my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Where Will You Go (Page 8)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Where Will You Go
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 02-01-2011 10:00 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link downed her caf, all this talk of magik and the Force gave her a headache. At first she didn’t believe in it and just thought the Jedi were elaborate con artists. As time went on even she had to admit there was something about it that she had to admit was real.

“Why is it as soon as I met you everything got stranger?” commented Link. “Not that it’s all been bad, I got a shiny new arm.”

Link worked the fingers of her hand, she was finally getting use to manipulating the arm is if she was born with it.

“On a serious note, what is our plan after this. We rescue Terrin’s employee and then what. The Sith, Empire, Vong, and Jedi are preparing to duke it out and what can two smugglers hope to do.”

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 03-30-2011 11:44 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Force gave Kyan no great insight no solution to the problems they were going to face. But then again it was not surprising to him for decades he had not felt its touch until recently when by some twist of fate he could now sense his apprentice across the room from him. He tried to thing back on the vision he saw and from there reach for that familiar connection with the Force, but every time it came closer it slipped further from his grasp.

What actions do I need to take to ensure the future I saw? Why can’t I fulfill this future’s destiny?

Destiny, it was a word Kyan had hardly ever used. As a believer in the living Force he didn’t believe in fulfilling some overarching plan. If he saw a problem no matter how small and what the ramifications of it might have been he would intervene. Often times to the critism of the Jedi Counsel who argued his sole dedication to the Force had left him unpopular with many Jedi and untrusted by the New Republic. Ever since he lost his connection to the Force what had he done? He left his family and a broken Jedi order behind to recover his own powers. He had become so reliant on the Force to give him answers he forgotten one important fact.

He was still part of the Force.

The very thing he told Galen about how the Force can influence the living he himself had ignored. So what right now was the right thing to do.

The Jedi are disorganized and unprepared for the threats that this galaxy faces. If we are to survive we need a leader to control the actions of the Jedi and can speak on their behalf. I never wanted to be on the council and the council never wanted me, but I cannot deny that I am the only remaining master. What the Force tells me is we need a new type of Jedi Order.

Gal’ika,” said Kyan. “From what you know about the Sith and the current Empire if I were to approach them as the leader of the Jedi Order and offer them an alliance between us how would they react.”

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-30-2011 12:12 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My martial arts workout came to a grinding halt at this. Puffing a touch from the exertion--

It's been way too long since you've kept up on this kind of thing, Galen. Sure as there's Treasure on Roon!

--I turned to face Master Jetiis'ad.

"Well," I began a bit doubtfully, a frown beginning to creep along my features. "I'm not certain. I mean, it's all been so, well...

"So weird with them. I mean, there's a couple I wouldn't trust as far as a dewback can waddle, but then there are others I most certainly would entrust with my very life."

The image of Big Red and his lordly companion flew into my mind; this was quickly supplanted by that of dear ol' Sissypoops.

"My own sister is heavily involved with them, but she seems to change her mind on the vagaries of the wind. However, she also seems to have some kind of political influence with them... as do both the trustworthy and untrustworthy Sith that I know of. Not to mention that those last ones both seem to have some kind of political influence as well. So--"

I paused a bit, chewing my lip.

"I suppose it would depend on just which Sith it is that we would approach. It's all somewhat, ahh... complicated, you see," I finished, cringing inwardly for the lame manner in which I had managed to reply to my Master.

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 03-30-2011 12:24 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I let my air of "everything's-gonna-be-all-right-you'll-see" evaporate at Link's tacit question.

Back to Square One, weren't we?

Shaking my head I lifted my caf to my lips, grimaced to find it suddenly tasteless. I let the cup settle upon the table with a determined clunk.

"I don't know, Kiddo. I guess that's what all the Force-stuff has been about. I guess that's why we're heading to these Sith to retrieve Terrin's employee. I think what we're all about is getting all our eggs into one basket, so they're all nice and handy when the time comes to throw 'em at the Vong."

And I sure as hell hope it works...

I let a puff of air escape my lips then, and rose to freshen my cup. Sitting back down again, I leaned back and lifted the cup.

"So we go to the Sith, play nicey-nicey, see what options we have there in the attempt to get Matt outta their brig. During this, we have a big ol' SSD with us, just for quiet muscle; I hope we don't have to use her. But to tell the truth, guys, I'm not at all certain that diplomacy alone will be enough to find out what we need, and to get our man back on board.

