my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Dark Shadows Rising (Page 10)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Dark Shadows Rising
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 12-22-2008 07:21 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link was almost done with the complicated part when Terrin's call came in. She had removed what seemed to be half of the circuit boards from the tranciever before she found the one she was looking for. Grabbing the board and a soldering tool she had been using to reroute some of the circuitry Link quickly consulted a map of the ship and ordered the tech's watching to reinstall all the circuit boards except for three she had thrown in a corner.

Working as she walked by the time Link reached the hanger bay that Terrin had mentioned with all the modifications the board would need. Walking down the rows she found Yaoksi and one of Terrin's men walking around a ship, she didn't know what exactly the ship was obviously from the famous YT line, but other then that she drew a blank.

"Yaoksi," Link called. "I'm almost done with the hardware modifications to the tranciever all that is left is a little software mods."

Link moved over and looked down at the spec sheet that the tech was holding, most of the systems she had little knowledge of, but the ones she did impressed.

"This ship has a top of the line computer core, but it could use an upgraded sensor suit and communications array. I know of a mil spec model of each that would work, although mere possession of which carries a death sentence in some systems. I can write the security system software myself so that can be checked off. Other then that it looks perfect as far as I can tell but I'm a slicer and a thief not a smuggler pilot. Nice choice."

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 64.255.180.57
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 12-23-2008 10:19 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My smile broadened. Indeed, it hadn't left my face once, not even when the techs came around for me to yell, holler or otherwise toss suggestions toward. Having Link here to put in her two cent's worth only made this whole fairy-tale the sweeter; what did I know about computer circuitry?

"Yeah, what she said," I tossed out to the nearest tech, waggling my brows at Terrin all the while. But then I caught myself--

Hold on here ya ol' pirate, but didn't she just say something about getting our paws on some super duper military system which could possibly land us in the brig?

I blinked and turned back to her.

"And you can get this how?" I asked, my smile finally fading before the incredulous look I gave her. "But wait--" I held up a hand. "I don't think I wanna know."

I turned to Captain Danner, a feeling gradually rising in my gut that perhaps he wasn't quite the squeaky clean person -- or at least hadn't been his entire life -- that we all presumed him to be.

Hell's bells, who is?

"Ummm... what she said?" I repeated, now reaching out to give Link's shoulder a squeeze, letting my former smile ragain it's place on my face once more. Damn, but this all felt good, and I hoped Link really appreciated how much she was coming to mean to me.

Fancy-schmancy slicing skills and all.

[ 12-23-2008 10:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 12-23-2008 10:44 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the head techician turned and quirked his brow marginally at Terrin, he responded to the unvoiced question with a simple nod. "You know what to do," he then said to the tech, who had been with EE for as long as Terrin could remember, worked on his personal ships...

...and knew a thing or two about smuggled military systems after Terrin's little stent with Moff Krenoff. "Go ahead and get started with the modifications, and let Link," he paused, indicating the Ryn by turning his head slightly and nodding to her, "Free reign to work on the ship's computer systems to do whatever she feels is needed."

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 12-29-2008 03:25 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I'll start on the ship right after I finish with this," answered Link.

Link held up the circuit board still in her hand to remind them of the job she still had to do. A realization came to her how she could find a way for Terrin to pay her for her services.

"Hey Terrin, if you still feel the need to pay me for the transceiver modifications I think I might have something that will work. The parts for Yaoksi's ship is on Tarris held by a ship parts dealer that goes by the name of Lilath, If you send some of your people there just remind her that she owes Link the parts she will hand them right over. Just bring them here and install them on the ship and we can call it even. By the way she's a Zeltron so you may only want to send female employees. Who knows she may even be willing to sell you some of her other less then legal tech in the future."

Link turned back to Yaoksi who still had his hand on her shoulder.

"I was wondering," Link began. "What to the crew quarters look like on the ship?"

Link had only seen the exterior of the ship and a list of systems so she had no idea to the interior setup, so far she had only shown Yaoksi her talents not the other way around, she was hoping Yaoksi would take this as a hint and show her around the ship that would soon become their base of operations.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.67.206.196
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-15-2009 09:09 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"No need to wonder, kiddo; she's gonna be your bed and berth, after all!" I exclaimed brightly as I gave her shoulder a fond little squeeze. Then with a nod to Danner that he could follow along if he wanted to, I proceeded to lead Link aboard my baby-brand-new ship, giving her the tour she had requested.

