my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Path to Endgame (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Path to Endgame
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 05-27-2007 11:24 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Great... Captain Yaoksi?!?

The Verpine's jaw would have hit the floor at that, but being a Verpine precluded this, anatomically speaking. So once again he could only relieve his growing startlement and concern by chattering his mandibles; they sounded like the castanets carried by the old Jabba the Hutt's dancing slave girls.

Gamely, though, he didn't run. Drawing in a breath once more, he opened his mandibles to try again when the Verpine equivalent of a light bulb flashed over his head.

Clones. Someone had spoken of clones. Here was Phalomir who was not Phalomir, who was as naked as a new morning, who spoke of a Graysith he had never met and whom he doubted truly existed.

He thought further, scraping his memory for anything he had heard whispered during his brief sojourn on K'eel Doba; the confusion of his friends regarding those they thought were of a personality, dear friends, only to prove themselves as being something...

Other.

Thought of the fact that they were now in a place removed from space and time... and if this place could be so removed, so could the occupants of space and time, or perhaps time itself could be twisted, or diverged, or--

He quieted, drew himself up and bravely faced someone he suddenly knew deep in his heart was most assuredly not the Phalomir he and the others had accompanied here.

"Of clones has someone here spoken," he said in sudden non sequiteur.

"Since knowing not that which I have seen with my own eyes are you... than the Phalomir who with us here is not you. Perhaps clone are you, perhaps clone is he.

"Which is which, how to prove, but find our friends we must. Danger here is there, danger more out there, in the reality that out of are we. Ladies in high royalty did we leave behind, one coming with us.

"But, Dark Lord if you are, believe me you must. No enemy yours am I or mine; friends seeking help most dire are we. With you here had we come, you to assist us, we to assist you. To come to bottom of this new quandary, find others must we."

He paused, waved a pincer about himself.

"Somewhere in this place are they, know not I where. Separated from them have I become."

[ 05-27-2007 11:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by K'kihl ]

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 05-27-2007 11:34 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He thought of this for a long minute. The creature was suddenly beginning to show signs of sense, and offered clues that made many gears click into place.

“Clone?” he asked. “You think I am a clone? I can assure you, a clone I am not. But if you know me, that is, you know Phalomir, then I would have to say to you that you have known a clone of me. But time is a strange thing, my friend, and there are other possibilities that should not be ruled out. But for now, I shall believe you that you are no enemy of mine. But if you are lying to me, know that the full power of the Single Triumvirate boils within me, and in wars such as this I never give a second chance. If for one minute think you are in league with them…”

Phalomir’s eyes flashed a brilliant red, and a spark flew from his fingers.

“Let us find your friends,” he continued. “And be away with these mysteries. If you have become separated, then the answer is to be reunited. Have you no communication devices?”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 05-27-2007 11:41 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
K'kihl shook his head.

"Engineer am I, hydrospanner have-- had I."

He trailed mournfully for a moment, then forced himself to brighten. After considering for a few moments the scorched mark on the stone wall impacted by the red flash this Phalomir had produced, another virtual lightbulb flash went off over his head.

"Magick apparently have you," he observed calmly, as if he was describing the color of the Sith Lord's eyes.

"Use this perhaps can you, to find that which apparently is you as well? For where you are, so are my companions."

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 05-27-2007 11:46 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"You are a liar," Shayla stated evenly, flatly. "They should trust you no more than I do, but apparently they are easily fooled. After all, look at he who accompanies you."

She paused then, nodding back towards the globe to the image of Rykounagin before falling into an eerie silence.

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 05-27-2007 11:54 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir’s eyes darkened at the thought of meeting himself. But still, he was intrigued.

“I may be able to,” he said. “There are many ways to search an area, and many ways to find that which is lost.”

Phalomir spread his fingers and held his hands out before him. Sparks gathered between his fingers as he closed his eyes. He let his mind reach out, releasing his spirit from his body. Floating now, he looked down to see the insect still staring intently at Phalomir’s own body. He then moved along, through walls and stone, and searched.

After a moment, his eyes snapped open and a look of distressed wonder came upon him.

“I found them,” he said. “There are many—the Great Captain Yaoski himself, another human male, two children – one human and one furry – and… me. They are this way.”

Phalomir began walking, quickly, assuming the insectoid would follow.

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 05-28-2007 12:06 AM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron nodded to the passageway on the right. "That way," he replied. "But I should warn you, we came upon some strange transportatin device, a magick bubble or something like that. Seems it was intended for a single individual, and not several. Still, I don't know if we wasnt to split up, so maybe we shuld just deal with being tossed around against each other...

