my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Where Will You Go (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Where Will You Go
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-20-2009 06:15 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan had hoped the saber exercises would help keep him occupied, but as he continued his thought drifted back to his granddaughter. Without the Force how could he bring her back, truth be told the Force didn't save his family before and now all he had left was Kani.

What am I going to do Kan'ika, what can I do.

Extinguishing his lightsaber Kyan donned his armor along with his helmet. As it stood right now he didn't want anyone to see his face as it was right now for he could barely contain his anger, and his grief. With everything in place he headed back to the cockpit only to see it was devoid of all passengers. With a small ship like this it only took a few moments to find the rest of the crew all gathered in the galley. At his entrance all conversation ground to a halt as they all stared in his direction until he sat at the table where the others had gathered. It was a response he was use to even during his time among the Jedi, most people felt uncomfortable around someone in Mandalorian armor. And while he couldn't blame them he felt as if Galen was extremely unsettled with his armor. With an exagerated motion he swung his T visor in Galen's direction so they would know he was addressing her.

"I'm not the first person who you knew that wore Mandalorian armor," said Kyan. "Am I Gal'ya"

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 24.177.29.110
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-28-2009 09:23 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't help it; I blinked, my jaw opening slightly at the non sequiteur being injected so smoothly into our discussion regarding Sorben.

Just as smoothly as the manner in which he so suddenly joined us here! Hell's Seven Circles, he's as good as Sorben is about that kind of thing!

Now my mouth closed on a swallow, as that final mental exclamation opened the door to other memories, which then came swarming into my mind in one great, overpowering rush. Memories of Sorben, of the day I met him, clad head to toe in that armor of his which we had just been discussing, of the first day I had ever seen him sans said armor.

Oh, those blue eyes of his! Those wonderful baby blues, just like Darra's...

And Terrin's.

I shook my head slightly, now getting somewhat annoyed with myself. You'd think that after all this time I would be able to put behind me all that Sorben and I once were, what we had. Especially since for the most part we were now enemies to each other, genteel or no.

But strangely enough, that latter conviction seemed to be a mighty weak one.

Ok, dammit. I still felt for him. Face it Galen; the loss of first loves are the hardest to recover from, aren't they?

I swallowed again, searching for words. Not really finding any, but feeling that maybe I really ought to say something, if only for Terrin's sake, I set my lips in a tiny, faintly sad sort of smile.

"No, you're not," I said, the words bouncing off the tabletop toward which they had been directed. Then I raised my head and stared Kyan straight into that enigmatic T-visor which obscured his features.

"Why do you wish to know?"

[ 12-28-2009 09:27 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 12-29-2009 02:53 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A deeply set, and really annoying shoulder beastie tried with every amount of effort to burst forward from where it had been buried, all but completely forgotten, in Terrin's mind. For although she was really rather talented in hiding it, Terrin would have to be blind to not at least sense some of her upwelling emotion in response to Kyan's appearance in full Mandalorian armor...

...let alone at the emotions in response to his query.

Kriffing hell, why did the guy feel like he needed to parade around the ship in full armor anyway? Unless of course, he is just so used to being in full armor that he feels vulnerable without it, came a rather obvious conclusion.

Terrin shifted his gaze to regard Galen as she responded to Kyan's question, pushing his thoughts regarding Kyan's need to appear in full armor to the side to focus his attention on her once more. That shoulder devil tried to work its way to the forefront of his mind again...

...but surprisingly did not succeed. Something else gained his attention instead, something he read deeply in Galen's eyes whether either he or she were aware of it or not.

Hey idiot, she's aware of how you are responding to Kyan's question, and especially of your response to her response to it. Do something. This has to be making her feel uncomfortable.

Quietly, smoothly, Terrin reached out a hand and wrapped it gently around one of hers in silent support.

All bygone days left behind, all past and present feelings aside, he wanted Galen to know he was there for her...

[ 12-29-2009 04:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-30-2009 10:09 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Galen's answer was the one he was expecting but not the method of her delivery.

I wasn't expecting she would have been guilted by my question. With her strength of spirit I would see why she might have been attracted to a Mandalorian or the life we lead.

"It's just something we Mando's keep a lookout for," Kyan answered. "Among the aruetiise we keep on eye out for orphans of war or even adults that have a certain ge'verd someone who is a warrior in spirit but doesn't know it yet. Often times we adopt them and teach them what it means to be Mando'a, thats how I met my first child Prud'ika."

