my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Middlespace, Thirdspace (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Middlespace, Thirdspace
The Master

Member # 529

posted 03-21-2007 06:56 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master laughed as he watched the Shayla begin to walk, and the others follow. He stepped in line and walked merrily beside a nervous Rykounagin.

“No need to whisper,” he called back. “We’re all friends here, even though some of us are just a wee bit touched in the head, if you know what I mean.”

He turned his head back to Shayla, who walked a few paces in front of him. “I do not fear the Temple, nor should any of us. It is a sacred place, and well protected by the magicks of the Sith, and of this planet.”

The Master’s smile vanished as he walked.

“What does concern me, however, is why That Which Is would concern itself in the affairs of our realms so deeply. And why it would cry foul when I discovered the truth behind Lord Roan. You see, he is not--”

The sound of rustling in the tall brush to the left of Phalomir was followed immediately by the heart-stopping roar of death incarnate. The tuk’ata rushed at lightning speed, giving Phalomir time only to stare with white eyes as huge jaws clamped around his chest and a forest of tentacles protruding from a ferocious face held him in place. Its tail caught both Rykounagin and the Master in a sweeping motion and sent them flying backwards to the ground, stunned. The tuk’ata disappeared nearly as quickly as it appeared, carrying off Phalomir into the silent jungle at an unmatchable speed.

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 03-21-2007 07:21 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"RUN!" I screamed, unthinking, simply reacting to the sudden attack on our party. The motion as natural as breathing, I swept Thea up into my arms, took a step away, fates knew where I was going, just anywhere that wasn't here when my foot plunked down into something disturbingly familiar. Freezing on the spot I looked down, trembling with fear and nearly squishing the breath out of Thea when I realized I had stepped into a puddle of blood.

That brought a touch of reason back to me; drawing a shaky breath I only then realized I was gripping Thea in a death's hold. Trying to send her an assuring smile, one which more than likely looked like a grimace, I set her down gently, making sure she didn't sully herself with Phalomir's blood.

For of course it was his; whose else could it be?

Even though my heart was hammering hard enough to nearly burst from my chest, I managed to speak.

"What in all the known universe was that?!" I whispered to no one in particular, still holding Thea pressed close to my body.

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.203
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-21-2007 07:23 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I felt that agonizing wretch inside me again, as though the knot had been pulled through and further, and gasped, tasting blood. Did I fracture something? Came a quick voice in my head, which was quickly pushed away by something of trained instinct over human instinct.

Somewhere distantly I heard an echoing cry, somewhat of terror, but for now chose to ignore it.

I let my torso feel agony for one more moment before drawing a harsh and pained breath, placing my hands at my side and pushing myself up to kneeling, before, with practiced grace, steadied myself standing.

I looked at where Phalomir had been, looked around at everyone else for a moment, then looked to where the brush still trembled. Oh... had way to much experience with these things. But this time there isn't a warrior riding it. Free game.

I looked at Yaoski. "That was a Tuk'ata, unless I'm very much mistaken. Now calm down, we're going to go get him back."

I looked over to Cel and held my hand out. "Vibroblade, quickly, if you please."

[ 03-21-2007 07:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.145.252
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 03-21-2007 07:27 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The tuk’ata carried Phalomir through the dense jungle, its legs cutting through the well-known twists and traps of the forest floor. It held the Dark Lord firmly in its strong face tentacles, squeezing tight enough to prevent movement but not enough to crush. Its jaws remained clamped loosely around the Sith’s body.

At length the tuk’ata stopped before a mound of earth. It was overgrown with vines, covered in soil, but closer observation would betray the outline of an ancient stone hut. The tuk’ata dropped Phalomir onto a pile of leaves near an opening in the mound. Phalomir rolled to his back and pushed himself away as far as he could using his feet, until he struck the mound and stopped. He was covered in saliva, and he bled from light puncture wounds in his chest. He sat and stared at the tuk’ata, who sat down on its haunches and stared back.

Phalomir, wiping the goo from his face, studied the silent beast. Then he realized something.

“Md'diffnnd?” he asked.

The tuk’ata snorted and brought its front legs forward so it could lay on its belly. It stared at Phalomir intently, and at length a small pain persisted in a corner of Phalomir’s mind.