...but this is how K'khil, the kids and I ended up on the path to where we were when he got lost."

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 05-28-2007 12:09 AM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
K'kihl nodded with relief, knowing he would soon be reunited with his friends.

"Coming am I," he said, then hastened after the swiftly striding Lord as fast as his multi-jointed legs could carry him. Phalomir set a fast pace, but his legs were long and he was fairly untiring. Quickly they moved through the winding corridors of the immense building they were in; even more quickly did his thoughts flick from one question to the next this new Phalomir had raised within him.

At length he could keep his curiosity under check no longer. Daring to reach out a manipulatory appendage, he tapped Phalomir lightly on the shoulder.

"Of this Great Captain Yaoksi did you twice speak," he observed, shaking his head inwardly at what to him was the utter incongruity of the title.

"Explain to me, please, what feats this Captain did? For friend of mine is he; work with him and for some time have I."

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 05-28-2007 12:19 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Before he realized it, Phalomir smiled as he recalled the feats of Captain Yaoksi.

“In the years before the great war,” he said, “Captain Yaoksi was a diplomatic tie between the Sith and the human races. He was key in striking the great treaty with the Empire, which in turn led the way to the unification of the Galaxy. When the war came, although an unwilling victim of circumstance, he became one of the great heroes of the Galaxy.”

Phalomir turned to glance at K’kihl as he continued to walk

“It shall be an honor to meet him,” he said. “But I think perhaps I should wait for that occasion. They lie down the next corridor, and you should join them without me. Try to explain the situation, and I will listen, but my sudden appearance may be too strange and illogical.”

--------------------

K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 05-28-2007 12:27 AM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Verpine opened his mouth to speak, let his mandibles gape unspeaking, shut them with a little click.

"Agreed," he said simply, storing the impossible statements Phalomir had made of Boss Yaoksi under the file Impossible, to retrieve and study at a later date. Now the important thing was to rejoin his mates, and let them know of the strangeness he had encountered in his solitary wanderings.

"But of your presence will I divulge," he stated, somewhat naively. Speaking no more he turned from the Sith Lord and struck out toward the bisecting corridor ahead. Once there he paused, cast a final look at Phalomir, nodded once, then left.

Moments later his keen vision picked out the forms of the others; hastening now, he made his way toward them, his mandible chattering, his pincers waving in greeting.

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-28-2007 12:42 AM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“So,” said the Master. “You have been watching. Perhaps you could explain the sudden cave-in we experienced?”

He turned his head to look Shayla in the eyes.

“He can take care of himself, I am sure. But I wonder about you, my dear. Why did you bring me here? Surely it is not to call me a liar and be done with it? You must know I cannot trust you, after twice attacking me. What is it you want? Or, should I ask, what does the darkness within you want of me?”

He smiled slightly, and then continued.

“Yes, I know what lurks within you. I felt it from the beginning, for the Darker Realms is still a part of me. I also know that I speak to that darkness now, as it should know that I still seek one thing only – and will bargain for that outcome.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 05-28-2007 12:44 AM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron had just finished up what he was saying when in the distance he could have sworn he could make out a small image of K'khil. He squinted his eyes a bit, and the image he thought he saw became larger. By this time, he could see K'khil waving.

"K'khil, is that really you?" he called out as the insectoid began heading their way. As the Cricket finally got close enough for his identity to be perfectly clear, Aaron's face showed signs of evident relief.

"Oh thank the gods you are alright," he then commented. Then he paused, cocking his head a bit. "What the heck happened back there when we lost you, do you know?"

[ 05-28-2007 12:44 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 05-28-2007 12:55 AM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Verpine came to a halt, shrugged expansively.

"Know not I," he replied, then continued a touch hurriedly for him.

"But met with Phalomir did I; and overheard someone speaking of clones, as well."

Turning from Aaron then as if what he had just stated was yesterday's news, he hastened to make certain the children were well. From there he moved to stand in front of Yaoksi.

His shining eyes moved up and down the lanky form of the green-eyed man.

"Impossible," he muttered to himself, shaking his head and then letting his mandibles chatter a few times before turning then to Phalomir.

"You down that way are," he said, now pointing a pincer back in the direction from which he had just come.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 05-28-2007 01:03 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stared at the verpine in surprise.

