my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Path to Endgame (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Path to Endgame
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 05-31-2007 11:49 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Verpine sidled over to his companion, laid a comforting pincer atop his shoulder. His mandibles chattered at how Yaoksi jumped at the touch; leaning in a bit, he whispered into the human's ear.

"Thinks you are savior of the universe, does he," he asserted with a definitive nod toward the burly Sith Lord, who was and yet somehow was not Lord Phalomir.

[ 05-31-2007 11:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by K'kihl ]

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-01-2007 12:04 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"There will be no further discussion of this until you have delivered to me your son!" Shayla hissed, growing very tired of the continuing discussion.

"These word games you play have grown tiresome, and we are past the point for me to entertain further requests from you. You are trying my patience...make your choice and follow through on your promises or begone.

"Only when you have given me your son will we determine the changes in our agreement that you require."

[ 06-01-2007 12:06 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Master

Member # 529

posted 06-01-2007 09:37 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Further requests…” the Master paused, then burst out laughing. “Oh my, how rich indeed to see the true business person within you reach out for a hug. I see now why you need to bond with mortals, it gives you a sense of decency. But still, you are transparent. What care do you have of time? You have waited for so long, and with such great patience. What is it that now draws your attention to how quickly time passes?”

He raise a smug eyebrow to the woman before him.

“Could it be that this one is too strong for you?” he asked thoughtfully. “Perhaps she was not as easy prey as you would have thought? Has she turned the tables on you, my friend? Who speaks before now me, and just who controls whom?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 06-01-2007 09:44 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir smiled dryly.

“Not of the Universe, my friend, but nonetheless a very important figure in history. We met many years ago, at the start of the war, when you and the others convinced your Empire to join in our alliance…”

He paused, reading the stares from more than just Yaoksi.

“But I shall not bore you with adulations, I am sure you receive enough to make you long for simpler times, eh? I must admit, I am confused as to where I am and how I came to be in this place. I – I do not remember everything, just bits and pieces, but now that I see a friend I feel more at ease. Please, tell me, where are we? And why has someone created a – a clone of me?”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 06-03-2007 12:53 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Ahh-- er--" I stammered, mentally scratching my head at what to me was a quandary greater than that one stated by the old Han Solo, who claimed to make the famed Kessel Run in a unit of distance rather than time. Trying to unravel exactly what he had meant had always been a mind game I occupied myself with in idle moments, but this--

"Well..." I drawled in another attempt. "As far as I can tell, we're on a Sith world aiming for a Sith temple, one of armorers, I think is what you told me-- er, rather what he told me-- that is, somebody told me..."

I trailed again, cringing inwardly at how ridiculous this all probably sounded. Cringed further, for it was about to become even more so.

"And we're stuck in some other dimension, something called the Elseness, I think; we were tricked to coming here by the Lady Graysith, who sent her little stooge Shayla along to keep tabs on us-- we think.

"As for who would make a clone of you, or why, I haven't the slightest idea. I'm new to this, buddy; all I can tell you is that there apparently were a passel of clones, but your twin whammied 'em, and was going to whammy you-- er, he headed off to kill himself, I think; at least that's what he indicated he was going to do... unless he's you; er, you're him... ahh--"

I ground to a halt, sending Aaron a silent look which cried out for assistance, still cringing and berating myself for not sounding more believable. But then, considering what we'd all been through, who could really blame me...

Right?

[ 04-25-2011 03:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 06-03-2007 08:24 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
To say Aaron was just a little on edge himself was putting things mildly. And as nice as this particular Phalomir seemed, he couldn't be their Phalomir. Which he pretty much suspected, judging from Yaoksi's reactions, at least one or more of the others knew as well.

"It is good to meet you," Aaron suddenly broke forth with, sensing Yaoksi's unease. "I'm Aaron Barnes, owner of Eagle Enterprises. Pardon me if I'm being impolite, but could you tell me where the...

...ah...

... other Phalomir went, and when he plans to join us?"

