my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Where Will You Go (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Where Will You Go
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 08-06-2009 12:23 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Erik Kartan comes in from Dark Shadows Rising in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

As he sat in the cabin of the frieghter he had appropriated, Erik waited as the navcomputer ticked the seconds down to reversion. Then, as the clock reached zero, he pulled the hyperspace lever down, and the ship creaked back into realspace, in the middle of nowhere. Grimacing at the sound the hyperdrive made upon reentry, Erik got to work. In the time between his abrupt exit from Hornett til now, more of his still-forming plan had popped into existence, for better or worse. For a few moments Erik then sat waffling, trying to decide where he was going to head first, seeing possibilities in both ideas he had...

...and deciding that both may in fact be useful. Or not, depending on who might actually come out to play, if anyone at all. The truth was, he was so tired of choosing sides, particularly when neither side seemed to be playing straight. Likewise, Erik was also really tired of feeling useless and, piloting skills or not, he was first and foremost an information smuggler.

And he did have information. Now all he needed was some proof to verify it before attempting to use it for his benefit. Turning to the comm unit on the navboard, Erik opened a highly encrypted frequency to the Stargazer.

"Katrina, this is Erik," he opened with. "I need you to pull up two sets of coordinates from our databases," he said, then telling her the two planets he had in mind. Although it was highly unlikely the two locations would be stored in this ship's navcomputer, Erik knew it was also as likely that Stargazer Corp had smuggled them from one source or another. Perhaps they'd even gained them honestly. Either way, it really didn't matter.

In only a few minutes, Katrina responded to his request by sending the requested coordinates along the same highly encrypted frequency he'd used earlier. "Anything else you need?" she asked, a bit worriedly.

"No," he responded. "Just keep your eyes and ears open for any good information. I'm working an angle or two here myself, and I'm hoping I'm going to end up with something useful for us. Stargazer Corp has been on the backburner far too long, and far too much is going on in the galaxy for us to sit idly by."

Or trust anyone with clear-cut agendas and sides, came an errant thought.

"Allright," Katrina replied. "Keep in touch, and stay safe."

As the connection on her end snapped closed, Erik turned to the navcomputer, pursing his lips and pondering his chosen destinatin a final time. Then, without any further hesitation, he keyed the coordinates in, waited for the navcomputer to interpret them, then pulled the lever that would in turn activate the hyperdrive. As stars stretched out into starlines, he hoped his gamble would pay off.

After all, he'd heard Kamino wasn't exactly the most pleasant of worlds to visit otherwise.

[ 08-18-2009 02:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-15-2009 01:28 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Challenger and all aboard her come into this thread from Dark Shadows Rising in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

I loved the feel of space beneath my wings... figuratively speaking of course. But there was no doubt about it; Dad didn't teach me to fly the family ship because Sissy-poops was such a, well... poop about it. He knew when he looked into my eyes that the reflection there was pure starlight.

My eyes were filled with stars even now as I arrowed away from Hornett, letting Eagle II spread her own wings in flight from the hulking destroyer as we proceeded dead ahead for about, oh, a few hundred thousand klicks or so. For the briefest of moments shadows of my past superimposed themselves against the starfield--

Coming to the rescue of another YT-2500, who was fleeing a super star destroyer of it's own...

Zooming away from imprisonment, a newly-met Terrin Danner turning green at my side as we barrel-rolled our way through this danger and that in our wild career from Ambria...

Fleeing Kamino, my stomach an uncomfortable little peach-pit of a knot as the eyes of my clone bore inquisitively into my back...

Others flickered here and there, beckoning.

Come. Remember that freedom? It's still out here...

I only smiled back at them.

"Not this time, my friends."

Even as the words had left my lips I was turning my little lamby around, now arrowing back practically smack on top of my prior trajectory, this time reaching out with sensors and seeking contact with a ship brand spankin' new to the glories of what awaited it in the Night.

"I'm here, guys," I commed Challenger; then sat back as the thunk of a tractor beam gripping hold of my craft assured me a swift and safe berth aboard her.

It wasn't long before that very event was enacted, and I found Eagle II yawning and stretching, and otherwise settling into the peaceful slumber of systems cooling and generally powering down.

I exited her with alacrity, whistling to myself as in the journey from the docking berth to the main cockpit area I found this wonder and that.

Wow. NICE ship!

