my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Siege of a Soul (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Siege of a Soul
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 10-03-2007 10:27 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thoran gave Tarnus a confused look, a mix of hurt and fear.

“Yeah, thanks for the support, there,” he said, quietly. “Hope you know a way out of here. I may be a screw-up, but at least I tried to help you.”

Thoran, now feeling anger wash over him, struck at the air with his hand. A small shimmer of light sparked in front of him, but no portal opened. He repeated this motion, and another sparkle appeared and fizzled out. Again he tried, again the same result. The laughter of the dark Phalomir flowed to his ears, sending more anger through Thoran. He threw his head up and stared sharply at the dark volcanic figure.

“You’ll not destroy the Sith! Niether of you!” he cried out. He struck the air again, with no result. Again and again he tried, the laughter of the dark being growing louder and louder, and the gibbering around them seemingly growing closer, the sound now like screams around them.

But then Thoran realized that sounds he now heard were screams. They echoed through the gibbering mass, and he turned his head to the left to see flashes of red light cutting through the mass of imps that had begun the stream down the valley. The dark Phalomir continued to laugh, and Thoran flicked his eyes to Tarnus, who apparently had also caught sight of the imps. Suddenly a bright blue light appeared in place of the red flashes, almost at the same instant as a bright shimmering light appeared at the base of the Tower, transforming into the welcomed sight of a portal.

Thoran’s eyes lit up, and he immediately broke and ran for the portal. The dark Phalomir had stopped laughing, and was turning to see what had happened. Thoran was halfway there when a tall Sith stepped through the opening. Covered in violet blood that seeped from uncounted cuts and wounds, clothing in shreds, and an eye hanging from it’s socket, Thoran did not immediately recognize the Sith, but it did not take long.

“The Master!” he exclaimed, stopping in his tracks. The Master regarded Thoran for a second, then turned to the dark Phalomir.

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.164.158.68
The Master

Member # 529

posted 10-03-2007 10:34 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“Give it to me!” cried the Master. “I gave you what I promised, now give it to me!”

The dark Phalomir paused, then broke into laughter once again. He lifted a hand and shot a brilliant yellow spark from his palm, sending the Master flying backwards.

The Master growled deeply and stood to one knee, blasting out with a red flash that hit the dark Phalomir squarely in the chest. The being was caught off guard, and although not hurt was knocked back a bit. The Master fell back to the ground, exhausted and nearing collapse.

[ 10-03-2007 10:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.164.158.68
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 10-03-2007 10:34 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thoran glanced from the dark Phalomir to the Master, then to Tarnus.

“Follow me, fast!” he cried out, breaking into a run. He then dove for the still open portal, knowing that if the Master went out then it would close and their chance to escape would be lost. He had no idea where the portal truly led, but it had to be better than here!

[ 10-03-2007 10:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Thoran ]

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.164.158.68
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 10-03-2007 10:53 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was just in the act of opening my mouth to reply to my partner something to the effect of, Haven't you ever heard of diversionary tactics, pal? when all Hell broke loose.

Literally.

Before I knew it, ol Tarface was down, if momentarily, and Thoran was making dust, heading toward another one of those weird rips in the spacetime-interdimensional-whatever continuum. He didn't have to say a word to me; gulping whatever passed for air I let my feet fly, and soon passed Thoran. I barreled by something red and hideous with one eye, and dove head-first into the rip...

((OOC: Follow Sorben Tarnus to Round and Round and Round She Goes... in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 10-03-2007 11:06 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thoran’s eyes widened as Sorben dove past him. Thoran gave one more burst of steam and dove through the portal himself, just as a searing blast of energy ripped past his leg. He could feel searing pain on the back of his leg, but everything was moving too fast to worry about it. He could also hear the fizzle of the portal as it vanished behind him, signaling that the Master had indeed lost control of it.

(((OOC: Follow Thoran into Round and Round and Round She Goes… in the “CSWU” forum. Thanks!)))

[ 10-03-2007 11:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Thoran ]

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 09-07-2008 04:36 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Master coughed a bit of blood, violet and dark. He raised his left eye as far as he could open, the right one swollen shut and matted with dark and white icor. His body was broken in too many places for him to feel, and every nerve seemed to pulse together as one.

The Dark Phalomir, newly born into the ways of the Realms, yet full of the knowledge and power that had been promised, sat glowering upon the heaped bodies of imps. The Tower loomed behind him, a white spire offset by the blackness that consumed this existence. His temper had been squelched for the moment, his rage fed into the slaughter of imp after imp, then fully spent with the mutilation of the one who had brought him life.

