my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Siege of a Soul (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Siege of a Soul
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-22-2006 10:31 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(((OOC: All those in the thread "Into the Out of" in this forum, mozey on in here. Thankyou.)))

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.143.78
The Darker Realms

Broken Back Button

Member # 728

posted 04-23-2006 12:44 PM     Profile for The Darker Realms   Author's Homepage   Email The Darker Realms     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The demons, now dozens in number, stood in Rykounagin’s way. Paying no heed to the weapon he brandished, they bobbed and swayed, gibbering and clicking to each other. The imp who had first queried Rykounagin leapt from its position to land closer, shoving another imp out of the way as it did.

“Warriors?” it asked. “Dark Lord of Sith? Is am that what it is saying? If it being Dark Lord of Warriors, then it am being General Roan.”

A shivering clamor went up amongst the imps, as if the very name agitated them.

“And if it am being Roan, then we am saying ‘no more!’ No more am we fighting for you! No more am we fighting for Master!”

The imp paused, then drew closer.

“But me am not seeing General Roan in my eyes,” it said. “Me am seeing something new. And if me am hearing it, it am not liking Master, now, am it? And if it am hating Master, how am its feeling at General Roan, oh Dark Lord of Sith Warriors?”

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Apr 2006  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-23-2006 09:00 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I have very little time for your mockery. You will aid me, you will get out of my way, or you will die." There was very little amusement or pity in my soul at that moment as I looked down at the gibbering nuicances.

"I would suggest a choice, before I lose my patience with the lot of you. Roan is the dark lord of these realms, and of the warriors, this is true. But of the normal world, it is by his chosing that I am dark lord. Will you come to the aid of General Roan and defeat his adversary? Or shall you stand aside and let his chosen do his work?"

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

The Darker Realms

Broken Back Button

Member # 728

posted 04-23-2006 11:24 PM     Profile for The Darker Realms   Author's Homepage   Email The Darker Realms     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The imp lowered, it’s tail poising behind it. The rest of the imps let a dark rumble pass through the lot of them.

“Roan am not being lord of this realm, only one am being lord of this realm, and that not being Roan or Master. We am servants of one true lord, and if you am chosen of Roan, then you am enemy. Roan and Master friends, Roan leading army in name of Master. We hates both. We am hoping you friendly against Master…”

The imp’s eyes glowed, as if waiting to give the mortal another chance to respond. But the flash of tails of nearly one hundred imps made it clear there was not much time for Rykounagin to think about it.

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-23-2006 11:28 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"No friends of each other, are the self-proclaimed Master, and Roan. You may not like either, but why not side with one temporarily, to destroy the other?"

As I asked this, I gave every image of being relaxed and at ease, though within was a burning passion that was taut, and ready to be released.

With just any trigger.

--------------------

The Darker Realms

Broken Back Button

Member # 728

posted 04-23-2006 11:58 PM     Profile for The Darker Realms   Author's Homepage   Email The Darker Realms     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The imp glowered.

“To be friends with one is to be dead,” it said. “Roan makes us slaves, be in army, beats us. Master has plans too big to be knowing. But we not need one if we have another to lead us… one who am strong, not liking either. Wants revenge, like am feeling from yous… yous feelings fall from your like poo from behind, and making smellies. If yous fighting Master, fighting Roan, we follows.”

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-24-2006 04:01 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I looked upon the demons for a long moment, feeling that darkness tug at my mind again, tempting it to come out and let it be the forefront of my expressions.

But beating it to the chase, was a small bit of intuitiveness and guile that I possessed. As I began to speak, I let a visage of feralaty that the demons possessed as well coat my expression.

"Turn against Roan? So that they both might be destroyed? To throw off my shackles and join you? That, I could delight in."

I looked up at the tower again, and gestured up with the hand that held the blade. "Let us siege, and slay the one that stands so close. Then, we shall deal with your old enslaver."

--------------------

The Darker Realms

Broken Back Button

Member # 728

posted 04-25-2006 11:57 PM     Profile for The Darker Realms   Author's Homepage   Email The Darker Realms     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The imp threw back its head and clicked loudly, making a sound that resembled a chorus of lively crickets. It finally looked back to Rykounagin.

