my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Dwelling where others once forgot. (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Dwelling where others once forgot.
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-18-2002 10:30 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu sat finishing his meal, looking over at his companion who was likewise doing the same, smiling to himself and patting his stomach. "That was great Ghrr... Your the best..."

He smiled before turning his head suddenly as he... Felt... something familiar... his dad was approuching!

He stood slowly and turned to his father, bowing his head in a respectful manor "Good morning daddy...."

his wide, curious eyes then came up to lock upon the shining pair of his fathers, whiched seemed to be filled almost...tears?

Yet, he felt only a sincier pride rising in his fathers pressence, so he was sure he wasnt in trouble...

His father just looked at him before speaking "it is time my son, let us prepare..."

Jharu nodded and turned to ghrr

"you ready Ghrr? Lets go..."

He smiled brightly as he followed his father from the jungle and soon into the temple, and into another little room, filled with many assorted articals of clothing. His father just nodded to him and stepped out of the room, leaving him with the words "when you are ready, seek me out..."

Jharu nodded to himself and looked about the little dressing room...

He sighed to himself, "what am i supposed to where... I dont know anything about ceremonies... Hmmm..."

He closed his eyes and let himself think, and as he did an image of a sith dressed extravogently in a strange robe, wielding a sword, came to mind. "AHA! of course! the book!"

His smile brightened and he looked about beffor picking out an item...

He examined it and nodded to himself before changing into it and laughing to himself... "Perfect!"

He was now dressed within an extravogent robe, it was for the most part white, but no ordinary white, it was a white so pure it was as if all darkness simply did not exist in its pressence... Yet at the same time it did... Sketched upon the edges of the sleeves were black, depthless runes, and about his waist was wrapped the most pure form of midnight one could ever hope to encounter, flowing down in the same style as did his fathers,

"meant to hide a sword..." he thought to himself as he noted its long flowing overhang...

Upon that sash were markings etched in a blood red color...

He continued to gaze in the mirrior, before finaly he smiled even brighter, and reached back to pull his somewhat long hair into submission, and he began to braid...

Again he examined himself... now his appearance was complete, with his hair hanging in a small, tight braid down his backside, the end of which was just above his lower back...

He nodded and began to exit the room, before stopping and looking down at his companion. "Hmm..."

He smiled and returned fully to the room and picked out a small head crown, one which held a dazzeling emerald stone upon it, he then kneeled and placed the crown upon his companions head. "there you are, This is a ceremony after all..."
He gave her a brief little hug then, before standing and turning away. "well... I supose we should be on hour way..."

He then began to walk, not sure of where he was going, but somehow just knowing where it is his father was... but then, he usualy could find his parants, perhaps it was just a part of his childish nature that would not die...

Soon he was in front of his father, who nodded to him before speaking "now my son, let us go off, and find your mother..."

Jharu nodded, and soon they were off...

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.197
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-19-2002 12:08 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith managed to suppress her worry and trepidation more and more with each step she took back to the temple, until when she finally came upon the broad steps leading up to the large encompassing courtyard she was once again the picture of serenity. She climbed the steps, making her way across the courtyard, and disappeared inside, where she quickly retraced her path to the chambers she had left only short moments before. There she attired herself in the shimmering dress of Lord Recinis's choosing, taking care that her hair was well maintained and glistening beneath the artfully placed headress she had added to the ensemble. Her final move was to gently slide the Tooth of S'slan into the ornate sheath she had discovered; they mated as if made for each other... which indeed they had been. As she left the chambers, she couldn't help but wonder what Sith had designed the Tooth; had it been Dark Lord Rean, or another before him?

She shrugged the question from her mind, and merely continued down the twists and turns of the myriad corridors which snaked through this magnificent Temple of the Sith. She at first had no inkling as where to go; then she smiled to herself, half-lidded her eyes, and let her feet carry her. It was as if the choosing was hers to make: where the son and heir of Q'utaro would begin his ceremony. And thus she came at last to a room which, although she had never been within this particular temple before in her life, was uncannily familiar.

