my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Tears of the Rancor (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Tears of the Rancor
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-21-2007 10:30 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith's girl's eyes widened, and she worked her jaw a bit hesitantly until finally replying.

"I've been trying to tell you: I am a Sith," she said, slowly and with great emphasis.

"I am of the Warrior Clan of the Sith."

She turned then to the irate furry one.

"And I do not mean to force any idealogy on anybody, but after what you have said I believe you are confused. I was merely trying to explain the truth to you."

Falling silent, she then folded her hand in front of herself and turned her gaze back to Thea.

"I'm not certain what a 'comm device' is, but if you really wish to be reunited with your companion, I will send a runner to fetch him, as I have already offerred to do."

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 01-22-2007 07:35 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea couldn't process what she was hearing. It made no sense to her.

"But Sith is an ideology. It's what the ones who chose the Dark Side over the Light of the Force and the ways of the Jedi have always called themselves. I've never even heard of it being a race. It's what you chose to be not are born. There have been Sith from every race - the most infamous were both human. I... I don't really understand."

Thea looked around herself hopelessly. Nothing was as it seemed anymore. How could she expect to be protected from a Sith when the name brought no terror to these people. Indeed when the very word seemed to have a different meaning altogether for them. She looked between Link and the girl hoping for some help, something that would ease her confusing and anxiety.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.255.191
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-22-2007 08:51 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The rosy-eyed young Sith eyed Thea with as much confusion as she now read in the human girl's expression.

"I--" she began when she was interrupted. For the door that Link was hesitating in front of suddenly came open, revealing yet another of the servants of the Temple.

"I have been instructed by Lord Phalomir to bring you to the one called Ya-ows-kee," she elucidated, speaking each syllable strangely, as though they were uncomfortable rocks in her mouth.

"In seeking you, I found the Elder, who has gone about other business; please now, if you will all come with me..."

Turning sideways the Sith woman gestured gracefully toward the door, indicating with a nod of her head that the young Sith girl was to accompany them as well. For the pair had been in her charge, and the Lord would like her present when he questioned them as to the care they had been given.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-22-2007 09:02 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
These sith's language skills must be lacking a simple name like Yaoksi shouldn't be that hard to pronounce, I've heard wookies get closer.

Reguardless at least we would get what we wanted to find Yaoksi and hopefully leave this place.

"Well this certianly speeds things along, Shall we go Thea?"

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 01-22-2007 09:05 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now Aaron frowned a bit, once more shifting in his seat. "We were discussing getting a ship to get to Degobah and get to our friends," he asserted. "And I was mentioning how Galen had said you had some sort of ship that could get past blockades like those of the Empire," he added, looking over at Phalomir and raising an eyebrow. "And buddy, we don't really want to tangle into your Sith affairs...

...but at the moment, there are some good friends of ours who are tangled up in them. We'd like to get to them ASAP; it's been long enough as it is."

Quieting a moment at that, Aaron simply leveled a gaze with Phalomir...

...then ended with, "And as for our missing companion...he's a Verpine."

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-22-2007 09:08 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Although the Ryn's words were lighthearted and innocent enough, her body language was anything but. The thought which raced across her mind manifested itself in the tiniest bit of arrogance: her furry body stiffened, her eyes hardened, and just before she turned to address Thea the Sith female thought she saw her nostrils actually curling, as if in disgust.

She clasped her hands together as the pair moved to the door, pressing herself against the frame to allow them free passage into the corridor beyond. There she easily took the lead, so as to show them how to get to the Dining Hall from the servant's quarters.

As she led them gracefully along, the Teacher within her could refrain no longer.

"It is always wise to respect the ways of others, for only by this shall you in turn be respected by them," she commented lightly, keeping her eyes ahead although she cocked her head a bit backwards, that Link would know that comment had been directed toward her.

[ 01-22-2007 09:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-22-2007 09:23 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Make furniture explode, shove your version of history down my throat, and demand respect; minus exploding furniture the sith might be more related to hutts then anything else.

"It's hard to respect your ways if they invole trying to convert me and feel sympathetic to your cause, I know nothing about you, your race, your history. Just like you know nothing of mine and I'm content to leave it that way."

I honestly don't know any of my own history myself, I've never actually met another ryn, and to top it off I was raised by mostly humans, near humans, and a wookie.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-22-2007 09:36 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith brought the little party to an immediate halt at that, one hand gracefully raised. A strange admixture of solemnity, concern and sadness haunted her brilliant yellow eyes.

