my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » When The Bough Breaks.... (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: When The Bough Breaks....
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 08-17-2002 08:27 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin nodded at Erik and Narcolm's comments. "Sounds like good advice on both counts. However I think we'd best wait til Shayla gets back from speaking with Lord Aelvedaar before we send anyone out. I have a suspicion that, since you are returning to Khar Delba, Shayla will want to accompany you.

But in the meantime, we can rig that signal from the spaceport so we can piggy-back some messages on it. Something tells me we might be needing it.

Jasyn?"

The crewman, who had been silent up until this point, goaned in response instead of simply asking what Terrin needed, clearly still experiencing the effects of a hangover.

Terrin just rolled his eyes. "We need your technological wizardy, my friend.

Jasyn merely nodded, and Terrin wasn't sure if he was indicating understanding or trying to clear brain fog. Either way, the assignment stood.

"Let's get going with this while we are still waiting..."

[ 08-17-2002 10:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-17-2002 09:08 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
the sith stood within his mind, a mer wisp of his true self. Looking about the darkness his mind worked calmly to access more knowledge of the subconcius.
Suddenly an image of a book apeared before him, which seemed to have significance to his mind as The Book of Ages. Reaching out to touch the thing a luming figure suddenly apeared to snatch it from him.
The figure turned and walked away into the shadows, and recinis quickly followed untill finaly he stumbled upon the shadow once more, who he soon realized was Narcolm.
The image of Narcolm looked at him and nodded, indicating the book, as he opened the book both images dissapeared, and in there place stood a fierce looking sith, Lord Roan.
The image of the sith seemed to growl at him, though no sound was made, and suddenly recinis' sword had appeared in his hand. Running towards The great sith the image faded, revealing graysith, and a wicked imp standing near by. soon both images faded and recinis was left with one thought.
-with graysith, would come danger...we must be prepared for battle, not just prepared for the recovery-
many images then appeared before him: Terrin, Shayla, Narcolm, Aelvedaar, Jasyn, Mat, and behind all of them a looming figure of Roan.
Recinis quickly banished the images into his subconcious, realizing without a doubt that this was most likely a part others would not forsee.
-I am the only true warrior among them...others may know enough to get by...but can we together stand against roan? are my fighting skills combined with Shayla and Aelvedaars knowledge of the All enough to do battle with roan and his demon? what other allies does the sith possess?-

Suddenly recinis motion stoped, and his eyes snapped open from there trance, his head clear, filled with only that which he needed.
he quickly returned to the temple, and approached those sitting about discussing plans, he noted that now Terrin was leading the plannign, and that shayla had gone not of yet returned. sitting down he looked about and sighed.

"I am slightly curious, as to who among us will be able to do battle with roan, after all, we can not expect him to return graysith without trying to stop us..."

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.200
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-17-2002 09:30 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban found Terrin's words to be most wise...

Lo-Ban didn't know if this was the best time to introduce himself, but... Lo-Ban wanted to do something, something to help... He then approached Terrin...

"Greetings, I am Lo-Ban Kenobi of Tatooine... I am a mechanic, and have other talents as well... what can I do to help?"

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.47.124
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-17-2002 10:20 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin turned to Recinis first. "That, my friend, is not in my department exactly. It's going to take something a bit more than firepower to take out Roan, if and when the time comes. I would think it very likely that this is gonna be a matter of Sith Sorcorery and Warriorhood--I believe you should confer with Lord Aelevadaar and Graysith's Adept in that matter."

Then, turning from Recinis, Terrin became aware of the words the young Loban was speaking to him. He sent a bemused grin at the young man, all the while keenly aware of the somewhat-unstable Jasyn, who was heading for the door to go to the spaceport.

Might as well make the kid feel useful...

"Think you can help with setting up to piggy-back our outgoing signal?" he asked, waiting to see what Loban would reply.

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-17-2002 10:41 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Consider it done..." Lo-Ban then turned from Terrin, and headed after Jasyn...

"Wait up man... I am going to... 'assist' you..."

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-17-2002 10:49 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Loban went off to catch up with a stumbling Jasyn, Terrin turned to Matt, who was watching the other two with amusement. Then he turned to Terrin. "Assignments, sir?" he asked, humor still lighting his eyes.