She strode within it's echoing stone walls, walls which spread out from the doorway to disappear into the shadows beyond. Now her eyes closed as of their own accord her feet carried a precise number of steps, so, until she came to a sudden halt. Her arms rose with her lids, and a circle of pure white candles flared into existence on the stone floor in front of her.

Flanked by two blood-red ones which stood on great pedestals, she folded her hands afront her, and merely waited for the arrival of her husband and her son.

[ 11-19-2002 12:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-19-2002 10:05 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis guided his son into the room where Jharmeen awaited them...

He smiled at her and approuched in quiet dignity, taking her own hands up in his he turned to face thier son, eyes shining down in silent pride at the strong boy whom was of his blood...

His smile grew slightly as his son respectfully kneeled before his parants, without being told to...

Recinis then approuched, standing tall before his son.

"Of my blood you are... By this, Your name is Q'utaro... Rise now my son..."

as his son rose he placed his arms upon the boys shoulders gently.

"A strength that has remained pure for thousands of years flows through your blood... Today that purity has a chance to continue on in glory, or fall to the shadows of memory... You now most show that you are as strong as we know you are... For your strength means nothing my son, Unless you learn of the universe, and learn to what your strength compares..."

He then guided his son upwards to candle-lit alter.

"my son... You are asked now to find your aunt... this is the quest that will grant you your title as hier..."

He turned away then, glancing at a large simbol emblazened upon the wall. "But no this, your quest is not truly complete untill you understand what it is you will ascend to, and what your responsibilites will be... These things are not judged by anyone but yourself, and so my son, you can not cheat this field, if indeed you ever would want to..."

He then turned to his son and took the boys wrist. "now, knowing what you have heard, are you prepared to take upon you the full strength of q'utaro?"

his son merly nodded, and withotu another word recinis claws sunk deeply into the boys wrist, to trace a symbol of ascension upon his wrist...

he then turned to jharmeen, nodding to her, and taking up the tooth of s'slan from her hip... He examined the blade for a moment before slashing his wrist, and handed it back to graysith, nodding that she do the same...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.202
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 11-19-2002 10:48 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Some insistent buzzing sound interrupted Terrin’s drift from life and reality into the depths of sleep. For several minutes he simply floated between consciousness and unconsciousness, making no effort determine if the source of the buzz was internal or something else entirely. After a while he began to discern that there were in fact two noises; that of the buzz in his head he’d been hearing all along and something else near him. It sounded like...like...

...SINGING?

Terrin began working on cracking an eye open. This feat would probably take a minute or so to accomplish; he never responded well after taking to drinking and as a result tried to avoid it as much as possible. He made mental note to avoid it more often; after all, he was hearing...

...SINGING?

This had to be a delusion of sorts. Who the kriffing hell would be singing here?

He finally peeped an eye open, glad to find that the Universe wasn’t really spinning all that much; rather it was somewhat vague and distorted. And in Terrin’s distorted line of sight sat Jasyn, brandy bottle in hand, singing to himself and swaying, totally oblvious to anything around him. He was clearly just a little beyond simple intoxication.

Good grief. How MUCH of that stuff had Jasyn drunk?

Forcing the other eye open, Terrin glanced down at his new blurry attire. He grimaced to see the robe there on him, but was rather thankful to get out of that dispicable prison uniform, which might have walked away on its own for the length of time it’d been on his body. Terrin scowled at the thought then stood, managing to defeat the lingering desire to simply lay there and wait for the hangover to pass due to the concerns still heavy on his heart.

Jasyn continued to sing:

99 bottles of brandy on the wall,
99 bottles of brandy...
Take one down, pass it around,
96 bottles of brandy on the wall...

Terrin looked in Jasyn’s general direction and rolled his eyes. “You gonna sit there and sing to yourself? I’m gonna go find the others.”