A brief, and uncharacteristic stab of jealousy hit me; man I wished I'd gotten to get my hands on this baby! But the feeling soon disappeared; Captain Joao deserved it, considering all he'd been through for us, all he'd endured.

Soon I joined up with the others and found a seat. There I settled comfortably against the cushions and watched as the stars in the main viewport stretched themselves out into the smears that was hyperspace.

We were on our way.

[ 08-15-2009 01:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 08-17-2009 04:49 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik ran off down leaving Kyan alone in the corridor, Kyan leaned up against the bulkhead pondering all Erik had said.

It fit and yet it did not, logically it all made sense but on the other hand it did not it feels like the Force is telling me to trust its plan for me and not chase my Granddaughter using the information Erik gave me, as if some greater plan requires his attention.

Kyan was so occupied with his thoughts he almost missed Terrin and the others rushing toward the hanger bay, Kyan almost dismissed them if it were not for him overhearing that Erik took off to parts unknown.

What is Erik thinking as he is right now and with his potential it would be easy to corrupt him. The last thing the galaxy needed right now was another dark Jedi.

Running after them Kyan boarded the Challenger and remained in the rear of the cockpit leaning against a corner. Surly they noticed his presence who wouldn’t notice Mandalorian armor, and whatever they were planning it would certainly help to have a Jedi handy. Soon they were off into space and Kyan felt the dull thump of the Eagle II docking and Galen joining them in the cockpit of the ship, Kyan nodded acknowledging her presence as she took her seat.

“If you need me I’ll be in the cargo bay,” said Kyan.

Before anyone could say anything Kyan left the cockpit into the cargo bay. Kyan removed his armor and shoto leaving it against the wall leaving Kyan only in his Jedi robes with his lightsaber. Walking to the middle of the room Kyan closed his eyes and stretched out not with the Force but with all his other senses and felt the room, the air flowing around him every sound it made and through his mind’s eye he could feel its boundaries and every object in it along with its place. Igniting his sabers, Kyan held it in a reverse hand grip in a modified high guard with the blade pointed toward the deck across his body. Slowly Kyan began to move from one Kata to another then speeding up as if Kyan was having a battle with some invisible foe, like an ancient sword dancer Kyan continued in the silence of the cargo bay.
(((OOC: If its too late to bring Kyan along with the others I can change it, but I was really busy this past week so I'm sorry if I broke a rule.)))

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.79.15.102
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-17-2009 11:25 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Don't worry, not a problem! Glad that Kyan made it aboard with the rest of the guys! ))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 08-18-2009 02:47 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I had turned partway round in my seat to smile at Captain Danner's fiery lil wife as she entered and sat down herself. It was only then that I noticed that Kyan the Mysterious had at some point joined with us as well. I'm sure the surprise I felt at seeing him was mirrored in my eyes, and indeed it seemed to me as if that's the first thing he noticed for that enigmatic T-visor swung directly toward my face and remained there half a second or so. Then he nodded in general and settled himself for a bit against the bulkhead; I would like to think that the welcoming look which then supplanted the surprised one on my features was the causal factor, but something deep inside me told me that was awfully arrogant thinking on my part. I was in the process of opening my mouth to say something in general, when the man straightened, nodded to us all, and with a departing statement announcing his general availability to us all, left.

I blinked, now gawping round at the others, who looked somewhat surprised themselves.

"Well... I'm glad he's here." Thoughts finally managed to resolve into words, words spoken in a tone of voice which was innocent enough in itself, but which carried upon its back an obvious comparison with Erik Kartan.

How could two, so much alike, be yet so different?

I shook my head slightly, hoping the latter man -- if not apprehended by us first -- wouldn't show up one day to create a universe of hurt for us. Then I sighed, and brightened.

"I think you're doing great with that arm, Kid!" I piped to Link, who was engaged in picking tiny threads from the joints of her prosthesis. "I don't know about Captain Danner, but it sure doesn't take an artificial limb to snag on clothing!"

I held up my adventure-worn hands, scarred and dry from all they had been through, and flipped them from palm-forward to back.

Great Fates! I couldn't help thinking in non-sequiteur.

I could use a manicure!

I grinned and dropped my hands, reddening as shuffles and the slight sound of muffled laughter came into my ears. It died, though, beneath the words I next spoke.

"Well, it's a couple days until we reach the Sith worlds, so we have a little time on our hands. Has anyone come up with a good battle plan as how exactly we're going to deal with Erik, assuming we find him that is -- or extricate General Tarnus, should we happen to discover he's really on one of the planets after all?"

