my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Path to Endgame (Page 9)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Path to Endgame
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 07-08-2007 08:10 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I can't pinpoint down to who exactly built it but..." Link took out her vibroblade and jammed it into a seam in the panel and pried it away from the wall reveling the wires and circuitry behind it. "I can tell you that it appears to be very advanced for its time. Some of these components haven't been used in current technology since the great hyperspace war. I can see the style of two different technologies of that era and one I can't identify."

Link snapped the panel back into place and pressed the first button and was greeted by the storage unit powering up. "This unit is now active, from what I can tell these where built using technology of at least three different groups, one of which uses some form of technology I've never seen."

"The operation of these devices is simple enough the first button turns it on, the second either puts the subject in stasis or unfreezes them depending on their current state. The third button turns the unit off but has another function in addition, that button was wired to components I couldn't identify their purpose so I suggest against using that button."

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-08-2007 08:31 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Still watching the depths of the golden globe and the interplay within, Shayla's smile oozed dark and oily again as a dark little plan, one of her own making or of something entirely other, filled her mind. Cocking her head thoughtfully, her eyes grew somewhat distant as she paid particular attention to the unconscious Master once more.

Such weakness, she thought blackly. It will be a surprise if he can truly deliver that which he promises.

Her eyes snapping alert then, she sent yet another thought into his subconscious, knowing that the otherness within him would hear regardless of his state of awareness.

You know where to find me, her mental thought whispered through an oily connection. But it is time to set some matters straight. This place is sacred and powerful...

and should not be defiled any longer.

Stepping back a few steps then, Shayla gave the golden globe one long, final glance. Then, not even thinking twice about it, she reached out with her right hand, palm out and fingers extended, and literally touched the greeny-golden depths within.

All about the Temple of the Armorers, the flames within sconces flickered in warning. The strength and abilities ingrained within Shayla’s body wound themselves around that Something Other, and her powers were therefore extended beyond her normal capabilities to achieve an objective laid out not only by she and her Sister, but by that Something Other as well. As if responding to the internal vibrations of the dark power Shayla was connected with, and in fact doing precisely that, the ground beneath the Temple started to shake and shudder. The plates beneath its surface began to shift as a great earthquake took hold of that area of the planet, extending for approximately five kilometers of the Temple’s perimeter. Within the Temple’s walls, glasses and contraptions and materials of the Great Armorer’s makings fell to the ground, from shelves, shattering and twisting until at length they were substantially, if not permanantly, damaged.

After only a mere minute or more of this, the quaking began to cease, the Temple and anything nearby in utter chaos and disarray. Shayla, still in her space below the Temple, stood in front of a strangely undamaged golden globe, at first seeming totally unaffected by the quaking which had occurred all about her. But it was then that her head flung back and her hand fell to her side as she gave a great cry of intermingled agony, pain....

...and dark glee. In that moment, her legs turned like rubber beneath her, she fell to the ground in front of the golden globe, exhausted and unconscious.

[ 07-08-2007 08:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 07-12-2007 01:13 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Holy Moly!!!

What was that???

I don't know if I hit the floor out of self preservation or fell to it because I couldn't keep myself upright.

All I know is that I was down momentarily, and I do mean momentarily, for the count, while everything around me rumbled and growled and generally tried to bury me beneath tons of rock and soil.

I picked myself up before I knew I was down, castin an instinctive self-preservation kind of glance around as I did. At least the Cricket was upright and appeared relatively unharmed by---

What?

"What in all the known universe was that?" I shouted, whether out or fear or trepidation or self preservation, I truly did not know.

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 189.149.107.13
The Master

Member # 529

posted 07-17-2007 08:31 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master opened a bleary eye, the dust flying around the room as the others moved slowly – and some not at all. A sharp pain had awoken him, and as he moved slowly to his side, a pain in his leg caught his attention. He barely acknowledged the bright violet liquid running from it as he stood shakily, his eyes catching the still form of Phalomir lying before him next to a platformed device.

A broad grin appeared on the Master’s face. He stepped forward and grabbed the quiet Sith Lord by the robe and lifted Phalomir as if he weighed nothing. He did not notice the other Phalomir stirring on the floor next to Yaoksi. A hand quickly sliced the air and a portal appeared from nothing, tearing into the fabric of space and time. The Master stepped through it quickly, his prey in tow, and closed it behind him.

Once through the portal he let Phalomir drop to the floor and looked about him. He spied the unconscious Shayla on the floor and cocked his head wearily.