Jasyn glanced up at Terrin. “Uh-huh,” he muttered, then looked down, returning to his singing. Terrin rolled his eyes again, shaking his head and turning to go. Where he was headed exactly, he couldn’t say, but he sure hoped he’d find the others soon, cause he sure knew what he wanted to do now after a little drink and sleep.

Galen had drawn up into a little shell of herself when ShaRhylla had taken Darra before, there was no telling what seeing Ankrist Roan yank her child had done to her. Suddenly it was so very urgent that he get to her...

[ 11-19-2002 10:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.87
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-19-2002 11:48 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith accepted the Tooth from her husband with a solemn nod of her head, and for the barest fraction of a moment merely looked upon its deadly beauty, there in her hand. Then before her husband's blood had a chance to begin drying upon the blade she inverted it. Making certain to bend her hand backwards rather than forwards, she slashed it's razor sharp point quickly and cleanly across the flawless skin of her left wrist.

It cut deeply, not enough to strike anything vital, but deep enough that the purity of the deeply running blood would spring forth.

Holding the Tooth now in her right hand, she extended her left, wrist up, toward Recinis and waited for the next duty she would have to perform, her blood slowly welling up to drip onto the cold stones at her feet.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-20-2002 12:38 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis guided Jharmeen to there son, and then commenced to pressing there wrists together… When all wrists had been joined as one, Recinis smiled and wiped the blood away from jharus wrist with a small cloth, revealing a beautifully designed tattoo symbolizing jharu’s blood…

He then dipped his claw within his blood, and jharmeen’s blood, and commenced to trance a small rune into their sons forhead… The blood was seemingly absorbed into there sons being but a second later, and recinis smiled.

“now my son, You are linked with us eternally… when ever you should feel the absolute need, you will be able to contact us…”

He smiled and hugged his son close for a moment, before stepping, and placing the sapphire stoned necklace about his sons neck… “Were this stone my son, For it is a reminder of home… It shows that home is always with you, around your neck, and within your heart…”

He then smiled and hugged his son again, pulling jharmeen into the embrace this time as well…

Before stepping back and bowing his head in acknowledgment of his sons claiming the title of “heir of the warrior clan”

He then turned to jharmeen “now Jharmeen, We must help him find his way… what meens of transportation may we provide him?”

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.105
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-20-2002 12:44 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The smile on her lips was for Recinis, even though her eyes never left the beauty that was the image of their son. Then the solemnity of the path Jharu had to traverse struck her once again, and the smile faded a bit. She tightened her grip about her son's shoulders, then stepped back and held him at arm's length.

"Why, my dear Lord, how needlessly you ask this thing. Of course our son will have none other than my own Chosen One to speed him along and keep him safe in his journey ahead."

[ 11-20-2002 12:45 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-20-2002 12:19 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
At length discovering that he hadn't a clue where Graysith or Lord Recinis had gone, or if in fact they were even in the Temple, Terrin decided to go back to one of the only two places in this Temple he knew well enough to find. Heading for the Dining Hall, hoping someone would return there soon so he could speak with them, he took up a plate and filled it with food, but found he wasn't all that hungry. What he was, in fact, was nothing more than completely worried. Worried about Galen's welfare. Horrified that Darra had been taken from her, probably in much the same manner that Galen had been taken from him on Khar Delba...

...purple flames, and an evil, demonic voice echoing through their tent to confirm the worst...

"A child...for a child!"

Roan hadn't known what was in store for him at that point, not completely aware of Darra's abilities or of the strength of the link between mother and daughter. How wrong he had been, thinking he was powerful enough to break through the bonds of that very link.

But he'd learned from that experience now, hadn't he...? Somehow Terrin was almost certain Roan had popped in, taken Darra, and left Galen to simply know that she was gone, leaving her to horrible despair.

Gloating and reveling in other's utter pain seemed to be a family trait, Terrin thought darkly.

Shoving a barely-eaten plate of food away, Terrin began to pace then turned back towards the doorway into the corridors of the Temple, an urgency in the depths of his eyes that mirrored the one in his heart.