Kyan noted how the others where still unsettled perhaps even more so by his explanation, but what could he do they where aruetiise and he was Mando'a. They didn't know about his way of life so he could hardly blame them, maybe all they needed to see was Mandalorians still feel pain like any of them.

Kyan released the pressure seals on his helmet then removed it placing it on the table.

"Gal'ya," Kyan began. "I don't know what or if the other Mandalorian did anything to you, but we are not all like him. To aruetiise we may seem like bloodthirsty savages and mercs. I have never seen another people like the Mandalorian's who after a war will go throught the battlefield and find the children our enemies can no longer care for and take the as our own sons and daughters because to use bloodlines do not matter. Whatever he did I'm sorry because you would have made a great Mandalorian."

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 96.36.98.206
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-30-2009 01:04 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I blinked, unable to control my surprise when I first viewed the man behind the armor. His face might have been seared and timeworn, his hair white as the driven snow, but Kyan's eyes were anything BUT aged. The fire in them was almost an oxymoron to his physical appearance; my but how appearances can be so deceiving...

Remember how you felt when Sorben first removed his helmet--?

An involuntary shiver rippled through me as once again my attention was drawn inward. Then Terrin's grip on my hand brought me round; I shoved back the memories of Sorben as best I could and looked straight into the crystal clarity of Kyan's eyes.

"He-- he wasn't Mandalorian," I began a bit slowly, wondering just how much I should reveal to our new comrade. I mean, was it really and truly necessary that he know of everything that had transpired between Sorben and me?

But then I thought about it. Here Kyan had come, spankin' brand new to us, and had thrown in his lot with the uncertainty of our collective future. The man deserved to know everything...

...if only for the fact that for some odd reason I didn't want him to think I felt badly about any of his people.

"He was human, and the best Bounty Hunter the Hunter's Guild ever turned out. He also happened to be my first love. In fact, we were briefly married; our daughter Jhin'Darra is back aboard Hornett."

I paused again, and shot Terrin a trembling glance. He seemed to nod, to give me support to continue.

Oh what the hell. In for a credit...

I straightened in my seat.

"His name was -- er, I mean is, Sorben Tarnus."

[ 12-30-2009 01:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-30-2009 09:40 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"So not a Mandalorian," Said Kyan. "He must fight like one for the others to let him wear our armor. Or perhaps he is one and doesn't know it. Tarnus... sounds similar to Tor'lus if it was spoken with a mando'a accent.

There is now possible way that Mandalore Tor'lus would have adopted another child, true he left 40 years ago to be a merc again after he decided he hated being Mandalore. Then again stranger things do happen.

Kyan sat for a few moments in silence like everyone else as awkward silence fell upon the room. But Mandalorians had a tendency to do that provided they where the only Mandalorian in the room. He tried to think of a way to break the ice, but little came to him for from what he knew about them he had little in common. They where buisness people or adventures, he was a warrior and a Jedi. Galen might have a heart of a warrior but he sensed little of that from the others. But one thing he did know they had in common was family even if he had little of it left.

"Gal'ya," Kyan said. "I know to you this may be something your people do not share, but to us Mandalorians there is nothing greater then our families, and fighting side by side with them on the battlefield. That is why we are so open with our thought and emotions because we live our lives proud of everything we do and never holding anything back because we know full well with the life we live we may die young. So please tell me about Jhin'ika ."

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 96.36.98.206
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-30-2009 10:25 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now, that hit a nerve.

I gripped Terrin's hand with vice-like strength in gut-reaction to the innocence of Kyan's question.

Fighting side-by-side, the importance of family. Ye gods, how many times did I save Sorben from this bad guy or that? How often did he come swooping in like the veritable cavalry, returning the favor? Sorben... Darra's biological father.

Darra... dear sweet Darra, who didn't have the pleasure of growing up, of a childhood, of knowing a father until so abruptly being introduced to Terrin. Oh ye gods, where to begin?

By getting yourself under control, Galen, that's what...

I drew in another breath, concentrating as another thought struck. I mean, this guy must have been out in some serious boondocks if he didn't know who Sorben Tarnus was. Perhaps he wasn't quite aware yet of our battle plans; perhaps we needed to be filling him in on this. But in the meantime...