“Yes,” it hissed gleefully. “But we am needing more, and more, and more to fights Roan. His is big army, and if we am showing we fighting good, maybe more will turn for us in battle. But we needs other things firstly. Roan is spirit, livings in spirit world. But him too strong to be like us, we can die-- means we go back to void and become one with all and nothing. But him, no him stay spirit. When spirit, nothing can kill him. Needs to be made into weaker spirit, weaker likes us. Then when we killing him, he go back to void, too.”

The imp stopped chittering, and became very serious.

“We needs something else, first,” it said lowly. “A friend, an imp from the Tower, a smarty he is, he tell us that Roan not invincible. He tell us that Master not invincible. He tell us about other peoples, living in Realm of Light, who know of us and deals with us. And now you tells us you Dark Lord of these peoples. You know then where to go to get thing we needs. Thing these Sith make, when they deals with us, to protects them just in case, thing they hides in place called ‘Core-isss-seee-un’, in place called ‘tem-peel’. This thing, Tower Imp says, take away power, take away spirit strength, make Roan like us. Then we turns it on Master.”

The Master

Member # 529

posted 04-26-2006 11:35 AM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Master smiled, although the expression was not echoed by the black skin around his face. His outer shell called out to strike the Halfling, to send her flying across the room into the wall, where she would collapse into a ball of crumpled flesh, discarded.

But the Master’s arm would not beckon to this call, and he stayed unmoving, smiling. Initially caught off guard by the advent of the darkness, the Master had been controlled by it. But he was strong willed, and even now was learning to not only coexist with the dark skin, but to influence it in turn. At length the darkness stilled as well, calmed.

“With wisdom,” he said, “you shall be a great leader. There are times of great hardship at the doorstep of the galaxy, and the Sith shall lead the way to victory. You shall then find a galaxy at your very feet.”

The Master felt the pull again of the darkness, but he stayed it. No longer would his own plans be put on hold, for his was the just and true cause that would save the galaxy.

“Your life is clouded, and many secrets I would impart to you. But begin with a thought, and a choice. You have the makings of greatness, I have granted you the balance you deserve, the balance denied you by the tug of war between your father and mother. You shall feel the pangs of human emotions, the need for the love of another. But this shall cloud your instincts, and veil the truth before you. Balance means sacrifice, and you must answer with your heart the questions you will ask yourself.”

The Master smiled once more, this time the blackness around him moving as real skin.

“And the first question, now that you can truly see, is what do you truly feel? About your life, about your mother… about yourself?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-28-2006 07:48 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I smirked. "We need no such tools." I looked at the tower. "We do this now, while the Master is weak and preoccupied. Come now." I began to walk through the demons towards the tower.

"With me now, or never." I said, beginning to ascend the hill towards the tower, in all appearences as demonic as those I called to my will.

--------------------

The Darker Realms

Broken Back Button

Member # 728

posted 04-28-2006 09:04 PM     Profile for The Darker Realms   Author's Homepage   Email The Darker Realms     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The imp backed down, mulling back into the crowd of demons that now chattered and clicked. A small spattering of “now, now” began among some of the imps, which soon cascaded into a full chant as the imps allowed Rykounagin passage.

Now over three hundred imps formed lines behind Rykounagin, and marched in time to his own footsteps.

The Tower loomed in the distance, dark and foreboding. The black sky seemed even darker over its spires, and ominous clouds devoured the space above it. The Tower itself was the central piece to the Dark Hall, the skull-shaped atrocity that housed countless ages of dark beings. The giant dark amber beam from the central crystal moved slowly across the realms as it rotated, seeming to seek out any who dare approach.

“The Guardian,” rasped an imp from behind Rykounagin. “There it stands!”

The imp pointed to the distant tower, its disheartening blackness looming. Even from this distance, the rotting carcasses of countless species could be seen hanging from the thousands of hooks and spikes jutting from the walls. At the foot of the skull-shaped structure stood an anomaly in this black land – a large figure standing perfectly still, covered head to toe in pure white and holding what could only be described as a giant pike.

The imp broke its stride and sidled next to Rykounagin.

