my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Where Will You Go (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Where Will You Go
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 12-24-2010 01:25 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I held up a hand to ward off any further pleasantries.

"Link and I were talking over some java, and she has come up with a wonderful suggestion!" I said brightly to the group before singling out Terrin.

"Captain Danner, what would be the chance of having your nice SSD come along with us to K'eel Doba? You know, play guard nek, watch our backs? Someone there to do something should things go terribly wrong in our attempt to free your guy?"

The more I thought about it, the better sense this plan made. I mean, it was his man after all now, wasn't it? Why not ask for some firepower back-up to assist us in springing the guy from jail?

[ 12-24-2010 01:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.112.170
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-27-2010 10:51 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My eyes cut to Terrin, then I poked him in the ribs.

"You wanna take that, or should I?" I whispered from the side of my mouth, which was still flashing a smile Cap'n Joao's way.

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.112.99
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 12-27-2010 12:55 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once Terrin snapped out of his somewhat darkening thoughts regarding whatever might be afoot now, his response didn't take even a nanosecond to formulate.

"Yeah, it isn't just a good idea, it's a kriffing good idea," Terrin agreed with Yaoksi, nodding. "And it's been done before," he continued, recalling back to when the fleet had lurked behind the shadow of K'eel Doba while they had been on Khar Delba after the Nar Khelba.

Of course, back then neither planet had been populated.

"I can contact my partner and have the ship revert just outside of the system so if we can sneak in and spring Matt the presence of an SSD won't stir things up onplanet."

He quieted then, beginning to key Aaron's frequency in on his wristcomm. Then he paused for a moment, looking over at Yaoksi once more. "And hey, we can swing by the Hornett and get you the computer system upgrades I promised once we get Matt back."

Like it's gonna be that easy, a little shoulder devil snorted.

With a mental shake of the head, Terrin couldn't help but think, Oh kriffing hell, it's YOU again.

Terrin keyed in the rest of Aaron's secure, highly encrypted frequency. "Hey Aaron, Terrin here. I need you have the coordinates to K'eel Doba pulled from the Hornett's memory. It's a long story that I'll fill you in on later, but one of our friends has been imprisoned in the system, and I want some back up when we go in should it be needed. I need you to have a course plotted near the system and then head that way ASAP. Please respond and let me know when this is done."

Leaving his request at that, Terrin pressed the send button on his commlink. Then he turned his attention back to the others.

"You know, maybe we can have a drink or two while we wait for Aaron's reply."

Terrin could practically hear his inner demon snickering. You're starting to sound like one of your employees now...

"And please, you can just call me Terrin. Gods know after all we've been through between now and times past we should be on a first-name basis."

[ 12-27-2010 02:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 12-27-2010 03:34 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A smile broke out on my face that threatened to split it in two.

"Hey, that's great, Cap- er, I mean, Terrin," I replied in an even brighter tone of voice. "Ane you can call me Yaoksi," I finished and stuck out my hand. Once the obligatory -- if somewhat silly by now, considering -- niceties were over, I turned on my heel.

"C'mon; Link's holding us a table!"

This was a joke, of course, but even as I took a step forward it hit me that perhaps Terrin might not be into my peculiar brand of humor.

"That's a joke," I said in clarification, then kept going, this time tossing parting instructions over my shoulder.

"Again, you've got the comm, Galen, but seriously, I don't think it's necessary. This ol' girl can take care of herself; I mean, what's gonna happen to us in hyperspace?

"C'mon, let's go back to Link and relax for a bit."

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-27-2010 03:51 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, nothing could happen in hyperspace, the annoying shouder demon chortled as memories of a few of those moments of "nothing" flashed in Terrin's memory. Incidents which, regardless of who was watching out for who, most likely would have happened anyway.

Terrin chose to push these thoughts to the furtherest corner of his mind.

"Yeah, sounds good," Terrin responded with a smile,beginning to follow Yaoksi as he turned and arched a brow with an unvoiced, "Are you coming?" in Galen's direction.

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-29-2010 11:26 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I ran a quick peeper over the nav-board.

