my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Dwelling where others once forgot. (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Dwelling where others once forgot.
GhrrlanDrr

Mate to M'wonBo'o, For Life

Member # 381

posted 11-09-2002 07:58 PM     Profile for GhrrlanDrr   Author's Homepage   Email GhrrlanDrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Freeze I now in eyes am being, eyes of He in dark are shining, dark before the eyes is going.

Stay I.

Stay I.

In the eye of He is being, seeking blood of life is hiding, sharing in the blood am being.

Whine I.

Whine I.

Now to He am creeping being, heart in head is bloodful being, come I into He in being.

Stop I.

Stop I.

In the He of eyes am being, in the flow of life am sensing, in the blood of He am sharing.

Bite I.

Bite I.

His the hot of life is being, his the life of all is flowing, in my veins the blood is smoothing.

Call I.

Call I.

Into dark of green am being, going in the Night am leaping, calling in the blood am crying.

Run I.

Run I.

--------------------

For He am I, for all that is, until all that is dies.

Posts: 8 | From: | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-09-2002 08:32 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu was somewhat stunned, he had been bitten, seemingly out of the blue... yet now that creature ran away freely into the night, howling...

Calling?

Something within him seemed to rise in accordence to that call of freedom the creature had realesed... Something which drove him to rise and become one with the night, following silently into the... Hunt?

He shrugged to himself as he ran, strange feeling that existed on the base level of instinct rising within him to guide him, though he could no longer see the beast he pursued... No, not pursued... He was not truly following it, he was... Joining it? Yes... that was more the correct phrase...

As he ran a little voice pipped up in his head, it was his mothers voice. "the more you reach out to grasp out of your own greed and desire, the further and further that object of desire will slip from you. Seek yourself this night, my son; let what beast may come, come to you."

He slowly a fraction of a second, a slight hesitation growing to give him pause... Was he doing exactly what she had warned against? was he not pursuing what he desired? Yes... But at the same time... No... What was he doing?

Can you not see jharu? you are discovering yourself this night... Rising above your limits, to join with a creature that may be your first companion... Your first friend...

Was that correct? was that the symbolic power of this gesture the creature offered to him? or was he simply deluding himself, into thinking he was acting correctly...

As another little howl came accross the air all thoughts of hesitation fled from his mind...

As he joined in the hunt...

The hunt...

The hunt for...

His spirit...

Was that what the creature was helping him find? she... She? yes. She had sought his blood... And as such, had tasted his spirit... Right? yes...

His eyes gleamed a bit differently as his mind whirled about the new thoughts and idea's proccessing through his rappidly learning mind... as he slowly began to tap into a less physical portion of his being, and grew into a bit of the strange, spiritual portion of his existance...

As he ran, he didnt even notice that at his unconcious desire, his slight wound had begun to slowly heal, untill fading into little more then memory, so intently did he follow along with this creature which he hoped would help him discover...

Himself

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.79
GhrrlanDrr

Member # 381

posted 11-09-2002 08:44 PM     Profile for GhrrlanDrr   Author's Homepage   Email GhrrlanDrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dark the green in Night is being, cool the call of green is flowing, in the cool of dark am being.

Run I.

Run I.

In my blood the green is flowing, in the flow the He is being, in the He the cool is darkling.

Call I.

Call I.

Hot in blood our call is being, cool in veins the Night is growing, hot in nostrils sensing being.

Howl I.

Howl I.

Going in the shadows being, seeking that which life is giving, sharing seeking I am being.

Leap I.

Leap I.

In my claws the life is flailing, in the dark the blood is being, in the mind of He am crying.

Share I.

Share I.

Comes the He to side in leaping, comes the sense in blood so flowing, seeking life in sensing being.

Whine I.

Whine I.

Now within the Night am being, in the cool of heat so growing, life beneath my claws is crying.

Wait I.

Wait I....

[ 11-27-2002 04:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-09-2002 09:54 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu kneeled down upon both knees now, examining the situation for a moment...

His first impulse came purly from the thrill of the hunt, and that was to simply rend the flesh of this creature, and share in the blood with the companion he had ran with...

... But why?

He had eaten...and was not hungry... he could sense that his companion was not hungry either, for if she was, would not this creature be already dead?

