my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Middlespace, Thirdspace (Page 9)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Middlespace, Thirdspace
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 04-02-2007 10:29 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron quietly worked his way through the jungle, following what appeared to be a fresh trailed made by some large feet...

...and some more human-sized ones. Therefore he too nearly jumped out of his skin when his commlink chirped for attention.

Quickly he acceped what was incoming, and listened to the message, frowning darkly to himself. "Well, what if Stargazer was telling the truth about sensing Phalomir elsewhere?" Aaron asked under his breath. "You'd think there would be at least some evidence..."

He trailed, not wanting to follow that final statement to its conclusion. Then he got moving once more, not having to work his way through much more jungle until he approached enough of a clearing to see a small little hut...

...and a very frozen Cel looking dead into the eyes of a rather intent tuk'ata. Aaron swallowed, hard. Couldn't believe the thing was just standing over her like that.

Made a decision...

....and whistled out into the jungle air, hoping to let Cel know she wasn't alone...

...and to distract. He gripped his blaser hard, feeling quite suddenly that it was the only lifeline any of them had.

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Md'diffnnd

Member # 519

posted 04-02-2007 11:21 PM     Profile for Md'diffnnd   Author's Homepage   Email Md'diffnnd     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Md'diffnnd sat and watched the small furry animal that fell from the trees. He could sense intelligence, and recalled it was with the humans. A companion animal. A small companion animal, again hardly worth the effort of chewing, but he would not harm the pet of the Dark Lord at any rate. He leaned in slightly to sniff, to remember the scent, and breathed deeply of the strange animal.

To observers, he would be hovering. To Md'diffnnd, he was far away. But to Cel, the tuk’ata may as well have been licking her fur.

Md'diffnnd heard the crash of feet down the trail, and leaned his head towards the sound. One close, another behind, and two more approaching. He could easily accommodate all upon his back, but only one human need see the stone man. And that human was now emerging from the hut.

The tuk’ata turned its head to peer at Yaoksi as he walked out of the dark hut, blinded momentarily by the light. Md'diffnnd snorted and lowered its back so Yaoksi could climb aboard. It quickly sought the mind of the human, finding it as it had found Panthar, and secretly priding itself in its ability to reach such an alien conscience.

Human seeing stone man, now knowing what must be knowing, he sent. Questions many, human have. Md'diffnnd take human to Dark Lord. Him too seeking answers, him too take I. Climb, human, climb, I carry.

Posts: 19 | From: | Registered: Nov 2003  |  Logged: 172.144.127.249
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 04-02-2007 11:34 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stumbled back against the stones of the doorway, partly from the light now blazing into my eyes--

It had been DARK down there, after all, and the glow-stick really hadn't been much of one, a cut-rate variety, I should remember to lay into the huckster that sold the lot of 'em to me...

--but primarily from the words that slipped from nowhere into my brain, pushing aside my mental grumbling like the nonsense it really was.

Climb, human... climb?

I blinked and squinted, lifted the back of the hand that was holding the glow-stick up to my forehead as I peered about in response to that mysterious thought. Then scrambled backward as fast as I could as the green splotches left my vision to reveal a tostada, an entirely too large tostada, a MONSTROUSLY HUGE tostada apparently licking its chops scant meters in front of me.

I half fell against the stone wall, narrowly missing the open door and spiralling steps, and from that precarious position fumbled with the blaster, which had half-dropped from my suddenly nerveless hand.

"Stay back!" I shouted reflexively as the realization dawned upon me that I'd need both hands to stabilize my grip before I could even think of blasting the thing. By then I'd be bits and pieces, no doubt; my blood iced further when I thought I heard it growl.

Then I realized the growl wasn't a growl, it was a purr, well, sort of a purr, and it was worming its way not into my ears but directly into my head, bringing those utterly impossible words along with it.

Climb, human. Climb...