[ 11-20-2002 12:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.87
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-20-2002 09:55 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis nodded to her in agreement. "Then let us be on out way..."

He smiled brightly as he took his family up in his wake, pulling them both close to him as he guided them outward to a small platform where the sith warship sat quietly, as though waiting...

Recinis then looked down at them both, hugging his son one last time before stepping back and nodding to his wife. "I believe it is you who is most knowledgable about the wonders of the ship he shall pilot... I believe to this is one of the first of many lessons he shall come to know from you... So go now my dear Jharmeen... And relish the time with your son... teach him well..."

Recinis smiled and nodded, indicating that his part in the scheme of things had finished... though he would indeed have loved to stay close while the boy was tought these lessons, he knew it was not his place... as jharmeen had stayed respectfully distant durring recinis' own lessons...

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.185
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-21-2002 04:48 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After much seeking and searching throughout the Temple, Terrin finally came to the conclusion that either he wasn't looking in the right places, or he and Jasyn were in fact the only people inside. As he walked through certain corridors Terrin could hear the sounds of Jasyn's singing bouncing off the walls. He smiled to himself momentarily, then sobered.

Let him enjoy it, he thought. Wasn't like Imperial prison was a walk in the park...

Still feeling restless and worried, Terrin decided to take a walk outside; after all, it had been a while since he'd even been outside. Not to mention the little fact that small and confined places, at the moment, were more than a little bit disconcerting. So, stepping outside into the warmth of the sun, Terrin ambled along the pathways of the Sith city, noticing that some of the architectural structures were remeniscent of those in Prinn'chatka while others were completely different. The city, as Graysith had mentioned to him earlier, was much smaller than the Sith capital, and it took far less time to see all the sites.

That didn't make it any less gradiose, however. Just different and perhaps a little less technologically advanced, though Terrin wouldn't call himself an expert on Sith technology. As he continued to wander, Terrin did finally manage to find someone in the streets of the city however: Lord Recinis, Graysith, and...???

Maybe he still hadn't gotten enough rest. Could this really be...?

Terrin shoved that question aside, figuring the answer to it would come soon enough. He nodded respectfully to the others, then addressed Lord Recinis directly. "Please accept my apologies for my anger earlier. The news..." he hesitated a moment, "...was quite a shock."

Ok, that was an understatement.

Then he let his gaze sweep over the threesome. "I hope you would grant my request to go to Galen,” he continued. “She might be physically fine, but I know how losing Darra has affected her in the past; she’ll need all the help and support she can get to face this. And although she may not desire to be here with me, I know that she wants Darra be taken from Roan and, as Lord Recinis has mentioned, it would be a great danger for any of us to seek Darra out on our own.”

At that he quieted, simply waiting to see what anyone might reply.

[ 11-21-2002 04:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-21-2002 11:14 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis looked at terrin for a moment and nodded slowly.

"Your earlier actions are forgiven... I trust you have rested... As for looking for Galen, it is no longer my descission to make... Im afraid a 'recovery' has already been assigned to someone... if you wish to go along for the recovery, im afraid it is entirly up to Jharu..."

He nodded at that and took a step back

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.73
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-21-2002 11:44 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu?

Terrin arched an eyebrow for a moment, then looked in the direction of Graysith then to the young-looking Sith with her...

Had to be Jharu. Was this their son? They'd been talking about genetic manipulation...

"Look," he said at length, "All I can say is that Galen may need someone to go to her whom she trusts. It isn't gonna be an easy thing for her to come back here; it wasn't easy for her to come to the Sith the when we were in Prinn'chatka."

With those words he fell silent, waiting to see what reply he would recieve.

--------------------

~~Galen

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-22-2002 12:01 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu looked at the man for a little while, an eyebrow raising in slight amusment, before he shrugged to himself and took a step forward, eyeing the man with curriocity for a moment, taking him in with those wide eyes that were filled with wonder...

