my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Path to Endgame (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Path to Endgame
The Master

Member # 529

posted 04-25-2007 09:37 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC:Phalomir, Yaoksi, Master, Rykounagin, Shayla, Llarnalth, Md'diffnnd , Cel, Thea, Aaron, and K’khil arrive from MiddleSpace, Thirdspace in this forum. Thank you.))

The Master beamed an eye at Rykounagin, his mouth set in a sneer.

“I suspected as much,” he said. “The runes tell a story, albeit a bit lacking in plot and character development, but a good story nonetheless. It tells of a cycle, one initiated by the discovery of the All. We have the Sith Triumvirate, you see, the ancient ruling body that has led our people through many countless generations. But when the Dark Lords of old learned of the All, this brought with it greed and a lust for power, and I think you can guess where that sort of thing would lead. That is why Trelanicus was hunted down, and why he allowed his secrets to die with him.”

The Master then ran his finger over several of the raised runes, tracing their lines and curves.

“But his cult lived on,” he said. “To every corner of the Sith worlds they fled, hiding their secrets and burying them in shrouds and riddles only a member of the sect would recognize. They hid clues in temples, on mountaintops, in deep frozen caves, and in simple peasant huts with deep wells.”

The Master continued to run his fingers over the runes, his face becoming more and more calm.

“But this set of runes tells more of the story,” he continued. “It mentions the triumvirate of old, and the path down which it led. The path to its ruin. It tells of the rise of the new triumvirate, and warns against it – that of the female. Oh yes, a female triumvirate alone would be scary enough, but that is not the reason of this warning. This rise will bring about the end of the game.”

The Master moved his hand further along the runes.

“But fear not, lad,” he continued. “For there is a reason for every warning. Someone had the vision to see into the future, you see, giving us the vision to change the present and affect the future. And so we shall, once we find the key to your doorway there. Help me, would you?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.162.64.97
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 04-25-2007 09:42 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I frowned, not really caring for the direction in which events seemed to be heading.

"Ahh- right," I opened with, then laid a hand on the Sith's shoulder. Pressing in, be he Dark Lord or no, I gritted my teeth and turned him to face me.

"Right," I repeated, letting my hand drop. "Look, pal, I'm really not quite certain of all the political intrigue you seem to be conjuring up--" For why else would someone clone a lot of a particular someone else? "What I do know is that standing here, wherever the hell here is, and dithering away isn't getting us any nearer to finding the friends I said I'd help find."

I stared him smack straight in his brilliant green eyes, daring him to even think of going off in another direction. I didn't give up the best ship ever to fly the spaceways in order to play patsy to some unknown culture's magical machinations.

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 04-25-2007 09:57 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stared at Yaoksi, his anger burning holes into the poor man’s soul. But it was not anger at Yaoksi, it was the rage of being used, of being a pawn in a game he did not understand, of being thwarted at every turn in the pursuit of a simple bit of happiness. His eyes shown a brilliant green in the dim light of the room, fueled by the magick inside of him.

“Your problems are petty,” he said. “But I suppose in the big picture so are mine. So are all of us. The best one can do is make use of the time at hand and strive for what makes you happy. Your ship makes you happy, as does being with your friends.”

Phalomir looked again at the rows of clones, and shook his head.

“And I will help you, as I promised. Our paths have crossed at this juncture, and this must mean something. But I do not know how to leave this planet, not without the use of a portal. However, I believe I have found my answers, and we may leave this place at least.”

Phalomir placed his hand on Yaoksi’s shoulder and walked past, towards the door.

“The Master can take perhaps take us to the Darker Realms, and then from there back to anywhere in our own realm. If we find him, that is right now our best hope.”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.162.64.97
Llarnalth

Broken Back Button

Member # 920

posted 04-25-2007 10:12 PM     Profile for Llarnalth   Author's Homepage   Email Llarnalth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The animal’s thoughts poured into Shayla. It sniffed the air, sensing life all around. It lowered its head and pointed in a direction slightly to the left, then leaped into action. Shayla barely held on as Llarnalth sprung through the brush and caught a large winged bird as it tried to take to the air. It clamped down with its might jaws and splintered the hapless bird’s ribcage. In a few hungry bites the only thing left of the bird was a few feathers lying on the ground.