Dark Lord come home, he heard in his head. Dark Lord stay, Dark Lord now dead.

Phalomir merely sat there staring for a moment, not quite sure what the tuk'ata, his bound companion though the Lordship of the Armorers, had meant. Then he realized it.

"No," he said. "Not dead yet."

Phalomir felt inside his mind and found the link he held with Rykounagin. "I release you," he said, breaking the hold he had on the assassin.

"Now I am dead," he said. "What do you want with me?"

[ 03-21-2007 07:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 03-21-2007 07:42 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I didn't want to hand my vibroblade over to him, I was contemplating letting Phalomir stay lost and leave him. But out of all the current sith here he was the most trust worthy.

I pulled out my vibroblade and threw it a a tree near Rykouagin where it stuck into the side of the tree. Seeing a branch about 2 meters above me I jumped up and grabbed it with one of my hands and my tail, then swung myself up onto it.

"I'll follow from up here. I might be able to get a better viewing angle then the rest of you."

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-21-2007 07:50 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I wrenched the blade, squeezing the handle for a moment to test how strong it was, and then began to trot into the jungle. However, only a few steps in, I felt a wrenching sense of loss wash over me, and then it returned to normal.

I paused, considering for a moment, then turned back towards them all. "Too late. He's dead."

I sighed, and walked back onto our "path", feeling an involuntary sense of failure from the death of my "master", as it were. "Well, that is disappointing." I said, letting the blade swing loose from my hand at the ground; the edge nicking over the loose soil before bringing it back up into a firm grip.

"So what now? Keep walking until someone else decides to pop in who can take us back?"

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 03-21-2007 07:55 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Even though it was more than obvious to me, for that tostada-thing was enormous, for the sake of younger ears I couldn't let the lad's blithe attitude stand.

"How do you know that?" I snapped, my brain beginning to kick back into gear now that the intial adrenaline rush was over.

"I mean, he might be injured--"

I stopped at the looks that received. Annoyed for how destiny was having such a hey-day with us, I pressed on.

"What the hell is a tocatta, anyway?"

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.203
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-21-2007 07:59 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I rolled my eyes. "Tuk'ata, Noun: Death on four legs. And as for how I know? Hmm... could it be the sudden lack of perception of where he is, what he's doing, and his general well being? Not to mention an unwillful feeling of loss, considering I barely knew him?"

I looked at Shayla and the Master. "Do either of you doubt me in perception to the fact that he's most easily dead right now, provided that thing had the intention of eating him?"

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-21-2007 08:48 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla whirled quickly, ready to defend herself from an attack that never came. But, as Rykounagin made his announcement that Phalomir was dead, she was busying surmising that for herself.

No need to have foul surprises later on...

Unnervingly enough for anyone watching, Shayla Stargazer closed her eyes and stretched out with the Force, sensing the life surrounding them with her talents, sensing for one familiar life signature: Phalomir's.

At length Shayla's greeny-blue eyes snapped open. "Our friend here is mistaken," she announced. "Phalomir is not dead...

... yet. I sense his life essence not far from here."

She turned then and regarded the still-stunned Master coolly. "Why would a creature of this planet attack the supposed Dark Lord of this place, and leave the rest of us standing?"

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 03-21-2007 08:51 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron couldn't help but step by in shock, shaking his head as Rykounagin so uncaringly spoke of someone's possible death...

...and shaking his head even more at Shayla's announcement that Phalomir was still alive. "Something wild on one of the Sith worlds killed Terrin," he then spoke up, his eyes darkening. "I think it was one of those things...

...but then, Terrin is human, and Phalomir is Sith. I don't think I can stand just leaving here without making certain..."

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-21-2007 08:56 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I narrowed my eyes. "Or... she's lying." I had little trust in her to begin with, but I could see no reason that Phalomir would "let go" of my bond, considering it was one of the few advantages he had. "Why would he let go of my bond, when it's one of the few things he has going for him right now?"

As I spoke, I looked at the Master. "I do not mean to say that I 'give up' on him, but short of some extreme reason that a Tuk'ata could bite him, leave that much blood, and then run off with him, and then moments later I lose my bond with him, I see no reason that he's alive."

