my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » When The Bough Breaks.... (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: When The Bough Breaks....
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-16-2002 02:11 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban did as Shayla instructed... the message...SOS...

Lo-Ban looked at Shayla,"Are you ok? What in the hell is going on!?"

Lo-Ban waited for Shayla's response...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.181
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-16-2002 02:20 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla laid back, closing her eyes a moment at Loban's words, knowing he was sincerely concerned.

"I'll be allright," she said in a near-whisper. "But something is terribly wrong. Someone has taken Graysith."

She paused a moment, her eyes growing misty and vague. "And I'm afraid I know exactly Who..."

[ 08-16-2002 02:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 08-16-2002 02:55 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It is here, in the open platform at the top of the Phrinnchatkan Temple, that I used to come at the break of dawn. To gaze out upon the rising of a new day, each time with the hope in my breast that the battle I knew was forthcoming, if not thwarted at the start, would be won by the long road of toil I hoped at the time that I would be stepping forth upon. But even then, watching the glorious rays of the life-giving sun, I knew even then in my heart of hearts that death would come for me in the end, as it had.

I sigh again, looking out across brilliant lights of another making. Here in the bowels of the buried city, blanketed beneath the comforting protection of the chronotic shield I had erected millennia ago, I gaze upon the many hundreds of flashing echoes that would be pretender to the K'eel Doban primary itself, and another sigh echoes in my chest. While the sounds of voices are dim in contrast to how memory serves me, they are at least present once again within these walls. I let a smile cross my face as I consider how the men employed by Mr. Terrin Danner are so greatly enjoying their prowlings about this wonderful capitol city of the Sith... as indeed are that very man and his wife.

Indeed, it is the occasional ringing cry of the child's laughter that causes my heart to swell in my breast....

I turn from this favorite vantage point of mine, with plans to discuss with the Jedi once more ideas as to how our strategies may best be implemented... when it, incongruously enough, it hits with the force of a supernova, riding upon the back of an insignificant little signal coming from the Ch'arlingua outrider....

IT IS TOO SOON FOR THEIR RETURN. Only with the All would they have come home to K'eel Doba this quickly, assuming even then that the trip there was for naught. WHY NOW IS THE SIGNAL FOR RETURN SOUNDING???

I send a great frown of consternation out across the city, then close my eyes to briefly let drop the shield....

And the supernova erupts against the very flesh of my heart, chilling me to the bone with its undeniable heat.

Something has gone very, very wrong... there is emptiness I sense... there is the Adept, and the one called Loban, but... where is the warrior?

And fates, why do I not sense my Chosen One????

Pain now flares outward, uniting with the fires of the exploding sun, rushing through me, upwelling, seeking out my every pore, my every cell, every part of me that is my being, aye, stabbing into my heart and my very soul.

I do not even realize that I have begun to run....

[ 08-16-2002 02:58 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.158
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-16-2002 11:46 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the L-pod slowly descended to rest in the spaceport, Shayla simply gathered her strength about herself as Loban shut down every system. Though her legs were still slightly trembling beneath her, Shayla lept out of the transport with a decieving grace. Her head down and her thoughts pressing outward, she simply began to head for the transport, where she was certain they would be met. She couldn't help but focus only on the one thing she had to do, albeit how terrible a thing it was.

At length they came to the Sith transport. Shayla must have been more weary than she originally realized; for the Sith Lord had already arrived.

Though perhaps he had already arrived because he sensed what might be coming. After all, why would an Adept return so suddenly without her Teacher?

Shayla's greeny-blue eyes met Aelvedaar's, and she knelt out of respect, her dark blonde hair cascading over the sides of her face as she did so. Then she looked back into his molten eyes, answering the unvoiced question.

"We were dealing with matters on Tatooine with Graysith and Recinis behind us in space, when Tyberius, who seems to somehow be able to block even those with the All from sensing inside his ship, simply vanished for reasons unknown to us. As we were preparing to leave the planet to return to the others...."

Shayla paused, deep concern and something else entirely beginning to well up inside her. As she began to speak again, her voice quivered with that which she had to speak, and not for reasons of fatique.

"...Something hit me through that link I share with Graysith. She was...in pain..." Shayla's eyes dropped to the ground as she struggled on. "But now she is gone. I cannot even sense her through the link we share...

I could not find the Sith ship or the Warrior who was with her, and knew I must come back immediately to Prinn'chatka..."