We came to the cabins; I led her past one that housed six double bunks and led her to a small but private one.

"Here ya go, Link," I said as, bowing from the waist, I swept out an inviting hand and ushered her into what I hoped she would accept as her quarters.

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-15-2009 09:30 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin hung back, wanting to give Yaoksi the space to introduce his new ship to Link as he wished...

...and to make the arrangements to get the parts Link needed via her connection. Keying in a few frequencies on his wristcomm, Terrin set up an all female team to go buy the needed parts for Yaoksi's ship from Lilath on Taris. Once the team and assignment was in place, Terrin started to follow Yaoksi and Link onto the ship...

...then paused. "Would probably be nice to give Yaoksi a few moments to introduce Link to the ship himself," he said thoughtfully. Then, frowning a bit, "I wonder what the kriffing hell is taking Aaron and Kartan so long."

[ 01-15-2009 09:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-17-2009 01:42 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link followed Yaoksi around the interior of the ship, compared to most of the ships she had traveled on before it had many amenities that most didn't have. She took careful note of where she would have to make small alterations to the security system, but for the most part just followed Yaoksi and listened to the guided tour.

When they came to the cabins they passes the first one which had had room for 12 and came to the private one.

"Uhh... thanks," Link answered. The room was kinda small but she never really had a place to call her own so by comparison it seemed huge. All it had was a bed built into the bulkhead, a wall locker, a small desk, and a chair. Link could already see what needed to be done, she could turn the bed into a work bench and attach a hammock to the ceiling. the setup might be annoying for a human but she could easily jump up high enough to make it work.

"It's perfect," said Link. "This is a great ship. So where's your room?"

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 71.15.30.22
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-30-2009 07:56 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I raised up on my tiptoes a moment, hands at the small of my back, and rolled my tongue around the inside of my cheek.

"Well-ll..." I started to pontificate, then dropped the demeanor with a grin. Who was I kidding; I could tell in a heartbeat that the kid wanted me kinda close.

"I was going to take the bunk next door," I opened, waving a hand forward. For indeed on the other side of Link's room from the multi-bunked one was another private quarter.

"But I know you'd kinda like to have something in the way of space-- I'm in the one across the companionway."

I gave her a full-fledged grin before allowing it to sober up a touch.

"What say we go find Captain Danner, and see about outfitting your quarters more to your liking. Then we can see about what other, ahh-- alterations this ship could possibly need. Like in the way of weaponry, for instance."

I hoped like crazy the kid could help in this regard. Yeah yeah, I know I've spaced all over creation and back again, but that didn't necessarily mean I was anything like an expert in this regard. Personally, I liked running from trouble far better than attacking it head-on, but I knew that this simple world's view wouldn't stand a ghost's chance in hell for what we were going to be up against. So I really, truly hoped that Link, in all her escapades, could offer something; hell, it sure sounded like it from what she had been going on about earlier.

"Then I say we clean up, get something to eat, and start planning something in the way of what we're going to do. Assuming that everything we've been talking about is on the up and up, that is."

I placed a comradely arm about her shoulder, and was about to usher her out, waiting for an obligatory response from her, when it struck me. I paused, then got on my knees to be on her own level.

"What would you do, if you were in my shoes? Alone, I mean," I added, looking deep into her eyes, hoping that she'd realize that all I'd asked of her, whether by intimation or direction query, wasn't just to be taking advantage of her...

But because in our strange little partnership she was indeed, well, a partner to me, and one whose opinions I was beginning to value highly.

--------------------

Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 01-30-2009 11:24 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sensing the cloud of impending doom as Erik mentioned the need to repaint the Stargazer Corp main ships, Aaron decided it would be best to linger on the subject as little as possible.

"Repaited to factory specifications?" he queried, arching an eyebrow. "After all, blending in is a nice thing when you are smuggling info. If there are no special markings on the ships you make it more difficult to be tracked and picked out immediately."

