my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Path to Endgame (Page 11)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Path to Endgame
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 08-23-2007 09:49 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron shot Phalomir a sideways look. He was already troubled enough that two members of their party had disappeared to who knows where and now they had a tuk'ata bearing in on them.

And Phalomir expected that shooting the thing was going to be enough to stop it?

"I would have thought you'd have a better plan than that," Aaron said through gritted teeth even as the tuk'ata prepared to charge, its fangs exposed and deadly.

Now he wished he had gone through the doorway or whatever. Could it be much worse than this?

Not knowing what else to do, Aaron set his blaster to stun, thinking that the lesser precision required to stun would immoblize the creature faster than making a shot to a vital organ. Then he let loose a barrage of stun bolts towards the tuk'ata's now charging body.

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-26-2007 09:45 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Panthar enters from Silence of the Lambs in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

Panthar stepped through the portal and stood beside Aelvedaar.

“It’s been a while since I’ve been here,” he said. “Cripes, I forgot how wild this place is. They could be anywhere, couldn’t they? How do you suppose we’ll find them?”

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 08-26-2007 09:47 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The tuk’ata charged, a snarl thrusting from its mouth as white foam flew from its face tentacles. The stun bolts slammed into the animal, absorbing into the extremely tough hide of the beast and dispersing. Not hurting it, the bolts did capture the tuk’ata’s attention for a second.

Which is what Phalomir was hoping for.

The beast turned its head mid-leap to look at Aaron, hate and fire blasting from its eyes. Phalomir at that moment caught a large chunk of rubble with his magick. It lay between the group and the charging animal, and in an instant it was slinging across the space between the floor and the tuk’ata’s head, smacking the animal squarely between the eyes. The tuk’ata’s trajectory altered just enough to send it flailing to the side and into the wall, where it lay, momentarily dazed.

Phalomir quickly waved his hands before him in a circular motion and the air around the tuk’ata began to swirl. Dust clamored about the animal’s head in a mass of movement, until a small tornado seemed to whirl around the whole front of the tuk’ata. Phalomir continued this for several seconds, draining the air from around the beast so it could not breath.

“Quickly,” he said, “There is no telling how many other tuk’ata are waiting in here, let us go back to the entrance and rejoin my bloodhunt companion! Go, now!”

Phalomir held his magick, waiting for the others to move.

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-28-2007 08:57 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Shayla enters from Silence of the Lambs in this same forum.)))

As Shayla stepped through the portal, she stretched out to sense the wild tuk'ata which she had connected with and sent to attack Phalomir. Not knowing if the beast would recognize her after the Darkness was removed from her, nor if it could even "hear" her call from their possible distance from it, she knew she had to try regardless.

"I sent a wild tuk'ata after Phalomir and the others," she explained to those who had already stepped through the portal. "I'm attempting to call off the attack...

...but the tuk'ata is wild, and I don't know how far we are from its location," she admitted, worry flitting through her greeny-blue eyes.

Shayla tapped in to her link with the creature as best she could, sensing some distance from it but not too much to miss the hunting sense in its thoughts.

Prey is not prey, she thought to the beast. Prey is friend. No attack. [b]No attack.[/b}}

she pulled back slightly on the link, and looked once more to the others. "I've done what I can," she said. "We should hurry."

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 08-29-2007 12:12 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I wait but a moment longer, simply to see who else should follow us into this place. After a brief time passed without anyone further entering from my Temple, I raise one hand and twist it at the wrist, allowing the Portal I have opened to then close.

I then turn to the young Adept.

"Did you blood-bond with this tuk'ata in a Blood-Hunt ritual?" I ask quickly. The confusion in her eyes confirms my suspicion about her link with this wild and dangerous beast.

"I thought not; hence, we can only presume it was the Darkness within you that had. Therefore we must also assume that the animal is yet predisposed to attack Lord Phalomir and the others as it was formerly directed--"

I truncate the remainder, now turning slightly toward a somewhat anxious-looking Panthar Dantares.

"Indeed, we must hasten, and this is how we shall find them."

I point in one direction, one showing us nothing but leaves and branches and greenery and swamp.

"The Temple of the Armorers is that way; as a Dark Lord of the Sith, you must trust that I simply know this to be true. And to get to it quickly--"

Once more I reach out with one hand, first and fourth fingers extended like horns, the remaining curled against the palm of my hand, snug against my thumb. I twist the hand at the wrist; once again the writhing mystery of a Portal opens through the All, one I have made to take us directly to the steps of the Temple of the Armorers.

