my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » The Doctor Is In   » Lightening The Spirit (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Lightening The Spirit
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-25-2003 12:47 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, I got this joke today, and had to share it. (I apologize for any possible offense it might carry, none is intended and we are talking about an exchange rate. Dang that inflated dollar anyway...!)

The Canadian Government has decided to assist the USA in the war against terrorism. They have agreed to send:

2 Large Fleet Support Destroyers
6,000 ground troops
26 Jet fighter/bombers

Of course, after the exchange rate the USA will receive:

1 Canoe
2 Mounties
12 Flying Squirrels

[ 02-25-2003 12:48 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-25-2003 01:18 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wait a minute, they can't afford that canoe... I think it's just on loan...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.162.18
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-25-2003 02:09 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yes they can afford the canoe. They are not stupid. They're keeping the ski-planes!

Loves Canada; always has, always will -- think I said that once, somewhere....

[ 02-25-2003 02:11 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-25-2003 07:42 PM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HEY... I thought you knew that we made our own CANOES up here!!! We carve them out of the 10 foot round trees that surround out IGLOO's!!! We have no knifes or saws, we have to use BEAVERS ans sharpened rocks!!!! LOL

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-25-2003 10:56 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehehe...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.104.9
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-25-2003 11:09 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, you can't fool me....

I KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE IGLOOS!

You have those furhide-covered teepees....

((Btw... ours are denuded of fur...!))

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-25-2003 11:28 PM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I done up and see'd one of d'em motorcars today. It was goin' way too fast for me dawg's to keep up to with... AW-HUUCK

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-25-2003 11:39 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seeeee???

You should have gotten them all those itty bitty doggy snowshoes, and then you wouldn't have had any problem whatsoever. Er, the studded ones, for ice....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-26-2003 06:28 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, for those of you who like to lighten your spirits by collecting odd bits of trivia, here ya go:

Butterflies taste with their feet.

A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's nuclear weapons combined.

On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year.

On average people fear spiders more than they do death.

Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.

Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.

Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.

It's possible to lead a cow upstairs ... but not downstairs.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.

The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

A snail can sleep for three years..

No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."

Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.

Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing. SCARY!!!

The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

All polar bears are left-handed.

In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

"Go," is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.

A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

Almost everyone who reads this will try to lick their elbow....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-26-2003 06:45 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Spiders?

*hurt arm before even reading part about everyone trying to lick elbow...

I knew about that cow/stairs thing, but 35% are married??

I do disagree about one thing...

that major league baseball life span is not correct... it might have been that years ago, but with the strikeouts of today... no way...

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.188
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 02-26-2003 11:24 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Graysith:

On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year.

Now that's just disturbing!

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.170
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 02-26-2003 11:27 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me? Try to lick my elbow? *looks as innocent as possible and fails*

And how precisely do you choke on a ballpoint pen?

Spiders...

*runs and hides*

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.104.9
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-27-2003 12:30 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, lordy I've seen that one. It's those bic pens, with the little thingy in the top end. Kids gnaw on the damn things like little beavers, until that end thingy comes out (and sure as khaandon made lil green worrts they explode ink all over in the process, sheesh!) then they gnaw on that.

I bet that's what they're choking on. HAS to be.

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 02-28-2003 08:10 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhhh pen chewing. I have seen that for sure...

--------------------

Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 03-03-2003 07:49 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very interesting facts GS!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-11-2003 12:25 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here are some tidbits to lighten your day:

Q. How do you catch a Unique Bird? A. Unique up on it!

Q. How do you catch a tame bird? A. Tame way, Unique up on it!

Q. How do crazy people go through the forest? A. They take the psycho path!

Q. How do you get Holy Water? A. You boil the Hell out of it!

Q. What do fish say when they hit a concrete wall? A. Dam!

Q. What do Eskimos get from sitting on the ice to long? A. Polaroids!

Q. What do you call a Boomerang that doesn't work? A. A stick!

Q. What do you call cheese that isn't yours? A. Nacho cheese!

Q. What do you call Santa's helpers? A. Subordinate Clauses!

Q. What do you call 4 bullfighters in quicksand? A. Quattro Sinko!

Q. What do you get from a pampered cow? A. Spoiled milk!

Q. What do you get when you cross a snowman with a Vampire? A. frostbite!

Q. What lies at the bottom of the ocean and twitches? A. A nervous wreck!

Q. What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup? A. Anyone can roast beef!

Q. Where do you find a dog with no legs? A. Right where you left him!

Q. Why do Gorillas have big nostrils? A. Because they have big fingers!

Q. Why don't blind people like to skydive? A. Because it scares the dog!

Q. What kind of coffee was served on the Titanic? A. Sanka!

Q. Why did Pilgrims pants fall down? A. They wore their belt buckles on their hats!

Q. What's the difference between a bad golfer and a bad skydiver? A bag golfer goes, whack-dang. A bad skydiver goes dang-whack!