“What do you mean?” he asked. “You encountered my clone down the hallway? Where? If the clone is awake and aware, then whoever is responsible for them may be here with us now. I should go dispatch this clone, and perhaps learn something of the its master.”

Phalomir turned and began walking down the hallway.

--------------------

K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 05-28-2007 11:01 AM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Verpine watched the Sith Lord move away in silence, his mind buzzing with ifs and whats and whys. But he had not been lying when he had told Phalomir -- whichever Phalomir that was -- that he was merely an engineer; subterfuge and deception were concepts he understood on a superficial level but could no more put into application than he could fly.

He moved to stand beside Aaron and Yaoksi again, let his mandible clatter.

"Distress this causes," he said suddenly.

"The Phalomir I met, harm toward any other did he not state. Of power was his bearing, but knowing not I nor you nor the younglings was he."

He paused to contemplate the figure whose lengthy strides were carrying him fast away.

"Of harm to others, killing clones of suspect is this one." He nodded toward Phalomir, paused a moment once again, trying to think.

"Why?"

Again he paused, struggling to express himself.

"In strange otherness this place is, removed from reality is it. Urgent to return to reality, more it is. Here are we all, now." He spread his manipulatory appendages to either side of him, pincers lightly brushing against the two men. "But the task this Phalomir now attends...

"Of what priority it is, ask you now I?"

He fell silent, now stepping out and turning to face them and proceeded to just stand there, passing concerned glances to one and the other, his mandibles chewing thoughtfully.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 05-28-2007 10:19 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"One thing only?" Shayla repeated arching an eyebrow slightly. "And what is this one thing that you speak of...

...and what do you plan to do to get it?"

Crossing her arms at that, Shayla simply waited for the Master's reply coolly.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-28-2007 10:36 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“The salvation of the Sith from the Vong,” he said flatly. “I have seen what the future holds, my dear, and it is a darkness beyond even what the Darker Realms could wish for this galaxy. Life is a constant circle, with this realm and the next both in perpetual dependency upon each other. But the Vong will disrupt that, and mold everything to their own design. Whether you can see this or not, I do not know, but I suspect the influence of that horrid race extends to places beyond that which is front of our eyes.”

He folded his arms and half-smiled at Shayla.

“I made bargains already with the powers of the Darker Realms,” he continued. “But those deals were not kept by the darkness. Something other interfered, keeping me from inheriting the power I needed to succeed in my quest. Now you have that power, and your sister has that power… or rather, that power has you. And I ask that power now to listen to me, to reason. Changes to the Sith triumvirate will come, yes, and of that I have no concern. But aid me in my quest, and prevent a tragedy for two planes of existence.”

The Master then held out his hands to her, opened.

“I will give you what you asked for so long ago,” he said. “I will give you my son.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-29-2007 10:20 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I ignored the Master's request, knowing full well what would happen if I gave him any chance to create a link with me that I could not control. After nearly ten meters of crawling, I finally came to a gap in the stones, and slid down the surface of the opposite side of the collapse.

I looked back, and knew that the hole likely wouldn't stand up to any more trips. "Well, I guess it's time to go around." I looked down the passage, and began to trod along the path.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.150.135
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 05-30-2007 10:15 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's greeny-blue eyes pierced the Master's. "You offer up your son and yet he is not here," she said in seeming nonchalance. Folding her arms then, she considered him even more thoughtfully. "Bring him to me...

... and do not lose him this time...

and then perhaps I will know that your words are more than just that, and we can continue working on our bargain."

[ 05-30-2007 10:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-30-2007 10:56 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master cocked his head, studying Shayla’s face.

“It seems our bargain was dissolved some time ago,” he said. “You broke your promises to me, even when I had delivered him to you. Even when I had prepared him as you had instructed. I tortured him, had my demons perform atrocities upon him, all because you deemed it necessary. Do not speak to me of words that cannot be trusted. If you wish him still, then speak to me with respect or collect him yourself.”

He closed his hands into fists.

“But listen to me,” he continued. “Not with your pride, not with short sight, but with intellect. There is something foul in the Darker Realms, even more so than betrayal among colleagues. I fear the Vong, I know what they will do. They will not stop with the realm of light, you must know this. And you surely must suspect as well as I that they already have roots in the Darker Realms, and will surely use them to destroy it. Can you not see this?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.167.124.90
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 05-30-2007 11:34 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla cocked her head slightly. "There is no infiltration of the Darker Realms that I am aware of," she then said flatly. "But such is not acceptable; we will not be controlled by any other."