Sure as Khaandon made lil green worrts, all seemed shipshape and proper. Barring anything of the untoward happening to us, like running through a supernova or barreling amidst a gamma ray burster which, even though being in hyperspace, would certainly do us no good, there didn't seem anything much I could do but sit and watch the ship's lights twinkle to themselves as it indeed ran itself.

Yeah, call on us humans for the gamma ray burster...

I snorted in amusement, and turned to go. Chances of anything bad happening were few and far between; it suddenly seemed like the best of ideas to join the others in a little smackeral of something, especially since my new teacher was...

Well, was...

What was he doing now?

I cast a glance at him, only to find that enigmatic T-shaped visor staring off into apparent otherness. He'd been mighty mum since the latest had come down the pike; maybe he wasn't too keen on us going back on our original course after all?

But he'd thrown that ball into my court!

I shook myself, frowning as I firmed.

He thought I was good enough to ask to be his student, or padawan, or apprentice, or whatever they term was they were going by these days. SO. He'd just have to trust me, just as I--

Just as I...

Just as I had to trust in him, and not read things that maybe weren't there.

"Coming," I called to Terrin, with a final look at the board. The words, however, were meant to jog Master Kyan from whatever reverie that was taking over his senses.

As my attempt in capturing his attention seemed to come to a dead end, at least for this particular moment, I just shrugged. Then making good on my word, I simply followed Terrin out into the corridor beyond the bridge.

[ 12-29-2010 11:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-30-2010 01:10 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Though Kyan couldn’t read what exactly the Force wanted him to do he knew the right choice was to put his trust in Galen. Though she showed extraordinary talent with being able to sense the Force around her he was confident in her abilities to read it.

She has learned to sense the Force around her and soon it will become like breathing to her. Next she will learn to control the Force within her then manipulate the Force around her.

What astonished Kyan the most about Galen’s growth was not only the potential he saw in her, but the rate of her growth was almost unheard of. In the history of the Jedi Order there had only been one Jedi to ever advance as Galen had, Grand Master Skywalker. Kyan couldn’t help but notice the similarities between the two; Skywalker had rebuilt the Jedi order after its destruction, now it would seem that Galen was to walk the same path.

So what does that make me, am I Gal’ika’s Master Kenobi and Master Yoda.

The thought of being in such a position as two of the most important figures made Kyan question, why him? What was the Force thinking to pick a Jedi such as him to fulfill such a task? Kyan sighed inwardly accepting the duty given to him hoping he could measure up to the standard that Master Kenobi had set for Master Skywalker. With that he turned away from the communication station.

No sense in contacting the Chieftains, they know what is required of them and will be prepared when the time comes. And with my prior warning about the Vongese they will no doubt handle our little Imperial puppet of a Mandalore. Whoever they choose as his successors would have the support of my clan as well.

Kyan resigned himself to the fact that what was going on in this ship was more important than any potential threat and Galen’s reading of the Force gave him the calm he needed. With that he headed out of the bridge following in the wake of Galen and Terrin to the galley.

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-01-2011 07:24 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
About mid-way to the galley, Terrin paused as he remembered something, quickly keying in the frequency for Jasyn's secured, encrypted commlink.

"Hell, I almost forgot to give Jasyn an update on what we are going to do," he then said aloud to no one in particular. Then he raised his wristcomm to his lips.

"Jasyn, Terrin here. We are staying on course and heading after Matt. Keep me posted on your progress; I'll do the same. If you need anything, let us know. Danner out."

Pushing the send button, Terrin then squirted the message off to Jasyn and began heading towards the galley once more.

"Hey," he then said, suddenly feeling that a diversion from the upcoming challenges was needed for all, "Didn't someone say something about a game of sabaac?"

--------------------

~~Galen

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-05-2011 01:13 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Only a few minutes had pasted when Yaoksi returned to the galley followed by Galen and Terrin, then Kyan as well. Link recoiled slightly at the sight of Kyan, he seemed to notice it but acted if he did not.

Why does he still creep me out, is it because he’s a Jedi; or because if he found out what I really did to that girl he would turn me in because to most people it was the right thing to do. I know Yaoksi’s agreed to keep silent on the issue but I could never trust anyone else, not even Galen because she’s becoming a Jedi as well.