Stopping for a moment, he considered, had his mother not told him that all life was important? And that greed and desire would only drive what one sought, further away?

He did not truly need to take this life, though easily he now could with his creature holding it so fiercly in her grasp... But still... He had to ask... WHY?

In any way would this help him?

He eyed the creature he had been running with, his eyes filled with a silent question... "Why?"

and as asked, he shook his head, rising once more to his feet... "No... We need not take this life..."

He then took a step back from the creature, now giving this creature a simple choice..

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.120
GhrrlanDrr

Member # 381

posted 11-09-2002 10:07 PM     Profile for GhrrlanDrr   Author's Homepage   Email GhrrlanDrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now my face to sky is going, now in blood so hot is sensing, now the life in claws is fleeing.

Yowl I.

Yowl I.

Up in Night so green am being, up in life so hot am breathing, up on legs my claws are freeing.

Turn I.

Turn I.

Come to He in heat am being, come in green of Night am going, to the One in coming being.

Whine I.

Whine I.

Head to life in sharing being, life in green of Night so being, He to I in greenness being.

Lay I at his side.

Now in He am seeking being, now to He my life is seeking, seeking He in answer being.

"To you.

Am I."

--------------------

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-09-2002 10:35 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu smiled to himself in a meaningful kind of way...

Slowly he kneeled on one knee placing a hand gently against the sleek side of this creatures indigo fur.

He closed his eyes for a moment as if to think, before letting out a question he realized might be important to ask...

"What is your name?"
But just as he asked the question, something within him seemed to answer it...

GhrrlanDrr

GhrrlanDrr...

he smiled a bit then to her, before rising and signalling her to follow suit... And as shadows enter the crevices of night, so too did they enter the darkness of the forest...

Sometime later...

Sitting within a high branch of a tree, Jharu sat looking deeply into the depthless orbs of eyes before him, quietly becoming acquanted with this graceful creature which he had come to know...

A friend Jharu... Your very first friend...

A smile rose upon his lips as the thought came to pass...

"thank you... GhrrlanDrr..."

He smiled a bit more before tilting his head back for a moment...

"tomorow our destinies will begin to unfold Ghrr... We had best be well rested for it..."

With that he closed his eyes and let himself slowly fall to sleep, yet at the same time doing his best to remain concious... His father had once said that skilled warriors could sleep and still be concious, and ready...he really wanted to develop that skill... But as he did so his body, tired from the earlier running, simply gave out to the cool realms of shadowly sleep, which one can only attain a level as amazing as this restfull sleep was, within the silent realms of forest, with a newly acquanted friend...

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.247
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-10-2002 12:05 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Graysith lay lost in splendor in her husband's arms an intruding little something came creeping into the near-unconscious state she was in. It wiggled about politely enough, quietly seeking and at length gaining the small parcel of attention she finally deigned to allow it. Then she rose up, as though through many layers of soft and buoyant atmosphere, until she had been brought forth from the depths of bliss in which she had been immersed, but by something announcing happiness of another nature and carried upon that special bond a mother always has with her child.

She blinked her eyes and sighed languorously, stretching her body like a cat and twining her arms about Recinis's head, once again reaching to lightly toy with the horns protruding from the back of it. The smile still lit her features as she drew his face to hers and took up his bottom lip in a series of little kisses.

"Jharu is strong and intelligent, my Lord," she began in apparent non sequiteur as she kept kissing and nibbling between words. "He has already found his Companion.

"The Sith in his heart beats strongly...."

With that she fell silent, still lightly running her fingers up and down his horns, then bringing them down a bit to gently trace the outline of a tuk'ata on the nape of his neck.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-10-2002 01:10 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis smiled brightly at her. "that is wonderful... He will have no problems in completing his trials... I know it..."

recinis continued to simply look at her, basking in her pressence, before wrapping his arms about her tightly, drawing her in for one more kiss, before drawing her down upon the bed, snuggling closly to her...

"Tomorow will have many things to demand our attention... Let us rest so we might better be prepared for those things..."