"I think Link is right. I think we need to explore back-up options, just in case. And so, what would we have to possibly offer in trade to a race who seems to be as powerful as these guys are, but who for whatever reasons still want to keep themselves removed from the rest of the Galaxy as a whole?"

[ 03-30-2011 12:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 03-30-2011 12:58 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin shook his head, chewing his lip a bit in thought.

"I have no idea in hell," he admitted aloud, sighing to himself. "The only other advantage we potentially have over these Sith that I can think of is that not all of them are our enemies. The ones on K'eel Doba seem to have a proclivity for staying to themselves more than some others, like those on Khar Delba where we all were last before we split up."

Terrin paused, his eyes defocusing a bit as he thought further. "In the past, I've had alliances with these guys...

...but never with the Warrior clan. And as for the reasons the Sith agreed to an alliance with me at the time...

...well, that was in relation to protecting Galen and Darra from the big and baddies who might attempt to..."

He trailed, his look darkening at his words, "... use them for their own dark plans."

He quieted a moment, shaking his head. "If it hadn't been to ensure their absolute safety, I never would have allied myself with the Sith at all."

In that moment, a dark menacing thought popped up in Terrin's head regarding something he'd almost forgotten about, something that suddenly made him almost sick to his stomach.

Roan had been after Galen and Darra, and they had all supposed at the time it was merely to bring the Sith back into this time in the manner that he had wanted. But they were also fairly certain that Roan had aligned himself with the Vong, at some point. Which meant the Vong might have been aware of Galen and Darra and their potential importance...

Unthinkly, Terrin shook his head, his blue eyes defocusing and darkening. No way. No kriffing way in hell...

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 03-30-2011 01:43 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Capt. Danner's words dragged forth some unexpected images from where they'd been stored in long-term memory, distasteful images of when we had shared time on Sullust, and what had happened to his fiery lil' wife.

That guy, if he was Sith, just had to be one of the bad ones!

Other than that, the only contact I had with these people was that brief time spent on their Warrior World, with Thea and Link and K'kihl and Phalomir, where we ended up being sent through a Portal into yet another crazy adventure by none other than Graysith herself, who had the blond at her side come to think of it...

Welll... outside of just prior to the above a particularly nasty little jaunt through the interdimensional realms purportedly home to said baddies of 'em, or at least linking to them somehow...?

I shook myself back into focus, and turned to address him directly.

"So what you are saying is that maybe instead of going back to the Warrior place, which one was it, K'eel Doba? Anyway, maybe we should approach the, ummm... friendlier of the Sith on this other world of theirs, Khar Delba?"

I paused a moment to look at Capt. Danner in a fresh, new light.

"What happened with you there, bud?"

[ 03-30-2011 04:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 03-30-2011 02:07 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's eyes defocused as memories of another time and place, seemingly so long ago, begin to play in his mind's eye. With effort he shook himself back to the question at hand, looking over at Yaoksi. He couldn't really remember how or when he and Galen had gotten separated from the man—an unexpected and oh so blessedly needed savior—but he did recall at least one thing that happened about the time they all split up.

“I can't remember if you were with us still at the time—hell, it seems like its been eons ago—but when Galen gave birth, the baby she had was not our Darra, but instead was Graysith's daughter ShaRhylla, which was obvious by the mere fact she had horns like her father, Dark Lord Roan.”

Terrin paused, anger still welling up in him at the thought of what had been done to Galen. “In time we found Darra on Khar Delba, with the Lord of the Sorcerors, who infoirmed us all of Lord Roan's intent to use both Darra and her cousin to bring the Sith back and use them for his own dark plans...as well as Galen.”

Again Terrin trailed, his eyes growing vague once more. “An alliance with Graysith and with the Sorceror Lord was the only way to ensure that Galen and Darra would remain safe...and together. But in time, things unravaled, Galen blasted outta there like she had every kriffing right to when the Sith were haughty enough to put Darra in the middle of a dangerous plot...

...and I was an idiot and stayed behind, thinking that was somehow the right thing to do. In the end we all ended going on our seperate ways, and by the time we reunited on K'eel Doba Rhylla's age had been advanced and Darra had been taken by Roan. Even more went amiss and we ended up in the Darker Realms where ShaRhylla did something or other to my head...

...and things just got worse from there.”