"I feel sorry for you, young one," she said softly.

"For one so young, to hold such hardness against others, to remove oneself as you have from the beauty of the universe which surrounds you, and to only see that universe through such pre-ordained, tunneled vision..."

She trailed, shaking her head in sad bemusement.

"I wish you could remain with us. Our teachers would be happy to open your eyes to the fact that there are others who share this wonderful universe with you, and who have much to give, not--"

She stopped, her lip quirking a little before she forced it to behave itself again.

"Push upon you, as you seem to believe we, and perhaps all you have ever met, are so erroneously wont to do."

Blinking her eyes to soften anything which might be misconstrued as being some sort of verbal attack, she turned away from the two and continued walking down through the servant's quarters, the pair in tow behind her.

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-22-2007 10:01 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"You feel sorry for me because I don't agree with your views of the beauty of the universe."

The sith condensending tone sent me over the edge for her to simply pass off what my life was like and feeling sorry because I didn't find beauty in the universe.

"If you lived the life I had to live of course you would havesuch hardness towards others."

I stopped in the hallway calling back memories I long hoped I had buried.

"I tried to live a normal life, I was raised by smugglers because they reguarded me with the same curiocity as a batha, they all didn't care about me. I eventually perfected my computer skills and lanted a job, I was going to be legit, a programer for a company in the corprate sector."

I pulled back a my long hair exposing the back of my neck which revealed a patch of skin where fur did not grow and was burnt.

"When I arrived and that they saw I was ryn they imediatly sold me to a slaver who did this and auctioned me off, there where two buyers one who wanted me as a pet ryn for his daughter, the other wanted my fur for a rug. I was sold to the later, but as it turned out after I was sold the two men accused each other of cheating and fought each other. I managed to escape and used my computer skills to slice my way off planet and make a living hiding the fact of what I am."

Tears began to roll down my face of the pain I was subjected to and how alone I was, mearly because of what I am.

"So as you can see for a ryn there is no beauty in the universe only pain, and hope that I will survive the next day."

--------------------

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-22-2007 10:16 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once again the Sith female stopped, turning round to face Link full in the face. But it was pain that now flooded her brilliant eyes, for one of the highest ideals of the Sith was that they nurture their young, providing them with love and comfort and education, that when they rose to adulthood they would be citizens worthy to be entitled Sith. No matter what clan held them.

But this-- this was an anathema to her, foreign to her very belief system.

"A-- slave?" she murmured, blinking a little more rapidly to keep back the instinctive rush of tears Link's words provoked from her. She swayed the tiniest bit, refraining with every cell in her body from scooping the Ryn into her arms for a long over-due hug.

Somehow, as much as she knew the young girl needed that, this was not the most appropriate of times or places for it.

"Oh my dear, such people you have been subjected to, to treat you in this manner. We would never, could never treat our young, or any young for that matter, in such a way. We--"

She paused, seeing instinctive anger beginning to rise up in Link's eyes once again.

"I will take you to your companion; and while your past has been a dim one indeed, I do hope your future holds more brightness for you. But please--"

Now she did take a step toward the Ryn, holding out one hand in her direction.

"Try not to be so coldly aloof. By your words you have been through much, but if you continue to believe that everyone will always be like those you have encountered, you will never be able to accept those who are quite the opposite, and would otherwise treat you with respect, simply for being a fellow living thing.

"I shall say no more; I see this upsets you. Forgive me if I have overstepped any bounds here. I shall take you now to your friend."

Which was exactly what she did, turning forward again and speaking no more until after about another fifteen minutes of wandering through corridor after corridor she came to a set of ornately carved double doors.

"The Grand Dining Hall," she said by way of introduction as she pushed them gently open to lead them inside. There she allowed them little opportunity to stop and gawk at the immense splendor they were now in, but led them directly to the table where Yaoksi and Aaron yet remained with Lord Phalomir.

"My Lord," she said as she closed her eyes and bowed.

"I have brought the ones of which you spoke."

Saying no more, she remained in the humble posture, waiting until Lord Phalomir would release her from it.

[ 01-22-2007 10:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 01-22-2007 11:17 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu simply stood his smile fading a bit into a kind of saddened emptiness. he had been ignored, and utterly so.

With a deep breath he let loose a small sigh and walked off into the corridors of the temple, heading in the general direction of his room. perhaps he would return to sleep now, as he found he truely wasnt all that hungry anymore.