Link shook her head willing away such thoughts lest Galen could read her mind like they say a Jedi could.

“Yaoksi,” called Link. “Are we going to have backup on this run?”

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-05-2011 04:31 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"We're waiting for his man to get back with us on that, Kiddo," I said as I rejoined Link at the table. She pushed my java over to me as I took my seat; it was still warm. I took a sip, and sat back with a little sigh.

"But I think they're going to play back-up. That was a great idea you had; now if you could come up with some way for us to spring this guy we're going to get, that would be even better.

"I'm kinda at a loss, myself. You know me, a lover not a fighter; always have been, always will."

I sent Link an overly bright smile and then hid it behind my raised cup. I didn't want her to see it waver; damn, but had anyone come up with any real, employable strategies on what we were going to do once we reached our destination?

I wasn't kidding when I asked Link if she had any ideas. 'Cuz I sure as hell didn't.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.112.196
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-07-2011 04:52 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“On any other planet maybe,” came Link’s answer. “I’ve broken into and out of prisons more times then I’d like to remember. It’s just my methods won’t work here.”

Link did have ample experience in her past with make an escape or entrance to a secure facility, but this situation was different. Ideally she slice her way in to the system as a worker then from there assess the situation on how best to fool the computer into letting her do what she wanted. And any sentient could be fooled as well, thankfully for her Ryns made up a large percentage of the cheap labor force. But not here this was a Sith world, probably the only place she stood out more than anyone else, better yet no technology no slicing.

“I may be good, but even I can slice magik.”

If need be Link was a good shot with a blaster, might be able to pick pocket from one of the Sith. Other than that when they arrived she was out of her skill set.

Some partner I am…

“What do the Sith even want with him, I mean he’s not important like Tarnus was? I mean kriffing hell Galen, Kyan, or Terrin have more value as prisoners. Maybe we can convince the Sith to just give him back, I mean do they want something we could trade?”

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-07-2011 05:54 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now there's a thought!

I raised a brow at Link, and set my cup down on the table. I hadn't thought of that; sheesh, what good would I be in the upcoming situation? I mean, I wasn't the best fighter, although I could use a blaster, and Fates alone knew how well I could strategize.

About as well as I could come up with ideas... which wasn't saying much.

I reached over and gave Link's arm a quick squeeze.

"That's a super thought; see? That's why I want you for my partner, kiddo. You think of things I miss."

I sat back and picked up my cup again.

"Well anyone?" I said with an indication toward Link. "She's got a good thought there. And I agree with it; I mean, yeah. What would the Sith want with this guy? Who is he, anyway? Terrin, is he worthy of being locked away as some kind of bargaining chip, or do you think there's something else going on here?"

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.112.100
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-07-2011 10:23 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin shook his head. "I don't know, but there are a very strange set of circumstances involved."

He paused, pursing his lips. "Matt went with Panthar to K'eel Doba to offer assistance when all the powers and magicks had gone away. When they got there, at least according to what Jasyn and Aeylmaar found out, they ended up meeting with ShaRhylla-Graysith's daughter-and Shayla Stargazer. Something happened and Panthar ended up galavanting off with the two females while Matt was sent off to rot in prison."

Terrin sighed. "To make a long story short, it sorta appears that maybe they were up to something that they didn't want Matt to go back and talk about; who knows, maybe they just decided he knew too much in general from being around the Sith so much. But even at that, I would have thought they'd kill him first rather than imprisoning him."

Quieting a moment, Terrin considered what Link had just suggested. "And Link has a point, maybe the best strategy would be to go directly to the source and tell them we are looking for Matt, have heard rumors he has been imprisoned there, and see what happens. The direct approach has worked in the past..."

Terrin's eyes defocused for a moment as memories played across his mind's eye. Then they snapped alert once more. "...but getting results that way usually comes at a steep cost."

--------------------

~~Galen

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-10-2011 03:45 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't help but let loose with a soft chuckle.