And now he, Dark Phalomir, clone of the Dark Lord of Armorers, now consumed with the Darkness that had been promised to bring about a new beginning for both the Light and Dark Realms, regarded the Master back from his throne of bodies.

“She still holds the connection,” the Master croaked. “She will still yet believe.”

The Dark One raised his head slightly, then waved his hand at the Master. A long streak of crackling energy blasted forth from the palm of that hand, striking full into the Master’s chest. The Master screamed and sailed backwards into a large rock. His already broken body smacked into the non-material and cracked in a few more places.

After a moment of silence he stirred and rolled his head to the side to again look at the clone of his son. The red skin of the Sith had been darkened into a volcanic mix of black and crimson, and the eyes that once shown brightly now pierced outward with black centers.

“Try…” the Master growled. “She is the only one who can hear you. Just try…”

The Dark One scowled once more, and began to raise his hand again. But then he paused, regarding the Master as if in deep thought. His hand came down, and his eyes closed. The memories of He Who Was, the darkest one, came to him. He who would be Lord, He who would have been sitting here… But nothing is for certain in this realm, and the powers that be are never certain.

“Dark Heart,” said the Dark One, calling forth into the blackness. The connection was weak, almost non-existent at first. But through his closed eyes he saw flickers of a room. From the memories implanted from his days as Phalomir, the Dark One recognized it. It was her, but she was not alone. The image faded, then flickered again.

Again he called, again the connection flickered.

“She is there,” he said out loud. “I will yet find her.”

He concentrated once more, this time holding the image a moment longer. “Speak to me,” he said. “Bring comfort to me, the comfort that only death can feed.”

(((Refer to the appropriately named thread A Creep of Shadow in this forum for another perspective of this.)))

[ 09-13-2008 12:13 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 09-14-2008 09:40 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

“Where have you been?

The reply from the dark child came knifing though the cloudy quagmire, penetrating the distorting curtain of oily rain that tried to separate the Darker Realms from that of light. But she had heard the call, and had now answered it.

The Master cocked a bloody eyebrow at the sounds of her thoughts as they echoed through the black air. He lay motionless, however, and waited for the events to unfold.

Dark Phalomir’s mouth creased very slightly, forming what could be taken as a smile.

“I have been waiting for you,” he said, sending back outward into her mind. “In our most fondest and deadliest of places, with a heart of blackness and a driving need. But speak not, rend the flesh of space and come to me now.”

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 09-14-2008 09:53 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: From A Creep of Shadows in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

"I cannot."

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 09-16-2008 10:44 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“You cannot?”

The darkness roiled inside of Dark Phalomir. A cavernous, sinister anger swelled deep within. Swelled, rose, then boiled over out of the very soul of the being that sat on the stone.

Anger flew from the Dark Phalomir, manifesting itself as blue streaks of raw power that flew from his fingers. Imps cowered in the non-ness of the rocks, but their cover was nowhere near enough to hide them from the rage of the Darkness.

“You CANNOT?!”

He stomped and bellowed, kicking rocks and blasting imps into nothingness. Finally he paused, panting, sweat and smoke falling from his ashed face.

“Dark tidings and destruction to That Which Keeps Us Apart. It cannot separate us for long, my Dark Heart. I shall taste of your flesh, and you shall feel the love that only darkness and pain can bring. Stay with me, my Dark Heart, and tell to me all that happens. Until I find a way to bring you to me, be my ears as well as my heart.”

Dark Phalomir’s eyes flicked to the broken form of the Master, lying still yet seeming to chuckle.

“Take care of those who possess the connection with the All,” he said. “They may be the key, perhaps we can use them.”

[ 09-16-2008 10:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Darkness ]

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 97.115.193.1
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 09-17-2008 04:20 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Coming in from A Creep of Shadow in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

"Yes-ss-sss..." she thought back, reaching beyond the necessity of something so mundane as a Portal through the dimensions and into the rest of herself.

"Here is the window by which the truth can be revealed."

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 09-21-2008 12:51 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Dark Phalomir listened and watched as the wavering vision of the Sith messenger relayed its information. Bitter memories of recent events came flooding to him, bringing about another wave of anger. But he allowed it to pass, allowing instead the long lost feeling of hope to enter within the dark soul.

But this was a hope of much more sinister intent.

He recalled how the Sith Thoran, the servant given to the Master to aid in his promised delivery, had escaped with the human Sorben Tarnus. Yes, the Dark Phalomir knew who this human had been, even in the brief encounter they had. This was the human who held the strings of the Empire, and although that realm held little interest in the past, recent events lent more significance to this trivial band of self-importance mercenaries.