She trailed again, once more seeking to calm the horror which now filled her. A spark of something at last rose up inside to begin replacing the sorrow. Shayla jerked her face up to Aelvedaar so that her green-blue eyes met his yet again, the next words escaping her lips without so much as a quiver, but certainly with an edge of something.

Anger began to rise.

"He has taken her..."

[ 08-16-2002 11:55 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-16-2002 02:57 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis' actions were almost non-visible within the cockpit as he dropped the ship from hyperspace, and scanned the area to see if Loban and shayla had been either ahead of him, or shortly behind...
Nothin, perhaps they did not get my message

imediatly he began approuching the planet, sending out a message to the city...
closing his eyes, the procedures done with his memories replayed the event, repeating it in every different aspect he could find, trying to find some way to be warned should the thing return... Nothing.
Oh but it wasnt nothing foolish one...you indeed had been warned by your senses...as small as the warning may have been...you disregarded it...perhaps you didnt even notice it...but it was there non the less
as yet another thought of self doubt came through his mind he shruged, accepting the blow, for by now he no longer cared about his own feelings...he must get to Aelvadaar, and devise a way to save Graysith...
and where is shayla? they should be right behind me...what if the demon was after her as well? no...it took to much pleasure in pain...in suffering, it would have said something...or is my confusion suffering enough for the beast?

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.132
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-16-2002 03:17 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The words spoken by the Adept shatter my soul.

Immediately I rear back, closing my eyes to sense out, seeking, searching...

...and for the first time in my life, not finding.

Now anger flares volcanically in my being, lashing the very gods for this act they have willed upon my Chosen One, striking out in dire promise that whoever has perpetrated this foul deed shall indeed pay most dearly...

...and whip-cording out a tendril of itself in outraged effrontery.

WHAT OF THE WARRIOR???

That tendril blasts through reality with the ease of the All, arrowing through the Elseness like a sword through flesh, and at length, just coming out of hyperspace; by the very movement of that ship I know it is not merely responding on automated return, and by this know he is within.

Great shaking tremors rack my frame now, and I raise my arms, ignoring the shocked look in the boy's eyes, feeding now off the trepidation and pain and fear and anger I feel in the Adept. My clawed hands fist as I reach out with special talents begun four thousand years ago, and honed to a razor's edge over the past two years I have been with Her.

That wondrous power complies obediently, and I distinctly feel the rending of space and time as the Sith ship is taken from its position coming into K'eel Doban space, and hurried here to its berth. My eyes snap open as I slap the chronotic shielding into place once again.

For a moment I remain thus, still as stone, my entire being roiling as though with the magmas that make up my eyes, my fisted hands threatening the very gods themselves.

Then my horned head tips back.

"RECINIS!!!" the cry rings out like thunder through the All, into his ears, with the overpowering command to come before me where he most surely will come to realize how terribly he has failed in his mission....

[ 08-16-2002 04:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.49
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-16-2002 06:06 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis heard the cry within his head as clearly as if the great sith had been sitting next to him. Once again the fire of his thoughts found a way to show through his green eyes, again bathing the cockpit with an eerie glow.
Quickly inputing commands to the ship he finished the landing and exited the ship, he quickly approuched Aelvadaar, and read easily the look on the siths face.
As he approuched his face took on a similer look of outrage, as if daring the sith to move against him.
he then spoke, his voice coming forth as calmly as if nothing had happened.
"A demon entered the ship when we least expected... i moved against it but it vanished as quickly as it appeared..." his eyes then flared even more greatly as he said his next words "Were can i find the creature? and how may it be defeated?" the question's seemed more like demands as recinis struggled to maintane his compusure, fighting at all costs to not fall to his anger, his failure...
his eyes soon dimmed slightly, his rage once more subsiding, he peered deeply into Aelvadaars volcanic eyes, matching the scornful stare bit for bit, pain easily readable on his features...the failure within his heart now taking hold of his passions, releasing his anger.

A sigh escaped his lips and he looked away for a moment, then bowed slightly.
"I....im sorry..." he his voice now losing the strange calm that had been so clearly readable before.

[ 08-16-2002 06:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.121
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 08-16-2002 07:47 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik was traipsing about the remains of a rather impressive Sith city with the men in Terrin's crew when he was suddenly jolted with something that seemed to be akin to a steady bolt of electricity running through every fiber of his being.