[ 08-18-2009 03:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 08-18-2009 09:41 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well," Terrin responded after looking at the information sent to his comm from the Hornett, "According to the calculations taken on Erik's last known coordinates and departure vector potential trajectories take him towards Khar Delba, K'eel Doba...

...or anywhere in the Outer Rim territories. While I'd like to hope he isn't headed to the Sith worlds, I don't know why he would go anywhere in the Outer Rim."

Terrin paused, shaking his head. "It's a shame he took a recntly acquired ship; the EE tracking device hadn't been installed in it yet, and I somehow think he might have known that. He obviously doesn't want us to know where he went...

...but then I can't figure out why, if he is headed to the Sith Worlds, that would really even matter. And we could probably speculate on this all day. If we knew he was enroute to the Sith Worlds, the only thing I can think of is somehow using his arrival as a distraction while we try to figure out of Tarnus is there and find him if need be. If he's headed elsewhere..."

Terrin shrugged. "I don't know."

[ 08-18-2009 09:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 08-20-2009 04:35 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link finished pulling out the threads snagged in her arm thinking to herself she would need something better to cover it with, something that won’t snag or have loose particles, maybe leather. Dismissing this as a line of thought for some other time Link brought up the communications array dialing in a frequency she knew by heart, not because she practically liked the person on the other end, but because she utterly despised the thing on the other end. Not wanting to get involved with a conversation with the thing on the other end Link hit the record button so she could compose the message ahead of time and send it later. Slowly inhaling a deep breath Link prepared for the second reason she hated this particular contact.

“Greatings almighty Greppa,” Link said in Huttese. “The lowly Ryn Link has needs of your services, for a meager service well within you great power I am willing to pay the normal rate with an additional 20,000 for you exalted services. If it would please you almighty Greppa I require the access codes to the Imperial comm logs with the access of an Imperial Intelligence officer. If you agree to these lowly terms for such a lowly creature send the codes back along the same frequency.”

As Link finished the recoding she shuddered inwardly at the message then sent it out onto parts unknown. Now Link knew she had some explaining to do to the group. Looking over the back of her chair everyone was staring in her general direction because Link assumed none of them knew any Huttese and were waiting for an explanation, at least she hoped they didn’t know Huttese.

“I think I found a way to find more information on Tarnus,” Said Link. “I got in touch with an old client, it may get us brief access to the Imperial comm logs, so Terrin I need 40,000 credits ready to transfer to this account in case it found anything.”

Link found a piece of flimsiplast and scribbled down an account number handing it to Terrin, and then settled back into her chair.

“So assuming we find Erik how do you plan on stopping him? I don’t imagine he’s going to simply admit he was acting on impulse and come back with us.”

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.79.15.102
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-20-2009 08:30 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I chewed my cheek, pondering.

"I haven't the slightest idea," I finally said, not too happy with myself for the profound statement I had just made. Great Khaandon, but it sounded like everyone was all in a toot to go get the guy; but just exactly how to do that hadn't quite been thought through.

I shook my head, and flung one leg over the arm of my seat.

"Hell's Seven Circles, we don't even know if he's popped out of hyperspace and altered his course!" I shook my head again.

"Seems like the only thing we can do is to continue on with our original idea of determining where Sor- that is, General Tarnus is, and see if we can help him. In the meantime..."

I swung my attention to Link, who was sitting there pretty as you please, nevermind the fact that she had just contacted the Hutts.

Khaandon, what other surprises does this gal have up her furry little sleeve?

"We do have the specs of the ship he took off in. Maybe your, ahh-- contact has enough reach to be keeping an eye out for it, should it appear around any known world, whether incoming, outgoing, or up for sale. That will at least give us something of an idea of where the hell Erik is heading.

"At least I hope so."

I thought a little bit further.

"And just in case he really is heading to the Sith worlds, maybe I'd better text the guys there with Aeylmaar. You know, give 'em a general kind of head's up. Wouldn't hurt to let 'em know what we're up to, either.

"Maybe we could swing by and extricate them, too, while we're at it.

"And, oh yeah, Terrin," I finished with a slight jerk of my head toward Link.

"Give her the credits."