And now a pair had been captured on a Sith world that matched the loose description of these very two. Yet one claimed to have information regarding the blockage with the All.

“What human could know the secrets keeping us from the All?” he sent. “If these are your mother’s prisoners, he surely expects to save himself by blathering falsehoods. But if, somehow, he knows something… Either way, it brings you gain to hear them. If he speaks truly, we are one step closer to our reunion. If not, his slow, agonizing death shall remind us of days together. And think otherwise, if these indeed are your mother’s prisoners, what interesting twist could be procured in this?”

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 09-21-2008 01:10 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Coming in reply from A Creep of Shadow in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

"Yes-sss...

"Perhaps there will be gain from hearing what feeble words they spout; there might even be krayt dragon pearls to be found among bantha poodoo.

"I shall attend to them accordingly."

--------------------

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 09-24-2008 12:41 AM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dark Phalomir, the vessel of the Darkness, listened to the conversation taking place a dimension away. His frustrations pounded in his mind as he heard Shayla speak her statement and question, but then a dim memory of the conversation he had intruded upon came through.

And he could not help but seize it.

“The greater good?” he sent forth. “The perfect, natural order of life and death?”

Fond memories twinkled inside of the newly formed mind of the Dark Phalomir. For even though a genetic copy of the true Phalomir, the Darkness was meant for the original. This mind was not truly prepared – not filled with holes, with dark desires and secrets, not set with a hidden streak of pure black evil set in balance with the purest of love – no, this mind was still raw. The Darkness had a difficult time tuning with this mind, but it was beginning to form once more and congeal into the perfect manifestation of what it represented.

And with that came the memories.

Standing high above the desolate oceans of non-ness, watching imps and demons wash across the plains at flotsam on a black sea, and beside him stood ShaRhylla. Long claws caressed her cheek, then dug deeply into her eye socket as he spun head to face his. He flicked his tongue across her lip and lapped the blood which streamed down between her cheek and nose, then kissed her – no, sucked her mouth into his own, shredding her gums with his voracious teeth.

And she held him tighter and tighter.

The smile widened on the vessel which was Dark Phalomir, as more and more memories coalesced. She was him, he was she, and in all things dark, they were one. And what of this natural order, this greater good? Bah, it was a humbug notion set in motion by the weak. Existence was as one could make it, and the strongest were those who made it their own. Only the fools who played the Game could care of such things, and The Darkness cared not for such diversion.

All of this he sent to ShaRhylla.

This, and a promise of pain so rich and gratifying, the sorts of which only true lovers could know.

And a thought then crossed his forming mind. A recollection.

“We have touched this one,” he sent. “There is fire, and a spirit free yet leadable. You are us in the realm of light, my dear. Give her reason to remember us, and who she is. Give her cause to doubt her own conviction, this greater good. Give her back unto the darkness.”

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 216.51.227.10
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-21-2008 11:39 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

"This one is dallying about, playing games, is not deigning to speak with me. Perhaps you can offer a suggestion as how best I can persuade her into continuing the conversation..."

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-26-2008 09:41 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

"Perhaps..."

--------------------

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 11-16-2008 10:53 AM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Dark One sat quietly and watched the hazy image before him, his link with ShaRhylla wavering but not severing. He watched the entrance of Panthar and the human, and silently studied the interaction between Panthar and Shayla. Both of these pawns could be useful in the plan, if it played out to that extent. So far there had been little to consider, but now Shayla had spoken of things which interested him…

I know that the Master is stuck in the Darker Realms, and that he thinks he has Phalomir with him...

What did she mean by this? Phalomir was lured here to the Darker Realms, his body given over to the Darkness so the disembodied powers that be could now walk with the dead and the living. Something still tried to thwart his entry into the realms of light, but they did not count upon his ace in the hole – ShaRylla.

But Shayla, once a host to the Darkness herself, now hinted at something rather disturbing.

...and what he intends to do and in fact he has already done with a mere clone. You could destroy the true Phalomir before the Master realizes his error...

What proof could she have of this? She lied, trying to gain favor and inspire conspiracy. A clone could possess the powers that he required. A clone could not complete the balance needed to unlock the secrets of That Which Is, to win the game.

But he would watch, and learn of her true intentions.

At length he sent a brief message to his other, his true heart, she who was as much a part of him as was the Realm itself, for in reality, was it not all one?

She seeks personal gain as one of the Three Ladies, and references that which she does not understand. Her ambition is admirable, but her information is false.

