my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » The Dream of Those That Wake (Page 8)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Dream of Those That Wake
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 10-17-2006 11:39 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I smiled genuinely, closing my eyes and allowing myself to bask, just for the moment, in this simple feeling of caring. Anything dark and dismal fled to the farthest recesses of my mind: the horrors of the demons I had run into, Nassy's horrific injury, the brouhaha and general ruckus Aaron had deported me from on Sullust; everything took an even further back seat before the warmth of Thea's small hand against my face.

Then reality reasserted itself, along with the words she was tossing in my direction. I opened my eyes, still smiling but now that smile was tinged with the tiniest touch of regret. If not also wariness: a wariness not aimed at Thea although it was toward her that my smile was still directed.

"That's good to hear, hon, I mean that you are stronger now. I'm sure there are some classrooms here on Hornett that you could attend, as far as regular schooling goes, that is. Maybe your friend here would like to join you as well in this."

I turned toward Link, smiled at her, and laughed to myself to see the look of near horror which briefly skittered across her features. Then I turned back to Thea, reached out with both hands now and cupped her face between them. My smile disappeared; I wanted her to know that the words I was about to say were not to be taken in jest.

"Honey, look. I know you want to be a jedi, I know you're meant to be one, or else you never would have been admitted to the Praxeum to begin with. But I just can't see now how this can be done."

I drew in a deep breath, flinching inwardly to see the lightness of her features beginning to cloud. Still cupping her face, I ran my thumb along her cheekbone before releasing her entirely to then run a hand through my hair.

"I don't think there are many Jedi left, hon, and I haven't a clue where to find any. It's not as simple as you seem to think it is, I mean, I just can't up and enroll you in some handy-dandy Jedi school.

"And as for the crystal..."

I paused again, shaking my head.

"I don't know where to find these. If I did, I'd get you the biggest and the brightest one. But this is something Jedi know about, and I'm no Jedi."

Now a thundercloud threatened to erupt in Thea's eye; I couldn't stand that.

"Maybe Captain Barnes knows something that might help," I hurried on before she could say anything.

"Let me go talk a bit with him; in the meanwhile, why don't you and Link just keep on playing your game here, and you get some rest.

"Thank you, Link, for being here," I finished, reaching out to give the Ryn a quick little hug. Then I rose to my feet, took Aaron by the arm and dragged him at a stately run from the medical bay.

"I don't know what to do with that kid," I broke out with as we moved on down the corridor without the med-bay.

"She's not only got her heart set on being a Jedi, she's got a mindset about it that's stronger than durasteel. I really hate to disappoint the kid; maybe we might find something at this Valley of the Jedi that you mentioned back there?

"Dammit, I wish Shawn was available..."

But if wishes were opees then Gungans would ride... well, more so than they already did. Shaking my head, I finally noticed the lines of worry creasing Aaron's face, and remembered his earlier words.

"Map? Fiere?" I stated in somewhat of a non sequiteur as, my worries about Thea finally set to one side, I began at last to digest not only those earlier spoken words of his but the dark nuances they carried with them upon their backs.

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-18-2006 06:33 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea just looked after Yaoksi as he left. She didn't want to believe what he had said. He had found a crystal before, though he had given it to her as a pretty thing for her room the first time, from some market. She had figured out what better use she could make of it. Thea took a deep breath. She was going to be a Jedi she couldn't let her emotions take over any more. She waited until she was sure he was out of earshot before speaking.

"He doesn't understand, Link. I can do it. I've been teaching myself pretty much since I left the Praxeum. I borrowed a couple books from the library there right before leaving. I still have them in this bag. The librarian said they were good technique references for students who might be having trouble. I've been reading them and practicing. And I have kept up the exercises I was taught by my first Masters. I can lift things now without too much trouble and move things and I made one lightsaber. I just need some scrap metal and something for a switch and a safety turnoff. I can find all that on the ship. I'll just ask a tech for whatever cast offs they have lying around. I can at least get that done before we find a new crystal. I will be a Jedi, Link. Even if I have to learn it all on my own."

Thea stared off at the door, refusing to believe any of what Yaoksi said.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.237.157
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 10-22-2006 09:39 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron's worry creases deepened only further at Yaoksi's query. "Yeah, apparently that crazy lady that tried to take Thea had some computer files that made some planet called Fierre the center of the universe. And she had the coordinates to some place called the Valley of the Jedi..