He gazed into her eyes for some time, before finaly embracing her in yet another warm, passionate, and loving kiss, one which soon drowned out all other distractions. Queitly, and lovingly guiding them both down the trails of bliss, and into a soft bed of sleep...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.247
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-13-2002 01:11 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She came to an easy awakening with the realization that it was dawn, and this was the day their son was to set out on his Trial of Proof, his Quest to show that of warriors was his descent, and a Warrior Lord he would one day be. She lay there in the warmth of the still-sleeping Recinis, letting her mind wrap about the idea that Jharu was soon to embark upon a trail which could lead to tragedy as easily as it could success, before she remembered the strength of the bonding he had undertaken in the night.

A smile brightened her own features, bringing with it memories of her own trials she had faced with M'wonBo'o, and soon all trepidation fled her. Indeed, with a tuk'ata at his side as Blood-Hunt Companion, as well as with the abilities inherent in him, Jharu would be safe from all harm. For was he not the son of the Dark Lord of the Warriors, one descended from the strongest Dark Lord to ever bear that title?

Still smiling, she turned and kissed Recinis lightly on the back of his shoulder. For a moment she lay there, turning her cheek so that her head lay where her lips had been, one arm draped gracefully over his yet sleeping form, the other tucked between them. After wondering if she ought to awaken him, she finally decided to let him rest a bit longer; as quietly as she could she slipped from their bed and went to take care of her morning ablutions.

Once cleaned and dressed in a simple yet elegant gown of flowing and gold-shot apple-green, she raised a hand to summon her powers... then decided with a grin that a more natural means of breaking their fast was in order. Thus it was that after casting a final and loving look upon her husband, she departed their chambers and soon the Temple itself, going outside now to seek foodstuffs that she might surprise him with breakfast. Soon she came upon what once was a well-tended orchard; though now overgrown with underbrush, littered with the remnants of trees and bushes lost over time to a natural death, there were yet live fruit-bearing trees standing amidst the general scraggly growth. She was in luck; the weight of ripe fruits bore their branches down with their burden, and many of the bushes carried a wealth of deep blue berries of some kind. Taking up the hem of her skirt, she soon filled it with as great a variety as she could find, then turned and retraced her steps, hurrying onward, light at heart, to be the first thing her Lord would see when he finally opened his eyes.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-13-2002 11:38 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis' eyes opened slowly, his head tilting forward to examin the room... A broad smile quickly spread upon his features as he saw Jharmeen smiling at him...

He stood slowly, then quickly pulled his robes about him and approuched her, giving her a warm and loving hug. "Good morning, my dear jharmeen..."

He smiled and gave her a little kiss, he looked over at a little table and noted a hand prepared meal there, his smile broadening as he turned back to her, and took her in another warm embrace before walking with her to the table and sitting.

He eagerly took a bite of the meal before looking up at her and smiling "Wonderful my love... Simply wonderful..."

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.224.87.174
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-13-2002 11:53 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
his eyes groggily to view the universe in which he lived... His eyes wandered slowly accross the sky before coming down and landing upon a pair of spaceless blue eyes...

He smiled at the attentive creature... "Didnt get any sleep did your? thank you for watching out for me while i slept..."

With a slight laugh he let himself slip from the tree, landing roughly upon his feet he looked once more to Ghrr...

"Alright, Lets get something to eat... Im hungry..."

He smiled "Ill tell you what, you get us some meat, ill find some fruit of some sort, and we can get ready for our adventure..."

He nodded and turned his gaze about to inspect his suroundings... There were a few fruit tree's here and there...but they were a bit high up...

I guess i have a bit of climbing to do...

before they set he kneeled and gave Ghrr a little hug. "Thank you again for looking out for me..." He smiled then and went about climbing upward...

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.224.87.174
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-14-2002 02:46 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith merely smiled at the simple compliment, nearly blushing, but could not help but think back in comparison to another time and place and moment of breaking her fast with another one who called himself a dark lord:

Standing at the gluttonous bounty of the brilliantly shining greel-wood table, in a great stone chamber of the even greater Temple of the Sith, biting down upon the unsuspecting neck of a small marsupial she only moments before had been snuggling and crooning to, its squawk ringing in her ears, its life's blood running freely down her chin as she directed an intense gaze into the turquoise eyes of Darth Wicked....

Her smile faded just a bit at the thought as in almost exact imitation of that morning she took up a piece of fruit and bit into it, her eyes not leaving those gentle ones of her husband, the juices of the fruit trickling down her chin.