"Come," I state as I move toward the Portal.

"We must indeed hasten, for it is not only against raging tuk'ata that we must beware."

I let them analyze that cryptic remark as they see fit, and step through the Portal, coming immediately out upon the heavily jungled pathway which leads to the front entrance to the Temple. Before me I see the Dark Lord we have come to find, along with others of his party, who is standing with arm raised in apparent defense against a charging tuk'ata.

I immediately join the battle, reaching out with the splendor of the All to further manipulate the molecules of air by which he holds the flailing animal. Obedient to the glue which binds all, they move, removing themselves from the topside of the creature to cluster beneath it. Now buoyed by a denser layer of air and given momentum via Phalomir's magicks, the thrashing beast rises upward, slowly but inexorably. Up and up it goes, until after attaining an altitude of perhaps twenty meters I withdraw my influence.

The tuk'ata drops like a veritable stone, crashing down upon the living stone upon which the others stand. There it lays motionless, alive but unconscious from the impact.

I approach Lord Phalomir now, pausing before him and bowing my head in acknowledgment.

"Greetings, Brother; it is good to see you all alive."

[ 08-29-2007 12:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 08-29-2007 04:51 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hearing the massive commotion ahead, I began to move at a tripletime through the path of rubble, conjuring the Lotus to my hand as I came about through a final corner, hearing a voice ahead.

"Greetings, Brother; it is good to see you all alive."

I had heard that silken voice far too many times in the past not to recognize it, and came about the corner at a slower pace, not letting any weariness show.

"Well, it seems you brought friends." I commented, Lotus pointed to the ground in hand, raising my eyebrows.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.218.127.101
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-29-2007 09:00 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I turn to the white-haired assassin, my demeanor calm and composed. Facing him squarely, I quirk a brow.

"Perhaps you are of a mind that there are enemies present," I say, nodding once in the direction of the lowered weapon in his hand.

[ 08-29-2007 09:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 08-29-2007 09:31 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir sighed deeply and looked at Rykounagin.

“I am glad to see you made it to us in time,” he said. “But if you want to come with us then you must put that away and behave yourself. There is no need for violence or dark thoughts here, we must escape this place together.”

Phalomir looked at Aelvedaar, gratefully.

“It is indeed very good to see you,” he said quietly, “but I suggest we make haste from here. There are things I must tell you, about Jharmeen and Shayla, there is a darkness within them and I fear they cannot be trusted. But let us worry upon this later, I believe the boy is somehow redeemable.”

Phalomir’s eyes caught another person stepping through the portal, and his face lit up when he saw who it was.

“Panthar, my boon companion!” he exclaimed. “Welcome to my clan’s homeland! Now let us make a hasty exit.”

“Will you comply with my request?” he called to Rykounagin. “Display no weapon and hold no hostile action, and escape here with us? If not, there is a wild tuk'ata within the temple who would love to have you stay for dinner.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.131.40.199
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-29-2007 09:41 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I do not dwell long upon the words of my Brother Dark Lord, for I know his worries to no longer have any foundation. But now is not the time to discuss the issue; I nod toward him, then to the cult assassin. As all appear to be present in Lord Phalomir's party, I once more open a Portal through the All, this one back into the realm of sanity.

"If you will all please go now..."

I step to one side of the portal, desiring to be the final one through, in order to make certain no other wild beasts try to follow us.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 08-30-2007 04:26 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"As if I started the aggression." I commented, flicking my wrist, letting the Lotus fall, the magical blade disappearing before it had hit the ground. "Well then, let's go."

I finished, desiring to leave this place likely more than other, feeling a quiet shiver run through me as I walked through the portal to the other side.

((OOC: Rykounagin progresses to Silence of the Lambs in the Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple, thankyou.))

[ 08-30-2007 08:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.218.127.101
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 08-31-2007 01:47 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir gave a nod, and walked through the portal. He turned and smiled as Panthar followed close behind, a look on his face that indicated he wanted to say something. Then he mouthed something that looked the world to Phalomir to be “Jah-mees”.

Jah-mees? Jammies? He wants to go to bed?

Phalomir shook his head slightly, wishing that Panthar would at least whisper so that Phalomir’s keen hearing could catch the word. But instead Panthar just smiled.

Phalomir turned as he walked into the room beyond the portal. He stopped when he saw the face of the woman he loved more than anything else in his life, his heart leaping out to her but his mind still wary of the darkness within her, for that was what he last knew.

