my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Tears of the Rancor (Page 11)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Tears of the Rancor
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 09-09-2007 02:23 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran chewed his lower lip, staring at the door. After a moment he shrugged and looked at the girl.

“Well,” he said. “My plan was to jump through the Darker Realms, back into the cell, grab Sorben, and then back out here through the Darker Realms again. I got one problem, though, in that the nasties will be expecting me to do that and are waiting to tear me apart. I was kinda hoping to be able to open this lock, and I’ll give it a try. A key would help a lot, obviously, but I have a couple of tricks I could try. As a last resort, I’ll try the Darker Realms. I just realized that means nothing to you, and to explain it would take longer than we probably have, but let’s just say I have the power to open a gateway into Hell and back, sort of.”

Thoran started to say something else to explain away the look on RhoHalla’s face, then realized he had nothing to say that could possibly do that. So he instead sighed and turned his head towards the small hole in the door.

“Hey, Sorben, you still there? I’m going to try to get the door open, and if that fails I’ll resort to something else. You still with me on finding Phalomir and all?”

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 09-09-2007 02:51 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't help but jump, then growled a bit under my breath as Thoran's voice came into my ears, veritably out of the blue. After all, I'd been waiting on virtual pins and needles for something to happen, anything to happen, and everyone in the entire universe knows how slowly a pot boils. My own tension reflected my innermost feelings on the subject of assisting this guy; Hell's Seven Circles, as a certain redhead I know was so often wont to say, I'd be "with" him to go pick petunias on Dantooine if it would get me out of this blasted stone box.

Not to mention find my armor, if there is indeed a god in the known Universe...

"Yeah," I replied tersely, backing away from the door and tensing my body into the very semblance of the walls which imprisoned me. My senses flying back to my days of hunting, every cell alert for whatever might come at me from whatever direction, I crouched slightly and thus prepared waited to see if my unseen partner could and would follow through with his promise to free me.

[ 09-09-2007 02:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 09-09-2007 03:13 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran blew out a breath and stared at the lock on the door. It was a huge, ancient padlock that secured the door shut. The lock itself was made of Sith metal, infused with magicks that would make it nearly impossible to break. If that were the route, Thoran would have a better chance of freeing Sorben by breaking the door down. He laughed at this, for Thoran was certainly not strong enough for that. Panthar possibly, maybe. Probably not…

Thoran lifted the lock and felt its weight. It did not move far, for part of its efficacy was that it allowed little if any movement of the door when secured. Sighing again, he wished he could reach deep inside for some magick, but all he had within him was his strange ability to manipulate spirits, and the dark portal opening afforded him during his service to the Master. Thoran was no sorcerer, and he was not a warrior. In fact, he was simply a thief from a time long before anyone even knew or cared about such things as the Empire, or the All. But he had worked with those who could do great things, and he learned from them.

Thoran licked the claw on his finger, ready to apply his skills to the task. He inserted his claw into the lock and felt around inside. He put his ear to the side of the lock as he moved his claw in the slightest here and there, feeling for the mechanism. After a moment he withdrew in frustration.

“For such a large lock it certainly has small parts. It must be part of the spell placed upon it, damn the Armorers anyway. I need something smaller… do you have a hairpin, or something along those lines?”

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-23-2007 12:43 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I let a sigh of disgust escape me at that, for every word spoken between the two outside came crystal clear through the tiny barred window high up on the door.

A hairpin??? My rescue depended upon a hairpin???

A growl began rumbling in my chest.

"Look, pal," I spoke up suddenly as I pressed myself against the stone next to the door. A bit of old dirt and grime sloughed off on me; turning my head slightly, I perused it in a new light.

"Look pal," I began again. "Maybe you can try something else, like forcing this door somehow. I mean, wood doesn't grow out of rock unless it's in the form of a tree, and this--"

I rapped my knuckles against the ancient wood.

"--sure as hell doesn't look green and leafy to me. Why don't you see if you can dig out the hinges; this stone looks old and damp, and old and damp stone isn't as strong as stone that is dry.

"Or maybe if you could locate where they stashed my armor, you could use my rocket blasters to punch through. But seriously, my friend, if you don't mind, I don't think a hairpin is going to do you any good. If these Armorers, as you call them, have placed some kind of spell on this lock to keep it from being forced, it sounds like the only thing that's going to open it is a key."