"Darra is, umm, ahh... sixteen years old now," I fumbled, wincing inwardly at how obviously it appeared that I did not know my own daughter. But what to tell this man? Would he believe the fantastic description of her young life? How she was born to be... something, something special, someone maybe possessing that awesome power held by Sissypoops and which occasionally burst from me? How ever since she first hit life this baddie or that was hot on her trail, eager to possess her...

How she was taken by a Sith to Kamino to be advanced in age?

Unknowing, I shook my head. It all sounded, well... crazy, to tell the truth. I looked up into Kyan's eyes; they were clear, honest, expecting equal honesty from me.

So Hell's Seven Circles, I told him everything. Everything; from when Sissy first entered into that cave only to emerge as this Graysith, to kill our archeologist father and leave me for dead. On to how I found the Sith ship in that little cavern, how I figured out how to fly her, how I took off hot on her heels, determined to bring her to justice. How I met Sorben and K'kihl even as they were being pursued by Darth Wicked, how I snatched them from the very jaws of death. Our various adventures, Sorben's and mine.

How our love budded, grew into something fine and wonderful and good. How I found out I was carrying Darra. All the times this baddie or that chased me, hunted me, trapped and imprisoned me: Gravin Dark, Desolist, Wicked and Actar. How I left Sorben for fear his life would be compromised by me, for everyone in the universe seemed to want me and my child. How I met Terrin. The horrible acts perpetrated on me by the even more horrible Ankrist Roan, in which Darra was taken from my body to...

To I knew not where. But how we hunted and hunted for her, finding her; how Sorben suddenly went from Top Gun Bounty Hunter to third in command of the Empire. How he appeared on Sol Varek to assassinate me and Darra. Roan taking her from me, taking her to Kamino.

Then she just... disappeared. Until we found her again, now an adolescent, having lived as royalty with a race of beings the Galaxy hadn't a clue existed.

And so on.

It took quite awhile, but I finally wound down. Only then did I realize Terrin's fingers were turning white; I gasped and shot him a rueful grin, loosening my grip on his hand to then start massaging life back into it.

"I love my daughter very much, even though I really haven't had a chance to get to know her much," I ended, and finally fell into the silence of a person totally spent.

[ 12-30-2009 10:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-31-2009 01:49 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan was taken aback by the wealth of information thrown at him, not that he didn't believe any of it because he did. Keeping an open mind to everything Galen said he listen intently knowing that no matter how far fetched it seemed it was possible, he had seen plenty of unusual things as a Jedi master and even stranger still as a Mandalorian.

My own aruetii'vod brother turned dark Jedi kills my wife and youngest daughter, I killed him, then he stripped me of the Force. What Gal'ya said is the truth.

After Galen had finished Kyan didn't know what to say... or what to do.

Gal'ya has led a very difficult life and to come through it and remain so sane and not corrupted is a miracle in its self, maybe the Force put us all here for a reason. Truth be told I can't rebuild the Jedi, it is not my path, but Gal'ya. She has the spirit, charisma, and since her sister has such affinity that means she must as well.

"I don't know how to follow that," said Kyan. "Other then to say... thank you for sharing that with me. And to offer this, if you ever need anything of me or ever want to know about my life or about the Mandalorians you have but to ask. Aside from that I also offer you this but let me explain first."

Kyan tried to arrange his thoughts but could find no correct order to do so to explain what he was thinking so he decided to accept that Galen was smart enough to derive the meaning in what he could only assume would come out as speculation and rambling.

"Gal'ya," Kyan began. "I know that right now all of us are cut off from the Force and even when it is restored, which I believe it will, I will still be unable to use it. There are very few Jedi left and that make Force sensitives Like Erik, your daughter, and even you targets because someone like a dark Jedi could use your powers. I don't know much about the Sith beyond what fragmented Jedi history I happen to have read, and only the Force knows if the vongese are on their way. That said I know the Living Force wanted our paths to cross for some reason that I can't explain, so my offer is this. If you want it I can train you to use the Force, and become a Jedi so you can protect your family and if you want I can teach your daughter as well. You do not have to answer me right now just think about it and decide if this is what the Living Force wants for you and will you listen to it if it is."

[ 12-31-2009 01:50 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kyan Jetiis'ad ]

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-31-2009 04:25 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now it was my turn to be taken aback. Raising my hands, I fisted them, planted them against my mouth as if in the attempt to hide the surprise rushing through me. But yet, after some consideration, I was finding pearls of value in the words spoken by the Mandalorian, even though my initial reaction was more along the lines of, "who, me?!"

