my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Where Will You Go (Page 9)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Where Will You Go
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 06-27-2011 12:25 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin had to agree with Link. The idea of sneaking into a Sith Temple to rescue Matt was nuts. He didn't know how they were going to do it and he was well aware of how risky it was; he'd been there before.

And before they had managed to somehow come out on top. At least, they usually did. But at what cost? Terrin frowned unconsciously to himself, then with effort, refocused on the questions that had been pointed in his direction.

"I sent the Hornett to Bakura, a system relatively close by but further away than the nearest sytem; approximately 5 or 6 standard days of travel away. Bakura also makes some sense for a destination for an EE ship due to the planet's major exports: repulsorlifts and specialized metals. both of these have some relation to EE business."

Terrin paused then, his focus going back to the other items up for discussion. "And I have to agree with Link; this whole rescue operation is risky and potentially insane...

...and I don't know that I should be asking you all to risk your own lives for the sake of a singular employee of mine."

Terrin paused, a bit surprised by his sudden admission, and pained by the conclusions which were beginning to make themselves known in his head. "Matt has been a very valuable employee to me, my second and most trusted assistant, and above that a loyal friend. But maybe you are right, maybe we shouldn't be placing his rescue as our primary reason for heading to the Sith worlds; maybe it should be secondary. As much as I don't know whether or not we should trust any of them, I do know the Sorcerers are powerful allies, and we are well aware of the powers of potentially incoming Sith and of the Darker Realms. Maybe we need to focus on whether or not the Sorcerers are in cahoots with either of these forces first and foremost and arm ourseolves with allies. Matt would want us to place the safety of everyone in the Universe over his own."

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 06-27-2011 10:43 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"And maybe if we're going to try that, we'd better have a little backing, don't ya think?"

I nodded in agreement with Terrin, for fates alone knew how little I really wanted to get embroiled in these magick-makers. Nothing could scramble up a person's hold on reality more so than magick and force and all that kind of hocus-pocus, and if anyone knew that any better than I did from what little I've been exposed to it, I'd like to know who. Images of Sullust, and of the Darker Realms rose unbidden in my mind; with a bit of effort I shook them off, shook off any other encroaching heebie-jeebies, and folded my arms.

"I don't mean your SSD, Terrin; I mean people. Like maybe the Mandalorians... didn't our friend say he could take us to his leader, or something like that?

"Maybe we should take him up on his offer, and consider his plan of us going to Mandalore."

I drained the bottle I had up until now been toying with, and set it down upon the table. Then, noting a look of apparent consternation coming from Link, I rose and got myself a cuppa caf, and some kind of fruity bun-thing to munch on. I regained my seat, chomping away, and once more crossed my legs and pressed back, balancing on the back two legs of my chair.

[ 06-27-2011 10:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-27-2011 11:28 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This decision wasn't an easy one for Terrin, but the logic in Yaoksi's words was inescapable. And there was something about going to the Mandalorians, rather the Empire or even the Sith that seemed well...

...right. After all, here was an opportunity to open an alliance with others, to begin informing them of what may be happening both within an without the Universe that could pose a danger and to come up with strategies to fight it that didn't rely soley on powers held by those who had waffled between friends and foes.

Shaking himself from his thoughts once more, Terrin nodded in agreement with Yaoksi. "Yes, I agree," he said, looking then to Link. "Thanks for pointing out the insanity of all of this and making me really think. Others out there in the Universe have a right to know exactly what is going on, and what is incoming, and we may be the only ones who would even bother to tell them...

...and that's going to be kinda difficult for us to do if we're all Huttsplat in the Sith worlds."

Terrin paused, pursing his lips, hoping that perhaps Jasyn could pursue Matt after returning to Khar Delba with Graysith. That was, if he was still in good graces with her and the Sith after that. Terrin unconsciously cringed at the thought; diplomacy wasn't exactly Jasyn's strong suite, to say the very least.

"I'm going to confer with Kyan regarding our potential change in plans," Terrin then said, knowing that they needed the Jedi in order to approach the planet. "I'll be right back," he finished with, getting up, leaving the galley, and heading towards the rear of the ship where he had found Galen and Kyan the last time he'd gone looking for them. Terrin felt badly about the probability that he would be interrupting them yet again...

...but he also felt that the time for this decision was already long past, no matter how difficult it was to leave behind his loyal employee...

...and far more than that, his very good friend.

[ 06-27-2011 11:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-27-2011 11:48 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stared into Kyan's eyes for a long, long moment. Then, drawing in a deep breath, I closed my own, unlaced my hands, and simply held them out.