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 24.182.10.147
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 01-23-2007 12:22 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir nodded to the servant. “Thank you,” he said. “You have brought much relief to these men.”

He studied the two children before him, raising his eyebrow slightly at the Ryn. “I am Phalomir, Dark Lord of the Armorer Clan. Please feel free to eat and drink, and make yourselves comfortable. Yaoksi, Aaron, and I were discussing your friends Galen and Terrin and the others, and after everyone here is rested I shall arrange for a reunion.”

Phalomir extended his hands to two empty seats. “Please, sit, be comfortable. I understand you’ve all had quite an adventure, and I apologize for the strange circumstances in which you arrived. I also see from your faces that I and my people are strange to you as well. The Sith race has been remote, out of contact with your society for a very long time.”

Phalomir folded his hands on the table before him. “I would be happy to answer any questions you all have while you take your refreshments.” He lifted his hand to a servant standing by the doorway.

“But to answer your questions, Aaron, we do have ships that may be able to slip past the blockade, but the more this happens, the more likely the Empire shall one day find a way to stop us. And if I can arrange it, we may travel there even faster. And not through the Darker Realms, this I promise.”

The servant arrived and waited. Phalomir looked to Yaoksi.

“One of this group’s members is lost within the temple. He is of a race called ‘verpine’. Yaoksi, could you describe your friend so the search may begin?”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.131.93.226
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 01-23-2007 08:48 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea listened attentively as the girl began to speak. She had not had any real instruction in too many years and was eager to learn about a new culture no matter how strange their name seemed to her. However it was not to be and Thea sighed slightly as the older woman interrupted them to bring them back to the men. As happy as she was to get back to the safety of her adopted father, she was a little disappointed to be losing the chance to get to know the strange girl. Somehow she didn't think the girl would talk as freely in front of the Elder the woman had mentioned. Nevertheless Thea followed the group out of the room silently lost in her thoughts. She was once again struck by how vast the building was.

Thea could hear the debate going on between the woman and Link but she ignored it until Link blurted out her history. Shocked she looked at her friend and the scar on her neck. Thea couldn't believe there were people in the universe that would do this to someone. She had long been taught that race meant nothing and it was what a person did with their life that matters, after all at one time there had been Jedi of all races and they were judged only by their strength in the Force and skills.

Thea gently slipped her hand over Link's trying to protect her in the little way she could, through the only comfort she could give. She listened as the woman put her thoughts into words and waited until they were once again underway to reach over and brush a tear from her friend's face.

"Link, I'm sorry. You'll always be my friend and my equal, I promise you."

She walked on in silence keeping her hold on her friend. And even as they reached the table and she slid up next to Yaoksi and hugged him.

Listening to the strange man's words of welcome she hesitated to ask someone so much older the question she still had.

"Sir... ummm... well... we were talking with this young girl and she was just starting to tell me... well... forgive me but I've never heard of Sith being a race. I was always taught that it was an ideology built on the use of the Dark Side. To take up that alliance is death. They are dangerous and evil, but can be of any race, as we can be. The most infamous have been human, the one that has tried to kill me is human. She is the one that caused the death of one of our Masters, Cella. We were Padawans together before she betrayed the order. And as she was nearly an adult and I just a Youngling at the time, she virtually stopped my training besides that which I could practice myself. I just don't understand who you all are. And why you chose to call yourselves so evil a name?"

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 01-23-2007 09:35 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I had just been readying an answer to Lord Phalomir when Thea barrelled into the seat next to me, hugged me tightly, then sprung a stream of questions his way. And boy howdy did my eyes widen to hear her misconceptions.

After giving her a hug in turn, followed by a kiss on the top of her head, I pulled back a little so as to lend the look I was giving her more weight.

"Thea, hon," I began, wondering how to say what I had to say. Then I gave mycelf a mental shrug, and just went on with it.

"I don't know what you're talking about, sweetie. Cella was ki--"

I paused, unwilling to even say the word to so young and tender a set of ears. But she had to know the truth.

"Cella was killed by some kind of demonic imp thing, the same thing that-- that seriously injured a very dear friend of my own."

I drew in a ragged breath, stricken with a sudden rush of anguish. I opened my mouth to explain what K'kihl was, but remained quiet. It was, after all, the Lord's turn to speak, and to tell the truth I didn't think I could say another word right at that moment.

