my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Middlespace, Thirdspace (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Middlespace, Thirdspace
The Master

Member # 529

posted 01-09-2007 11:40 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((The Master enters from The Ruins of the Mind in this forum.)))

The Master pushed his way back through the portal, into the ship with Rykounagin, and closed the portal behind him. He immediately opened another, and stepped through it, beckoning for Rykounagin to follow.

Within the chamber he opened a small chest sitting on a table, and withdrew a small dark red orb. He then turned and waited.

[ 01-09-2007 11:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.151.72.197
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-10-2007 01:46 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Rykounagin enters from The Ruins of the Mind in this forum, thankyou.)))

"What the hell just happened?" I snarled, entering from the wreckage of the ship, coughing sharply feeling something twist inside me though I did not complain at the pain.

"Now where the hell are we?" I asked, looking about the chamber and at the table the Master stood before, and then more suspiciously at the orb in his hand as the pain shot through my center again.

I wasn't aware of it, but all the "bumping" a moment earlier had redamaged one of the already healed areas, which, though healed, was still a bit rough as most scar tissue was. "What the feth is that thing?"

[ 01-10-2007 03:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.146.56
The Master

Member # 529

posted 01-10-2007 06:47 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master smiled as the boy walked through to join him.

“You are standing deep within the Temple of Armorers, lad,” he beamed. “You should feel welcomed here, as my son is currently the Dark Lord of this abandoned ruin. I hear he plans on rebuilding it, though.”

The Master looked around the room, as if appraising it. “So I have laid claim to this building as my own, now. Rather homey, don’t you think? Oh, of course, it could use some new curtains and shelves, but one makes do.”

The Master returned his smile to Rykounagin and petted the crystal in his hand.

“This,” he purred, “is a device I helped to forge a long time ago. It allows me to keep tabs on certain friends, and I am suddenly most curious to know how some of them are doing these days.”

The Master waved his hand over the device. “Lord Phalomir,” he said. The crystal turned dark and milky, then cleared to show an image within of Phalomir standing next to a bed, his arm outstretched. Beside him, in the bed, was Thoran. The Master’s eyebrow rose.

“Interesting,” he mused. “But at least it still works! Lord Aelvedaar!”

The device cleared, then showed a vision of Aelvedaar sitting in what appeared to be a passenger area of a star ship. Delighted, the Master waved his hand over the device again to clear it.

“Do you see what it does, lad? And who it is able to find for me? It does have it’s limitations, after all. But let us perform one more call, shall we? I am most curious indeed to know the answer to this one.”

The Master waved his hand over the crystal once more.

“Lord Roan,” he said steadily.

The device went black in his hand, and remained that way for several seconds. Finally the milky clouds formed inside and then cleared, showing a very dark room, bare except for a decrepit form hanging from chains against a barren black wall. The body was limp, red skin chaffed and sore, the bases of horns protruding pathetically from its head. After a moment the body stirred, a shallowed head lifting as if to peer back through the device.

“My brother…” said the Master. He lifted his eyes to Rykounagin. “Here is the true Dark Lord of the Warriors, lad.” The Master waved his hand and the device went dark.

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-11-2007 12:06 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"How is he not dead? Was he not slain and thus passed on the rights to the witch and her kin?" I asked, examining that image for as long as it remained. "How is it that he could remain in the darker realms if he has a mortal body?"

I looked at the Master. "What of ShaRhylla? Is she alright, or is that device only limited to those you pretend to care about?" I asked, narrowing my eyes, considering that he had asked about his son whom he had shot only a while ago.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-11-2007 09:08 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Without the Temple of the Armorers, the sky grew black with roiling clouds, all coalescing from nothing, deepening, thickening, writhing together until they resembled nothing so much as a pot of sooty pudding left boiling too long. The sun seemed to whimper in fear, and promptly disappeared, eaten by the eerie clouds which sent the land into pitch darkness.

Once again a pair of bantha-sized Eyes materialized, blinking against the other-sky like a pair of silver-streaked, periwinkle suns.

A whirlwind of air presaged their sudden growth; soon they were as large as the Temple itself... then rapidly shrank to tiny motes which floated upon the air, dancing like touches of dust in the Koris'ian sunlight.

