my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Dwelling where others once forgot. (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Dwelling where others once forgot.
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-05-2002 01:10 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith couldn't help drawing back a bit in consternation as Recinis's suggestion struck her. She frowned, now beginning to walk away from where he stood, going to a nearby tree and halting before it. For a moment she remained in front of that tree, reaching out to run her hand lightly along its rough bark, now tilting her head as though in contemplation of what secrets that bark might hold.

A simple tree: sturdy, strong, yet able to bend before all but the most tornadic of winds, and thus preserve itself from breaking even as its bark preserved the ongoing mysteries beneath its rugged surface. Would their son prove as resilient as this tree, and would his abilities prove as protective a measure for him as was this bark beneath her fingers?

She turned round, laying her hands behind her and leaned back against the tree. Its bark prickled against the silky material of her dress, poking a bit into her back to both scratch and cool her skin. She took in a deep breath.

"My dear Lord," she finally began. "Is-- is it necessary that our son face this alone? Recall he is barely beyond childhood, has not in fact yet learned of the normal passage into adolescence simply by the fact that he has not lived it yet. Thus although I know there are great abilities within him, I cannot help but wonder if he is able to grasp and thus utilize those abilities fully.

"Recall too, my husband, exactly which child he is... No mere result of Sith union, he indeed has a true destiny to fulfill. He is bound, with another, to the Valley of the Lords at Korriban; dare we risk his life in so seemingly reckless a manner?"

She paused a moment in thought. Shayla had not contacted her through their Link for some time now; assuming that her Adept wished to maintain her privacy, the Chosen Daughter had not questioned nor attempted to contact her in turn. But this was not like Shayla to remain so silent for so long; even though Jharu had All potential within him, did she want to have him test it against the possibility of facing something which would cause danger or threat to a user of the Force?

Taking a deep breath, she asked as much of her Lord, then fell silent, tilting her face down so that her hair fell down about and hid it from Recinis's view. For she loved him that much that it was painful to her to raise even the smallest question before his will, even though her heart and mind told her she had justifiable reason to do so. Thus she stood against the tree, letting the breezes of the garden ruffle her hair, and bring the scents of life into her nostrils, trembling deep in her heart to think what their son might have to face... when suddenly, from nowhere, the all-too silent Link she shared with her Adept flared into life. As though from a great distance words came flowing into her being:

I miss you all so very much. I wish to return to your side as Sister and Adept so that I may assist you in whatever way possible... if you will still have me....

A little grin flashed into life on her face, changing it from worry about Jharu's safety and consternation over Shayla's ominous quiet to shining happiness.

"My Lord!" she burst forth. "Even as I now await your reply, Shayla has made contact with me. It seems wherever she is, she is with her fiance and safe.

"Perhaps another quest is therefore in order for our son and heir to the glory that is Q'utaro?"

Falling silent, she now approached her husband, and laid her hands upon Recinis's chest. Letting her fingers play a bit with the rich material of his elegant robes, she just stared up into the dear lines of strong and handsome face, letting her violet eyes widen and seek haven and comfort in the glorious emerald depths of his own.

[ 11-05-2002 04:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-05-2002 06:48 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He nodded slowly, letting his thoughts flow freely for a moment.
Staring simplisticly into the depths of her spectacular eyes...

She is correct... He is not of a proper age for such things... Shayla is fine... What then can be given to your son then? His destiny... To travel with another to korriban... Perhaps... Yes, indeed...

he blinked slowly at the pair of eyes that looked up at him in quiet expectance, a small smile crossing his features.

"What of your sister? there must be two children... Jharu could be off to retrieve his aunt and cousin... Though indeed coruscant is a dangerous place, if she yet remains upon that planet... I feel it would not be to difficult for him to locat her, as his aunt he would hold some ability to search out her blood, and even more so, his cousin... yet then remains, what of peril... As a warrior, he must face some troubles, but i would not place him into such a dangerious situation..."

his eyes became slightly distorted as his thoughts continued to rove, slowly his lips pressed again against her foread, before he unconciously fell away from his love, turnign to look into the forests, and letting his thoughts again reign supreme.
What then? Perhaps a guardian could be assigned to him... or perhaps... Perhaps a segment of his quest could be to find a companion of sorts to assist him... the forest holds many creatures... this will be his first quest, to find an animal which he may bound with, and then to go off to find galen and Darra...

he turned again to view her, and related his idea to his love, pausing afterwards, awaiting her input.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.21
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-05-2002 10:33 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu wandered for sometime through the thick forest, untill he finaly came upon a small stone building.

Within the building, jharu's already wide eye's threatened to fall from there sockets as he viewed the most extrodanery sight he had ever beheld... Books... shelves upon shelves of books!

a small grin came to rest upon his features as he pressed a small button, bathing the almost ancient building in a strange glow...

