my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Of Saints and their Slayers (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Of Saints and their Slayers
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-30-2005 12:16 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Rykounagin and everyone from "Chasing the Shadows" in this forum enters, thankyou.)))

CHOSEN

Then with utter confidence, unlike any he had ever shown -with his near phobia of the portals- he strode through the portal to face what would come....

He saw his future bride with her back to a wall, form almost seeming ready to pounce or strike at the strange sith who stood before her.

But stranger still now was how strong a feeling he had; a wish to protect her from any harm, no matter how she had treated him, or how had her in turn; not caring that she had branded him with the words "betrayer" (words that had long faded).

He growled, and in his hands were two blades at a calling long brought by the blood of his forgotten house.

The lotus and-

A new blade. A long pearl length of magestic form. He would never quite know where he had thought to create it from in the vast pools of his subconcious, but he did know two things: it's name, and how to use it.

He crossed his arms and lashed them both forewards, the tips of each length scoring across the back of this vile sith who attempted to accost -for whatever purpose- his fiance', then bringing the twin tips against his neck, stepping forwards and with a bend of the arm pressing them to his throat.

"As unforgiving as the trampled Lotus and I may be, it is nothing too the hatred of the Evictus, named so sweetly for that dark lord from so long ago."

The name itself was unforgiving, a name held by none other than the self proclaimed "Saint Evictus" who had during one of the many months of tribute to S'slan- waged war upon an entire planet, beheading and executing every last prisoner (for not a single survivor remained after the purging) taken in honor of the unforgiving god of war (a thing Rykounagin had learned from the texts in the temple of sorcerers).

"And it is with these that I intend to protect my betrothed love, and intend to destroy you with- save if you can give me one reason that I should not take your life now." He growled, teeth gritted with that same peculiarly feral nature, eyes aflame with what could only be described as loathing.

[ 12-30-2005 12:18 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.74.149
The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-30-2005 12:45 AM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master’s mouth twisted into a snarl, the black in his skin growing blacker, the red glowing brighter, until his very skin resembled the surface of a lava flow.

“The adopted son has come to stake his claim,” he said, his expression leveling. “Good. Time is precious, child. Your bride has awoken, and the time to prove yourself is at hand. What shall you do, boy? Rush boldly in to save her from a raving intruder? Or stop in prematurely to slay an old friend who has startled her from a deep sleep?”

The Master pushed backwards, allowing the tip of one blade to piece his skin. A thin line of black liquid rushed down the blade and pooled along the hilt, then flowed upward and over the hilt to trickle and drip on the boy’s hand. It steamed where it landed, leaving small red dots on his flesh.

“How far does your bravery extend, my lad? Are you brave enough to slay the intruder from behind?”

The Master relaxed slightly, the tip of the sword moving out of him. His skin color grew duller, the surface quickly hardening to a dense toughness.

“Are you brave enough to tell her who you are, and who is your master?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-30-2005 12:56 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Betrothed... love??

The halfling's eyes shot to Rykounagin, narrowing like a rancor's will just before a killing blow is delivered. Her hand raised just a bit, fingers curled into a gesture of attack, and her poise tensed as though she was readying herself to leap. But--

Old... friend?

Now her eyes cut back again to the oily, red-eyed pillar of black. Something with the hideous semblance of a smile moved disconcertingly about that portion which might be called a face by some, letting forth a flash of the most singular red...

She couldn't help but shudder, closing her eyes briefly as she thought back to another red-eyed blackness of her past acquaintance.

My Dark Heart... what has happened to you?

A slight movement from one of the pair brought her eyes snapping open once more. Her hands still curled into eagle's talons, her lips raised to show her teeth, she straightened just the tiniest bit.

"Neither of you are welcome in my chambers!" she stated then, albeit in a voice which somehow didn't sound quite in the least bit convincing.

[ 12-30-2005 12:57 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-30-2005 12:59 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CHOSEN

Rykounagin felt no fear, no hesitation as he spoke, ears deaf to the sound of anything but his conviction, his response as clear as the threats it was founded upon.

"I am heir to the sith, her future husband. My master is none but the will of the gods themselves as they course through my veins too deliver unto you their calls. And if I were too kill you-"

He smirked. "It would be so as I see fit. Perhaps for all your knowledge and arrogance, you have forgotten that all beings have a past to draw upon." he pressed the blades tightly against the flesh, gritting his teeth as the now tough material fought his blades too protect the life beneath them.