Terrin didn't dare try to explain to them that he had died that day, only to be brought back alive 2 years later. “A couple of years later when Galen and I got back together and allied ourselves with her sister and the Sorcerers once more, it was to find that Darra's age had been advanced. She and Galen have been reunited...

...and for now, Darra is safe. The warriors, who were lead by Dark Lord Roan are now, in the absence of Graysith, being lead by his daughter and hers, ShaRhylla, who we hold absolutely no alliance with. Someone must have thought that, without her powers, ShaRhyilla might be willing to entertain such, but apparently not as Matt has been imprisoned there.”

Terrin shook his head. "Maybe we are approaching this all the wrong way, and should seek the help of the Sorcerors in springing Matt. After all, with the potential of Vong incoming and the powers that the Sith have, we may need an alliance with them regardless."

Terrin's look darkened once more. "Particularly since we are fairly certain, based on past events, that Dark Lord Roan had alliances with the incoming Vong."

He frowned. "Thank the Fates he is dead, cause there's no telling what sort of sordid and evil plans he would be making with them now."

Trailing, Terrin's mind strayed once more to thoughts that were of an entirely unpleasant and all-too-disturbing nature.

[ 03-30-2011 06:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 04-04-2011 04:00 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan frowned at Galen’s analysis of the situation; not from the conclusions and insights Galen provided, but at her lack of confidence in her answer. He let out a sigh of frustration at her assessment.

“Why do you doubt yourself Gal’ika?” came Kyan’s question. “Is it because you truly do not know or because you are afraid of a wrong answer?”

Kyan let Galen think for a few moments on what was the cause of her doubts before continuing.

“When you were learning to pilot a ship did you not at first believe that what you saw others do you would never be able to replicate. Then overtime did you not come to the realization that one day I could pilot a ship just like them and possibly even better? What changed then was you saw your own true potential and then the real learning and improvement began.”

Once again Kyan let Galen absorb his words before he continued on.

“Like I have told you before doubt and fear will feed the dark side of the Force Gal’ika. What I have taught you so far only scratches the surface of what a Jedi can actually do when they realize their full potential and work with the Force as their ally. Maybe once you also realize you the potential with The All and no longer fear the power you let it have over you, it can be wielded as easily as piloting comes to you. But until you come to see the Force and your potential as I do teaching you anymore of it will be both a danger to you and those you care about.”

Kyan rose from the deck and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Do not take this as a reprimand Gal’ika,” said Kyan. “For your information about the Sith is helpful. I will still continue to teach you about the Force, but only what I have already taught you thus far until you really accept the Force and the path of the Jedi as your own.”

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 209.170.255.14
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 05-13-2011 12:32 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Okay, now I knew down to my very gut that either Kyan and I were going to see eye to eye, or I was going to have to bow out gracefully as being his padawan.

What was it they say, after all, about the student teaching the teacher?

I heaved a sigh.

"Master Jetiis'ad," I began, trying to sound confident this time. Apparently they teach the jedi how to home in on peeps body language as revealed by the tone of their voice; didn't they ever learn that there could be more than one monster lurking behing every hypothetical tree? Yeesh.

I shook myself briefly, then pressed on.

"I'm truly sorry if I sounded hesitant or anything, but I am really not at odds with what I'm trying to tell you." I paused a moement, seemingly for effect but actually far from it.

"I do not doubt myself at all, Hell's Seven Circles no! I know what I've seen, what I've been through, what these Sith are... at least I think I know a little about what they might really be..." This last was an out and out admission to my own suppositions. Khaandon alone truly knew what I knew, or at least thought I did, and what I thought I supposed...

Ummm... yeah.

I pressed on, wincing a little again, and then wincing more. Dang if my Master didn't misread what that wince was all about!

I reached out a hand to him.

"I think that you keep misunderstanding me," I began carefully. "I think that you think I am unsure of myself, when in reality my resolve has never been stronger, my assurance never more complete. I know what we are going up against; I know what might prove to be our greatest aid...

"And you keep rambling on about the Force."

I paused again, wincing.

Dammit, Galen, when ya gonna stop that?

At any rate, I knew what I was going to say either was not going to be recognized, or was not going to be accepted.

"Master, why do you adhere to this small thing, the Force? What we are going to need to kick the Vong is what my Sissy has, this All thing, and it is so much more."

I paused a moment, searching deeply into his hidden eyes.

"Please listen to me, and believe me, my Master. You must, if we are to truly succeed in what we are trying to do."

