my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » When The Bough Breaks.... (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: When The Bough Breaks....
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-25-2002 01:14 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban nodded at Erik,"I thank you..."

Lo-Ban was quickly out of there sight...
ah.... warm water... it has been a while...

Lo-Ban took quite a long bath, he even fell into a slumber... for the first time, he could remember his dream... he was in a large room, very dark, he could hear only one thing... a hissing sound, coming from all directions... 'it is your destiny' over and over, his uncle came to him, from the darkness... he handed him his saber,'it is your destiny'

Lo-Ban shot up from the tub... He couldn't believe what he had just witnessed in his dream...

He quickly dried, and went to search for something to wear... he came across a jumpsuit Erik had designated for him, he quickly put it on...a bit tight... but considering the alternative...

Lo-Ban looked at his wrists,"Not used to seeing that much..." He then tugged at the collar, and quickly gave it no more consideration, it would do...

Lo-Ban came to where he had left his 'kilt' and his uncles saber... he placed his saber on the jumpsuit's belt, and exited the room...

[ 08-25-2002 01:15 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.99
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-25-2002 02:46 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith remained at the balcony railing, her back still to the others and apparently utterly ignoring them. Indeed for a moment she did let their words fade into obscurity as she once again turned her thoughts inward.

So-- empty, not to feel the subtle splendor of the All. Once a constant and comforting blanket, it now seemed as though that blanket had been ripped off from around her, leaving her chilled and shivering in its wake.

A frisson of ice did ripple up and down her spine at that thought, and she wrapped her arms about herself reflexively. For a moment she wavered, her chin trembling...

So... tired. So very, very tired. Perhaps it is all for nothing. Perhaps now that the Child was born, the coronet could be passed along to another. Perhaps she was really needed no longer as the Chosen One...

...before thoughts of tiring strength gravitated even further back in time to when that strength was fresh and new and undefeatable. An image flashed from nowhere, dancing in front of her eyes, taunting her: an image of herself, standing before an ancient and splendid Throne, upon which One sat in utter assurety of His own strength, eyes the turquoise blue of a distant and exotic sun.

What was it she had done? Strode up to him, her head held high, her chin leading the way like a herald before her; she had come to a fearless halt before him. What were the words she had cried out into that strangely echoing silence?

Ahhh... "I have, at last, arrived. To all the pale Jedi, I lift my face and cry, Beware! For the Universe is in blackness, and I have touched the Night! Who is here to begin the confrontation?"

How fierce she was in her convictions. How utterly unmoving in them. How she had stood up before him, and even against him when the circumstances had warranted it.

Him... her Dark Heart.

Who was dead.

Now her head dropped down so that her hair hid her face, and for the first time truly faced that fact head-on. A great ball of icy fire rose up within her, spreading out to engulf her entire body, and yet another flood of tears welled up in her eyes. For a moment she remained absolutely silent, sobbing out her grief, old despair, and every last bit if uncertainty she had been unconsciously holding within her since her Lord had died. All the more painful it was, for to her, he had truly died twice.

At length the sobs choked into nonexistence. She stood sniffing quietly, contemplating, considering further.

What would her Dark Heart think of her now?

Her head flung up, her eyes iced to amethyst. This would not be her legacy to him.

Deep within her, a little door quietly closed. Behind that door the grew a great rush of resolve, which now flooded through her to replace the chills that had so recently racked her small frame.

The All or not... she was still the Chosen Daughter of the Sith.

And alone or not, there was still a destiny to fulfill.

Now she turned abruptly round, strode back into the bedchamber, and came to where Recinis was questioning Erik. Across the corridor, the young man named Loban was exiting the room.

"Is there something the matter here, Recinis?" she asked turning to him, new fire and strength flashing in her eyes.

[ 08-25-2002 02:57 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-25-2002 03:04 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked at graysith for a moment, then shook his head.
"Erik was curious to see if you had arrived, and was curious to see how you were doing."
Recinis then looked accross the hall as Loban walked about, and a bit of a frown crossed his features.
What is he doing? one of these day's he's gonna get himself into trouble that he cant get out of...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.86
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-25-2002 03:18 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith turned strangely gleaming eyes toward her protector, then to where Erik stood in something like quiet surprise.

"I am here, as you can see, and quite fine," she offered, spreading her hands out to each side, a smile on her face. Then she seemed to start a bit, and looked down upon herself. Although her wounds had been taken care of, she was still dressed only in the gown she had donned before she had left Phrinnchatka. Bloodstains marred its midnight beauty, and great rents in the silken fabric revealed just a bit too much of herself than she perhaps would have liked.

"But I would like to clean and refresh myself with a bit of rest," she continued smoothly, now turning back to Recinis, completely ignoring the tears in the gown, letting her demeanor transform the tattered garment into the robes of an empress.