Such contrast, she couldn't help but consider. How those of our own humanity who would emulate the Sith, who take up their name, take up but a mere fraction of their ways, and so demean this great race by that very action. For never have I known anyone with such honor, such strength, and such love within him as my husband. Never anyone with such justice within him as my Sire. Truly a race worth returning to the life stolen from them so long ago.

With this thought in mind, she broke the pleasantly shared silence with a soft comment.

"My love, it is morning. As you have said, much begins this day, and much must be ascertained that it can begin. Let me undertake a quest of my own, that this may now begin."

Without waiting for a verbal reply, knowing an affirmative response was hers for did she not feel it through their joint heart? -- she placed the fruit lightly on her plate and sat back. Her outward demeanor composed itself into meditative quiet, but the Glyph as always betrayed her true level of concentration. It raged upon her forehead like a tiny hot blue star as she took her unique talents and reached out with them, blood seeking blood....

And in that seeking, found.

Her eyes jerked open, wide and stunned, and she leapt to her feet, the plate clattering to the floor to spill its contents unregarded at her feet. Her hands balled into fists upon the table as she now leaned forward, allowing that portion which dwelled within her, that darkness which balanced her good, to rise forth with a clarion yowl of betrayal to send her soul into fiery paroxysms of rage.

"I have found my sister through our blood... and her thoughts betray not only her, but Ankrist Roan. He has taken the child, my Lord; our son has a grim Quest to follow indeed!

"And--!" she continued, her eyes flaring brighter and brighter, escalating to match the energies of the howling Glyph. "Through the blood I have followed our allies....

"Captain Danner is held, seemingly forgotten, in an Imperial cell on Coruscant, arrested by Admiral Actar who finds him guilty for his appropriation of Galen, before she came to us in budding friendship and trust."

She paused then, shaking in rage, every portion of her being crying out that she do something, and do that something now.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-15-2002 01:04 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis nodded slowly, his glowling quietly

"grim indeed...But i hold faith..."

He then stood and looked into her eyes.

"Aelvedaar was partialy right, we can not have our allies trapped against there wills... But, we are no longer under a shield which restricts, i pray to thee, Bring our friend Terrin Danner here... Do what you can, now, if nothing can be done of yet, we shall have to wait for our sons quest to begin..."

He then fell silent, continuing to search through her soul for answeres he truly wished either of them possessed...

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.199
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-16-2002 12:16 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith straightened up, still shaking with rage at what she had discovered. And to be honest, at that moment she didn't know which of the few blooded Sith of her acquaintance she was more furious with. She only knew that her Lord and love was truly blameless for what had occurred since all had parted ways from Phrinnchatka.

Well, no longer. All would unite, the Child would indeed be retrieved, and the Sith would be brought back to the life they deserved. This she swore if it meant her own death in its doing.

She nodded to Recinis, her eyes full of fire.

"At your will, my Lord," she spoke up fiercely, so as not to lose a drop of the rage fueling her. "I go now to Coruscant, to retrieve Captain Danner and his man."

Then, knowing she remained linked with her husband in this, she turned and made a mystical rune in the air. The Glyph ravened, scribing the very atmosphere with ultraviolet light in the form of that which she had just designed there. An oily blot began expanding from the midpoint there, rushing outward in its mind-chilling non-ness, stretching out as though greedy to gobble all the reality in its path, but finally coming to a trembling halt when it was the correct size for a human to step through.

Tossing her head, fire in her eyes, she did not look back but stepped through the portal through the all she had opened....

((OOC: Follow Graysith into The Days Grow Longer in the "Empire and New Republic" forum, thank you.))

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-16-2002 02:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Continues from The Days Grow Longer in the "Empire and New Republic" forum, thank you.))

Graysith stepped out on the heels of Captain Danner and Jasyn, the former who was standing in quiet assessment of his new surroundings, the latter who looked as though he needed a drink, and needed it badly. She couldn't help but smile to herself, allowing all of the rage which had fueled this act of rescue to drain from her body.