Or if I am to remain your student, came the unbidden afterthought. This is not only becoming boring, but could actually become dangerous if allowed to be dismissed for too much longer...

[ 05-14-2011 02:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 05-13-2011 01:43 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So I misjudged her resolve, she is committed to the path.

Gal’ika I was wrong about you,” answered Kyan. “I thought that you did not see the possibilities you held, but it seems that sometimes the Master must become the apprentice as well. You are right when you referred to the Force as a small thing, for it is but one aspect that can be accessed by many with almost an infinite number of disciplines. Whether the All is a facet of the same power as the Force, the source of it, or something else entirely I’m not sure anyone can accurately say either way.”

Kyan drew on the little connection he had with the Force for calm, quieting the shouting voices in his head.

“I think you need to know why I place the Force in high regard,” Kyan began. “But to do so I must tell you of two things; how on the worse day of my life I lost my wife, my youngest daughter, many Jedi, and was forced to kill my own brother. On that day I also saw the Force for what it truly was and lost it at the same time. The second is of your own future or a possible future. As a believer in the living Force I chose to ignore most visions and fulfilling destiny, but when one does not actively seek vision of the future and the living Force allows one a glimpse of things that may come then it is permitted to pursue that future. “

Kyan was hesitant to share not only his past with Galen but what he saw in her possible future. He knew the danger to knowing one’s own future and destiny.

“If you are willing I will tell you of my past,” continued Kyan. “And show you your future.”

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 05-14-2011 02:32 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My eyes widened at this, as an unexpected little voice began whispering secrets of a race of beings, ones who were not of our time, or maybe shouldn't be... hell, what did I know? I knew that they were something Dad thought extinct as a race, only suddenly they were alive and thriving, thank you very much.

I know of this, of a happening linking to a distant past... and Kyan wishes to reveal to me my future...

Somehow, deep in my gut, I just knew the two were inextricably linked together. With no further ado, I hunkered down, sitting back against my heels and placing my hands quietly in my lap.

"Please, Master," I replied, then fell into quiet invitation that he continue.

--------------------

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 05-15-2011 12:37 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Where do I even begin?

Kyan motioned for Galen to sit he knew that this might take a while to explain.

“I’ve told you before that I killed the last Dark Jedi,” began Kyan. “On that day I lost my wife and youngest daughter. The Jedi lost many of our own as well, and in order to stop that Dark Jedi I killed my brother. Ja’ya and I were twins and both of us became Jedi Masters, but he abandoned our Mandalorian heritage. And like wise we both adhered to different Jedi traditions, I came to treat the Force as a living being and letting it guide my actions even when that ran contrary to the agenda of the New Republic, or the Jedi council. He believed in the Force as a tool, a means to an end and that end he kept to himself.”
Now we come to the Darkest Day.

“My brother eventually ended up on the Jedi council, in his time he was arguably one of the most powerful of our order and respected by many. He also led a faction of the Jedi that believed in using Jedi to better the Galaxy even if that meant the sacrifice of certain liberties. None of the Jedi believed they were a problem just some minor issues with the Force, but he was loved by the New Republic. No one expected that he would try to take control of the Jedi, he and his faction. The Jedi were so unprepared for his rebellion, they didn’t want to believe. He took many of our youngest as hostages and had the council surrender authority to him.”

“They were prepared to negotiate, to buy time, but I knew they had nothing. I gathered those I could, Knights I trained, fellow Mandalorian Warriors, my wife and children. We assaulted the Jedi temple and met fierce resistance; many were killed on both sides and many innocents as well. My wife, youngest daughter and I found my brother. We tried to engage him but he was prepared, he used his mastery of the Force and the power of the darkside he killed my wife and daughter in front of me. I could do nothing before his onslaught I thought I faced death along with the rest of the Jedi so I surrendered my will completely over to the Force in hopes of stopping him. In that act of surrender I gained a new insight of the Force, no I had become the Force itself. I had the power to stop my brother, I could see the consequences of my every action and the effect they would have on the Galaxy. I knew what I had to do. I used the Force to remove its connection from my brother and all his followers, and then was going to become one with the Force.”

“My brother in a final act of vengeance decided that if he was going to lose so was I. He used his darkside powers and his own life to strip me of the Force. He died knowing that even with his death he would deny me the chance to see my youngest daughter ever again. The Jedi council was not pleased, many Jedi died because of what I had done to stop my brother; because it all happened at the academy they hid all knowledge of the event from the Republic lest they look weak. I lost the Force, and all my family on that day except for oldest daughter Pryc’ika which I could never communicate to again through the Force.”