All around me waited nothing less than eternity...

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-28-2011 07:38 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It didn't take Terrin long to reach the cargo bay where he had found Kyan and Galen the first time. He slowed to a halt just in front of the entrance to the cargo bay finding the hatch was sealed closed, allowing no one admittance.

He hesitated, waffling a bit as to what to do next. He didn't feel comfortable interrupting a probable training session between the Jedi and Galen despite the fact that he felt changing their destination to Mandalore was the best thing for them to do. But then, standing here waiting for something or other to happen would do little good, despite the fact that either Kyan or Galen might be able to sense his presence.

They could go ahead and alter the destination then discuss with Kyan and Galen when they were available again.

Terrin didn't know if Mandolore's coordinates were readily accessible in the navcomputer--honestly, he'd never been there before--but he figured if they weren't Link was certainly more than capable of finding them. Nodding to himself once at this conclusion, Terrin quirked a brow at the closed cargo bay hatch before turning and beginning to head back to the galley.

--------------------

~~Galen

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-29-2011 11:25 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I had just retrieved my seat after getting Link and myself another cup of caf -- if we were going to sleep aboardship, is sure wasn't going to be this night! -- when Terrin returned to join our table.

"Well," I opened, handing Link her cup. "That was fast. What did he say?"

I took a sip, itching to yank us out of hyperspace and onto a new course. The farther away we could take ourselves from the mysterious Outer Rim, where these even more mysterious Sith worlds were, well...

That suited me just fine.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-29-2011 02:59 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Actually, I didn't geet to talk with him," Terrin responded, regaining his seat. "The hatch door to the cargo bay was closed and it just didn't seem right to interrupt since he and Galen are probably training."

He paused for a moment but, sensing a rising aura of frustration and perhaps something else, "I think since it has already been suggested by Kyan as a good idea, we can just go ahead and divert to Mandalore and discuss in group when they are Kyan and Galen are back. I'm honestly not sure if it is on standard navcomputer maps, as I haven't been there, but if it isn't I'm maybe Link can pull up the coordinates and get us headed away from the Sith Worlds," he ended, quirking a brow in question at Link.

[ 06-29-2011 03:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 06-29-2011 10:34 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan grabbed hold of Galen’s hands, for this to work he needed to establish a pathway from him through Galen to her raw Force ability. Taking a deep relaxing breath Kyan formed an image of the link between them in his mind. He saw it as bright threads of light that interconnected all life, which was what he knew as a living Force. When he saw the link between them the threads were more numerous and intertwined. From this view he could see his own Force abilities and how they were cut off from him by a wall of darkness. Then following the threads to Galen he could see her raw potential through the Force. Galen did not possess the raw power when it came to the Force as Kyan once did but still plenty to be a powerhouse in her own right.

“Found it Gal’ika,” whispered Kyan. “I traced the outline of your power now this will feel different so hold on.”

Kyan didn’t give her any further warning; he grabbed hold of all of her Force ability and pulled it along the threads back into himself. The feeling of her Force powers almost over whelmed him; he knew a Jedi was not meant to wield the Force in this manner. Powered by the Force he expanded the threads of his and Galen’s life out into a time line he saw how they became intertwined when they first meet back on that Vong planet. He could follow it into the future when suddenly his own line stopped, not separated but stopped.

No time to explore what that meant.

He moved on further down Galen’s own line searching for a clue to indicate what he was looking for when he saw it. Down in her time line he saw a moment when his own line somehow reappeared and briefly intertwined with Galen’s before disappearing again. He was now satisfied what he saw before when the powers were restored to the universe Galen was a flow walk and not a vision. Grabbing hold of that moment he took a hold of that and using Galen’s raw power looped it back into itself pulling both him and Galen to that time. He could feel the physical strain on himself trying to control powers not his own as he and Galen were pulled along, almost burning out his own body in the process. He held on until he felt and explosion of light and what felt like a decompression of an airlock, then everything returned to normal. Opening his eyes he saw he was no longer on the ship and area filled with a deep mist that blocked his vision.

Gal’ika,” said Kyan. “Open your eyes, we are here.”

(((OOC: Follow Kyan and Galen to "Beyond The Curve Of The Lens" in the "CSWU", Thanks)))

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 06-29-2011 10:51 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link gladly accepted the caf from Yaoksi and set it on the table next to her empty cup.