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 09-23-2007 06:37 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran exhaled sharply, dropped the lock, and stepped up to the small window in the door.

“Look,” he said, “I was just trying to figure out a way to do this quickly without resorting to what I really don’t want to do. But maybe it would be just as easy to do this anyway. I’m going to open a --”

Thoran paused, trying to find a way to explain what he was about to do without sounding like a complete fool.

“Ok, well, I’m going to open a portal into another dimension…”

That wasn’t the way.

“All right, look, I know that sounds crazy but you have to believe me. When you see a slit appear in your cell, like a tear in the very fabric of existence, then run through really quick. And I mean quick, because I don’t want to hold it open any longer than I have to. I’ll be waiting on the other side, and once you get through I’ll open another door back to this spot. Then we both run through it as fast as we can and I shut it.”

He stepped back down and looked at RhoHalla.

“You probably think I’m nuts, but I am a, um, wizard. Of sorts. But what I am about to do is very risky and could be dangerous. If anything but me or that guy on the other side of this door comes through there, run as fast as you can for the nearest warrior and tell them the demons are back. I’m going to pick a different location this time, since they’re probably waiting for me in the caves… oh, never mind, you don’t know what I’m talking about.”

Without waiting for questions, and without waiting for his courage to give way, he turned away from RhoHalla and slit the air with his finger. A small crack in existence formed before him, shimmering along the edges and then opening like an elongated tear in a wind-blown sheet. He took a deep breath and stepped quickly through.

Thoran glanced around quickly at the desolate black landscape. There were no demons in the immediate vicinity, but he could hear the sickening chattering and howling in the not-to-distant distance. Dark shadows moved across the horizon, and he turned his eyes away to close the portal. He wished he could keep two portals open at once, but it was beyond his ability. In fact, just opening one took a great deal of energy. His ability to move in and out of the Darker Realms was granted to him by the virtue of his servitude to the Master, and now that the bond had been severed he could feel that power fading. But there was still something within that connected him to this land, and this also concerned him.

He turned his body and raised his hand to open the portal back to Sorben’s cell. He hesitated, seeing the Black Tower in all of its ominous glory. He had guessed correctly that there would be very few demons in this locale, but the sight of this monstrous construction made him shiver. He followed the dark skull shaped walls upwards and inhaled the rank air deeply. A figure moved in the shadows behind one of the huge empty eye sockets. Thoran let his hand fall to slice the air once more. A shimmering tear appeared before him, leading into Tarnus’s cell. As it widened he could see the human standing on the other side, eyes wide.

“Hurry!” he hissed.

(((Thoran jumps to Siege of a Soul in this forum)))

[ 09-30-2007 02:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Thoran ]

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 159.182.1.4
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-24-2007 12:50 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Even though I had some kind of an idea as what to expect, I still couldn't help my instinctive reaction when a black slit appeared from thin air, from which Thoran's voice called out low but clear. For a moment I paused, trying to remember why this seemed so familiar to me, for while I had former experience in traveling through these weird Portals, I had been unconscious the one and only time I actually had.

Then I shrugged; it was of no importance, at least not at the moment. Fisting my hands and wishing to all the known universe that I at least had my protective helmet and a blaster with me, I drew in a deep breath and quickly stepped through the rip...

((OOC: Sorben Tarnus departs for Siege of a Soul in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

[ 09-30-2007 02:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-30-2007 02:57 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Graysith steps in via a Portal from Silence of the Lambs in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

The Dark Lady of the Sith appeared as if by more than mere magick, coming across the mysteries of all that is from one Sith temple into the next. Taking in a breath, she cast a glance about herself to get her bearings.

The corridor she found herself in was like any other, and although was indeed one she had entered at some distant time, was not necessarily the one holding the tiny cells which in turn held the prisoners they were seeking. The dank mosses which slimed the dim stones here were more than capable of telling those inherently magickal who was present, or who had traversed these crumbling halls; however she wasn't Sith, and therefore not magickal.

For indeed were the All and Sith magicks separated, and by a distance far greater than all the abyssal gulfs of Creation.

While she waited for Phalomir to arrive -- for surely he would be able to determine the exact location of Thoran's cell, if not that of Sorben Tarnus, she busied herself in going from cell to cell, stretching up on her tiptoes to call softly up toward the tiny barred window each door dangled high above her head, hoping to contact anyone who might be held inside.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 09-30-2007 03:31 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((Phalomir enters from Silence of the Lambs in this forum.)))