He froze in place. Sought out a bit further to analyze this perplexity.

SHAYLA...???

At the name, a certain brand of personal Hell became his to share with the One whom he loved more than any other. Tendrils of Anger and Agony shot up and down his spine as though they were almost tangible things.

Erik didn't know what happened. But something was terribly wrong. He turned to the others, reading looks ranging from perplexity to concern. "We need to get back to the Temple," was all he said. "Something has gone wrong with the mission..."

Erik trailed at that and then merely turned back on his heel and headed for the Temple to be met with their newest calamity.

[ 08-16-2002 07:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-16-2002 09:46 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I struggle fearsomely with the continued supernova within me, only just barely maintaining enough control to keep from attacking this young warrior altogether. For though warrior he may be, and though I do not have the Claw in my possession, the Dark Lord of the Sorcerer clan I am. I have ways to combat such as he, and with ease.

Then the final words drag from his lips, arrow into my ears, there piercing into awakening the rest he had spoken and bringing them out from beneath the blanket of pure rage that had covered them. I tremble with the effort to back down, and finally allow a modicum of my being turn from its focus upon Recinis and give attention to all he has told me.

Slowly my fists uncurl, the great heat of pain and anger finally begins abatement within. Now I close my eyes as my deepest fear is confirmed: He has sent that imp from Hell to take her...

...to take her.

But where?

My eyes slowly open with my fists, and I bring myself from that inner river of pain and outward yet once more to study the young Sith. I give a little start to realize he is shaking inside as terribly as I am.

I draw in a great breath, then let it out in a silent wail of grief which somehow unites me with Recinis.

"There is nothing you could have done against Roan's familiar," I state, the words heavy with grief. "He is near impossible to strike, let alone kill, even for those who have the power of the All on their side."

I fall silent, now letting my face fall where I scrutinize the ground at our feet, almost as if seeking a solution to make itself evident there upon the pavement. It remains mockingly blank; once again I let out a brief exhalation, then raise my head.

"Come my friends," I finally say heavily. "We must return to the city and determine if there is indeed anything we can do. I fear greatly for my-- for Graysith," I hastily amend, now ushering everyone into the transport. The file inside to sit in a cloud of solemnity. When all have found seating, I close the door, and set the transport back to the tunnel leading to the city proper. The soft blue light does little to ease our mood; sensing us, it dims to a red so quiet as to almost not be noticeable at all.

I let the words I dread to speak enter into that gloomy atmosphere.

"For the first time since I have been with Her; aye, since I even first chose her, I cannot sense her through the All.

"I fear for her..." I repeated, and let myself fall into despair.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.171
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-16-2002 10:04 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis sat within the transport, his eyes closed, once again the memory of what had happened flashed accross his eyelids, once again thoughts of failure rushed through him.
he finely put the images behind him, burring them deep within his very being, yet the thoughts of his failure remained, dispite his many efforts to dispell them.

he then opened his eyes and gazed over to where the great sorcerer sat, Aelvedaars mood no better then his own. for a moment the great sith looked at him, there eyes meeting, and recinis seemed to feel the others worry, or was it still his own? he was not intirly sure on the matter.
he then cast his gaze to shayla, and yet another bit understanding seemed to be imparted upon him by a glance from her.
Closing his eyes once more he made a silent oath to himself.
I will recover graysith...and the demon shall fall before my blade...whether it takes me to the end of my existance...it shall fall before my blade.
at his this his eyes seemed to ignight once more, but he quickly dosed the fires, with a few quick and calming breaths.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.68
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-16-2002 10:11 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban could only sit there, and take all in...

He was really in the dark, he wanted to understand... but, he didn't think it was his place to ask...

Lo-Ban shot a look at Shayla, as if to say WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON!?

[ 08-16-2002 10:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.181
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-16-2002 10:12 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla sat huddled in the transport, her mind aching with the knowledge of the link which had been so suddenly severed between she and her Sister.

Her Sister. The One who had chosen her. Had taught her. Had befriended her and acted on her behalf on more than one occasion.

Had loved her as a Sister?

Shayla's eyes again blurred with moisture as the sorrow consumed her. Then an errant and rather painful thought surfaced.

This is all YOUR fault. Tyberius was looking for YOU. It was because of YOU that Graysith was away from the protection of Prinn'chatka...

Again she shuddered at this thought, unaware if anyone else sensed what she was thinking.