"C-climb?" I whispered stupidly, yet slowly beginning to lower the blaster as further waves of apparent warmth and cuddles came wafting over me.

"Wh-what do you mean, climb?"

Utterly shocked by this unexpected event, I didn't even hear the low warbling of a whistle that announced itself from somewhere close by.

[ 04-02-2007 11:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Md'diffnnd

Member # 519

posted 04-02-2007 11:45 PM     Profile for Md'diffnnd   Author's Homepage   Email Md'diffnnd     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Md'diffnnd felt the confusion, and fear from the human. It tried to compensate by sending out more feelings of warmth and safety. This was sometimes done as a hunting trick, a general pouring out of warm feelings to prey, but only by lazy old tuk’ata who should have long ago gone their way down the dark road.

But these feelings were meant to put the human at ease.

Seeing stone man did human. Seeing riddle did human. Now seeking answers am human. Quick, quick! Answers in Temple, Dark Lord in Temple. Take him, take him did I. Take human, will I. Climbing is human, climbing on back. Holding tight is human, running fast is I. Fast to Temple, fast to Dark Lord. Fast to answers. Fast, before am hereshe, before seeing stone man is she. Now, climbing! On back!

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 04-03-2007 12:00 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gradually it began to dawn on me that the animal wasn't going to shred me to bits. In fact, as this realization sunk into my frozen brain, it likewise struck me that the feelings and words I was experiencing were emanating from the gigantic creature.

I blinked, gulped, now letting the blaster slip through my fingers altogether.

"Y-you want me to climb on your back because I saw the stone guy down there, and you're going to take me to a-- a Dark Lord?"

I worked my jaw a bit after that; it all seemed entirely too far-fetched for belief. But then, so did the concept of a thirteen foot long lizard-cat combo crouching in front of me, waiting to be my own personal taxi.

A light went off over my head.

"Do you mean Phalomir?" I asked, now intrigued in spite of myself.

--------------------

Md'diffnnd

Member # 519

posted 04-03-2007 12:08 AM     Profile for Md'diffnnd   Author's Homepage   Email Md'diffnnd     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir, yessssss. Dark Lord he is. Climb, human, SHE comes! To Temple, to place of answers, place of secrets. Stone man holds riddle, seeking answers am you.

The tuk’ata crouched even more, arching its back downward to allow Yaoksi an easy jump to the top.

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 04-03-2007 12:17 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Incredible.

I let my jaw drop, hang open a moment, then closed it with a decisive snap. What the hey; no reason not to believe the animal now, was there? For indeed by this time not only could I have been sliced and diced into handily bite-sized bits, but probably digested and passed on out to fertilize the soil; kitty here wasn't doing anything but its utmost to make me feel better.

I eyed it's looming back, gathered up my blaster, then raised my comm to my lips.

"Aaron, Yaoksi here. Listen, uhh-- Phal's ok. He sent-- a friend to take me to him; no need for everyone to troop along, things look like they'll be ok."

I paused a moment, trying to put into words something the tuk'ata had said without giving away the supposed secret of the stone man. For sure as planets spin around their suns, ol Beastie-Boy here didn't want she, that is her to see it; one could only preclude that meant others as well.

And it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who she was, either.

"Look, I'm ok, Phal's ok. Get everyone together, and get as far away from this path his Daddy made as you can. There's tuk'ata everywhere... they don't fall down before blaster fire, either," I lied, mentally crossing my fingers at that.

"Stay back, find Cel, take care of Thea and watch out for Blondie. I'll keep you informed on this end; I repeat: do NOT follow, but get as far away from this path as you can. I think Phal's daddy opened it up so we'd all end up as dinner for the wildlife here.

"Yaoksi, out."

I snapped the comm closed, then cocked my head to regard the crouching animal.

"Ok, Rover, it's up to you now... I suppose."

Drawing in a fortifying breath, for the thing was ENORMOUS, I took a little run and leapt atop its immense, broad back. It immediately rose up from the crouch, casting its head about a moment.