He watched as the Lotus- though unable to penetrate the tough material sent courses of purplish matter over the tough material, a hissing and faint popping to be heard from where it struck, oil upon boiling water.

"-friends the gods have none of, but pawns and servants they have made of us all." He pressed the Evictus harder and watched as the keen blade began to score through the almost rock-like material.

"S'slan awaits for this beast in hell, where he shall gladly devour him for daring to reach out for a dark flower that none but I shall have." He pressed harder, the blade now truely testing the tough flesh's ability to keep him from undoing the taught strings of fate beneath.

"Has the liar and fool of deciet any last wishes before he dies?"

[ 12-30-2005 01:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-30-2005 01:11 AM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master’s face twisted into a smile, then blossomed into a full laugh.

“You indeed know not with whom you speak,” he said. “S’slan is not in Hell, my boy, and if he were, he would bow to me.”

The Master turned quickly, the tips of the blades grating against his flesh. His hand darted outward, catching Rykounagin by the throat even as the blades pounded against the Master’s neck. He did not squeeze, but merely held the boy.

“It seems my visit is untimely,” he said over his shoulder. “To honor your father, I shall leave you with your – new lover, my Dark One. Remember our times as I remember them, and perhaps my Rose shall blossom once again, and I shall tell you of my own strange tales.”

The Master tossed the boy aside, the blades drawing thin lines across his skin where thick blackness drizzled out from the wounds. His skin softening, the Master raked his hand through the air and opened a portal.

“But at least your cursed slumber is broken,” he said, stepping through. “That much I could do for you…”

The portal closed.

[ 12-30-2005 12:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Lord of the Masque

Member # 615

posted 12-30-2005 02:35 PM     Profile for Lord of the Masque   Author's Homepage   Email Lord of the Masque     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I remained quiet as the faint sounds of some conflict came from the room beyond, strange voices and muffled declarations. I heard a mighty thump after a moment, and began to gather myself.

Did I dare invade again to see what dealings the lady had with? Or did I hide and wait for the storms to clear?

I watched.

--------------------

"Truth has been sketched, fantasy stretched, and reality bounces off the wall inbetween!" -Madrigal: The Royal Wedding

Posts: 34 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.74.149
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-30-2005 02:39 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin picked himself up slowly, amazed at the speed and force with which he had been hurled, and felt a faint taste of blood.

Could he have truely thrown him that hard?

It seemed unlikely, but then again, many of these people were unpredictable.

"My head..." he murmured, almost inaudibly as he began to straighten, only to feel a flash of faint agony before things went dark again...

CHOSEN

He paused for another moment, then straightened, that odd look in his eyes again as he turned towards his future bride. "That was an... awkward entrance. But I am alright rest assured. Are you my dear?"

He spoke with a calm clarity, but with a very faint edge to his voice as he did so, the blades now gone from his hands as he looked upon her, now genuinely curious as too her condition, his mind reeling with the questions of who and why?

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-30-2005 05:06 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The halfling was livid.

Every instinct within her screamed to lash out at the sheer effrontery of this young man, the one who had not once but twice betrayed her, who had stolen the Finger of R'lous from her very body while she lay in helpless slumber.

And now he dares to enter again into the privacy of my chambers, coolly proclaiming himself as my--

She could go no further with that thought, it only added fuel to the raging flames of her anger. Unconsciously she tensed even further, portraying the image of a crouching sandcat ready to pounce, tail lashing had she one to lash, but claws and fangs still bared.

Yet--

What of the red-eyed pillar, who miscalled her by the name He and only He dared bestow upon her? What did he/it mean by his/its departing statements? Could it truly be Him, returned to her after so lengthy a silence, come now from the Dark Realms which she, no surprise there, found suddenly to be beckoning to her once more?

So timely an appearance by this supposed future husband, who now stood with such enfuriating self-assurance before her; could there possibly be a connection between the two?

Perhaps...

Thus, though it filled her every fibre with the most soul-wrenching distaste, she refrained from striking against Rykounagin and forced herself to straighten up. The air of impending attack disappeared before her usual haughty demeanor.

"What is the meaning of all this!" she demanded, crossing her arms and stamping her foot. She tossed her head, sending her flaming tresses billowing out about her head in a nimbus of fire as with narrowed eyes she waited to see how he would respond.