Unlike you would be with purple and silver ships, came a mental addendum Aaron didn't dare state aloud. "Just let me know what you want, and the location of the ships when you are ready."

Saying nothing further than that, Aaron headed for the doorway of his office where he had brought Erik so they could complete their business. In a few minutes they were headed back to the docking area where the others were, and in another few minutes they rejoined Terrin and Galen at the hatch of the ship Yaoksi had chosen. As he approached, considering the group, he realized...

...rather belatedly...

...that two people who were usually in that group hadn't arrived on the Hornett.

"Ahhhh...not to change the subject but...

...where are Matt and Jasyn?"

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-31-2009 01:43 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link who had been caught up with their planning and scheming didn't realize her tail was waving happily back and forth like a nexu who just scored a kill, but now it sank low to the deck while she pondered Yaoksi's question.

“I think I'm honestly the last person you should ask for advice when it comes to what to do with your life,” Link answered. “I have had horrible things done to me and had to do some things to survive that anyone would feel ashamed of. Before I met you I might have seemed like the successful Ryn to emulate, I mean by most standards I had it all; money I was rolling in the credits, fame there are few slicers that can match my skill. But I hated myself, you know what I mean... when I lashed out on Galen's ship, sure I was angry and scared but every word it it was true and somehow still is.”

Link had found that she was staring at the deck and her eyes where starting to tear up. She wiped the tears away then looked Yaoksi square in the face.

“Then I met you and everything changed.” continued Link. “You helped me see I'm not as worthless as I believed myself to be, and became the first friend that I ever had. And for that...”

Link lifted her mechanical arm and let its hand rest on Yaoksi's shoulder.

“... I would trade my arm again. Just keep doing what you are doing, now on to more important issues.”

Link released her hand from Yaoksi and stepped out into the corridor.

“Lets get some on this food,” Link answered lightheartedly.

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 96.10.57.114
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 02-04-2009 03:59 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Wow.

The simple and heartfelt honesty that accompanied Link's unexpected reply about floored me. I mean that, while I felt she and I were gradually becoming closer and closer, I guess I didn't really realize just to what degree of closeness that was.

My jaw dropped a little while my brain scrambled for words with which to reply. Then it closed. Truth be known, there were no words I could say. Not that I couldn't reply to this...

I just didn't need to. Somehow, somewhere, some kind of link had developed between Link and me, ethereal, insubstantial, but very much real. I almost imagined that if I thought or felt something, she'd know it before I did. And I think the reverse was just as true, too.

I smiled.

"I'm with you, kiddo; enough talk. Let's go grab Captain Danner and find the mess; maybe you can pin him down regarding the upgrading you wanna do on--"

I paused a moment.

"Hmm," I went on. "I haven't named her yet, have I? Well, maybe over some food and a little caf we can come up with something good. I have a feeling that this ship is gonna be just as good as my ol' Devil, maybe even better."

With that I clambered stiffly to my feet, stretched, and headed back out into the corridor, from there to exit my new ship, Link my constant and heart-warming shadow. We came back out onto the tarmac and found Captain Danner speaking with someone.

"Howdy," I said as I nodded to the man, then fell into respectful silence, waiting until Terrin was finished speaking with him before bringing up the much more mundane subject of food.

((OOC: I can't remember if Yaoksi knows Erik or not. I'm assuming not. Mara, if I'm wrong, treat this "howdy" as one in recognition, let me know, and I'll delete this OOC. Thanks.)

[ 02-04-2009 04:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 02-08-2009 09:37 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Although Terrin knew the answer to Aaron's question, he really didn't want to go bodly stating that their employees were in the Sith worlds while they were all standing smack in the middle of a docking area...

...no matter how well he trusted their employees.

"They are on a mission," he said simply to Aaron, keeping it at that as he then turned to Erik. "I'm assuming this means you have resumed ownership of the Stargazer Corporation now?" he queried, getting a nod in response. "Assuming you still plan to assist us, I would be willing to cut you a deal on a ship should you decide you need something to fly," he then added as Yaoksi and Link then rejoined them on the tarmac and Yaoksi--who had only be introduced to Erik once and very briefly--extended a friendly greeting his way.