It was hard for Kyan to face that day again, but he forced his sadness back so Galen could hopefully learn from it.

“When I became the Force itself I had in that moment the greatest understanding of everything that was and could be. I knew how the Force had no limits but the ones we place on ourselves, how it is our own indecisiveness that holds us back from obtaining our true potential. It was my own that let my brother strip me of the Force when I had the chance to stop him. But I saw what the Force was and whether this was crossing over into what you call the All, I don’t think anyone can answer. I do know it was my devotion to the Force that lead me to that point and when I gained the power to stop my brother or if I wanted to rule it with an iron fist. And it was the Force again that gave me the morality to wield that power correctly. I may not be able to understand the All completely, and how much mastery of the Force will translate into mastery of the All. I can only say that in my life the foundations of the Force helped shape me so when the time came to use such a power I was ready.”

After his lengthy explanation Kyan bowed his head and waited to see if Galen had any questions before he moved on to his possible glimpse of the Future.

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-19-2011 11:00 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was enough to make one's head spin.

Shaking my own, I rose and went to a little cabinet tucked against one bulkhead, and traded my caf for a bottle of something far, far stronger. Opening this with a flip of my thumb, I turned back to Terrin and plopped back down at the table again. The fingers of my empty hand started drumming a bit nervously upon it, an admittedly irritating staccato but something I found I simply couldn't help.

It helps me gather my thoughts, and fates alone knew there was enough of them whirling around in my head at the moment! Suddenly, a Beskalisk's extra set of hands seemed awfully attractive...

I forced my fingers to quit their tap-dancing long enough to take a steadying draught from the self-icing bottle, then slammed it down on the table.

"So... this daughter of Roan is in charge now, well at least on the world of the warriors, right? And it was there that you had an alliance... although now chances are more than fair to middlin' that said alliance is a moot point of long standing by now. And Graysith is or is not our friend -- and where the hell is she, anyway? -- and we THINK the world of, what, sorcerers? -- will be more, ummm... amenable to at least listening to us. But meanwhile these Sith are an entire frakking race of beings that have suddenly popped into the Galaxy from who the hell knows where! Has anyone bothered to really think about the implications in that?"

I paused in surprise as the words exploded from me. I honestly had no idea I was heading in the direction that I was; it was as if somewhere deep in my head everything suddenly clicked together.

Thank you, oh drummy-fingers...

I looked about the table.

"Ummm... does anyone think it a little bit serendipitous that while on one hand we seem to have some sort of really good idea that the Vong are coming back into our lives...

"...even as now these Sith have likewise popped up from the hinterlands? Whether it was due to Roan or whoever, to hear everyone talk, and going by what little I've observed, I'm more than a little bit nervous about this whole affair. I say we sneak in, get Matt, and run for the hills. I think we need a little breathing room, to really discover who our friends really are."

I paused a moment, drained the remnants of the bottle, and rose to my feet to go get another.

"Terrin, you've been on both worlds, right? Do you honestly think they're there to help us? Do you really think they'd give a womprat's hiney about what might or might not happen to us? What about their connection to that damned weird dark "other" place, what did we say they were? You know, where my ship got junked by those-- those--"

I shuddered to a momentary halt as once more I rummaged in the depths of the cabinet. This time I withdrew two bottles; returning to the table I offerred one to Terrin before reseating myself and flipping mine open. Taking another, slower, drink, I set the bottle carefully down.

"What about our Jedi whoosis back there, and your wife?" I asked. "You think they might actually have any chance at helping with whatever it is we're getting outselves into? I mean, these Sith must have some kind of hold or power or something; the only way I can think to have anyone's age advanced would be at the hands of the Kaminoans, and they don't just up and do that for a song, you know. There's something they had, or did, or threatened them with, something like that weird power Galen's sister is said to have maybe, and if that's the case then what the hell can we actually do at all? All the damned ships in the entire Galaxy wouldn't have enough power against the two combined!

"If they're in cahoots with the Vong, I'd say our goose is cooked."

[ 06-19-2011 11:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-19-2011 11:31 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin took a good drink of his refilled mug, resisting the urge to drink straight from the bottle. The way the conversation was headed, things were looking worse and worse.

