my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Tears of the Rancor (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Tears of the Rancor
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-29-2007 08:21 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"It doesn't hurt as much anymore. My bones are lighter then a humans so they heal faster. It should heal in a week maybe two."

I looked over at Jharu, to answer his question.

"No offense but last time I was in your healing chambers the people that entered looked worse then when they left. All I want to do now is take a nice shower to get all this dirt, blood, and who knows what else out of my fur. Then sleep"

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 01-29-2007 10:17 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu listened to Links statement and couldnt help a quiet snicker. "That is definately a good point, rest is likely the best cure for your ailments"

As he lead the children down the hall with seeming confidence, he couldnt help but wrack his brain over where there might be quarters next to eachother that were unoccupied...for yes the temple was his home...but it was a home he had been away from for some time...

He decided to stick with what he knew, and lead them nearer to his own room, he was sure that there were a few empty rooms in the vacinity.

As he lead on something of thea's earlier question came to tickle at his conciousness, and he turned to her as they walked and couldnt help but ask...

"before...you said that your people base there respect of you on the strength of your force, and skill...Forgive me...but could he explain this more? I dont mean to judge your people...but it seems somewhat barbaric to give someone respect based on how forcefull or strong they may be...do you fight to prove yourselves? or..."

he let his words trailed off, inwardly imagining a grand battle royal between humans, the winner being granted the highest respect...completely misunderstanding thea's meaning of the word "force" and the reference to the strength and skill of it.

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 24.182.10.147
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-29-2007 11:25 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The servant who had been asked by Lord Phalomir to lead the guests to their rooms had hung respectfully back throughout all of this, quietly letting Jharu lead the way. But as they entered the area of the Temple reserved for royalty, she couldn't help but gasp and speak up.

"Pardons, M'Lord, but the guest quarters are in that direction--"

Her rosy eyes pinned to the stones beneath her feet, she made a gesture indicating a corridor they had recently passed by.

[ 01-29-2007 11:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 01-29-2007 11:32 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
jharu looked to the young sith suddenly, and gave a polite bow with his head.

"So they are, It seems im not quite as familiar with the temple as i should perhaps be" he let out another quiet laugh along with a little smile as he reached out to gently pull the young siths eyes upward to meet his gaze "thank you" he said in his quiet sincere manner.

He then shifted the troup so they migth head in the correct direction.It will take some time getting used to things...

[ 01-29-2007 11:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jharu ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 01-29-2007 11:37 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“I will trust your skills, then,” said Phalomir. “I can ask a Sith pilot to join us, but I would rather not draw more into our group if it is not necessary. Both Galen and Shayla are capable of piloting our ships, and I have faith in you.”

Phalomir exhaled deeply. “There is another thing, however. Your daughter, Thea. She seems quite different from the other…” Phalomir lowered his voice on the next word. “…jedi… I have known. Shayla and Shawn seem much more sure of themselves and their abilities, and do not dwell on the past. I mean no disrespect in asking this, but I do not know what we shall face when we reach Dagobah. Are you sure she is capable of handling danger should it arise?”

Phalomir held his hands before him, raised slightly.

“There is another Sith world, where the Clan of Sorcerers makes its home. We could take her there, where she would be safe with Lord Aelvedaar’s adopted son, away from Shayla and the young girl’s fears. I leave this decision with you.”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.129.171.195
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 01-29-2007 11:46 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Was I certain Thea was capable of handling danger, should it arise--

Now, that was something I'd been pondering upon since the lil gal had been placed into my care. Now, however, while every fatherly instinct within me was screaming that she and her little Ryn friend should be tucked away safe and sound somewhere, deep in my heart I knew that wasn't the best move to make.

That's just thinking of me, of me wanting her safe... not allowing her to spread her wings and fly...

She'd already passed through the Darker Realms unscathed; what could possibly be worse than that?

I said as much to Phalomir.

"I think that it would be best to keep them along with us; she's been wanting to help find Galen, and would never forgive me if I checked the reins now."

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 01-29-2007 11:59 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Very well,” Phalomir nodded. “I shall be waiting for you here in eight standard hours. I shall instruct a servant to fetch you all.”

Phalomir stood tall and stretched, then sat on the corner of the table.