The power coursed through the tuk’ata now, and it fed into Shayla as well. He could feel her as well, and Llarnalth was beginning to like this new relationship.

Hunt I, eat I. Hunt I, eat you. What eat you? What kill I for you?

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Apr 2007  |  Logged: 172.162.64.97
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-25-2007 10:22 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the strength of the tuk'ata coursed through Shayla's soul, its question fed something deep within.

Ahhhh...the foul of the air does produce great sustance, she thought back to the creature. And as for what you can kill otherwise, well...

...a time may come for that as well. There are those here, after all, who seek to destroy what their small minds cannot understand...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Llarnalth

Broken Back Button

Member # 920

posted 04-25-2007 11:21 PM     Profile for Llarnalth   Author's Homepage   Email Llarnalth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The tuk’ata felt Shayla’s thoughts. It saw the others: Yaoksi, K’khil, Aaron, Thea, and Cel. It then saw the Master and Ryknounagin, and felt Shayla’s distrust of them. It’s mouth watered in anticipation of biting into them, and it’s body trembled. But then it saw Phalomir in its mind. The hulking Sith Lord, a powerful bond with the land here, the Temple. But something very wrong in the mind of the human, something that saw Phalomir as dangerous, deadly. The Sith must be hunted, must be prey. Must be prey.

Must be prey…

The tuk’ata lifted its head high into the air and sniffed deeply. It smelled the Sith, and of the other tuk’ata. It would be a challenge indeed, but it lived for the hunt.

And the hunt was life.

It turned on its haunches and began to trot quietly through the jungle, following the scent, and carefully closing the kilometers between it and the Temple.

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Apr 2007  |  Logged: 172.162.64.97
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 04-25-2007 11:24 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I drew myself up at this, totally affronted.

"Hey look, buster," I couldn't help bristling. "My so-called problems didn't even exist until certain people came along and sidetracked me from hunting for the people I've been trying to help find in a logical, normal manner. No Darker Realms, no demons from hell, no tomatoes who tell you where to go on planets taken out of the universe--"

I puffed for air.

"And no ship! Dammit, why do I do this? Why do I just go along with what every gut instinct I have tells me is wrong? Look, you might have some weirdo from thousands of years past out after your most Royal Lordshipness or whatever, but all I ask out of life is to get back to it.

"And a return trip to that place worse than hell is not my idea of how to go about doing it! You're the High Mucketty-Muckness of Sithydom, you're the ones with all the hoo-doo; you just figure out a way to get us the hell out of here and back to normalcy!"

I don't know why I snapped; probably just the thought of having to face another trek through horror once again. And I didn't know if it was the actual place itself that was making me react this way... or the prospect of stumbling across the sad remains of my poor Devil.

Who knew.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-27-2007 11:21 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the tuk'ata continued stealthing through the jungle, Shayla's dark thoughts turned to whatever plans she had been laying, to her purpose for being on the planet to begin with.

Find out what weapons...

Shayla pursed her lips.

The Dark Lord is the supposed Clan Leader of the Weapons Clan. Here lies knowledge of things that may be used to control the natural unnaturally, and he will attempt to access them. I must first know of any devices, and what they can do...

...before the pretender is dealt with...

As these final thoughts passed through Shayla's mind and to the tuk'ata's, the shadow of the looming Temple began to show in the distance in front of them.

[ 04-27-2007 11:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-30-2007 12:33 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I had frowned inwardly at one point of his story, when he spoke of hiding the secrets in many places. I began to wonder if the cave in which I had successfully penetrated into the Darker Realms was one such location. I did, however, not inform him of this.

"Sure." I said, beginning to examine the room more closely, while my thoughts went over the triumverate. Specifically the Female Triumverate.

It was a curious thought in my mind, that so much could be set upon the gender of one. I supposed it was important in one way or another, but in my cult training, no distinction had ever been made upon ones gender when it came to ability or skill. The only importance in gender for the cult had been the continuation of the bloodline, and thus, the continuation of the cult.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.150.135
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 04-30-2007 07:53 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir sighed, looking at Yaoksi with tired eyes.