"Yeah, the idea of the Vong and the Sith together in one galaxy is..."

He paused, frowning. "...well, there really isn't a word to describe what it is. On top of that, the Sith also have connections with the Darker Realms--where your ship was left in scrap. As for whether or not any of the Sith are going to listen to us or care about what happens to us one way or another..."

Pausing again, Terrin sighed and shrugged. "Unfortunatley I think it really depends on what good it'll do them to help out. The only one that I can state for fact has been consistently on our side is Phalomir...

...and that could simply be because he just hasn't had any reason to do otherwise yet. Graysith, well, she is on Bespin and Jasyn is trying to find her and get her back to K'eel Doba, so here's hoping she is on our side for at least the moment."

Taking another drink, Terrin's eyes defocused a bit. "As much as I'd like to run off and find a hidey-hole to stay away from all these Sith, they've managed to find us time and time again when we thought we were in the safest of places when they've wanted to. There's just no running away. And I know from experience all the big ships in the Universe won't protect us from whatever the Vong, the Realms, and the Sith could cook up together, but I also know that Galen has..."

Terrin froze mid-sentence even as something dawned on him. His blue eyes seemingly turned several shades darker in a matter of an instant. "Oh kriffing hell." He closed his eyes, shaking his head. "JhinDarra's on the Hornett, and she's headed right for the Sith worlds."

--------------------

~~Galen

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-20-2011 12:19 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I snorted a little at this.

"Well then, I suggest you contact your ship. Seems you've got a pretty good reason to make certain nothing happens to it, right?"

I raised my bottle in salute before finishing it in one long gulp. Then I rose and went to retrieve another.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-20-2011 09:47 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin drank the last swallow of the drink in his mug, then nodded once in agreement as Yaoksi returned to the table with another bottle and filled up his glass. Pursing his lips, Terrin thought for a moment, considering what directions he should give to Aaron to relay to navigation.

"Hey," he then said to Yaoksi, "Could I use your navcomputer for a few to pull up some maps and get a safer location for the Hornett to lurk, not so close to the Sith Worlds yet close enough to call for back-up and to use as a home base if needed?"

--------------------

~~Galen

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-20-2011 11:49 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I knelt there in silence for a bit, just letting my head spin with all Kyan had just divulged to me. Yet somehow, for some reason I couldn't even begin to fathom, his lengthy story seemed somehow...

Partial.

Like it was half of a whole something or other, maybe more, possibly less. But what was to him the end-all of his own life's experience...

I couldn't help but gasp.

That was it.

It was all about one's life's experience, wasn't it? All the power, all the worry, all what was right and what was wrong; everything he had told me...

Even his self-admitted removal from the Force, no matter how it happened...

Based from his own life's experience. His own viewpoint. And somehow, I felt that the major difference between his Force and this thing called the All was that while his adhered to his viewpoint, followed whichever way he chose to act or behave, whether good or bad...

Whatever THAT meant! I couldn't help but surprise myself with the thought.

... this All thing WAS the very life from which all experiences flowed.

I opened my mouth, tried to say all of this without sounding utterly stupid. Found to my chagrin that I couldn't.

I would sound like an idiot, for with this train of thought I'm saying the Force is exactly opposite of what he and all the Jedi throughout history have considered it.

Life.

And it's only a small part of it, a personal part...

I gulped, bowed my head, sat back on my heels.

"Pleae, my Master. Continue," was all I could muster up the words to say.

[ 06-20-2011 11:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-20-2011 11:56 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Feel free," I replied, waving a hand toward a nearby computer console. Then I settled more comfortably in my seat, my head still whirling, and addressed with even greater fervor the bottle I was holding.

[ 06-21-2011 12:01 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 06-21-2011 02:09 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Before Terrin could get at the console Link imposed herself in his path.

“Let me guess you’re going to have the Eagle camp out one system over from the Sith?” asked Link. “I can tell you already that is a big mistake. I’ve been on more wanted list and had more bounties on my head to know how to sneak into and out of planets.”

Link took her cup of caf from the table and took a quick swig before continuing.

“Remember that the Sith not too long ago repelled a blockade by the Empire,” Link stated. “If they didn’t improve relations with the Empire where do you think the Empire will stick a fleet to retake the system or at the very least a scout ship. I’d wager the next closest system, and what will you think they do if a SSD appears out on nowhere.”