[ 12-30-2005 05:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
JhinDarra

Member # 148

posted 12-30-2005 05:27 PM     Profile for JhinDarra   Author's Homepage   Email JhinDarra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
JhinDarra listened quietly to the ominous words spoken by the little creature, her big blue eyes cutting back and forth between it and Terrin in an almost simple wonder. Nowhere in her demeanor was there fear or distaste or trepidation; not a speck of distrust or loathing or superciliousness diebelief was to be found in the tiniest speck of her aspect.

Rather, curiosity seemed to be the primary emotion that radiated from her in nearly palpable waves.

She cast a calm look upon the gibbering scorpion-tailed creature, fighting against an inexplicable upwelling of pity for the creature, then turned her eyes back to Terrin. Quietly, she approached him, letting one outstretched hand guide her way.

"We have not yet truly been introduced, but--" she began as that reaching hand touched his face...

She yanked it back with a little gasp, her wide blue eyes widening further. Blinking rapidly, she took a couple backward steps, cradling that hand within the other as if by touching Terrin it had been burned.

"Wh- who are you?" she whispered, holding her ground, holding her hand, not moving any further but trusting that the other emotions she had felt within that touch would be strong enough to bar the terrible, terrible blackness she felt within Terrin's very soul.

--------------------

In me rejoices the Light and the Dark, for of them both have I been brought into life.

Posts: 68 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 12-30-2005 11:07 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's own blue eyes widened with the rapidity...and somehow ominious nature...of JhinDarra's actions. He struggled for words a moment, but responded.

"I'm Terrin...Terrin Danner," he replied as Darra's blue eyes seemed to only widen further. Then, concern clouding his eyes, he continued with, "What's wrong?"

Pausing a moment at that, he looked to Galen. "And I remember...what she did," he said, unable to repress a slight shudder. "And what I did."

Quieting for a moment, he then eyed the demon, considering him now rather than pondering just how he could chop him into tiny little pieces. Then his blues returned to Galen. "If I ever begin behaving that way again, especially with your and Darra's safety at risk...

...do what you must. I'd rather be dead than to see any harm come to either of you by my own hand."

[ 12-30-2005 11:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-31-2005 03:19 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CHOSEN

Rykounagin seemed unphased by the anger she showed. She had every right too it after all, he had indeed attacked her once before, and had now burst into her chambers with what many would call outrageous accusations and statements.

"The meaning of this? In what could you refer? If you meant the being of what I could describe as lava, I have no answer. My defense of you? The mere fact that you are most important to your father and myself is enough. The fact that I am here?"

He paused, smiling faintly as he raised his warrior-marked forearm. "I was sent by your father, and it is by his will, for his happiness and the good of the sith that we are bonded. And if it is his will that commands us, then we have no right to protest."

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-02-2006 07:24 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Important to... him?

She didn't believe it, couldn't believe it. How in all of S'slan's domain could this be so; what was it that would so suddenly change her from being Rykounagin's sworn foe, as she so certainly had been up until these last, astounding minutes? This simply had to be new trickery, new deception; it made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

She straightened further, ramrod stiff.

"You bring false words atop those which bear truth!" she huffed as she lifted her chin so as to stare down her nose at him. A difficult feat, considering he was much taller than she, but a feat which she somehow managed quite capably to accomplish.

"I am important to my father, but the remainder of which you speak is nothing but a lie!"

Yet even as the words snapped from her lips a shadowy memory coalesced from gray shadows into stark imagery: the picture of her standing in a gleaming white hall, a Kaminoan corridor, her father at her back, a bounty hunter and a short red-headed female and the one she thought to be her mother standing afront her...

Roan suddenly shoving her toward the others, to disappear into a suddenly manifested Portal, she knew not where...

A tiny shudder rippled through her, a pang reached from nowhere to briefly grip her heart. Biting her lip, she pushed the images aside to stand in sneering defiance, now silent.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-02-2006 09:34 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CHOSEN

"There is always a bit of truth to lies, if only that was what they were." He did not flinch from her ever-present spite.

"I'll admit a part of me would love to remove your head from your shoulders, as much as you would mine. But a better part of me has dominance over that..." He smirked.

"But the remainder of what you believe, whether you think it true or not does not matter. What your father and my newly adopted one believes is unquestionable. If you so wish too argue with him over such a matter, then go to him and speak your unbelief so that he might tell you to your face."