“The coordinates are still in the computer remember,” replied Link. “We dropped out briefly and changed course to the Mandalore system before changing our minds and headed back to the Sith worlds.”

Link shoved aside her caf and reached for her data pad.

“If we are going to Mandalore I’ll need to make preparations,” Link said. “At least a fake ID for myself and a transponder mask for the Challenger. And a list of things we could get from the Mandalorians, like that armor for the ship Kyan promised us. Maybe some more powerful weapons, or maybe I can get them to make me plating for my arm out of that stuff.”

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-30-2011 12:48 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well then, guess I'll go alter our course."

I drained my caf in one long gulp, and rose to my feet.

"I'll use the coordinates Link referred to, but I'll bring us out of hyperspace a few hours away. Maybe by then our Jedi will be finished with your wife--"

Here I nodded to Terrin.

"--and we can let him in on the change of plans. That way we'll still have time to maybe slip away unnoticed, should it be decided this wasn't such a good idea after all."

I turned to go, and made a few steps to the door when I stopped. Turning, I eyed the others, hands on my hips.

"And if this plan falls into a black hole, I say we just go somewhere and consider our resources, who we can actually turn to and who not. We actually might be welcomed on Coruscant, you know."

With that I left, and went on to the little command "center" where it took but a moment to put the course change into action. As Challenger slid from one direction of hyperspace into another, I leaned back in my seat, placing a hand over my mouth, and just watched the starsmears flicking past like daggers of light.

For an odd reason the sight sent a shiver up my spine.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 07-26-2011 09:22 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Welcomed on Coruscant.

Terrin unconsciously frowned to himself.

Yeah, they were probably wondering what happened to two of their prisoners. And that damned Admiral Actar, he probably was still itching to get his hands on Galen and Darra.

But the strange thing was that Terrin hadn't heard one thing about the Admiral in what seemed to be several years. He certainly hadn't been making any pursuit like he used to. And something about that was unsettling. After all, when people in high authority disappear like that, there is a reason. And it's usually not a good one.

Of course, if they went to Coruscant, they wouldn't be seeking the audience of Actar anyway. Terrin could only hope that Tarnus could look past...

...well, the past...and take the imminent threat of the Sith, the Darker Realms, and the Vong seriously. And not dismiss them all as fools.

And that in the process Galen wouldn't be hurt all over again.

Terrin's eyes defocused for a moment. But then they snapped alert and he looked Link's way.

"Supposing that Kyan disagrees and we don't go to Mandalore, and we instead try to make contact with Coruscant and Tarnus and whoever else and they don't take us seriously..."

He paused, chewing his lip a bit and thinking. "Do you have any contacts who might join with us?"

--------------------

~~Galen

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 07-27-2011 02:49 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link thought back over her past exploits trying to remember who if anyone could be considered useful or even willing to help in the future. No matter how she wrapped her mind around it she had no one that popped up on her radar even if they offered them obscene amounts of credits.

“Sometimes I don’t think you realize who I am or what I do,” Link answered. “I am not just any slicer, the average slicer deals in what many in the underworld consider small time scams. Things like fake IDent cards, snooping on a cheating spouse, maybe disrupting a planets communications system. I specialize in high risk slicing, corporate espionage, military infiltrations, sabotage. Because of this my clientele and contacts widely differs from other slicers. My clients include many of the largest corporations known across the galaxy in all fields have paid for my services, it would not surprise me in the least if at one point your own corporation hired me or I was hired to disrupted your business or that of one of your competitors. I’ve been hired by the empire to infiltrate a terrorist cell and the same time that same cell hired me to steal information from the empire.

Link took a sip of her caf setting her feet up on the table.

“To sum it up I have multiple personas’ to deal with different situations and different clients,” continued Link. “Of the top ten slicers that can be hired I am number five, seven, and one on most people’s list. Directly because of my slicing corporations have been run out of business, rebellions have been quelled, and terrorists have been able to attack governments. My contacts operate on a similar concept I know people who can give me a good or service I need if the credits are right or in some cases blackmail.”

Link sat forward in her chair not entirely sure if Terrin understood the complexities of her trade, but she knew him to be a business man and a smart one at that. She had little doubts that after that cryptic revelation about her past the claims of what she had accomplished that Terrin might research what she had done in the past and might be shocked by what many people considered atrocities committed because Link gave the people who desired such actions the tools to do so. Even so Link was not worried after Yaoksi’s acceptance of her after she shared the one crime she truly regretted.