But something bothered him, which in itself was enough to send him into a fury. But he controlled his temper, choosing instead to raise a finger at distant imp and incinerate it into oblivion. He then focused his thoughts into a calm, thoughtful state.

But why does she speak as if she knows something we do not? Why does she speak of clones?

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 12.216.74.205
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-09-2008 09:29 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Coming in from A Creep of Shadows in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

"This will take time..."

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-23-2008 10:40 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Coming in from page 6 in A Creep of Shadow in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

She reached inward, that strange duality which characterized her being now splitting, as that which was herself before reached over to that which was herself now:

"Let me be me..."

--------------------

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 12-23-2008 11:20 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(((Cross posted with A Creep of Shadow in this forum)))

The Dark Phalomir sat glumly, watching the events take place before him but not completely immersed. He was troubled, and this in itself troubled him more. Why had Shayla not been able to divulge more information about these clones? What was their purpose? Who had made them?

And why was there a clone of himself gallivanting across the corporeal realm, unchecked and blasphemous?

This is what troubled him.

But his concentration upon his current problem was stripped when the single plea of his most beloved – no, not his, not yet, no; the most beloved of what was, and what still lived within the heart of the Darker Realms itself – what she seemed to ask directly of him.

And he had not been paying total attention.

This sent chills of rage spiraling around him, freezing the imps who had dare to come within range in place and shattering them into millions of fragments. Behind a stone, the Master groaned as he scraped his battered body across the non-ground. But Dark Phalomir quickly recovered, she must never know his concern over these clones.

She must never suspect there was any weakness at all. The bond between them would grow stronger and stronger, but until the doorways between the realms was restored completely, she could still be affected and influenced by those in the realm of light.

So he would trust her judgment, trust her actions.

“Yes,” he said. To what he did not know. “Our link is dim, and until I can complete it you must act upon your own accord. You know what we are, you know what is imperative.”

But then he noticed Panthar, the Sith who was not a Sith. He could see the many fingers of darkness spreading within this being, even through the hazy fog of the weak link it was apparent. But this was not the pure darkness that had come to deliver the Realm, this was the strange generation of the Master’s rule. Unpure.

“You feel the tendrils of darkness spreading within the being before you,” he added. “But take care, it is prone to rebellion. You shall work mastery over it, I have no doubt. He shall be an agent unto us. I must concentrate on our link, do what you will.”

Then another thought: “Use it, find this clone -- and destroy it.”

[ 12-23-2008 11:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Darkness ]

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-23-2008 11:41 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Cross-posted from A Creep of Shadow in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

"This shall I most certainly do..."

--------------------

Matt Stanza

Eagle Enterprises Second in Command

Member # 415

posted 12-29-2009 01:37 PM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Deep within the bowels of the Great Warrior Temple of K'eel Doba, in a dark and dank cell covered with moss, Matt Stanza sat in a painfully awkward position, chained to the walls by both his hands and feet, stripped of most of his clothing as though his captors feared he might use something on him to free himself. Occassionally, someone would shove a meager piece of something that he thought was once bread through a very small slot in the door of his cell. Matt ate this with great effort, having to twist his arms strangely to get it to his lips. The first time he had partaken the pathetic morsel, his stomach had rejected it...

...but at this point he was so hungry the taste or its potential quality mattered little. After he finished eating, a tray with something wet was shoved through the slot as well. This he was forced to lean over and lap up like an animal.

Matt really had no idea how long he had been in this dismal place, for he frequently fell in and out of conciousness due to overwhelming fatique and pain due to his precarious positioning. He wondered why he was being kept alive at all, and was beginning to believe that someone was gaining a great deal of delight from the manner in which he was being treated. At first, he had worried about the fates of the Sith who had been with him, and had called out to see if anyone was surrounding him. He attempted this several times, and was rewarded with lashes delivered by one strapping Sith warrior or another, all who semed to take great glee in having the opportunity to beat their prisoner. He cursed himself mentally for not backing out of the situation when he could have for quite a while as well.

But at length he was in such agony that, even as alert as he was, he could not think clearly, at least not for any great amount of time. He had just regained some modicum of alertness long enough to eat and drink what was provided via the slot, ignoring the lurch of disgust in his stomach at the sour taste of both, and was beginning to drift once more when something of his normal alertness kept him awake. He once more considered calling out again, but quickly remembered the end result, wincing as a minimally healed beating wound seemed to throb in reminder. His muscles ached, every last one of them, and he yearned for relief from the strange way in which he'd been chained to the wall. He shifted as if doing so would somehow give him some release, and instead felt an uprush of pain. He involuntarily cried out in agony despite his determination to not draw the attention of guards that had to be lingering nearby...