"Yeah, nothing like the direct approach, I'll agree with you there. Beats sneaking around; even if you're completely honest in you intentions, sneaking just doesn't make it look that way.

"Besides, we'll have a SSD at our backs, right Terrin? Can't get any more direct than that."

I sent him a definitive nod before getting to my feet to get a refill for Link and I.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.112.10
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 01-14-2011 01:09 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This whole situation didn’t sit well with Kyan, they were making assumptions based on what little information they had. On top of that the information they had was questionable to say the least.

“I don’t like the fact we are entering into this fray blindly,” interjected Kyan. “I mean it is all well and good to have a SSD as backup but does very little if you aren’t willing to use it. Are you prepared to do that?”

Kyan paused to let them think hard on that thought.

“From what Gal’ika has told me and the knowledge I gained as a Jedi these Sith don’t strike me as people who will respond to empty threats let alone ones from a sales man, no offense Terrin. Now during the Jedi Sith war over 3000 years ago Exar Kun hired my people to help the Sith in their fight against the Jedi. Perhaps they remember and respect the Mandalorians.

I wish we had more time to teach Gal’ika about the Force. Her growth is extraordinary and her ability to read the Force comes natural to her.

“And I do have the advantage that besides Gal’ika none of them can read me through the Force, my presence would be the same as a droid to them. A threat from a Mandalorian Jedi Master who they can’t read would be something they would at least take seriously if it came down to it.”

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-14-2011 07:20 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a few brief moments, Terrin felt something he hadn't for a very long time, something from back in his days when he used to run Stargazer Corporation along with Shayla. Despite the fact she had left the Jedi Praxeum as a young teenager, she always had a certain air about her, one that made him feel like she knew more than he because she was a Force user. But Terrin knew this was not the time for such feelings, so he pushed them aside and ignored them. Still, he wasn't going to let Kyan think his plan was to bring the Hornett blazing in and threaten the Sith. He knew far better than to do such a foolish thing.

He turned to Kyan. "Threatening the Sith myself, or with my SSD, was not what I had in mind," he said, being straight to the point. "And for that matter, I know from past experience the Sith won't respond to threats of any kind, from any of us."

He paused, letting those words sink in. "We aren't going into this quite as blindly as perhaps you think; Galen and I have been on these Sith worlds before, to recover our daughter, to face enemies, and to eventually make some allies. She and I as well as Yaoksi have also seen very well what they are capable of...

...and when they are angry, it really isn't pretty to say the very least."

Quieting, his eyes defocused a little as his own memories of such played through his mind's eye: of friends and past allies who had been wounded or killed and of Galen's own tortures at the hand of Dark Lord Roan.

"In the past we used the Hornett as a sort of back up base, for additional resources and for reinforcements as needed. What I did have in mind was to go straight to the Sith and inquire about Matt. It's not much of a plan, and it needs to be fleshed out. As a salesman, I also veyr much believe there needs to be a plan should the Sith want an exchange of sorts for Matt. This has worked in the past; but not without some sacrifice."

--------------------

~~Galen

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-15-2011 11:28 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Exar Kun. The ancient Sith.

It hit me like a ton of durasteel then, sending my memories winging back to life with Dad, to his obsession with the Sith, with something as shadowy as a hunting dianoga, as evoking of terror as a rampaging rancor...

And something, or rather a bunch of someones, who as it turned out were much, much more than anyone dreamed they were.

I couldn't help but cast an incredulous look Terrin's way, then slid that same look toward Kyan.

"Ummm..." I interjected softly but firmly. "I think we're all kinda at odds here, and before we go any further we'd all better be reading the same page. The Sith are not who and what you think they are, Ky- er, that is, Master Jetiis'ad."

I paused fractionally as two images swam into my mind's eye: one of that ol Big n Baddie, Darth Wicked, he of the "original" Sith bent, he the Dark Force user ala the likes of Darths Vader and Sidious and others who had terrorized the innocent throughout the galaxy's vast history. And the other--?