“We have a few minutes before the servant returns for you, do you have any questions for me?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.129.171.195
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 01-30-2007 08:44 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I'm glad you are feeling better!" Thea was happy to not have to worry as much about her friend.

Jharu's question however was troubling.

"It's not our force its The Force. And fighting contradicts the nature of the Force except in defense. You don't know what the Force is do you? Well, it's an energy that surrounds all things and is in all things. It comes from the very life of the universe and protects life, without it life could not exist. To have strength in the Force we must work hard and practice meditating and clearing our minds so that we can hear the energy of life around us. Those that are truly strong can communicate at great distances with each other, they can see what is happening across the galaxy, they are also subject to feeling the great sorrows of the universe - death and destruction and the loss of life. To be strong in the Force is to have the life of the universe coursing through you and to be able to touch it and know a connectedness to everything around you. We all aspire to that level of connection to the universe and all life around us. And to have skill in the Force is to know how to use this energy to manipulate things around you. To lift or move things without touching them, to deflect weapons with a thought, to read others minds and help convince them of the truth, to help speed cleaning, some can even create energy masses and direct them to safeguard life. Basically it is our mental powers that earn respect the stronger your mind and more disciplined you are the more respected you will become. And the older members tend to be stronger because of more years of study."

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.235.149
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 01-30-2007 09:47 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu listened to thea as they walked, allowing her words to roll around in his head for a bit, making sure he understood what it was she was saying.

"I...Think i understand..."
This force...is in some way similar to the powers mother holds?

"I apologize for missunderstanding your words. I hope i didnt offend you."

they rounded another corner and an idea came to him.

"if it is indeed mental prowess that your people hold in high regard, you might wish to visit our library sometime...Any added knowledge will always benifit-..." As the words came from his mouth he looked up to realize they had reached, as far as he could tell, there destination.

"-Ah...here we are... You may stay in these rooms here."

--------------------

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-30-2007 10:02 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Finally a room."

I opened the door and headed into the room. It was a decent size room with two beds, a couch, some chairs, and a fresher. One thing I noted was it didn't have a sani-steam, but an old fashioned shower.

"Thea, you humans have it easy, with just that little bit of hair on your head it must be easy to keep clean. Hopefully you didn't need the shower first because I'm going to take a while."

Heading into the shower I turned it on then removed all my gear, enjoying the feeling of my fur being purged of all the things that went wrong with today.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 01-31-2007 03:25 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea smiled at Jharu. He seemed genuinely interested in learning about her and he was kind to them.

"You didn't offend me. We are often misunderstood by even others of our own races who are unable to learn to connect with the universe. My first Master and his apprentice both gave their lives to protect the other children at the Praxeum - our school - from others who sought to destroy them just for wanting to learn. I'm just glad that you wanted to learn, not get rid of me for aspiring to be a Master someday. Many people would have chosen that road, others would run in fear over what they don't understand. A library sounds wonderful I'm sure ours was destroyed when the school was. I loved spending time there even though I was just learning to read at the time. But I do need sleep now, its been a long day. Thank you for helping me feel better. I'm still afraid of Shayla but I think it is a little better."

She followed Link in the room waving goodbye at the door. She didn't bother to answer Link when she asked about the shower and just fell into one of the beds fully clothed and curled up to sleep.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.235.149
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-31-2007 07:23 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
That was great, for once in who knows how long my fur is clean. I returned to the main room and found Thea asleep on one of the beds. Not wanting to disturb her I went over to the other bed then stripped it, the pillows, covers, sheets and threw them into a corner. All that was left was a mattress.

Fashioning the materials into what appeared a nest I looked around the room and found a small glass vase on a table. I took it and stashed it into my 'nest'. Without my blaster I will need something I can easily break and use as a weapon if I need one.

Settling into my 'nest' I took one more quick look around before falling asleep for the night.

--------------------

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 01-31-2007 07:32 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu waited by the door for a moment to make sure all was well, before turning to the servent who had accompanied them,

"I believe i will return to the dinning hall for a time," his words were soft and as smooth as his motions while his body turned to begin retracing his steps. Perhaps he would finaly eat something, and perhaps lord phalomir could give him a better understanding of the current situation...

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-31-2007 11:29 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stretched in turn, beginning to feel a bit more comfortable in the presence of those around me. I dunno; maybe it was the simple fact that this apparently powerful Dark Lord was "human" enough to have stretched and smiled at me, too.