Nassy--

[ 01-23-2007 09:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-23-2007 09:58 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith Elder had been readying a reply when the young white-robed Sith simply smiled somewhat vaguely, turned about, and continued on down the corridor as if he had never stopped to speak with her in the first place. Her brow rose in momentary confusion, then she shrugged to herself. For who was she, to find fault with the foibles of the royalty; shaking her head a little then she simply went on her way, still seeking the Dark Lady that she could inform her of the human child and the strange words she had spoken of.
Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 01-23-2007 10:56 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir sighed a little, but kept a smile on his face. A small niggling in his mind was calling out that time was somehow growing precious, but he did not know if it was real sense or just impatience.

“I believe this evil you speak of is what we called the Jedi,” he said. “Our people have been called ‘Sith’ for thousands of years. Our society is based in magick and honor, and we ruled the galaxy for countless generations. But the Jedi came to us, deceived us, and attacked relentlessly with their weapons of evil light. The scholars of my time – that is, um, in my time as Dark Lord – learned that these Jedi worshipped the dark side of your Force, which meant that there was a light side, and that gave us hope. These Dark Jedi, it was also learned, had stolen our name and the most powerful of them had been able to somehow learn some of our magick. Those are the ones you know of as ‘sith’.”

Phalomir paused to allow that bit to sink in, then continued.

“You see, our history is very close to our people. Very close indeed. What you think of as Sith, and what we think of as ‘jedi’ are one in the same. It will do you well to not mention the word ‘jedi’ while you are a guest here. We owe you no ill will, and I hope you will do the same.”

Phalomir took a drink from the glass that had somehow been filled while he was not looking.

“I do believe, however, I should set my people to the task of locating your lost verpine friend so we may begin the planning for Dagobah. I am most anxious to find not only your friends, but my friends Lord Aelvedaar and Panthar Dantares as well. Oh, and I must advise you, especially the children, to not go wandering the Temple without either myself or a servant I assign to you. There are many miles of corridors, and the moods of the Dark Lady and her daughter could be volatile at the moment. For that matter, her second, Shayla, is also a bit testy. But Yaoksi, if you would, please describe you friend.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.130.90.219
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-23-2007 11:06 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was jerked out of my momentary funk by the Dark Lord questioning me for a second time. I grunted a little, ran my hand down my face, and let it stop over my mouth for a bit.

Ghods, but it could still hurt...

Then I removed it altogether and held it about a foot over my head.

"He's the only two-legged cricket you're going to find around here, more than likely, about yea high, always on the lookout for a hydrospanner..."

A sigh of air pushed my lips in to a meager grin at my joke, and I drew in a deep breath.

Somehow, I didn't know exactly how, but I swear to all the ghods in the universe I'm gonna get my ship out of that place of horror...

...and seek revenge for what those ghodforsaken things had done to Cella and Nassy.

Not to mention Terrin.

[ 01-23-2007 11:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 01-23-2007 11:18 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stared at Yaoksi for a moment, not sure if he were joking. Satisfied that he was serious, he looked at the servant.

“There you have it,” he said. “Inform the exterminator to kill nothing larger than a t’aark today, and spread the word amongst the runners to look for a large intelligent — cricket — and bring it here. Lure it with a hydrospanner if need be.”

The servant turned, and Phalomir caught his arm.

"And send for the City Warden, I wish to know if the Dark Lady has charged him with ascertaining both the damage to the city and the cause of the quake." The servant nodded and then dashed off. Phalomir leaned back.

“While he wait,” he said. “I will be happy to answer any other questions you have. And please, eat to your fill. The food should be to your liking, it is well received by other humans who visit us. Speaking of, you say you are friends, or employees, of Terrin Danner? I am remembering when I first met Terrin, and I am willing to bet you were rather surprised to hear that was – um, still alive.”

[ 01-23-2007 11:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.130.90.219
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 01-23-2007 11:20 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Verpine continued his perambulations through the bowels of the Temple, occasionally poking a curious appendage into a mass of mossy growth here, or turning even more curious eyes upon a creature scurrying there. As he moved along the light grew dimmer and dimmer, for the wall sconces were placed farther and farther apart, and in some cases had burnt themselves down to nubbins. As the gloom grew ever more dark, he was wondering if he shouldn't turn round and go back the way he had come when he heard sounds of some sort of altercation echoing from somewhere up ahead. This was soon followed by a raucous clang, as if some kind of heavy door had been slammed closed; this in turn was followed by the sounds of marching footsteps, sounds growing louder and louder as they seemed to be approaching him.

