my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Dark Shadows Rising (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Dark Shadows Rising
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 03-07-2008 01:01 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar raised an eyebrow and looked at Shayla and Erik.

“Is there a reason I couldn’t go with you?” he asked. “I have been wanting to get to the Sith worlds, you know, and would rather go there where I might do a little more good. I mean, I don’t know what I could add in the hunt for Yaoksi, but I might be able to help Gray and Phal more.”

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-07-2008 01:12 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I turned to Terrin, a frown creasing my brow. Truth be told, I wasn't too keen on us splitting our united front, but then--

"Well," I opened with, as I chewed my cheek with debate.

"I'm really not too happy with us splitting up, but considering the past I've experienced you guys will probably understand why."

I paused again, now taking a careful sweep of the ships that were spread out for further scrutiny. For some odd reason, all I could envision was my little Jester, and all the scrapes she had pulled me and Sorben through.

Sorben...

I winced inwardly, and shot a somewhat guilty look Terrin's way. Thank Khaandon he didn't notice; letting go a quick sigh of relief, I returned my attention to the subject at hand.

"Well!" I finally began. "It seems we have two major priorities. Numbero Uno..." I bowed extravagantly toward Panthar. "...is to returen to Khar Delba and reunite with the others, and let them know what we have found. Not to mention find out their own findings."

Hiccup.

I couldn't help grimacing at my latter statement, figuring the drinks had done more damage to my mental processes than I thought. Oh well; onward and all that, stalwart soldier...

"But dang it all, guys, we can't forget Yaoksi. I mean, I figure we owe him something, even if..."

I stopped abruptly, and my former look of quasi-guilt segued into a real one as I shot a look toward Terrin.

"We still owe him, and need to get him asap. So why not this:

"Why don't Terrin and I hustle on to the system Shayla has found, and see if we find him there. Meanwhile, you guys all go on to Khar Delba, and start pow-wowing with Lord Aelvedaar.

"Maybe by the time we all get back and join you someone will have come up with a reasonable battle plan."

And Khaandon be willing, that certain someone won't happen to be me...

[ 03-07-2008 01:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 03-07-2008 01:24 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Yeah,” said Panthar. “What she said… but without the hiccups. That’s assuming that everyone has made it back, but cripes, they’ve had enough time by now. They’re probably wondering where we are, in fact. I like this plan!”

Panthar looked down at his feet and shuffled a bit.

“And if they haven’t made it back yet,” he added, “then at least maybe I could see if I can help with things on K’eel Doba maybe. I mean, if Gray and Phal aren’t back with Aelvedaar yet, then with Shayla also being gone then the person who holds the most rank there now is… well, ShaRhylla. And if things there run like this communication device thingie I have, then the Sith could be in a state of confusion right now.”

Panthar shifted again.

"So, um, if Phal and Gray have made it back then I'll be involved in peace talks... anybody have anything you want me to tell Sorben Tarnus? Namely, um, one of the things he wanted when Phal and I ran into him before was, um, well, his daughter."

[ 03-07-2008 01:29 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-07-2008 01:35 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shot a bleary-eyed look at Big Red, and then...

"Pfft!" I garbled, bending over at the waist.

"He thinks he's going to sweet-talk that hellcat, oh yeah, RIGHT!"

For a moment I let myself go in peals of inward laughter, then finally managed to get myself under some semblance of control. With that came a surprising moment of crystalline clarity.

"Hey," I offered, casting a look about. "If all the powers everyone has are kaput, well...

"Wouldn't this mean ShaRhylla's powers are gone too? And hey, what about Sissy-Poops'?"

I blinked, wishing for all the universe I had another cold one in my hand, for suddenly I wasn't much liking where my thoughts were taking me...

[ 03-07-2008 01:36 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 03-07-2008 01:41 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Well,” said Pantar, “that would put everyone on a level playing field, I guess. But it might help in our negotiations if Tarnus doesn’t know that powers are kaput. But anyway, I guess we’ll play it by ear. I had to deal with some pretty stern fogies when I did my studies at the academy, I bet they could give Tarnus a run for his money, and I might do OK. But we need to get there first! When can we leave?”

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 03-07-2008 07:16 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As soon as we both get ships, get them stocked..."

He trailed, eyeballing an eager looking Jasyn, "...with supplies!" he ended with, knowing that Jasyn was thinking of something much more...

