my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Dark Shadows Rising (Page 12)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Dark Shadows Rising
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 08-06-2009 12:58 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin turned to Yaoksi, really hating the idea of putting the man in harm's way...

...again. Still, he likewise knew that Yaoksi's new ship, even without all of its upgrades quite finished, was fast and sleek...

...and had just gotten the best maintanence job anyone could ask for. And whether he wanted to admit it or not, there was safety in numbers. Especially when someone was going ahead of time to blow any chances of subterfuge they had.

Blast it all!

"Allright," Terrin finally said, nodding inwardly as if to assure himself that everything was going to work out. "But only if you allow me to pay you back." Terrin paused. "Like Link has already mentioned, you have to earn a living, and you are offering a lot here."

Ok, that was the understatement of the year, a shoulder being snorted.

Recalling the urgency of the situation, Terrin made a quick request for Kartan's projected hyperspace vectors to be sent straight to his comm unit. Then he raised a thumb over his shoulder, indicating the direction of the hangar bay beyond. "We'd better get moving."

[ 08-06-2009 01:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-06-2009 01:16 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Wait," I said suddenly, reaching out to grab Terrin by the arm. He paused, turning around to face me, for bless his lil ol heart he was already moving, ready to take action.

"That YT can carry ships, right? Well... let me go get Eagle II. I can let you guys tractor me in to join you; this way we'll have another, smaller, and maybe less noticeable ship at our disposal should we need it."

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-06-2009 01:35 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin nodded, agreeing with Galen's logic in the matter. "Not to mention having more than one ship has other tactical advantages as well," he agreed aloud.

Like having another ship should one suffer significant damages, he reminded himself blackly.

As Galen went off towards Eagle II, Terrin followed Yaoksi, allowing him to take the lead as they headed to Challenger. Enroute he received the potential hyperspace vectors, which could in turn be plugged into a navcomputer for further analysis. Although he didn't recognize any of the coordinates offhand, that didn't necessarily mean anything. But it could also mean that Erik made a random jump before taking off to his real destination. Recalling how Galen had used that very same tactic once or twice herself, Terrin wouldn't really be all that surprised if that were the case.

Deciding that the conjecture would do them little good at this point, Terrin forced himself to focus on what was going on immediately as they finally arrived at the Challenger.

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 08-06-2009 02:34 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I forced down the "kid back in candy store" rush that swept up through me at the sleek sight of Challenger, and once again hunkered down to be on the same level as Link. Her eyes were big and overly-bright, and pinned into mine with a look encompassing fear and anger and hurt and plea.

I swallowed thickly.

"Look, kiddo," I started as I took her by the shoulders. "Where we're going it's maybe gonna be dangerous. Things might happen; Fates know that I don't want anything to happen to you..."

I trailed, wincing inwardly at my own effrontery. For the kid had sure as hell already been through too much, all as a result of being tag-teamed with me. But did that stop her? No. It had actually seemed to improve her; hadn't she said the same thing to us in so many words?

Would taking off without her be seen as yet another abandonment in her life? I bit my bottom lip, waffling between wanting to protect her and...

Wanting to protect her.

I blinked as the realization hit me that she could be hurt either way. And chances were good the greater hurt would come to her if I made her stay behind.

You were the first one she wanted when she woke up after surgery...

"Ahh, hell." I stood up, and ruffled the fur on top of her head.

"What good is having new quarters if you can't use 'em? I guess you can hack into wherever it is you need to hack just as well aboard Challenger as aboard Hornett. Besides--

"I'd be awfully lonely without ya, kid."

Saying no more on the subject, I rose to my feet and keyed the lock-down code.

"Open, sesame," I grinned as the hatch slid obligingly open. In no time we were all aboard, sans Mrs. Danner that is, and I was sitting happily at Challenger's impressive control panels.

"Time to go, peeps," I announced then as, departure vectors being received and analyzed, the YT's engines awoke to thrumming life. Clicks and other small noises announced the fact that all were secured in their seats; moments later a scrambling of the docking bay's personnel announced the imminent disengagement of the forcefield blocking the hanger's great and now opened hatch.

"And we're off!"

The only thing to announce our actual departure was the fact that the docking bay seemed to be moving, Challenger was that sweetly smooth in leaving. Soon we were several hundred klicks away, hovering in space to pick up Galen aboard Eagle II.

"We're ready when you are, Mrs. Danner," I commed, waiting until the the tiny form of the sleek little lambda she was piloting came into the correct vector with us, that I could engage our newly installed tractor beam and hustle her aboard.