...and the chains that held him remained secure.

But...

For another unusual moment of mental clarity, an idea began to form in Matt's fatiqued mind.

((OOC: For story continuity I am moving this (and any other Matt posts in this thread) into A Creep of Shadow in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

[ 12-20-2012 09:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

You bow to no one. Not anymore. Not ever again.~~~Matt Stanza

Posts: 151 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 12-31-2009 08:10 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Dark One, known once as Phalomir, sat contemplating. He had watched through the very dim link that it held with ShaRhylla as they landed on the forested planet and decimated the life there. He relished in the bloodlust of killing the one that had pretended to be real... pretended to be the actual.

But then the boy arrived. At first the anger swelled, but he maintained control and coaxed his bride to slay this whelp. But then something happened – the most unexpected thing that he could not have even imagined – feelings surfaced. Strong feelings from this young human, feelings which should not even have existed, emanated and overpowered the brutish connection they had shared.

He was forced to retreat and reconnect the link, quickly, into the remnants of the dark that existed within the buffoon they called Panthar. But even that was too much effort, and now his hold over the Sith giant was ended. He now focused all of his will to maintain the weak, weak signal with ShaRhylla.

He could hear her voice, read choppy fragments of her thoughts.
It speaks to me...

She spoke this to the boy. Why? Why was she beyond control?

Dark Phalomir growled as the answer came to him.

“Take care, my love,” he whispered. “Your human emotions have come to life. You are shedding your cocoon, perhaps even experiencing a rebirth. You are mortal.”

But how? Again he growled as the answer struck him in the face.

“Once again, the game has changed.”

He closed his eyes and focused, sending with all of his might.

Tell him nothing, he hissed. He must be sacrificed.

Now the true test.

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 216.203.102.2
The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 12-31-2009 08:34 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dark Phalomir frowned.

“It is as I thought,” he said, casting an angry look to the pile of rocks where he left the battered form of the Master. “She is losing her way, becoming...” His face twisted in disgust. “Human.”

Listen to me, my love. Your thoughts are clouded, twisted by the chemicals your body is releasing. It is only this. Do not stray from the path, you shall be lost forever and not allowed to return to the Realms which you hold dear. Come back to us, my love.

He stood, kicking stones and imps from his field of view.

“She will return to us,” he said, walking closer to the pile of stones. One more kick to the broken body would make him feel right again.

But the Master was no longer there.

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 216.203.102.2
The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 12-31-2009 09:22 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dark Phalomir did not have time to contemplate the disappearance of his plaything, for at once the reply of the halfling came loud and clear through the dismal link.

You are not Entaris, she had said. I am the daughter of Roan! she snarled. NO ONE COMMANDS ME!

And with sudden rush of emotion, the link was snapped.

The Dark One fell to his knees, reeling from the recoil. He grasped his head tightly in his hands, clenching his eyes tightly shut. When at length he reopened them a dark violet pool of blood lay on the ground before him, shrouded in dark tendrils that swam within it. These tendrils swirled and snaked their way from the blood and across the ground, climbing onto his skin and absorbing back into his body.

The dark one rose to one knee, breathing heavily of the damp inky air. He looked upwards then, with great reverence.

“You gave everything for this, my lord,” he said to the sky. “She is lost to us for the moment, but I swear to you, it is not over. There will be an heir.”

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 01-23-2010 11:09 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Time passes quickly when one is determined. It seemed no time at all between when the vow was spoken and the brilliance of the epiphany.

Something had happened. Something wonderful.

And the dark one moved quickly to command those below him to take advantage of this miracle. She was out there, he knew it. And the miracle in the dark sky gave wind to the sails of his new plan.

He could see the miracle, far in the distance, and he knew what it was. And he thanked his lord for providing such a gateway, for there was only one possible answer to what lay on the other side. But even he could not simply jump into the air and float through this gate.

Then another answer was placed before him like an enemy’s head on a silver plate. An imp, emboldened by the apparently good mood the dark one suddenly was found to be in, made mention of a ship. The imp’s neck was snapped for its boldness, but the message was not wasted.

The ship was conveniently reparable, holes in the hull that could be patched with the strange metals of the Realms. The imps’ initial attack had left the engines undamaged so all it took now was a pilot. Fortunately, he himself could fit this role.

He smiled as he boarded the ship and regarded the name emblazoned on the hull. It was so aptly named that he no longer doubted his fate, and that everything happened for a reason.

And now he sat in the pilot’s seat, the hold loaded with Imps and bow pointed towards the miracle in the distant sky.

And thus began the new voyages of the Devil May Care.

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05