Perhaps if she hadn't become Graysith's Adept, she wouldn't have become endangered...

Shayla paused at that, considering the logic--or lack thereof--of what she was thinking.

Whether you were the Adept or not, YOU weren't the Traitor. And there were many times that Imp of Roan's could have taken your Sister aside from this once; it just happened this time and not at some other.

He would've stopped at NOTHING to take her, if that was what he intended to do.

Mission to discover the Adept's seeker or no.

Aelvedaar's words still had a great impact on Shayla, regardless of this revelation.

"I fear for her."

He fears for her. The mighty Sorceror Lord of the Sith fears for her.

This was beyond anyone's worst nightmare...

WHAT DID LORD ROAN HAVE IN PLANNED FOR HER? AND WHAT HAD HE DONE TO BLOCK HER FROM THE ALL?

Shayla unconsciously pulled her fists into tight balls, letting her sudden upsurge of anger flow. Only with the greatest efforts did she not slam them into the nearest thing--whether inanimate or not.

They simply had to find Graysith NOW. Roan had to be stopped...

[ 08-16-2002 11:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-16-2002 11:19 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once more we retrace our steps into the city of Phrinnchatka, but our footfalls do not ring with the same defiance as before. The walls around us echo that sound with indifference; it matters not to them whether we walk in grim determination or trudge along in the shadow of despondency.

As we come upon the steps leading to the Temple, I put out a restraining hand and place it upon the shoulder of the Adept. She turns eyes so full of loathing and anger that I barely can see the sadness within; I purse my lips and squeeze her shoulder in silent sympathy and unity.

A sigh heaves forth from my breast.

"Call the others to meeting, and seek the ways you can of finding my Chosen One and her child. As for I..."

I now remove my hand, and turning from her begin climbing the steps to the apex of the Temple.

"I shall seek what ways I can in which my sorceries may divulge this mystery to us."

With no more words I depart from her presence, and am soon on my way to my sanctum sanctorum. There, I vow, I shall stay until I have found Her and the child....

[ 08-16-2002 11:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.171
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-16-2002 11:56 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla at length turned to the group which had now gathered, knowing that every single person therein, upon being summoned, had been informed of what had occured. Shayla stood before them all, Erik not far from her side, and made her preamble simple and direct. By all appearances, she was completely unaffected by that which had occurred. Only those who could assess further would ever know the truth.

"By now, all of you know that Graysith has been taken. What you may or may not know is that she was taken from her ship by...Lord Roan's familiar." She paused, the disgust in her voice apparent. "We cannot sense her through the Force or the All, which means that she has somehow been blocked from us. It's possible she's with Lord Roan, and he has them covered with a Chronotic shield..."

At that, Shayla stopped and cocked her head, considering any other possibilities. "It's also possible...since Roan is allied with the one who has Graysith's child, that she has been taken into Vong territory.

"So the question is...how do we find Graysith, or Lord Roan for that matter, without the All to help us?"

Scanning the group, Shayla extended both hands outward as if to encourage responses. Then, she simply waited.

[ 08-17-2002 12:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-17-2002 02:00 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban gave thought to Shayla's words, then...

What if...

"What if we use the device..." came blurting out of Lo-Ban's mouth, eager to help he was...

He awaited Shayla's reply...

[ 08-17-2002 02:01 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-17-2002 02:08 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was actually surprised that Loban, who hadn't even said so much as a word since they had returned to Prinn'chatka, was now offering up advice. She turned and cocked a brow at him.

Perhaps his words had merit. But the device had been flung into Elseness by Graysith...

Shayla paused at that thought.

Well, she had been placed in Elseness by One, and removed by Another...

...and considering that Maladius was Graysith's attacker, there HAD to be a blood sample accessible...

Shayla couldn't help but shudder at that thought.

...but then, that device was linked to the whole Tyberius thing. And Shayla didn't know if it was wise to use that device in order to track Graysith. Might lead this Tyberius person, who for all she knew was ALSO allied to Roan, right to them.

But then, it was DEFINITELY a possibility, if the device could be retrieved...

"That's a possibility," Shayla confirmed, nodding in acknowledgement to Loban, "But that device is linked to Tyberius somehow. I don't know if I dare use it unless there are no other options. Still, it is a good idea."

She turned to one of Terrin's men, the one she vaguely knew from back when they had established Stargazer Corporation. "Matt, can you retrieve a blood sample from the large Sith ship berthed just inside the spaceport?"