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 03-21-2007 09:02 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master picked himself from the ground, unsteady. His grim face stared out at the jungle, comprehending what had happened.

“If Rykounagin no longer feels the connection of the bond he held upon him,” he said darkly. “Then it is true, my son is dead.”

He turned to face Shayla, his face stone cold.

“What you feel must be his spirit within the land, within the tuk’ata. His heir will now inherit the Lordship of this clan.”

But the Master knew she was right, but he did not make this known to the others.

“We must leave here,” he said. “Going after him now is foolish, he is gone. There could be many tuk’ata between us and the Temple, and we do not know how our friend with the large eyes will react. I believe I can open a portal through the Darker Realms and return to realms of sanity that way.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 03-21-2007 09:12 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
That caught my attention quickly enough.

"Ohhhh, no, brother, not there again!" I took an involuntary step backward, shaking my head and holding a hand up as if by doing so I could make this guy's announcement disappear like mists on the wind.

"Not me, nope; been there, done that, ain't going back!"

Even if poor Devil's leftovers still remained in that awful place!

[ 03-21-2007 09:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.132
The Master

Member # 529

posted 03-21-2007 09:17 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master turned to Yaoksi, an eyebrow raised.

“You have been to the Darker Realms?” he inquired. “Most interesting. What were you doing traversing that realm? And did you have the sort of protection I could offer?”

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-21-2007 09:21 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I had a slightly gruding but uncomfortable moment as we discussed the darker realms. "Well, we can be in and out rather quickly. One portal through another, just like walking through two doors. The only thing we'd have to do is keep a long way off from the dark tower, or Roan will have a field day with a few new corpsified maniquins."

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 03-21-2007 09:21 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I snorted before I knew I had done so, stared the Master straight in the eye, still running on adrenalin.

"Protection? Yeah, right. Like how you protected your son just now, right?"

I pulled Thea even closer to me, then shot a look off into the trees. By squinting I could just make out a glimpse of white fur.

"Link, hey, can you see anything from up there? Is there a chance of trailing that tomato? Can you make out enough to see where he took Phalomir?"

Even if he was indeed dead, we could at least find what remained of him and give him a decent burial, after all.

[ 03-21-2007 09:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 03-21-2007 09:33 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I peered out over the jungle looking for anything out of place, but with this jungle everything seemed out of place. All the brush made it easy to hide in and easily could cover somethings tracks if it knew the jungle well, which it had to for it not to leave a noticeable trail. Seeing no point in remaining from the tree I fell backwards of the branch completing a full rotation before landing on the ground between Yaoksi and Rykougin.

"There right, these things know the jungle to well for us to track them effectively, besides if we follow it that thing might lead us to its friends."

I turned around to face Rykougin and extended and open hand to him.

"I'll take back my Vibroblade now."

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
The Master

Member # 529

posted 03-21-2007 09:35 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“The tuk’ata will take care of the remains for us,” said the Master. “It is foolish to risk more lives to retrieve the remains of one already dead. I for one wish neither to be eaten nor risk angering That Which Is by intruding again upon its business. I intend to leave through the Darker Realms, the choice to follow is yours.”

[ 03-21-2007 09:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-21-2007 09:38 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla rounded on the Master and Rykounagin. “The likes of either of you two would probably leave everyone in the Darker Realms,” she snorted, keenly attuned to the fact that the Master was evading every question she asked.

She stretched out to her Link with Graysith. The Master and Rykounagin are here, but for what reason I do not know. A tuk’ata has taken Phalomir into the jungle, leaving all others alone. This may be my chance to poke about the Temple...

...but then, there were certain things in the Temple that perhaps the Master and his pet were looking for. If this place truly finds Phalomir its Dark Lord...

...should I venture to its Temple and poke about without him, leaving him to possibly return and come after me? He is yet alive...”

[ 03-21-2007 09:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 03-21-2007 09:42 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I gawped at Phalomir's dear ol' daddy at this.

What was with him anyway? Why this sudden pressure to return to that awful place? No one in his or her right mind would want to go there...

"Well, all right then. Do what you want to; I'd rather take my chances here with the live beasts than the dead ones."

Not to mention those who fall somewhere in between those parameters.

I stared harder at the Master, then glanced around, not saying anything, just letting the others decide on their own where they wanted to go and with whom.

