my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » The Dream of Those That Wake (Page 10)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Dream of Those That Wake
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 11-28-2006 10:59 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I frowned. Now Thoran was talking words I didn't like hearing from anyone, unless it was a particular chitin-skinned mechanic of my acquaintance.

"Hey now, wait a minute," I finally said, placing my elbow on the bar and leaning forward to look past Aaron at the big red guy.

"Are you tellimg me that in either case you're going to be leaving Aaron and me alone in these so-called Darker Realms, whether for a couple seconds if we go on foot, or an entire minute if we're in Devil?

"That we'd have to wait while you catch your breath to retrieve us?"

I cut an incredulous glance toward Aaron, then returned my attention to Thoran. This was beginning to sound like a no-win situation if ever I saw one; I was beginning to kick myself for even thinking we could use means beyond our ken to sneak into the Sith world.

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 11-29-2006 07:45 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well now I'm hungry lets get on with the food."

We entered te establishment and almost instantly I saw Yaoksi and Aaron talking to a being I had never met. That must be their new sith friend.

"Hey Aaron, does this place have any wookie food."

Without waiting for him to respond I turned and shouted to the closest waiter.

"Hey waiter Caff, extra strong."

Turning back to the group and waiting for my drink I aksed.

"So whas going on?"

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 11-29-2006 04:39 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea followed Link into the bar feeling much better about her current situation. She had never thought to have such a caring friend and she felt she could skip all the way to where ever they were going. Seeing Yaoksi and Aaron she waved excitedly and hurried over to them.
"Hi, what's the best thing they serve here?" She sat down next to Link looking over at the group of men beside them. Hesitating a moment, thinking about what she had just been learning, Thea reached out her hand to the stranger sitting with them, "I'm Thea. What's your name?"

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.231.191
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 11-29-2006 09:03 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran looked down at the girl before him and smiled.

“Hello there, Thea,” he said, bemused and taking her hand. “The best thing they serve here is, of course, me. Ha! Seriously, though, try the roasted… um, whatever it is I’m eating. It’s good.”

He let go of the little hand and regarded Yaoksi.

“And no, I won’t leave you alone at all. I wouldn’t do that to anyone, believe me. I’ll be with you the whole time, preferably inside the ship, but the effort to open a hole that big will take a little bit to recover from. I’ll try again as soon as I can afterwards to open the hole back out. It’s sort of like an air lock, if you can think of it that way. We open the door, go in, shut the door, then open the next door. But it’s hard work and I’ll need a minute to get the focus back.”

His eyes opened wide in realization, and he turned back to the girl.

“How rude of me, I never told you my name! I’m Thoran, of the Sith.”

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 216.51.227.191
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 11-29-2006 09:19 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now Aaron frowned. "Wait a minute, wait a minute," he then said. "You just said you wouldn't be leaving us, but then said you'd be with us... [i]preferrably in the ship. So what happens if you aren't in the ship, we're all in the Darker realms...

...and something happens?"

Aaron wasn't liking this idea the more they talked about it. Not until he had more specifics and more definitive plans. "And regarding your need some recovery time...

...exactly where will that recovery time occur? With us? Elsewhere?"

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 11-29-2006 09:26 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran sighed.

“All right, let me explain exactly what will happen if we take the ship. First, we all climb inside and take off into space. Then from inside the ship, I do my voo-hoo thing and open a portal in front of the ship. We fly through into the Darker Realms, I close the portal behind us. This is all done while we are inside the ship, because I’m just that good. Then we fend off anything that might see us while I get the strength back to open another portal in front of us, this time out of the Darker Realms and into Sith space. That make sense?”

He winked at Yaoksi.

“By the way, cute kids. They yours?”

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 216.51.227.191
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 11-29-2006 09:27 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My caff just arrived when the conversation started to get interesting.

"Whats going on... Darker realms, a ship, Thoran of the Sith?"

Apparently it seems I've been left out of the loop on whats been going on lately.

"Aaron, Yaoksi whats going on."

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 12-01-2006 03:59 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea motioned to the waiter when he brought Link's drink, "Could I get what he's having,please?"
She smiled at Thoran when he introduced himself, reminding herself not to panic at the same time. She had decided to take everyone as an individual, but every experience she had had with the Sith had been a bad one. Still she was going to continue to work on the lesson she had just realized she was learning. She took a deep breath and looked over at Yaoksi. "I'm with Link. What's going on? Where are we going? Why? And you aren't planning on leaving me behind again, are you?

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.231.191
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 12-04-2006 11:56 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I rubbed my hands over my face, ending with them threading through my hair, which to tell the truth was becoming more and more disheveled what with the manner in which all plans were being made...

...not to mention the sudden insertion of the kids into said affairs.

When my hands came back down it was to grab my drink and knock back a healthy shot. Then I slammed my glass on the table and turned back to Thea and Cel. My immediate reaction, of course, was to let them know in no uncertain terms that there was simply no place for kids where we were going, when I paused to reflect on the look I was getting from the little gal.

Those eyes, shining so bright with open curiosity... and something else. A deeper disappointment, ready to flare out once more; hadn't she already shown a tendency to go trotting off with whoever might just up and come down the pike, offering her candy and dangling a carrot in front of her nose? While I knew this would never happen aboard the Hornett, whose to say that she wouldn't turn away again, seeking something, someone else, if she felt betrayed again?

Gods knew she'd already been derailed from her life's goal too many times already.

I rubbed my face again, agonizing. Then I gave a short, definitive nod.

"Only the one, so far," I began as an aside to Thoran before I looked Thea straight in the eye and set out to be totally honest with her. The kids deserved that at least, I thought.

"Thea honey, yeah, I was going to leave you in safe hands here on Hornett, because we--"

I indicated Aaron and Thoran with a wave of my hand.

"--are going off on a little trip that might, in fact probably will, be very dangerous. We have two routes open to us: one involves confronting the Imperials, the other..."

I fumbled to a halt again, shaking my head at myself. How in the world does an adult tell a child that the Boogeyman is real?

"The other is a shortcut through a very dangerous place, one filled with terrible creatures and no light, and one whose people don't care if you're a kid or grown up.

"If they catch you, you're dead, and that's the simple truth."

I paused yet another moment, letting this sink in.

"Our eventual goal is to go to another world, Thoran's world, the Sith world, honey; Galen and Terrin and all our other friend are there and we want to bring them back here. We don't know if they're in danger there or not, but it could simply be that they can't leave because of the Imperials there blockading the planet.

"We're going to sneak in, find them, and get them out of there. I'm afraid it's going to be awfully dangerous, with a very low probability of success; do you honestly believe you are up to what might happen?

"Can't you understand why I would rather you two remain aboard Hornett, where you'd be out of danger? I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to you."

((OOC: Thread continues in Suffer Thou Not in the "Empire/Republic" forums, thank you.))

[ 12-04-2006 12:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05