“I said I would help you, did I not?” he said. “The problem we have, however, is that there is nothing in the arsenal that would assist us directly in finding a way home. That leaves two immediate options. First, we find the Master and travel through the Darker Realms. I understand your fear of this, and I cannot fault you for that. I too have my trepidations of that option, but with the combined power of myself, the Master, and--”

Phalomir paused, as if trying to force a bad taste upwards.

“—Rykounagin, we should be able to stall long enough to get the hell out of there without harm. It would only take a second or two. Another option, although this will seem strange to you also, is to take advantage of one of many random doorways out of the Elseness. This is a world between worlds, and there are countless portals that lead out of here to other worlds. The problems with this are, firstly, we need to remove ourselves from the planet to find a portal, and, worse, we have no idea where – or when – such a portal would lead.”

Phalomir shook his head.

“So, unless we somehow find another option, that is what I must go by. I suggest we find the others, so we may all be together, whichever option we are able to take. Are you in agreement with that much?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 65.100.20.152
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 04-30-2007 08:56 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I let my ruffled feathers subside a little, and cocked my head slightly to take another look at the Sith Lord. A really good look; from his expression he looked as tired as I was scared to death, as if he was carrying some immense, unknown weight upon his shoulders.

Suddenly I felt badly about snapping at him. I lifted my chin, and in strove to lighten my tone a bit.

"Well... it's the best we can do at the moment, and I suppose that since you're who you are with all your hoo-doo, if someone begins to act up against us you can offer protection to complement what I can."

I patted my holster, and let a little smile creep about my lips. Funny how it's presence, along with my attempt to not be so witchy to Phalomir, seemed to suddenly lighten my own terrified spirits.

I took another look around, waved a hand to indicate the clones.

"Ummm... I know I said these guys would more than likely be unnoticed here, if not unattainable. But do you think you should maybe, well, muzzle them or something? You know, just in case--"

I didn't finish that sentence, not wanting to give myself a recurrence of heebie-jeebies. Anyone who could blithely parade onto this strange world, hidden as it was in this strange place, and who would then put into action whatever it was he was thinking of doing, was someone I didn't want to come close to meeting.

Not even in a dream. And what with Phal's talk of being displaced in time... and now the announcement of these portals that send you to when he didn't know... well. It suddenly seemed that leaving these clones unattended didn't seem to be in the best interests of the Sith Lord.

But then, who was I to tell him what to do. So I just put the biggest smile that I could on my face, gripped my blaster, nodded backward over my shoulder and said:

"Are we walking, or is Fido gonna carry us?"

[ 04-30-2007 09:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 04-30-2007 09:23 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The corner of Phalomir’s mouth turned upward as he looked at Yaoksi. He held his hand out behind him and indicated the door.

“Not carry,” he said. “But go to him, he will show us the way. I feel better about this decision, my instinct is still to ‘muzzle’ them…”

Phalomir waited as Yaoksi gave him a strange look but then moved past. As soon as Yaoksi was free, Phalomir raised both of his hands and held his palms out, one each towards the first block of ice in each row. A bright light shone from his eyes as a fiery red energy struck from his hands and blasted into the ice. The energy then arced to the next block in each row, then the next, until each block was part of the chain of red power. Phalomir let loose with a loud, vicious roar and the red power surged. One by one, along each row, the blocks of ice exploded into chards and smoke.

Phalomir let the power subside, and before the smoke cleared he turned to accompany Yaoksi from the room and to the tuk’ata. The animal snorted, then turned to lead the way back through the dark halls.

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 65.100.20.152
Llarnalth

Broken Back Button

Member # 920

posted 04-30-2007 09:36 PM     Profile for Llarnalth   Author's Homepage   Email Llarnalth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Llarnalth stalked through the jungle, sniffing and tracking. Then he stopped, his face tentacles twitching and eyes looking straight ahead.

Lair, it sent to Shayla. Close, lair am here. Blood-clan, not mine, not friendly. Mine killed, dead all, but other clan live here. Move we, smelling me. Smelling blood-clan, here living; smelling Dark Lord, in there being

The tuk’ata snarled low.