Q. How are a Texas tornado and a Tennessee Divorce the same? A. Somebody's gonna lose a trailer!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 03-11-2003 02:15 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't mind me, just 5 posts away from the big 1,000...

Also, Gray's post count is also my birth year(1984)...

Thank you, that is all...

[ 03-11-2003 02:18 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.163.30
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 03-11-2003 11:57 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't wait to get to 1000 posts... I'm up to 100 with arogers1102, but I'm only going to use DASH from now on. So ADMIN, if you want to delete the arogers1102 account... GO FOR IT!

Did you know that ESKIMO's wash thier face with FRESH URINE? It is the only form of warm water they have!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-12-2003 10:37 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Two Robins were sitting in a tree.

"I'm really hungry," said the first one. "lets fly down and find some lunch."

They flew down to the ground and found a nice plot of newly plowed ground that was full of worms. They ate and ate till they could eat no more.

"I'm so full, I don't think I can fly back up into that tree," said the first one.

"Let's just lay back here and bask in the warm sun," said the second.

"O K," said the first.

So they plopped down, basking in the sun. No sooner than they had fallen asleep, when a big fat tomcat up and gobbled them up.

As the cat sat washing his face after his meal, he thought…

(ready)

(You're gonna like this one)

"I just love Baskin Robins."

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 03-17-2003 10:10 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, but where ar the other 29 flavours???

Bush and his secretay of defense were in a bar, Bush say's to the bartener. "I'm gonna send over a huge NUKE to Iraq, killing all of the IRAQI army, and one BIG-BREASTED BLONDE."

The Bartender responded "Why would you kill the BLONDE with big BOOBS?!?"

Bush nudged his secretayies arm, and said "See... I told you noone would care about the 35,000 IRAQI troops!"

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 03-25-2003 09:11 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's a good laugh:

Morning Coffee

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.77
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-18-2003 12:09 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, this one is too too funny. It's entitled, "Why Parents Have Gray Hair"

The boss of a big company needed to call one of his employees about an urgent problem with one of the main computers.

He dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whispered, "Hello?"

Feeling put out at the inconvenience of having to talk to a youngster, the boss asked, "Is your Daddy home?"

"Yes," whispered the small voice.

"May I talk with him?" the man asked.

To the surprise of the boss, the small voice whispered, "No."

Wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy there?"

"Yes," came the answer.

"May I talk with her?"

Again the small voice whispered, "No."

Knowing that it was not likely that a young child would be left home alone, the boss decided he would just leave a message with the person who should be there watching over the child.

"Is there anyone else there in your house?" the boss asked the child.

"Yes," whispered the child, "a policeman."

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the Boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?"

"No, he's busy," whispered the child.

"Busy doing what?" asked the boss.

"Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the fireman," came the whispered answer.

Growing concerned and even worried as he heard what sounded like a helicopter through the ear piece on the phone, the boss asked, "What is that noise?"

"A hello-copper," answered the whispering voice.

"What is going on there?" asked the boss, now very alarmed.

In an awed hushed voice the child answered, "The search team just landed the hello-copper."

Alarmed, concerned and more than just a little frustrated the boss asked, "What are they searching for?"

Still whispering, the young voice replied, along with a muffled giggle:

"Me."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.166
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 04-27-2003 02:19 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heheheh...

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.154.225.141
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 05-29-2003 05:49 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Subject: Math

WHAT MAKES 100%
From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like this:

What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?
Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?
We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.
How about achieving 103%?
Here's a little mathematical formula! that might help you answer these questions:
What makes up 100% in life?

IF:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

is represented as:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

THEN

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K

8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

AND

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E

11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

BUT

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

1+20+20+9+20+21+4 5 = 100%

AND

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND
Look how far ass kissing will take you.

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G

1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can then conclude with mathematical certainty that:
while Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, And, Attitude will get you there,
Bullshit and Ass kissing will put you over the top!

P.S. Sorry about the language, but the joke doesn't work with the clean version.

[ 05-29-2003 11:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-29-2003 11:18 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I LOVE it!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

And the funny thing is, it's just so true!

Oh yes, FYI to everyone: I didn't edit Dash's post. I went into it to copy it so I could email it to friends, heh.

[ 05-29-2003 11:27 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05