“What have you done, my dear?” he asked. “I bring the Darkness what it seeks, and now I find you lying down on the job. I have done my part, now give me what I seek.”

The Master bent down next to Shayla, scooping her delicate head in his hand. He leaned down close to her cheek, his breath hot fire upon her skin. His mouth opened slightly, exposing his fangs, and he ran one of the tips along her face and nibbled slightly on her earlobe. A small trickle of blood ran into his mouth and he savored the salty taste.

“No more games, my love,” he whispered. “You know what it is I seek, keep your end of the bargain and give me the Finger of R’lous.”

[ 07-17-2007 08:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.133.167.142
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 07-17-2007 08:58 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Verpine, as had been the others, was taken quite by surprise when their surroundings suddenly seemed to try to liquify and engulf them. But when the dust and last few thousands bits and pieces of rubble had settled, it was to reveal him standing on his ambulatory appendages, his eyes bright and shining in the dark.

His instinctive move to inspect the condition of his companions was aborted in complete shock, however, when one of the two objects they were attempting to deep-freeze clambered to its feet, shook itself off, and unobserved by the only other semi-lucid being there -- that being the green-eyed smuggler -- grasped the other being meant for the strange device and disappeared with it seemingly into thin air.

Unable to widen his lidless eyes, he could only stand a moment chattering his mandibles in agitation. Then he moved, insect-quick, going about the others and rousing them all from varying states of unconscious- and semi-consciousness.

"Up, up, quickly up," he allowed in a loud voice.

"Gone is he, and with him the other has taken. To where--"

His mandibles chattered like castanets.

"This is unknown."

[ 07-17-2007 09:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by K'kihl ]

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 07-17-2007 09:07 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron's haze slowly subsided as the Verpine shook him to wakefulness. He became aware of a pain here and there on his person, but he ignored them for the moment as K'khil's words slammed into his ears. He looked about them, sitting up and then getting up from where he'd fallen to the ground as quickly as he could.

"Oh hell," he growled, "I think we are in Hell. He sure woke up and moved out with convenient timing...

...nevermind the fact he is supposedly our only ticket out of here right now. What the hell just happened here, and what are we going to do? Look for him? Stargazer said he was a turncoat. I suppose she was right after all."

[ 07-17-2007 09:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 07-17-2007 09:34 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I coughed, spewing dust from my lungs, blinked, shook my head and looked up--

Ok, ya ol' pirate. 'Nuff about self-presevation already!

--and got quickly, if shakily, to my feet.

"The kids, are they all right?" I wheezed, for there was so much dust yet lingering in the air that I could scarcely make out the walls of the tiny chamber we were in.

"Aaron, you ok? Where's Phalomir and his daddykins? And Phal, I mean Phal Number One, are you all right?"

I peered into the dusty gloom, coughing and sneezing and nodding my head when I felt K'kihl's chitinous, inquiring touch.

"I'll live; what about the others? Hey guys--?"

I trailed, still blinking. Dang, I think there was something in my eyes, for it was getting harder and harder to see.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 07-17-2007 09:47 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stood and wiped the dust from his eyes. He tried to speak but only coughed a large portion of dirt from his throat.

“Is everyone all right?” he asked, still coughing. He looked about, the dust still hanging in the air. He scowled and held his hand above his head, realizing that despite the bumps and scrapes he had just suffered, the incredible pain he had been feeling was suddenly gone.

His hand began to glow bright red, and a small whirlwind of dust began in his upward turned palm. Soon the whirlwind grew larger, and the red glow about his hand extended outward and upward until it was a large ball hanging in the air above his head. The dust in the air stirred into a stream that flowed into the red ball, and within a minute the air had cleared enough to breath easily.

Phalomir let his hand drop and the red ball of dust floated gently to the ground and rolled to a corner. He then spied a white furred leg lying under the unconscious Thea.

“Yaoksi,” he said, pointing, “there!”

As Yaoksi headed for the children, Phalomir turned to Aaron and looked him up and down.

“We will deal with my father soon. But for right now, are you hurt?” he asked.

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.133.167.142
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 07-17-2007 10:03 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
One minute Link was working on the panel across the room, the next rocks started falling and the room stated to shake. It was at this point that Link lost track of time and events. When her perception of reality was restored Link was on the other side of the room under Thea.

Link gently pushed Thea off of her and into a position that didn't look like she fell there.