Phalomir entered the corridor through the portal.

“I am here, my lady,” he said. Looking around, he saw Jharmeen several doors down, peeking through the tiny holes in the doors.

“Hold, my lady, let us find where our friends are held.”

Phalomir held his hand to the moss on the wall next to him. Calling out with the sense of his magick, and using the authority of the Dark Lord, he connected with the ancient life that was affixed to the walls of the corridor and cells alike. This moss was an ancient presence in the dungeons of all of the Temples, and even in Phalomir’s original time they had aided the Dark Lords and jailors.

“They are both in the same block, across from each other,” he said to Jharmeen, who had returned. “Down that way, just to—wait…”

Phalomir listened to the empty air, taking in the information from the moss. His eyes darted back and forth, then jerked to Jharmeen.

“They are gone!” he exclaimed. “Aided by another, who still waits. Quickly, this way!”

Phalomir pointed down the corridor, then began walking quickly, hoping Jharmeen would follow.

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-30-2007 03:39 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Dark Lady immediately set off after the swiftly striding Dark Lord, having to trot with inelegant haste in order to at first catch, and then simply keep up with him. As she moved quickly along, she frowned, not liking the words he had spoken.

"How could they have gotten out of the cells?" she wondered aloud, gasping a bit breathlessly.

"And indeed, if the one who waits is the one who assisted them, why does he yet remain? It makes no sense..."

She shook her head in perplexity; then knowing the answers to her questions might soon be answered she ceased speaking, devoting all her energy to keeping pace with Lord Phalomir, who by now had quickened his pace to a fast trot as well.

It was all she could do to remain by his side.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-30-2007 10:00 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir turned his head aside to see Jharmeen trying to keep up. He slowed his pace to a more comfortable rate, and continued on. After a short time they came to a T-intersection, and Phalomir pointed to the right.

“There,” he whispered. “It makes no sense, but beyond the door at the end of this short hallway is our empty cells and the person who waits. The door seems to be slightly open, let me go first.”

Phalomir walked slowly to door, looked back to Jharmeen and nodded, then turned and pushed the door open further, stepping quickly through.

The room seemed to fill with his presence, but his stern expression turned to surprise, matching that of the young Sith girl who stopped abruptly from her nervous pacing.

“Wha--” he began. “Who are you, and what are you doing here?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-30-2007 10:40 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Rykounagin enters from 'Silence of the Lambs' in this forum, thankyou.)))

I entered the passage silently, glancing about for a moment as the respective 'lord and lady' moved ahead. I silently ghosted behind them, casting a passive magic shield around me that would dampen mundane senses attempts to detect me, my appearance seeming now translucent; ghostlike.

I followed them, knowing that any comments would be unappriciated by present company, and did not even make suggestions as to how our supposed contacts had gotten out of their cells.

As for the sith girl? Well, the previous policy would stand for now.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.214.141
RhoHalla

Member # 934

posted 10-01-2007 12:35 PM     Profile for RhoHalla   Author's Homepage   Email RhoHalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The serving girl whirled about at the sound of approaching footsteps, a smile lighting her features. But that smile evaporated into surprise when she beheld a far different Sith than the one she was expecting to see. It turned into downright fear-tinged shock when behind him there came the completely unexpected form of the Dark Lady of the Warriors, who was in turn trailed by yet another unknown personage.

She fell to the cold stone of the corridor floor, not daring to look at anything but the dirt directly beneath her nose.

"M-m'Lord, Lady..." she whispered into the grouting, all the while beginning to seethe inwardly.

Where was Freedon? Why had he seemed to have abandoned her? For if ever there was a moment where she needed his advice, or at the very least the comfort of his presence, it was now.

[ 10-01-2007 12:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by RhoHalla ]

Posts: 55 | From: Phrinnchatka | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-02-2007 10:49 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stared at the prone girl before them, and looked around at the rest of the empty corridor.

"You do not belong here," he said. "But answer our questions truthfully and totally and perhaps the Dark Lady shall show mercy."

Phalomir glanced at Jharmeen, lingered for a moment, then looked down at the girl.