[ 08-20-2009 08:36 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-25-2009 08:12 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"On that now," Terirn replied. In a short few minutes, via his commlink, Terrin sent the request for funds to be transferred from one of his accounts to the one Link had given him. "And by the way, if your contact is willing to keep an eye out I can give them specifics on that ship," he then said, the statement directed to Link. "As for Matt and Jasyn,"

Terrin paused, keying in a couple of comm frequencies that were very familiar to him, "Going by and picking them up might be a good idea, if for nothing more than giving us strength in numbers. Besides, we haven't heard anything much from our commrades and aquantainces since we left Khar Delba. Soemthing doesn't seem right about that. But you're right; giving Matt and Jasyn a heads up now," he ended, beginning to key in his message which would travel along a highly secured and encrypted frequency once sent.
Matt, Jasyn- heads up to let you know Erik Kartan blasted off the Hornett abruptly with one of our ships, and may be headed in your direction. Keep an eye out. We're headed in your way as well to find out something regarding the whereabout of the Lieutenant General. We'll keep you posted and will hopefully be enroute to pick you up shortly.

Finishing the message, Terrin sent it on its way.
(((OCC: Editted. Sorry for the goof, wasn't intentional; just wrote that right around my bedtime. Long week.)))

[ 08-26-2009 05:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 08-26-2009 09:25 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: In Link's last post I already had her hand a piece of paper to Terrin with the account number he is requesting.
quote:

Link found a piece of flimsiplast and scribbled down an account number handing it to Terrin, and then settled back into her chair.

I'll wait on having Link reply of Mara wants to change Terrin's post.)))

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 08-30-2009 07:38 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link cringed at the thought of having to grovel before that Hutt again. True Yaoksi volunteered their services in helping to find Erik which Terrin was so kind to offer compensation for, but Link would rather shave off her fur than to beg that thing for more help.

“Ohh no,” said Link. “I am not calling that thing back, it’s bad enough I actually have to speak in huttese to that thing, but I am not groveling before it more than once a year. Besides the Hutt doesn’t have the resources to help in that regard, unless you want to put out a wanted poster with the Empire.”

Wait wanted poster, perhaps there was an easier way to track Erik after all.

Out of habit Link’s tail somehow ended up in her lap which she started stroking while contemplating her plan.

“Feel free to shoot this down but hear me out first,” said Link. “Put out a bounty for Erik, with specific conditions of alive and unharmed. I could forge a couple police reports and rap sheets in various systems to backup the lie. If he goes to any populated part of space then he will likely get tailed by a bounty hunter or local cops whom are easy to slice. And the better part is if we find him first you don’t have to pay a single credit.”

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 09-03-2009 10:06 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I pursed my lips thoughtfully as I considered the logic of Link's suggestion. While Khaandon alone knew how I wouldn't want to put one of those infamous guys on anybody's tail, her idea did have merit to it. There were relatively few of us, and an entire guild of bounty hunters with connections simply everywhere; oh yeah, there were those who had opted to leave the Guild and strike it out solo, but those were the guys and gals whose only interest -- period -- was the credits. Chances were that while they might be a tad wee cheaper to hire, they would probably be a bit happier with their collective trigger fingers, and we wanted Erik alive.

I pondered some more. I had some history with the Guild through my days with Sorben; maybe they'd remember me and cut me a deal or something. Maybe I could get Seus himself to take on the job. This led to thoughts of Sorben, and how the Guild was more than likely viewing him at this point in time, and I winced.

They probably weren't too happy with their erstwhile Top Gun Hunter; would that displeasure dribble out to include me as well?

Memories fingered outward, and I now found myself suddenly remembering the time I had sneaked in and used Quee's secreted lair to bait out Sorben when Actar had placed a bounty on my head and Darra's, instructing him to come and, well... do his thing.

Which he most certainly had.

Clones are a wonderful thing at times...

Another thought struck me then.
Surely Quee had determined that somebody had appropriated his home for a period of time, and I knew Quee. Jedi though he might be, that probably hadn't made him the happiest of campers; who better to track down the culprit -- in this case, yours truly -- than the Guild? By now he had to know it was me, and certainly by now had determined what had happened.

And I was still hale and whole, wasn't I? So the Guild couldn't be too angry with Sorben, right? Or at least not with me.

The logic, or at least what I figured to be the logic, of that train of thought satisfied me, and I nodded to Link.