"Next disaster it better be stormtroopers, bounty hunters, or something that makes sense."

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.239.237
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 07-17-2007 10:13 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I never slowed, just waved a hand to acknowledge Phal's miraculous performance in clearing the air, my main concern being for Thea and Link. I had just skidded to a halt beside a tangle of flesh and fur, arms reaching outward in the belated attempt to protect them from whatever in all the known universe had happened to us, when Link stirred, coughed, and sat up.

Knowing she'd be embarrassed I jerked my arms back and straightened, seguing the move into wiping both palms on my thighs.

"I'm with you, kiddo!" I agreed with Link's comment, sighing inwardly with relief to see that she was apparently okay, and not too concerned about the still slumbering Thea. Which meant she was all right, too.

I jerked my head around to the others.

"What the hell just happened there?" I inquired of no one in particular, frowning a little as an insanely giggling little devil popped up on one shoulder to whisper into my ear that in all probability we were destined to remain the rest of our lives stuck in this godforsaken place.

[ 07-17-2007 10:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 07-18-2007 11:43 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir looked Aaron over and determined that in spite of the shock of the quake, there was no apparent external damage to the man. He then turned back to look at Yaoksi, who was a mix of emotion.

“There was some sort of earthquake,” he said. “A large one that shook the very pillars of our surroundings. There was something similar on K'eel Doba, not long ago. If the Master had something to do with it, then he did it without any of us seeing him move. I think that is highly unlikely, for even when he does mundane magic work he seems to require some sort of movement component. But he certainly took advantage of the distraction to escape, regardless of what actually happened.”

Phalomir exhaled heavily and surveyed the room.

“The damage here is extensive,” he sighed. “I am concerned as to the stability and condition of other parts of this underground area. If we can find a location that is part of the Temple complex, I can figure out how to escape.”

Phalomir raised an eyebrow and looked back to Yaoksi.

“If the Master attacked you once, chances are he shall return to try again when he has recovered. We must be ready for him. My pain is now gone, and I feel I can properly defend us against him, but he also has knowledge of the All, which I do not. If he is under the influence of the Darkness, there is no telling what he will do. Let us try to exit this place and return to the surface, perhaps?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.148.252.165
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 07-19-2007 10:50 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I nodded, motioning to K'kihl to come assist Link with Thea as I did so.

"Nothing would make me happier!" I agreed with some vehemence, for to tell the truth I was beginning to absolutely detest creeping about beneath the ground, following this tunnel or that to who in all the known universe knew where.

"There's something unnatural about sneaking around underground; I'm a spacer, not a mole-rat!"

That comment carried me to where Aaron and Phalomir were standing; the massive Sith seemed a touch preoccupied, studying our surroundings with sharp eyes, which honestly didn't do much to make me feel any better. The little hairs on the back of my neck insisted on rising up, as if in warning that the entire chamber was about to give way.

Now, logic precluded that, of course. But tell that to the little hairs on the back of my neck.

I waved a hand.

"There's a stairway up to the surface," I offered, now giving Aaron a curious look. He sure hadn't responded to Phal's inquiry as to his physical well-being, and personally I was beginning to wonder if perhaps he hadn't received a knock to his noggin or something. I strained to see his pupils, but the dimness of our surroundings prevented me from seeing his eyes in any great detail.

Another reason to get to the surface! I reasoned, concerned.

Check him out, and Link and Thea too. Cricket seems all right though...

I jerked my wandering thoughts back to the situation at hand, now turning to address the Sith Lord.

"I'm all for the surface, even though there are tomatoes up there!" I said, then with no further ado turned and began heading toward the spiral staircase that I knew would take us back into sunlight once again.

[ 07-19-2007 10:53 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 07-19-2007 02:26 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Caught in a momentary mental lapse, Aaron barely heard the others until the end of the conversation, when going to the surface was brought up. He shook his head a bit to clear the fuzz as others began departing, and began trailing behind them. For some reason he suddenly found himself feeling a bit disoriented, and he wasn't sure if it was the entire situation or something else...

"Ahhh...why did the Master take your twin with him when he left?" he asked out of the blue to Phalomir's departing back. "This is all giving me a headache..."

He trailed a moment, holding his forehead a bit, "...really."

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-19-2007 04:04 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A darkness oiled and coiled deep within Shayla, snorting disdainfully at her human body's need for rest, albeit a short time.

Such a frail thing...