"If there are any further things you'd like done to the ship, let me know," he then said, turning his attentions to Yaoksi. "At any rate, we should let the guys get started on her so we can get enroute ASAP. Considering the level of some of the upgrades we are going to make on her, however, it's probably going to take at least a standard day, computer upgrades not included since we are waiting on the parts."

[ 02-08-2009 09:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 03-09-2009 10:36 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The smile on my face broadened.

"All right then!" I beamed, clapping my hands together decisively. "The ship is right spanky as far as I'm concerned, but I think Link here has a few more things she'd like added."

I dropped a hand on her shoulder and geve it a comradely squeeze.

"Then when you guys are finished with this last bit, I think we'd like to find a galley. Some food is in order, and my partner and I have a little business to attend to which would be more productive on a full stomacn."

I squeezed her shoulder again, giving her a wink as I did so, then waited for the last few items she required to be formally requested so we could go off and have a good sit-down. I had my mind set on something hot and protein rich, accompanied by anything liquid that carried a wallop.

"Like coming up with a name for my new baby," I finished, unable to contain my enthusiasm any longer.

--------------------

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 03-18-2009 08:49 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Umm... eh well," Link started.

Link didn't want to come across as ungrateful or demanding, truth be told the modifications the ship needed she already told Terrin about. The modifications she wanted where more more for her than the ship.

"Don't worry about it," Link continued. "It's just stuff for me, I'll take care of it later."

Taking her prosthetic she grabbed Yaoksi's hand and returned his squeeze, hopefully not to hard though. Remembering her current job Link realized she still had the circuit board in her hand. Waving over one of Terrin's techs she handed off the circuit board to him with instructions to take it up to the holonet transceiver along with instructions on how to reinstall it.

"It would take me about 10 minutes to reinstall that so it will probably take them an hour, after all I have to do is a small software update to then I'll be finished with the transceiver. So while we wait lets get some food, I haven't eaten anything since before the surgery."

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 68.15.155.248
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 03-18-2009 09:19 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Fates, kid, you must be starved!" I exclaimed as with a smile and a nod to Terrin I turned and started walking along with Link. While protocol probably cautioned we hang nicely about to give Captain Danner the chance to lead the way, Link's stomach wasn't in any mood to listen. And come to think of it, I couldn't remember when I'd sat down to the hot meal I so badly wanted myself.

"I think I can get us to the galley... or at least a galley, or dining hall, or something like that," I said as with a frown I put my brain into gear trying to remember where in all the known Universe I'd been the last time I was aboardship.

"Something on Red Level A, or some such," I muttered as we twined our way through the madding crowd, the type of which always seems present on a super destroyer no matter where one was, or what time of ship's day it was, or whatever.

"Hmm..."

I stopped, momentarily defeated. Dang but these things were big; I gave up trying to remember it all and headed toward the nearest computer bulkhead terminal. I was forced to fiddle around a bit before I finally managed to get the contrary thing to understand what I wanted; a gentle voice informed me that the nearest eatery was several decks up, one corridor over, and a few hundred yards down on the right.

"There we are!" I beamed, heading off again with Link in tow. It took a bit longer getting there than I expected -- what was it with all the peeps scurrying hither and yon, anyway? -- but soon we found ourselves seated with a ship's hand coming to see what we wanted.

I ordered nerf steak with gabba-beans, and a Whyren's on the side, and waited while Link ordered for herself. The hand nodded and took off, only to reappear with my glass and a mug of something which he set down in front of the lil gal.

"Whatcha got there, kiddo?" I asked, for I really hadn't paid much attention to what she had ordered. "And..."

I paused to take a gulp of the Whyren's.

"Any good ideas on what to name the ship?"

[ 03-18-2009 09:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 03-19-2009 04:59 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"What this?" Link asked looking down at her plate. "Its katarn roast, a lizard creature from Kashyyyk and of course."

Link took hold of her mug holding it up as in a mock toast.

"Caf" Link continued. She took a swig of caf and a few bites of roast to ponder Yaoksi's request.

I have named ships before but those where false IDs and not important to the ship, but Yaoksi really loves this ship and I don't want to to suggest a name that he will accept because he feels he needs to because I came up with it. I need a name for a ship that goes well with it's smuggler Captain and Ryn slicer partner... who keep getting into trouble because we both try to defy or fates.