At random he took a book from the shelf, and placed it upon a sturdy wooden table.
Gently opening the book he gazed within, and was at first startled...

For these books were not written in the normal langauge... His mother had taught him the foundation of reading and writing, but this? this could only be sith... while his father had taught him how to recognize sith simbolze, and learn some of there meanings, he knew this was far beyond what he understood... Yet, his eyes still roamed down the page hungrily, taking in runes and glyphs at an amazign pace, and slowly as he did so, something rose within him... Something special, something quiet... Something completly sith...

And as he did so meanings jumped at him, and it seemed he truly did understand the language he was viewing...

At first he simply seemed to get the gist, and then more became apparant, he began to feel what he was reading... And slowly... As if it was afraid to see the light of day, complete understanding grew within the boy, and his mind was pulled almost fervently into the book he was reading, that little quest for knowledge had turned into an appitite that could not be sadated, he read quickly, page after page, that little bit of sith within him rising higher and higher, taking hold of his curioucity...

The book portrayed the history of the sith... It showed there first rises, it showed leaders names, and grand pictures...

As he turned yet another page, there sat a picture of a grand looking sith, the picture was in full color, extravagently drawn, below the picture was a name... It read "Lord Q'utaro"
he looked at the picture... This was his blood... he was a part of this... Who was it?

he skimmed down a bit untill reading another little title which spoke of a grand heart, the warrior had been known for his grand heart... His grandfather... This man was his grandfather!

He examined the picture for a moment longer, smilling brightly as he did so, before reading yet more of his liniage... He encountered quite a bit about his grandfather, whom had lead the sith warriors to a new rise in glory, protecting the sith from all invaders...

After a while he stummbled upon another picture, and at this a small upwelling of pride rose within him... the hier to the Q'utaro throne... Recinis Q'utaro... HIS FATHER!

he looked at the picture, it showed his father kneeling before a small alter, wrist extended, as another man traced upon that wrist in blood a little simbol... He had seen that simbol, it was emblazened upon his fathers wrist...

After reading a few more pages, he closed the book... Replacign it upon a shelf before looking about, and choosing yet another to read...

Within the book he now viewed, were many things, it showed a small map of the galexy, depicting as the center a small diamond of 4 plants... Khar delba, Keel Doba, Korriban, and Koris'ian...

Koris'ian, that was the planet which he lived!

He smiled to himself as he turned the page

he read about a few of the planets, learning a some of the traits... As it happened the main strong hold of the sith was on this planet, though they were studieing the newly discovered planet Keel doba, and were planning on moving there as soon as the triad deemed it to be done...

he replaced the book and looked about for yet another, his eyes finaly fell upon a large book... No, it was more of a tome of sorts, it was marked with intricate runes and sigels on all edges.

He opened the book curiously, and was somewhat shocked at what he found... it was a tome filled with sith knowledge... All the knowledge they had collected about the strange magicks which flowed through there blood...

There were descriptions of many usages of that magick... Some showed how one might bring forth light to guide you... Other pages told way's of removing blindness... Some even told way's of creating dark magicks to destroy life...

He unconciously shuddered at the thought... Why would one find a need to destroy life?

But to counter this, there were a few pages describing way's of harnessing that magick to give to life...

Quite suddenly he stumbled upon a strangly simple focusing of sith magick, which showed a way one could actauly... bend the light around your body, making the user somewhat invisible...

he considered it for a moment before standing and attempting it... he took deep breaths, focusing his mind upon a thread of that sith energy within him, feeling it grow about him... it pulsated with his own heart beat... Slowly he felt his body become one with that pulse...

as he looked down at his feet he suddenly realized something... He was no longer casting a shadow... he serprised jolted him and broke his concentration, and quite suddenly, his shadow again returned upon the stone...

Again he concentrated, but this time, nothing happened...

He tried again and again for sometime, but never seemed to be able to do it...

Finaly giving up he closed the book and replaced it, taking out another little book so he might further learn of the sith...

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.118
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-05-2002 11:55 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith smiled at Recinis's suggestions, leaning her head against his chest while she considered how to answer. As she did she couldn't help but think how lucky she was to have found him; for a brief moment a flash of pain shot through her being as she wished she could be better yet for him by being true Sith in blood. Then her smile grew crooked as on the heels of that desire came the knowledge of how irrelevant it really was. What was of importance was the melding of their minds and hearts into one totality; Sith or not, she was the one who best fulfilled him, and he her.

She sighed happily, then finally spoke.

"I think it would be wonderful for Jharu to find my sister and my niece. I fear for her; I never did approve of her going off with that bounty hunter."