"Or perhaps not, but it is best not to test her. Who are you, and why are you in this hall?"

[ 10-02-2007 11:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.131.224.68
RhoHalla

Member # 934

posted 10-02-2007 11:19 PM     Profile for RhoHalla   Author's Homepage   Email RhoHalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
RhoHalla stared down at the grimy stone beneath her nose, her mind whirling. At length an idea struck her, and it was one not too far from the truth.

At least not in her humble opinion.

"There was one I had befriended whom I had heard was imprisoned, m'Lord," she replied, still not daring to lift her face.

"I had come to lend the comfort of a familiar voice. It would seem the news I was going by was false, though, for my friend is not here.

"No one appears to be here, m'Lord," she finally finished, and fell silent.

[ 10-02-2007 11:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by RhoHalla ]

Posts: 55 | From: Phrinnchatka | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-03-2007 07:49 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I raised an eyebrow inwardly, less at her story and more at Phalomir's rather tactful lack of mention of my presence. I was also slightly surprised he didn't threaten her with me, considering fear was usually hightened by the presence of 'terrorists'.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.215.197
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-03-2007 08:53 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir gave the girl an incredulous look, then puffed a breath into the damp air and turned to Jharmeen. His attention was caught by a magical essence nearby, and he gave the slightly distorted air a stern look before turning back to Jharmeen.

“This girl is not telling us the entire truth,” he said flatly, flicking his eyes towards the space occupied by Rykounagin, then back again. “My – sources – said she aided Thoran. He probably made his way out with a portal, taking Tarnus with him, but this girl’s involvement is a mystery. This is your clan, my lady, and your servant.”

Phalomir stepped aside to view Jharmeen full view of the girl, then walked four more steps to the space occupied by Rykounagin. He stopped and folded his arms, staring at the ghostly shape before him, one eyebrow raised. He sighed and lifted a finger to his lips, requesting Rykounagin be silent for the moment.

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.164.158.68
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-03-2007 09:20 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Th Dark Lady cast a quick glance toward Phalomir, debating whether or not she should ask him to elaborate on his said "sources." After a moment, though, she decided it more prudent to continue along the course he had set down; where he got his information from was something this serving girl did not need to know.

She strode over to the prone girl, and knelt down in front of her. One slim hand reached out, grasped the girl by the chin, and yanked her face up from the floor.

Violet eyes bored into rose-colored ones, watched as a flare of something approaching a bid for independence ignited briefly, then died. She only gripped RhoHalla's chin more tightly.

"We know you have aided these two in gaining their freedom, for no one has ever before managed to escape from these cells. What is done is done, and shall be dealt with; it shall go much easier for you if you tell us where the pair has gone from here."

She fell silent, her grip growing tighter yet, allowing RhoHalla no relief from the steady yet somehow dangerous look she was sending her way.

[ 10-03-2007 09:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
RhoHalla

Member # 934

posted 10-03-2007 09:29 PM     Profile for RhoHalla   Author's Homepage   Email RhoHalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The serving girl trembled, every last heady rush she had felt in doing something, in acting out evaporating like mist before the intensity of the stare she was receiving. For without Freedon's comforting presence, her budding sense of self-importance found nothing further to nurture it; she fell back into servant mode like a stone dropped into a dismal and algae-laden pond.

"I-- I--" she stammered, striving with all her might to keep from bursting into tears. The hand remained inexorably wrapped about her chin, the eyes continued to bore into her own.

"I do not know!" she finally gulped, unable to hold back the flood of shock and terror at her own actions, the sudden discovery that she had had the temerity to do what she had done, to act against the system.

And thus to get caught like a womprat in a trap.

"He said he needed me to lead him back to the cells, and then he could release the other person, something about a portal and some kind of dark place-- they were to come back here, but so far they haven't, and it's been so long--"

She could go no further, but dissolved into silent hiccups and gulps, still trying to keep from utterly falling apart yet quite certain she was failing miserably in the attempt not to do so.

[ 10-03-2007 09:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by RhoHalla ]

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-03-2007 09:35 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith said nothing, but merely cut a look toward Phalomir, still kneeling on the cold stones in the underbelly of the Temple, still holding RhoHalla's chin in her hand.

Then she opened her fingers, releasing the girl, who promptly tried to disappear into the stone upon which she lay. The Dark lady rose to her feet then, and stood a moment staring down at the prone form before turning to Phalomir.