Link set down her food to find Yaoksi still staring at her.

"Ok don't laugh, and if you don't like it that's fine," Link started. "But, given both of our occupations and given what we have just gone through. How about we name the ship Defying Fate.

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 68.15.155.248
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 03-28-2009 11:36 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I took a bite of my steak and chewed thoughtfully, contemplating upon Link's suggestion. While I agreed wholeheartedly with her sentiments, in fact thought the general feel behind the name she tossed out was indeed quite appropriate, there was just something about Defying Fate that didn't quite roll easily off my tongue.

"Hmmm," I said, swallowing. I took a gulp of Whyrene's and set my glass carefully on the table, now placing a hand over my mouth with elbow resting on the table.

Defying... yeah, I like that. I mean, the idea is good... lessee now, defying... defiant... defiance... what happens when you defy someone, you stand up against them, you toss down the gauntlet, you challenge...

"Yeah, that's it," I breathed, mostly to myself. I leaned back against my seat, letting my hand drop.

"How does the name Challenger sound to you, kiddo?" I asked with a grin.

"Short n' sweet n' to the point."

[ 03-28-2009 11:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 03-31-2009 10:09 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Link and Captain Joao sat tossing ship names back and forth and everyone around allowed them the space to talk a bit without interruption, Erik sat back, cupping his mug of Whyrene's, long since finished with his nerfsteak. Truth be told, although the cut of meat was cooked in perfection, he hadn't the appetite for it.

Or anything else, for that matter.

How many times had he and Shayla sat and discussed what name to give this ship or that?

He couldn't get her off his mind. There had to be something, something else he could do not to think of her or of their baby boy that he had just buried on his own. If he sat idle much longer he didn't know when he would ever snap out of this funk.

So as the conversation regarding ship names continued, he turned to Captain Danner and the others present and addressed them quietly so as not to interrupt the conversation already in progress. "So what do you have in mind for breaking Tarnus free?" he asked, considering just how he could be of help in this cause. "Stealth is probably best, but even at that there is more than one way to skin a nerf...

...and while there are warriors present on the world, we do have the advantage of at least knowing their Temple somewhat."

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 04-03-2009 02:46 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link finished her mug of caf and set the empty container on the edge of the table to be refilled.

Challenger is a great name,” replied Link. “I’ll save my suggestion as a possible alias for an IFF mask.”

One of the waiters walked by taking Links empty mug and replacing it with a new one full of caf. Link snatched it up downing half of the mug before taking another bite to eat.

“So after I finish up this job for Terrin and the ship is already, is there anyplace we’re heading to first. Just incase I need to make some fake IdentCards or forge a ships registry or something.”

Link knew she would have to be careful with preparing their IdentCards, especially her own. Certain worlds had gotten close to catching her in the past so they knew what she looked like and would likely still be able to indentify her even with her prosthetic arm. Even with Yaoksi’s less then legal business dealings, there my be a client or two that she had already ripped off.

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 214.15.205.38
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 04-08-2009 09:29 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan kept quiet observing to the others and mostly residing himself to the shadows. He chose to remain silent and just watch events play out because he had already made clear his intentions and felt little need to repeat himself. While everything happened around him he just slowly ate his food and nursed his glass of Correlian ale.

If it were not for his sitting back and observing Kyan wouldn't have noticed a low beeping sound emanating from his helmet. Recognizing it as a message received notification Kyan placed his holopad on the table transferring his message there due to his broken helmet display. A small figure of a Mandalorian warrior materialized on the holopad that instantly Kyan recognized, one his friends sons who use to spar with Kyan's youngest daughter. The message began to playback which he was thankful was in Mandalorian so any curious onlookers would have little chance to overhear it contents.

"Greetings Uncle, we have received your message about the vongesse and will do what we can to prepare if they indeed return. Allot has changed in the in the twenty-five years since you have been gone, most specifically in the last seven. After the destruction of the Jedi training facility Mandalor felt it necessary to send a rescue mission to help any Jedi survivors as they might become powerful allies. None of us expected the mission to end in failure and the capture of our warriors specifically your daughter. After her execution the Imperials used the rescue mission as a chance to declare war on Mandalore. Little happened for the next 4 years until Mandalore sent a three man strike team to assassinate Admiral Actar using his the most skilled Protectorates, your grand daughter among them.