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 01-03-2006 12:27 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Her trance faded into reality as she woke with a bit of a suprise. She was in a room but how did she get here? She remembered seeing several people she didn't know and then being lead by a female sith to the room she was currently in. Where were her companions? Her wounds had been taken care of. Though it still had some pain and discomfort, but the poison seemed to have been neutralized.

She sat up slowly and looked around. Surveying her surroundings just as the lady in waiting returned to check on Sarisa. "Who are you and where are my companions?" Sarisa asked the lady in a polite tone. She wondered if they had found the people they were searching for while she waited the response. Reaching out through the Force she attempted to sense where Master Petrolou was.

Her weekened state didn't allow her to focus enough to find him whereabouts. Taking a deep breath she looked around for her sabers. They were sitting on a table next to the bed. Fastening them to her belt and cautiously getting up from the bed she made her way to the door of the room only to be haulted by the lady in waiting. "You must rest before you venture out." The woman's voice was calm and cautious.

"I must find Master Petrolu. Will you aid me in my search?" Her eyes looked over the other woman hoping she would help out.

[ 01-03-2006 12:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 64.136.49.226
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-03-2006 06:53 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The young lady-in-waiting met Sarisa's open gaze with a brief glance before lowering her eyes to the floor.

"I am afraid I cannot do that at this moment, lady," she said softly, ducking her head a little to soften the refusal. Quickly then, she continued.

"It is late, lady; the Dark Lady herself has deigned that we all partake of rest before meeting again on the morrow--"

She paused a moment, biting her lip as if undecided as how to continue. Apparently there was no danger in continuing along this line; letting a little rush of air escape her lips, she went on.

"Even this 'Master Petrolu' of whom you speak has retired to private quarters allotted to him; do you think it wise to disturb him at this hour?"

She blinked, once again staring Sarisa full in the face. Then she ducked her head and turned away, one hand reaching out to indicate the opulent chambers the young girl had been given.

"You have fire and hearth; there is a wardrobe inside which are the softest, silkiest robes with which to adorn yourself; yonder is a sideboard with fresh fruits and rhyllick breads; here are reading materials--"

She paused at that, as if suddenly realizing that Sarisa more than likely couldn't read one word of Sith. Nonplussed by this, she broke off from that train of thought and approached a set of heavy velvet draperies, rich with golden, corded fringe, which caressed one of the walls of the suites. She reached behind the draperies to clutch an even heavier rope, which she pulled. The thick draperies pulled apart with a sibilant hiss, to reveal an opening leading out to a great, ornately carved stone balcony. An even more ornately carved jade balustrade ran along its entire length, filigreed and inlaid with gems which glittered in the moonlight.

Turning aside, the lady in waiting raised her hand again even as she primly glued her eyes to her feet.

"Or, if you desire, you may wish to partake of some night air. I find the cooling breezes often waft me into drowsiness; in the meantime, while you wait for slumber to overtake you, you can enjoy the spectacle of Phrinnchatka spread out before you. It really is quite lovely."

Bobbing her head in a minimal curtsey, the lady in waiting then moved respectfully off, going to a nearby chair upon which she took a seat, remaining silent but ready to attend to almost any and all desires the young Sarisa might have.

All save the freedom of the Temple.

[ 01-03-2006 07:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 01-03-2006 10:07 PM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn scowled once, at Nefrai, then looked down to the empty brandy goblet in his hand, scowling at it as well. Disposing of it in the proper location beside the sideboard, he began to head off into the direction he thought the others had proceeded...

...and perhaps at some point they had proceeded that way...

...but at length one corridor began to look like another, and another, and so on. Frowning to himself, yet not entirely bothered due to his slight buzz, Jasyn listened for voices...

...and at first, didn't hear any.

Kriffing hell. I WOULD get lost at the time of the night when everybody is actually sleeping...why didn't those guys wait up for me? Oh wait, probably because I was drinking...

That thought, however, was interrupted by a sound Jasyn had been searching for.

Voices.

Perking his ears at that, he could make out that there was in fact more than one voice, and figured that he'd certainly found his way to where he was supposed to be. After all, it was late, and who else would be up discussing matters at this hour other than his commrades? So, without even thinking, Jasyn pushed one of the heavily ornate double doors to the suite open...

...and walked directly into a room not holding his friends, but instead holding Rykounagin and ShaRhylla, unbeknowst to him..

...at least for that moment, anyway.

[ 01-03-2006 10:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-03-2006 10:18 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now, this was getting to be downright spooky.