They wafted into the chamber where the Master held the assassin, and popped to their normal size once again.

"Foul!" came a booming whisper, but whether that was intended as a remark of their skills in playing the game they were wrapped up in or one concerning their personal hygiene, the Voice didn't elucidate.

The Eyes merely stared at the Orb sitting in the Master's hand, and in a twinkling of an eye had shriveled it into a blackened pea.

"This has gone on long enough, you know," the unlocalized Voice commented off-handedly, "so I think you can stay put here a bit and ponder this."

The great orbs darkened slightly."Reality shall continue... but you remain the same. Once there was a laughing girl, who sent a Raven to dancing upon a Mobius strip..."

Chuckling at that stupendous joke, the Eyes disappeared. The sky outside grew sunny and calm, a fresh breeze sprang up...

...which managed to wend its way into the Temple, to the chamber where the pair were held, effectively squelching the Portal back into the dimension of Man and spinning a wonderful tale that would prohibit such a doorway to be opened into it again.

Or at least until That Which Is deigned it time to open one back to where this one had come from, then to free the system back into space where it belonged.

[ 01-11-2007 09:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-11-2007 11:12 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stood stunned for a moment, and looked at where the eyes had been, then at the Master, then where the eyes had been again, then at the Master, and paused between every word that I spoke.

"What the hell did you do?!" I cried out. "Furthermore, what the feth was that?!" I personally had no idea, but all I knew was that there were some answers wanted, and my anger at what was going on in the last ten or so minutes was increasing exponentially as the seconds ticked by.

I began to wonder if the magical bonds keeping me from killing people worked in other dimentions. If not, at least I'd have a cadaver to play with while we were stuck, since in life he wasn't doing much more for me anyhow.

"Answers, now!"

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 01-12-2007 04:10 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Silence!” screamed the Master, his voice booming much louder than should have been possible.

The Master stood quietly for a moment, staring at the useless dried ball in his hand. He then closed his hand over it, crushing the ball into dust and letting it slip through his fingers.

“We have been discovered,” he said at length. “Putting it simply, there is an entity, an embodiment of All That Is, which usually keeps to itself as long as everyone plays by the rules. Apparently it did not like us making that particular discovery and now we have been penalized.”

The Master wiped the remaining dust from his hand and paced to the wall.

“But what puzzles me is why. Evidently this is part of its game…”

He turned to face Rykounagin, his face grim.

“Do you see where we now stand in this game, lad? Your adoptive father, Roan, was not Lord Roan. It was most likely the same imposter that pretended to be Lord Aelvedaar for so long. And as I stop to think, I’m not even sure if I am Me anymore… but that is folly. The Darkness was to serve me, and I it. But it abandoned me with the fall of the Tower and the capture of Graysith…”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-12-2007 08:37 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I looked at him for a long moment, many thoughts racing through my head before I came to a conclusion, a whispering in my head pushing that to the forefront of my thoughts.

"I have an idea." I smiled. "You're the one who broke the rules, so..." I reached out the Lotus in my mind, but for some reason, it felt like trying to touch a painting behind glass, seeable and understandable but untouchable.

So magic from the material doesn't work here? Perfect. "...you're going to fix this problem before I lose my temper. Or, I'm going to be wearing a rather interesting looking coat by the time I get out of here. Understood?"

I glared at him. "In the time I've spent with your unpleasant company, you've prattled on and on about the apocalypse, unity, and special rules of which so far, you've only told me to keep me occupied. Well I'm not playing games, because games are for children. This is life, and I'm tired of being used as your pawn. Fix it, get us out, and don't push me any further. Because guess what?"

I smirked. "Apparently magic doesn't work here. So I can't stab you to death, but guess what that also means?"

I reached up and grasped one of his horns, pulling him down to my height. "There's nothing between you and me." I pushed him back. "Got me? Nothing!"

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 01-14-2007 12:09 AM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master’s eyes grew cold, suddenly annoyed by the much smaller human pulling his head down by the horn.

“Except brute strength!” he shouted, flipping his head to the side and batting the boy’s body fiercely to the side. The power of the Sith sent Rykounagin flying across the floor to bounce softly into the wall. The Master’s hands glowed brightly as he raised them, holding them out as if on display.