“When it asks, will you know the answer?”

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-28-2006 09:39 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I have no fear in that I will know the answer, for my faith in my goal is unshakable." I approached the guardian, ready for whatever foolish task it would give or question it would speak.

"I will hear your test, and complete it, guardian of the tower." I spoke strongly, but my mind spoke a different line: and even if I do not, you will not stop me.

I gripped Evictus even more tightly, and waited for its response.

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 05-02-2006 11:04 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The halfling stared at the blackened being for a long moment as if considering whether or not she should deign to answer. From somewhere deep inside herself a now-buried portion wanted nothing other than to lunge at him, claws extended, to rip the supercilious smile right off of his hideous face. But the greater portion saw not only the eventual futility of this action, but how utterly ridiculous it was as well.

Too great a waste of energy, energy I will need to depart from this place, the thought piped up within, pushing the remaining growls away by its surprising logic.

Instead she smiled, and blinked once.

"How do I feel?" she repeated, the tone of her voice one of musing, in obvious mockery of the Master.

"Why, I feel--"

She stopped abruptly then as a new wonder rushed down upon her, enveloping her with wings of liquid ebon.

I can feel...

No longer wrapped up in herself, the emotions she had held within were allowed to burst out. She suddenly found herself not only only capable of feeling, but that she was.

Her father--?

Undying devotion combined with a love bordering on that of infatuated selfishness.

Her mother--?

Cocking her head, she brought forth an image of her: long flaming hair, pale skin, brilliant violet eyes, short of stature.

Respect, she suddenly decided upon. Nothing other than that. Not yet. Not even in the face of the her supposed betrayal.

That errant thought brought her full circle back to what the Master had just told her; now she cocked her head in earnest, frowning a bit.

"I have no hatred toward either of my parents," she finally said, her frown darkening a bit more.

"You lie; there is no betrayal. I have no idea where you get this idea, but I will not listen further to such nonsense.

"And as for a galaxy being laid at my feet, why--"

Again, another pause. Again, an innate, inward scrutiny. A sensing, not seeing. A feeling, not reacting.

A solid certainty.

"It is already there. I do not need you for it."

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-05-2006 02:49 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Master let loose a loud, genuine laugh. His face lit in a flood of delight as he threw his head back and let his joviality fill the space around him.

“It is only certain,” he said at last, “if a series of events fall into place. A true Sith, you are, dear lady, to expect the galaxy to throw itself to its knees before you and worship the dust between your toes. The harsh truth is, little one, that the Sith are not even known to exist in this galaxy of yours. Your troops are out of touch with the sort of warfare they shall encounter now, and the magicks which once brought fear into the hearts of systems now barely extend their influence upon your own people. No, child, you are not receiving a gift – you are receiving the opportunity to take something, but you need assistance.”

The Master lowered his head, keeping his eyes trained on ShaRhylla. His mouth tightened into a half-smile.

“As for your feelings,” he continued. “It pleases me you feel no hatred, but then you do not understand the betrayal. Think first to your childhood, the fond memories I am sure you have of playing in the courtyards, of climbing trees and sharing secrets with friends. Tell me of these memories, your most fond adventures as a young one, perhaps. The most happiest time with your mother, when you were young, and that shall suffice.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 05-05-2006 11:05 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Once more ShaRhylla turned her attention inward, scrutinizing deeply into her most inner psyche, the very base core of herself, and once again she came up empty handed. For there she found no cheerful memories of childhood play, no romping with friends, no play engaged in, no secrets shared.

Only secrets shared with her father, in a white room full of tall, graceful people she did not understand.

As she did not understand now. But not understanding why she had no childhood memories did not mean she pined for them; one cannot, after all, miss as something lost a thing one never had.

She straightened further and looked the Master straight in his baleful, red eye.

"I do not recall such a childhood as you speak of," she said firmly. "Furthermore, it is of no consequence, for what I do remember is Father telling me that I was special, destined for greatness. I needed not the frivolity of youth, as do some.

"He made me whole enough."

She blinked as the last words slipped from her mouth, surprising her for the ease with which they had crept out from an unknown portion of her being. They hovered about her head, halfway taunting, halfway protective.