The Darkness, however, was interrupted by the intrusion of another, one familiar, and bringing another familiar.

Ahhh....

Her head was still in the Master's hand when her greeny-blue eyes began to flutter. The Darkness sneered at the Master's apparent weakness, and she reached out to place a hand on his cheek, drawing his lips to hers, and kissed him briefly.

The Darkness within him brought her to full awareness, and her eyes opened bright and clear. "Take us all to the Tower in the Darker Realms, before he awakes...

...and you will have your reward."

[ 07-19-2007 04:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
The Master

Member # 529

posted 07-19-2007 04:30 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master sneered a steely smile, pleased that Shayla was awake. Even more so, he was pleased with her response.

“Yes, my sleeping beauty,” he said. He loosened his hold on the back of her head, but only for a brief second, for an instinctive impulse rippled through him, spurred on by that bit of blackness haunting his soul and influencing his actions. He gripped her tightly once more, and pressed her head to his, taking Shayla in a full kiss that seemed to meld them together for several moments. When he withdrew, both pairs of eyes were locked on the other, neither noticing the mixed violet and red trickles of blood that ran from each mouth.

“I can take you wherever you wish,” he whispered huskily. “Wherever you desire.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 159.182.1.4
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-19-2007 09:47 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Darkness within Shayla regarded the Master thoughtfully. Running one finger along her lower lip then, she wiped away the blood there. "Very good," she said then softly, almost absently placing that finger in her mouth to then lick it clean. "Let us go to the Tower before he awakes; your swiftness pleases me...

...and I do desire it to continue. For if he wakes before we leave here, he will surely put up a fight."

[ 07-19-2007 09:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Master

Member # 529

posted 07-19-2007 11:47 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master chuckled lowly, breathing hot fire upon Shayla’s cheek.

“He shall not awake,” he said. “Not until I allow it. Fear not, dear creature of darkness. You enjoy my swiftness, but I shall show you how much more enjoyable it is to be slow and deliberate.”

He wiped away a remaining trail of blood on her face, then moved away strands of wet blonde hair from her eyes. He fought against the urges he now felt, for in his heart he knew the path upon which he was stepping would lead to no good. But he did not care.

“It wants this,” he whispered, more to himself than Shayla. He could not help it, and moved his face to her neck, nibbling and licking. A soft moan escaped Shayla, but whether from her or the darkness he could not tell. He did not care.

“No hurry,” he whispered.

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-20-2007 09:43 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a few brief moments, Shayla's eyes oiled black. Deeply within, the true part of herself that still existed scratched and clawed in desperation and in refusal. It was practically squelched into oblivion upon immediate appearance.

Practically.

Still, the Darkness observed the Master coolly, through an almost uncaring eye, and analyzed. It pulled Shayla back from the Master's grip. "You want this," Shayla then spoke softly, her eyes arrowing into those of the Master's, sensing something there. "If your promise to do what I ask is a true one, then do it."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 07-20-2007 09:45 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir shrugged, turning to Aaron.

“I do not fully understand the actions of the Master,” he said. “I have tried, truly. Our goals at times seem to be the same – to prepare for an impending invasion from the Vong. But I do not understand his strategy and tactics. He believed he would need a great power to defeat them, and was willing to trade me to forces beyond our realms to obtain that power. It was on that day, as a boy, that my powers came into their own. He was speaking to a man – well, a man made of tar – that had come through a portal from the Darker Realms. I escaped by blasting them both through the portal…”

Phalomir paused, thinking.

“Perhaps he thought my clone was me? Perhaps he is still trying to make this deal? Or perhaps the is some other reason, I do not know.”

He exhaled loudly, rubbing his hand across the back of his head. He surveyed the room one more cursory time and turned to look at everyone.

“Are we ready to leave?” he asked. “Hopefully the halls are not blocked too badly. I also dearly hope the temple is not too badly damaged, but I am sensing great losses, and I fear the worse.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
The Master

Member # 529

posted 07-20-2007 10:10 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master paused, then a savage grin spread across his face, peeling back his lips to expose wet fangs. His eyes flashed red, wild with a growing desire. The heat within him rose to full fury and his skin seemed electric with anticipation.

“Do it, I shall,” he hissed.

