my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » When The Bough Breaks.... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: When The Bough Breaks....
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-12-2002 04:16 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It seemed as though the Sith ship had just left its hidden spaceport when once again it found itself arrowing down toward the K'eel Doban surface, begging entry once again. Even as it plummeted toward the plains of cratered rock and dust beneath it, its Captain sent forth a peculiar request for landing coordinates.

Request received... and compliance forthcoming....

Graysith didn't even have to slow the momentum of the craft when something once again opened up in their direct line of flight; something which allowed them entry into the hidden spaceport of Ch'arlingua. The ship howled to its berth therein, swallowed up by rock and something not quite of the "normal" realm of living things...

...and immediately stopped, its mission complete.

Graysith flicked a graceful finger along a particular row of mysterious sigils, letting the ship know it was indeed truly home, and that its occupants likewise were seeking there own. The ship responded by immediately opening its hatch and extending its gangway, before once again sinking back into cyberbiotic slumber.

The Chosen Daughter rose from her seat, and proceeded aft.

"We have arrived, my allies," she said briefly, then continued to the open hatch. There she stood momentarily before proceeding down to where the Dark Lord of the Sorcerer clan awaited their arrival. He greeted her with a clasp of hands, his volcanic eyes shooting deeply into hers. Then he calmly turned and proceeded to lead the group back to where they could finally begin planning their strategy.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.34
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-12-2002 04:26 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis was in a small room aboard the ship when it landed. He had been standing against a wall the intire trip, his iron gaze pinning loban in place. When the ship had landed he walked over and lifted Loban to his feet, then directing him towards the exit, they went on there way.
meeting up with the others Recinis greeted the great sith of the sorcerer clan with a nod, then waited to see what would happen next.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.65
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-12-2002 04:37 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla didn't even hesitate, but followed immediately after Graysith towards the meeting she knew was about to take place. Behind her, her brother seemed to linger; Shayla wondered if he was feeling a little bit guilty about his involvement with the young man.

As she continued to follow, Shayla could also sense the lurking--and somewhat surprisingly more contented--presence of Erik. He was somewhere nearby, probably aware that plans would soon be discussed. Nodding to herself, she sent a tendril of affection out to him alerting him to her presence, and continued forward to meet with the others.

[ 08-12-2002 06:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-12-2002 05:38 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith followed the broad back of the Dark Lord of the Sorcerer clan, keeping pace with him a short respectful distance behind. Once again all trooped aboard the delightful Sith transport, which whizzed them back to the tunnel leading into Phrinnchatka. Once again they found themselves retracing their steps...

...although steps this time leading them into a room she had never been in before. She paused in the doorway, momentarily taken aback by its quietly rich splendor: ancient and rune-carved furniture, well appointed with deep and luxurious cushions, were scattered tastefully about, highlighted here and there by the quiet elegance of individual tables provided for the use of the room's guests. An immense stone fireplace took center stage, its glowing light warming the air and the souls of all who entered therin, reflecting off the face of one Erik Kartan. That particular individual reared up from the chaise-lounge upon which he had been semi-reclining, his face glowing with more than just the fire's light.

Aelvedaar went to the fireplace, turned, and spread out his hands in welcome. She followed in his footsteps, feeling all her inner tensions beginning to drain away, somehow knowing within her very soul of souls that everything would somehow turn out right.

Sinking into the deep recesses of a magnificent couch, she quietly waited for all to gather, smiling to herself to note the absence of a particular threesome....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.34
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-12-2002 06:04 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis Followed along silently, all the while keeping a careful watch on Loban, when they had reached the room recinis approuched graysith. "what should be done with him?" he asked, gesturing towards loban.
he then fell silent and awaited graysiths response

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.93
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 08-12-2002 06:12 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
While Darra slept blissfully on, Terrin found himself with an arm about his wife, simply drinking in the utter perfection of the moment. He smiled, glancing over to his daughter's sleeping form, then turned his blue eyes into Galen's big browns.

"She's got your spirit, you know," he said softly, smiling more broadly. Then, his look softening, he added, "And she's already stolen my heart. Like mother, like daughter," he chided. Then, turning completely serious, he reached out and took Galen's chin in his hand and pulled her lips to his, drinking in her warmth and basking in her wonderful proximity. Then he pulled back, still staying close by so that he could again look deeply into her eyes and simply swim in them. "I love you so very much, Ms. Galen Danner."

Saying that, he gently pulled her more closely to himself, quietly thanking Khaandon and whatever other gods that would listen for the great grace they had bestowed upon him and his small family.