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-21-2007 09:49 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I felt a moment of exasperation pass through me, and then tossed the vibroblade up to Cel. "Whatever. Any of you have any affects you want me to send to loved ones?" I asked. "Stay here long enough, and I get the feeling you're not comming back. You know, big ugly predators."

I looked at the Master. "I'm ready to go with you. Anyone else hopping on the "living" train?"

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-21-2007 10:03 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla cast a dark look Rykounagin's way, then to the Master. Gave a dark, cynical little laugh. "That's funny. You all can go dancing off with the guy who appeared from nowhere...

...saying he was tracking the essence of his son...

...to then react nonchalantly when that son is taken off into the jungle by a large, vicious predator, making no effort whatsoever to go after him, regardless of the fact that he is alive."

Shayla paused, actually looking at Thea. "You are a padawan. Trust me or not...

...you know you can trust your own senses. You feel him too, don't you?"

She feel silent, her greeny-blue eyes meeting Thea's unreadably. Then she pressed on, looking once more at the group in its entirety. "I do have Force abilities that can assist in protecting us from the tuk'ata that has Lord Phalomir...

..but there is another option besides tracking him randomly. The Temple is just ahead; you can already see it. There we will find ships, and other devices, which will aid us in our search."

She paused. "The choice is yours regarding what you do, however."

[ 03-21-2007 10:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-21-2007 10:08 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Coming in from Tears of the Rancor in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

"Have no trepidation regarding the Dark Lord Phalomir, my dear," Graysith purred along their link. "For he has one failing which may be so easily utilized: deep within himself, he cares not only for me but for you as well.

"Continue your course; should he suddenly choose to interrupt you, well... my dear, I know you have been practicing your use of guile with him, and hopefully with the others as well.

"I foresee you having no difficulties with Phalomir... but beware his father. He cannot be trusted, as neither can the assassin Rykounagin."

[ 03-21-2007 10:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.132
The Master

Member # 529

posted 03-21-2007 11:48 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master looked hard at Shayla. He could feel the darkness within her, power that was meant for him, not her. Not Graysith. None but him. But here she was, basking in the power granted her yet knowing nothing of how to use it, and instead letting it rule her and confound her. He wished instantly her could rip it from her, hold it in his hand and squeeze the life from it. But he knew it would not be that easy.

He remained focused on saving his people, succeeding here where he had failed in the future. But to do this, he needed power. Why had it rejected him? Who was the new master of the Darker Realms?

“A Sith mourns in private,” he said. “I do not wish to place others in danger, and I hold very little hope that even my son could survive a surprise attack from such a beast. It had him in its jaws, his blood stains the ground, he shall not be alive for long. But I am touched by the compassion you show for him, and I am moved by your persistent hope that he will survive.”

He looked first to Rykounagin, then to Yaoksi.

“Come, then,” he said. “We will rescue my son and then decide the best course of escape from here.”

The Master turned to the jungle where the tuk’ata had stolen off. He waved his hand and the vegetation all moved to the left before him, creating a narrow path into the darkness. He then looked at Shayla once more.

“I hope you are right.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.133.18.99
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 03-22-2007 12:19 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I narrowed my eyes, stared at Phalomir's father from beneath lowering brows. For there was just something not right in the way he had so suddenly changed his tune. Now all of a sudden he wants to rescue his son... but in response to the compassion I was showing in believing there was a chance he was still alive? In reply to Shayla's assertions that he indeed was, which he at first summarily dismissed?

It was only with great effort that I refrained from shaking my head. Instead I gave Thea a little hug.

"C'mon now, let's go," I said, cutting a look to Aaron and K'kihl before stepping out onto the strangely cleared path the Master had opened up for us. I couldn't help but shiver; there was something not right about that either. As there was just something not right about the shadows which seemed to be pressing in even more closely in upon us.

I squeezed Thea again, a little harder.

"Hon, while you're sensing out to see if Phalomir is alive, you might want to keep an antenna trained on whether or not any more of those tescaderos are still hanging about..."

Shuddering at the image of how lithely it had disappeared with the burly Sith Lord held as easily as I would hold a Dantooine fabool, I moved along into the unknown that now stretched out before us.

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05