Move we? Kill we?

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Apr 2007  |  Logged: 65.100.20.152
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-30-2007 09:53 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
We move at first in silence, away from watching eyes, carefully. I must know what weaponry is in this place...

...and more importantly, what it may be used for...

Trailing at this, a little dark thought crept into Shayla's mind of a threat which was a very real and palpable thing to her. for if there was weaponry here accessible to certain individuals who may be able to learn how to use such weaponry...

Intolerable.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Master

Member # 529

posted 04-30-2007 09:53 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“That little door you found, with the footsteps stopping at it,” the Master muttered as he moved his fingers over the runes. “There may be a trigger, perhaps a special sequence of runes to be touched, or a special plate to be stepped upon. That is what we must search for.”

The Master continued to touch the runes, quickly traversing through sequence after sequence. His hands moved unnaturally fast and after a few moments he stopped and sighed.

“There must be something,” he said. You check the floor and walls, I will check more of this statue.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 65.100.20.152
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-30-2007 10:06 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shook my head. "Or we can do this quickly. Move." I said, holding my hand out at the door and gesturing at him to back away. With a painful moment of concentration, I let off a flare of flame to roll over the door and the area around it.

It was only a momentary flare, the backdraft leaving a momentary void in the air before it was filled by rushing air from the stairwell.

But more importantly now, there was only one rune that stood out, that now glowed with the appearance of trapped fire. "You see, like magnets, magic attracts magic. That's our key." I said, gesturing at it casually. "You can figure out how to trigger it." I said, not up to full strength yet even considering the healing.

I knew that within half an hour or so I'd be fine, but for now I didn't want to push it. "Let's hurry up eh?"

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.150.135
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 04-30-2007 10:32 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I remained stone-still a moment, wondering what in all the known universe he'd be worried about with power like that at his disposal. Then I swallowed thickly, and moved on out, approaching the enormous, tentacled beast and setting a pace at it's flank. It rumbled something unintelligible, but no words came creeping into my mind, trying to tell me where to go or what to do.

Which was just fine and dandy with me!

--------------------

K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 05-01-2007 01:03 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Verpine stared at the glowing sigils in mute curiosity, watching carefully as they melded into the greeny-golden swirls of the medium that disclosed them only to obscure them again behind layers of writhing beauty. Over and over this happened, until at length they faded from sight altogether, returning the device to its former blank, illuminating light.

He understood immediately. Setting Link down, he approached more closely and stopped a meter or so from the edge of the strange device.

"On Sith world, how heavy blockade is?" he queried, feeling that the answer to this question might indeed prove to be helpful in the future. But to his amazement, nothing happened. The device merely remained stubbornly blank.

He turned to Aaron, clattered his mandibles a bit and then returned to the device.

"On Sullust, Piringiisi volcano erupting, is?" he tried experimentally.

Nothing.

He would have frowned had he the ability. Instead his mandibles set up a staccato racket for a second or two before quieting enough for him to ask a third question.

"World this is?" he asked hopefully.

The device acquiesced to reply to this, the greeny-golden mystery within it now swirling in loops and coils to finally coalesce into a rather mediocre looking world. Over this world an image of a sigil appeared, one that once again mirrored the one on Phalomir's wrist. Behind the world, however, lay a murky smog that was clearly not the black of space.

K'kihl nodded, his understanding now complete.

"Limited in power, is this device," he asserted then. "Of this world only can it reveal; of otherness, not. Whether built to reveal this world only, or also trapped by strangeness, speculate I not."

He shrugged, then straightened.

"This room, of itself or larger place is?" he asked, waving a manipulatory appendage to the side. Once more the device obliged him, the image of the world warping and fading only to be replaced by a schematic view of a rather imposing looking ediface. From one spot along it's boundary outline a thin line ran straight and true off into obscurity; close to where that line intersected the outline of the building four bright green dots were blinking.