...and I've never even heard of it." He frowned. "As for Thea, I think she's clueless as to what the state of affairs of the universe are...

...and I don't think she's too young to know any longer, especially not if she wants to become a Jedi."

He paused, then a thought struck him. "Hey, didn't that Thoran say Shawn was with everyone on K'eel Doba? I wonder if he knows what the Valley of the Jedi is..."

He trailed, his look growing vague for a moment as they came up on a small engineering wing nearby the captain's office. In the center of it was a row of computer consols, and in front of one of those consols was a group of men, some standing, some sitting...

...and all looking fairly wide-eyed. As Aaron and Yaoksi approached, several of the men parted so that Aaron could get a good look at the terminal. "What am I looking at?" he asked.

"A map described by the files as the Rebuilt Fierre. It looks very similar to Coruscant...

...but according to our databases, there was a planet by the name of Fierre."

Aaron cocked a brow. "There was? It's no longer in existence?"

"Well, not exactly. It's still around, but it's uninhabitable. Apparently a native from the planet named Hethrir, who was a student of Darth Vader, unleashed a virus on the planet and destroyed it. Whoever had these plans made up...

...feels Fierre deserves much more than that. They've marked their rebuilt plans as the galactic capital...

...have placed all the other planets on the map...

...except one. Coruscant isn't even there."

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 10-23-2006 06:17 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Like I said before I'm no jedi, I'm a slicer and a thief. So I can't help you much in that department."

I took out my blaster and set it down in front of me and stared at it for a moment.

"For the past 14 years that has been my only friend..."

After staring at it for a moment longer I slowly raised my head to look at Thea.

"Now I have you and Yaoksi. I don't know what is so special about this crystal that you need and what makes it so hard to find, but I'm sure with my skills that it shouldn't be to hard to do... righy?"

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 10-23-2006 09:25 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Up until this point I had been content to just tag alongside Aaron, letting my big ears do the listening for me while my head spun with the effort of following the apparent trend of those words to their probable conclusions. But this was too much; uttering a voiceless "what the--!" I shouldered in to take my own gander at the displayed map.

Sure as shootin' there was no Coruscant.

"Now that's just impossible!" I burst out with as I straightened to look everyone in their collective eyes. All I got in return were various and sundry looks that all had one thing in common: they were very worried.

Aaron's most of all.

"Well it is!" I went on, albeit in a bit less of an intense manner than before.

"This has to be wishful thinking or something on the part of someone who is very sick; there's no way in the creation of all that is that anyone is going to take Coruscant out and supplant it with-- with-- well, with whatever place that is supposed to be."

I waved a hand toward the map, continued staring at the eyes all around me. They in turn continued to stare back, the degree of consternation within them not lessening one whit.

"Well... isn't it?" I ended, turning to pin Aaron with my own look of rising concern and doubt.

--------------------

Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-23-2006 09:52 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea smiled at Link. She liked her more and more the longer they were together. She glanced at the blaster as her friend took it out. Thea had always feared the weapon a bit, her father had kept his locked away and she knew not to go near it and the Jedi found little use for one so she had never seen them use one.
She paused for a moment looking Link in the eye, "I'm glad we have you too, Link. You could help me you know. Jedi are supposed to know about the universe and how to interact with different beings from different planets and have the street-smarts you have. I can't learn all that on my own and you've seen a lot more of it than I have. I can practice using the Force on my own, you have to feel that anyway. But I couldn't have gotten myself out of the mess I was in back there - and I would probably never have seen the need to. Not while I was in it at least. You could teach me that. And as for the crystal - its only going to be hard to find on a ship I think. People use them everywhere in fancy things - they don't know thier power - so if we were in a market I could just buy something with one in it and take it out to use. They basically are the heart of a lightsaber. THey give the blade it's color and strength and connection to the Force. All you really need for a lightsaber is something for a casing and switch, a crystal to make it work and a power cell - and all ships have tons of those lying around. We'll find it all."

--------------------

Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 10-23-2006 09:53 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron pursed his lips, his eyes dark with concern. "They said what the Rebellion planned against both Death Stars was impossible too," he commented. "And we have seen entire planets wiped out in this galaxy before, albeit a long time ago," he added.

Looking over to Yaoksi, Aaron's look only darkened further. "I might not be entirely thrilled with the Empire, but I certainly am not thrilled with whomever this lady is. We need to have discussions with the New Empire...

...and we need to present those files..."

He paused, looking over to the main technician. "Right after we have our own copies of it."