"i dont know really... What can you actauly contribute? I dont want to sound over confedent... because to tell you the truth, I dont have a clue how im gonna do this"

his gaze then hardened as his mind shifted slightly into the more mature side of his thinking, were it had of late been staying...

"But truthfully... How is it you can assist me? I dont want anyone endangered without proper need..."

he nodded to himself before looking down at the companion who was obiediantly beside him. "yes, Im fairly certain Ghrr and myself can undertake this quest alone..."

As he continued to peer intently at the man his eyes again softened, and he spoke gently. "your... worried..."

The violet intensity of his eyes seemed to soften even more, as he continued to gaze at the man...

Suddenly he shrugged away his older attitude and simply wrapped his arms about the man and gave him a little hug. "You can come... i wont stop you from helping..."

yet in another second he backed away, and focused his gaze upon the man with renewed intensity. "If you choose to come... You must understand one thing... This quest is mine... declared so by a pact of blood... You will not interfer... Only may you provide assistance where it is needed..."

He then turned back to his mother and nodded, smiling slightly and speaking again. "Ok mommy... What do i have to know?"

He smiled and ran over to her, eyes bright.

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.73
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-22-2002 12:43 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith gave Terrin an unfathomable look.

"I hope you are fully aware of the honor just bestowed upon you, Captain," she said at length before dismissing him altogether by turning to Jharu. Placing her hand about his shoulder, she led him gently away in the direction of the landing pad where the Sith warship awaited. Once there she activated the hatch by awakening that great ship's cyberbionic brain with a mystical wave of her hand, and in but moments more had gained entry and led her son to the hangar bay where Chosen One waited in quiet sleep.

"Watch carefully, my son," she whispered, then making the same rune in the air as she had before, only in a slower movement. The hatch to her fighter promptly opened; Graysith smiled at Jharu's eagerness to board her, but restrained him by a hand on his shoulder.

"Watch," she repeated, then made another rune in the air. The hatch slid obediently closed. She then repeated the gestures twice more, finally allowing Jharu to open the door by himself. Her son's enthusiastic grin leading the way, they entered Chosen One and closed the hatch behind them.

Graysith now turned to Jharu, placing her hands on both her son's shoulders, her violet eyes searching earnestly into his own.

"None but the Sith shall know how to operate this vessel," she said softly, letting her lips purse as the thought of her Adept operating such a ship flashed through her mind.

Not any longer....

Putting away all suggestions of pain and... something else that thought might have evoked in her, she proceeded to show Jharu the mysterious glyphs and runes and sigils on the navigation board. After she was certain that he understood them all, she proceeded to lecture him as to the ships four primary assets: it's protonic skin, which would absorb ion cannon; its ability to ignore the effects of inertia and thus undertake high-speed vector changes and accelerations; the cascading effect of the strange energy beam, which would induce a sort of flashed "radiation sickness" in any matter, disrupting its molecular bonds and literally dissociating whatever it struck into its component atoms; and the cyberbionic brain, which was quasi-sentient and could "out-think" the maneuvers of an enemy by predicting where and what they would do, and beating them to the punch. She ended by showing him the form-fitting flightsuit, with the light-bending device implanted at its waist, explaining that the generation of this field from the pilot would more than encompass the little fighter if stealth was needed.

When she was certain he understood everything, she nodded.

"And now, Jharu; if you would open the hatch, I shall depart for the bridge of the warship, that I might take you and Ghrr and-- and the captain into space, that you might start out on your glorious quest."

She stood quietly... but only for a moment. Then, unable to keep back any longer, she threw out her arms and pulled him down to her in a great embrace, kissing the top of his head and murmuring into his shock of hair, gripping him tightly as though she somehow expected not to ever see him again.

[ 11-22-2002 12:56 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-22-2002 11:12 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a long moment Terrin stood quiet, admittedly somewhat unnerved by all that was occurring, even more unnerved by the look Graysith had just sent in his direction before departing into the warship with her son. The fact that there didn't seem to be any solid plans regarding finding Galen didn't help ease his concerns either; still Terrin knew he was going to have to do his best to keep his mouth shut and let Jharu take the lead. After all, he was an All-user. Even so, it wasn't particularly easy for a guy who was generally "in charge" to sit back and let someone else call the shots; Terrin hadn't become a Captain and co-owner of Eagle Enterprises just by sitting around and looking pretty.