He did make sense... really. I mean, yeah, while on the one hand I never once in my life thought myself anything remotely close to being Force sensitive, there was the little fact of my hunches. Those weird feelings I've always gotten, visceral suggestions to jog left when I had been planning on going right, the little niggles telling me when to jump, and in what direction, and how high. Or when to hunker low.

Maybe that's because whatever the jedi call "the Force," it's in me, a little. Maybe that's why that when that whatever it was that changed Jharmeen, it might have done a little something to me, too.

That there was something more than I thought going on in the more metaphysical aspects of my being simply could not be denied, its possibility only being even more justified as memories of my assistance in placing an entire damned planet in that weirdness Sissy called The Elseness popped into my head.

There must be something in me, there has to be. And sheesh, maybe Darra, too. I mean, she was there too, wasn't she--?

I shook my head, not in negation against Kyan's suggestion, but more in defeat against the tiny mental defenses I had unconsciously raised.

If anything else, perhaps learning some of that Jedi mumbo-jumbo might help me be more able to control that, that-- whatever in Hell's Seven Circles it is that got Sissy and touched me.

Sure as there's Treasure on Roon!

I let out a little sigh, smiled a bit.

"Why-- umm, yeah, that would be great. If everyone's powers come back, I could use a little training in maybe controlling some of the weirdness that has had a tendency to pop up in me over time."

I left it at that. If and when the Universe was restored to normalcy and Kyan harbored any questions concerning that somewhat oblique statement, then he could ask about it then. If the current status quo remained thus, well...

Well, then it really didn't matter then, did it?

I smiled more broadly, then leaned toward him, emboldened by a kind offerring he had just made me.

"Tell me, please," I began, changing the subject on the table to one a little less personal. "Tell me about Mandalore, and your culture. I've not heard diddly squat about it, other than your armor is the best there is in the entire galaxy! How did you develop it?"

And how could a human being come by a set of it? came the unvoiced query on the heels of that question.

[ 12-31-2009 04:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-31-2009 08:04 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan accepted Galen's answer true even with both of them equally Force blind at the moment he could do very little to teach her of the Force right now so when the Force was returned to them he would be there.

At least Gal'ya is willing to listen to the Force, who knows what power she will be able to wield in th e future.

"It's not as if we try to hid our culture," replied Kyan. "We just don't keep much written records of it because we change very little. As a culture we have been around for the last 7000 or so years, our language, way of life has remained almost unchanged through out that time. What we adhere to most is Resol'Nare."

"Ba'jur, beskar'gam,
Ara'nov, aliit,
Mando'a bal Mand'alor—
An vencuyan mhi
."

"In basic it translates to this.
Education and armor,
Self-defense, our tribe,
Our language, our leader—
All help us survive."

"Ba'jur Education, we teach our children how to be Mandalorians. beskar'gam Armor, the body is but a shell, our soul is forever tied to the armor we all wear. Are'nov Self-defense, we teach our children how to fight. aliit our tribe, we look out for not only the needs of our own family but our own community. Mando'a our language, we teach our children [i]mando'a the language of our people. Bal Mand'alore Our leader, When Mandalore calls us to fight all his children gather to him. An vencuyan mhi All help us survive, we all fight we all raise the children we all help each other; we have no need for one person to take on everything for themselves that is why our language has no work for hero, because anyone who does anything less then what you call a hero is not a Mandalorian."

Kyan noticed only then how he was leaning over the table and how he could hear the echo though out the ship of how he spoke with such pride about his people. Toning it down a notch he settled back into his chair.

"As for our beskar'gam our armor," Kyan continued. "True beskar'gam is made from beskar or Mandalorian Iron, a metal that can deflect blaster bolts and even resist lightsabers, that is only found on Mandalore. Cheap imitations are made from Durasteel, though significantly lighter is offers far less protection. My armor was made using the armor my father wore and some of the armor my mother wore as well, since the body is but a shell we wear pieces of the armor of our fallen loved ones so that they may live on forever with us. We don't sell armor to aruetiise non Mandalorians, because non of us would ever be willing to part with our armor and from the scarcity of beskar and the possibility of it being used against us. So for the only way to get true Mandalorian armor one would have to become one of us, or kill one of us."

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 24.177.29.110
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-31-2009 10:01 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was as if the man had read my mind.

I turned my head, stared off into a place hanging in the air just behind his left shoulder, and brooded.