I couldn't help but frown, shooting looks from Darra to Terrin to my drooling little unwilling familiar and back to Terrin again. He looked like he wanted to step out of his skin; I knew that look well, and shuddered.

What in Hell's Seven Circles had happened to him now? Wasn't the hell he had already gone through enough? What did it take, a contract with the Powers-That-Be, written in my own blood, to keep him safely away from harm and back in the real world?

But the scariest thing was--

How the hell did she know? What did she know?

Instantly a memory flashed into my head: that day, long ago, when I came to a then-empty Temple of Sorcerers, to find my dear sister the smug consort of that worst slimeball in the entire universe, past, present and future; the day my dear Terrin was held beneath the claws of that lizard-cat-thing of hers...

...the day that something had lashed out from me, sending all the big n' baddies head-over-hineys, so Terrin and I could escape.

I thought it had been Darra. But this enigma was later countermanded by the experience in the old Sith ship, the one still parked here in this very city (okay, the spaceport for said city, if you want to get technical about it), the one we used to send an entire solar system into who the hell knew where.

And I helped.

So what was going on? Was the lingering weirdness coming from me or not? And if it was coming from her...

How?

I shook that away; like I said, this was getting to be spooky as hell.

I finally cleared my throat, and spoke up.

"Ahh-- Darra," I said, yet uncomfortable with the idea that she was my daughter. Well, no... not that she was my daughter, but that she was my daughter and was danged near as old as I was...

"What do you feel? And how is it you feel this?"

I sidled over to Terrin where I took up his hand to give it a squeeze, cutting my gaze to his to let him know that no way in Hell's Seven Circles was I gonna ever let him die on me again.

Ever.

[ 01-03-2006 10:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
JhinDarra

Member # 148

posted 01-03-2006 10:32 PM     Profile for JhinDarra   Author's Homepage   Email JhinDarra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Darra shook her head, tears welling up inexplicably in her wide, blue eyes.

"I-- I do not know what it is that I feel coming from him, nor do I understand how it is I can feel this. Moth- that is, your sister, as I now understand her to be, my aunt--"

She paused the merest fraction of a second, letting the word roll about her tongue, letting the concept with all its subtle nuances roll about in her head.

"--my aunt told me that with time, and lessons, I would be able to more control what she said I was 'heir to,' whatever that means. But--"

Again she trailed, turning to Terrin with a sniff, her eyes glistening as she attempted a quavering smile.

"But what I feel in you is something that-- that, doesn't belong. It is not a part of you, it is extra, like wormwood inlaid in a diamond."

The smile wavered again, before she finished with, "I am not afraid of you, nor am I afraid of whatever it is that resides inside you.

"I am afraid for you, and for all others."

A shadowy movement from above caught in her eye then, making her tilt her head upward to where the scorpion-tailed imp dangled from the ceiling which vaulted over their heads. It's empty red eyes glowed disconcertingly at them.

"What do you know?" she asked it pointedly.

"Do not lie to us; I can feel you are aware of what has been done to this man, who is--"

Another pause, another wondering blink, one which finally washed away the last of the tears.

"M-my father," she whispered, smiling at Terrin before returning a steady blue-eyed gaze back to the chittering demon.

--------------------

In me rejoices the Light and the Dark, for of them both have I been brought into life.

Posts: 68 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-03-2006 10:45 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CHOSEN

Rykounagin spun at the intrusion, about to call for his blades when he saw the unintimidating figure before him. "Dare you enter our chambers sir? Perhaps you did not learn the lesson of knocking."

His eyes narrowed, taking a small step forwards before catching a scent. "Ugh... intoxicated... such a pathetic way to find an escape."

Turning his head back towards ShaRhylla, he spoke as if the man was not there. "Would you rather stay and deal such a man judgement? Or would you rather ask the one we spoke of of what I spoke, so that you might find it true?"

He looked back to the man, knowing he would hear her response as he tightened his fingers- considering whether the annoyance was enough to give the man a simple thrashing? Or whether a simple blow would do for his offense.

[ 01-03-2006 11:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-03-2006 10:59 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The halfling quite suddenly found herself walking a thin, uncomfortable line. While her instinctive reaction to the man's blundering entrance into her private chambers was to tear off his head and feed his body to her mother's tuk'ata...

...because the insufferably, insolent young man who was her supposed fiance had offered her the choice of dealing with the human, she therefore wanted nothing to do with him.

Grappling with her inner fires, she forced herself to yawn.