“Do not assume magick has abandoned me, and do not raise yourself to the height of your ego,” he said. “I have come to you with an offer, I did not force you to go with me. Work with me and we both shall profit, work only for yourself and we both shall die alone. Why must you always be such a twit?”

[ 01-14-2007 12:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.69.119
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-14-2007 12:17 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I pulled myself up, grinning, despite a stronger pain somewhere in my middle. "Because frankly? I hate people like you. And dying is better than lowering myself to someone like you. Actions not words. Don't say you want the best for everyone else when all you do is skulk around!"

I growled. "You've been lying to me, so stop with your damn games. If you really wanted everyone on your side, you'd stop sneaking around. If you weren't chalk full of feth, you'd be working with someone aside from an assassin right now. You said it yourself, you could be the shadow, so why don't we just split you open and find out? It's not like, according to everyone else, you've done the galaxy any good!"

I grinned now, my blood up, beginning to circle in the room, watching him move by default to counter. "It's people like you and me who put bad things into motion. You do it because you want to get things out of it. I do it, because that's my purpose. So why don't we just rid the galaxy of the lesser evil shall we?"

My eyes narrowed. "Because I'm yet to see a thing come out of this working relationship that I like!"

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 01-14-2007 01:29 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master shook his head, trying to find sense in what Rykounagin was saying. He could not.

“Nothing except your life,” he said. “You would like it better if I had left you to die?”

His instinct cried out to smash the boy and leave, but he held back.

“I would think you of all people would see the benefit of ‘skulking’. You make no sense to me, lad, are you an assassin or not? I know you are afraid to retrieve the Finger of R’lous, especially now that the truth has been revealed, but redirecting your fear to hating me is counterproductive. Redirect it elsewhere.”

He search for more to say, more to do. His instinct still cried out, rid yourself of this menace!, but he was not finished. Whether he liked it or not, he needed this boy alive.

“I have no wish to kill you lad,” he said, then paused. His instincts again cried out.

“All right,” he said, sighing. “I shall be honest with you lad, completely honest, if that is what you wish. I would wish nothing more than to kill you where you stand. But I will not, because the task at hand does not change. If we do not retrieve the Finger then all is lost. But you be honest with me, if you feel you cannot overcome your fear then tell me now and I shall find another.”

He smiled slightly.

“Once we escape from here.”

[ 01-14-2007 01:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.69.119
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-14-2007 01:50 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My blood was up, but even I found the logic in his words, though my feral heart cried for me to still slay him. "I admire your honesty in one regard. Deal then, get yourself another puppet. You're going to leave me just outside the capital of the city of the warriors when this is done, then you're going to leave."

I knew what I already was beginning to form in my mind was risky, but somehow I knew it was worth it. I knew that if I didn't get to Phalomir soon and have him release me or at least have him command me, my hands would become more than tied. There were consequences to "avoiding" your master when he had power over you.

I just had to hope the master hadn't killed him with that blow, or I was stranded until someone found the magical link that he would have left behind and picked it up.

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 01-14-2007 04:11 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master exhaled sharply, finally seeing banality of the situation. He threw his hand before him to open a portal back to the K’eel Doba, but the shimmer he expected did not come. He tried again, and again nothing.

Now fuming, instinct screamed for the worse. The Master instead switch strategies and waved his hand in another direction, this time a shimmering portal glowing into existence beside Rykounagin. Smiling fiercely, the Master threw his other hand before him, directing a force at Rykounagin that shoved him into the portal.

“Deal with it yourself!” he shouted, closing the portal that led to the only place he could open such a doorway, further out into the Elseness.

The Master sighed, his instincts not satisfied yet appeased for the moment.

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-14-2007 04:19 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Ok peeps, just for the benefit of ALL ROLE PLAYERS... there have been way too many people finding their ways OUT of the Elseness without having to give the doing of it any more effort than that when you yawn.

SO.

The NEXT "convenient exit" (Doorway found) shall be a TIME exit... into another TIME, either in the same place or into a different location.

BUT TIME. At least 150 years or more.

Let the creativity continue...))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-14-2007 09:54 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I spat quietly. "Feth!" I looked around the wasteland of Elseness. "Not like he could do anything for me anyway..."