Sorben always had that Mandalorian armor. He took such... such pride in it; I remember it was all I could do to get him to remove that helmet, even after we had come to be what others might term as an "item." So, how in Hell's Seven Circles had he come by it? I knew he was a damned good Hunter, but for him to kill other than in self-defense...?

I couldn't see it. But it made even less sense for him to have come by it in a manner more culturally natural in the Mandalorian society. A society whose mores, I might add, I was beginning to highly approve of.

"We are going to need you, if what we suspect about the Vong turns out to be true," I finally said, not mentioning anything else about Sorben and the armor for, though for some reason it was terribly important for me to get to the source of that particular little secret, I didn't feel it necessary to address it further to Kyan.

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-31-2009 11:12 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin just sat quietly, taking in all the information being passed back and forth with keen interest, from Galen's revelations concerning all she had been through, to Kyan's offer to her, to her acceptance--

Good! He knew she had something deeply within her and was glad that she wanted to take the opportunity and hone in on it. Not to mention getting Darra some training for skills that she really hadn't had an opportunity to use was a good thing.

--to Kyan's description of the Mandalore and their culture. Now he nodded in agreement with Galen's final statement.

"Yes, we are going to need you very much," Terrin reiterated, if only to assure everyone that he was still listening. Considering his undeniable character and integrity, Terrin wondered how anyone could strip him of the Force so permenatly as Kyan seemed to be implying had been done to him.

But then, Someone or Something had apparently done the same to everyone else with any sort of powers as well, came a mental addendum.

Leaving that thought behind for the moment, Terrin's attentions focused more on all that he knew of Kyan thusfar, even more so since he'd seen him speak of his people with such pride.

Not to mention how he'd spoken of their devotion to family ties.

"If there is anything you need in return, please let us know," he then said, his words completely sincere.

[ 12-31-2009 11:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 01-01-2010 05:17 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan thought about their offer, if there was anything he needed.

I have no leads on where I can find Kan'ika, and right now with a complete lack of Force abilities and the threat of invasion by the vongese what the galaxy needs more then a Jedi Master is a Mandalorian super commando. For that I will need my old kit.

Kyan returned his helmet to its rightful place double checking the pressure seals and all systems on the armor, his little ritual. Maybe now that Galen and the others knew that the mask was his true face they would be less disturbed by his constant wearing of his armor, his soul.

“There is one thing you could do for me Gal'ya,” said Kyan. “It doesn't have to be right now but whenever the opportunity arises.”

Kyan withdrew his holopad from his armor and pulled up a map of a system he was fairly sure they had never visited before. He zoomed in on one of the planets to a forest 100km out from one of its smaller cities.

“After I was stripped of the Force I left some of my old kit behind and hiddern in case I ever came back from trying to recover my abilities.” Kyan continued. “This is Concord Dawn, and it lies in the Mandalorian sector in the outer rim near the Hydian Way trade route. Hidden in the forest I left a cargo container with whatever equipment I didn't leave with my daughter Prud'ika. Under normal circumstances one does not need landing permits to go to Concord Dawn to retrieve the container and bring it back, however I left Ven'ika as a guard and it will kill anyone on sight who tries to approach the container except from myself and Prud'ika if she was still alive. So anytime we are near Concord Dawn I would like to swing by to retrieve the container and Ven'ika if it's still alive.

[ 01-01-2010 05:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kyan Jetiis'ad ]

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-03-2010 12:41 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I nodded, reaching out to lay a hand on his forearm as I instinctively responded.

"Of course we'll do this for you," I replied, nevermind the little fact that at the moment we were in Captain Yaoksi's ship, not one owned by either Terrin, me, or our company. I stared earnestly into Kyan's eyes.

"Should we divert to retrieve this kit before we get to the our destination?" I questioned further. "I mean, is this something you think you may be needing for-- for, well...

"To use against whatever it is we might find ourselves up against?"

I screwed my nose up at the blatant uncertainty that flooded that statement. But then, it was also simple truth. We, as a matter of fact, really had no idea of what lay along the path we were treading...

Which once again made me even more grateful to those who had so selflessly thrown in their lot with us.

--------------------

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 01-03-2010 02:07 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan leaned back into the chair weighting the merits of either decision.

We don't know when the Force will be restored so the kit might be essential sooner then we think, but if the Force is restored there's Erik to worry about. True he can't do much now, but he is in a situation he could easily be corrupted. As it stands I don't know of any Jedi that could stop a dark Jedi if one turned up. No the kit can wait until later, we can't divert when we have possible leads to Erik's whereabouts.