For a moment her eyes darkened dangerously as her thoughts flashed back to the few times she had confronted Sorben Tarnus. In all instances, he had viewed her with the wariness that a herd beast would consider a predator, even though she had once freed both him and Galen from the tender auspices of the one she once called her Dark Heart.

"And yes, my dearest love... a companion for the boy would be ideal. I have my blood-hunt companion, M'wonBo'o, who I would assign to watch over him, but unfortunately he is still beneath the K'eel Doban surface in Phrinnchatka. Perhaps, as this place once orbited Korriban, there are wild tuk'ata here he might find and bond with?"

She fell silent with that musing, now pulling back to place her hands against his chest once again, the fingers of one hand idly toying with the front of his robes yet in a manner that was playful and mischievous all at the same time.

[ 11-06-2002 12:04 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-06-2002 12:16 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis nodded smiling... "Yes, im certain there is a creature of which he may bond..."

He slowly wrapped his arms about her, letting his fingers play upon her back as her own played upon his chest.

he gave her a little kiss. "i believe it is time we prepared."

turned about and headed to a small place where they had before said goodbye to there son, on the way recinis let his mind search out for his son, giving him a little signal as to return...

After a moment of waiting there son came walking over a small hill, smiling brightly, upon seeing his parants, the boy joged the rest of the way, and embraced them both...

recinis looked at him smiling for a moment before speaking solomly.

"my son... Tomorow morning you will embark on a quest to prove yourself as a warrior... Tonight you will spend searching through the jungles, and finding a companion whom will accompany you on your journy... and untill then, i will train you in the use of a sword."

he smiled again, and placed his hand gently on jharus shoulder, "You have learned well what we have had to teach you... Your mother and i are very proud... And we are sure you will have little trouble in the tasks ahead of you... Come now, let us begin your lessons..."

He smiled and gave Jharmeen one more little hug, allowing his son to do the same, before they walked off a bit onto a stone plateform.

Recinis took two sparring "swords" made from a strange wood, handing one to his son, he began instructing him on the basic style of holding a weapon, and of using one as well...

he was indeed not dissapointed, his son learned fast, and soon they had begun actauly sparing, rather then simple instructions.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.118
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-06-2002 12:27 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As they spared jharu did his best to parry and thrust... it wasnt as difficult as one might thing really... at least, at first it wasnt, but the longer they went, the more his father actauly TRIED... or at least, didnt NOT try...

jharu suffered several somewhat painful blows to his arms, and a few to his legs, but his father made sure not to actauly HURT him... not bad anyway...

He shook his head for a moment, letting his outgrowing hair rise up about him, its legths somewhat in the way, he pulled them back, looking at his father for a moment, knowing that any second that calm poise could strike, and he could be feeling another blow...

It was a hard thing to learn really... His father had said to not watch the sword at all... But rather to watch the person, and even more so, watch there eyes, but at the same time, he had said, watch all of there actions... but most of all... DONT LOOK AT THE SWORD.

But that didnt make any sense, why would you not look at the sword?

Again jharu suffered a blow...

And slowly he adapted, and as he payed less attention to the destracting movements of the sword, he began to understand. the sword darted and weeved, you couldnt ever know where it was going untill it hit you, but if you watched the actions of the person, and there eyes, you could see what they were planning to an extent...

Quite suddenly jharu found that he had done something... He had felt a connection much different then before... his eyes widened in surprise as his sword lay firmly against the arm of his father, his gaze drifted slowly to find an extremly pleased Face staring back at him, his fathers grin was amazing... he hadnt even known his father could smile that sincerly... What was that? pride?

His dad nodded as if understanding the thoughts runnign through his head.

and then jharu recieved the words, they were so simple, but they made him feel so GREAT! his dad had said to him "I knew you would get it Jharu...wonderful"

they then began again, and indeed the sparing session grew even more difficult, but the more blows he recieved, the better he felt, because he now knew, his father only tried harder, when he was sure jharu was ready... so every time he recieved a sting, it was simply a way of saying "good job"

And as they progressed, jharu began scoring a few more hits on his dad, of which he recieved more praise...

Finaly his father approuched him and took his sword, laying them upon a pillar. his father then lead him to his mom, and the two sorounded him on either side, leaning into him in praise, leading them to a new place... they had said they would eat within the temple tonight, before jharu left to find his companion...

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.118
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-06-2002 12:46 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's heart swelled with pride as she watch the swiftness in which Jharu took to his lessons. In fact, from her point of view it seemed that he had actually achieved a few strikes which were in fact better than those received from his warrior father. She may have been mistaken in this; while she had been trained in swordplay by Aelvedaar, he was not a warrior... and she herself preferred to use the Claw or her Tooth if the occasion would arise.