I closed my eyes for a moment as the image of blazing turquoise eyes came within a hair's-breadth of my own, as hot breath seemed to fan my face, as clawed red fingers reached out to--

My eyes popped open beneath a frown, as now I struggled to remember what history I'd learned in those seemingly forever-ago classes I'd taken before going off with Dad and Jharmeen on our hunt to prove the Sith really were. Not too much had been known about the Sith, who they were or anything; just the general stuff that Kyan was alluding to: that they were a people, who were attacked, and who now apparently had sought assistance from the Mandalorians. I didn't know that; what I did know was that it still seemed Kyan didn't have all the information he needed. But then, how could he? No one knew who these people really were; they all thought Dad was a fruitcake going on with his alternate theories, thought him even crazier when he took off with Jharmeen and me in order to prove how much had been lost to over four centuries of time.

Or purposely hidden.

"The Sith aren't like Exar Kun and Darth Vader and those guys," I said stressing the present tense of the verb. "Most people think that those were guys who just fostered a belief, albeit a very dark one. They followed a dark way of living, and eventually there were only two of 'em allowed to be around at the same time. But the real Sith..."

I paused fractionally, weighing erroneous historical "fact" against that which I knew from experience to be true.

"They're a whole race of people. A whole civilization. They're humanoid, although very different from us. And they don't use the Force, Kyan; they have these... these, well, it's sounds goofy when I say it but they have these magickal powers, and all kinds of strange machines and stuff; they make the greatest fighter ships..."

Again I paused, thinking of Jester II now tucked safely away from prying eyes...

"And some of 'em can use that weird power my sister can, the one she calls the All. Kyan, I watched her easily defeat another, well, for lack of anything better I'll call him a "dark Sith" cuz all he was about was being nasty and evil like Vader of old. Anyway, she handled him and his, what do you call it? 'Dark side of the Force' as easily as shooting worrts."

I shook my head a little then; hadn't I told Kyan about this? How easy it was to stick this knowledge to the back of ones' minds, so easy to continue then along old preconceived notions, to overlook some of the cold hard facts that we were going to be flying smack-straight into. And he sure seemed to be stuck in a "the-Force-is-It" mindset, further shown by his reference to someone from the dregs of history, this Exar Kun guy, and not applying what I'd said earlier toward the reality of what we were doing, and where we were going.

But then, maybe I dreamt about revealing who the Sith really were. Or maybe I hadn't made myself clear enough. Or maybe Kyan, fresh from being found on that mystery planet upon which was growing those Vong thingys, hadn't properly assimilated what I had been trying to say. Well, now was the time to say it again.

Sometimes the student can enlighten the teacher, after all.

I took a deep breath and crossed my arms. "These guys can dissassemble solid matter with a thought," I finished. "So yeah, while having a SSD at our backs would under normal circumstance be super helpful, to them it might be nothing more than an eagle made of glass.

"I say we have to tread very carefully, and with the utmost diplomacy. Well, with as much diplomacy we can muster, that is."

[ 01-15-2011 11:45 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 01-15-2011 09:56 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Incoming from Eyrie of the Eagle in this same forum.)))

"The Hornett is enroute to a location just outside of the Sith worlds, Terrin."

He paused briefly, frowning to himself. "Please fill me in on what is going on soon; I'd like to know what we're facing here."

Aaron ended with that, sending off the message.

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 01-15-2011 11:38 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan considered both Terrin and Galen’s arguments, and he had to admit they both were sound in their reasoning. He remembered how Galen told him about the Sith earlier, its just he was under the impression that the Sith he knew about had an influence on the Jedi that discovered them and formed the Sith Empire .

We always believed that the Sith had to be inherently of the dark side, the possibility that the Sith were innocent until the dark Jedi found them is one the Jedi never considered.

“Very well then,” said Kyan. “I can tell you do have an plan and a sound one at that. I leave this to you Terrin and Gal’ika as it is your man.”

Was this what the Force wanted, I know there are powers beyond the Force but all must come from a common source. The ones of other traditions could not sense me, but this the All Gal’ika speaks of might be different. I thought it was the Force that allows her to sense me, could it be something else.