...liquor-ish.

"Now if you will come with me," he continued, turning to Shayla and Erik," we'll get you a ship while Galen and the boys decide what ship they want, we'll get it loaded, and then get out of here."

---------------------------

Approximately one standard hour later, with two ships fully-loaded with survival supplies, edibles, and drinks...

...of all varieties...

...they were ready to head out. Terrin had been assured that the Hornett's hyperdrive had just burned out and needed to be replaced. So, knowing that the ship should be back to full operating power in a couple of days under Aaron's watch, everyone went about their business getting whatever they needed from their designated quarters (drinks included for some) and were told to head for the docking bay whenever they were ready for imminent departure.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-07-2008 07:39 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Quicker than I could flee from a rampaging ronto I found myself comfortably seated at the helm of Eagle II, a cuppa caf in hand to try and clear my head while I waited for our clearance data to download. After taking a big gulp of the hot caf, I leaned forward and flicked open intership communications, calling out to the sleekly updated personal transport the others had all piled into.

"Harrier, this is Eagle II," I sent, not only as just a test but actually seeking to speak to Stargazer. When a muffled reply came to my ears, I pressed on.

"Shayla, if you haven't already done so, go ahead and upload those coordinates to the central database on Hornett. I can download 'em from here; just gimme the file name.

"And hey guys, don't forget K'kihl. I mean, yeah, I know Hornett's got a top-notch crew, but even the highest mountain can be overtopped... and that crew would be two hundred percent more efficient with the ol' Cricket aboard.

"Trust me!"

With that I released the comm-toggle and settled back in my seat. All comfy cozy again, despite a headache which was trying to make itself known somewhere in the vicinity of my left temple, I returned to the task at hand.

Which was waiting for permission to debark.

[ 03-07-2008 07:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-07-2008 07:52 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was busily warming mini transport and programming coordinates when Galen's message came through. She quickly hit the reply button. "I've got the coordinates in my head," she said, pursing her lips then. "Don't forget that there were three potential planets that matched the star system, so you're going to get three. Of the three the Belkadan and the planet out in wild space near Vector Prime are close together, so you'll probably want to start there first."

Finishing with that and sending the message off to the other ship, Shayla keyed in the coordinates and transferred them to the Hornett's database.

Then she sent another comm message. "Allright, coordinates uploaded," she said, returning to her business of finalizing departure procedures, coordinates for Khar Delba programmed in to the Harrier's navcomputer.

[ 03-07-2008 08:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 03-07-2008 08:40 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar paced back and forth in the hangar as Shayla and Erik worked to prepare for departure. When at last the word was given, he boarded and sat back in the seat as countless scenarios ran through his head as to what to expect.

If the Sith worlds were not affected by the loss of powers, then life became much easier. Since life was never easy these days, he decided to assume the worse as to the power situation. Logic pointed to visiting Khar Delba first, for the dual reasons of checking on the progress of Graysith, Phalomir, and Aelvedaar and to provide Shayla and Erik information regarding their son.

But then what? What if nobody was back yet?

“That’s a bridge we’ll cross when we come to it,” Panthar said absent-mindedly. He realized he was talking to himself and glanced around to see if anyone was listening. Then an idea hit him.

“Hey Shayla,” he called up to the pilot’s area. “I meant to ask you something a while back but never got the chance. One of those planets you gave Galen the coordinates to, the remote one, do you think it’s in an orbit capable of giving it an arid environment? I mean, more to the point, could it have a desert?”

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-07-2008 08:51 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla quirked a brow curiously. "Sure," she then responded, shrugging a bit. "The wild space one in particular. What are you thinking?" As she asked that simple little question, departure coordinates registered from the Hornett's main command deck.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-07-2008 09:02 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Wild space near Vector Prime, oh goody," I muttered to myself even as our departure clearance made itself known. For a bare moment I hesitated; then before I could change my mind I quickly typed in the coordinates for Deepest, Darkest Space.

Might as well get the tough one out of the way first, I reasoned to myself while outside the little ship the unheard blare of warning klaxons sent crewmembers scurrying pellmell for cover. At length, the various and sundry red lights that were blinking both inside Eagle II and without switched to green, and a few unsecured bits of paperwork of one kind or another shot past our viewport, announcing the fact that the great hangar bay hatch had opened. I drew in a deep breath, and gave Terrin a sidelongs glance.