“If you wanted to put everyone who I know that I might be useful in dealing with our problems two things are going to happen,” said Link. “First off ones everyone realized that I was the one who has screwed all of them in the past they are going to lynch me, and then they will start to kill each other. No the best way to utilize my contacts or former clients is on a case by case basis of; what the current plan is, what we need, and how can we acquire it by either legal or illegal means.”

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-04-2011 10:34 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin nodded thoughtfully. "Wouldn't be the first time for me either way," Terrin admitted. He had, after all, once been an information smuggler. Getting things done in a "less than legal" manner was the pro quo. Terrin admittedly still had quite a bit of the information smuggler in him.

And that little-known fact was probably the explanation for the thoughts now forming in his mind. At least partially.

"I'm afraid we may have to accept the possibility that we may be the only ones who believe there is a true potential threat out there," he then suggested. "Or at least, that we may be the only ones who will be willing to put aside differences and work together to face the threat," he ammended. "I don't doubt the Empire may know something, but they may think they are strong enough and know enough to keep it all under control without any input or assistance."

He paused, shrugging, wondering why all this was suddenly coming to mind. "Guess we know what the Rebels felt like back in the days of the Empire now," he ended in non sequiter.

--------------------

~~Galen

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 11-14-2011 01:05 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Something about Terrin’s comment about how they knew the Rebellion must have felt struck a chord to Link.

“Maybe a Rebellion is just what we need,” suggested Link. “Not in the civil war overthrow the Empire definition. More like a shadow alliance of planets and people.”

Link could see the crazy looks she was getting, but felt she was onto something she just needed to explain it better.

“Look Terrin’s right,” stated Link. “Even if the Empire believes us there is no guarantee that they don’t already know about the Vong or even if they will accept our help. Most likely they know already about the Vong after all for everything the Empire is stupid isn’t one of them. Most likely they will prepare to deal with the Vong whether they will be strong enough is another matter.”

“We can assume that the Empire will at least bog down the Vong for some time, time which we can use. If we form a Shadow Fleet in secret if or when the Empire falls we can surprise the Vong. I can think of a few groups that hate the Empire and the Vong that may side with us. Bothans for one and I have a few contacts within the Bothan Spynet, from what I get from Kyan the Mandalorians hate the Vong as well.”

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 209.170.255.14
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-06-2011 09:24 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin nodded, agreeing with the ideas that Link was putting forth. "Yeah, I agree, a Shadow Fleet, and an Alliance of different people with different skills. It wouldn't be the first time my company has been involved in providing ships for military purposes...

...and less than governmental military at that," he added, recalling how he assisted the Moff. "I may have some other interesting channels that we could tap into as well, being a ship salesman and former smugggler."

He paused, chewing his lip thoughtfully, frowning a bit to himself. "I wonder what our ETA to Mandolore is, and how long Kyan's current training excercise is going to last..."

--------------------

~~Galen

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 03-20-2012 06:07 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link had no clue what their ETA was for Mandalore, Yaoksi hadn't returned yet from altering their previous heading. He's probably taking a short break... after what we been through we all need one.

“Yaoksi's probably on a little break or something,” said Link. “Hold on I think I can pull up a star map and check.”

From her previous efforts to get the Challenger ready for all the upgrades she ordered Link had started to tie as many systems into her equipment that she could. Link opened up a console on her datapad and checked their position on a star chart.

“It looks like when Yaoksi changed course we were about equidistant from the Sith world as the coordinates that Kyan gave us,” Link continued. “So I'm guessing we will arrive at the same time we would have on the Sith planet. Putting that aside and going back to the secret government idea for a moment. Yaoksi, Galen, and even Kyan; those are obvious people to bring in on this. You know if we do this we will be putting the biggest targets on our backs from not only the Vong, but likely the Sith and the Empire as well.”

We should probably run this by the others before we decide if this is even a venture to pursue.

Link left the table in the galley and called back to Terrin as she passed the bulkhead into the corridor beyond.

“I'll get Yaoksi if you want to check on how the Galen and the Jedi are doing.”

Upon entering the cockpit of the Challenger Link found Yaoksi slumped back in his pilots chair. She took her place in her copilots chair right next to him and kicked her feet up onto a nearby console.

“Tired I take it?” Link asked.

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 209.170.255.14
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 03-22-2012 12:25 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't help but jump a little as my reverie was interrupted by Link's soft voice. I shifted in my seat, smiling to find her mirroring my slouch in the seat beside me.