"Ready when you are, engage thrusters," I whispered and dug in with both hands and knees, getting as tight a grip as I possibly could upon the sleek hide of the gigantic beast.

[ 04-03-2007 12:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Md'diffnnd

Member # 519

posted 04-03-2007 12:27 AM     Profile for Md'diffnnd   Author's Homepage   Email Md'diffnnd     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Md'diffnnd adjusted to the weight on his back, and with a satisfied snarl that he inadvertently sent towards the flabbergasted Cel, he bounded with great speed from the hut and into the jungle.

A few seconds later, while the tuk’ata and its rider were speeding towards the Temple, a separate snarl came from the woods nearby, as if in response, and a pair of bright eyes peered from the darkness at the small white furry morsel still standing in awe near the hut.

But these eyes were not as friendly as the pair that had stared at her just moments before, and hunger had brought this beast beyond its usual hunting grounds and into the realm of another huntpack. That same hunger now brought the tuk'ata forward too far from its cover, where it could be seen by an observer as it crouched, waiting for the right time to strike at its furry snack.

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 04-03-2007 10:51 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't move, the entire time Yaoksi was talking I couldn't move. All I did was listen to his words but their meaning did not hit all I saw was the tuk'ata. But then it and Yaoksi left. At first it didn't register why would it take Yaoksi, and better yet why would Yaoksi go with it? My question where cut short by the reappearance of the tuk'ata.

No... this one was different. The other one didn't act aggressive it just look like it would. This one was definetly intending to harm me. I had no place to run it would most certainly catch me. Almost unconsciously my trembling body stilled and every muscle tensed as if to pounce, my tail extended straight up and back with the fur on it rising outward making appear to double in size. Readjusting the grip on my vibroblade it changed from a defensive stance to one of someone ready to attack.

It probable wouldn't understand what I was about to say but like most animals it would be able to sense the intent.

"Am I really worth it... Would you risk it for such a small reward?."

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 04-04-2007 10:14 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron didn't know if he had many options, particularly if, as Yaoksi had stated, blaster fire did little to deter the creatures. The tuk'ata was terribly close to Cel as well, which made shooting at it not the best of options anyway.

But if he could at least get the tuk'ata away from Cel...

Figuring he didn't have much time to plot anything sophisticated out, Aaron did the one thing that was instinctive and easiest. Still gripping his blaster, Aaron pointed it upwards and squeezed the trigger several times. The tuk'ata, who had been staring at Cel intently until this point, raised its head to ascertain the source of the out of place sound...

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 04-04-2007 11:20 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The tuk’ata focused on Aaron, sensing the injury he had suffered earlier. It now had a choice: a small furry target or a larger, wounded one. The choice was easy and made in an instant. The tuk’ata flexed its hind legs and sprang at Aaron, letting out a ferocious snarl that would pin any target in its tracks.

With lightning speed the beast blasted through the clearing that stood between it and the wide-eyed Aaron. Hunger forced it into action, and brute strength sent it slicing through the air, claws extending like the razor-sharp sabers they were, preparing to rend the flesh of its long anticipated meal.

But in the next heartbeat, as the huge animal launched itself into the air for the death blow, another huge blurry shape blasted across the space before Aaron. It intercepted the tuk’ata and took it flying to the side of the clearing, where it rolled and quickly came back to its feet.

The new tuk’ata, ranking highly in the huntpack of Md'diffnnd and eager to defend their territory, did not wait for the invading tuk’ata to recover. With fangs and claws flying into action it leapt upon the stunned beast and attacked in a terrifying frenzy that would surely bring nightmares for many years to come to the witnesses. The stranger countered and tried to flee, but it could manage only a few yards before once again finding itself fighting for it’s life.

The fight moved further towards the trees, leaving nothing but a blood-streaked ground in the immediate clearing between Aaron and Link.