"Well, here we go again!"

With that we were history, fleeing into the unimaginable between-ness that was hyperdriven space, our destination something I had only heard mumbled about from the lips of some of the most terrified spacers I had ever managed to run into.

((OOC: Follow Terrin and Galen as they retreat Into the Blue in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

[ 03-07-2008 09:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 03-07-2008 09:09 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Well,” said Panthar. “I know a lot has been happening since I first mentioned this, but one of the reasons I wanted to find Galen was to get her to help you transcribe coordinates from Sith logs. The reason I wanted that was because my notes regarding my research on an ancient advanced race – which I believe to be the Sith – were left on a remote planet. All of my notes, including the coordinates of that planet, were encrypted in my notebook.”

Panthar inhaled deeply and continued, not letting his anxiety through. So he thought.

“I believe that the site I discovered was the place where Trelanicus, the fabled anti-magick, anti-All, and so forth, Sith guy who did everything he could to keep the Sith from relying too much on magick. It was only after I met Phalomir that those pieces fell into place, but if I could locate that planet again then I think we might find some things to help us against the Vong.”

He cleared his throat, then continued.

“Now, I don’t recall the exact coordinates of that planet, since things got a little bit scrambled when Phal occupied my mind. But I do think it might be in the sector you are talking about. Maybe Galen can check something for me when she goes out there. I know my notebook isn’t there anymore, because Aelvedaar showed me where it was in his crystal viewer thingie – which reminds me, we really need to get that back – but if she can check out this planet then it would be really nice. Some of my digging equipment was set up with a locator chip, and she might be able to tune in to the range. It's um... let's see, it was the same as my birthday... oh right, it's 789.231.”

[ 03-07-2008 09:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-07-2008 09:31 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I'll comm that information to them," Shayla replied, opening a comm frequency then and doing just that before turning her attentions to the navboard and the awaiting departure vector. Like it was nothing more than second nature--and it was--Shayla lifted the Harrier, moved her into open space, and easily guided her into hyperspace beyond.

(((OCC: Follow Shayla, Panthar, and the EE boys to Another Shade of All in the Jedi Praxeum/Sith Temple forums, thank you.)))

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 07-21-2008 08:45 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: This message is incoming from The Weight of the Worlds in this forum.))

Captain Aaron Barnes, this is Erik Kartan, wishing to speak with you regarding the sell of Stargazer Corporation. I once sold her to you out of the necessity to protect my wife.

I would like to do business with you once more, and buy the Corporation back. The circumstances surrounding my request are of a personal nature, but I know now more than ever that I need the business. If you are willing and still able to discuss a sell, please respond and I would be glad to set up a time to meet with you for official business. You can contact me at comm frequency 111248. Until then, Kartan out.

[ 07-21-2008 08:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 07-22-2008 11:21 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron was sitting in his office working, overseeing the final repairs on the Hornett when Erik's message came through. He sat back, listening to it, pursing his lips thoughtfully. Truthfully, he wasn't too surprised at Kartan's request. Keying in the comm frequency that he had been given, he began to make a response.

Mr. Kartan, I am open to discussing a sell back to you. Truthfully the company has been running itself, and I know little of the true business. I did it to you as a favor in the time you really needed one...

...and honestly I'm surprised you haven't made this request sooner. I do of course need to make some money off this sell, and perhaps something of a business agreement as well. The Hornett is currently orbitting Degobah. You can make the trip out here to deal with me in person, or we can do so via the holonet. Just let me know. Barnes out.

Sending the transmission off then, Aaron went back to his work and awaited whatever response would come.

[ 07-23-2008 01:08 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 08-01-2008 06:43 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Transmission incoming from Weight of the Worlds in this same forum.)))

I prefer to do business in person, for more than one reason, he opened with, not explaining further. I will be leaving Corellia in a standard hour and expect the trip to take at least a day and a half. I will open communicatios with you once I revert to realspace near your ship. Until then, Kartan out.

[ 08-01-2008 06:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 09-02-2008 12:28 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Eagle II comes in from Into The Blue in the "CSWU" forums, bringing all aboard with her, thank you.))