Notwithstanding the simple fact that he was towering over me even more closely at the moment--!

At any rate, I could feel tension beginning to ooze from me; giving a little grunt I straightened in my seat, but not before shooting a quick glance at K'kihl. That worthy was blissfully engaged in emptying the basket in front of him; whether he was tired or not, who could tell. All I knew was that if I didn't hit the ol' sack but soon I'd be a puddle on the floor.

And that could be right embarrassing.

"Well... not really," I finally said, lifting a hand to my mouth to hide the yawn I just could not manage to stifle. I blinked, toying around a bit as to whether or not I should bring up the little matter of Devil-May-Care again. Dammit but it was getting to be like missing limb syndrome:

I sure as hell missed the ol' girl!

[ 01-31-2007 11:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 01-31-2007 11:56 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Reading the look on Yaoksi’s face, Phalomir could see both the concern and the fatigue. He smiled, the look of an old buddy. The servant had returned and was waiting patiently a few yards from the table.

“Then I suggest you all get some rest. Eight hours will pass quickly, and you will need to be fresh. I will make arrangements and investigate the state of your ship, if possible. I shall meet you back here in a few hours!”

Phalomir looked to the servant, who nodded and waited for the men – and cricket – to follow. Phalomir leaned his back to the wall and watched them all depart.

He looked down at the glass in his hand, now half empty. He didn’t usually drink much, but the brandy was going down easy that night. He would stop with this one, his third. He turned the glass around in his hands, watching the light play on the crystal. The brandy was doing its job, and he began to appreciate the liberating feeling in his head. He had too much body for the brandy to make him inebriated, but his thoughts were suddenly incredibly clear.

He looked around the hall, taking in the immensity of it. He would need to make arrangements for a way to Dagobah, but he had an idea. He was about to finish off the rest of the liquid when he saw Jharu in the doorway. Phalomir waved and sat back down.

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 02-01-2007 09:26 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He had been standing by the door observing the situation when phalomir waved to him, though it had seemed as if the dark lord had been preparing to finish here. He set his body to motion and he traversed silently to where the lord awaited.

Giving a polite bow of his head jharu let his words roll out softly, "i apologize if i am keeping you lord Phalomir, i did not mean to invade. Please do not allow me to inconvenience you"

after which his teenage instincts invaded and he could not help but sit down and snatch up something he could fill his stomach with, though he did so in the most polite way he could...most likely.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 02-03-2007 12:28 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir couldn’t help but chuckle at Jharu. He hid this with a cough and quick response.

“You are not keeping me,” he said. “After all, I invited you to come back if you wished. I do need to make arrangements, but I would like to speak with you. So much has happened since last I saw you, and even then we did not have a chance to know each other very well. I have things to tell you, but perhaps you could first tell me something about yourself. You seem to be much, um, larger than I remember you to be. What, um… what happened?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 02-03-2007 04:17 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: So phalomir reminded me of something that happened before i left before, The fact that jharu had a trip through time and came out older, i had completely forgotten about it, and was still thinking he was at the point before then... Going to try to slide it all together ))

He looked at phalomir quietly for a moment and looked back into his mind.

"the passage of time is a strange and mysterious thing... Forgive me if i cant give you details, but the exact details are not known to me... Away with my father, i've spent the last few years trying to peace together who i am, and my reason for being here..."

He looked outward once more to find phalomirs eyes, "My past is not something I can be sure of... I finaly decided that the past can not be what you base your future on... I retrained myself, and found comfort in my being...That is what is important...its now that i'll move forward and make my place in this universe."

A bit of boyishness crept into his features with a sincere little smile, "Regardless, i will always be the sad little boy who wishes to be with his mother... I want to help with whatever is going on"

[ 02-03-2007 03:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jharu ]

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 02-03-2007 11:17 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I rubbed my face with one hand, the sigh it muffled managing to slip between my fingers to echo along the stones of the walls we were now proceeding through. Before us, a young-- at least I believe she was young, for this strange new people were a bit difficult for me to immediately assess-- Sith servant padded quietly, somehow remaining as silent as a cloud puff though she moved at a fairly rapid pace. On my one side, my ol' buddy K'kihl wasn't bothering to hide the fact of his passage: his chitinous feet clacked and clattered against the stones, giving anyone up ahead who might not yet see us the impression that some sort of miniature stone glacier was advancing their way.