"Good idea, kiddo," I replied. "I have, ummm... some connections of my own. Why don't you do your thing, and rustle up the requisite information, and I'll get this particular ball rolling. This should at least free us up a little more, not having to worry about splitting our interests, if you all know what I mean."

Seus would help us, I just knew he would. Especially when I nudged his memory a bit in the "weird little ship" department. I knew he was dying to find out more about that Sith fighter; a few choice hints as to where we thought Erik might be heading, and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to take the job.

Even if it meant revealing the location of the Sith worlds to the Bounty Hunter Guild. That was a risk we'd just have to take.

[ 02-08-2010 11:37 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 09-09-2009 04:28 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link wasted little time in starting her task, slicing into local police was the easy part it got tricky when divising what kind of criminal record to create and to make sure the local authorities wouldn't execute him on the spot for one of Link's made up crimes. Sticking with plasible crimes on poor but not too poor systems Link worked her magic creating a back story any lowlife would be proud of. Boosting a speeder on Tarris, armed robbery on Tatooine, running an Imperial blockade, and just for laughs illegal gambling on Corellia. Satisfied with her work Link left the ficticious rap sheet on the display swiveling her chair around to face Galen.

“I finished with the background for Erik,” Said Link. “All you have to do is hit the transmit button if you plan on going with the bounty hunter idea, or if you just want to see what happens if Erik ever gets arrested and tries to explain to cops how its impossible to be arrested for illegal gambling on Corellia because no one on Corellia cares about the odds.”

Link rose from her chair donned her duster then proceded to the rear of the cockpit.

“Yaoksi we left before we had a chance to receive those parts I ordered but I can make the other upgrades I was taking about while we are in hyperspace,” Said Link. “Like rerouting the coputer core to be access from my station or quarters, and upgrades to the security system as well, that is unless you want to wait or you need me up here.”

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 09-15-2009 11:19 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I turned from the galactic map I had been taking a gander at there in the rear -- after all, a ship following a course through hyperspace that extended out over a couple of days didn't need her Captain at the helm every minute.

"That's a good idea, kiddo," I agreed with a nod, and watched while Link headed toward companionway peeping beyond the command center.

"And hey, Link!" I called, now propelling myself into motion and coming to her side. I took her gently by the arm, and spoke into her ear.

"I don't know to what extent you might have sensed out before we went into hyperspace, but why don't you go take a look at the whatever data you might have collected. See if you can find any transmissions at all coming from Imperial space or anywhere that might have anything to do with Tarnus. Something just isn't right; someone of his caliber can't have just up and gone invisible without somebody somewhere knowing something about it, and who would have the capability of digging up that something but the Impys?"

I smiled down into her big brown eyes.

"You're good, Kid; if anyone can find anything, it will be you."

I sent her on to her multi-tasks, then joined the others who were still hovering near my empty pilot's seat.

"I know we seem to do this a lot, but I think we function best over food. During my tour through Challenger I found one heckuva galley aboard her; maybe we should go grab a bite and come up with a real step-by-step plan of action to follow once we hit Sith space."

I paused fractionally.

"General ideas are a great place to begin, but I'd like to know just who is going to do what and where that what is gonna be, once we get where we're going. I don't imagine it's gonna be easy getting ourselves into a Sith prison, after all, not to mention getting ourselves out.

"Unless someone here is really good with diplomacy... and assuming that Sith guy we spoke to was really lying to us, that is."

I gave my head an emphatic nod and headed in toward another connecting companionway.

"We can pop out of hyperspace after a bit to send the transmission to the bounty hunters, if we decide to follow through with that idea at all. Personally, I kinda like it; let someone else do our work for us so we can concentrate on the major issue at hand. C'mon guys, the galley is way; the ship will be all right on her own for a bit."

[ 09-15-2009 11:26 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-20-2009 10:08 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"And maybe there is actually a chance Kartan isn't up to something as totally insane as trying to blast the Sith to smitherines," Terrin pointed out doubtfully as they began following Yaoksi towards the galley. "I like the idea of putting someone else on him as well, and maybe gaining some allies for the future in the process." He quieted then, chewing his lip thoughtfully as he mulled over Yaoksi's words regarding just exactly how they were going to this, and a thought crossed his mind.

"You know, about that diplomatic avenue..."

He trailed a moment, still thinking. "It's probably a bad idea, but we just might have something to offer the Sith warriors that we didn't before. I mean, they have been relying on magickal powers that are now all gone, from their communications systmes to goodness knows what else. I wonder if we could somehow come in on two fronts...