"Ahh--" the Verpine stated then, and stated no more but leaned in more closely to study the schematic with his engineer's eye. At length he whirled and moved quickly away, coming to a halt in front of one of the bookcases. He studied the book titles with great care, at last coming to one bearing on its binding the same sigil Phalomir wore. With a little clack of his mandibles, K'kihl reached out and pushed the book.

The entire bookcase rotated on its axis, stopping perpendicular to its original position. Beyond, the insectoid could make out a great, shadowy room, one filled with richness and wonder and even more strange looking devices.

He looked back at Aaron, who was still eyeing the image in the device.

"In go we again," K'kihl stated, nodding first to the others and then toward the bookcase. Without waiting futher he stepped through the opening the bookcase revealed to then begin inspecting his new, immediate surroundings.

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.6
The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-02-2007 07:50 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master glared at Rykounagin, his face set in a half frown.

“Yes,” he said. “You have managed to discover that the runes are lined with Sith magick. I could have told you that. But it does not provide an answer as to what sequence, or combination, or even with what body part to touch them. However…”

The Master studied the statue, his eyes moving slowly up and down the ancient stone.

“Perhaps the runes are a distraction,” he continued. He raised his hand and held it over the statue’s face, and a line of intense red light flashed from his hand and shown on the stone. He moved his hand slowly down the statue, sliding it left to right as he made his way down. When he reached the midsection of the statue, a small rectangular shape was outlined in the red.

Eyebrow raised, the Master reached for the rectangle with his other hand and pressed the middle of it. A nearly inaudible click preceded a rumbling that reverberated through the chamber, and the area of wall in front of the footsteps slid slowly open. The Master waggled his eyebrows at Rykounagin, let the light from his hand go out, and together with Rykounagin stepped to the now open doorway.

A set of steps let down into darkness.

“I would hazard a guess that they went that-away,” he said. “After you?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Md'diffnnd

Member # 519

posted 05-02-2007 08:08 PM     Profile for Md'diffnnd   Author's Homepage   Email Md'diffnnd     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The old, powerful tuk’ata led the human and the Dark Lord through a twisted maze of hallways, sloping and stepping upwards. The halls, mostly dark, though some were dimly lit by small stones embedded in the walls. Now that they were walking instead of flying through on the back of a tuk’ata, Phalomir and Yaoksi could smell the must and see the places where the walls dripped with water.

Eventually they up far enough where the water ceased to show on the walls, and after walking for seemed like an eternity the smell of fresh air came into the halls.

Then the tuk’ata stopped abruptly, causing Yaoksi to stumble into its tail. It sniffed at the air, over and over, in long breaths. After a moment it lowered its head and uttered a low growl.

Other near is, it sent to both Phalomir and Yaoksi. Welcomed not, enemy maybe is. In Temple is. Fighting am I, calling bloodclan am I.

The tuk’ata let loose with a long, loud wail that resounded though the hall. Both Yaoksi and Phalomir were forced to hold their ears as the tuk’ata’s vocals blasted through the temple. After a full minute it finally went silent.

Brothers told. The tuk’ata again sniffed the air. Others here is, temple in is.

Another low growl came forth, but this one held more contempt. The tuk’ata stalked forward, leaving Phalomir and Yaoksi to look at each other in momentary confusion.

[ 05-02-2007 08:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by patternghost ]

Posts: 19 | From: | Registered: Nov 2003  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Llarnalth

Broken Back Button

Member # 920

posted 05-02-2007 08:39 PM     Profile for Llarnalth   Author's Homepage   Email Llarnalth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Llarnalth growled his agreement, and trotted onward. Silent at first, as instructed, but then a scent wafted across its nostrils and it sprang forth at a full run. Shayla struggled to hang on as the animal sprinted deftly through the jungle.

In a few minutes, the distant top of the temple was visible through the sporadic clearings. The tuk’ata pressed on, slowing only for maneuvering around trees and brush, until all at once it stopped, front paws skidding into the dirt. Shayla again nearly tumbled off, this time grabbing tightly to avoid flying over the beast’s head.

A quiet animal wail could be heard, carried by the wind from the distant temple.

Calling huntpack it is, enemies many. Kill now must, surprise none.