Terrin pointed in the direction Jasyn and Loban were heading. "Keep an eye on those two."

Matt nodded and headed off, and Terrin leaned back a bit, scanning the room at the remaining parties.

Himself, Erik, Shawn, Narcolm, and Recinis.

Now, if only Shayla would return...

--------------------

~~Galen

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-17-2002 11:31 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was discouraged, but altogether not too surprised, to find that she had no locator even though she understood its whereabouts perfectly. Resigned to accept her inadequacy, she stood and headed down the temple steps again, returning to the room where the others where now milling about.

"Wait," she said, causing everyone to turn and stop what they were doing, "I cannot find Lord Aelevadaar, and cannot retrieve the locator although I have tried. We need to go forth and try to get in contact with Lord Narcolm's source immediately, which will require my attention.

But, I must know," she said, turning to both Jasyn and Loban, "Is it possible for us to replicate the locator technology?"

[ 08-17-2002 11:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-17-2002 11:46 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"We could give it a try... but, I might have a better idea... before I escaped Tyberius' 'ship', I placed a homing beacon near the hatch... just incase..."

Lo-Ban waited for Shayla's reply...

Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 08-18-2002 03:25 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stand before the Great Octahedron, keeping a grim hold upon it with the All I command, which now seems to have magnified itself within me in some manner. A tendril of myself is loosed to smile at that momentary puzzlement; well I understand that fresh inrush of strength, for in this manner my aching love for Her rides point with the deepest and most soul-consuming hatred for Him.

I draw in another breath, still keeping my gaze fixed to the mysterious swirlings within this device, all too keenly aware that this one is more than likely no longer unique to this universe. The Rites He had undergone had increased his skill and ingenuity in ways we had not formerly perceived to be possible.

Indeed, hindsight is that vision with the utmost of clarity, and the wise use it to then scrutinize the possibilities ahead. My brows lower in concentration as, aware of the attempts others are making within these Temple walls, I strive to ignore them, strive to beat away the balance I have achieved, strive to disarm my own self from the majestic mystery of the All....

For only then will I be able to find her, as I did over four thousand years ago.

My claws clench in the purity of effort I now put forth. My molten eyes crystallize into blackened crust as I let the fires within them cool, that they might find union in the icy depths beneath my senses. Reaching out now with talents learned from millennia of Sith sorcerers, magicks honed and sharpened and magnified...

...and then all but forgotten beneath the seductive wonder of the All...

...I continue to search, to seek out, to link that one part of me which joins so well with that part of her, that bit of inner being to which she remains aloof, and which I am only too heartbreakingly aware...

...that portion of my own psyche, indeed, that initially found her out of all the sentients in all of creation. Like always seeks like... and soulmates seek out their own.

A gasp: there. In the swirling, mote-filled otherness whirling within the Crystal, a dim shape finally begins to materialize. Dim, oh so very dim, like the merest hint of a shadow upon the ground at the beginning of dusk. Bit by bit, slowly, with infinitesimal slowness, it takes form, taking substance from the magicks within the Octahedron, finally materializing to reveal itself as the one I love above all the rest, laying at the feet of a would-be conquerer from Hell.

My eyes flash in victory, as with the All I now reach out to snatch the prey from the very claws of the rancor...

...only to come to a crashing halt. My eyes erupt in volcanic disbelief.

I cannot bring her back...!

Then understanding sears my breast with words that cannot be denied, and another pain arrows into me.

Oh Graysith, why have you found this understanding now!

My heart heavy, I now pull back, but only after making certain assurances that my link to her will not fail. Turning then, I leave this hidden place, and retrace my steps back to where I know the others are waiting for further inspiration to strike them.

They look up quickly as I enter amongst them, hope and excitement alight in their faces. Then that light fades a bit as they see the solemnity so apparent on my own.

I waste no time with preamble.

"I have found her," I say, quickly raising a hand to still their outcries and comments. "But the All is not only a beautiful Mistress, it is a commanding one as well.

"Intentions for the Greater Good must always... always ...be maintained, no matter the cost. And in this the All demands perfect balance to be used."