...approach them directly about maybe making a deal to give them technical resources while others go in behind while they are distracted and investigate the truth of whether or not Tarnus is still imprisoned there or not."

Terrin paused shrugging. "Of course, I don't like the idea of splitting up at all, or revealing ourselves the least little bit if stealth is going to serve our purposes best."

He quieted again, another idea coming to his mind. "You know, Tarnus wears Mandalorian armor. Granted, the Sith might have taken it from him when they imprisoned him so it might not help us in the least, but if something of it is still on the Sith worlds...

...some of our technology should be able to sense his unless it has been deactivated...":

He fell silent a final time, frowning as his look darkened. "...or destroyed."

(((OCC It's late and I think I'm rambling. Hope this post makes sense!)))

[ 09-20-2009 10:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 09-21-2009 09:41 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Perfect sense!))

I nodded enthusiastically at Terrin's latter suggestion.

"I didn't think of that!" I exclaimed, a little embarrassed to have overlooked something so obvious it was practically smacking me in the face. "But you're right; if not a way to determine if Sorben himself is still on K'eel Doba, at least it will prove if he left there under good circumstances. I imagine it would take something short of all-out war to prevent him from regaining that armor of his if the prospect was before him of getting it back himself."

I brightened as that thought extended itself into another fairly obvious one.

"And hey," I continued as we rounded upon the hatchway to the Mess. "If something did happen to Sorben, maybe if we present evidence that we know his armor is there will, ummm, well... persuade the Sith into giving it to us. Or maybe we can find it ourselves, although I think that's kinda doubtful. I mean, sure we will more than likely be able to pinpoint its location, but actually getting to it is another matter."

By this time we had found a table roomy enough to accommodate us all, and had taken a seat. A young man materialized, took drink orders, and vanished. I scooted my chair back a bit and cocked it at an angle, propping an ankle on my opposing knee and stretching a bit before finishing my prior statement.

"If we can get our hands at least on his armor, that's going to go a long way toward persuading Sorben into listening to us whenever that opportunity presents itself. I know Sorben; he loves that armor. We could use it as a bargaining chip, but honestly I'd be happier if we just returned it to him gratis and let him take it from there."

I paused as the young man returned to take our orders, then went on.

"You know, I kinda hope we find him hiding out somewhere on K'eel Doba, or wherever. I mean, I think we'd have a better chance of gaining his trust and support if we could just talk to him alone, and not with the entire Empire holding him in place, if you know what I mean."

The image of us approaching him in his official position, his armor in hand, could most certainly result in disaster. Who's to say how the hell mad he might be at us, if not me in particular, and might use that as an excuse to send us all to the brig?

But if we could find him alone, somehow, talk to the man and not the establishment...

"Well, we can cross that bridge when we come to it. Just another thought."

I quieted and took a sip of my drink. It was very good; I savored the heady warmth of it as it rushed into my head before spreading out and downward through my entire body, relaxing me enough that I slumped down even more in my seat.

"As for the bounty hunter thing, I'm all for it!" I finished, taking another and a bit longer sip.

[ 09-21-2009 09:45 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 09-22-2009 09:01 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik gazed distantly at the navboard, the seconds to arrival passing in slow motion. His plan, still losely formed, grew more and more absurd to him with each passing moment. Even so, he didn't feel like there was any other choice. He had long since decided against the Empire and its ways regardless of any reform they had made, and he wasn't about to trust anything Sith, not anymore. And quite honestly, that didn't leave him with any where else to turn, really.

Except back to oneself. And after all, wasn't that exactly what an information smuggler should do? Seek out information, place it in the hands of those who might be willing to pay large sums for it...

...not trusting them to use anything you've got for one side or another as long as it pays.

The only trouble with that particular approach was, however, that you still had to make some judgement calls. Which made having an angle of your own particularly helpful.

And that he most certainly did have.

As Erik took the final sip of a mug of caf he had been nursing, his proximity indicators began blaring, announcing imment reversion to realspace. After placing the mug on the copilot's seat, Erik leaned forwared and busied himself with tending to the navboard...

...and wondered if the Kaminoans would be willing to trade off with him for the information he had concerning those who had no doubt forced them into servitude not so long ago.

(((OCC: Follow Erik to [i]When it Rains, It Pours in this same forum, thank you.)))