The technician nodded. "Already done, sir," he replied.

Aaron nodded, his eyes vague. Glancing at his chrono a bit nervously, he counted the hours to reversion in his head. "We've got eight standard hours of hyperspace travel left," he observed out loud, turning once more to Yaoksi. "You may want to get some rest, and I probably should do the same...

...but at the moment, with the events upcoming, I think all I really want is a good drink. This is a load of dangerous information we're going to try to use for entrance into Khar Delban space. If I didn't have friends down there in who knows what kind of straights, I don't know that the best option wouldn't be to simply hand this information over as is, because of what it is."

He paused then, another thought occurring. He turned back to the technician. "What about that stuff about the coordinates to a Valley of the Jedi? Did anyone find out what that was?"

"Well, we're not exactly sure what it is sir," the technician replied. "But we do know one thing. Some guy, who was involved with this Hethrir person according to our records, used it to create some powerful Dark Jedi known as the...

...the Reborn."

The technician's final word fell into dead silence.

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-24-2006 08:59 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The comm officer that received Thoran's message arched an eyebrow. "No, Lord Thoran," he replied, "We are still in hyperspace for approximately eight standard hours yet."

He paused, wondering why Lord Thoran hadn't noticed this for himself; hyperspace could be seen from every duraplast window on the ship.

"Do you need something else, Sir?"

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 10-24-2006 09:31 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Oh, I guess we are,” said Thoran, glancing out the port. “Eight hours, eh?”

Thoran ran his hand through his hair, then blew out a long breath.

“Is the captain available?” he asked.

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 10-28-2006 06:42 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I find it stange that you really want to learn from me. I'm a criminal in almost every system and have numerous bounties on my head, granted that no one known that the Slicer named Link is really a 14 year old ryn. I thought you jedi upheld the law."

I knew I could trust Yaoksi and Aaron they are more or less in the same boat as me on the lines of legality, and I knew I could trust Thea but any jedi we ran into might be a different story.

"If you want to know where to find the parts you need for a lightsaber you might want to ask Aaron, this is his ship. Then we can do find them, it may be good for you to walk around."

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-28-2006 11:02 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea thought about what Link said for a minute.
"Well, yes, Jedi are supposed to uphold the law where possible. But that doesn't mean that they go around arresting smugglers and the like. I mean three Jedi have worked with Yaoksi and all of them trusted my safe-keeping with him at one point or another knowing he was... Well some would say a criminal. They are more worried about the bigger issues: keeping the peace - what little thier is, preventing this new Empire from getting stronger, staying alive... The Empire destroyed the Praxeum - which is why I'm with Yaoksi instead of being at school. But in any case, you know what I need to know and slicing doesn't hurt people so why shouldn't I learn from you."

Thea looked cautiously at Link. She wasn't sure what her friend was going to think of her ideas. She glanced briefly towards the door. Thea was ready to get out of the medical wing and go exploring but she was unsure whether or not she would be allowed to yet.

"Link, do you think they'll let me leave here? No one has told me I can get out of bed yet. I don't really want to go if it would worry anyone, but I don't want to stay here either."

--------------------

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 10-29-2006 10:09 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well Thea was half right slicing in itself doesn't harm anyone but the effects might. While most of the information I sliced is used for things like insideer trading, blackmail, and stealing research; this isn't always the case. Sometimes the information can be used for murder, bombings, reasons to go to war, there is a very long list.

"I don't think you understand what exactly slicing is and what I do but that can wait for another time."

I stood up and gently grabbed Thea's hand.

"If your worried about things like if you can leave lets just ask Aaron if its ok."

I took a comm unit and handed it to Thea.

"Go ahead and ask him."

--------------------

Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-31-2006 08:25 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea took the comlink from Link. It wouldn't hurt to ask them, after all how much trouble could she get into on a ship. She could understand why Yaoksi had seemed a little protective lately but she was still a bit nervous about even asking to do anything. She had never really liked asking for things for herself especially when it meant disturbing someone but if she had to stay in one place much longer she would go crazy.

Heistantly she pushed the comlink on and called, "Aaron, umm it's Thea. I was... wondering... if I can ... go ... somewhere. Umm out of bed."

Thea glanced at Link and waited for a response.

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 11-09-2006 05:11 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I cut a glance back and forth between the techie and Aaron, wondering why in all the known universe the simple term "reborn" had them both in such a dither. For although neither was saying anything, their body language spoke volumes about the subject.