He turned his eyes all about himself, then spotted a darkened doorway. Hurrying therein, he sequestered himself in the gloom, standing tall and dark and utterly silent as a small retinue of Sith guards marched past, muttering to themselves, their hands full of something they seemed to be divvying up amongst themselves.

It looked to be Mandalorian armor.

If the Verpine could raise a brow at that, he would have; instead he merely waited until the sounds of the guards had disappeared back the way he had come from and then ventured carefully forth. He didn't have to wonder where said Mandalorian armor had come from, for now coming from somewhere ahead of him there came a series of loud thumps, joined by muffled shouts.

Hurrying along, he came to a particularly noisome door, one in which a small barred window allowed him to peer inside. A nanosecond later, he found himself on the other side of the corridor, his stifled yelp of surprise clutched in his thorax.

A vividly blue eye had peered out at him...

Cautiously, he approached the window once again.

"Er, can I help you, Sir?" he offerred simply, wondering if he should be speaking to one who was so obvious a prisoner.

But he was, after all, a Verpine; and the Verpine are a most curious race...

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 01-23-2007 11:40 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Back in the simple days when I was nothing but a simple bounty hunter, the length and depth of my ice-cold rage was a well-known fact. I take much pride in that in preceding me if oftentimes greatly eased my troubles in bringing this ruffian or that rapscallion to someone else's form of justice:

Nothing broke it. Ever.

Except for now...

I froze in mid-tirade, fist lifted, eyes wide, mouth agape, glacial anger coiled like a knot of liquid nitrogen in my chest.

"K-kihl?" I whispered, barely able to choke out the name for the tension and the pain that filled my body. Then a dam within me broke loose.

"K'KIHL!! Ol' buddy, it's me, it's Sorben, get me out of here, pal!"

I began pounding on the door, unaccustomed tears springing contrarily to my eyes, blurring my vision; my hands filled with splinters even as my heart rushed up from the depths of darkness, now filled with sudden and quite unexpected hope.

Then I remembered something of why I had been placed here; pressing my body against the wooden door, I now whispered softly, so that the Verpine had to hunker quite close on the opposite side.

"Be careful K'kihl; take a care as who you trust here. She, that blasted sister of Galen, that Jharmeen, that bitch whose been hanging here all high and mighty with these Sith... she's done something buddy; I don't know what, but she's got that damned power and she used it against us, I don't know what she did but my comm-link was blinking, and Landarian knew this mission was of the utmost secrecy yet the comm was blinking--"

I broke off with that, suddenly aware that I was rambling. Wiping sweat from my face, I forced myself to calm down.

"See what you can do, K'kihl, to get me out of here. But be careful of these people; they seem to be obeying her, and while I'm not positive, I think she just committed an all-out act of war against the Empire."

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 01-24-2007 12:03 AM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Verpine stood frozen in utter shock. Then that shock forced itself deeper into his being... and released a flood of recent memories from the amnesia that had dammed them. He remembered the trek through the Realms of Horror, of being pushed through the Portal by Thoran, of slamming into a wall...

And then the very universe had exploded, or so it had seemed...

His thoughts flew farther back, years back, back to the time he and Sorben had gone about, before there was an Empire that the bounty hunter could rise within, back to the time when it was just the two of them and the little gal Galen, who was at first so heatedly seeking her sister, and then so desperately fleeing from her.

How well he recalled the powers she had used upon occasion against them. And now-- against the Empire??

The Empire...

If he had been capable of frowning at that moment, he would have. Instead he remained quiet, chitinous head cocked, mandibles working silently as he perused yet more memories and from them sought to sift fact from fiction. Recalled what Yaoksi had told him of the explosion that had ripped through Devil on Sullust, and the chaos that had them erupted in its capital city, and how the Imperials had materialized but had indeed only seemed interested in reestablishing order from that chaos.

Thought back to all the whispered stories he had ever heard during his sojourn aboard Hornett about this system and that being blockaded... strained to recall when any citizen he could think of had ever come to any harm...

...and promptly came to a conclusion. Weight for weight, a simple blockade, a retention of citizens just wasn't as destructive as a blast that had knocked everyone willy-nilly, and to hear Sorben tell of it had reached even farther out than the Temple alone, to which he had thought the blast had been limited.

Sorben was right. There was something afoot.

Something terrible.

And at any rate he couldn't determine any logical reason why his old partner would now be held prisoner here.

He shook himself from his thoughts, clacked his mandibles.

"Okey day, Boss," he said amicably enough.