But there was no mistaking the pride in her son's eyes when he and his father at last lay down their swords; nor was there any doubt as to the love which flowed between them as they converged in each other's arms. At last she kissed her son's forehead, then pulled out of the embrace to kneel down to then direct her eyes upward into his at a closer level.

Violet met their near mirror-image, but one shot with the most brilliant of emerald green....

She smiled at the simple conviction in that gaze, and reached out to place a cool palm against her son's cheek. For a moment she remained thus, then her hand dropped to lay atop his heart.

"The ability to fight well with the sword is a reflection of your Sith heritage, my dear son," she began in a soft tone, her smile growing yet softer as she spoke. Then it disappeared as she grew serious.

"But you must not forget this heart which beats in your chest. It beats there to remind you of life, of your life, and how sacred life is. For once taken, it can never be truly replaced; all life is to be revered and upheld, my son, all life! -- no matter how evil it might seem.

"All have a heart which beats within, which makes them alive. Remember this."

She then rose gracefully to her feet, her hand now reaching to lightly ruffle the hair atop his head.

"I am pleased that my son shows such a scholarly bent. This is truly a function of your humanity, for my father--" She stumbled just the slightest, then firmed and continued. "--My father was a professor at a great university.

"The best of the best come alive in you, Jharu. You have been blessed with many gifts... and one you have yet to learn of, one which I shall reveal to you when the time is right."

She turned to Recinis, nodding her head before him and taking his hand in hers, her son's hand in the other.

"Come," she finished. "Let us return to the Temple, that we might eat dinner and enjoy each other's company before we retire for the night. Tomorrow is an important day, and we must be well refreshed and rested."

[ 11-06-2002 01:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-06-2002 07:57 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu nodded in respons to his mothers words, he smiled as they went into the temple.

Soon they were eating a meal of fruit and fish, washing it all down with fresh pure water...

After diner they sat upon a comfortable couch, jharu lay snuggled warmly against his mother, resting at that time, for he knew he would have a long night ahead of him...

He snuggled a bit more closly to his mother, and looked up at her with his inquisitive eyes. "Mom, dad...Where did the sith GO exactly?"

[ 11-06-2002 08:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jharu ]

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.220
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-06-2002 08:01 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis wrapped his arms about his family in a gently manor, pulling them both close to him as his son spoke the question...
He gave Jharmeen a soft little smile and placed a hand on his sons chest, drawing his gaze up into his own eyes. "they're just waiting Jharu... There waiting for a destiny to unfold, and bring them from thier resting place..."

leaned down and gave his son a little kiss on the forhead, returning his gaze to his wife and placing his arm over her shoulder lovingly.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.220
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-06-2002 11:48 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith smiled into Recinis's eyes, reading his unspoken permission to continue with what he had already begun to divulge to their son. Although the boy was rapidly approaching a mental age equivalent to his physical one, he was still a bit young in thought and feeling. Graysith hoped his first night taking care of himself, seeking and hopefully finding his own Blood-hunt companion in the Sith tradition would go a long way in raising his mental age. But even though he was more innocent than his apparent years, more naive, that did not mean that the truth about certain matters should be withheld from him.

So she turned a gentle smile to her boy.

"My dear Jharu," she began, bending her head down to kiss him between his pearly horns. "You deserve to know the truth about your heritage. While there is not time here to go into great detail, I can give you a general outline."

She paused a moment, formulating her thoughts, smiling into her son's brilliant eyes for a bit before finally continuing.

"The Sith were a great race of magickal beings, which once ruled this entire Galaxy," she began. "But as can happen when power is not handled responsibly, their might began to decay. Soon they were weakened by their own greed and avarice, and in that state fell prey to a terrible influx: the Dark Jedi came in, wielding the Force, and destroyed them almost to a one."

The smile faded a bit as that terrible image came into her mind.

Her Dark Heart was descended of those self-same Dark Jedi who committed such a terrible act of genocide. How easily he himself would have slain those innocent women and children, had he lived at the time and had the chance. And it was her love for him that ignited the spendor of the All in her....

Her mouth worked silently for a moment or two before she gained composure enough to continue.

"A few Sith had learned of a power greater than the Force, but had not been able to determine how to control it... not until literally the last moment. At that time, all they could do was reach forward in time to a carefully picked Chosen One... in whom they placed this proto-power to be ignited, and then passed on in her children... who would then fulfill a destiny decreed 4000 years in the past, that being the resurrection of this Sith civilization in its entirety."

She fell silent at that, her eyes unfocused, staring off into middle distance, seeing images rising from her past to mingle with those of the present, to assure the creation of images yet to be. Then she shook herself, a genuine smile flashing across her face, and hugged her son.