Matt nodded just once, stood, and headed out.

"Any other suggestions?" Shayla queried, again scanning the room, looking to everyone, but her gaze at length falling on Recinis's brillant--yet somewhat dulled--green eyes.

[ 08-17-2002 02:35 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 08-17-2002 06:13 AM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Narcolm had watched the events unfold before him from the vantage point of a small and suitably shadowy corner. He simply loomed (and sometimes leaned against the wall when he grew weary of looming) in the darkness, his features shrouded by the shadow. He had watched with subtle contempt as the drunk proceeded to slake his apparently insatiable thirst for alcohol. His contempt had soon turned to disinterest and he had been dozing somewhat when the others had barged into the room, an aura of fear and confusion permeating their being. Now he listened with great fervor to everything that was being said, feeling somewhat guilty that he had not played and active role since the whole ordeal with Galen. Narcolm fround, what he was hearing now was disturbing news. He had only managed to pick up scraps of information regarding this Roan character, and he knew even less about… well he lets just say he wasn’t very well informed on the whole. Lo-ban’s suggestion seemed to be the best that he could think of, even still he was as reluctant as Shayla was to use that device. He frowned more deeply and realized, with some satisfaction, that frowns suited his new body. He yanked his mind off of that vane tangent and back to the matter at hand. There was t he other obvious option, to leave it up to Aelvedaar, it seemed to him that these Siths were skilled at finding people. Had not Naad found him this new body? But the again Naad had that strange book, he had vaguely explained its use to Narcolm who had become rather the taciturn sort since his body swap. The book, he remembered, was supposed to be like a retroactive biography of all the living Siths. It had been created eons ago to aide in the marshalling and organization of the remaining Sith during what Naad had called the “Crisis”. Anyway Naad had been most eager to tell him that there were three full-blooded Siths still in existence, he had even named them. Perhaps Narcolm’s subconscious just wanted the names to match but he was SURE that one of the names that had come up was Roan, and he couldn’t imagine that Roan was a fairly common name. Still, getting a hold of that book involved finding Naad and that guy was as slippery as a river eel. His frown was transformed into a neutral expression, as he remembered the small fragment of Naad that his master had been wearing around his neck when he retired to his bedroom that night on Khar Delba. Yes that was the solution, all he needed to do was go to the temple, find the body of his master, whom he was sure had died in his sleep as Naad had said he might. Once he found that small fragment he could talk to Naad and inquire with him about the wear abouts of Roan, Naad could look in his book and then they would be on the road to… to whatever fate may have in store for them. He grinned, it felt awkward in this foreign host, then stepped out of the darkness. Perhaps, he realized, it would be best if I didn’t divulge the WHOLE story. Yes, he decided, he would simply ask for transport to Khar Delba that was all they really needed to know. He dropped his grin before calling attention to himself by clearing his throat.

“If anyone here would take me to the temple on Khar Delba I have a feeling I could discover the whereabouts of your,” he paused not sure what to call her, then he settled on a word, “Leader.”

--------------------

Rathal

(I AM turning to the Darkside)

"There's room at the top they're telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill."

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.197.188
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-17-2002 11:17 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla turned to regard Narcolm in the corner. She'd been very aware of his presence lurking about, but didn't think he'd contribute.

Buddy, had she been wrong!

What exactly was this all about, though?

She sent a slight smile in his direction, again cocking a brow in question. "Would you care to explain?" she asked. Then, as if sensing his wish to remain somewhat vague, she added, "If you wish not to divulge to everyone here, you can speak with me privately in anteroom."

Shayla didn't know what it was, but she was inclined to trust Narcolm. After all, he had been concerned enough to assist in healing Graysith after she had pulled the entire planet of Khar Delba into Elseness.

She affixed his blue eyes with her greeny-blue pair, and waited for his answer...

[ 08-17-2002 11:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 08-17-2002 11:42 AM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He looked around the room and smirked, it was a cruel expression, unintentionally full of malice. Then he shrugged.

“I have no problem laying my cards on the table, after all I am among allies am I not?” The last statement carried a hint of irony. He brushed his robes aside and fingered the pommel of his Mandalorian sword subconsciously.