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-03-2007 11:48 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I'm flattered that you esteem me so highly," Shayla oozed, an oily smile growing on her face. "Regardless I will make no further bargains with you unless you deliver your son as promised. Or have you decided he is not as strong as you thought and not worth the effort that bringing him to me will require? After all, you have requested an item that would not only destroy any invading Vong, but could destroy anything in your path to power."

Shayla paused, slitting her darkening eyes at the Master. "I find this a most interesting change in your plans."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 06-04-2007 10:51 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I continued down the passage, and paused as the stone began to change, slanting upwards. It seemed that I had walked for at least a few kilometers, and thus far the passage had yielded little.

"Well this is proving pointless..." I muttered, continuing along the passage. "Maybe I should have... no, it'd get used against me eventually."

With a sigh I continued.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.150.135
The Master

Member # 529

posted 06-04-2007 07:15 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Very well,” said the Master. “I shall bring him to you. Show me where he is, with your little spyglass there, and I will be on my way. He is probably with his friends the space monkeys and the children.”
Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 71.32.74.159
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 06-04-2007 08:12 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir regarded Aaron, a look of disdain on his face.

“My clone is incapacitated, I did not want him lurking about while I speak with you. I do not understand where it came from, or why it was made, but surely you must see my concern in this matter. Especially when you say he destroyed a number of other clones. I was hoping actually that you could explain things to me, since you have been traveling with it. How long have you known it? How does it act? Perhaps there is some clue as to who made it and why.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 71.32.74.159
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-04-2007 08:25 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"If you are unable to rely on the expected connections you should have with him, then very well," Shayla responded evenly.

Then, without a word, Shayla looked to the golden globe. Once again, it began to respond to that which was within her, not needing any verbal indication of what she wanted. In its center, greeny-goldness began to swirl and spin and continued doing just that as if it were seeking, searching...

...and not finding. This continued for a seeming eternity before the swirling finally stopped, and the globe revealed a multitude of Phalomirs, one unclothed and on the floor, one conversing with the others, and then an uncountable number of frozen clones. The globe at last went completely dark.

"Oh my, my," Shayla then whispered softly, darkly. "What a tangled web you have woven. I see why you care so little for him now, however. But I assure you, if you bring me anything but the true Phalomir...

...I will know."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 06-04-2007 10:42 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Whatever the blast was it seemed to affect humans less then ryn's because one moment we where walking along looking for more clones of Phalomir, and the next I find myself bracing myself against a wall leaning on it for support. How much time had passed... obviously not much considering the flow of the conversation and the fact I'm standing. I took a quick headcount and then something didn't add up. Aaron, Yaoksi, Phalomir, K'kihl, myself, and..."

"Yaoksi what was that?" I asked. "And more importantly where's Thea?"

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-04-2007 11:33 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I cut a look to Link, reached out and drew her next to me. Obviously she was a tad wee disconcerted; anyone being a tad wee disconcerted needed physical contact, if only for moral support.

"I'm not sure, kiddo," I replied as I gave her a little squeeze before letting go. A brief smile flicked about my lips.

"As for Thea, why, she's right over--"

I trailed, turning to Phalomir, my jaw erasing the little smile as it fell open with one of those awful ye ghods kind of realizations.

"Phalomir was carrying her... you were carrying her, only you're not you, and you whammied our Phalomir!

"Where's the kid?!"

I didn't care if this guy was bigger than me, stronger than me, and owner and operator of who the hell knew what kind of weird powers. All I knew was that he, or his doppleganger, was the last one to have my charge in his arms.

And the knowledge that she was gone got me fighting mad.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.100.6
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 06-06-2007 07:14 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“The clone was not carrying a child,” said Phalomir, “not that I saw. Unless she was quite small and was hidden from my view, he must have put her down before he reached me, but I did not see a child lying anywhere on the path back to here. I can lead you to him, so we may see what happened.”

Phalomir turned and began walking back to where he had come, then paused to see if the others were following.