"This is a good bedtime story for you, my son, although story it is not. It indeed is true, and one you must keep close to your heart, as it is part of your Sith heritage."

Then she turned to Recinis with a little nod, and fell silent, letting him fill in with any other instructions he might wish to present to Jharu before the boy was sent out on the first step of his Great Quest yet to come.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-07-2002 12:03 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis smiled and looked down at his son for a moment, before continuing. "You see jharu... The sith grew somewhat confedent... they made a mistake that any warrior knows you can never make, you must never believe to fully in your own capabilities, you must always expect that someone out there holds equal, if not greater power... This lesson will always keep you well trained, always rising higher in your skill..."

He smiled, placing a hand meaningfully upon jharu's chest, "Remember, there is always more for you to learn, you can never know everyting, which is the wonderful thing about knowledge, there is always a higher level to attain..."

When his son nodded, and recinis read clearly the understanding in jharus eyes, his hand slowly pull upon jharus sleeves, revealing the slime bicept...

Upon that area of soft skin, recinis traced a small design from memory, which created a small swirling artwork of blood...

then placing his palm upon the blood recinis opened himself to a bit of sith magick, and soon that simbol became a small black design upon his sons arm.

"Where that mark proudly jharu, for it simbolizes that you are not ignorant of the past, and that you have accepted that you can always grow stronger..."

He smiled at the wide eyed amazment displayed in his sons eyes, and he nodded to him, giving him a little pat before rising to his feet, bringing the boy, and Jharmeen up with him...

slowly he wrapped his arms about jharu "i feel it is time you set off, find a creature whom you might become friends with jharu... Find one home you spend time with... One which you may rely on to help you..."

He then placed a hand on the boys shoulder... He was still a bit taller then his son, though his son was clearly growing, and within a year perhaps he would be taller then recinis...

He smiled to himself and gave his son another little hug, before stepping back and standing besides Jharmeen

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-07-2002 02:19 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Although Graysith wanted to move in and wrap her son in her arms, she realized that this moment of Recinis stepping back from Jharu served as silent instruction that he now be one strong unto himself, and that he should now take this freedom and strength and begin his journey out into the night. So she stood steadfast before Jharu, smiling gently to see the clear look in his eyes, one which stated his quiet willingness to set out and do what was necessary without any bit of fear or trepidation to distract him.

She couldn't help one final instruction, however. Calling upon her own personal experience with M'wonBo'o, she spoke up a final time.

"Remember, Jharu," she said firmly yet softly. "As with anything you seek: the more you reach out to grasp out of your own greed and desire, the further and further that object of desire will slip from you. Seek yourself this night, my son; let what beast may come, come to you."

She nodded to him lovingly before continuing.

"Be not alarmed if something... strange may arise to assist you this night, should you need it. Keep your eyes and your wits about you, but remember we are all part of everything that is, and to unnecessarily take away any of that wonderful unity is to only lessen yourself."

She then fell into proud silence as Jharu bestowed them with a bright and shining look from those wonderful eyes of his, nodded in turn to their teachings. Then giving them both a smile to challenge his eyes for its very brilliance, he departed from them to seek his immediate future.

When he was gone Graysith heaved a contented little sigh, and turned to Recinis.

"He is a good and strong son, my Lord," she whispered to him, raising her eyes to reach his soul through his. "So much of you do I sense in him; this is the trait that will elevate him to greatness, that he will achieve that destiny set before him.

"But then, he is not yet adult. The way he will travel may be difficult; perhaps I should sense out to see if there are any untoward impediments along that path he will later set out upon, that we might be alerted now in case we need to go to his assistance at a later time? As a warrior, my Lord, surely you understand the wisdom in being forewarned."

She fell into respectful silence with that. Even though Recinis had given her carte blanc when it came to assisting him with decisions of this nature, she couldn't help but allow herself to fall back before his final say, so strong was he in the ways of the warrior, and so much did she respect and love him for that strength.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-07-2002 06:52 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis smiled at her gently. "yes, Do what you can, my lady..."

He approuched her and looked deeply into her eyes for a moment, as a few thoughts came to the forground of his mind.

"When you have looked to those matters, See if you can locate our allies... Lord Aelvedaar may have dismissed them in ease, but they again must be joined together..."

He smiled again and gave her a brief kiss "but those are matters for tomorow, perhaps we will see to this things after the begining ceremonies have ended..."

With that he fell silent and simply continued to stare deeply into her eyes.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.161
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-07-2002 07:40 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's smile broadened yet softened, and she rose up a bit to lightly brush her husband's lips in a light and promising caress.