[ 09-22-2009 09:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 10-09-2009 02:00 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link gave a little thought to what Yaoksi said about checking the information she got on Tarnus before they left The Eagle. She knew the odds where low that from the little time she had started that there would be anything worthwhile, but casting her doubts to the wind she decided to give it a go. Opening her data pad she wasn’t sure what she was looking for but somehow ended up looking at the comm traffic the modified holonet transceiver had received before they departed. Seeing the impossible task of sorting through the messages that passed through the transceiver, Link decided to filter the messages to find anything relevant. Once Link applied the filters she had the datapad search the messages again with the filters, setting the datapad on a desk Link started her other task of some creative rewiring.

Link had just finished opening an access panel in the overhead when from the desk Link’s datapad began to beep.

Stupid datapad it must have failed to find anything with those filters, I knew I should have made them looser.

Dropping what she was doing Link checked on her datapad which to her surprise had a few results. Quickly looking over the data Link had no idea how but she did it. Abandoning her rewiring she rushed down the corridor to looking for the others, not finding them in the cockpit where she left them Link ran through the ship looking for them.

Engine room… nope, med bay… nope, crew quarters… nope, cargo bay… crazy Mandalorian so nope.

After running around the entire ship Link arrived at the galley where she found everyone who is not a crazy Mandalorian, eating and having conversation.

“I think I did it,” said Link. “I think I found Tarnus.”

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 213.255.230.132
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-10-2009 12:39 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's brows shot up in surprise and, unavoidably, a little skepticism as well. "Really?" he asked, not having anything better to comment. "Where? And just how reliable is the source?" he added, not really having anything further to say until Link gave some more details regarding her find.

--------------------

~~Galen

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 10-12-2009 04:49 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Caught in the act of swallowing, I nearly choked when Link made her surprising announcement. I spluttered in the most unladylike manner as all four of my appendages scrambled to either set my glass back on the table, get my feet underneath me to straighten in my seat, or flail about so I would keep my balance during the above. I was getting ready to open my mouth in reply when Terrin beat me to the punch.

I couldn't help but raise a brow at the obvious disbelief that tinged his voice.

"That's great, kid!" I burst out, smiling even while I shot Terrin a somewhat annoyed look. I mean, look at what the kid had already managed to do; now he's suddenly Mr. Doubtful?

I shook down my annoyance and concentrated on Link, who to tell the truth appeared to be taken somewhat aback by my husband's response. I hastened to smooth any fur that might start to get ruffled.

"How did you do it? Where did you find the data? And--"

I paused for effect, still trying to squelch any rising trepidation Link might be experiencing. The kid had been through enough; Khaandon knows I didn't want her to withdraw away from us when she was starting to fit in so well as a team member.

"What did you find? Where is he?"

I leaned forward, looking forward to the answer to the latter question with far more interest than I thought I would have.

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 10-28-2009 12:34 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“I... uh well,” Link stuttered.

Link took a step back and thought about what she was going to say. What she found made sense to her but she didn't know how to phrase it so the others would understand.

“Well,” Link continued. “Yaoksi asked me to go though the information I gathered before we left. So I sorted the messages by point of origin. Then I found the messages that originated on the holonet relay closest to Khar Delba... where we last knew Tarnus was held. I found that some of the messages had an insane amount of encryption which I could only assume would belong to some one important like Tarnus. After his capture by the Sith the Empire would change his encryption keys, so he wopuld only be able to send off one other message using those keys. I found a message using that encryption and from the holonet relay I can say it originated in the Ryloth system, the Rishi system, or the Tatooine system. And don't even ask if I can decrypt the messages, the Empire at that point is using such complex algorithyms that I would need to be at the terminal the message was sent from to decrypt it.”

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.67.206.196
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-28-2009 10:06 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sensing that he'd sparked some friction, albeit unintentionally, Terrin sought to smooth over any misunderstanding regarding his skepticism.

"Well, you've narrowed down the field to three planets, which is what really counts," "Terrin responded. "I can't figure out why he would be on Rhyloth or Tatooine, there's not much in either place other than the Hutts."

Terrin paused, frowning. "But something about the Rishi system sounds familiar..."

Trailing again, he chewed his lip. Then memory registered. "Isn't Kamino somewhere out there?"