“Another thing to consider is if we need the Eagle and the Sith find out we summoned it, where do you think they will deploy their own ships?” Link asked. “Wouldn’t they do so along hyperspace routes from the nearby star systems and the own route we took.”

Link turned on the console behind her and pulled up the system map for their destination.

“If you want the Eagle to be a surprise when it shows up then have it jump to either here or here.”

Link indicated to points in space each about one light-week above or below the orbital plane of the system.

“From there they should be out of all known sensor ranges and even visible light would take well over a week to reach the planet,” Link explained. “No one actually expects for someone to jump in from deep space especially from above the orbital plane since it means a longer jump to do so in the first place. And the Eagle is just one micro jump away if we need it.”

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 06-21-2011 02:27 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan sensed Galen’s doubts, and likewise he knew Galen sensed his own. The idea that the Force was not all Kyan believed it was disturbed him yet he felt, he knew what Galen said about the Force and the All was true.

Gal’ika I’ve said before how the future is always in motion,” said Kyan. “Even when the Force is used to peer into the future what one sees might never come to pass. So for me to tell you what your future holds is about the same as saying your daughter will grow up to become a sarlac.”

Kyan could see the puzzlement coming from Galen as is he could not deliver on his own promise.

“There is another way though that I learned in my exile,” stated Kyan. “One of those other disciplines that draws power from something other than the Force know of a technique called flow walking. It allows someone to physically travel into the past or the future to view events or even fix a certain future in place. I also learned from the same people that I was only cut off from my own Force powers, if a link exists between two people I can manipulate their abilities like my own. When you touched the All on and the powers returned that link was established between us whether by proximity or master apprentice relationship it doesn’t matter either way. Point being I believe if you let me I might be able to tap your raw power to flow walk us into your own future, to the point it time I saw you when you had fully mastered your own powers.”

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-21-2011 01:20 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now that little revelation got me to pondering...

Big time.

Do I want to know? The words popped into my head without the slightest bit of hesitation, all in a rush. I let them mill around for a moment or two, wondering why I was waffling when in reality it was truer to my nature to jump in directly with both feet. Then I remembered something dad had told Jharmeen and I when we were but younglings:

Do not seek great power, girls. For with it comes the even greater burden of ownership responsibility. Great power is like dealing with a wild beast: it can become easily manhandled when trying to tame it. And once leashed, you can never let go the end.

My surroundings grew soft and fuzzy as I considered further, even though somewhere deep inside me I had my doubts that I was destined to be the recipient of said powers. But if Kyan was right about this--

Do I really want to know?

It's scary, being presented with the option to face what could be one's inner demons as they come looming out of your psyche, for who in Hell's Seven Circles actually knew how I'd react if indeed I turned into some big whiz-bang Jedi Master or whatever. And combine that with the power Sissypoops carried, which I had a sneaky feeling was lurking somewhere deep inside me as well, waiting to be uncaged...

And the possibilities were even worse if I didn't turn all big and bad and dark and power-crazy.

Do I want to know?

What did Kyan say, that the future is fluid, always in motion, not set in stone? Fine n' dandy then; so after I would be given this great insight, what do I do? Spend the rest of my life second-guessing myself? Wondering if I should turn right here instead of left, if I should do this or refrain from that? Which of the myriad, flowing, intertwining roads leading to the future would I have to travel in order to ascertain that I remained true to myself?

At least to the "myself" that I was at the current time.

My eyes widened as another thought hit home: who was to say which of my "second-guess based future actions" would or would not be those leading to that which at this moment I knew I would detest? Who knew what would be going through my head, my gut, as time flowed on and this power or whatever grew in strength, and I more facile in it's deployment?

It was enough to give me the shivers. But--

Damn you, Kyan. I DO want to know!

I re-focused on his quiet form, drawing strength from his seeming aplomb. Kneeling back on my heels, I laced my hands in my lap.

"Yes, Master. Please," I mustered in the smallest of whispers.

Then waited.

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-21-2011 01:28 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Thanks," Terrin responded to Yaoksi with a grateful nod. Without further ado then he stood and headed for the cabin. He took several minutes to look through galaxy maps, and although the navcomputer certainly did not have any of the Sith Worlds on its charts Terrin knew the coordinates. He eventually came upon a decision as to the best location to redirect the Hornett, both for Darra's safety and for the good of Eagle Enterprises.