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Apr 2007  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 05-02-2007 08:42 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Even though the animal was clearly speaking to the Sith Lord, something of his communication came poking into my brainpan as well. Probably because he had already spoken to me in the weird manner he had; the sense I got, combined with the tomato's change in attitude, led me to understand immediately that we were more than likely not alone.

I lifted a brow at this, turned to Phal.

"I thought you said this world was empty?" I asked, now turning away to watch the staccato go muffling off, grumbling to itself.

"Who in all the known universe could it be that he senses here? It couldn't possibly be any of our party; I rode Fido there for simply ever to get here to you. I can't imagine that everyone else managed to find tuskereenos of their own to use as personal taxis..."

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.100.6
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 05-02-2007 08:54 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir nodded.

“Yes, there is something else in this temple. A tuscata’s -- tuk’ata’s -- senses are very acute. It said it was something unwelcome, perhaps an enemy. Ours, or his, I am not sure, but we can be fairly certain that any enemy of his is an enemy of ours. I suggest we stay close to him, and you stay between him and me. I can provide protection with my magicks, and can draw upon the energies of the Temple.”

Phalomir turned to look behind, the halls dimly lit and now foreboding with the tuk’ata’s warning. He sighed and turned back to face Yaoksi.

“He said he called his brothers, so there will soon be a host of tom—of tuk’ata outside. Do not be alarmed when you see them, they are part of his pack, and will not harm you. At least, they should not.”

Phalomir half-smiled and began to walk with Yaoksi.

“You should have been with us when I first came here with Galen, Jharmeen, and the others. The tuk’ata lined the road to the Temple and sang for us. It had been a very long time since a Dark Lord walked these halls, and this clan had been the lone guardians of the Temple all that time. They are fearsome allies.”

A thought struck Phalomir as they walked.

“What did you say happened to the others after I was taken by the tuk'ata? Especially Shayla?”

[ 05-02-2007 09:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by patternghost ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 05-02-2007 09:14 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Shayla--"

I shook my head, my thoughts darkening as memories came rushing back.

"Well, there was a general brouhaha and confusion when you were snatched; the consensus was that you were din-din for Fido, although she kept insisting you weren't. Your dear ol' dad didn't believe her, and wanted to take us back to reality through the Darker Realms, and his sidekick wasn't doing much to try to dissuade him.

"Me? No way in hell, buster; I thought it would be better to go see if you really had been made into mincemeat, and suddenly your papa changes his ever-lovin mind. Poof-- he makes a nice little path where the taskerdoodle had run off with you. We were in the middle of debating what to do then, when Blondie goes all dark and ballistic on us, and whammies your pop and his little stooge. Puts 'em into some kind of sleep, covers 'em with vines.

"That didn't cotton well with me. And then soon thereafter, Thea drops down in some kind of sleep she insisted she didn't create. I still don't believe her, though..."

I paused a moment to study the walls we were passing. They seemed to stretch upward into infinity, covered with runes and sigils and strange images and pictoliths. I shook my head, brought my wondering senses back to earth again, and taking a deep breath of air pressed on.

"Basically, I said I was going to find you. I left K'kihl with the kids and took off, and finally met up with Fido at the little stone hut.

"The rest, as they say, is history."

[ 05-02-2007 09:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.100.6
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 05-02-2007 09:47 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“If I were to assume the worse, I would say that Shayla is immobilizing those who could pose a threat to her,” Phalomir said. “The Master with his use of the All and Sith magick, Rykounagin with his skills, and Thea with her force use. Since you said she insisted I was not dead, she must have been able to somehow sense me. If she is true to her actions, and if I am correct in my assumptions, she will be trying to find me.”

Phalomir continued walking, looking at the walls much in the same way Yaoksi had.

“I do not wish to harm her,” he said. “I must continue to hope that I am wrong in what I fear, but she continues to give me reason to doubt that she is control of her actions. If there is a way to bring her around, to free her from this possession, if that is what it is, I must find it. Not only is she a dear friend, but freeing her may help me understand how to free Jharmeen as well. What was her demeanor when she insisted I was alive? Was she acting concerned, or more like a predator making sure?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05