"Welcome to Korris'ian, Captain Danner," she said lightly as she moved past him to stand beside her husband. Dark Lord Recinis had risen at their summarily abrupt appearance in the private chambers he shared with Graysith, the fruit in his hand clear indication of what he had been occupied in doing before being interrupted in this manner. Her smile broadened as she came to a halt beside him and snuggled against his side, placing a slender hand upon his chest and looking up into his face before turning back to Terrin and Jasyn once again. She waved an almost lackadaisical hand toward the table behind her.

"Breakfast?" she said lightly and fell silent.

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-16-2002 05:46 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis smiled down at his wife, giving her a gentle squeeze of affection before turning his attention to those who had arrived...

"Greetings, and indeed, welcom, i hope you will find your stay upon this planet a pleasant one... This city holds not the restrictions provided by Prinn'chatka... though you will find that it requires a bit more concious knowledge to survive here..."

He shrugged almost to himself before addressing other issues "you may find quarters within the city, And you are free to go about your bussiness in whatever fashon you desire."

he then turned to Jharmeen and smiled "Now we must prepare, in one hour we must begin..."

his smile brightened slightly as he fell silent...

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.102
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-16-2002 06:03 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He had climbed to the top of the tree, and that which he sought was so close to him... yet, it was just beyond his fingertips...

His stomach rumbled lightly as he stretched further, one piece of fruit... He wanted just one piece of fruit...

His finger tapped lightly against the fruit in his efforts, but finaly he was forced to pull back and simply stare blankly at the lifegiving object...

His hand came tenderly to his stomach. "Oh... It looks so good..."

he sighed slowly, closing his eyes to take a deep breath... An image of the fruit lie teasingly in front of his eyes, he wanted it so badly... But he couldnt reach it...

"Remember, Jharu, As with anything you seek: the more you reach out to grasp out of your own greed and desire, the further and further that object of desire will slip from you..."

His eyes opened to look at the fruit... "b...b-but... Im hungry!"

Now determing his arm stretched forth again, focusing only on the rumbling on his stomach, the world seemed to fade away... Untill finaly, he felt the piece of fruit firmly in his grasp...

His eyes, which had clammped shut opened to look upon the piece of fruit, as though thoroughly amazed he had managed to actauly get the fruit...

He looked at it for a moment longer, before slowly desending downward from the tall tree...

Upon the ground he bit into the fruit hungrily, letting the wonderful juices fill his mouth with there sweet taste...

He consumed only half the fruit, the rest he would offer to Ghrr... Though he was still very hungry...

He shook his head slowly, looking about for his friend...

His voice came out quietly into the early morning air, echoing hollowly. "Ghrr? w-where are you?"

But even as he spoke the question something inside of him seemed to answer him, seemed to assure him that his only friend was indeed very close, and would be returning shortly...

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.102
GhrrlanDrr

Member # 381

posted 11-16-2002 09:08 PM     Profile for GhrrlanDrr   Author's Homepage   Email GhrrlanDrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now in deep of green am being, in the green the call is being, in the call the blood is being,

Hunt I.

Hunt I.

In the call a cry is warming, in the warm small life is fleeing, I in green so running being,

Pounce I.

Pounce I.

In the claws the Life is being, in the Life the blood is calling, snarl I in the green so warming,

Kill I.

Kill I.

Now in head a Call is being, in the call the He is being, he so warm in green is being.

Turn I.

Turn I.

To the He in haste am being, in the green am going being, to the Call with blood am being.

Come I.

Come I.

--------------------

Posts: 8 | From: | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 209.255.158.30
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 11-17-2002 12:10 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn didn't hesitate at the invitation to join breakfast despite his rather disheveled physical appearance or the seeming strangeness of their new situation. After all, wasn't every day two men dressed in soiled Imperial prison uniforms were invited to eat at a very large table of food. At that thought Terrin glanced down at his rather undesirable attire, then reached a hand up to his chin to scratch the beard that was growing unkept there in an almost embarassed manner. There was no doubt this would land him right back in another one of those Sith robes...

Where's the horns, flybooy?

Terrin jerked a pair of dulled blue eyes up into the violet ones of Graysith, and at the same time unconsciously ran a finger across the smooth the surface of the locket he still held in his hand. Then he simply decided to ask that question which was on his mind, mustering all the strength he had to keep his emotions in check.

Were Galen and JhinDarra dead, really? And if not, where were they? And if they had been endangered, why was it that Graysith had come to HIS assistance rather than theirs?