Now I pause momentarily, fighting with myself a short while, not willing to say the words I know I must speak, knowing the full import which they carry upon their backs.

"I cannot retrieve her," I whisper in a voice which crashed upon them to echo in the suddenly pregnant silence.

"I can only replace her."

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.48
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-18-2002 03:45 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla stood motionless for a long moment, hoping that she had only thought she heard what she had. At length it became apparent, both by the looks on the faces of the others and by the look on the face of Aelvedaar himself that she was not mistaken, much to her horror.

Not intending to be impertinent in any form or fashion, Shayla still couldn't stop the one word which escaped from her lips. "No."

Like a rising and falling tidal wave, her innermost emotions shifted back and forth from anger to sorrow, falling in tandem with the thoughts which clouded her minds eye.

She wasn't willing to give up. She WAS willing to do whatever it took...

...Dark Lord Roan had done this to Graysith. To the Sith. Damn Him. Damn Him to Hell...

...they couldn't let this defeat them. They couldn't let HIM defeat them...

...and they couldn't risk...

Shayla paused at the thought which now began to upwell inside of her as a sudden realization snapped in place.

Why would Dark Lord Roan want to capture Graysith while leaving everyone else to scurry about and look for her? What did He wish to accomplish?

Well, what had he been intending to do all along?

The answer had been well known. He was going to create a Sith Empire of His own. Which meant...

...which meant...

Shayla shuddered at the very horror of the thought.

Roan thought Galen was dead. Or at least useless to His cause. So therefore, his initial plan to use Galen as "breeding stock" had been foiled. But he already had one child with Graysith...

...why not remove her from the wonders of the All and then try for yet another? And perhaps he even thought that he could sway Graysith to his side...

Shayla gasped at the conclusion rising inside of her, oblivious to anyone else in the room. Her eyes locked on Aelvedaar's molten pair, sensing that he was aware of her every thought.

She began to shake her head from side to side, and that one word escaped her yet another time. "No..."

[ 08-18-2002 04:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.3
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-18-2002 04:13 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My eyes flick to the young Adept, who now fairly radiates with such apparent horror and pain. I nod my head to her unspoken thoughts, clearly reading them.

Aye, young one, I answer directly into her mind. I fear your thoughts are indeed on the correct track. As well as do I fear the actions my Chosen One might find it necessary that she take to...

...to truly thwart this enemy most dire.

I draw back from her mind, once more looking about the assembled company. Then, as if to underscore my former revelation to them, I speak up once more, quietly and succinctly.

"I cannot retrieve her, only replace her," I reiterate, the words falling like a death knell of a funerary bell. "And this must be done through the sorceries of the Sith, and not by use of the All. For she is indeed within a ship of the Yuuzhan Vong, where Force-sense is eradicated, and the wonders of the All strangely impacted."

I pause, unwilling to bring forth additional words which in reality have only sprung into being from nothing but conjecture... and the firm knowledge I have of my erstwhile "brother." My jaw works, anguish welling up that I cannot send myself to take her place.

"I estimate that at their current velocity they will gain the outskirts of our galaxy in about ten years...."

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-18-2002 04:44 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla understood what Aelvedaar was saying. But an altogether flaring portion of her mind refused to accept defeat. She wondered if he had been aware of the things which they had discussed in his absence...

...And if Graysith couldn't be found and retrieved with the All...

...Perhaps...

Freedon Naad and the Book of Ages. They might not be able to find Graysith, but at some point, quite logically before ten years if all she and Aelvedaar feared was correct, Roan would have her brought to him, if only for a time so that certain...things could occur.

Maybe they couldn't retrieve Graysith just yet. But they could most certainly find Roan with the Book.

And Shayla knew within her heart of hearts Roan simply had to be stopped before his ally reached the fringes of the Galaxy, or else he might arrive with the other child needed to complete a Sith triad already born.

"If we leave her to his devices we could quite possibly already be defeated," Shayla whsipered. Then, "Lord Narcolm tells us of a Sith Sorceror he has contact with by the name of Freedon Naad, who has something at his disposal known as the Book of Ages. Our conclusion was to return to Khar Delba to retrieve a medallion from the dead Naber K'oth which would allow us to contact Naad and retrieve the whereabouts of Dark Lord Roan...should Naad be willing to assist."