I fled to the little bridge area, arriving just in time to see the realspace conversion signal blinking an insistent green. Swooshing into my seat, I played with the controls until outside Eagle II the stars resumed their normal colors and shapes. Seeking outward with long-range sensors then, I found papa bear and squirted off a docking request.

"Hornett, this is Eagle II, requesting approach vector to dock."

It didn't take long for a return; moments later I had input the coordinates and had our vessel bee-lining in to bed down in the great belly of the SSD. It was as I was rising to inform the others of this that another message came in, one surprisingly from Jasyn.

I frowned when I heard it.

That didn't sound good; what in Hell's Seven Circles was going on now?

I paused a moment, waffling. Then I drew in a breath and took the responsibility for an immediate answer. I'm sure Terrin would agree with me on this one, just as I was sure Jasyn wouldn't want to hang around waiting until I'd cleared it with him before responding.

I reached for the verbal transmitter, but paused again. Call it another one of my hunches, but something said, keep it quiet. Thus I chose a seldom used text option to reply to him.

((OOC: Replying to Jasyn in Another Shade of All in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

"Jasyn, this is Galen. I am answering in lieu of Terrin, but will clear with him and send further information if there is any.

"Unless your life is under immediate threat, sit tight and play it cool, buddy. If the Sith are suddenly going predatory on ya, running might induce them to chase.

"I'll inform Terrin of your situation as stated; meanwhile, I'm sure he'd appreciate a bit more information than Aeylmaar 'turning sour.' If you possibly can, send a little more detail. Use personal comm-links; we're due to debark on Hornett in a few minutes, and won't be aboard Eagle II to receive your reply.

"Watch your back, and wait for further contact.

"Galen on Eagle II, out."

I sent the message winging along the spaceways with a touch of a finger, sighed, made one final check on our actual docking ETA, and rose from my seat. Looks like we had about twenty more minutes before being snagged by docking tractors; plenty of time to change and inform the others of this latest little possible snafu.

I hastened back to where the others were still sitting, and quickly informed them of what had happened.

"I told him to sit tight, and I sent it text mode in case there were big ears nearby," I finished, smoothing my hands on the front of my tunic to remind myself that, much as I relished the silky feel of its material, it was time to get back into warrior mode. Which meant my flightsuit.

I nodded to Link.

"Looks like we'll have you aboard and in surgery within the hour, kiddo," I took it upon myself to say, waggling my brows at Terrin to remind him that he could get on the horn and make the final preparations.

Me? I had a ship to land.

With that I headed back to our quarters, changed quickly, and returned to the bridge area. There I took my seat, ready and waiting to implement the final docking procedures only living flesh could provide in order to actually, and safely, touch down.

It didn't take long before I felt the solid whump of deck beneath our hull.

Fighting against a sudden constriction in my chest in regard to where we'd all eventually be going from here, I flipped open the inter-ship comm.

"Guys, we're here. Let's get this show on the road!"

With that I shut down Eagle II's systems, rising to my feet for a final time to the tune of whistle snd sizzles, as she vented the excess energy she had built up into the great docking bay where we had finally come to rest. My last command to her before she went to sleep for the duration was to ask her to open her hatch; I did this with a polite stab of a particular button.

Then I went to that hatch, watching while it slid upward, and waited there until the others arrived.

[ 09-02-2008 12:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 09-03-2008 06:17 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link faked a smile for the benefit of the others. while she was grateful for all they had done and the face she was about to get a new arm, she wasn't happy about having to need one. When the vong came she would find a way to make them all pay for what they did to her.

After felling the dull thud of the ship as it made contact with the deck of the hanger she moved to the hatch and waited for the others. While she had been on the vessel before she was still unfamiliar with its design and didn't have the benefit of a datapad with the ships schematics to help guide her to the med bay. Beside on a ship like this there are bound to be dozens of med bays.

When Link arrived at the hatch only Galen was standing there so Link again assumed her fake smile just wanting this whole ordeal to be over with. Link held out the datapad that Galen lent her before for the round table discussion that had just concluded.

“Here the datapad,” Link started. “I organized all the data into different categories and wrote a simple search program for it. Just plug it in to any system connected to the holonet and hit execute and it will do the rest. It should be done by the time I'm out of surgery and can do a more complex search but it should at least give you a starting point.”