"I will do my best..."

With that he simply turned and began hastening back the way he had come, heading back to light and friends and possible enemies... but who? And why?

Why.

Aye, there was the true crux of the matter.

[ 01-24-2007 12:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by K'kihl ]

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 01-24-2007 03:27 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea was shocked and couldn't think which of the two men to argue with first, but the casual mention of Shayla's name by the strange man was enough to decide for her.

"I am a Jedi. We do not recognize those traitors as a part of us. It is death to become one and our sworn duty to kill any that we meet. We fight only in defense and only to insure the safety and freedom of the peoples of the galaxy. We do nothing to harm others - it would mean immediate explusion from the Order. I was expected to follow these rules at 6. They are the first lesson we learn and the one we must master before being given the priviledge of learning any other. I still carry the recording Master Cella made for me around my neck at all times. The Code is life and the Jedi are here to protect that life. That the evil ones have taken your name we did not know. All our history tells us is that a group detracted and came back years later calling themselves Sith, they then set about destroying the Galaxy. The Jedi were the only ones strong enough to defeat them and save the galaxy from destruction. The Order has long struggled to reform and strength themselves after the Purge during the reign of the Empire. It is Shayla who is what you fear. She was trained as a Jedi for many years then turn to the Dark Side after being captured by a Graysith. You follow the ones you claim to fear. And you call the ones who would free you to rule yourselves in the way you wish evil? It makes no sense."

Then she turned on Yaoksi, trying hard to calm her voice a little, "And I know what killed Cella - our minds were linked at the time. However, it is because of Shayla that she was in that place at that time. She was her Master, Shayla was her apprentice. She felt like a failure for losing her and went off again to try to win her back. If it weren't for Shayla she would have been with me and Jeroc and Logan and we would have been training. I don't know which of the three I would have been apprenticed to - or if it would have been someone else entirely, but those three had made up the bulk of my training at the time. Cella left and went on that mission because of Shayla, had she not turned Cella might still be alive."

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-24-2007 06:17 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't help but frown at Thea. Now, it's true that at this very moment I held little love or trust for anyone on this forsaken ball of dirt we now found ourselves trapped upon save for the ones who came here with me... and of a certain tall, horned and red-skinned individual I still had my doubts.

But the words spouting from this young gal's mouth were those I wouldn't want to hear coming from someone three times her age.

"Thea, honey," I said softly, putting an arm around her even while wondering how to put into words the thoughts that were racing around in my head.

"I'm surprised to hear you say this. I mean, it isn't sounding very Jedi-ish--"

I interrupted myself to glance quickly at the Sith Lord.

"You'll have to pardon my use of the term," I said to him, then went on.

"In fact, it sounds like you're out for revenge yourself.

"And another thing-- I think you need to be opening your mind up a little bit. For the wonderful thing about the universe is that nothing ever remains static; otherwise, nothing would ever grow. We seem to be having a problem with semantics here; if I were you I'd refrain from spouting off how the Jedi are coming to save the day, at least while you're on this planet, and take into consideration how these people have been reacting to that term."

I paused with that, unwilling to continue on and tell her that I didn't think there were any Jedi left anyway, saving of the universe be damned.

[ 01-24-2007 06:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-24-2007 06:48 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I continued to stare at the table, remarking about how dark and lonly my life was and how Thea seemed to walk the same path that I took.

"Thea, let it go."

I looked up from the table and stared face to face with Thea. My fur still wet with the tears of painful memories.

"Let it go, your master and friends where betrayed and killed, yes you where wronged and have every right to be angry and want revenge. But in the end what will you gain."

I took my hand and wiped away the tears from my face.

"You are fortunate, you are human not ryn. In this universe you can truely see it for all its beauty. Let those memories go forget them and mome on. If you don't you will end up like me. Alone... forgotten... unmissed... I can no longer see beauty in this universe but you can, don't let the past haunt you."

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-24-2007 07:20 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As incongruous as it might seem, considering our current situation, I couldn't let that statement go unanswered either. I shot the Dark Lord a quick look; seeing his face remaining expressionless bolstered the courage within me to speak on.

"You seem a bit young to be making those kind of statements, Link," I opened, drawing Thea a little closer against my side.

"Thea doesn't seem to be the only one here letting the past haunt her; why don't you give the universe-- and those who dwell within it-- another chance before condemning yourself to a life of loneliness.

"We're here for you after all, aren't we?"

Looking her square in the eye, I held out my other hand to Link.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05