"Yes, ever at your desire, my love," she breathed before returning to her normal stance, snuggling into his side and by that simple motion letting him know that where he would now lead, she would in all willingness and eagerness follow.

And so she fell into a silence of simple sharing, waiting for their hearts to lead them onward that they might enjoy each other's company once again, and in that enjoyment reaffirm the bonding of their lives and very beings into a unified whole for all eternity.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 207.28.191.246
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-07-2002 09:22 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu exited the temple to find the steady streams of darkness flowing accross the sky like a dark and depthless river, only showing small sparkles of stars to light his path...

He smiled to himself... He was feeling a bit scared, being alone for the first time at night... But something prompted his curiosity, something drove him onward... Adventure... Ever sense he had read the stories in those books, he had secretly hoped to have one of his own... And now... He was free to discover his first!

he entered the forest quietly, slipping into the night as if he belonged there, trying his best to practice stealth, which his father had taught him of in his training...

He walked slowly through the foresty jungle, to his ears he was not making a sound, but he knew... Natur could hear him easily... his mother had told him they were all a part of the same essence... What exactly did she mean? he loved nature, but... was he the same? was he a part of it?

His mommy had said so, so it must be true...

He smiled to himself as an image of his mother and father came to mind, them standing together, they seemed so strong...always calm...

In the time of his training, and learning, niether had ever been angered at him, no matter how badly he did at times, and they had always been quick to praise his advancement... He loved them so much, and that was why he would succeed tonight!

Finaly he found a open clearing, above him the moon glimmered brightly, he sat down, letting his mind wander slowly...

What had his mother said? let them come to you?

slowly his eyes closed, and he took a deep breath, practicing those techneques his father had taugth him, though he truly never seemed to get those right, he didnt quite understand them... But he would still try, because his father said they were important, and he wanted to please him!

his mind slowly became relaxed, and he became one with his soroundings.

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.207
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-07-2002 10:21 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis smiled and hugged her close for a moment, before begining a quiet walk, allowing thier hearts to rise up together and guide them where ever it was they should go...

After some time of simply walking together, and enjoying eachothers pressence, they came upon the large lavish bedroom of one of the dark lords whom had once resided within this temple...

recinis looked at the bed now, for the first time examining it...

It was an amazingly large circular bed, with sheets that looked even more amazingly soft then even those provided within Prinn'chatka...

Slowly he entered the room, and lay down quietly upon the soft folds of sheeting provided by the bed...

He took a deep breath and simply relaxed, looking over at Jharmeen who now lay beside him, likewise looked at him from her own position.

He smiled and reached over, hugging her gently for a moment. "tomorow our son will begin his journy into this universe... He is such a wonderful boy, Indeed your spirited fire burns bright in him my dear Jharmeen, and also to he holds your miraculus curiosity... I feel as though never before has a more perfect child been born..."

he smiled a bit brighter and simply contented himself by letting his gaze room through her own, and into her soul, where he viewed that which he cherished most in this universe, His dear loves existance... Could he ever have found a love such as this in his previous life? No... it was so wonderful to know that he had been giving this chance...

His smile grew brighter and he leaned in and gave her nose a little kiss, before alowing there lips to meet, pulling back then to look once more at his dear wife..

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.112
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-09-2002 02:43 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith stared up into the glowing green orbs of her husband's eyes, once again letting herself become lost in their enticing depths, depths which spoke of nothing but the purest love and greatest commitment ever anyone would wish or have the great fortune to come close to finding in a lifetime of searching. Those eyes seemed to grow larger, coming impossibly nearer yet remaining in perfect focus, bearing down upon her and widening until they seemed to encompass her entirely and then in one seductive motion took her very essence and swept it up in a great charybdissal rush to flow through their centers and spiral down into Recinis's very heart and soul. She shivered as she felt herself drawn up and into them, trembling in her husband's arms which held her tightly yet for the moment prevented her from coming any nearer to him, just held her at that critical distance where she tiptoed along a razor-sharp precipice of denial...

Then she couldn't stand it any longer. Her grip about Recinis tightened as she found the sudden strength to pull him closer, past that critical distance where his lips had remained so temptingly, that their lips might join again and initiate yet another embarkation of their own into a journey of magick. And when, some time later, that journey had come to its natural closure, she pulled away a bit with a little sigh of pure happiness, then sought to burrow against his side.

"I have never been more content, my dearest love," she at length whispered into the dim light of the opulent room. "Every moment with you is as completely new, bringing with it fresh wonders and delights. I have never felt like this with anyone, anyone my Lord, and can only pray to the gods that this feeling always remains as pristine and wondrous as when it was newly born between us."

She stretched with a smile, basking in their joint afterglow... and had to share this wonderful feeling yet further.