For a moment she wavered, then chose the latter course. Drawing in a deep breath, she turned away from the Master and walked to the nearest wall. It was cold and oily to her touch, and gave beneath her hand in a manner unpleasantly reminiscent of decaying flesh.

A ripple susurrated through her.

She ignored it, and turned back to the blackened being.

"You do not care one whit for me, do you?" she said, once again surprised with herself.

"You wish this power for yourself, do you not? You wish the galaxy to fall at your feet, not mine, is this not true? Else why would you have taken me from my husband, and brought me here, a prisoner.

"It is not for my sake that you speak to me as you do; it is for yours. And you need me to obtain this power, don't you?"

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
The Master

Member # 529

posted 05-08-2006 03:39 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Master’s face turned stoic.

“I seek not power,” he said. “For power I have. What I seek is something you would not understand. It is maddening, playing the part I have. Deep within me is the sadness of a father who betrayed his son for the secrets of the galaxy, only to have those secrets destroy all that the father was. Also within me is knowledge of things to come, and things that have been, and the myriad of possibilities that change with every tick of the clock.”

The Master took a step towards ShaRhylla.

“You know not who I am,” he said softly. “Yet the dark powers which enrich me are well acquainted with you. Memories, feelings of – longing. They permeate me as much as the power they give. I have no intent to separate you long from your husband – but I do entreat you to consider who it is that gave him to you, and why.”

The Master reached his hand out towards her, then paused. He retreated a step and turned his head.

“The realm yearns for you, my dark one, it presses me to give you to it, yet I shall not. I care much more for the future than I do for myself, and would see the galaxy saved long before the return of Entar-- before the darkness has its way.”

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 05-08-2006 04:00 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These words sparked the halfling's curiosity.

"Save the galaxy? From what?" she asked, ignoring the reference the black entity had made, oh so obliquely, regarding Entaris.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
The Darker Realms

Broken Back Button

Member # 728

posted 05-09-2006 12:19 AM     Profile for The Darker Realms   Author's Homepage   Email The Darker Realms     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The imps chattered, some in anticipation, others in panic. Some doubled over laughing, while even others stood in awe at either the boldness or foolishness of the man. A deep red imp sidled up to Rykounagin and tugged at his arm.

“Oh great one,” it hissed. “It guardses the only ways in to the Dark Hall. No taskses, it asks you questions, in the heads, and you answers. If you knowses, you go in. If not, well…” The imp grabbed its nearest comrade and threw it towards the guardian. The huge being shone brightly, spreading its white light into the surrounding area and making the imps jump and weave. It looked down from its head, towering 8 feet higher than the hapless imp, and seemed to burn its vision into the demon. A moment of silence passed, and the imp stared blankly at the guardian. It twitched, shuffled its feet, and looked nervously back at the imp who had thrown it forward. Finally it turned its head back to the guardian.

“Seven?” it said with trepidation. The guardian, in the blink of an eye, drove its massive pike into the imp’s body and hurled it backwards, sending it flying upwards until it smacked into the side of the Dark Hall, impaled upon a huge bone jutting out from the macabre building.

“See,” said the red imp. “Easy, yes? It asks you question, you answers right, you goes in. You answers wrong, you goes up. Go, oh great one!”

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-09-2006 04:05 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I watched as the Imp in its last moments struggled against its swiftly comming death, until it grew still, then looked at the guardian. An impressive building, and it would give me a question that would determine my future for an eternity.

If I were to fail at this moment I would die, and my world would be lost. My love could fall prey to the beast within the tower, and who knows of the other things I now had sway over.

It was a point of no return, a place where nothing in the future was certain, only one absolute existed:

To do, or to die.

Had that not been how I had lived for the past two years?

I smiled, and stepped towards the guardian, knowing from watching the guardian that the query would come to me without a word from it. There was a long, long silence, as its question filtered through me, teasing at me, prodding my thoughts.

There were so many answers to it, so manythings, that longed to draw upon my emotions, upon my pride and my faults, upon my knowledge and my ignorance.