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.79.15.116
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-04-2008 09:03 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Galen took care of landing Eagle II, Terrin made it his business to verify the preparations for Link in the medcenter were made and that medtechs-=and only the best ones would do-- were ready and waiting. Only once he'd made a few comms and felt certain everything was set up did he then head to the hatch where Galen and Link were already standing.

"Medcenter is prepped and waiting," he announced then, hearing footsteps of gathering people outside the hatch of Eagle II. "I promise you'll be in the best care, and we'll all be sticking close by," he said then, knowing that these weren't just idle words but the honest truth.

Once everyone gathered at the hatchway, Terrin took the initiative to motion everyone to go on down the ramp, heading down after most to meet an awaiting Aaron Barnes and a small team of personnel.

Terrin took a moment to make sure that everyone knew everyone, then shifted to his primary concern for the moment, which was getting Link into surgery. He didn't want to leave her waiting any longer than necessary.

"Let's get you up to the surgery unit," he said then, looking at Link as he spoke to her, knowing that Aaron would take care of giving anyone who stayed behind quarters so they could clean up. Even so, he suspected most of them would be trekking along to the medcenter...

...and he certainly was going to be heading there to make sure Link was well taken care of. Nodding towards the turbolifts waiting just beyond the main hangar bay they were berthed in, Terrin then began guiding Link and anyone who joined them to the medcenter.

[ 09-04-2008 09:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 09-06-2008 01:41 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin led them through the belly of the ship, precisely navigating its maze like corridors. The more they walked the more and more Link recognized the path they where taking, they where headed to the same med bay Thea had used. Upon their arrival the medics and separated Link from the others guiding her to a small room and giving her a hospital gown to change into. Carefully removing the tunic that Galen had given her she folded it up neatly and placed it on a table before donning the hospital gown.

After changing the medics had her lay down on a table so they could preform a full body scan, Link knew when it was finished by the sudden gasps coming from some of the medics when they saw the damage that had been done to her throughout her life. If they were going to ask questions about what the scans reveled they were promptly cut off by Link's if you ask I will stab you look. After the exam was complete they led Link out to the operating area where everyone was waiting. Ignoring what instructions the medics where giving her Link approached the group stopping a few feet away.

“Terrin,” Link started. “Thank you for all of this. Galen, Yaoksi would have found out anyway when he saw the scans the medics preformed but try to explain the mark I have and why I can't get rid of it. And Yaoksi.”

Link rushed up to Yaoksi and clung to him.

“Your like the big brother everyone wishes they could have. After this is over I'll answer any questions you have.”

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 213.255.230.131
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 09-07-2008 12:25 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
To say that I was surprised by Link's sudden outburst was more than an understatement. In fact, and taking into consideration what I'd seen of the tough-gal exterior she carried around with her the greater percentage of the time, the picture we presented at that moment might even be thought of as oxymoronish. But my surprise was suddenly invaded by something just as unexpected coming from within, something I'd only felt a couple times in my own life.

My arms instinctively tightened around her small, furry body; my eyes closed as memories of Nassy and Thea rose up to dance upon my inner lids.

Thea had been in my care, and I'd grown to love her like a daughter. Nassy too, the really first love in my life; she'd depended on me as well, although in her case she had proven herself to be an extremely tough and independent-minded partner. But partnering with me automatically put her in my care, at least to my way of thinking.

And look what had happened to them both.

My teeth clenched in response to an unspoken vow.

Well, I wasn't going to let anything happen to Link. No way, no way in all the known universe. I was getting rather tired of letting down folks who finally reached out to me; this abysmal pattern had to stop now.

I'd seen the results of the scans. I'd seen the mark. And I hadn't tootled my way around the Galaxy for years only to remain oblivious to the plight of Link's people; my teeth ground together in sudden anger at the thought.

I abhorred slavery. It was supposed to be abolished!

Well, at least I could do my part against it in relationship to one particular and very special Ryn. And to tell the truth it was a bit of a mental stretch to attach that kind stereotype to Link, for somewhere along the way she had risen far above it in my mind.

All this roiled about in my head in a great rush, and I found myself bereft of words. I merely let my grip tighten the tiniest bit more, and whispered softly so none other than Link could hear.

"Don't worry about a thing, Link. Just-- don't worry."

I pulled back and let a warm smile drift down to cover her small body. Then I pulled back even farther to let the med-bots move in and take over, dutifully following their programming as they led her off to repair her arm.