He stroked his hand across Shayla’s forehead, then traced a finger down her face and to her neck. There he gripped her, holding the back of her neck in a tight embrace as his other hand followed the curve of her hip upwards. Boiling passion threatened to tear him apart, feelings that had evaded him for years. A fire had been rekindled, a once-bright flame that had not been seen since the death of—

Death of—

He froze, his thought suddenly focused on memories that had long been buried, for what he thought would be forever. Memories of a time when he was not the Master – when he was Aelomir, Dark Lord of the Sorcerors. When his life had belonged to another, a woman whom he loved, when he could love… and to the son that was born from that love.

Shayla stared at him with piercing eyes, anticipation firing back at him. But anticipation of what, he now wondered. This was not Shayla speaking to him, it was the darkness within her. That same darkness had left a residue within him, had forced him to attack Yaoksi and Aaron. And now it wanted him to couple with Shayla, and to promise to follow its wishes.

He could feel it within him, controlling his hormones, his innermost desires…

“NO!” he shouted, dropping Shayla to the cold floor. “I will not give you that! I will uphold our bargain, but what you ask now is outside of that scope.”

He wiped away a bead of sweat from his face, hiding with it the tear that had formed. He then swiped at the air with his hand, slicing open a portal to the Darker Realms.

[ 07-20-2007 10:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 07-22-2007 10:51 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I growled as I returned to the collapsed passageway, having found my way at the other end of the tunnel impeded by solid and natural rock.

"This is getting old, and it's time for a change." I mutter. "Feth the witches with their damn alls, and fethed artifacts, and hell forsaken mythology!" I began to trace long, interconnected runes across the surface of the rock.

"I'm going to get out of this hellhole, get back to reality, and reclaim ShaRhylla from whatever peril I'm sure she'll have gotten into in my absence." I muttered, finishing one rather intricate design, before tying it to the next one in line.

Within five or so minutes, I had tied a total of sixteen runes across the surface of the rock, which slipped across to the upper left corner of the pile, where, from my crawling excursion before it had collapsed, I knew the rock was weakest.

"Let's get it done then." I stepped back nearly a hundred feet, taking it slowly and running a fingertip through the dust to keep myself connected to the runes. When I had reached a safe distance, I cracked my neck and smiled.

"Let's get it done." I murmured again, crying out in a gutteral voice as the first rune triggered, vanishing from the surface of the rock; the magic that it was bound to flashing across the others to the main one upon the weak point.

An explosion tore straight into the rock, vaporizing a meter or so of stone. I let out another cry, sending another blast through the rock, doing so again and again, until the fourteenth rune went off, leaving a hole in the rock.

"About time..." I muttered, standing up and letting the last two runes go, beginning to trot to the hole and crawl through.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.218.127.101
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 07-22-2007 11:46 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I guess we are all ready to leave," Aaron answered Phalomir, pausing for a moment along his trail behind Yaoksi and looking around to see if everyone was up and about. "But one more thing. Wouldn't the Master, your own Father, be able to tell which of you was the clone and which one wasn't?"

Aaron chewed his lip a bit at that. "Seems a bit odd to me," he admitted, turning to continue towards the spiral staircase once more.

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 07-23-2007 07:16 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“I surmise that he would be able to tell if he spoke with the clone,” said Phalomir, picking up Thea and joining the others as they walked up the stairs. “But for all other purposes, we seem to be physically identical. Even the markings on my face are the same, although his were all dark, and the symbol of Armorers is alive upon me. If he took the clone, thinking it was me, then it is only a matter of time before he discovers the mistake. If he returns, we should be ready for him, for he is still our best hope of escaping this place.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 71.32.74.182
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-23-2007 09:40 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla quickly regained her footing, her eyes dark...

...and the Darkness within her practically cackling as something of the Master's innermost feelings brushed against She Who Once Was...

...but for only a moment. That small connection, one sparking a similiar memory of a time much like the Master's, was instantly squelched, locked far away and far away and far beyond anyone's reach.

Her eyes locked with the Master's, oiling over into a deceptive calmness. "He must be taken to the Tower," she said then, indicating the still unconscious Phalomir. "What you seek is there."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 07-23-2007 09:57 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I moved along the passage quickly now, having taken enough time in crawling through the tunnel. I figured that the master would have either sent me a message somehow or would have opened a portal to summon me had he found something useful down the other passage. Taking that as notice, I decided to double back and see if there were any other signs of life near the entrance to these tunnels.

And with luck, the Tuk'ata should have cleared off, considering what the Master did to one of their number. I thought, trotting down the passageway towards the once hidden doorway into the tunnels.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.218.127.101

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05