-------------------

Moaning, Phalomir raised his hand to his head – partly to see if it was still attached to his body, and partly because it hurt. The clone must have attacked him from behind with an energy weapon. But wait, no, he began to remember… it was blue lightning, the ancient Sith power. It had become a lost art, stolen centuries ago by the Dark Jedi and used very rarely among modern Sith… well, Sith of this time… well, actually, the Sith here were Sith of the time of the Dark Jedi attack. He shook his head, making it hurt worse.

He felt the warm body of Thea move slightly. She was still curled up in his right arm, kept safe from his fall by the sheer luck of landing on his right side. She had been hit by the blast as well, but she was alive. He did not know what damage had been done to her, but he was thankful for the breath he felt within her. He tried to stand but felt his legs wobble as he put weight on them. With a groan he rolled over to his back and sat up, keeping Thea snuggled close.

He then realized this was the first sign of movement he had felt from her since he had taken her. The shock of the Sith lightning coursing through her may have broken whatever it was that was keeping her unconscious. She was still definitely sleeping, but perhaps that condition would change.

He pushed up against the wall and brought himself to stand, then looked around. He heard a voice in the distance, faint. But he recognized it – as his own. Torn with indecision brought about by the spinning stars in his head, he began walking shakily in the other direction.

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
The Master

Member # 529

posted 06-06-2007 07:41 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“The true Phalomir…” said the Master, quietly.

“Clones?” he said, looking at Shayla. “Why would there be clones of Phalomir? And so many? There must be hundreds of them, why? How….”

His eyes widened, a frightening realization coming to him. Long ago, with the power of the Darker Realms behind him and the mastery of time within him, he had pulled Phalomir and Graysith from existence, freezing them in time and space and hiding them away in a secret place in the Darker Realms. No other would have known, except for the being that knew all that took place inside the Realms… but had always pretended not to care.

“How did you take them without my knowledge?” he asked, speaking to the lurker within Shayla. “And why would you do this?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-06-2007 09:44 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla cocked a brow and held the Master's gaze with stormy greeny-blue eyes. "Ahhh, but you assume I took that which you stole from the natural order of time," she said darkly. "I stole nothing. There are many ways to make a clone."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 06-06-2007 09:50 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Quietly it sat, watching through the extra-dimensional eyes it found through Shayla. Yes, for eons it had sat, not caring, but events now drew its attention away from its meandering thoughts and brought it clarity of mind.

Now it saw clearly.

And each pawn had played its part well. The Dark Lords, all of them, had served in their own way. And now the ladies as well would serve their turn. And there were others.

There were always others.

The foolish game could be played in many ways.

Admit nothing, my love, purred the voice of the darkness inside of Shayla. You know nothing of these clones, and that shall remain so. You play the game well, my love, and it pleases me.

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 172.148.139.3
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 06-06-2007 10:08 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron's hand strayed to his blaster, which he gripped in a deathshold and pulled partially from the holster. He looked sideways at Yaoksi, and very slowly began taking his first step.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." he stated very softly, perhaps unnecessarily, something about this entire thing screaming that they shouldn't follow. He shifted his blaster to stun. "This is not our Phalomir, and ours had Thea..."

Before he could consciously think about it, Aaron leveled his blaster, aimed, and shot. Phalomir "number two" never knew what hit him, and crumpled to the floor, stunned.

[ 06-06-2007 10:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Master

Member # 529

posted 06-06-2007 10:17 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master’s eyes narrowed, staring intently at Shayla.

“It’s not the how they were made as much as the why. And you had nothing to do with this? I somehow find it hard to believe you.”

After a moment he sighed and stepped back.

“But I suppose I have little choice. If you don’t which is the real Phalomir, then I shall have to put them both to a test… assuming one of the walking ones is the real one.”

The Master shook his head as he split the air with his finger, forming a portal. The other end of the portal opened into a dimly lit hallway back in the underground passages he was taken from.

“With your leave,” he said. He stepped through the portal and paused.

“I hate clones, you know,” he said. He stepped the remainder of the way and held for a moment longer.

“I’ll be back,” he said.

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.148.139.3
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-06-2007 10:22 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I blinked, and shot Aaron a somewhat incredulous look.