"We can get the kit later," answered Kyan. "Finding Erik I feel is more important Gal'ya. Besides it is mostly a box of weapons, equipment, armor, creds; something any Mandalorian has stashed away just in case we have to start a small war. Ven'ika has been guarding it for the past 25 years it wont mind doing so for a little longer if it has to."

Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 01-04-2010 09:51 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"All right, then."

I pulled away a bit from the bulkhead against which I was leaning as everyone seemed to take momentary pause in planning our strategy. After that pause stretched out a tad bit too long for comfort, I approached the table, coming in beside Kyan and placing a palm upon it. Leaning in, I addressed the group.

"Does anyone know of a hunter we can contact, to get the ball rolling on Erik?" I asked, giving my fingers a little one-two-three drum upon the surface beneath them. "I mean, it looks as though we're going to be concentrating all our efforts on Sorben; that does still leave Erik as a loose cannon which most definitely needs battening down. And--"

I cast another look around the table.

"Where exactly did we leave things, as far as our final destination? I am still on course to the Sith worlds. Where exactly do you want me to head off to now; Tatooine, umm... this Ambria, which although being a fairly unhealthy spot to end up in might be another logical place where Tarnus might head...

"Or do you have something else in mind?"

[ 01-04-2010 09:52 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-10-2010 09:02 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well, we did talk about maybe checking on how trade traffic was flowing in and out of Tatooine or the other planet that Link's search pulled up to see if there might possibly be some blockade there," Terrin thought aloud. "Otherwise, I agree that of all places, Ambria does seem to be the most logical destination...

...and I do know the coordinates."

Terrin paused, his eyes defocusing slightly as memories briefly flashed in his minds eye. Then he shook his head slightly, refocusing on the topic at hand. "Of course, somewhere along the way we discussed maybe getting Sorben's armor back before heading towards where he might be or at least towards any Imperial destination so that we had some sort of proof should we need it."

Terrin paused, chwwing his lip thoughtfully. "It's not a bad idea, but it'll take time that we may not have. I'd think of all those places, Tarnus would have the most success getting back to the Imperials via Ambria."

Quieting a moment, Terrin considered the other portion of Yaoksi's question. "As for a Hunter to pursue Kartan, you have some connections to the Guild World," Terrin said to Galen, crooking a brow slightly. "Or maybe Link has something in mind?"

--------------------

~~Galen

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-13-2010 10:41 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link felt if everyone was looking to her for some more technical wizardry, but she could think of little to offer them with her current equipment so limited there was little she had to offer.

"I spent most of my time running from bounty hunters not hiring them," said Link. "And I never said that Tarnus was at those locations only that a message with a high level of encryption was sent from a holonet relay near Khar Delba; and another relay that could put the message from Tatooine, Rishi, or Ryloth. I don't know where Ambria is so it might be a possible location."

Link paused for a moment while she stared down at her left hand curling it into a fist and uncurling it.

I don't think I'll ever get use to this thing. One moment I can feel its metallic cold weight where it connects to my shoulder, the next it feels as natural as my own arm.

"I might be able to do something but its not pretty," said Link. "I don't know the final destination of the message but I have the last relay it was sent to. If we drop out of hyperspace we could send out a message on all Imperial military channels, unencrypted, and ask about Tarnus. It will give away our position but provided we don't drop out on an interdictor we should be able to jump again if we run into trouble. I could set it up in a few minutes if you think Tarnus would respond?"

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 96.10.58.64
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 01-14-2010 09:37 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I dunno."

My brow furrowed as I thought of the implications in Link's suggestion. I mean, yeah, it might give us a lead as to exactly where Tarnus was... assuming, of course, that the Sith hadn't been lying to us to begin with. If he had been lying, then the General was still held captive; getting him sprung, whether by hook or by crook, would go a long way toward endearing him to our cause. Or toward maybe getting him to at least listen to us.

But... Ahh yes, there's always a "but." But, if on the other hand the Sith hadn't been lying, that would mean that Tarnus had escaped, and had possibly contacted his own. And if we popped up out of nowhere asking questions as to his whereabouts, there was no real guarantee they would give us an honest answer. If he was with them, chances are this had already been made known, and would lead to too many nosy questions as to why we were asking such a thing. If he wasn't, then just by asking of his whereabouts would more than likely make them button up like an over-fed Sarlacc.