I shot him a frown, and leaned my head a bit in his direction.

"K'kihl," I hissed in a low whisper. "It is kinda late, pal; do you think you could possibly manage to--"

The rest of that admonishment was nipped abruptly in the bud. Still moving along, he simply turned his face to me, cocked his head a bit into the direction that we were traveling, and moved his mandibles.

Damn, there he goes again. There's something about his posture...

"What is it, pal?" I asked, all thought of remaining quiet for the sake of the lateness of the hour slipping from my mind like water. But he refused to speak, just turned to contemplate our forward progress and remained thus until we were brought at last to a wooden door.

It was beautiful in its simplicity: richly carved, shining and darkened with age, hints of inlay and golden studs providing subtle patterning upon it. The Sith merely paused, opened that door, and gestured we enter therein.

I waggled my brows at K'kihl and did so, pausing a few feet inside to gawk. Behind me came a characteristic clatter as K'kihl came up then shouldered past me, to jump upon one of the two richly adorned beds and bounce upon it. This was followed by Aaron's short chuckle.

I turned back to the Sith, jaw agape.

"Tha-" I began, but she merely bowed, stated the children were in the adjoining room, and left.

I blinked at the rapidity with which I found ourselves alone in such luxury.

"Wow, guys; a man could get used to this!"

Grinning like ten kinds of fool, I started moving about the suites allotted to us, fingering rich tapestries and furs and woolens and satins and gem-encrusted furniture and--

The clatter of mandibles sounded from the bed and I turned, all appreciation for the rooms gone.

"What is it, buddy?" I asked as I moved to a sideboard where something green in a crystalline flask beckoned. I poured myself a glass and took a sip, gesturing toward Aaron with the bottle even as I turned back to K'kihl to hear what he had to say.

[ 02-03-2007 12:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 02-03-2007 11:25 AM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Verpine paused in his bouncing and pinned the human with his blank, unblinking eyes. For a few seconds he moved his mandibles, as if deciding how to preface the words he wished to speak. Not finding this, he shrugged minisculely, and simply let it out.

"Yaoksi... Boss Sorben... here he is, in dungeons is he... prisoner have they made him..."

He paused again, cocking his head a little when Yaoksi only shot him a slightly confused look. Moving his mandibles silently, he finally finished.

"Boss Sorben... Lt. Sorben Tarnus is he.

"And here, locked away, also he is. Truth is this, Boss Yaoksi; I saw him..."

Not knowing what else to follow these startling words with, the engineer merely returned to bouncing slightly on the bed.

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 02-03-2007 11:42 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A chill as cold as all of space itself erupted along my spine, raising the hairs on the back of my neck, easily pushing the budding warmth and trust I was beginning to develop toward these peoples into obscurity as the imagined sight of an Imperial blockade began to vie for attention against Lord Phalomir's easy going manner. Interspersed throughout were other images: images of the creatures we had battled as we fled my poor stricken ship; memories of the gigantic yet unknown explosion that had toppled everyone like cordwood; a mental note of the huge Sith Lord who appeared so calm, so unaffected, who smiled so damned much...

One shiver raced through my body which, with some effort, I managed to suppress.

"Are you certain, K'kihl? I mean, that's a rather--"

Again my words were nipped in the bud with his simple and immediate nod.

I drew in a deep breath, let it out in a long whoosh.

Gods. Who could we trust now? That hulking Lord had mentioned there was evil in that Graysith and the blond; maybe this evil was the author of what was happening here but he did profess to love them both...

And who in all the known universe would have the power to imprison the man who was in charge of the Empire, for god's sakes...

I shuddered again, now remembering the strange doorways through which we had traveled to get here.

And who had opened them.

Gads. Had we been that naive...?

I drew in another breath.

"We- we're going to have to spring him, guys," I whispered, now sitting on the bed myself. Beside me the ol' Cricket merely nodded with enthusiasm, as if planning the jailbreak of someone who in himself represented what could be yet another enemy, from the bowels of a temple on a planet filled with people hardly anyone even dreamed existed, was the most natural thing in the world to do.

I sighed again and let myself flop backward, ignoring both roommates to stare upward at the ceiling arching dimly over our heads. It too was richly designed, made of tiles and stones in startlingly detailed bas relief. I blinked, stared closer, started seeing images up there: images of battles and...