Shayla, she thought. The last time our minds met, it was with a similar sense wafting from her own. I have so much to share with her which I haven't; perhaps....

With no other thought than that Graysith opened the Link she had maintained through the All with her Adept, letting not only her unvoiced words but their underlying feeling arrow into the essence of Shayla Petrolu. It was not long until the strength of that seeking tendril found its target, and therein searched about, and found something else....

She sat bolt upright in bed, letting the covers and Recinis's arms fall abruptly away. For a moment her mouth worked in a cross of hurt and disappointment and sadness. Then, withdrawing that tendril, she quickly sought elsewhere, seeking, travelling the strange pathways the elseness allowed so few in the Universe to travel along, until it came into other minds, other essences, other hearts.

She withdrew from them all, not liking what she had read there. Placing her arms about herself, she shivered, but it was not from love and love teasingly and momentarily denied that those tremors were racing up and down her spine. Her mouth worked a bit as she debated which to speak of; then the overwhelming hurt flooded through her again and decided for her.

"It appears that my Adept-- that Shayla is, is pregnant my love," she began, swallowing heavily for the words which were following. "She has married her love, Erik Kartan..."

Now she blinked the tears of hurt away so that there would be room for those born of suddenly erupting anger. She blinked again, tossing her head, and deep inside allowed a portion of her heart to harden into a tiny ball of stone, which she carefully perused for a final time before tossing it to the Beast within. It growled and whined in delighted surprise, and snapped the morsel up like a worrt snaps up gleeberflies.

She did not contact me of this great event in her life, Graysith thought to herself. For this I would have sought her out. Thus it is her own life she desires, and indeed deserves... one in which the Sith apparently excluded in entirety. So thus I give her the freedom to follow that life she chose to follow, for though my Sire reacted in haste, it was an action which SHOULD NOT have driven us apart.

The siringana shows his spikes....

She just turned her face up to Recinis, anger and something akin to betrayal warring upon it, and deigned to not inform him that she had discovered Terrin Danner and his crewman were trapped in an Imperial jail on Coruscant.

Indeed, that too was no longer any concern of hers. And with that she not only closed up the Link she had created nearly a year ago that she and Shayla would never be truly parted...

She ripped it away in its entirety. Nothing was left of it but a rapidly fading memory that it had ever existed at all.

[ 11-09-2002 03:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-09-2002 03:31 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis could feel the hurt welling up within Jharmeen, and likewise could feel it spread through her being like wild fire to tap into other emotions that mortal beings often attribute to hurt... Anger, sorrow, heartless revenge... Desires that otherwise would never come to be within one as capable of love as Jharmeen... For while he well knew she held a darker side, and that side he truly did cherish just as greatly as the light, These things were beyond simple emotion, they flowed through her like a flash flood, and placed upon her mind a shroud of confusion... Confusion which lead to all things in this universe...

Slowly he reached a hand out, placing it upon her shoulder gently, turning her gaze to his, forcing her to look into his eyes, and allowing her to see the full understanding held within...

Amazing it is indeed how simple actions of joy on one part, can to be viewed as hurtfull betrayal on anothers account... Even more so amazing was the fact that recinis could completly understand those feelings, in her, for he as well shared them to some extent, though he would never pretend he held the same bond with Shayla as had Jharmeen...

he wrapped her in a gentle hug, and rocked her in that embrace, as he did so entering her soul so he might assure her that, while yes, shayla had caused her hurt, she would never be alone, and that hurt need not weigh upon her with its iron bounds, it need not shackle her to pain and lonlyness... For recinis would always be there for her, always...

He leanded down and gently kissed her cheek. "be happy my love, throw away the pain of betrayal... Examin it yes, learn from it as best you can... But in the end... It may only cause you pain, and must be discarded..."

He gave her a small little smile and drew her close again, holding tightly. "i love you Jharmeen... My love is here for you... Take hold of it... And let yourself be free..."

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.41
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-09-2002 03:37 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now she turned eyes wet with tears up into Recinis's face. For a moment she just looked at him, her heart heavy, her shoulders slumping as the words he spoke at least began chasing away the anger that the remaining hurt and betrayal might then be dealt with.

Anger, so quick and bright to flare, is snuffed with all due speed. But the worms of hurt and betrayal remain behind long after to gnaw upon one's essence.

She held out her arms to her husband in entreaty.

"Then take me, and with that love free me from this pain.

"Make me forget," she whispered, and fell still.

[ 11-09-2002 04:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-09-2002 03:59 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis hugged her a bit tighter, giving her a warm and loving kiss, reaching into her soul with his own love as he did so... Using all that was his undying devotion to her happyness, in an attempt to simply irradicate from being all her hurt... As she once did for him, he now hoped to do for her...