Life was at last peaceful and so very, very good...

[ 08-12-2002 06:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-12-2002 08:14 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Chosen Daughter of the Sith merely smiled back at Recinis, although indeed that smile held something of the hunting sandcat about it. She nodded her head toward where Lord Aelvedaar was now proceeding to make the others comfortable by offering them Sith brandy of unknown -- but probably very ancient -- vintage. He cocked his head toward her as a wide-eyed Jasyn silently took a profferred goblet, his molten eyes now raking across the form of the young man Recinis still held beneath his figurative thumb.

"I believe my Sire will be wanting to have discourse with him, in but a few moments," she replied lightheartedly as the Sith Lord turned back to his guests. Then she smiled up into her Sire's exotic features as he came up to her and offerred her a goblet as well.

She accepted it with a nod of her head, then raising it to her lips settled back against the couch once again, her violet eyes never straying from the somehow defiant form of the young man Recinis held.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.105.41
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-12-2002 08:15 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla smiled as Erik rose to greet her. Then, uncaring as to who was looking, she planted a kiss on his lips.

"Miss me?" she asked, reinacting his words to her on Khar Delba.

He smiled at her and leaned forward, giving her another long and full kiss. Then he leaned back to look into her eyes, smiling broadly. "Does that answer your question?" he quipped, finishing the reinactment.

Shayla rolled her eyes in bemusement then, her hand firmly emplaced in his, she lead him to a couch where they both sat and sunk into the luxury and warmth of the room which surrounded them.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 08-12-2002 08:27 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Mmmmmm..." Jasyn sighed contentedly to himself, gulping the brandy more than sipping it. "I could get used to this!" he exclaimed.

Matt, beside him, merely rolled his eyes.

Jasyn moved the half-drunken goblet before his eyes to survey the remaining contents, considering the shimmering liquid. "Sith brandy..." he muttered, as though trying to memorize exactly what it looked like should anyone ever offer it to him again. And Matt had a suspicion he was doing just that, just so he could argue with anyone who didn't give him something vintage.

"I wonder where the Boss is," Jasyn mused into Matt's thoughts.

Matt turned his green eyes to his co-worker, who was taking another good sip of his brandy. "I think you can put two and two together and figure that out."

Jasyn shot him a lopsided grin. "Would that be two and two, or two and one, or..." he hesitated, grinning further, One and One," he ended with, snickering.

Matt rolled his eyes again, taking a sip of his own brandy. "You could grow up sometime soon," he then commented lightly.

Jasyn scowled. "Hey!" Then, as if realizing Matt had a point after all, he shrugged it off, the former lopsided grin returning to his face.

Matt just shook his head. Taking yet another taste of the brandy, he commented himself. "Hey, this is some really good stuff..."

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 08-12-2002 08:52 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now having seen to the comfort of those who have joined me here in this city, I pause for a moment to take in the picture they now present to me:

The man called Matt with his companion, murmuring together, both seeming to be pleased enough with the refreshment I have made plentiful to all. I chuckle lightly to myself, wondering just how long it is going to take for the one called Jasyn to finally find the easement he seeks in drink... or if he will end up sleeping the night here.

My gaze now roves over the One my own Chosen One has chosen, sitting off with her own love, their heads huddled together in the union of dark and light. Now my smile softens to see such affection so disarmingly displayed... affection I would likewise share with one, and affection I have always yearned that the sentients within the Galaxy would see that the Sith do have to offer them.

Pursing my lips to hold back a most unusually wistful feeling, I now turn my gaze to the slight form of where She is sitting, chatting occasionally with the young Sith warrior, every so often raising her goblet to her lips to take the tiniest of presumptory sips. My lips relax into a genuine smile to view her sitting there all unaware of my watching her...

...but then, perhaps she is not so naive. Her head suddenly turns my way, her violet eyes clash into my own. I steady my gaze, then approach her and the one who would protect her from all harm. I smile to myself now at that latter thought, now thinking of her tuk'ata and loyal Noghri who likewise have managed to insinuate themselves into the deep shadows which live in the corners of this room. The others are either unaware of their presence or else not duly concerned; I myself have been aware of them ere they both stepped foot into this chamber.

I come to a halt before Graysith, and with a small motion indicate she remain seated. I now turn my eyes to Recinis, then after briefly raking the One he his holding with a most serious look, I speak in a low voice meant for his ears alone.