"Admiral Actar tried to lead me to believe that..." he started, pausing because he did not want to even say the words that summed up his worst fears. He decided to rephrase. "I need to know about Galen and Darra."

At that he quieted, still not taking a seat or a thing to eat but simply waiting, concern and despair swimming deeply in the depths of his eyes.

[ 11-17-2002 12:13 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.87
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-17-2002 12:32 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The gentle look upon Graysith's features darkened at Terrin's words. Indeed she knew the moment she had stepped foot into that dismal little cell that she was going to have to be the bearer of bad news to the captain, but she really had hoped it would have been after he had some time to recuperate enough to be able to handle it.

Now she couldn't evade his direct question. Her lips joined in a grim line on her face as she looked up to Recinis, reaching out to his ever-present love that it would buoy her up for the distasteful news she was going to have to impart. Then she drew in a breath, and replied in a soft voice.

"Your wife... my sister; that is Galen is fine, Captain Danner. I have only just moments before coming to your aid reached out into her mind, and have found her... alive...."

She paused, sympathy now flooding into her violet eyes, and smoothly crossed to lay a supportive hand upon Captain Danner's shoulder. The sight of it there was clearly deceptive; it tightened in a grip of durasteel and remained there.

"Your daughter is in the hands of Ankrist Roan."

She paused a moment longer, letting her hand drop but remaining before Terrin and keeping her gaze steadily upon his.

"Believe me Captain, we are doing everything in our power to retrieve her. We do know that Roan dares not harm the young one; we believe he needs her too badly for his own dark scheme. I somehow feel that the child will have the strength to stand up before him, no matter what he might try to do... at least long enough that we will be able to confront him and bring her back to us."

She quieted, forcing her countenance to remain calm even though every cell within her was crying in mutual sympathy in response to the stark pain now creasing Danner's face.

He was not the only one to lose a daughter to Ankrist Roan.

She took yet another step towards him, and laid her hand on his shoulder again. "We will succeed, Captain. On this you have my word.

"Now I would suggest you rest and refresh yourself. This is a modest city, but the Temple in which you now find yourself is every bit as elegant as the Warrior's Temple in Phrinnchatka. You may choose where it is you wish to make your home while here with us; we do hope to soon regroup the allies and return to Phrinnchatka."

As soon as we manage to take back Jhindarra, she finished silently, but wisely chose not to utter that final statement aloud. Instead she returned to Recinis's side, where she reached up on tiptoe to whisper in his ear.

"I shall return to you shortly, my love," she said, before kissing him softly and then departing, to return to the little home he had first taken her to upon their arrival on Korris'ian, there to fetch the Tooth of Sslan for Jharu's upcoming ceremony.

[ 11-17-2002 01:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-17-2002 02:48 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu smiled happily in greeting of his companions return...

He gave up the halved fruit in offering to Ghrr, nodded at the small creature that was in return held in his companions mouth...

He looked about quietly, wondering exactly how to make the food ediable...

finaly he found a few twigs and made a small stack, as his father had taught him...

He brushed two rocks together roughly, in an attempt to spark a fire, but try as he might, he could not succeed in doing so...

taking a deep breath he slammed the rocks together once more, and to his own amazment, the fire had begun to burn, and grow more intense...

He ripped off a large piece of meat from the creature his companion had killed, and began to cook a meal...

[ 11-17-2002 02:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jharu ]

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.195
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-17-2002 10:56 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin didn't really hear anything that was said and didn't see anything that was done after the revelation concerning little JhinDarra's whereabouts.

His little daughter, his AND Galen's daughter...their beautiful little JhinDarra, in the hands of that...that animal...?

As Graysith turned to depart, Terrin turned away from the others as if to hide the emotions that he was trying to keep somewhat hidden from the others in the room with little or no success. He stood in complete silence, logic trying to point out the facts that Terrin, you need to rest and Terrin, you aren't going to do her any good in the shape you are in at the moment.

He pursed his lips as anger took the upper hand and momentarily superceded any traces of sorrow.

To hell with logic.

He whirled to face Lord Recinis. "I don't care how strong she is, she's just a little girl," he growled. "I will not stand around and wait while she is in His hands. You must know he's going to take her to Kamino; we need to go there, and now. If someone will not go with me, then I assure you, as soon as you provide me a ship, I will leave to find her myself."