A month later the bodies of the other two where found chained to the walls of an imperial garrison. We didn't know what became of your grand daughter until a few months ago when a twilek matching her description killed four of our best commando's and Mandalore himself. We believe it was the Imperials where behind it because shortly after the Imperials used the confusion to launch an invasion and have installed a pro Imperial Mandalore. Most of our ways have been forbidden only a few of use hold to the true ways of Mandalore. Officially you, and your family have been outcast by the new Mandalore so I'm taking great risk by contacting you but family is more then bloodline. I've attached video feeds of the assassination so you can confirm whether or not it is your kin. Good bye Uncle."

Kyan immediately opened the second video file the holopad displayed a room with a Mandalorian warrior sitting in a chair watching something off the holo. Out from behind the figure came a blue twilek wearing crimson armor reminiscent of the royal guardsman the emperor use to tote about. The twilek quickly closed on the warrior and dove it through the chair into the back of the warrior and out through his chest. Changing her grip on the lightsaber the twilek pulled out the lightsaber and in one quick fluid movement used the lightsaber to sever the head of the warrior. Picking up the severed head the twilek turned and finally presented a good picture for the camera, pausing it Kyan knew without a doubt it had to be her.

There can be no doubt she is my grand daughter, the saber style that I only taught to my daughter, my daughters guard shoto, and she even looks like my daughter, but her face is so devoid of any emotion... what has happened to her... what have the Imperials done to her.

Enraged Kyan pounded his glass into the table shattering it.

"Val'kry'am," Kyan muttered. "Val'hettir, NI JE'KARTA SHURKUR ARUETII."

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 67.142.161.26
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 04-17-2009 10:30 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My drink, which I had just raised to my lips in preparation of taking another sip, nearly fell from it when the sounds of breaking glass and a nearly simultaneous explosive curse shattered the air. I jumped in my seat, startled by this unexpected outburst, then turned about in it to see where in all the known universe said unexpected outburst originated.

I blinked in surprise to find that Kyan was the source.

"He looks like someone's sand-panther ate his pet squall," I commented with a raise of one brow. Though our mysterious companion was still hidden beneath his Mandalorian helmet, even someone with as poor people skills as me could figure out that all was just not right with his world.

I turned back to where Link sat, her eyes somewhat wide in startlement.

"I wonder if we should leave him alone, or go over and see if there's anything we can do to help with... well, with whatever caused that," I commented, draining my glass in one last big gulp before setting it down as carefully as I could, as if unconsciously trying to give to it the absolute opposite degree of care of what Kyan's poor vessel had received from him.

[ 04-22-2009 10:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 04-19-2009 09:53 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link leaned back in her chair trying to look like she wasn't staring at the scene Kyan was making. Luckily for her Link still had the data pad Galen loaned her. Pulling it out Link open a connection to the ships comm system, thankfully as a habit she would leave a backdoor into any system she accessed before in case she would ever need fast access ever again.

"If you want to talk to him go for it," commented Link. "Be careful though or we might end up with matching arms."

Reviewing the logs Link found a transmission that went outside of its own system about 4 minutes ago. Copying the temp file of the message still stored in the memory of the comm system to the memory of the datapad. With the datapad lacking the programs she needed, Link transferred the file to one of the many ghost servers she had setup via commercial holonet for needs such as this. It took little time to give the commands to her server then all she had to do now was wait for the results. By her calculations, 2 minutes to rip the audio, 1 minute to convert it to text, and 5 to translate to basic. So roughly 9 minutes and she would have the answer to what set Kyan off.

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 67.142.161.25
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 04-22-2009 10:57 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I picked up my glass again and rolled it around between the palms of my hands, dithering. I mean, here this guy was, all locked up behind his armor, breaking out of his usual taciturn ol' self in a moment of ghods knew what, only to sidle back into it and try to remain invisible. Or perhaps not; one can scarcely lurk after making such a broad announcement to the world in general concerning one's presence in it.