I glanced around, sighed, and began to walk in a random direction. None of them mattered anyway in an endless realm.

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 02-06-2007 05:57 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I wandered for what felt like days, now quite sure the Master had sent me quite a distance out into the elseness, having seen nothing save for the spark of portals opening in the distance, with closed before I could near them. Damn this place for entrapping me for entrapping me along with the fool! I thought, plodding along, aware that, though the place was endless, it also seemed to remove a need for rest or for food.

I saw the growingly familiar spark of a portal, but this one was not far away... no this was only a few hundred feet at most!

I began to run towards it, hoping it would not shut upon me as had so many others when I neared. I slowed to a cautious gait as I came within fifty feet or so, and came to the very edge of the portal, looking to see what was beyond...

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 02-26-2007 07:14 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It appeared to be a battle on some distant world's plains that I could see. Glimmering blades of energy flashed in the distance, fire seeming to leap from unseen weapons, the figures to be seen through the sweeping dust storms obscured save for the dark flashes of human shape.

Where is this? When is this?

I wondered, some deep curiosity causing me to extend a hand towards the portal, fingers piercing through. I could suddenly feel intense heat radiating from the world it was upon. Where ever this was, it was hot.

Suddenly, two figures came through the storm, wrestling over a strange snake-like weapon that writhed between them. One seemed human or some subform, the other a scarred alien wearing a curious carapace armor. They struggled for minutes until suddenly the weapon struck the human, and within moments he was still.

The Xenos got up and glanced around, and then looked right at me. It seemed surprised for only a moment, then began to charge the portal.

I stood, blinking for a long moment, before suddenly the portal swirled shut, the alien only a few paces away from the portal as it vanished from my sight, and I from its time.

"What hells this place reveals.." I murmured, turning away and beginning to stride through the mists of the elseness again.

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.145.252
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-03-2007 08:08 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Shayla enters from Tears of the Rancor in this same forum.)))

Shayla needed no more cue. She lead the way through the portal, ignoring that the others had quite a bit of materials to gather and carry through as she did so. As she stepped through the portal, she stretched out with her talents and sensed, and was almost immediately impacted with the truth of their location...

...but she didn't bat an eye regarding it. Instead she turned back towards the others standing on the other side of the portal, waiting for them to step through as well.

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-04-2007 01:40 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As I trudged onwards through the mists, I felt distantly a sort of pop; an inkling of understanding or knowledge or realization. Phalomir is here.

I did not know where, but I needed not to. Whispering a scant word of caution into the air, I pooled magic around it and sent it off to its destination as I had before to ShaRhylla and others in the past. As I did so, I felt something oddly quirk in my stomach, as though something had twisted painfully.

I shrugged the pain off, and began to follow the trail the message was leaving in its wake of the magic I had sent. I'll find you, and why you're here.

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.145.252
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 03-04-2007 05:20 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea hesitated slightly, she had been gripping Link's hand almost painfully from the time they had entered the room and she had seen who was in there. She tried not to breath or make her presence known and hid the best she could behind the men. But they all just followed Shayla - one of the last people Thea wanted to be with ever again in her life. The other was remaining behind. Thea wasn't sure if she would be safe anywhere at this point and going through a portal into somewhere she was sure was not where they were told they were going was not a good idea in her mind. Yet this Graysith was more dangerous than Shayla and the others were with Shayla and could help her she hoped. She hurried through the portal behind them hoping that out numbering the Sith would help them. Still on the other side she immediately pulled out the vibroblade and ignited it. She looked around and halted.

"This does not feel like Dagobah - there isn't enough life. What are you doing with us, traitor?"

She lowered her blade at Shayla facing off with her.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.235.149
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-04-2007 10:36 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla didn't move a muscle, but instead arched an eyebrow at Thea. "Visit Degobah often, do you?" she queried then, her greeny-blue eyes arrowing into those of the girl. Then she moved a hand out, palm upward, and motioned to indicate the surrounding jungles. "We waste foolish time standing here and arguing about this," she pointed out. "There is much life here, and a great deal of it is wild, dangerous...

...and deadly. Let us be on the move...

...and now."

Even as Shayla stated these final words, she drew the Force about herself, stretched out with it and sensed their location...