--------------------

~~Galen

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-15-2009 10:54 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I chewed my lip, letting my thoughts wander as I considered what Link had come up with. In their journeys, those thoughts led me back to a time and place that now seemed so very, very far away, but yet were of the greatest importance to me, personally speaking. Whether or not there was any connection, who on Roon knew; however, sometimes the smallest, most innocent of notions will, if nurtured, expand into The Right Answer.

Might as well give it a shot...

"True," I began slowly, shifting my weight a bit more comfortably in my seat as I now let my pilot's mind flash into navigational access mode.

"Kamino is out near Rishi, and Tatoo I and II are not far from Ryloth. At least if we decide to check out all these worlds it's fairly easy; they're all in the Outer Rim but fairly close to each other. But--"

I paused a moment, thinking hard.

"There's a sub-system of the Ryloth system that has a planet somewhat close to Tatooine. That planet is Ambria, from what I can recollect... and the Impys seemed to like it there."

Memories of my genteel imprisonment at the hands of Actar, of begging Swatzi to free me, and of meeting Terrin swarmed into my head, demanding further attention. I pushed them back en masse; I didn't need them in any great detail. At least not yet.

"I think they have some kind of major base there. It's close to Tatooine; do any of you think there might be a connection? I mean, of the three worlds, none really have any obvious answers; all are pretty much quiet and nondescript. All have their pros and cons."

A hand shot up, and I began to tick off points on my fingers. On afterthought, I really didn't need that many fingers, either.

"Kamino: water, must get past Greeters of each stilt-city to gain entry. But-- the Kaminoans have assisted the Old Empire in the past, and will assist anyone with deep enough pockets."

Indeed they will, won't they Galen? Seems you and Sorben have traipsed there before, haven't you? As have other, stranger beings...

"Ryloth," I went on quickly, "has strategic placement near the Rishi Maze. Now, why Sorben would need to be near the Rishi Maze is something I can't get a handle on; there's not too much known about that system. Unless the Impys have created a new base there that we don't know about, I say nix trying there. Which brings us to Tatooine."

I puffed out my cheeks, exhaling as I tried to think of some connection there which would interest the Impys.

"It's the back-end of the Galaxy, a den of thieves and vagabonds and all that. Fairly low in population, deadly in the wild areas, and wasn't there supposed to be a new Jedi Praxeum being built there?"

I raised my brows, shooting Terrin a questioning look before continuing.

"I dunno; why would he go there? Why would anyone go there? Again, all I can think of is that if Sorben ended up in any of these three places it would be as a stepping stone to returning to Coruscant. You know, like he managed to get a ship and get himself off of K'eel Doba. Or was taken there by the Sith en route to being hauled off somewhere else, which makes absolutely no sense at all.

"Nope, somehow he managed to get himself out of that Temple, into a ship, and off-planet. If anyone can do it, he can; believe me. I just can't figure out why in Khaandon's name he'd sky clear across the Galaxy instead of simply going straight to Coruscant or... wait!"

I sat up quickly, snapping my fingers.

"Does anyone know if there were any blockades around any of those worlds? I mean, then it would make perfect sense for him to go to one of those three. Maybe he went there to try to link up with the Imperial Navy before heading back to Coruscant... or even on to Ambria. Again, all three are fairly close to Ambria, but Tatooine is the closest.

"What do you think?"

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-12-2009 01:00 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin chewed his lower lip, trying to remember anything about a blockade around Tatooine.

"Well, the last time we were on Tatooine we didn't exactly travel there and back in the most normal fashion...we ported in and out," he said, thinking aloutd. "So I guess my unhelpful answer is that, at the moment, I can't think of anything."

He paused, considering further. "But maybe there is a way for us to find out if there are any blockades around Tatooine fairly quickly. If Link can't nose around and find out how trade has been flowing in and out of Tatooine in more ahhh... unofficial channels--which I'm certain she can-- he quickly added, "Then I could just take a look at any sells we've had with clients on Tatooine. One thing is for certain, if the Empire has a blockade going there, then there most certainly is some undercover trades going in and out of the system too. That could give us a clue, if not an outright answer."

[ 12-12-2009 01:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-14-2009 10:08 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Just FYI to posters... As far as I can remember there IS a blockade still around Tatooine. I know General Ahem's flagship was heading it, but it left to go to Sullust when all the ruckus broke out there (with Cardissa and other wildness on-planet, lol). So, while he and the flagship are no longer there (now I think they're around Coruscant) the remainder of the blockade should be.

Dang, it's been too long!!!))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e