All it would gain us was a possibility of some sort of answer we could really use, and a very low possibility to boot. And it just might put them on guard, knowing there was someone out there asking questions that they should already know the answer to. Unless, of course, they had kept their mouthes shut about his capture; fates know they can't look weak in front of the plebes.

And truth be known, I didn't trust the Impys to play fair with their own, let alone anyone else.

I spoke up, laying my thoughts out for all to read. They fell out of my mouth like a mass of worms, all wriggly and convoluted and enough to make my head spin.

"Aw, hell; maybe just continuing on to the Sith world and either springing Tarnus, if he's there, or seeing if his armor is still there and then, ahh... appropriating it, would be more useful? I mean, Galen, how much pull do you still have with this guy?

"Do you think we should try this, or head off to where we think he might be, or try Link's plan?"

[ 01-14-2010 09:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-14-2010 09:59 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I drummed my fingers on the table, considering, my own brow wrinkling in a frown to match Captain Joao's. Khaandon, but somewhere along the way our simple little plan seemed to just go "poof." I couldn't help but wonder just when and where and how that had happened.

We're tired, that's what. We're tired and hungry, and just plain fed up with this major thing happening to us, and that major thing coming right on its heels; sure as there's Treasure on Roon, all I want is a quiet little life in a quiet corner somewhere with my family, to live out the rest of that life in a quiet little way...

That brought to mind another place and time where very similar thoughts had run through my mind. Sol Varcek, Quee's little paradise. Where Sorben and I had first "found" each other, and where I had fled with tiny Darra, and where Sorben had--

Enough.

I sighed, ran a hand across my face, and let that thought segue into another.

Seus.

"Look," I finally blurted. "What are we going to gain by running off here on a guess, there on a whim? Just use up a helluva lot of fuel, and possibly get ourselves in a world of hurt. I mean, assuming we go to Ambria, one of the places where we think Sorben might have headed... well, just what exactly are we going to do then? Pop up and ask the same questions we might in utilizing Link's plan? That just might get us a fast, one-way trip to the brig, especially if Tarnus hasn't popped up yet. No offense, kid."

This latter was sent as a quick aside to the little gal; after sending her a smile for pitching in, I went on.

"First of all, I think we need to get something going regarding our renegade compatriot. So after we're finished chewing our jaws here, I'll go send a message off to the Guild."

And hope to Khaandon Seus doesn't believe in the old adage about "sins of the fathers." Or rather, in this case, sins of the lovers's. But in the few short times I had actually met the man, he had struck me as being a fair person. In fact, I thought he seemed to like me.

I just hoped he remembered me after all these years.

I shook off the negative direction in which that thought had been heading, and went on.

"Then-- I think we should keep on course to K'eel Doba, and stick to Plan A. Thoughts, anyone?"

[ 02-08-2010 11:47 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-17-2010 12:10 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Sounds like we've talked our way into a decision," Terrin commmented. "Out of all the places we think Tarnus might be, we at least do know that he was on K'eel Doba, and that's the last verifiable information we have."

Terrin paused, biting is lower lip a bit in thought. "It's a good bet that, being imprisoned by the Sith, Tarnus and his armor were seperated and he may or may not have recovered the armor if he did escape. As much as I hate going back to the Sith Worlds--particularly K'eel Doba--I think this is the best place to start. Like Yaoksi said, the Sith could very well be lying to us, and there is really no way for us to verify the encryption that Link picked up was Tarnus and not some other Impy other than doing what she has suggested. I think it's something to keep in our back pockets, however...

...particularly if Sorben did manage to get away and his armor is still on K'eel Doba."

Provided you are actually successful in finding said armor.

Terrin didn't bother to state that particular mental addendum aloud.

"Any ideas on how we could utilize the armor technology to find it, and potentially Tarnus?" he asked then, knowing both Galen and Kyan were much more likely to come up with something in this regard. "Not to mention we also need to decide exactly how we are going to approach the Sith and determine if he is still imprisoned there whether we find his Mandolorian armor or not."

(((OCC: I think this post is sorta rambling. Hope it makes sense!)))

[ 01-17-2010 12:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 01-18-2010 02:08 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan thought about what Terrin said, true they didn't know where exactly was or Erik for that matter. So K'eel Doba made as much sense as anything else. As for the armor...