Then we could all get the hell out of here and back into...

Well, into some kind of adventure at the very least, I said to myself, refusing to let my thoughts proceed any further than that.

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-06-2009 03:07 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Mind if we take a look at Erik's departure vectors?" Terrin asked as he turned to Yaoksi, not wanting to take control of the other's newly acquired ship without permission. "I have a funny feeling, however, it's not going to do us any good. He's a good pilot and he had to have known we might try to follow him wherever he is going. He might have made a quick exit then recalculated a true jump into hyperspace."

Unless, of course, you can estimate where he might have jumped from his potential initial jumps from the Hornett.

Terrin stated as much as Yaoksi got to the business of getting Eagle II into Challenger's tractor beam.

[ 08-06-2009 03:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 08-11-2009 12:37 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link found the copilot chair settled down inside helping Yaoksi with the warm-up of the Challenger, well at least the systems she knew. With all the equipment she ordered for the ship still on the way, Link was forced to use what came stock with the ship and manually programming on the fly. She focused most of her attention on the comm, weapons, navigation and tractor beam making sure they were all in working order and letting Yaoksi handle things like maneuvering.

“All systems are green,” said Link. “At least for stock parts, can’t wait until that order comes in.”

It was getting a little too hot for Link in such a cramped area like a cockpit so she removed her duster and hung it on the back of her chair then started to roll up her sleeves when she saw both Yaoksi and Terrin staring over at her.

“If you had a layer of fur you would do the same,” said Link. “Besides I think I’ll need to shorten the sleeve on this sweater. It keeps getting caught on my arm or something when I bend it.”

As if to emphasize her point Link pulled a few threads that snagged out of the elbow joint of her mechanical arm.

“I know yours covered with synth-flesh but does it ever do something similar to you too?” asked Link.

[ 08-11-2009 12:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cel ]

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.79.15.102
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-15-2009 01:26 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I loved the feel of space beneath my wings... figuratively speaking of course. But there was no doubt about it; Dad didn't teach me to fly the family ship because Sissy-poops was such a, well... poop about it. He knew when he looked into my eyes that the reflection there was pure starlight.

My eyes were filled with stars even now as I arrowed away from Hornett, letting Eagle II spread her own wings in flight from the hulking destroyer as we proceeded dead ahead for about, oh, a few hundred thousand klicks or so. For the briefest of moments shadows of my past superimposed themselves against the starfield--

Coming to the rescue of another YT-2500, who was fleeing a super star destroyer of it's own...

Zooming away from imprisonment, a newly-met Terrin Danner turning green at my side as we barrel-rolled our way through this danger and that in our wild career from Ambria...

Fleeing Kamino, my stomach an uncomfortable little peach-pit of a knot as the eyes of my clone bore inquisitively into my back...

Others flickered here and there, beckoning.

Come. Remember that freedom? It's still out here...

I only smiled back at them.

"Not this time, my friends."

Even as the words had left my lips I was turning my little lamby around, now arrowing back practically smack on top of my prior trajectory, this time reaching out with sensors and seeking contact with a ship brand spankin' new to the glories of what awaited it in the Night.

"I'm here, guys," I commed Challenger; then sat back as the thunk of a tractor beam gripping hold of my craft assured me a swift and safe berth aboard her.

It wasn't long before that very event was enacted, and I found Eagle II yawning and stretching, and otherwise settling into the peaceful slumber of systems cooling and generally powering down.

I exited her with alacrity, whistling to myself as in the journey from the docking berth to the main cockpit area I found this wonder and that.

Wow. NICE ship!

A brief, and uncharacteristic stab of jealousy hit me; man I wished I'd gotten to get my hands on this baby! But the feeling soon disappeared; Captain Joao deserved it, considering all he'd been through for us, all he'd endured.

Soon I joined up with the others and found a seat. There I settled comfortably against the cushions and watched as the stars in the main viewport stretched themselves out into the smears that was hyperspace.

We were on our way.

((OOC: Please follow Challenger and all aboard her into the thread Where Will You Go in the "CSWU" forums; this is the general "somewhere out in space" thread we will be using until we finally end up wherever we do, lol. Thank you!))

[ 08-15-2009 01:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-15-2009 01:36 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Ok, this thread is WAY TOO LONG. So I'm closing it; whoever needs to make a post regarding anybody aboard Hornett please make a new thread, thank you.))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e