I knew that I knew the answer, for it was not a simple question that always had an absolute. But I knew the absolute, and I feared it. I did not want to admit it. I had never wanted to admit it, and had sworn long ago that I would never believe it or say it...

But even as I readied myself for a firm answer, one that the pride and ego of a Sith Lord could be expected to give, a voice seemed to whisper in the back of my mind. It scolded me for being so selfish, for doing what I wanted when I was not the only thing that would lose if I failed.

Was that really worth it? To go out with pride at the sacrifice of so many others, including the one I most loved?

Is not humility, and Martyrdom the sign of the greatest man?

I bit my lip slightly, then opened my mouth to speak slowly. "I am..."

The words caught in my throat, and I saw the demon shift in readiness to destroy me upon my answer, if it were to be wrong. But I forged ahead, and spoke as clearly as I could manage.

"...Inadequite."

I had said it. Voice my greatest fear and greatest personally acknowledged fault. Now all I had to do is see if that was the right answer, but at what expense? Would I pass through or die knowing that I had destroyed myself more than his spear could?

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.133.216
The Darker Realms

Broken Back Button

Member # 728

posted 05-12-2006 04:55 PM     Profile for The Darker Realms   Author's Homepage   Email The Darker Realms     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The demon peered down at Rykounagin from behind its steely white helmet, its expression not visible. Its huge pike moved like the wind towards the man, whistling through the dark air with the speed of thought, only to veer at the last second and slash into black wall behind it. A small gap spread from the ground upwards, allowing enough room for Rykounagin passage into the Dark Hall.

The guardian returned its pike to its original position, then looked to the next demon in line, pointing its long armored finger at it. The imps looked to one another nervously, chittering. The first imp in line looked pleadingly to Rykounagin, then looked back to the guardian, then turned and bolted as fast as it could into the darkness beyond. Imps by the dozen turned and scattered into the night.

Above the din of the fleeing imps, a sickening gurgling sound came from the wall as the gap began to slowly heal itself.

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Apr 2006  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-13-2006 10:32 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I let out a quiet breath of relief, and stepped through the quickly closing gap; jerking a foot through as it was almost caught. Turning to the area beyond, I examined it for a moment, looking over walls that almost had a beat of their own.

"Such is the way of darkness..." I murmured, holding Evictus more tightly now, slowly proceeding, my mind stretching further than my body's restraints in a mental call to my loved one.

However, as I moved deeper, it seemed that not only caution, but a tangible feeling of darkness was pressing in on me, smothering my thoughts as best it could.

--------------------

Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 05-15-2006 10:27 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Dark Lord of the Warriors let out a disgusted snarl and grabbed a handy demonic minion by its throat. The beleaguered creature let out a snarl of its own, it's scorpion's tail lashing about, whiplike, to strike against Roan and the non-rock upon which he squatted.

The Lord ignored the annoying sting, the whimpering growls, and merely tightened his clawed fingers about the hapless thing's throat.

"You disgust me, all of you!" he snarled, squeezing tighter with each passing word until a muffled snap reverberated into the dark.

He threw the demon off to its pack and got to his feet with a grunt.

"I have trained you to be stronger than this!" he shouted out from his perch, veritable flames of wrath leaping from his mouth. Far below his demonic horde slavered and drooled, bowing and scraping to him.

He might be lord over his foul Tower, but I have these--

"Worthless whelps!"

Yet another snarl cracked from his lips as he stood above them, hands fisted on his hips, his legs apart as he stared down at the pack of imps. They in turn strove to appease his anger by attempting to form into ranks, trying to coordinate themselves into one entire whole which, if created, would indeed be something too horrific to stop.

They managed the feat for a moment... and then dissolved into myriad snapping, yapping individuals.

Roan sighed, his vision growing darker by the minute. Then his eyes narrowed as another thought struck.

My son has strengths within him; perhaps with his aid these ridiculous creatures will be beaten into something close to being disciplined!

Thus it was that he reached out along the Link he had formed with Rykounagin, just in time to "see" his interaction with the Guardian of the Black Tower. Through Rykounagin's own eyes he sensed his entry therein.

The lad has courage and honor, I'll grant him that much, he thought, knowing he could not go to his aide physically, knowing as well that he was in the most dire of danger.