Knowing full well of the Vong, Shayla let absolutely no evidence of her knowledge of this seep forward. "You, as the Father, have the most opportunity to retrieve your son. If you do so for me, your bargain with will be honored, fully. It was the fallacy of Dark Lord Roan which lead to the end of your son's initial conversion...

...and such error will not occur again."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-30-2007 11:44 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Yes,” said the Master, “about that…”

“Roan did take me by complete surprise, the way he showed up at the Tower all vibrant and full of power, and him just a shade even, and then just sort of razed it all. Ironically, a short while ago I used an old device of mine to locate Roan, to see what he was up to. It took a while to find him, which in itself was rather interesting, but what it showed me surprised even more than seeing Roan at the Tower. It showed me Roan… the REAL Roan, I believe, imprisoned and looking more like a sack of rotten yag roots than a vibrant Dark Lord of the Dead. Rather mysterious, wouldn’t you say?”

He stepped back on his heels, waiting for Shayla to react.

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.167.124.90
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 05-31-2007 10:20 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's eyes and features remained remarkably inscrutable considering that which the Master felt he was revealing to her. "The Dark Lord should not have been so foolish as to try to destroy the Tower," she responded. "But his status matters little in the grand spectrum of things, for he is dead."

She paused then, arching an eyebrow at the Master slightly. "You do realize the longer you play this out the more time the Vong yor fear have to infiltrate our worlds?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-31-2007 10:58 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master raised an eyebrow, curious as to this response. She seemed to completely pass over his statement about Roan’s position, for the depleted and dehorned pathetic Sith he saw in the image was surely not capable of such power as was needed to destroy the Tower. Nor was that Sith dead. No, what he saw was a living, breathing, beaten and defeated shell of a Dark Lord.

But not even a mild case of curiosity about this. Shayla offered only a dismissal and then baited him about the Vong.

“Very well then,” he said. “Your confidence about Roan is overwhelming and has instilled within me an unending ease. I shall think nothing further of it. But as for my son, I am afraid that past experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Perhaps we should clarify the arrangement before we lay our stakes on the table. I shall give my son to you, so you may complete your own goals, and in return I am given the power and means to obtain mine. I don’t think I shall need to mess about with the black oil of the River this time, however. I think that I shall stick to the powers I can trust, something more Sith. In short, I want the Finger of R’lous. Can you deliver this to me?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.144.152.30
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 05-31-2007 11:32 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir walked further down the hall, readying his powers. If there was a clone of him awake and waiting, then he would need to be quick. It would be unpredictable what such a confused individual would do, just a clone of a body with no education or background, not knowing where it came from or why. If it had memories at all they would false. For being inside a stasis cube surely meant that these clones were meant to be just empty shells for… whatever purpose.

But wasn’t his own memory full of holes? Didn’t he arrive in this time, this place as merely a shade stuck inside the head of a human? And just where did he find the body he now occupied, and how did he know where to find it and how to restore it? What if his consciousness was destined for one of these cloned bodies…?

The blast came quickly, without warning, as if the shadows themselves fired the energy. Even as Phalomir turned to see where the searing lightning originated, it had already begun to short-circuit his nerves and he crumpled to the floor silently.

In a minute’s time, the outer robe Phalomir had worn was removed and wrapped around another Phalomir, who began walking towards the group that the insectoid had joined.

“Greetings,” he said upon his approach. “I am Phalomir of the Houses of the Sith. It is a pleasure to meet you all, and a great honor to meet you again, Captain Yaoksi.”

Phalomir stared at Yaoksi with a mused look of adulation, and held out his hand to him.

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.144.152.30
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 05-31-2007 11:45 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My poor beleaguered brain spun, burdened as it was with improbable assertations of this Phalomir and that Phalomir; blinking, I was in the process of opening my mouth to shoot an engaging "HUH?!?" at the chattering Verpine when lo and behold who should stride back to us but Phalomir.

Er, he looked like Phalomir... and he sounded like Phalomir... but the context of his words sure as there's podracing on Tatooine didn't jive with what our Phalomir would say.

I took a shaky step backwards, avoiding the hand which loomed in my direction; only then did the accompanying words he spoke hit me.

I couldn't help it.

"HUH?!?" The word blurted from my lips before I could think to stop it. I shot another look toward the others, only then realizing that I still had a blaster in my hand. It raised instinctively, wavered, then lowered it a tad from where it had bull's-eyed Phalomir's chest to the region of his navel.

There it froze, as did I.

[ 05-31-2007 11:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05