[ 04-04-2007 11:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by patternghost ]

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 172.146.176.53
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 04-04-2007 11:50 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Aaron took off down the path chasing after Yaoski and Link, the Verpine, ever-mindful of the burden in his arms and despite Aaron's invitation, remained behind. But it didn't take long for him to become very uncomfortable, standing virtually all alone in a whisper-filled forest on an unknown planet in a dimension far removed from all that he considered real.

Especially since still laying on the ground entirely too close to him were the vine-covered forms of the Master and the assassin.

He clacked his mandibles, worrying to himself. Yaoksi had, after all, entrusted the care of Thea directly to him; however, as he saw it, the parameters of the situation had altered into a quite different one, one he didn't like in the least. His mandibles clattered again and again as he considered the options laying open to him:

He could remain where he was as Yaoksi preferred.

He could take off down the path Yaoksi, then Link, and finally Aaron had taken.

He could follow the disappearing Shayla, whose footsteps he could yet hear quite clearly, for Verpines' hearing is rather acute.

It didn't take long to come to a decision. With a final clack, he hoisted Thea's limp body easily over one shoulder -- for Verpine, although deceptively frail in appearance, are ferociously strong, as are most insects and their brethren -- and set off down the path. As he moved along his shining eyes read the trampled trail before him, filled now with myriad prints.

Suddenly there came the sound of blaster fire. He didn't even pause but broke into a run, hastening down the path as fast as he could until finally up ahead he could see Aaron's shadowy form, blaster raised over his head. He wasn't certain, but he thought he saw a flash of white farther down the path... and as he came closer myriad snarls and yowls and the sound of thrashing about became discernable, as did the bright red splotch of blood.

Not to mention the two creatures straight from hell who were currently engaged in trying to rip each other to shreds.

He screeched to a halt behind Aaron, his mandibles chattering a mile a minute, wondering why the man was just standing there, why Link was just laying there, when an avenue of escape had presented itself. At least he could see it: there, up ahead, int he form of a little stone hut.

He tapped Aaron's shoulder with his free manipulatory appendage.

"Ummm... to hut running we must, if safe from creatures we are to be," he commented as casually as if he was giving him a recipe for a Boonta Eve martini.

"Follow me."

With that he hurried forward, scooped Link up in his free hand, and burdened now wiht both youngsters took off in the direction of the hut. He knew it was a gamble, but the two great beasts looked as if it was going to take more than some tiny bipeds to grab their attention; fading now off into the trees a bit, he paralleled the path, came up to the little clearing, rounded it and then entered it on the backside of the hut, using it as a shield. The continuing snarls and screeches comforted him with the knowledge that the tuk'ata were still at it; tiptoing now he slunk up to the hut, hugged it's wall and crept around to the frontside.

Before he could capture the attention of the beasts he darted inside, knowing they were too large to fit through the human-scaled door.

At least he hoped so...

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 04-05-2007 10:52 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The “local” tuk’ata, a bright green beast with yellow spots, finally reached an advantageous point on the would-be invader and scored a vicious strike. The other tuk’ata, a duller green, howled in pain and rage and fought ferociously to be free. It managed to work its way from under the jaws of the other and fled as fast as it could into the forest, bloody and gimp.

Not giving chase, the local tuk’ata let loose with a long victory cry that resounded through the woods. It threw its head back and wailed, and when it was through it stopped to lick its paws and attend to a nasty wound in its leg. It stopped suddenly, training its sights on the hut.

It stood and walked slowly to the hut, stopping at the opening and sticking its head inside. Face tentacles search inside for something to grab, or to touch, and the smell of the wild began to fill the top portion of the stairwell…

--

The other tuk’ata, hurt and humiliated, staggered quickly down the path made wider by the Master. It came to a crossing, where another path led in two directions. It took the direction that appeared wider, and padded along. As it ran, the pain in its leg grew worse and it knew it needed to find a place to hide and rest. Suddenly the leg gave way a rush of pain and the huge animal crashed through a bush and plopped on its belly on the edge of a small clearing. There it lay, exhausted.