"I believe I shall retire, and shall seek my Sire when I rise. Surely by then the Adept will have been recovered."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-25-2002 03:36 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis nodded briefly, then walked from the room, he turned shortly, a small smile on his face. "sleep well" he then turned and went down the hall a way's, and leaned against the wall...waiting.
Suddenly, he seemed to think better of it, and changed location, walkign to loban, he nodded at the younge man.

"Greetings..." he muttered to him, a half grin on his face.
"what exactly is it, that caused you to lose your clothing?" he fished, a bit of a confused expresion on his face.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-25-2002 04:02 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban paid no attention to the inquisitive Recinis... He turned and walked down the passage way, back towards where the men were waiting...

Lo-Ban ever aware of the situation, waited to see how Recinis would react...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.99
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-25-2002 04:14 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"very well, young loban, if you wish not to speak, i shall simply go about my bussiness." he then continued on his way. heading for the city.
"Should you get bored, i could use someone to dual with... I will be in the squar outside if you are interested." he then walked off silently.

--------------------

---BMG

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-25-2002 04:20 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban smiled at Recinis' last words...

That's exactly what I wanted to hear...

Lo-Ban followed him outside, and waited...

[ 08-25-2002 04:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 08-25-2002 02:30 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik merely shook his head at the departing young Loban.

Why do I get the feeling this one is going to get himself into trouble, AGAIN?

As if she somehow heard his thoughts, Izzy squawked again behind him. He turned to eye her. "I bet you are in need of some power," he said suddenly. She whistled something that could be none other than an affirmative.

"Allright then. That can be arranged. Besides, I have something I've been needing to do myself..."

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-25-2002 03:06 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn was sitting outside near the courtyard meditating when a niggling indicated the approach of two others, both recognizable to him. Before diverting from his meditation to acknowledge either of these two, however, Shawn reached out to one of the two just a little bit, seeking and assessing. Even in his concentration, Shawn couldn't help but frown.

There was something dark and elusive lurking in this one.

Shawn wondered if Loban was aware of this darkness within him, or if it was all subconscious. He also had to wonder if it was this, rather than his experience with Tyberius, that fueled Loban's unreasonable distrust in the Sith.

Maybe this was something that should be explored further, Shawn thought.

Shawn considered this, and at length opened his eyes and stood. He approached Recinis and Loban, who were standing in the center of the court square.

Dueling? Shawn wondered. For someone who has never even trained, this could be difficult.

But then, for someone who had never trained, how had Loban come across a lightsaber to begin with?

Shawn again frowned as this new realization hit home.

Something about this simply did not mesh.

He kept that thought to himself, then nodded once to Recinis, and once to Loban. The former merely nodded back, the latter responded with something that could be approximated as aloofness.

Shawn simply ignored this and folded his arms, waiting to see what would happen.

[ 08-25-2002 03:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-25-2002 04:29 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis turned to regard loban for a moment, and then looked through the corner of his vision at shawn.
His eyes suddenly became fully blank, his face lacking all emotion. He quietly removed his robes, leavign himself with only his undershirt, and pants.
He then removed his weapons, and tossed them to the side.
WIth one final breath, his mind became blank, falling into a deep focus.
He then walked over and picked up his sword, examining it he nodded, and faced loban once again.
His eyes focused in on lobans, Demanding the boy's gaze to be locked within his own.
"tell me loban, Why are you here?" his voice came out without a trace of anything that could hint at his reasons for asking the question.
"and tell me... What weapon do you wield?"
he continued on, as he slowly entered a strange stance, which seemed to leave him open on all sides, though, the focused look in his eyes clearly stated, that such things were simply an illusion, and only a fool would take him as defensless.

And loban was that fool.
In his current state Recinis could easily feel the boy's emotions, his thoughts held darkness... and to a warrior, such things meant only a quick defeat... For where there was rage, no focus could be gained, and where there was no focus, There was no victory.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.165
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 08-25-2002 07:23 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow the Dark Lord of the Sorcerer clan into the The Cradle Will Fall thread in this forum, thank you.))

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.192
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-25-2002 09:40 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Please follow Lo-Ban to 'the cradle will fall' thread... thank you...))
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-25-2002 10:08 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Follow Shawn Petrolu to "The Crade Shall Fall" in the same forum. Thank you.)))

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 08-25-2002 10:09 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Follow Erik Kartan to "The Cradle Shall Fall in the same forum. Thank you.)))

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-25-2002 10:25 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: WHat everyone else said...))

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.42
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-25-2002 10:44 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Wakes up and looks around, shivering in the hollow emptiness of this thread... Heads off to The Cradle Will Fall thread where everyone else is....))

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05