Drawing away from her he looked into her eyes, leaning in to whisper lightly "And now my love... Be no longer plagued..."

And then, as she had once fed his pain to her inner beast, recinis took upon himself her pain, and sealed it away forever within one of the many little rooms of his sub-conciousness, forging the door from the unbreakable bonds of love, and locking it with the strength of happiness...

[ 11-09-2002 04:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.41
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-09-2002 04:10 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith could not help but stiffen as Recinis entered her being with such quiet force. For the briefest of moments she held firm against him...

...then acquiesed to his strength and let that strength overwhelm her pain. She could literally feel it gathering it all up into a tidy package, sweeping about for every last bit of it before chaining it with something bright and shining and hotter than the surface of a star...

...then to withdraw, taking it from her forever.

She blinked, holding her breath... seeking within.

Nothing.

She knew that a woman she knew as Shayla was married and with child and pursuing a life of her own... and felt nothing but happiness for this woman. A happiness laced with rueful knowledge that they had shared a relationship but that as with what happens with all things, it had changed. A happiness which then, freed from the cloying bonds of hurt and pain, acknowledged that all was right with the universe in this regard, and that the young woman who Graysith knew as Shayla Stargazer Petrolu was safely set off on a life of her own desire and deserve.

Graysith let the breath she had been holding escape her as she realized there was no more pain. Then she smiled.

"Thank you, my Lord," she whispered, drawing his face down to hers to kiss him once, lightly, before allowing that kiss to deepen and take her off in an entirely new direction.

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-09-2002 06:15 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As they slowly broke away for a moment, recinis gazed into her eyes, looking with all interest into that pure gaze, no longer clouded by hurt or sorrow, no longer filled with the swirling tidel waves of anger...

Slowly he leaned in once more, whispering to her lovingly before there lips met again. "Your welcom my love..."

Then he drew her down from the sitting position, allowing that sincer little kiss grow from a small token of thanks, and welcom, into a great unrush of everything they felt for eachother, all the joy's, all the love, the memories, combining all the previous simple pleasures together into this one moment, before they simply snapped like a rubber band pulled to tight, and an even greater force rushed through them both to sweep them into an unslaught of pure, and wonderful bliss... That great force was as it would always be, it was the simple joy each held deep within, the simple knowledge that they were together, and that every small action, along with every larger action, every word, and every wink, were all an undying simbol that they could never ever be parted, and that there love could only grow stronger, as it did now, for as long as they had the ability to feel, as long as they each existed... As long as the very fabrics of time continued to weave eachother into and out of other small notions of pleasure...

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.123
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-09-2002 06:23 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu took one final deep breath, and exhaled it slowly, his eyes opening within the shadows of night, as though twin jewls of something born of midnight meeting emerald...

Those eyes opened, to find another pair of depthless beeds of darkness stairing straight back at him... he was not quite as serprised as he might have been, for something within him had told him this creature was there...

He continued to look into the things eyes with a look borne of pure curiousity... Thier gazes seemed to meet inbetween them, both staring at some unknown quality the other seemed to hold...

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.123
GhrrlanDrr

Mate to M'wonBo'o, For Life

Member # 381

posted 11-09-2002 06:39 PM     Profile for GhrrlanDrr   Author's Homepage   Email GhrrlanDrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Here in cry of Night am being, in my veins the Hunt is laying, sensing in the smooth am flowing.

Run I,

Run I.

Now the cry is shattered being, in my veins the call is rising, heat so wild and bloodful bearing.

Stop I.

Stop I.

Sense the smooth... a sharp is being. Rock not-rock is hiding being, in the cry of night is flowing.

Turn I.

Turn I.

Now in there a He is being, sensing quiet, heart is blooding. Here go I in pausing being.

Snarl I.

Snarl I.

--------------------

For He am I, for all that is, until all that is dies.

Posts: 8 | From: | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-09-2002 07:16 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu stared at the snarling beast for a moment, eyes never leaving the creatures for a second. He simply sat and examined, not moving, not flinching… The average sentient might, if put in this situation, be to scared to even breath, but jharu held not those preconceived notions of fear of sound, or fear of appearance. To him this creature was simply another form of life, and in that, was simply speaking another language, for his snarling and growling was not truly in an aggressive manor, it was not showing any intent on killing jharu at that moment in time, it was possible that the creature was considering it, but of yet, it was not. That was the concept he was blessed with, for his mind was not the age of his body, and with that he yet held the childish perspective on the world, were fear was more then most believed…

And so he continued to sit for a moment, eyes locked upon the beasts… Slowly he extended a hand, as if in silent offering of friendship, for what else could he do?

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.37

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e