At this Shayla quieted, clearly still not willing to give up, waiting to see what else might be said.

[ 08-18-2002 04:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.61
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-18-2002 05:13 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I slam my hand down upon the table, the sound erupting like thunder. The sheer impertinence of this one! I ought to--

With great effort I calm myself, shaking inside as I shake my head.

She did not clearly read me... or she wishes not to.

She does not understand... as the others more than likely do not as well.

Another sigh wrenches from my very soul, and I bring my face more closely into their midst.

"You do not understand, I fear," I drag the words out from the very deepest wellsprings of despair. "Sith sorceries cannot retrieve her... for she desires we do not do this.

"She would not bring harm to us by being the bait to draw us out to do battle properly; the only means by which I can bypass this reluctance to be saved is by replacing her with another. The All will not let me; it impedes even my full use of magick in this.

"She does not know we have found her... and by her very last thoughts she unknowingly blocks our completely successful rescue of her... and we do not have much time."

I pull back, then briefly drop my eyes before finding the strength to utter the last words that I must, words not meant to persuade but to inform, so all cards will be placed upon this particular table.

"Even now she is devising ways of ending her own life...."

[ 08-18-2002 05:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-18-2002 05:29 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's eyes widened in horror at this divulgence, every atom of her soul screaming in protest of the very idea.

This meant there was only one thing she could do, and that was to trust that which Aelvedaar had decided upon.

Shayla pinned him with blue-green eyes that blazed with determination. Around the table, others watched the exchange like some sort of death-match, waiting breathlessly to see what would happen next. "How?" Shayla asked quietly at last. Then, "And...who...?"

[ 08-18-2002 05:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.61
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-18-2002 06:24 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My head jerks once more to face the Adept, her last thoughts burning into my very heart and soul.

WHO--???

The move lightning fast, before anyone else at the table can even think to react, my hand snakes out and grasps her by the throat. I drag her bodily across the table, drawing her face up to where it is millimeters from my own.

My eyes tunnel into her own.

"Who is the one, you have the effrontery to dare to even wonder--?" I whisper, that one single word crescendoing in my being until I can hear no protests or explanations she may have been trying to utter. It crashes head-long into my instinctive willingness to send myself in the stead of my love... and immediately recoils with a quiet little whimper.

"I would have thought that you would have been the first to make offer of yourself!"

I now begin to fling her from me as though tainted by the mere touch of her flesh against mine... when I pause, my eyes narrowing to scrutinize her thoughtfully. My claws tighten their hold on her, as with the other I make a motion warning the others not to move so much as an inch in their seats. I draw her face even more closely to mine, melding my soul with her own, not liking what I see therein.

"You do not deserve that which She has so openly allowed you to learn."

And with no more preamble I close my eyes, reaching now into her very being with my talents, slashing into her mind to seek out every little neuron, every storage place within the tissues there where she has placed all her learnings of the wonderful power I so clearly can see her misusing. She has no time to raise a barrier before my onslaught; indeed, it would do her no good if she could. The motion a repetition of how my love once stripped her of her very emotions, I now strip her of all knowledge she ever held of the All...

...and place within her a block against ever learning of it again.

A great sigh heaves from me, and I let her drop loosely from my grasp. Then I turn about to see if anyone else has anything to offer us...

...to offer me...

...or if indeed we shall have lost the Chosen Daughter of the Sith forever.

[ 08-18-2002 10:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.184
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-18-2002 10:08 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla slid back into her seat with a dull thud, hundreds of memories now blurring before her at lightning speed, accompanied by complete confusion and loss of...

...something.

The words and events were still there, but some understanding somewhere was missing.

Something was gone.

But what?

Shayla frowned and shuddered.

Her. She was missing. The one she knew as sister. Something was being discussed to retrieve her...

...everything was so muddled...

...where was she...? How could she be helped?

Ah yes, she was in Vong space or something.

...How on earth could they get her from Vong space...?

Her Sister. The only Sister she had ever known. The only Sibling she had ever truly known...

...as opposed to OTHERS.

And how was it again that she had become a Sister?