He keyed Aaron's frequency into his wristcomm, cringing as he realized this meant that he was yet again requesting his partner to relocate not only his ship but one of their primary bases of operation. Nevertheless, he reminded himself the Hornett was his ship, and EE would continue business in a wealth of locations regardless of the ship's location.

And Terrin had a feeling Aaron was going to like the Hornett's new destination.

In only a few more mintues, after a brief yet positive discussion with Aaron, the ship's destination was easily rerouted to Bakura, a planet far enough in the Outer Rim that help wouldn't be long coming yet far enough away from the Sith worlds that Darra wouldn't be in the direct line of danger.

And all that aside, Bakura was noted for production and export of repulsorlift coils and strategic metals, both of which had significant value to EE.

Satisfied with knowing the Hornett was rerouted, Terrin headed back to the galley where Yaoksi and Link still sat, the former still partaking of drink.

"Done," Terrin said simply, regaining his seat and pouring himself another drink from the bottle that awaited him on the table. He took a sip, savoring it a bit, then quirked a brow, suddenly curious about something. "When exactly is our ETA anyway?"

(((OCC: I really didn't see any point in actually "writing out" the conversation between Terrin and Aaron since they are both of my characters. If the mods think otherwise, I'll gladly edit. Otherwise, I'll copy and post a portion of this post to the EE thread so there is no confusion as to the Hornett's location.)))

[ 06-21-2011 01:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-21-2011 05:34 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I pushed back from the table a bit, allowing myself room enough to cross my legs.

"About another day, give or take," I replied, and took another, smaller sip from the bottle I yet held. Before setting it back on the table I held it to the light, peering into it's amber depths, marveling at the play of light off of the golden liquid inside.

"So Terrin," I went on. "Where did you send your ship? Link had some good advice; did you take advantage of it?"

I paused a moment then let my chair slam back down on four legs again.

"Speaking of good advice, I believe we're going to have to rely on your expertise, Link." I gave her a quick wink. "It sounds as if you've had experience sneaking in and out of places; what recommendations do you have about getting into the city, through it, and finding wherever in all the universe it is that they're holding Matt?"

A breath of air puffed my cheeks; our little mission was beginning to sound more and more like a fool's errand to me.

"However, I think we can scan the planet and look for human lifesigns, so at least we can locate where he's actually being held. Or a good approximation; there can't be any other humans there, could there be?"

[ 06-21-2011 05:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 06-22-2011 12:38 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan rose and sealed the hatchway that lead out of the cargo bay, he knew the dangers of flow walking and did not want the others to be caught in a situation they couldn’t handle. Confident that the others could not disturb them he sat back down in front of Galen.

“When I flow walk us it is important that you stay beside me at all times regardless of what happens,” Kyan warned. “If we are separated or I lose control you might be stuck or lost in the flow, and since I’m using your powers to do so even I can’t predict what might happen. Remember that while the future is fluid flow walking reveals the most likely outcome and no matter what we see there may be no way to change it.”

Kyan removed his gloves and set them aside and held his open hands out to Galen.

“When you are ready Gal’ika,” instructed Kyan. “Calm your mind like I taught you earlier, so that I can flow walk us.”

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 06-22-2011 12:55 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link shook her head at Yaoksi’s suggestion that she help formulate the rescue plan.

“Sneaking a ship into the system is the easy part,” said Link. “To rescue Terrin’s man I can only see two approaches and they aren’t good ones. Either we confront them with the knowledge that they are holding him and negotiate or barter his freedom. The other is have the Eagle jump in all guns blazing and use a show of force to make them give Matt back.”

Link leaned back and took another sip of her caf.

“I’ve actually given this some thought,” continued Link. “And if I were to approach this as one of my hired jobs I could get into the system and maybe landed on the planet itself, but from there I would have nowhere to go. I don’t know where Matt is, and since the Sith don’t use technology like we do there is nothing to slice. I can’t con the information I need since the Sith are to different from our civilization and their values are different. Sneaking around won’t do as well, without knowledge of how Sith civilization operate I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a prison, or a hospital, or the local Sith Magik Emporium. And being a planet entirely of Sith humans tend to stand out, and a white fluffy Ryn even more so.”

Link set her mug on the table and leaned forward resting her elbows on the table and chin in her hands.

“As a professional in my trade at slicing, coning, stealing, and sneaking I can tell you this,” said Link. “If you offered me this job and once I analyzed it I would reject it, suggest you hire a mercenary army to invade, and then charge you an exorbitant consulting fee.”

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e