After another quiet moment Terrin turned to regard Lord Recinis a final time, nodding once more in respect to him. Then, without another word Terrin proceeded into the open hatch of the warship, heading to where he knew the smaller Sith fighter was docked and waiting just outside. He took another glance down at the Sith robe he was still wearing.

Might be nice if someone could provide him something else to wear before they left...

--------------------

~~Galen

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-22-2002 08:21 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu smiled at his mother and nodded... He then mimicked the rune she had showed him ealier, to which the door opened and she exited... And then that guy walked in looking somewhat...distracted...

Jharu looked down at Ghrr and smiled... At least he had one companion he knew he could rely on...

after a moment jharu traced the rune again, causing the door to shut obiediantly behind the man...

Soon he felt a slight vibration about him and he could tell his mother was flying them into space...

A moment later the ship was released, and jharu looked about the controlls before him, he pressed one confedently and bid his fairwell to his mother...
finishing with "I will return shortly mother... I love you..."

Jharu pressed a few buttons on the board, to which a strange map came to be on his screen...

he zoomed in on a certain area of space, which marked his current location with a small sigil...

He looked at the map for a moment, examing the planets he had to choose from in this section...

They said aunt Galen would be far away from here probably... But its best to start in the begining... Especialy when you dont know anything about the universe...

So where to go? 3 planets to choose from... Khar delba, K'eel doba, Korriban... Mom said there was a shield around Khar delba in one of her stories... Korriban or K'eel doba...

Korriban is closer... But doesnt Lord Aelv...ael....aelvedar? doesnt he live on K'eel doba... Maybe he could help!

Hmmm... Mom said something about demons didnt she? Hmm... Demons... Wouldnt that be a fun adventure?

His face grew into a little grin as he looked down to Ghrr... "What do you think... Can we handle a few demons?"

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.168
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-24-2002 02:22 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin couldn't help but frown at Jharu's question to the creature beside him.

Demons? Like that hell-spawned thing of Roan's?

At that thought a couple of specific yet very vivid memories popped into Terrin's head; neither went very far towards easing the concerns he had regarding Galen or JhinDarra.

His frown deepened even further. Where the kriffing hell were they going anyway? Why would Galen be anywhere near a place with Sith demons of any sort? Unless...

Terrin let the door to that thought slam the moment it began to form. He wasn't ready to face the loneliness that drove it; wasn't ready for the possibility that he could be wrong. So he simply focused on the moment...

...yet he couldn't stop those ever-prodding concerns of his from gaining free reign in his psyche.

So thus he remained in the depths of his own thoughts for quite a length of time as the Sith ship soared on the wings that space gave her, the passage of time totally unbeknownst to him. Minutes or hours later, he finally bothered to ask one simple yet direct question to the teenaged-Sith he found himself traveling with.

"So...where exactly are we going?"

[ 11-24-2002 02:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-24-2002 03:32 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu turned to consider terrin for a moment... his head bobbed slightly as he decided his course of action...

"We're going to the city of Prinn'chatka... Theres this guy i heard about named Alvdrr...err... He's a sorcerer... I think he can help locate aunt galen... And besides... How often is it that a kid has a chance to face a hoard of demons? WHAT A STORY!"

With that he turned as though it were finalized, and tapped in the coordinates... The ship zoomed off, its amazing speeds filling jharu with a sense of excitement...

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.169
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-24-2002 04:17 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
To say Jharu's excitment over facing off a bunch of Sith demons was unnerving to Terrin was one of the understatements of the year.

Let's see what he thinks about the excitement of facing a demon AFTER he experiences it, Terrin thought darkly. Try having one rip your arm off, one steal your child...