Stripped of the one thing which would secure understanding, all Shayla understood was that Graysith was gone. Her Sister was gone. The one whom she Loved more than even her own Blood-sibling was gone.

But what was it that this Man now said he could do to save her? Who exactly was he again?

What exactly was it that her Sister was so important for? Chosen Daughter of the Sith, was it...?

Shayla firmed, trying to get a grip on the confusion.

But the confusion didn't matter! Her Sister was gone, in danger!

Though fragments of her mind were clearly missing and inaccessible, Shayla knew for certain her words had been misunderstood.

But what was it that had been misunderstood exactly?

Shayla shuddered again, tormented by the utter confusion.

Why was everyone staring?

Ah yes. He had...done...something...?

With sudden nerves of steel, Shayla again stood, willing to lay her life on the line to get her point across. She didn't know what had happened, but she knew this..."The One whom I hold as a Sister closest to me has been taken! I don't know what has happened exactly and I'm clearly confused but...

...I know that I have been misunderstood. I love her dearly...and would do whatever would be required of me to assist her..."

Suddenly overcome by sorrow that she had somehow been able to hold at bay until this point, Shayla fell back into her seat and held her head in her hands, wracking sobs overtook her.

[ 08-18-2002 10:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-18-2002 10:28 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now I splay out my hands upon the table, leaning down upon them, letting them bear my full and somewhat formidable weight. I turn my head slowly, taking in all present, noting the varying degrees of shock and consternation and in some cases not a bit of fear that I see on their faces. For a moment longer I pause, waiting. Then I can take the stunned silence no longer.

"The words must be spoken aloud, if they are to be spoken at all," I say in apparent non sequiteur. Then I fall silent once more, beating back my own inner Beast, and pray to all the gods that if something finally is attempted here it won't be too late.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.206.206
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-18-2002 10:40 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla took a moment to pause from her grief and fear, listening to the words of Aelvedaar.

The words? What words?

What was it they were going to do for Graysith again?

...something about taking her place...

...or something like that...?

Yes, that it was.

Shayla again rose her head, still keenly aware of the confusion, horror, and shock on everyone's faces.

She didn't know exactly how but somehow she knew that she had erred.

She would not be the weak link when it came to saving her Sister.

But someone must somehow take her place...

Shayla's greeny-blue eyes locked on to Aelvedaar's firey molten pair. She gave a little shudder, then firmed, and answered in an even tone.

"She is my sister. I will take her place."

[ 08-18-2002 10:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-18-2002 10:49 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis stood slowly, and approached the confused Shayla placing a hand on her shoulder he shook his head sadly, and turned his gaze to Aelvedaar a slight frown crossing his face.
Recinis drew forth the shimmering blade and laid it accross the table slowly "i took at oath upon this blade...to protect Graysith, I did not take an oath to protect the Sith, or the 'all'. I will not protend to understand all that has happened over the years that has brought you all to know graysith" he said, glancing about the room slowly, "but, i am not stupid, and some simple truths become evedent in my eyes." returning his gaze to Aelvedaar his face became unreadable, and his mind was completly blank, save for the words he spoke, and those only apparant as he spoke them.

"you say that the 'Greater good' prevents you from taking action...that the 'all' and graysiths own wishes prevent you from using your full power to retrieve her...this is understandable... BUT" he said the last word, picking up his sword, and returning it slowly to its sheath. "If you should choose another...graysith's place in the univers also fades...then likewise her place in this 'greater good' of yours fades away. while i do not know all the details behind your words, i can say, that if you can reach into the future, as you must have done in order to spark the power of the 'all' within graysith in the first place, then you can likewise either reach into the path and retrieve her yet again... or perhaps, Look to that which the 'greater good' can not see, graysith being left in there hands, whether she dies or lives, can only mean defeat for the sith. should she die, then all her knowledge passes, all that she contained ceases to be... With that, what provents roan from using her absense, to devestate the univers?" he then pauses, allowing all present to think of what he had said, continuing shortly he slowly came back to aelvedaar

"Should she live...that also means defeat...Roan would use her to create his own sith empire...or so i have heard...should this happen, where will we be? lost...defeated beyond beliefe. No matter what happens to us...she must live, and she must be with us. Graysith has chosen to die, but that can not be... Roan has forsaken our own access to her, but that likewise can not be, Should the 'greater good' truly be recognized, graysith must be returned to us-"

One thought then loomed in his head.