Rolling it’s eyes, it caught sight of a figure in the distance, short and petite but with radiant golden fur that seemed to grow from its head. The tuk’ata came to realize it was another of the small two-legged things, but it was too fatigued to move. All it could do was lie and wait for its fate, so it did the only thing it could do in defense. It poured its energy into sending soothing telepathic signals to this other animal, and hoped it was intelligent enough to know it meant no harm at the moment.

[ 04-05-2007 11:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by patternghost ]

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 172.163.116.33
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 04-06-2007 01:36 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Verpine paused a moment, his waving antennae clearly picking up an untamed, musky scent that could only mean-- Well, whatever animal it was that appeared to have tracked them to this place, the fact that it had appeared to track them could only mean it was some kind of predator. In a way, he hoped it was one of the myriad tuk'ata this planet seemed to boast, for he was positive the immense size of the beast would prevent it from fitting down the spiralling stairs.

But if it was a younger speciman, or something altogether different...

He clattered his mandibles.

"Haste making must we," he announced, giving Thea's limp form a hoist as he continued down the stairs at an ever-increasing pace. From behind him came a slight snnkt, and he nearly leaped out of his carapace as his own shadow, oddly and obliquely lengthened, appeared on the walls in front of him. Then logic resumed it's course within his momentarily frozen thought processes; he would have smiled if he could in thanks at the unknown member who had ignited a glow-stick. His vision was acutely sharp, but even he had started having difficulties seeing the next step. Grateful to be able to quicken his pace, he did so, finally reaching the bottom of the stairway.

The sounds of footfalls, grumbles, along with another snnkt announced the fact that the others had joined him; it did not take them long to traverse the entirety of the little chamber they now found themselves in.

K'kihl sighed, lowered Thea to the ground, and turned to the others, the strange stone figure standing cold and silent at his back.

"Beasts up there, no discernable doorway here, trapped are we, what now?" he said, giving his mandibles another clatter for emphasis, his large unblinking eyes taking in the others in the little party one by one.

[ 04-06-2007 01:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-06-2007 01:44 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla came to a halt as the sense of a foreign entity within her mind interrupted her trace after Phalomir. Somewhat surprised by this, but sensing the familarity of the invasion, Shayla turned for a moment and regarded the wounded tuk'ata.

Realized that its desperate call, if answered, would hamper her quest for him who she was seeking.

This was not acceptable However...

The tuk'ata's injury was minor, and easily healed. And tracking Phalomir would prove much easier on a tuk'ata's back than on her own two feet. And much quicker.

Stepping up to the tuk'ata then, Shayla knelt and laid a hand on the wounded leg, stretching out then to connect with the semi-sentient lifeform.

Only in exchange for your assistance... she thought out towards it, knowing the tuk'ata would understand exactly what she meant.

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 04-06-2007 01:54 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The tuk’ata sensed something unusual about this being. His hunger still burned, but he made no move to injure the smaller animal. It was intelligent, and he could feel the power within her. It wanted a trade… her power for his assistance. Assistance?

Lost in another huntpack’s territory, wounded and hungry, he did not stand much of a chance. But with another, even as small as this, his chances improved. And if not, he could eat her.

The tuk’ata closed its eyes and relaxed, sending a signal to Shayla that it agreed.

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 04-06-2007 09:31 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron frowned, holding up his glowstick and circling the room, trying to ascertain a plausible answer to K'khil's question.

"Yaoksi commed and said to get as far away from here as possible, that tuk'ata were everywhere and this path might have been laid by the Master as a trap," Aaron opened with, sighing. "I've got a blaster and a glowstick, but not much else to protect us from anything waiting for us up there..."

He trailed, something registering. "But we aren't all stuck down here."