Beskar'gam doesn't have any technology that would make it any easier to find.” Said Kyan. “We wear and fight in that armor every day, so if there was anyway that made it easy to detect for we worked it out of the design long ago. Even the beskar for all its rare properties makes it even harder to detect then if it was made from durasteel.

Short of a room by room search there really isn't another way that we can find it short of them giving it to us.

“Unless you know of anything Tarnus specifically put in his armor,” continued Kyan. “Like an emergency homing beacon or it has an active comm that Link could locate there isn't much that makes it easy to find.”

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 96.10.58.64
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-03-2010 10:06 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now, in the short period of time that Sorben and I had been an item, I had come to know him pretty darned good. And if there was one thing that stood out about him from any other trait, characteristic, or just plain habit, it was that at heart he was a bounty hunter. The best durned bounty hunter in the galaxy, if not the entire universe. And one of the best ways for a bounty hunter to remain top gun was to remain stealthy.

Silent.

Surprising.

And thus lethal.

I shook my head ruefully. "Nope," I returned, not even trying to rack my brain to see if anything along the lines of Kyan's suggestion might suddenly pop out of it. "I can't say that he ever did put anything like that on himself. If you wanted to find him, you didn't.

"You let him find you."

I rose to my feet, stretching.

"Ok, so if no one minds then, I think I'll go pop off that message to the Guild. Hopefully he'll help us, and at least we won't have Erik to worry about. Then maybe we can come up with something practical regarding our purpose on K'eel Doba. Who knows, they might even want to help us."

I shrugged, then looked at Captain Joao. He merely got to his feet and nodded toward me, indicating that I follow him to communications.

Which I did.

[ 02-08-2010 11:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-08-2010 12:20 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Moments later I found myself snuggling into an extremely comfortable but extremely functional chair at one of Challenger's three command consoles, waved there personally by Captain Joao who then hunkered back behind me. I didn't have to turn around to see the smile plastered across his puss, nor did I need to verify the niggle I was getting that he was standing there with his arms crossed, as if daring me to continue.

I wobbled somewhere between a grin and a scowl.

What was this, a test?

But in spite of the niggles my gut instincts were sending me I didn't feel anything other than straight-forward permission washing through the air at my back, so with no further ado I lent my full attention to the task at hand.

Wow. When Terrin managed to procure a good ship, he really meant it. This was a good ship!

The console looked like Boonta Eve on Tattooine, sparkling with lights and sleekly inset buttons and screens. Rows of instrumentation sat in silent announcement of the equally impressive telemetry this ship possessed; I couldn't help but let my jaw drop a little.

A slight shuffle sounded behind me, and my jaw snapped closed.

So THAT'S it, eh?

Grinning now I reached out and just let my hands do their own thing. They didn't fail me either, but reacted to the wonderfully overwhelming board as if they had been part and parcel of it their entire life. My fingers fairly flew, finally slowing a bit before coming to a halt. The grin on my face even broader now, I leaned a bit to the side so Captain Joao could read the message I was about to pop off.

Seus, this is Galen. Long time no speak. I trust you remember me through a particular individual of our mutual acquaintance. I feel this person might be into something a touch wee over even his helmeted head, and am requiring your assistance in the matter.

Please respond to this frequency; I have set up an automatic scrambler to squelch your reply. Point of origin cannot be traced except by someone having that frequency to begin with. This is a two-way electronic street, as you know.

I hope to hear from you, and if I might be so bold to add it, asap.

Galen out.

It was all I could do to refrain from going "neener neener" when I read the blatant emotion slipping across Captain Joao's face in reaction to that message. Then his obvious surprise sequed into a great beam of delight.

Hmmm. I might find myself stepping in as Communications Officer aboard this ship!

The thought passed through my head as, in response to a nod of the man's head, I returned to the board, punched a button, and sent the message winging silently -- and untraceably -- along the spaceways.

((OOC: Above message sent into the thread When It Rains, It Pours in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

[ 02-08-2010 12:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Seus Sh'tan

Member # 945

posted 02-08-2010 03:06 PM     Profile for Seus Sh'tan   Author's Homepage   Email Seus Sh'tan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Coming in from When It Rains, It Pours in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

"Galen my dear, what a surprise. How... wonderful to find you well; you must come here some time so we can catch up on old times.

"What assistance can I render, my dear?"

[ 02-08-2010 03:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Seus Sh'tan ]

--------------------

Who's to say who's right and who's wrong? I'm just in it for the credits.

Posts: 32 | From: Guild World | Registered: Feb 2010  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e