“There is much I have to think on, much I assumed was true but appears otherwise. I will acknowledge the role the Force has assigned me to train Gal’ika as a Jedi. I will not override what plans outside of her training you make and as such will abide by your decisions on how to proceed when you require my or when Gal’ika wishes to continue with her training I’ll be in the cargo bay meditating.”

Silently Kyan rose and drifted out of the galley to the rear of the ship finding a secluded spot and sat drawing inward on what little of the Force he could feel from his link with Galen hoping for some sort of direction.

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-16-2011 02:08 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I watched Kyan exit, a growing lump of concern forming in my throat. For although his words were neutral enough, and spoken in a calm tone, although he seemed to all outward appearances to have taken what I had just told him well in stride, I knew he wasn't in the very least bit all right about it.

Sure as there's Treasure on Roon.

"Umm, 'scuse me a minute," I said to no one in particular then made a beeline to the galley hatch. I stepped out into the corridor beyond just in time to catch the merest hint of a shadow flicking to the left; without even pausing to consider I followed, somehow knowing that catching up with him in the corridor to talk to him would not be the best of ideas. I followed that merest hint, that suggestion, until I came upon him kneeling in a shadowy niche of the cargo bay, his helmeted head tilted, his hands quiet in front of him.

I took a step inside, sensing immediately his awareness of my presence, even though he hadn't moved so much as one muscle. For a moment I dithered just inside the doorway; then drawing in a deep breath I went over to a position in front of him, lowered myself to my knees, and tilted my face downward to the deck.

"Don't feel bad, Master; there's not many people in the Galaxy who know about this," I said in a soft voice. He remained silent, rock-still; drawing in another little breath I went on.

"How could anyone know, when there really wasn't all that much handed down over time? I mean, history is revealed to the present by written or pictorial documentation at the very best, and mouth-to-mouth stories at the least. My Dad knew this, and knew that sometimes one had to ignore the obvious, listen to the ghosts, and seek the truth between the lines."

Somehow that statement sounded all poetic and flowery; grunting a little, I shifted my position and forced myself to continue. Kyan still remained silent as a stone.

"Look, what everyone knows, or thinks they know, about the Sith is based on not much more than a whisper. It tooks the shenanigans of those early Darths to give that whisper a louder voice, and that's what everyone came to understand as being true. My dad was an xeno-archeologist, and he listened to the words that weren't whispered, wondering instead who had initiated that whisper... and why they had done it. He thought there was something else, another truth, and actually succeeded in finding it... although I can count the number of people who know about this on the fingers of one hand. Or both hands."

I paused again; still nada. Now I wriggled; damn, how did they sit like this to meditate? I considered myself to be fit n' trim, and knew a bit of the martial arts, but already I could feel a cramp starting to crawl into the arch of my left foot. I grunted again, pushing away the tenderness, and went on.

"I've seen these people, I've been to their world. So has Sorben, and not only with the Empire in his fist. Something weird and wonderful happened to them, Ky- that is, Master. They were not here at all, not even considered to be a part of the universal puzzle. Then there were a couple showing up, to what purpose I didn't at the time have a clue. Of the few who popped up out of nowhere, one hundred percent used that weird power. I know this from first hand experience.

"And then... and then, they were suddenly just here. Where they came from, I don't know. But I saw one of their worlds go from cold and deserted, to bustling with life."

Now I had the temerity to reach out and take Kyan's gloved hands into my own, although I kept my face aimed to the deck.

"Master, they were gone, now they are back. From wherever, and however it was done. It's almost as if they have come back to take their rightful place in the grand scheme of things, or something; hell, I don't know. But I have my suspicions.

"Kyan, I've seen what the All can do, again from first hand experience. But I don't think this is something they've always had, or always used. I dunno, call it a hunch--"

Oh yeah, like you've not had enough of those in your life, sheesh!

"--but really, if everyone of their race had this, they wouldn't be here, right? I mean, it's so powerful, and if used against others, nothing short of total annihilation would result, right? I mean, they don't have the objectivity to use it correctly, at least not all of those I know who use it."

The image of turquoise eyes began to rise up in front of me; with a small bit of effort I shoved them away, and went on.