He reached down to his wristcomm, opened a frequency. "Yaoksi, it's Aaron. We have a problem here. In getting Cel safe, we ended up stuck down in some little hut, and something is waiting for us above. I'm gonna try to hold off whatever it is with my blaster, but I don't know how we're gonna get back out of here unless there is some other way."

Sending off the message at that, Aaron looked about the room they were in once more. "The only way out of here is back up those stairs," he admitted in defeat. "Sooner or later whatever is upstairs will have to give up."

...I hope, came the final mental addendum.

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 04-06-2007 09:51 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Verpine clattered his mandibles, the universal mannerism now being his equivalent of a sigh.

"Not good is this, the situation we are in," he admitted as he shifted Link in his other arm and shifted his weight. In doing so his chitinous elbow inadvertently pushed against the stone of the unfeeling statue, hitting it somewhere in the vicinity of its waist.

A chilling rumble echoed throughout the chamber then, and K'kihl nearly dropped his fragile burden in leaping away from the opening that appeared as if by magick in the floor just to his side. Landing lithely, Link still clasped firmly to himself, he whirled about to scrutinize the black rectangle, within which the top few steps of a stairway of unknown length beckoned.

His mandibles clattered yet again, and he lifted his shining eyes to Aaron.

"Apparently not as trapped as formerly did I think, are we," he commented with a definitive nod toward their unexpected reprieve from the series of growls now coming down to them from somewhere up above.

--------------------

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 04-06-2007 10:33 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron's eyes widened as he gazed towards the opening for a moment before direcing that gaze back to K'khil. "And I think that's our cue to get the kriffing hell out of here," Aaron added, nodding up towards the growling stairwell before picking up Thea and taking the lead down the stairway, holding his glowstick up in the other hand.

The stairway went straight down, for quite some time. Aaron could smell an almost musky smell to the place, as though it hadn't been opened in quite some time. But they finally reached the end of the stairway, coming to a large, rune-encrypted set of double doors.

Aaron's eyes widened further, and he couldn't keep himself from reaching out and touching them, tracing the strange symbols, wondering just what might lay beyond.

"Well, let's hope this thing opens," he said, lowering his hand to then push on one of the handles. The doors oiled open surprisngly smoothly, and the former musky smell filling Aaron's nostrils faded.

He took a few steps inside, hesitantly...

...and came to a surprised halt as his eyes fell on two strange looking floor controls. One of the two controls held a large, human-sized frozen block holding a Sith that looked liked Phalomir's twin.

The other control, strangely enough, was totally unoccupied.

[ 04-06-2007 10:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 04-06-2007 10:59 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Verpine came to a mandible-clattering halt in front of the frozen image of the Dark Lord. He stood in front of it a moment, cocking his head to one side as he scrutinized it carefully.

"The Lord Phalomir, is it?" he then queried, reaching out with his free manipulatory appendage to lightly touch the frozen block.

--------------------

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 04-06-2007 11:30 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron frowned as he considered the frozen block. He looked at the Sith body within, considering the rich robes on his person.
"Unless the Lord had a time to change his clothes," Aaron then commented aloud, indicating the rich robes. "But I don't know how else this could be. I've got a bad feeling about this."

He trailed then, looking around the room a little more. On one wall, there was a shelf filled with various odd gadgets Aaron didn't recognize. On another, a huge bookcase, completely full of books of every size, shape, and variety. And on the final wall, another large, rune-encrypted door.

"We could poke around here and see if we can figure out what is going on...

...or we could try that inviting looking door over there."

He paused again, his frown darkening further. "But what if that is our Phalomir?"

He paused. "And if it isn't, who exactly is it?"

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-12-2007 09:55 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nodding once, Shayla then closed her eyes, her hand still on the tuk'ata's wounded leg. She stretched out to her inborn talent for healing and her Force and All abilties, now connected with all that surrounded her as well as the tuk'ata.