“A friend of mine, A long disembodied Sith sorcerer named Freedon Naad, posseses an arcane book called the book of the ages that serves as a retroactive biography of living Sith. It’s written in the ancient language of the Sith but he reads it without difficulty. He could easily tell us about this Roan character. Though I have encountered him in the past,” he shared a knowing glance with Recinis, “and he is no push over. But finding him should be no problem. Naad would be a problem to locate however, I remember him giving a portion of himself to my Master,” he looked at Shayla, “he is the one who assumed my body after I took control of Atma’s. Anyway, all I need to do is go back to the temple on Khar Delba where my Master lies, no doubt dead in his bed, and use the medallion he has to communicate with Naad.”

When he had finished his explanation he stepped forward to where the others sat together and joined the fold. Then he waited to see what Shayla would say, he left out the matter of his stolen spacecraft, but that was between he and Naad. They would settle it on their own time.

--------------------

Rathal

"There's room at the top they're telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill."

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.103.181
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-17-2002 03:08 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This was important, if not for reasons of tracking down Roan, then for reasons of making an ally who had something they absolutely did not need floating around for...others to grab.

Shayla stood quietly for a few moments, turning over the two suggestions that had been supplied so far, analyzing the strengths and weaknesses in both of them.

In order to have the best possible success, they would need BOTH ideas. The locator could help them find Graysith, but finding Roan would be necessary as well because they couldn't assume that Graysith was with him.

The Book of Ages would have to be found...or at least accessed, and the locator would have to be retrieved from Elseness.

"I think a combination of both plans will gain the best results," Shayla said aloud. "But first I must confer with Aelevadeer. I do not have the talents necessary to retrieve Loban's locator, and we must consider the possibility of Graysith being in Vong space. While we could certainly enter Vong territory via Vector Prime, it could take simply years to reach her once we are in that Galaxy.

"That is clearly not acceptable. This will take the skills of the Sorceror. I will go divuluge these things to Him and see if He has determined anything yet himself.

Meanwhile--" she paused and, in a surprising move whirled to face Terrin Danner, "I'd like you to consider the best coordination of all which we must accomplish and as well consider our approach. If we enter Roan's domain, it's going to be largely out of your hands, but if we enter Vong space--"

She paused again, her look clearly denoting that she expected Terrin to take charge if that were the case, "We must consider the approach and mode of travel."

Terrin nodded to that, and at that time Matt returned, carrying something.

"The sample has been retrieved?" Shayla asked, now turning to the red-headed man. He simply nodded.

"Good," she replied. "I shall return shortly. Continue with your discussion, so that we may coordinate all that we have decided upon."

This order given, Shayla departed the room altogether and begain to climb the steps to the apex of the Temple, yet upon arriving she could not find Aelevadaar anywhere. Knowing he had probably gone to quarters that she was aware of to seek the whereabouts of his Chosen One, Shayla sat on the rooftop of the temple, letting the breeze blow her hair as she sat, knowing that she only had one option if they were going to use that locator.

She reached out into the All...

As molecules move through time, they all move together. Between each second is a series of nanoseconds, and between each nanosecond is something even smaller than that; until at last time is divided into something so small that it is moving at such a rate that, if someone were placed within that incremental span of time everything around them would stand still.

In that place, between the smallest measurement of time and the next, existed the Elseness in which Loban's locator had been placed. Shayla reached out, between one nanosecond and the next, to retrieve the locator from its secure hiding place...

[ 08-17-2002 11:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-17-2002 03:23 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis stood suddenly and glanced about the room before nodding and saying "I will return shortly, i need to go someplace where i can think"
He then turned and walked away, going through passage way's at random untill he finaly had exited the temple, as he walked through the empty city he looked absently about him, seeming to be searching for something, though what it was even he was not entirly sure.
He finaly found a large squair platform, that stood a few feet above the rest of the ground, which he guessed had served as a meeting place, or perhaps a stage of some sort.
Finding his place on it, he bagan slowly putting himself through steps of an anciant art, his arms extendending and returning slowly, his stances changing as though he slide across the floor.
after a time of this his body began to relax, and shortly after that, his mind did likewise, his anger slowly slipped away from him, and all thoughts of the world seemed to vanish, untill finaly, he was within a strange trance, his body still moving, but his mind not aware of any of it.