Hot damn, the man could act! I didn't know he had it in him!

Then I drew in a breath, a placed my hands on my hips.

"Well, I suggest we do something with this guy, because if he's got any of that magick that the other Phalomir has in him... and in fact, he does--" I amended, thinking back to the red crackling energy he had released earlier. "--I sure don't want him aiming it in our direction.

"So, what shall we do with him, anyway? And what in blazes do you propose to do next? I'm not sure exactly where our Phalomir went to, and to tell the truth--"

I paused a fraction as another thought slammed home to me.

"I'm not even sure if he is the real Phalomir at all! What if he's not? What if he's a clone, too?"

The incredulous look I was shooting at Aaron changed into one of rising trepidation, for I knew that if that indeed was the case, we were all so much bantha poo-doo, and more than likely stuck here until Blondie's mistress deigned to let us come home to reality.

For really, when you think about it, of what good is a clone anyway? And what had our Phalomir done other than lead us here, and lead us there, and slam-bang everything in sight that appeared to be a clone of him.

What if he had destroyed the true Phalomir?

I shook my head at that. It was beginning to ache like blazes.

[ 06-06-2007 10:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 06-06-2007 10:32 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron shook his head. "I don't know what we should do with him," he admitted. "And I really don't knnow who is the real Phalomir either. Seems kinda odd he went blasting a bunch of clones of himself without even thinking about it..."

Aaron trailed, frowning. "And I don't know what to do with him. I don't know if we can cut and run before he wakes up...."

Aaron ground to a halt mid-sentence as a strange sort of shpplictk sound could be heard in the distance. "Oh kriffing hell, what was that?"

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-06-2007 10:35 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"We'll shall see," Shayla said, her words soft and low, falling totally silent at that as her gaze locked with the Master's.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Master

Member # 529

posted 06-06-2007 10:51 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master winked, then allowed the portal to close, leaving Shayla alone with her smile.

And the darkness.

The Master knew who had those clones made, it had to be. There was no other being who knew where he had hidden Phalomir and Jharmeen. He was dealing in unnatural things, removing bodies from their own times, but back in his younger days he was so sure that his was the ultimate knowledge. He was so sure that his meddlings in the future would have only positive consequences. But now the very timeline he was trying desperately to avoid was already upon him, and in the back of his mind he was aware of his own role in bringing it about.

He looked around, and seeing that it was indeed the very spot he had left Rykounagin, began to wander back towards the large doors and the steep staircase. That was the where the group of Yaoksi, Aaron, and the children were speaking with Phalomir.

One of them.

How was he going to know which was real? That part was easy. The real Phalomir was not a walking corpse.

After a moment he heard footsteps from far beyond, and perhaps a voice.

“Hello!” he called out, cupping his hands together. “I am lost! Can you help me?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.148.139.3
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-07-2007 12:04 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I followed the direction Aaron was staring toward with my own eyes, squinting against the encroaching gloom.

"I don't know, I didn't hear--"

My words were cut abruptly off as from somewhere in that distance there came a call, a cry, as if someone was lost. And the voice was awfully familiar...

"I think we're going to have company, and I think it's Phal's dear ol' daddy," I said darkly, drawing Link closer to me. I didn't care at that point how tough the little slicer was; there was no way she could stand up against all the wierdness we seemed to be surrounded with, no way.

Yeah, ya ol' pirate. As if any of us can...

I didn't mention that aloud. I just stood there with Aaron, waiting to see if the voice did indeed belong to the Sith last seen encased in greenery.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 06-11-2007 10:39 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron groaned mentally. "Wow, isn't this our lucky day," he said softly, sarcastically. "I don't know if I trust that guy."

He looked down at the downed Phalomir then. "But maybe we can give he can handle Phalomir #2 here," he pointed out then, quriking a brow at Yaoksi. "Like explaining how he and the other Phalomir can BOTH be here at the same time," he continued, not ready to call out to the Master to indicate their presence, knowing that they were already found regardless.

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05