So much so that Aaron was completely oblivious to the quiet meeping of his commlink.

I waited a moment or two longer before finally deciding to break the odd, crystalline silence.

"Umm, Aaron--?" I said, nodding toward his wrist.

--------------------

Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 11-09-2006 09:57 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Oh," Aaron said a bit awkwardly, snapping out of his momentary funk as he considered the implications of everything new they were learning here.

"I guess I was caught up in the moment, and some thoughts of rumors I've heard of the New Empire utilizing some people known as Reborn for troops or something. Might be a coincidence...

...but I don't know."

He shrugged it off, albeit only momentarily. "Let's see what this is," he then commented, pushing his commlink.

Immediately Thea's message came through the wristcomm's small speaker. Aaron raised an eyebrow, and glanced towards Yaoksi, his eyes all but asking him what he thought they should do about Thea's peculiar request.

In the meantime, he sent out a reply, however. "What is it you want to do, Thea?" he queried, falling silent at that.

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 11-09-2006 10:01 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"The captain is not momentarily available, but I can send him a message if you have one that needs to be sent," the comm officer replied to Thoran, waiting to see what he might have to say next.

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 11-10-2006 06:55 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron's reply startled Thea a little, "What is it you want to do, Thea?"
She had to think about it for a minute. What did she actually want to do. There wasn't really anything in particular that jumped to mind she was just tired of being in bed and feeling helpless.

"Well I really just want to move." She thought a minute more. "And clean up. I haven't washed or changed my clothes since before that explosion in the hangar. I feel kind of dirty and restless that's all."
She hoped Aaron would think that this little bit of activity was ok. Now that she was thinking about it she noticed a slight odor coming from her shirt.

--------------------

Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 11-10-2006 08:40 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron didn't see anything wrong with Thea wanting to clean herself up a bit; in fact, he took this as a sign of her recovery.

"Sure you can get cleaned up," Aaron responded simply. "in fact, I'd imagine you might be a bit hungry too. I'll tell the head medical technician to take you to some quarters where you can clean up, then you and Cel can go for some food. If you wait just a minute, let me talk to the med tech."

With that, Aaron changed his comm frequency, and requested that the medical techician take Thea to some suites nearby the infirmary. Certain that this would be done, Aaron returned to Cel's commlink frequency.

"Thea, Cel, the medical technician will walk you to some suites in a moment, ok? If you need anything else, let me know."

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 11-13-2006 11:19 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran thought for a moment.

"I find myself unable to sleep further," he said. "If he should require me, he should find himself free to call upon me. I will be-- well, doing something anyway until then."

Thoran released the button and walked to the video unit on the wall.

"Show me the location of Erik Kartan," he said.

Nothing happened.

Thoran puzzled.

"Show me the location of Aelvedaar."

Still nothing.

He went back to the com on the wall and pressed the button.

"By the way," he said. "I think your revealer is broken... oh, wait."

He released the button and sat on the bed.

"Maybe a tad little bit more rest would be nice, and give me something to do while waiting for that captain."

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.226.28.175
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 11-15-2006 06:08 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea had never realized how nice a shower could feel. It had always been a chore for her - something she had to do before bed because her parents had told her so. But today it seemed as if all her troubles could just be washed away with the grime that had built up as a result of her wandering around the city before finding the group. Drying off she pulled out her blue dress from her bag. She had a feeling that she wouldn't be doing much running of fighting for a while and was ready to be out of pants for a while. The dress was soft and silky though it was begining to get tight on her. "Soon I won't be able to wear this anymore either," she thought. That was something she would have to address with the men at some point - it had been a long time since she had gotten new clothes and she jsut kept growing. Thea quickly brushed out her hair and braided it back out of her way.

Turning to Link she said, "So are you hungry too? Should we eat something and go back to our game?"

--------------------

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.231.191
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 11-15-2006 08:07 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea is lucky she doesn't have all this fur. It takes much longer to clean, especially if your fur happens to be white.

It actually didn't take that long to clean it all but took forever to brush her tail so that the fur didn't have anymore knots. While Thea sported a new dress Cel just donned her old cloths again.
A dress on a warship... thats going to stickout.

"Some food would be good. As for our game, this ship most likely has some sabac players as well, since the best way to learn is by playing the real thing we should try to find some. Its a great way to kill time, but mostly earn credits."