"But they do have this wonderful magick, all these way cool and efficient machines. Kyan, it's like they are all stong in one thing, and maybe a select few are stong in the power Sissy has, this 'All' thing."

I paused yet again, catching my breath even as I caught my lip between my teeth. Dammitall, I was rambling; where was Sorben when I needed him, to get me back on track? I sighed, and tried again.

"Ok, I'll lay it out on the line. Call it a hunch, but I don't think they all can use that power Sissy does. I do know they're tougher n' nails otherwise, and have super magickal powers. Maybe those powers weren't enough against the jedi you were talking about; maybe those jedi did something to them, snuffed 'em out in an act of genocide too horrible to think of. How they got here and how those few suddenly came to use the All, I don't know. But they're here, and some do.

"They're stong, Kyan, and powerful. I said we should tread with the utmost diplomacy, but I really think we need to take a further step. I think we need to approach them with our hand out in friendship, and see if they would be willing to join us against the Vong, should the Vong indeed be coming."

Or help us against whatever else it is that's lurking in the background, blinking it's big ol' Googly eyes...

[ 01-16-2011 02:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 01-16-2011 07:03 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Who is the Master and who is the student here.

“It’s a shame that you affinity for the Force wasn’t discovered sooner,” lamented Kyan. “If you had the chance to be trained by a traditional Jedi I wonder if the Order might have survived.”

Kyan had no regret in taking Galen as his apprentice or the will of the Force in this area.

It’s just the Force tells me that Gal’ika is important to not just the future of the Jedi but to the future of the galaxy itself.

“Because of the Jedi Purge much was lost. When Grand Master Skywalker rebuilt the order he had to come up with new ways of training Jedi. We didn’t have the knowledge of the Jedi in the Old Republic and much was lost especially in the area of the Sith.”

Kyan gave her hand a light squeeze.

“That is why I am leaving this task to you Gal’ika, your not bound by the assumptions that Jedi of my generation are. And more importantly you are the future of the Jedi order.”

Kyan saw Galen’s rising confusion at his words but it was something he could not explain now, not yet at least.

That vision was meant for me, it would only confuse Gal’ika or turn her away from the Force.

“Your knowledge and insight of these Sith will prove valuable and I am not afraid to admit I don’t know how to handle them so I will meditate and find how to best help by serving the Force. On a side note you are growing more confident in your abilities, learn to trust them. I have showed you how to sense the Force soon you will learn to control it within yourself. Just let me know when you are ready to learn more.”

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-17-2011 04:38 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"No."

The word slipped from my lips before I even thought I was going to say it, so instinctive a reaction it was from which it sprang. Just as instinctive as my next one: I jumped to my feet, and began pacing a bit in front of the kneeling Kyan.

"No. I mean, ahh..."

I shook my head as I paced, trying to find what it was that sent me to my feet, that urged my mouth into defying this jedi who would make me one of their own, who might even be a nexus in the re-building of the entire order itself.

No. That wasn't me... not alone. No.

"Not by myself, Master."

I let my pacing drag itself to a halt and stood in quiet confusion, trying to think. Then it hit me, as clear and obvious as a Mynock's determination for energy couplers.

I whirled to face him.

"Master, I-- I am not all you think I am. I don't know how I know that, I just do. I mean, yeah, I have these hunches that guide me, but don't you see?

"They are responsive. They only happen after a situation arises that I'm stuck in; they tell me what to do. They don't happen as a-- a presight of what is to come, of where to turn now to affect that which will happen later. I have to be in the later, to then feel what to do at that now. Sorta. If that makes sense.

"I need you to provide me with that later, so my now can kick in."

I stopped with that, utterly surprised with myself. I had no idea where those words had come from, certainly not from my conscious being. But materialized they had, and sure as there's treasure on Roon, I instinctively knew them for the truth they were.

"You can't just meditate. You have to-- to, well, to act. So I then will know what to do.

"Master," I ended, lowering myself to my kneeds in front of him again and aiming my face to the deck.

[ 01-17-2011 04:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.112.75
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-17-2011 04:51 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
On the heels on Galen's departure from the galley, as if on cue, Terrin's commlink went off. Suspecting it was Aaron, Terrin decided to accept the incoming message right where he sat. After all, these people were friends.