But he does not yet have the power he needs.

A whisper wafted from his synapses, through the ether, into Rykounagin's brain, seeking out every cell, every neuron, every electrical bypath.

"Remember the Channeler, son, that I would deign you not touch. It can help you in your time of need..."

He fell into a mental silence, the wails of the slobbering demons utterly lost to his ears.

[ 05-15-2006 11:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-15-2006 11:14 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As I continued up the steps, wondering how endless this stairwell could be when he felt the voice of his father in his mind. Though he knew it, it took him a moment to recognize it in his state; furious as he was.

As powerful as it is, it is no tool! Time and time again I have encountered it and found nothing but betrayal and hate within it! It seeks to work only for its own purposes!

As I spoke, I saw that the staircase was leveling out, the doorway about a hundred yards up the steps. The darker realms did seem to like being extra-dimensional.

I will not use such a thing! I will not become its pawn!

As I progressed up the stairs, the stairwell seemed to be growing smaller, crushing in; even more evident when tendrils of the structures "flesh" began to reach out at me like the claws of demons, to tear at my flesh and keep me from my goal.

My next words were spoken and transmitted as with a fury I gathered my own magical energies and thrust with my blade at the claws, which quickly were pressing in closer upon me, threatening to overwhelm me.

"Love... and faith... is strength enough!"

With a broad sweep of magical energies, I sent a rush of cleansing flame about the passage, causing the walls and tendrils to recoil away, opening the path as I charged up the steps, determined that the master would accost my love no more.

Even better: Would no longer draw another accursed breath.

--------------------

Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 05-16-2006 12:31 AM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anger flared, hot and ripe, carrying upon its flaming back images of Kreesha, who he had loved more than life itself, Kreesha the noble, Kreesha the strong...

Kreesha, dishonored at Her hand, dead by His.

His anger erupted into pure, molten wrath, blinding him for the moment, constricting within his chest. Beneath his feet the imps took note, and fled yowling into the blackness of the beyond.

With great effort he forced his anger, if not likewise to flee, to at least simmer down a touch until he could think again. Drawing in a deep mental breath, he brushed outward again, seeking Rykounagin.

Do not place so high a regard in this thing called Love, my Son, he sent forth.

It would make weaklings of the strong, and destroy that which we desire. Only power, power and strength, truly prevail over the worst of adversaries, the most trying of times.

Heed the words I send you, and remember the touch of R'lous. It will assist you when you call, this I promise you.

[ 05-16-2006 12:33 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
The Darker Realms

Broken Back Button

Member # 728

posted 05-16-2006 01:02 AM     Profile for The Darker Realms   Author's Homepage   Email The Darker Realms     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The walls of the tower shuddered, sending the vibration throughout the entire structure. The Master lowered his head slightly, pausing only for a moment in his admiration of ShaRhylla. As if in response to an unheard command, the tower walls trembled once more.

---

The darkness returned quickly as Rykounagin’s flames dissipated. The walls expanded, making more room for his passage, until they withdrew into a chamber before him. As the walls moved away, four large shapes emerged from them, as if deposited by the walls during their regress. Each black shape dripped thick ooze, until almost in unison tails whipped from the back of each object, wings extended, and the humanoid shapes of four demons now stood before him.

Unlike the imps Rykounagin had encountered outside the tower, these demons looked remarkably like human females. But these demons bore wings, whip-like tails, red skin and piercing black eyes. Moving with discipline, two assumed an action stance before him, waving their horrible tails above them, ready to strike, while the other two moved slowly to either side, flanking. Claws extended, jaws snapped, and dark saliva dripped from incredibly sharp fangs as each being watched their prey with steel cold eyes.

One of the flanking demons swooped its tail in a lightning strike, passing centimeters over Rykounagin’s head. The wind brushed his hair, and a cold chill permeated his scalp. The demon sneered, its saliva falling to the floor and hissing as it bubbled where it struck. The hissing seemed to grow louder for a brief second, leaving a whispered word in Rykounagin’s ear:

Leave.

[ 05-16-2006 01:13 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Darker Realms ]

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05