Graysith...if by some chance fate allows thoughts wings...here this...you must live...hold hope...

sighing he spoke again, hardly missing a beat "I know i am not the wisest of men, but hear me Aelvedaar, and understand, that there is no other way, perhaps i am mistaken, but, should you truly serve the 'greater good' you can find a way to save her."

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.133
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-18-2002 11:06 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What maddness was this One speaking of? Shayla thought, quirking her eyebrow at Recinis as she turned momentarily to him.

Then, she turned back to the horrifying red-skinned Sith Sorceror. Her words were even and steady. "I will take her place."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-18-2002 11:49 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked at shayla for a moment, and suddenly understanding hit him squar between the eyes, literaly knocking him back a step. turning his gaze to Aelvedaar he shook his head "if this imply's what i know believe in imply's, forgive me pointless word before, but i can not have a place in this..." turning slowly, recinis began to leave, but then stoped short. and return to his seat, removing his weapon he placed it on the table once more, pondering the full implications of his acceptence of the quest, along with the weapon. sighing he closed his eyes, yet the blade remained, seeming to mock his very existance.

do i truly understand...or once again am i being foolish? i seem to be noticing my foolishness at every turn of late...

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.133
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-18-2002 11:49 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I remain frozen in place, my eyes now closing as I wait for any other to raise their voice. No one mars that silence, none other would seem able to find within themselves the means of making this supreme sacrifice of self.

Save for one....

Now I sigh, opening my eyes to find them locked directly with those of Recinis.

"And you her protector would be...." I say in a voice barely above a whisper, but one that I feel shatters into this young Sith's very self-estimations. Then I rear back and gaze around the allies gathered together here. One hand raises to point directly at Shayla Stargazer Petrolu.

"By her own mouth, the words have been said. Now I may proceed with the All."

With no further ado, I straighten up, and give all present one last meaningful, and sorrowful, look. Then, indicating she follow along, I turn and retrace my steps back to my quarters hidden so deeply in the bowels of this Temple.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.179
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-18-2002 11:55 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla gave Erik one final look before she left. She didn't know what was about to take place. With no knowledge of the All, and no undestanding of who Lord Aelvedaar was or what Graysith meant to them all...

...Shayla was certain it was something so very important. Something to do with the revival of the Sith, was it?

Very well then. To save her life, this is what Shayla would do.

She turned and followed the Sith Lord, willing herself not to look back, her heels hitting the floor with the knell of sudden assurety...

...and finality.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-19-2002 12:13 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn hadn't understood what was going on at first. He, probably like many of the others, had believed that in "replace" Aelvedaar had meant that they would take no further pains to retrieve Graysith. And Shawn suspected that is what Shayla had originally thought too.

But now, as Fate loomed like a shadow, he suddenly understood his sister was about to take the place of Graysith aboard that Vong vessel.

As if in the same mind, he and Erik shot up at the same time. But Shawn placed a hand on Erik's arm, sending him a look and a thought.

Shayla will need you here. I...am her brother. I have misunderstood her time and time again, even to the point that she does not know how much I dearly love her.

I will do this, for the good of you all. Trust me.

With that, Shawn ran after Shayla and Aelvedaar. "Wait!" he said, drawing the attention of both the others, who whirled.

"I will go. My sister is needed here."

[ 08-19-2002 12:15 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.61
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-19-2002 12:21 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I paused in mid-step, the young woman coming to a halt behind me as well. Turning now, I direct a steady look in the Jedi's direction, letting a brow cock as I mull over this new burst of apparent altruism.

"And in what way is this one so necessary, Jedi?" I query softly. "Your skills may be necessary here; there is more afoot in these dark hours than the threat of Lord Roan and his new companions.

"She has spoken the words, my young friend. And for the life of the Chosen One. I believe this is not the case with yours."

With that I turn my back, and continue the way to my sanctum sanctorum.

[ 08-19-2002 12:25 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.179

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05