As he pressed the accept button, Aaron's message played. Unconsciously Terrin nodded to himself, unsurprised at how quickly Aaron had made his request a reality and likewise unsurprised by his partner's final request.

"Aaron, the Sith have Matt captured in dungeons, and we aren't sure why; we've just received word of it via Jasyn, who is enroute to Bespin to retrieve Galen's sister, who appears to be in some dire straits herself. I'll keep you posted as soon as I have any more specifics."

With nothing further, Terrin sent the message along its way to Aaron.

--------------------

~~Galen

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 01-18-2011 03:24 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“But you are not alone Gal’ika,” said Kyan. “You still see the world with only your other 5 senses; there is so much more of this world than what you can see with your eyes, hear with your ears, and touch with your hands. You are only reacting to the Force because you wait for it to yell instead of calming yourself to hear its most subtle of whispers.”

Kyan removed his helmet setting it aside, then took Galen’s hands and held them within his own.

Gal’ika look at me,” He pleaded. Kyan waited to continue until Galen look up from the floor at him.

“I’m sorry if I gave you the impression that I am thrusting the fate of the Jedi or the galaxy on you, I have great faith in you. What you do not yet see is what you may perceive as inaction by my meditating is in of itself action of a different kind. I am not asking you to solve the problem of the Sith for yourself, I will help and if need be I will assume the role of Grand Master of the Order to make peace with them if the Force calls me to do so. Until that time I am preparing for our meeting in the best way I know possible just as you should as well, meditate, relax, workout, learn, whatever it may be that helps you clear you mind of doubt. For doubt is the seed of fear and when fear full blooms give way to the dark side.”

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 209.170.255.14
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-18-2011 04:15 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I remained kneeling on the floor for awhile, considering his words, but I couldn't help but let slip a small frown of something running close to annoyance.

Here he goes again with the Force thing, as if that's the end-all of everything, and doesn't really seem to give anything I'm trying to tell him any real credence. It's almost as if...

I cut myself off then, as somewhere within me a paradigm suddenly shifted. Now the look I gave him leaned more toward being one of an incredulous nature.

He's not hearing me, because he simply doesn't know what I'm trying to say. He's got no reference, nothing to measure this power by other than the Force; that's all he knows. We'll never really be on common ground until I can get him to understand, to feel... to see what I've seen with my own eyes...

And how is that gonna happen, Galen ol' squid? Why, you're gonna have to teach him!

I blinked, inwardly rearing back in protest... and then looked more deeply into those eyes he was pinning me with. No, not pinning; that denotes one seeking dominance, power over someone, control. His eyes were...

Reaching outward, as if trying to delve into my very soul.

I drew in a breath, suddenly knowing what I had to do.

If we were going to be a successful combination, Master and padawan or whatever it went by nowadays, we had to be operating on the same page. He could easily teach me about the Force, but he in turn had to learn something of the power Sissypoops dealt with, that some of the Sith dealt with, and that which apparently was somehow, deep down, stuck inside me too. At least a little bit of it.

To do that, I had to have more of a handle on it myself.

Oh brother.

"You're right, Master," I said as I lowered my face again in respect. After a bit, he finally let go my hands, and I quietly clasped them in my lap. "I need to look inward, to find what there is inside me, to learn to touch it when I want to, and not rely on circumstances to bring it out.

"I need to control this, in that regard, and yeah, I suppose I need to get my mind off of it in order to do so. But Master--"

I looked up into his care-worn face, chewed my lip a little, opened my mouth to speak, then stopped.

I was going to say I've never been afraid of anything in my life, but that's a damned lie.

"I'll do my best."

He seemed to smile at me, and I waited until he moved away to continue with what he had come into this cargo bay to do in the first place. Then, as there did seem to be room for two, I moved to an area away from him, giving him some space, and began working on some basic martial forms.

Nothing like a good workout to clear the cobwebs from one's mind, and allow whatever tiny little bug that had been hiding a quietly open door through which to return...

[ 01-18-2011 05:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e