The animals wounds began to heal...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Llarnalth

Broken Back Button

Member # 920

posted 04-15-2007 10:59 PM     Profile for Llarnalth   Author's Homepage   Email Llarnalth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The tuk’ata felt a rush of relief through its body, and the strength flooded back into its limbs. Instinct told it to stand and run, taking the small human morsel with it to eat in a safer location.

But something else, something stronger, told it to stay. That the thing before it was helping, and a deal had been struck. It stretched out with its mind, projecting its feelings. Within that other mind it touched warmth, and caring, and sensations that made it feel welcomed. But it sensed something else within that mind; dark, foreboding, sinister. It closed its mind to that part, it would allow only the warmth to touch it.

But it let the human know what it felt.

Lost, hungry. Outcast I. Hungry.

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Apr 2007  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-15-2007 11:45 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Though the air was still where the two bundles of vines lay, a silent hiss came from one of the bundles. The bundle appeared not to have moved at all, yet a thin black line had protruded from one end of the bundle and was slowly proceeding along its present course until it had crossed every fiber.

Even as the vines fell away, the black thing had vanished.

~ ~ ~

I lurched up suddenly, feeling the pressing confines that seemed to have aided my slumber fall away. I immediately spat out a mass of blood that had gathered in my mouth during my unconcious period, and realized how seriously the strain of the recent events had pushed me.

The injuries from the crash, plus the shockwave, plus that witch's attack had royally fragged my insides.

With a groan of pain, I crawled over to The Master, seeing that no one was near, and began to tear the vines that held him down and unconcious away. "Wake up..." I mumbled. "Wake up you stupid bastard..."

I pulled away the majority of the vines, and felt unconciousness rushing at me again. In a last feeble attempt, I drew my hand into a fist and struck him across the face.

"Wake up you stuuu..." I fell back, eyes looking at the sky before they closed, unconciousness taking me with the taste of blood.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.218.124.177
The Master

Member # 529

posted 04-16-2007 11:21 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The sting of Rykounagin’s blow stirred the Master to consciousness. He slowly turned his head to see the young man lying next to him, blood trickling from his mouth.

“Good lad,” he whispered. He inhaled deeply and allowed his body to regain feeling, and his mind pieced together the drama that led to this situation as he became aware of the tangled vines around him. An angry frown cut his expression and his eyes seemed to flash a bright red. In an instant the vines burst outward in a tangled mess of green and brown and the Master rolled to his feet.

He knelt next to Rykounagin and placed a hand on his forehead. Once again he reached inside the boy with his powers, seeking the damage and speeding the healing process. Within a few minutes Rykounagin’s body had set upon an expedited path to restoration. As Rykounagin’s eyes fluttered open, the Master held his finger to his lips.

“Shhh,” he said. “You are healing, but the damage will take some time to repair completely. I have pushed your body into a speed-healing, within a few hours you shall be your old nasty self once more.”

The Master stood and surveyed the surroundings.

“It appears we were attacked from behind,” he said. “Not to cast doubts upon our dear friend Shayla, but I would have to surmise she decided not to trust us. I can only hope she did not kill the others, or leave them to an even worse fate. We need to find them, or her…”

The Master turned his attention back to Rykounagin, his eyes narrow and focused.

“But when we meet her again, it shall not be pleasant,” he said flatly. “She is an agent of the Darkness, that power in the Darker Realms that has rebuilt the Tower. We saw Roan, imprisoned, didn’t we? That is her master, and the master of Graysith, and who knows who else. If they control the Sith, there is little hope for the rest of the galaxy. Killing Shayla will be difficult enough, but Graysith… Do you see now, lad, why we must possess the Finger of R’lous? The future begins here, with us.”

The Master, waiting for Rykounagin to regain enough strength to answer, looked out at the path he had widened. There were tracks.

“When you are able, we should follow the path. There are tracks, the others have gone this way.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.131.113.202

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05