"I see you have been instructed to watch this one," I say thoughtfully, cocking my head now to scrutinize once again the one called Loban. "He looks harmless enough--"

I grin at the seeming naivity of my words, for well aware am I of the thoughts whirling about in both their heads. I simply blink, then affix my gaze to the young man, and lowering my voice even further direct him to reveal everything he knows about the one called Darth Tyberius, and most particularly how it was he had gotten himself involved with him.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.105.41
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-12-2002 11:08 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban gave heed to the being's request...

"I met up with him in orbit of Tattooine, he claimed to be a member of the Jedi Council, and offered me a chance to become a Jedi..."

Lo-Ban continued,"He asked of me one thing, to 'prove' myself, by completing a mission... a mission of the utmost importance... The mission was to rescue Shayla Petrolu..."

Lo-Ban gave the man one more bit of information,"His true intentions are yet unknown..."

Lo-Ban quieted, awaiting the being's response...

[ 08-12-2002 11:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.149
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-13-2002 12:16 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I contemplate the words spoken by this young man, leaning over him like a menacing shadow of something he'd rather forget about. He stands steadfast; credit shall be given to him.

But not at this very moment.

I blink but once, then hiss softly so that none others may hear our discussion:

"And so, on the command of one you do not know, and whose true intentions you have no indication of knowing anything about, you set off to chase after a young woman hidden on a planet that no one ought to have been able to find."

I pause now, crossing my arms, and strengthen the look I give him. My chest expands as I take in a deep breath, my eyes fairly burning into his own pair as I finish with:

"And there is nothing... discomfiting ...you would find in this entire scenario? Where would you have taken the adept had you managed to persuade her into going with you?"

I fall silent once more, keenly aware of the soft footfalls as my Chosen One now approaches, to stand by my side as I continue to interrogate this young and naive person.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.179
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-13-2002 12:42 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I made what could have been the biggest mistake of my life... trust... I have learned from my fault..."

Lo-Ban paused, then answered the second question,"The plan was to take her to Tattooine, and rendezvous... today..."

Lo-Ban fell silent once again...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.149
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-13-2002 12:52 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis stood quietly next to loban, still keeping his gaze focused on loban, though now with less intensity then before.
Unconciously he moved a hand to rest apone his swords hilt, he then heard graysiths movment and glanced over to her for a moment, then returned his gaze to loban, awaiting more answers.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.59
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-13-2002 01:40 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith turned from Aelvedaar to send an intense look directly into Loban's face. For a moment she remained absolutely silent, the look on her face strangely inscrutable. Then--

"Perhaps we should send this one into Tattooine orbit, and lay in wait with a Sith ship, to discover for ourselves just what kind of threat this Tyberius really may be."

She now slid her eyes into those of Recinis, as though seeking some sort of answer there in a depth of his psyche he may or may not have been truly aware of....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.179
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-13-2002 01:53 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I watch her stare into the eyes of her protector, clearly knowing to what depth she is reading him.

As do I now in regard to the young Loban.

"Perhaps my Chosen One has come up with an interesting idea. While there is much we have yet to discuss, we do not need the interference of this possible danger to her Adept. Perhaps the All in its wisdom has sent you to us, boy, that we might discern for ourselves just how much of a threat this Tyberius may be.

"Would you go willingly... or if not, we can certainly make it under duress."

My eyes slit into golden shadows as I smile, nodding my horned head to indicate the suddenly smiling Recinis. Beside me, my Chosen One's lips curl into a predatory smile of anticipation.

[ 08-13-2002 01:57 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.179
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-13-2002 02:05 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban wanted to clear his name before all present...

"I'm in... what is the plan?" Is all he said...

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-13-2002 11:51 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis nodded his approval to Graysiths plan, and then a sly smile crossed his face at Aelvedaar's remark. He then nodded to loban when the boy had agreed to assist them in discovering the intentions of Tyberius.

This one is quick to make his disicion...what if he try's to escape?
thinking through those two thoughts for a moment, he then voiced the later, though he had a strange suspicion that the great sith had heard both thoughts clear as if he had spoken them.

[ 08-13-2002 11:51 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.128
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-13-2002 12:23 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn sat in a corner of his own, calmly assessing everything which was occurring. He didn't know what was going on with Loban, however he was aware that there was some sort of discussion going on around him. To one side, Matt and Jasyn sat drinking brandy--the latter drinking with aveangence. Shawn shook his head at that, both in amusement and understanding.

The guy is more unnerved about all this than he'll probably EVER admit...

Shawn's eyes then wandered to where Shayla and Erik sat on the couch together exchanging words and looks. He could feel the love simply radiating from them, and smiled at that.