"You have no idea, kiddo," I finally replied, my smile dipping a little as I returned my gaze to the viewscreen. I sat in quiet companionship with the spunky lil gal then, watching the streaks as space was rent before us and spit out behind, shoving us along like surfers on a curl.

"Whatever happened to real life?" I suddenly blurted. I didn't know if she knew what I was talking about, or even cared. But suddenly I found myself yearning with every atom of my body for the good days, the quiet days, when I was on Sullust playing daddy with little Thea, taking life easy, and oh so happily taking it for granted. If only for a little bit...

I drew in a breath, shook my head at myself.

"Nah, nevermind, kid. I must be more tired than I thought."

I turned to her, gazed into her luminous eyes for a moment.

"Anything new from the rear?" I asked, jerking a thumb back along the direction from which she had come.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 75.104.160.36
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 03-22-2012 12:58 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link removed the glove from her mechanical hand, and took the stylus from her data pad twirling it through her fingers.

"Real life is over rated," Link answered. "Little danger makes it interesting, in my case I just have the problem of too much danger."

Take this arm for instance, I'm getting use to it but I still don't have the same finesse that my natural arm possessed. Does have more strength though.

"Terrin and I were plotting or scheming while you were gone, I forget the difference some time. So apparently the newest crazy theory I turned into semi workable plan is we are going to start our own Rebel Alliance."

Before Yaoksi could make some whitty retort Link threw up her arms in mock defeat.

"Hey, even I can make all this stuff up. Terrin's should be checking on Galen and the Jedi, so unless your to tired want to head back. Or we could just sit here and stare at the stars."

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-22-2012 12:59 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Galen returns from Beyond the Curve of the Lens, in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

...I couldn't even see Kyan; there was nothing but the sight of the room we had been training in, which in turn began to coalesce from nothing into something...

I sat up quickly, my breath caught between my lips, and promptly groaned. My head whirled at a rate outpaced only by my churning stomach; between the two it was all I could do to keep from up-chucking right then and there.

And to make matters worse, I couldn't remember a thing about whatever it was I had just experienced. Not one image, not so much as a whisper.

Well... there was something about misty gray... and white light, a light of such brilliance, such magnitude that it seemed somehow to put stars to shame...

I lurched to my hands and knees then, and without any further ado did in fact proceed to lose what small contents my stomach had been entertaining within itself.

Some Jedi I was going to make--!

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 75.107.96.58
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 03-22-2012 01:13 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
There was nothing more I wanted to do at that moment than just sit there, letting Time stop in its tracks, and simply drink in the cold splendor of the searing stars. For a few more seconds I allowed myself the privilege, then slung myself from my seat with a sigh.

"Star-gazing is highly over-rated, too," I smiled, giving her shoulder a little squeeze.

"C'mon, kiddo. Let's go tell the others when we're going to hit Mandalorian space. Hopefully our resident Mandalorian is done with Mrs. Danner before we revert to realspace; we're going to look mighty suspicious to them otherwise, even if I did plot our reversion several light-hours from their planet.

"And you can tell me a bit more about this Rebel Alliance scheme you've cooked up."

The smile on my face started to grow, but suddenly straightened as my lips pursed in thoughtfulness.

Maybe the kid had an idea at that...

[ 03-22-2012 01:22 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 75.105.32.39
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 03-22-2012 01:23 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Kyan arrives from Beyond the Curve of a Lens, in the "CWSU" forum)))

Sheb... this won't be pretty.

Kyan was right on with that thought while Galen's return was "gentle" Kyan's was anything but. He wasn't so much placed back into the proper timeline as violently thrown into it and the bulkhead of the cargo hold. There probably would have been more physical damage but luckily for him he was in full Mandalorian armor, so it was the equivalent of falling down a flight of stairs. A really long set of stairs.

"Gal'ika are you there," called out Kyan.

His only response he heard back from his now crumpled position on the floor was labored breathing and the sound of Galen throwing up onto the deck.

"Lets add that to the list of things not to teach you. Or for me to ever try again."

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-22-2012 01:37 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan's voice came to me as if from a great distance. With some effort, I focused upon it, and finally what at first sounded like the buzzing of gleeberflies dissolved into sensible speech.

I waved a hand somewhat ineffectually, hacking and coughing and gagging all the while. At length I managed to spit, and draw in a great, shuddery breath.

"N-no, tha's al- alright," I choked out, using the other hand to push upon the floor until I was sitting on my heels. My stomach lurched, but after great, jaw-clenching effort on my part settled down into a milder form of roiling. At length I ventured to call out; my vision was still dark, and I couldn't see very much.