People dying? Being conquered?

I didn't even hear the Old Cricket as he moved from the bed to a couch wehre he would sleep the night. I paid no attention to the soft rustles of Aaron as he too moved quietly about. I just lay there, staring and thinking, shivering and wondering what in all the Universe we were going to do now.

[ 02-03-2007 12:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 02-03-2007 09:09 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Taking another goblet of the green stuff and trying his best to settle back into one of the luxurious beds, still uncomfortable from his run-in with the demon, Aaron frowned at the most recently developing line of news.

"Not to complicate matters further," Aaron then spoke up, "But how did the guy who runs the Empire get captured here, alone? And why would he be here alone?"

Aaron didn't really know the answer to that...

...but he had to wonder. He'd been there when Galen and Jasyn were plotting to get into Coruscant to take Darra back from the Empire, after Terrin had been killed. And the last time he'd seen Terrin alive, his partner was enroute to Coruscant after sending Galen and Darra there...

...with another man, according to Terrin's own words.

But what other man?

Aaron's frown deepened. Why was he vaguely remembering Galen mentioning a "Sorben" back when Terrin had first brought her to the Hornett? Was there a connection, or was he dreaming things? Maybe he'd had too much of the green stuff...

Aaron shook his head, clearing his vision enough to look back and forth between Yaoksi and the Verpine. "How could he be here alone, with the resources of the Empire at his fingertips? And why haven't they come after him, unless for some reason they were instructed not to do so? Or unless something has happened to them too..."

He trailed then, chills now running up and down his spine. The very thoughts that little suposition brought were much more than just unpleasant. "Eagle Enteprises does not have the best relations with the Empire...

...but maybe we need to make contact and let them know about this, because I'm not sure we have the resources to spring him effectively...

...and I'm not so sure someone isn't waging war with the Empire with this move." Another chill. He looked over to Yaoksi. "You're saying you had a bad feeling about all this...

...I agree. I don't know who to trust...

...and now how utterly convenient is it that Terrin, Galen, and the guys are on Degobah, some of them in precarious situations as well? And all of us now stuck here?"

He frowned again. "I wonder...I think Petrolu is in good graces with the Empire," he said then. "I know he's had interactions with Tarnus. We just might be needing him, soon...

...but then again, by the time we get to him it might be too late..."

[ 02-03-2007 09:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 02-05-2007 11:51 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu sat munching on something for a time longer, before a moment of inspiration struck him. Suddenly he stood and bowed curtly to phalomir.

"Excuse me lord phalomir, but i have just remembered something that requires my immediate attention. I hope to be able to continue this conversation in the near future"

with another quick bow he turned and made haste through the hallways, untill locking himself away in his quarters.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 02-06-2007 11:00 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir cocked an eyebrow as he watched Jharu depart. He then sat there for a moment longer, contemplating the future and what it would bring, then shook his head. It was folly to spend time worrying, life would play itself out one way or another, and he had to be prepared for it.

Phalomir stood and walked to the doors, and in a few moments was headed out on a late night shuttle to the shipyards. He needed to know what had become of his ship, and if was still in working order. He was happy to discover that the ship was exactly as it had been left. When they had landed in it, the Warriors were in the middle of a crisis with the “death” of the Dark Lady and the usurpation of the throne by ShaRhylla. He was very happy to make this discovery, and after a brief inspection he stepped out and returned to the temple.

Once there, he checked the main receiving hall for Jharmeen, but she was not there. Assuming she had gone to bed, he headed for his own quarters. He was soon standing inside the grand room, and sat down on the edge of the ornately carved bed. He closed his eyes and fell backwards onto the silky bed covers.

“Jharmeen,” he exhaled. “What has become of you, my love?”

His softly spoken rhetorical sigh was answered by what sounded like a stifled laugh from the far corner of the room. Phalomir opened his eyes as he swung upwards and around, coming to sit on the bed once again, facing the corner.

“My Lady?” he asked the hidden shadows.

[ 02-07-2007 09:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.128.247.17
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 02-07-2007 09:15 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was yanked from my worries by what sounded like a dim voice, somewhere in the distance. Rolling my head against the softness of the pillow beneath it, I stared out into the yawning, firelit chamber.

"You say something?" I asked, stifling a yawn myself.

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05