Yet something was different, very different. He gazed into her eyes, and could see clearly what that difference was. They were her eyes….

“Jharmeen?” he asked. “My lady?”

((OOC: Phalomir returns to Silence of the Lambs in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

[ 08-31-2007 11:06 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 09-02-2007 08:26 AM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron stood for several seconds frozen, his blaster still pointed in the direction of the fallen tuk'ata, before reality registered and his fight or flight instinct toned down a bit. As the others passed through the Portal and to the other side, however, he frowned.

"Hey wait a minute," he said at Phalomir's departing back, then turning to Lord Aelvedaar. "What about Yaoksi and Link? They stepped through some sort of portal or something and just disappeared. We can't just leave them, the Fates only know where they went."

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-02-2007 10:50 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The implications of this comment gives me great cause for concern, but not for their actual surface value. While I do not believe I shall have any problem locating the missing people once I return to my temple, the fact that they HAVE turned up missing, disappearing entirely in view of the others, is troubling to say the least.

For when I was in meditation aboard Rescue One, on the bog-world of Dagobah, it was not solely to calm my spirit and strengthen my body. During that time I had touched the soul of the All, a feat I yet hope to teach to my Son and Chosen Daughter; it was during that time of self-segregation that I discovered what now seems to be the comparatively insignificant threat of the approaching Yuuzhan Vong.

This world, placed here to keep it from the reality of others, seems not as aloof as a certain Being of my fresh acquaintance undoubtedly would like it. I find it troubling as well that during this group's time here nothing untoward has occurred to anyone, not necessarily meaning any of those in this party, but in the Universe in general. Well do I recall those terrifying images which depicted Time freezing completely -- as do I remember my own actual and shivering gut reaction after it had resumed; I now know normalcy recurred only after the placement of this tiny and seeming unobtrusive system here in the Elseness... where it was meant to be left alone.

"I shall be able to locate your missing people," I finally respond, keeping my voice calm and freed of any indication of the troubling thoughts which plague me.

"It would be to their best interests if we hasten from this place as quickly as we can, if only the faster to find and retrieve them, don't you agree?"

I remain silent by the Portal I have opened, quietly urging the others to hasten their steps. A small smile flicks at the corners of my mouth as the chattering Verpine waits no longer, but follows my suggestion with surprising alacrity.

[ 09-02-2007 11:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 09-02-2007 08:15 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron nodded, at first slowly, but then with growing resolve. "Yes, the sooner...

...the better."

He paused, frowning once more. "Gods only know where they ended up."

With that final observation, Aaron stepped obligingly through the Portal and to the other side.

(((OCC: Follow Aaron into Silence of the Lambs in this forum, thank you.)))

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-02-2007 09:05 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla stepped up to the Portal, pausing to look Aelvedaar's way, her greeny-blue eyes deceptively calm.

She knew he knew differently, for her heart was angered by the inescapable presence of one Rykounagin. She held her feelings at bay, however...

...at least for the moment, and stepped the rest of the way through the Portal.

(((OCC Follow Shayla into Silence of the Lambs in this Forum.)))

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-09-2007 10:29 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the last soul flickers away through the Portal, returning to the safety of my Temple in the realms of sanity and reality, I cast a final glance about myself. On three sides the living jungle of Kori'sian pulsates with vibrant life, filled with the noises of creatures who occupy both air and ground. Closing my eyes, I reach out with my talents, casting about for any last living thing who might remain in this placed removed from the Universe, for once I close this Portal it is my intention never to open another.

I sincerely hope That Other which I know holds this place in high esteem realizes this, and does not deem it necessary to interfere in our lives or that of any other anymore.

Nothing; the closest thing to an intelligent lifeform that I can sense is the quasi-one of the tuk'ata which claim this planet; a brief flash of sorrow wells up in me, for I know that this is where my people will separate from one of their nearest and dearest traditions.

Ahh... but perhaps then the warriors will then fully understand the necessity of my clan, more so than they ever have, and perhaps take upon themselves the glimmering idea that there is indeed more to protecting others than mere brawn...

A ghost of a smile creeps across my lips at the thought. Then I shake such idle fancies from my mind, focusing outward and all about. The stones of the Temple hulk upon the remaining side; at its steps, the muscular form of the unbonded tuk'ata stirs.

I sigh and wait no longer, but slip through the portal, returning to my temple on Khar Delba where the others are safely waiting.

((OOC: Lord Aelvedaar returns to Silence of the Lambs in the "Sith/Jedi" forums, thank you.))

[ 09-09-2007 10:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05