"I see no reason to waste my time nor energies on one so pathetic," she stated, wincing inwardly as with that statement she found herself agreeing with Rykounagin about an adjective describing Jasyn. Any sort of agreement with Rykounagin was disgusting enough to her; whirling about she simply stalked away from the pair, going to the doorway of her balcony where she paused long enough to call out over her shoulder.

"Nor do I need to waste my father's time and energies by confronting him with what I know to be nothing but lies from you!"

With that she flung up one hand, whereupon an ancient Sith spear, heavy with history and death, suddenly materialized in the startled Jasyn's hand. He flinched as her musical voice came lilting out from the darkness of the surrounding night.

"Do as you will with him!"

Whether that statement was meant for Jasyn's ears or Rykounagin's was never clarified, and neither did the halfling plan that it would be.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-03-2006 11:08 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CHOSEN

Rykounagin smirked and called forth Evictus and Lotus, twirling the beautiful summoned blades -so odd in their contrast- in his hands deftly.

"It is upon the Black Lotus, deadliest of flowers, and Evictus that you shall bleed human. Be honored, for few that are not warriors are graced with such."

He chuckled and crossed the blades in a scizzor mark before him. "Come to your death if you dare you drunken fool. Pay you shall for disturbing us- and live not long too spread word of my prescence shall you."

Without looking from Jasyn, his feral blood-red eyes looking into the none-too-sober ones of his prey, he spoke. "Then what is it that shall prove my honesty too you? Surely more than the death of one pathetic fool."

[ 01-03-2006 11:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-03-2006 11:15 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla stood on the balcony, leaning out into the night. The cool night zephyrs caressed her face, bringing her a slight moment of calm, a moment she did not feel often, a moment she knew no others would interrupt nor even guess at. Indeed, whatever facial expression she might be wearing at the time was hidden by her hair, which moved in the wind like a living thing.

Then Rykounagin's words came to her, and that unknowable expression segued briefly into one of seething anger that he should press on as he was doing...

...to suddenly fall from her face like a stone as a thought struck her.

What could he do--?

Ahh... what could he do...

A brief yet evil grin oiled her features before she composed herself and turned back to the doorway.

"How can you prove the truth in your words? Why, my dear husband-to-be, there is only one way I can ever believe you.

"Bring me the Finger of R'lous which you stole from me while I slept!"

The words were fiercely spoken, her eerie bi-colored eyes darkly flashing.

But the lips which spoke the words curved in a sweet and seductive smile...

[ 01-03-2006 11:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-03-2006 11:42 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CHOSEN

"Steal it I did not- nor possess it do I. But last I knew of, your father possessed it. All the more reason to go see him isn't it?" He watched Jasyn as the man clumsily held it "at the ready".

"But I warn you.... such a device is for naught but trickery. Many times have I dealt with it, and each time I have seen it- it's possesser does not come out on top. A task such as destroying it would be better for you... I would gladly deal in any other requirement then stealing it from father..."

[ 01-03-2006 11:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-03-2006 11:50 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's smile remained planted sweetly upon her face, but her eyes slitted at this.

"Now I know you truly lie, everything you say to me, ever, is and has been a lie, as it undoubtedly always shall be. How can I ever wed the likes of you? Of what good is a husband whose word one cannot trust?

"Truly, my dear father does not desire this for me; I should kill you now and be done with it!"

[ 01-03-2006 11:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-04-2006 12:03 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CHOSEN

"Had I the ability to tear holes in time and space I would gladly go to him and ask him for it so that you might have it- or so that he could make you believe. But what you do not understand, is that you do not speak with the one that DID steal it from you. I was not alive when he-" Rykounagin almost spat the word "he". "-took it."

He chuckled quietly. "By no name do I answer save for our father's, and by no name but his and yours do I do this- so that we might prolong our speech." He turned and hurled the Lotus past the seemingly slowly raised guard of the staff and into the shoulder of the drunken man to spead it's toxins.

"Now..." he turned, unconcerned with the man as he looked too ShaRhylla, only giving a small bit of attention to the man in pain behind him.

"...do we finish this as the royalty we are? Marked as we are upon our arms? Or do we scoff and speak of old things. The axis is in our family's possession, which is what counts. Our father wills us to wed, and his old opinion and yours (((OOC: he spoke of rykounagin in the "his"))) matter not. So let the quarrel die, for I have no wish for our wedding night to be any more than subdued or even false passion- let alone murder."

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05