...or at least, steal the baby that you THINK is your child...

...and injure people whom you've developed friendships with, who have chosen to willingly risk themselves to assist you...

After a few minutes of consideration, Terrin actually cleared his throat. "Ummm..." he started, "I don't know what Sith demons have to do with Prinn'chatka, but I can tell you they aren't something to dealt with lightly."

He paused, thinking of something else, then added, "Can't you sense where Galen is or something?"

--------------------

~~Galen

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-24-2002 04:27 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu turned and looked at terrin as though he were the stupidest man in the universe. "Can i sense where she is? ive never met her in my life! what do you expect from me? i mean, If i could sense where my aunt was... Do you really believe id be wasting my time going to a city filled with demons? i mean, sure, im out for a little adventure... But im not going to just go do something just because i feel like it, when i have an important task to do..."

Then jharus eyes focused upon terrin intently for a moment, examining him with intent... "hey... Why is it exactly you are so worried about my aunt? your not out to get her are you?"

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.85
GhrrlanDrr

Mate to M'wonBo'o, For Life

Member # 381

posted 11-24-2002 04:42 PM     Profile for GhrrlanDrr   Author's Homepage   Email GhrrlanDrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Throughout their departure from Koris'ian the great lizard-cat had remained loyally at Jharu's side, keeping her immense body pressed tightly against the seat he was in, her face tendrils coiled protectively about his leg. Her eerie pupilless eyes followed the conversation between him and the captain; granted the tuk'ata couldn't understand it, indeed hadn't an inkling as to what a "word" was that carried it.

But she clearly understood the attendant, if momentary, flood of concern and trepidation which flowed from Jharu with his last question to Terrin. Uttering a threatening growl deep in her chest, Ghrr rose to her feet, her hulking frame suddenly taking up entirely too much space inside the uncanny little fighter. She pinned those ghostly eyes of hers directly on Terrin and tensed, as though coiled to spring.

--------------------

For He am I, for all that is, until all that is dies.

Posts: 8 | From: | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-24-2002 05:43 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu continued to examin terrin for a moment, before he reached out and placed a hand gently upon Ghrr's neck to calm her.

"Ok... I dont know why you are worried about my aunt so much... Even my mother wasnt that worried about her... so im gonna keep my eyes on you..."

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.10
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-24-2002 08:38 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin cocked a brow at Jharu and made sure not to make any sudden moves; it didn't appear that would be the wisest of ideas at the moment the way that creature was responding to him. So he quietly answered the boy's question. "Galen is my wife..."

At that he simply trailed and waited to see if anything else further was going to happen as a flash of something akin to sadness flashed in the depths of his eyes.

[ 11-24-2002 08:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-24-2002 09:45 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu looked at terrin blankly for a moment, considering his words, but he did relax slightly at them...

If that guy is married to your aunt... Then that means he's your uncle...

he blinked slowly and shook his head Some uncle, The guy acts like your a freak... if this is your aunts choice in consorts... Then is she really worth rescuing? Hopefully...

As he continued to stare blankly at terrin he felt a slight pang of guilt enter his being...

Now now... You shouldnt judge on appearance, and first glance...

Finaly jharu nodded, apparantly satisfied. "alright then... i guess your aloud to be worried..."

He then turned away and shrugged, putting his attention to the navigational board before him, running over a few things his mother had said, making sure he had them all put to heart... This guy may be my uncle... But he's not getting my trust that easily...

he let his eyes then close as he entered a relaxed state...

Sometime Later

The ship slowed slightly as a little allarm came to life, bringing jharu from his meditation...

Looking down he hit a few sigils activating the ships natural descent... slowly he put the ship into orbit rather then descending.

"ok... Now how do we do this..."

Muttering to himself he ran through a few screens the ship had brought to his attention...

[ 11-24-2002 09:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jharu ]

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.81
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-25-2002 12:11 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOCPlease follow jharu to "end of the hunt" in the jedi prax/sith temp, thanks))

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.81

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e