I stared down at the deck between my feet for a moment longer before I followed them. Of course I couldn't go into the actual surgical room; I found a spot in the waiting area outside the firmly closed door and staked it out. Crossing my arms, I settled down for the duration, determined to be the first person Link saw when she woke up.

I'd seen the tinge of fear in her eyes. And nothing I could have said would really have allayed that fear as much as my nearby physical presence when she awoke.

Actions speak louder than words, after all.

[ 09-07-2008 12:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 09-08-2008 02:09 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link departed from the others escorted by the medical droids into the operating room. She was glad for Yaoksi's words of encouragement and mostly his acceptance. After the doors closed behind her the droids led her to a table instructing her to lie down. While one of the droids started to explain the procedure, readying the area for the replacement, attaching nerve endings... they rolled out the replacement on a small cart. The arm was the same size as her natural arm, same shape as well. Except for the fact it was silver, and looked like it came off a droid. Link was lost in thought that she didn't even catch it when the droid had finished its explanation.

“Are you ready miss.” Link heard the droid repeat.

“Huh... uh yeah,” Link replied.

The droid instructed her to lie back on the table and fitted a breath mask over her face, then told her to count backwards from ten.

“Ten, nine, eigh...t..., sev...” That was all Link managed to get out before the anesthetic took over, putting her to sleep.

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 213.255.230.131
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-08-2008 10:06 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin took a good look at the scans, his head reeling.

Medical science was so very, very advanced these days...

...and no one had figured out a way to help with something like this? Or to fit a Ryn with a prosthetic that looked realistic?

Suddenly Terrin had the suspicion that something could be done to better help Link to have her mark removed and get a more realistic arm. It was just that no one had ever really bothered to work hard enough to figure it all out. After all, since Ryns were treated so poorly, there probably wasn't alot of research on medical procedures for them.

But now they had a chance to do precisely that.

Terrin turned to the nearest human medic. "I know you've done the best you can do for her with what medical research and technology exists...

...but I suspect medical research on Ryns may not be as up-to-date as it should be. See what else you can find-- anything you can find-- to trigger some more research...

...and fill us all in on anything you get."

With his final comment, Terrin waved a hand to indicate the entire group of them. The medic nodded respectfully and departed, and Terrin started to take a step...

...then paused another moment, keying in a frequency on his wrist comm and giving orders for the ship's transciever to be checked out and set back to original factory specifications. Satisfied that this was being done, Terrin turned to Galen. "Let's join Yaoksi in the waiting roome and wait for Link to get into recovery."

--------------------

~~Galen

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 09-10-2008 05:14 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I nodded and proceeded to go there. But as I entered the door and saw the look on Yaoksi's face, I had to pause.

I knew that look. Khaandon knows I've worn it myself a time or two in my life. There are times a person wants the company of others, and times he simply needs a little "me time," to go over things in his head, to indulge in self-scrutiny, perhaps.

I paused fractionally, slid my hand behind my back and waggled my fingers in Terrin's direction.

"Hey, Captain Joao," I began brightly, coming to a halt before him and smiling warmly as his focus was yanked upward into my face.

"I just want to let you know that Link is in the best of hands; you don't have to worry about her. But I know she's special to you, and that no amount of kaffe or Whyren's Reserve is going to get you to budge.

"Personally, I-- ummm... er, that is, there's stuff I think I need to be doing. So if you don't mind, I'll just skedaddle off for now and do it."

I let my smile broaden, and retraced my steps to the doorway. There I paused once more.

"We'll check in on ya after a bit, and see if there's anything you need, ok?"

With that I simply exited and moved down the corridor a ways, there to await the coming of the others.

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 09-13-2008 08:47 AM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Incoming message from Another Shade of All in the Jedi Praxeum/Sith Temple forums.)))

Jasyn sighed, and opened a new comm message box to respond to Terrin's personal comm frequency.

After the death of the Kartan infant, Stargazer took sudden leave. After a search for her we determined she has left the planet; in the process Erik was hostile and seems to have angered Aeylmaar. He too has departed with his son's body, but Aeylmaar remains aloof, telling those who have left to not return and not wanting us to speak with him or make any requests. He has fainted from a drinking spell and has been removed from the Dining area. We have not seen him since. For the moment, we sit here and wait.

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e