--------------------

Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 11-16-2006 12:48 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea smiled at Link. "That would be fun, but you don't need to have credits to start to play do you? Yaoksi's been taking care of everything for me and well I didn't need anything going to Yavin so my parents didn't give me any." Thea paused a moment, "But let's not worry about that until after we eat. I feel like its been months since I had anything real to eat." Thea skipped to the door happy to have the run of a ship again. "Which way should we try going first?"

--------------------

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.231.191
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 11-21-2006 11:17 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran paced the room, his body still shaking from the dream. He sat down on the bed and tried to calm down, but suddenly every corner of the room held a shadow that moved, or a noise from some unseen ghost. He stood again, paced some more, and went to the refresher room. He splashed his face with cold water, wiped it with a towel, then returned to the main room and paced some more.

He shook his head and redressed into his black tunic.

“Well,” he said to the empty shadows. “If I’m going to pace then I’m going somewhere with a better view.”

He picked up the pass card, stuck it in his pocket, and left the room. Closing the door, he attempted to retrace his steps to the lounge. After wandering for a bit, he finally found himself standing once again in the doorway of the Blue Asteroid.

“Hello!” he called in. “I believe that you still owe me a meal. Is it ready yet?”

[ 11-21-2006 11:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Thoran ]

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.136.137.186
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 11-21-2006 11:39 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I opened my mouth, ready to reply, my Daddy blood fully up that there was no way in all the known universe that I was going to hand Thea blithely over to some techie, thank you very much, when I paused.

Blinked.

Yaoksi, this is an SSD, not the understories on Coruscant. It's Eagle Enterprises, not the wilds of Dagobah.

What harm can come to Thea in this environment? Let her stretch her wings a little...

I blinked again, and quietly closed my mouth.

There's more to being a jedi than flashing a lightsaber around, after all. The kid needs to grow up.

My former thought reminded me of Aaron's earlier dire revelations; now all outlandish worry about anything happening to Thea while she was on the Hornett disappeared into the mists and was promptly replaced with a newer and more realistic one.

What in blazes was that file about, the one which showed Coruscant replaced by... by...

...well, by something new and unknown and more than likely something the majority of the galaxy was not going to like very much.

I let a puff of air escape my lips then, one with another directly on its heels.

Who the hell are the Reborn? Or, what?

Shaking my head, I ran my hand through my hair.

"I need a drink," I announced in something of a non sequiteur.

"I'm going to the Blue Asteroid, have a couple nightcaps, and then get a good eight hours. THEN I might be able to come up with some kind of idea as to how I'm going to react to what you just told me, pal; but as for now, it's too much for this ol' spacer to even begin thinking about."

Nodding to Aaron I finished by inviting him to come join me when he finished whatever it was he was busy with at the moment. Then turning on my heel, I retraced my steps to the posh little space lounge the Hornett boasted of:

The Blue Asteroid...

Pausing only fractionally at the doorway into the lounge, I took a quick gander around. Nothing looked scary, no one looked deadly.

Yaoksi ol' pirate, quit looking for ghosts. Just because you've been made privy to what was in the file Cel hacked into...

I shot a furtive glance around again, my gut wobbling between trying to tell me to keep on my toes, and yammering loudly for me to fill it with something tall and cool that bit. Nothing looked untoward; sniffing little, I stuck my hands in my pockets and bellied up to the bar where I ordered a Whyrene's Reserve on ice.

[ 11-21-2006 11:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 11-22-2006 11:30 AM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron stood for a minute or so longer after Yaoksi departed, his look growing darker and more distant by the moment.

Reborn, evil ladies, Jedi at risk, a Sith on his ship...

...and Terrin, Galen, and the guys alive and well in the Sith worlds. Kriffing hell, this trip wasn't moving fast enough...

...and this was all a bit more than he was used to dealing with. A drink sounded REALLY good...

"Find out more about these Reborn," Aaron then said to the head technician, "And about this Fierre planet, and about its people. I'd love to know why someone would be so interested in making it the center of our galaxy. Give me a comm when you get finished...

...because in the meantime, I sure need a drink too."

As the technician nodded then, Aaron gracefully bowed out of the room, heading for the Blue Asteroid. It didn't take him long to make his way the entrance...

...only to find n Lord Thoran standing at the door about to go in himself, calling in about some sort of meal someone owed him.

Aaron paused, cocking a brow as he looked at the Sith. "They have some wonderful nerfsteak on the menu," he opened with, "And it goes well with a good mug or two of Whyrene's Reserve. Care to join my buddy and I for some?"

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05