...and began considering just what to do, all the while remaining remarkably inscrutable.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 03-05-2007 06:17 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea stood her ground - trapped with the traitor was not how she wanted to spend her time and she did not trust her one bit.

"If this is Dagobah, where is my Master? I don't feel him any closer than I did on Sullust - in fact he feels farther away. I don't trust you, traitor. I trusted you once and now everyone I cared for is dead, and I blame you. You use the gift of the Force for evil and I will not follow that. I will be a Jedi, and I know you tricked us - that is what you are. Master Petrolu is not here, none of the others will be either. I know my Master's signature."

Thea opened herself to the Force ready to fling anything in sight at Shayla should she make even one move towards her friends.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.235.149
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 03-05-2007 06:44 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I had no more than stepped foot from the shadowy chamber where we had been so quickly and assertively led and into the cool greenness of living forest, had scarcely begun to put my whirling head back on track when Thea -- dear, sweet little Thea -- turned abruptly from a child into a blossoming Jedi. Against Blondie, who I had yet to come even close to begin thinking of trusting.

But, and this was something that Thea's years just hadn't had the time to bring to her yet, it really didn't matter whether that trust was actually there or not. The important issue here was timing; and this was most certainly not the time nor the place to start confronting each other straight on. We did want to get out of here in one piece, after all.

"Thea, dear; are you certain?" I questioned as I came up quickly behind her and placed both hands on her shoulders.

"Do you think maybe there might be a teensy little chance of error in what you're thinking?"

I squeezed her shoulders, hard, trying to convey to her that considering our predicament we had every reason to believe that discretion was the better part of valor.

"Are your instincts with finding people through the Force always completely accurate? Are you certain this isn't Dagobah? I mean, yeah it's not quite as swampy as I thought, but we could have stepped out into a polar region, which wouldn't have as much water. We'd have to wait until night to watch how the stars move to determine that; come to think of it, did the Dark Lady let you in on any little secrets as to exactly where it is we've come to on this planet?"

I lifted my eyes and addressed Shayla, but before I let them stop on her slender form they tarried in the emerald green ones of the Sith Lord.

Behind me, K'kihl wasn't helping matters any with his occasional, worried clack of mandibles...

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 207.28.192.173
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-05-2007 09:40 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla briefly eyed Thea, then her greeny-blue eyes fell into those of Yaoksi Joao. "The Dark Lady could only bring us to the planet; our entry point could not necessarily be predetermined," she indicated, pausing then to sense outward. Although she knew where they were not, Shayla did not know where they were.

At least not yet.

She was keenly aware, however, that there was wild life in the area, and that she didn't sense any intelligent life via the Force. But there was Something familiar about the place...

Her eyes, momentarily defocused, snapped alert once more. Shayla chose to do what she felt, and decided to work from there.

"I think we should go that way," she commented, pointing out in a direction in front of her and behind the others. "That is at least what my senses are telling me."

She paused. "Unless someone feels something otherwise?" she queried, her eyes resting for a moment in the eyes of each one present, falling for perhaps a moment more in those of Thea's before returning to regard the group as a whole.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 03-06-2007 05:32 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I flicked my eyes back to the incredibly taciturn Sith Lord, eyed him a moment, the look in my own pair now approaching something bordering upon the incredulous. After all, for being the one who wanted to get this particular ball rolling he was sure being mighty tight-lipped about everything. Hoping to hell that the reason for this wasn't something we were all going to regret sooner than later, I leaned down and whispered in Thea's ear.

"Hon, I believe you. But this isn't the time; we have to tread very gently..."

I cut my eyes back up to Shayla, grinned over the top of Thea's and Link's heads.

"Lead on, MacDuff!" I said with a heartiness I in no way came close to feeling. Then as the blond began moving us out I slowed my steps, dragging on Thea bit by bit until she and Link and I were tagging along in the rear.

"Any other concerns you might want to fill me in on, Thea?" I breathed scarcely loud enough for her to hear. K'kohl, bless his cricketty lil ol heart, must have figured out what I was doing, for he chose that exact moment to clack and clatter his mandibles again, effectively masking that statement from the ears of anyone else but those to whom it was intended.

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05