Within his mind recinis stood silently, the dark about him intense, the world had ceased to exist as far as he was concerned.
The mental image looked about its suroundings, untill finaly he seemed to be satisfied that there was nothing left of the outside world to disturb him.
Slowly Recinis mental form sat down, and began meditating, a strange form of concentration that he had been required to perfect before he was placed within the sorcerers sleep.

as recinis' body went through there relaxing movments, and his mind meditated within itself, he slowly fell into the deepest calm that was possible for the warrior to achieve, thoughts glided easily through him and he quickly analized each of them, and discarded any that had no baring untill he was left with only himself.

Recinis suddenly appeared within himself yet again, and he called forth the memory of graysiths capture. but this time he was a spectator, watching from the side.

The memory played itself several times, and recinis attempted to learn all he could from it, trying to find a flaw in the demons actions, studding the things movments and behaver. After he had learn all he could from that, he bagan looking for clues as to what could be done, but nothign showed itself in the memory.

The image of the cockpit suddenly melted away, and recinis stood in complete darkness once again.

Suddenly an image of the strange device that loban had possesed appeared in front of him, floating pointlessly, he reached out, and grasped the metalic object, turning it over within his gaze, taking in everythign he could about it, considering its uses.

-a trackign device of somesort-

-a blood sample, no doubt maladius had spilled blood, but it was likely to be tainted...and of no use to them should the thing require blood...-

suddenly another memory played itself, and he watched from a third person view as he cleaned graysiths cut, and daftly discarded a cloth that had her blood on it, he then watched as he placed the bandage about her hand.

-there is our blood sample, all happens for a reason...now this one becomes apparant-

[ 08-17-2002 09:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.65
Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 08-17-2002 07:10 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Freedon smiled as his stolen craft blasted off into orbit. He navigated the ship towards Khar Delba, where he would find another fragment of himself. He felt exited, it was a foriegn feeling, one he had not felt in many eons. He didn't like it, not one bit. He slouched back in the pilot's seat, pulling the book of ages out from under the seat and opend it in his lap. One should always have somthing sensatonal to read on long space jornies. He opened to a random page and was about to read when he thought the better of it. Buisness first he picked up his comlink. In his incredibly long existence, he had long sinse stopped calling it a life, he had only had two occasions where he had needed the services of a mercenary or bounty hunter. On both occasions he had called the same three people, they were an incredibly capable group, even by Naad's high standards.

It didn't take long to enlist the help of Ysla's band, they had been having a slow month and were all too willing to accept this job, despite its similarity to a search and recovery job. He had told them to go to Coruscant and seek out a man named Sorben Tarnus and ask him what had become of Gravin Dark's lightsaber.

Naad chuckled, soon he would have two pieces of his former self. He smile the happy smile of a man who has had a fufilling meal after a long period of hunger. He already had one body, and soon he would have three. Definatly better than life as a Rock.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.104.174
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 08-17-2002 07:53 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin leaned forward upon the couch which he was sitting, easily taking the role of leader, mulling through what needed to be discussed before he spoke.

They needed to coordinate what they were doing. Place things in priority. And, as Shayla said, discuss modes of transportation. And that was his stock and trade.

The locator would be retrieved before the book, so they would probably know Graysith's whereabouts long before they would Roan's. So the question was, should they proceed with finding Graysith after establishing where she was through the locator, or should they retrieve the information concerning Roan's whereabouts using the Book of Ages before they went after her?

Terrin thought about this only a moment, then he spoke. "Although we will have the locator and possibly the information regarding Graysith's whereabouts before we have the Book of Ages, my thoughts are that we must also retrieve the information about Roan's location before going after her. This will determine whether we will be facing Roan head on when we go after Graysith or whether we will be battling on more than one front. That information is necessary before we decide who goes where and in what sort of ship.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?" Terrin asked, opening up the floor for comments and suggestions.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 08-17-2002 08:03 PM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Narcolm thought for a minute, rubbing his chin as if to advertise the fact that he was mulling this over. He resisted the urge to say "You'r the boss." and instead replied,

"I cannot find any flaws in that plan, though I feel that if we are to retrieve the book someone ought to be dispatched to do so imediatly before somthing happens to the stone. There is also the question of how we are going to find transport to Vong territory in the event it is nessesary."

--------------------

Rathal

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.197.44
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 08-17-2002 08:18 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
At that comment, Erik finally spoke up. "I'm sure I can fish up some Vong transportation through Stargazer Corporation. Might even get our hands on some ooglith masquers."

He shuddered at the thought of that, having heard stories of how the things attached themselves to ones body.

"I think we'll have no problems in that area."

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05