At that he fell into silence, his eyes revealing that he meant every word he said regardless of the lack of logic in them while also showing traces of pure fatique in their depths. All the while he also couldn't help but wonder where Galen was, his heart going out to her, wishing more than anything that he could be there with her to help bear this burden and assist her in traveling through it as he'd done in the past. After all, she had to know; little Darra had been with her.

He met his emotion-filled and somewhat tired blue eyes with Lord Recinis's emerald ones, waiting to see what he would have to reply, unable to say another word at the moment for the emotions slamming into him in uncaring force with each passing moment.

[ 11-17-2002 11:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.87
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-17-2002 11:21 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked at terrin for a moment and shook his head.

"Im afriad you will not be leaving as of yet Mr. Danner, You will remain here, untill we may find a way of helping your daughter..."

Recinis turned away slowly, looking out of a window "You may love both your wife, and your daughter, but you know little of the art of war... Your leaving now would give only pain to this galexy, roan would smite you in but a moment... And then there would be one less good heart... I will not allow such foolishness..."

He turned again to face terrin, eyes narrowing slightly "Go rest now terrin, You are obviously tired, for your words show that your... Judgment, has been impared... You would be wise to consider who it is you are with, before you speak with anger... I can understand your pain, and your hurry, but non the less, you should understand, that while yes, many great powers does Graysith have... And yes, many strengths do i possess, None here have the power to play god... For if we indeed did, your daughter would be safe, this very moment in your wifes arms... And by her own wish, and no other, she would be with you... "

He then turned to jasyn "see that Mr. Danner finds rest... And do enjoy your breakfast... Now, I must prepare for the events of the day..."

With not a word more he stepped away from them both and exited the room, turning down the many hallways of the temple to find a small room filled with many strange items...

He reached out and withdrew a small saphier stone that lie simplisticly upon a silver chain, holding a small rune within its semi-transperent depths...

He nodded and turned away, flowing through the hallways in regal manor, next he would find his son...

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.225
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-18-2002 12:04 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith moved gracefully through the empty streets, the air about her silent save for the squawks and chirps and occasional howl wafting in from the distant jungle. And though to an outside observer her step would appear light, in reality her heart was heavy. Not only did she worry for the welfare of her niece, she now had the even greater worry concerning her own son. For she knew the boy was on a head-on course with Roan; her bottom lip betrayed her thoughts as it suddenly began trembling, and a solitary tear dripped from her violet eyes to wet the gossamer sheen of her gown.

In this manner she came upon the gentle cottage Recinis had brought her to, and entered quickly. It was but the work of a moment to retrieve the Tooth; then she turned and hastened back toward the Temple, so that she could attire herself in the gown of Recinis's choosing, to thus be prepared for the Ceremony Jharu would soon be undertaking.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.5
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-18-2002 12:16 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lord Recinis's words were indeed logical, and Terrin was feeling rather exhausted after his and Jasyn's entirely unpleasant stay in the Imperial prison. For another long moment he stood there quietly as the Dark Lord now departed, still trying to sort through and deal with all the things that had been revealed to him since he'd arrived only moments earlier. At length something Lord Recinis had spoken came to the forefront of his mind, demanding his attention.

...And by her own wish, and no other, she would be with you...

So where exactly was Galen? Graysith had said she was safe, but something about all this didn't make sense. If Galen ran from Admiral Actar and Sorben Tarnus, then how the hell was she safe, especially now that Roan had taken Darra directly from her? If anything, that might place her into even more danger, for certainly she would do everything in her power to find Darra, regardless of where that might lead her.

The truth of the matter was that there were still things Terrin needed answers to and many things he needed to consider carefully. At the moment, however, he didn't think he had the presence of mind to do so. He really hadn't slept in that hellhole of a prison, and quite frankly he wasn't even sure how long he and Jasyn had been there since time had become nothing more than a blur.

Jasyn finally spoke into the quiet and foreboding moment. "We'll be able to better consider what to do about all this after a little sleep, you know," he said. "And," he added, letting the slightest traces of humor creep into his next words, "I'm sure there is some Sith brandy around here somewhere to help you doze off..."

[ 11-18-2002 12:19 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e