Took you long enough, didn't Shayla? he thought to himself.

Likewise, he could feel another love radiating from somewhere; as well as the inner peace of a child in slumber.

He smiled even more at that.

Though inward thoughts that could be construed as "evil" flitted from here and there every so often, Shawn decided for the most part that there was nothing--absolutely nothing--that seemed untoward here.

Shawn sat back and considered that. Perhaps the Sith had truly been misjudged. The Sith that the Jedi knew...were different. These he now saw were of a different variety...perhaps of a higher class--and not meaning within a social heirarchy, but rather on a mental and psyhological level.

He nodded just once to this thought, then sat back further, continuing to simply observe...

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-13-2002 02:30 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I nod at the simple concern in Recinis' words, then wave a hand toward Graysith.

"This one shall follow along with you, young warrior, and lay in wait beneath the protection of an All-shield. No Force user may penetrate such a device, only those who are skilled in the ways of the All. Together you two will watch that no harm comes to the adept, and that both she and the boy will be returned safely here. It is hoped with additional information, or perhaps with this Tyberius as yet another "guest" of the Sith."

For one moment I let that darkness within me rise up to rule my being, the thought of where that latter possibility may lead was that beguiling. My lips slowly curl into a smile of pure anticipation, my eyes fairly radiating actual heat.

My Chosen One cocks her head toward me, and lifts a brow in... amusement?

I let the darkness subside, and straighten up a bit before the Look she is sending me. Then I turn and stare directly into her eyes.

"War strategist though I may not be, this is the by-way I have decreed shall be followed. We dare not ignore the possible threat this Tyberius poses to us... for we dare not risk letting slip the wonders of the All into other hands."

Graysith immediately ducks her head before me, easily reading the meaning inherent in those words I have just spoken. I continue, to clarify just a bit further.

"This one desires access to the adept, something I find strange indeed. Yet he has the ability to find her from a distance, hidden away beneath the protection of a chronotic shield. The latter I feel to be a result of the vagaries of happenstance, but the fact remains he has devices unknown to us which he has fashioned, or at the very least control of.

"The thought comes to my mind as to why one with such abilities of his own would seek one whom to others is merely a padawan who has disappeared from a jedi school of learning. There is something about her he is truly seeking, and will not stop if this one--"

I wave a clawed hand toward Loban.

"--fails in his mission to retrieve her and bring her to him. There most certainly will be others to come, and one of those others would be bound to succeed. We dare not wait like sacrificial lambs for him to choose that moment. Padawan she is no longer.

"We dare not let the All fall into his hands."

Once again, though that final statement is spoken aloud, it is meant for the ears of my Chosen One. She bows her head, again clearly reading the full meaning behind the words. For a moment she remains in this humble posture, then raises her head before me.

"The boy was to meet with Tyberius this day," she replies coolly. "It would therefore behoove us to implement this plan immediately."

With that she gives me a short bow, nods once to Recinis, and turns to bring the news of this sudden development to her adept.

I nod in approval and cross my arms, settling back in my stance a bit to calmly assess the young "captive" before me, as well as his integrity and worth. He doesn't even feel my presence tickling in his mind....

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.48
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-13-2002 08:30 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Graysith, Shayla, Recinis and Loban continue on in Tattooine Orbit thread in the "Complete SW Universe forum, thank you.))

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.52
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-13-2002 08:45 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I open my eyes, my breath escaping me in a rush as once more I complete the small task of assuring a ship safe departure from Phrinnchatka. Giving my head a shake to reorient myself to my current reality, I take a look around at the others who have remained behind:

The ones called Matt and Jasyn, who still sit upon one couch, the heat of the fire warming them as they talk about one thing or another over yet another goblet of brandy which I offer. A smile tweaks my lips, then fades as I now turn my gaze upon Erik Kartan.

That young man is sitting now alone upon his couch, the firelight softly highlighting the scowl which darkens his features at once again being left behind. Blinking a bit in bemusement, I approach him, and clap him upon the shoulder as I did earlier.

"She will be more than protected, my young friend," I let the words come softly into his ears. "Indeed, it is best you remain behind, should a rescue in any manner need to be mounted."

Now I quickly raise a clawed hand, stopping the words I hear forming in his throat, words which so easily and so quickly come hand-in-hand with the sudden widening of his eyes.

"She is with Sith," I remind him quietly; then step back to encompass all with one sweeping glance.