"Well?" she asked simply.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-03-2007 09:41 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I quietly nodded, not even caring if Phalomir could see the gesture through my translucent shape. I admit, I could see the merit in keeping me as a ghost for now, though I did absorb the information on the escapees hungrily.

After all, it wasn't every day information on one's possible allies or adversaries was given so openly. Beside that, I watched the interogation, half enjoying the terror the simple presence the lord and lady had that was cast upon the girl.

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.215.197
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-03-2007 09:45 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir turned to Jharmeen, and walked back to her. He looked down at the trembling girl and moved his lower jaw back and forth slowly.

“A portal to a dark place?” he asked. He glanced back to Jharmeen, his face growing grim. “If he indeed has lost his connection to the Darker Realms, he could be trapped there.”

Phalomir turned his head back to the girl.

“How long ago did he leave? And describe how he left.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.164.158.68
RhoHalla

Member # 934

posted 10-03-2007 10:18 PM     Profile for RhoHalla   Author's Homepage   Email RhoHalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
RhoHalla remained prone, but dared to stick an arm up and out to the side.

"He tore the air," she stumbled, clenching her hand save for her pointer finger. The delicate claw upon its tip raked upon nothing as she moved her hand up and down a little, trying to explain.

"I-- I do not know how long it has been, but I do know it has been longer than it took me to lead him here from the Dining Hall, where we met. He should have been here by now, he said they would come back..."

She trailed into sobbing silence, crying inwardly to herself for the fact that she had been deceived now not by merely one, but by two she thought she could trust...

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-03-2007 10:52 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir looked at Jharmeen, concern showing on his face.

“We have no way of knowing where in the Darker Realms he went,” he said. “And I know we dare not blindly stumble into that realm ourselves. Perhaps the library, or the Octahedron could tells us where they are, and if they still live.”

Phalomir then noticed the sounds of sobbing coming from the girl. He looked down at her, sighing.

“Thoran is, as of late, true to his word. He was placed in here by mistake, and is not a criminal. If he said he would return, and has not, then something must have – delayed – him. But…”

He turned his head back to Jharmeen, and continued. “We do know that he was able to open a portal, thus he still had his connection. I don’t see why that connection would be cut on the other side. Perhaps something else is preventing him from returning? I believe we really do need to consult a scrying device.”

Phalomir glanced at the area where Rykounagin stood.

"And send our escort back," he added.

[ 10-03-2007 10:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-04-2007 01:19 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Dark Lady of the Warriors nodded mutely, returning her focus to the sobbing girl who groveled at their feet. For a long and quiet moment she tried, as taught to her by Lord Aelvedaar, to look at the Bigger Picture, to consider all actions she could now take against the servant, along with all possible ramifications.

Finally she spoke.

"You have been honest with us, girl," she said, keeping her voice steady but allowing just the slightest tinge of sternness to creep into it.

"As in reality both who are missing were imprisoned falsely, and are now freed, there has technically been no crime committed by you other than in thought. I believe you can come to your own conclusions through your own thought; you may now return to your duties. Remember all that has transpired here."

She paused as RhoHalla climbed to her feet, bowed low to them both, and then fled. When she was certain the serving girl was beyond hearing them, she turned back to Phalomir.

"This we can easily discover with the use of the Crystal Octahedron. I feel this not only the fastest method in finding their location but the safest one as well, rather then going to the Great Library where none are expecting us and too many tongues might wag.

"Although, as Dark Lady, I do have the freedom to go where I wish on this world."

She smiled slightly, then raised a hand, prepartory to opening a portal back to where they had come from.

"Have you any objections, or reasons leading you to believe why using the Great Library would be more to our advantage in locating Thoran and General Tarnus?"

[ 10-04-2007 01:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 10-05-2007 09:24 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“None, my lady,” said Thoran. “And I did promise everyone we would be back soon, so let us carry out that part of the plan. If Thoran cannot effect an escape from the Darker Realms, we will need a swift plan of action to rescue the two of them.”

Phalomir looked at the raised hand of the Dark Lady, and lifted an eyebrow.

“I do have one suggestion, though,” he said, half smiling. “Unless you closed the portal we used to arrive here, we should return using that one rather than open another, should we not?”

[ 10-07-2007 12:59 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05