Yeah, I really didn't know him from Adam. I'd been privileged enough to have his acquaintanceship for scarcely a few days. But in those few days he had certainly proven himself, assisting us back on the unknown world where Link and I had mysteriously landed, aiding us with those nasty canasta Vong killer plant-thingies...

What the hell were they called again? Amperes? Amphitheaters? No wait, amphistaffs; yeah that's it...

...and that was enough for me.

"Oh... fudge it all," I muttered as, rising to my feet, I drained my glass for courage before slamming it down on the table once again. "Be right back, Kid."

I hope!

With that I sauntered over to Kyan's table, trying to look casual but concerned, making every effort to remember in vivid detail how I had managed to survive a similar close encounter with Sorben Tarnus back when I first met Nassy, and stopped just beyond what I hoped was the general reach of his arm.

"Ahh... problems?" I asked, sticking my hands into my pockets and letting a ghost of a smile flicker upon my face.

--------------------

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 05-03-2009 08:50 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
To say Kyan was angry would have been an understatement, with the rage at what the galaxy had done and continued to do to him and his family he was about to strike down the first thing he saw. So when Yaoksi approached the place he was sitting Kyan's hand instinctively dropped to his lightsaber, when Yaoksi was in range Kyan quickly rose from the table igniting his lightsaber readying himself to deliver a killing blow. Unleashing his rage Kyan began his swing to strike down Yaoksi, then suddenly stopped with the lightsaber centimeters from Yaoksi's body.

Kyan was unsure of what exactly had happened of why he was about to attack Yaoksi and what had stopped him. He got his answer soon enough when he saw the ryn in the back corner with the look of utter horror on her face from her friend about to be struck down without warning. Extinguishing his lightsaber Kyan slowly fell back into his chair thinking about what he was about to do. Looking up Kyan saw Yaoksi standing there looking completely dumbfounded at what had just happened.

"Please forgive me?" asked Kyan. "I don't know what just happened, I can't explain..."

Kyan stood up from the table and walked out of the restaurant leaving his holo pad behind and headed back towards the hanger bay the had previously visited. He needed time alone to think and center his thoughts.

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 96.10.58.6
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 05-08-2009 11:34 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stood utterly dumbfounded, heart pounding, my feelings racing a wild gamut between stark fear and inexplicable rage.

Ok, maybe not so inexplicable regarding the latter. I mean, pardner, where I come from a hand offered in friendship and support isn't automatically bitten off at the wrist! What was that old saw, something about a nek biting the hand that feeds it...?

I blinked, letting my jaw resume its normal aspect while I fought to comprehend exactly what had just happened there. Obviously something of major proportions was upsetting the guy--

Sheesh. Not like he's the only one in the entire universe to have had something dark and terrible happen to him!

--and just as obviously wanted to be alone with it. I wavered, thinking of Link's comment about matching arms, when the image of my dear Nassy swam up in front of my eyes, followed by an overwhelming uprush of pain and emptiness and guilt for somehow not being able to save her from the demonic attack which killed her. I didn't know what Kyan's problem was, but something told me that it probably wasn't of the demonic attack variety; nevertheless, from his reaction I had a hunch that it stemmed from deep pain which follows the loss of a loved one.

I'd been there. I knew how easy it was to withdraw from others, to maintain one's distance under the excuse of "gathering one's wits" and all that malarky... which indeed it was. If there ever was a time when anyone needed to know they were not alone in dire circumstances, this was a likely candidate.

Either that, or the guy was stark, raving looney tunes.

Gulping for moral support, I pushed back the now rising image of that glittering lightsaber blade mere centimeters from my own demise, and took a single step toward the departing Jedi.

"Ummm... if you need to talk about it, I'm here," I said simply before heaving a breath and returning to our table. There I plopped myself into my chair like a sack of yesterday's dirty clothes, and gestured the waiter for another drink.

"Well... wasn't that... informative!" I chirped brightly, trying to cover up the pain this little incident had sparked, pain not so much for the confrontation of mere seconds ago but that which I held over Nassy's untimely death. Surprisingly strong and fresh, it yet lingered, and I couldn't help but wonder if it ever would diminish.

[ 05-08-2009 11:39 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e