"Oh Khaandon, I think I need to find the head," was all I could gasp, followed by a somewhat saner, "...and no. Don't stop. I learned... I learned... dammit, there was something, something important..."

I threw back my head, squinted upward toward the ceiling that vaulted over my head, a ceiling that I could not as yet make out. Then with a little whimper, I did something I've never done in my entire life.

I didn't even feel the impact of my body as it hit the deck, as everything around me dissolved into a velvet black that was deeper than space itself.

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 99.196.64.57
Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 03-22-2012 10:06 AM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Message incoming from Event Horizon in this same forum, thank you.)))

Terrin; change in plans here. We need to talk. Headed for Nkllon here and trying to get back in contact with you ASAP. Are you still enroute to K'eel Doba?

Leaving his message at that, knowing Terrin would respond soon, Jasyn sent it on its way across the secured channel and refocused his attention on following K'kihl to where Graysith and the Master were talking about Fates knew what.

[ 03-22-2012 10:06 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 03-22-2012 10:34 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin had to admit, it had been way too long since Galen and Kyan had gone back. He was in the process of getting to his feet and heading back towards the cargo hold where they were when his commlink went off, indicating an incoming message.

A text and not a voice message? How odd...

Figuring he coud spare the brief moment, Terrin accepted the message and read through its brief content. As he did, he frowned.

Nkllon? What the kriffing hell was Jasyn doing heading towards Nkllon? And what was so important he wanted to talk, but then didn't elaborate?

Terrin figured he could get to the bottom of all this later, for the moment settling on at least updating Jasyn as to where the were headed. And it was most certainly not K'eel Doba.

Not headed towards K'eel Doba any longer; headed for Mandalore, to hopefully make alliances with others.

Terrin paused. Yeah, others who were not Sith, for once.

Thinking we might need to start spreading our wings, and relying on the Sith a little less. I'll keep you posted. Have you found Graysith?

Finishing the typed messasge, Terrin pressed the send button, knowing his thoughts would be transmitted along a secured frequency. Then he headed for the cargo hold, where the door remained closed. For a moment, he hesitated to interrupt...

...but something told him that just maybe he should.

"Galen? Kyan?" he called. No response...

...or at least, no verbal response. Terrin thought he could hear some creaking noises on the other side of the door, but they were distant and indiscernable.

"Galen?" he repeated, waiting again.

Nothing. And that did it. Without thinking any further, Terrin reached out to the controls that opened and closed the cargo bay door, and released them. The door slid obligingly open, revealing Kyan, half-laying, half-sitting on the ground, seemingly struggling to get his bearings and get back upright. On the other side of the hold was Galen, crumpled on the floor and motionless, her eyes closed and her face pale. As the Jedi began to sit up, Terrin rushed to her side, concern flooding into him.

"What happened?" he asked, quickly assessing that Galen was in fact breathing, and that her heartbeat was steady. Somewhat relieved by that--but not that much--Terrin turned to regard the Jedi who was yet struggling, but beginning to manage, to sit up.

(((OCC: Message sent off to Jasyn in Event Horizon in this same forum.)))

[ 03-22-2012 10:38 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 03-22-2012 11:38 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Flow walking," grunted Kyan. He forced himself to his feet.

"Short version it's a more accurate method of viewing future events."

Kyan could tell that did little to comfort Terrin, so he made his way over to Galen and knelt down beside her. Taking his hands he rested them on either side of her face then closing his eyes he began to determine Galen's condition through their Force bond. He could feel Galen's life was still very strong and not in danger through the Force, she was extremely exhausted from over use of her Force powers.

"From what I can tell Gal'ika should be fine in a couple of hours maybe a day or two. She's not use to channeling that much power through the Force yet."

Satisfied that Galen should be fine Kyan then allowed his attention to focus on his own state. He found himself to be burnt out as if he had aged 5 years from using Galen's powers. Removing his helmet he stared into the T visor at his reflection and found that he looked like he aged 5 years, whether the effect was temporary or permanent he did not know yet. More importantly he felt through the Force the damage from using Galen's powers.

Wait through the Force.

It was faint very faint, but Kyan for the first time could feel the Force around him. Not to any degree he could manipulate but either using Galen's powers restored a portion of his own or her All abilities he felt seemed to have an effect on his through his Force bond. The though of which scared him a little because now he understood the reverence gave to the All if her unconscious abilities could do something like restore a portion of his abilities.

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 209.170.255.14

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e