"This room is indeed quite comfortble, my allies, but scarcely where one would make hearth and home. While this Temple does have room for all within its walls...

"...there is, after all, an entire city without, waiting for you to command."

I bow slightly, making an expansive gesture by the sweep of one hand, and quietly wait to hear how my offer will be taken.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.52
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 08-14-2002 02:13 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt's ears perked up at that. Beside him, Jasyn had yet another full goblet of brandy which he was injesting.

Matt eyed him. "Hey, a whole Sith city to explore ourselves!" he said, curiosity sparkling in his eyes.

Jasyn merely sat back, throwing an arm against the top of the couch. "I'll stay here and enjoy the reserves, thank you."

Matt rolled his eyes and stood. His look all but read, You are going to be SO sorry in the morning...

Jasyn, however, ignored it, and propped his feet up on a plush ottoman, a lopsided grin forming on his face. He held up his goblet in a shakey salute. "Go have fun, my friend," he blathered.

Matt paid him no further mind, but turned to look at an unsuspecting Erik. "Oh come on, someone's gotta be interested in traipsing the town besides me," he said, then eyeing Shawn.

Shawn cocked his head, and Erik stood, nodding. "I'm up for it," Erik commented, stepping closer.

Shawn in the meantime stood, gathering blue jedi robes about himself. He didn't say anything, but simply waited.

Behind them, Matt could distinctly hear the sounds of a somewhat unsteady Jasyn pouring himself ANOTHER goblet of brandy...

[ 08-14-2002 02:16 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 08-15-2002 06:00 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Far from the captial city of the sith a lonly craft had been abandoned at the mouth of a cavern. The cavern led deep into the bowels of the earth, where the air was cold and stale. Freedon might have been uncomfortable had he not been a stone. He smiled inwardly, for there was no other way to do so, being a rock did have its advantages. Freedon continued to float down the passageway, recalling the story that surounded this place. Long ago, before the Sorcerer Lord had discovered his mysterious powers, there had been a war between the Dark Jedi and the last vestiges of the sith. In a last ditch atempt to protect thier capital seven of the more powerful sith sorcerers had sacrificed thier lives to shield the planet with thier magick. Naad had been on of the seven, but he had been able to transfer part of hiself into a stone and thus survived. The shield had eventually been penetrated and erradicated by the Dark Jedi, for it was far weeker than the brand of shield that the Sorcerer Lord could call upon. Freedon Naad's reminises were interupted by his arrival in a large circular cavern. He remembered it well. He looked down, and found his body. The transfer of consious was hard enough on its own but the task he was about to preform would be damn near impossible, the medalion he had given K'oth would form a parisitic bond between them and would allow him to split his consious temporarily so that he could send himself into his old body. The floor of the room was covered in sith runes and there were seven caskets set side by side, each magically charmed so that the body would remain perfectly preserved. He hovered above his coffin and began the ritual, the whole ordeal was horribly taxing but about half an hour after the ritual had been finished and his consious split and rejoined in a new body he began to stir. He removed the lid and stood up, flexing his hands and tasting the stale air relishing his senses, however unpleasant his suroundings. When he had finished rediscovering the marvels of his body he looked over the other six coffins. He figured he had atleast six other shards of his stone self scatered about the galaxy, if he could find them he might be able to transfer parts of himself into the other bodies as well, the sith smiled. They would be like six other arms, six powerful arms. Naad's smile spread, it felt good after so many years of immobility. Then with a goal in his mind he began to walk back out of the cavern. Truely this was the beginging of somthing great.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.193.41
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-16-2002 01:55 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla couldn't fight the slight tremor that racked her frame at Loban's words. Then, "We have to go back to Prinn'chatka."

Then, straightening, she looked Loban dead in the eye. "Two days isn't gonna cut it. We need to move NOW."

Pulling the All about herself, about Loban, and about the entire little L-pod in which they traveled, Shayla one last time opened a portal in the All. Still a very young All user, she made the step through the portal successfully, but she shuddered at the effort as the L-pod slipped through the portal into orbit around K'eel Doba.

She leaned forward as her small frame shivered a bit, both from the strain of the effort and from emotions she was keeping beneath the surface.

She forced herself upright, then played her fingers across the navboard, ignoring the gaping Loban for a moment as she continued to search, looking for anything she could use. She knew there had to be some way to contact the spaceport...

There. Just as she'd hoped.

"There's an outlaying signal coming from down there. Tap into it, and send a distress signal. Aelvedaar will know what to do..." she said, trailing.

[ 08-16-2002 02:27 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05