my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Of Saints and their Slayers (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Of Saints and their Slayers
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 01-09-2006 09:31 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well, Erik had been lost in his thoughts. Til someone slammed a brandy sifter on a table across the way, quite nearly startling him and immediately sending him into defensive mode, looking around a bit suspiciously before settling down.

Perhaps this whole ordeal with you slamming the Master has you rattled. Kriping fates, of COURSE it has you rattled...

Calming a bit at that, Erik reached for his drink, picked it up and got ready to take a sip...

...and froze midmotion as the barmaid came to his table with a sifter of Sith brandy.

"I didn't order that..." he started out, only to find himself trailing as the barmaid smiled, and quite nearly laughed, right in his face.

Erik's eyes darkened, and he frowned.

He had a bad feeling about this.

"Who sent this brandy?" he queried, eyeing first the drink then the barmaid.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-09-2006 09:36 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The barmaid batted her lashes, showed her fangs, nodded her head toward the two warriors. Those two worthys were head-to-head, gulping brandy in rivers, letting it run down their chins, whispering to each other from the sides of their mouths.

"You seem to be very popular this evening," she pouted prettily, smooching her lips out at him and batting her lashes again. When this had no effect the pout turned real; nearly snarling, she turned on her heel and flounced from the table.

The pair of warriors watched her go, then turned twin gazes Erik's way. The one with the indigo eyes waggled his claws at him, while the other nearly choked as upwelling laughter fought a losing battle with the brandy he was in the middle of swallowing.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 01-09-2006 09:50 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The look in Erik's eye only darkened further, and he suddenly found himself really wanting to do something in response. He managed to keep such desires at bay, however, his knowledge of the Jedi code replaying itself in his mind.

"Ahhh, how nice to meet Prinn'chatka's finest," he stated instead, his eyes still dark. "I'm sure the Dark Lady would be most pleased with this display."

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-09-2006 09:58 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The laughter caught in in the green-eyed warrior's throat, halting any words from coming up as well as preventing the brandy from going down. He garbled a bit, then turned his head to the side to spit out his drink in one shining green glob.

His eyes darkened to peridot as, laying his clawed hands atop the table in front of him he began to slowly rise up, like a thundercloud coming up over the horizon.

"I would be more gracious if I were you, stranger, and accept the gift of a drink from Phrinnchatka's finest, rather than trying to provoke--"

What else he had planned to say was nipped in the bud as his indigo-eyed fellow rose to his feet across from him, his sweeping horns jostling the other back against the booth as he turned his face Erik's way.

"No one mentions the Dark Lady in jest," he growled in dark warning, his fighting hand resting on the hilt of a heavy, ornate sword now exposed at his hip. His pal tried to rise to his feet again in support, but was stayed as the other shot out his free hand, palm out, indicating that he remain where he was.

He did not need any help in dispatching this insignificant bug, after all.

Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 01-09-2006 10:08 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik stood...

...and though short of stature, his brown eyes still met those of the Sith warrior now standing.

"Considering I was just part of the party who helped rescue her, my wife, and Lord Phalomir, I mention her in anything but jest."

Not moving an inch then, Erik leveled a brown-eyed glare with the Sith warrior.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-09-2006 10:18 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The indigo-eyed Sith's hand tightened upon his sword. He stared at Erik in disbelief.

Stared at the barmaid. She merely shrugged.

Turned his gaze back toward Erik, and kept it pinned upon him as he now left his booth to come over to where Erik stood so calmly.

He loomed over the shorter human like impending death, his fangs exposed.

"I didn't know she was missing..."

The words crept out of his mouth in a whisper, hung delicately in the taut air between them, coiled into Erik's ears--

Only to be blasted from his rattled head by a hearty belt of laughter. One followed shortly thereafter by a hand slapping him upon his shoulder, nearly sending him to his feet.

"I like you, stranger; you have gumption!" the warrior chortled, now wiping tears of genuine laughter from his eyes. He tightened his hold on Erik's shoulder, slid his sword back into its sheath, and with that hand swept Erik's snifter up.

It was drained and discarded before the startled human could scarcely register the fact. Somewhat numbed by the rapidity with which the atmosphere had changed, he found himself being guided non-to-gently over to the booth still occupied by the apple-eyed Sith.

The other plopped him down right next to his companion, took a lazily smooth seat across from him.

"So," he purred as he waggled one clawed finger the barmaid's way.

"May I ask who and what in blazes are you?"

[ 01-09-2006 10:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-09-2006 10:19 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CHOSEN

"It does confuse you... you know not what too say too such a thing. You have a deep seated inner urge to lash out, but out of some strange emotion you do not. You don't know what it is, but you know it's strong enough to let yourself respect me in some level."

He sighed quietly. "I do hope that you will follow me and your father in accomplishing his- our dreams. But as I said, it is your choice. So will you join us and walk the path alongside us? Or will you walk your own path and crush your father's dream as you build it?"

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.74.149
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 01-09-2006 10:28 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Things were now happening with such rapidity Erik didn't quite know what to make of them anymore.

This guy didn't know the Dark Lady was missing??? That must mean he either believed Graysith was dead and ShaRhylla was the new Dark Lady...

...or else he viewed Rhylla as the Dark Lady now as part of the faction which had been spoken of within the Temple walls.

Erik didn't mention this, however. "I'm Erik kartan. I'm a...."

Here he paused, trailing, struggling for words. He wasn't a Jedi, and quite frankly wasn't an information smuggler anymore either.

"...a Force user," he finished. "My wife is Shayla Stargazer Petrolu."

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-09-2006 10:35 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The moment, whatever it was, found itself on suddenly shaky ground.

ShaRhylla suddenly discovered she had no difficulty whatsoever meeting Rykounagin's eyes with her own. Red his were, and something just shy of apparent tenderness...

...totally out of context with the wildfires now flashing into her own.

She drew herself up with a sniff.

"Did I not already accept you as my betrothed?" she said, albeit not quite as haughtily as she could have.

"Did I not say that for my Father's sake, I shall do his bidding, and follow his wishes?"

She paused a moment, debating whether to flounce out in her usual manner, or to press onward. Why she felt this combat inside of her, she didn't know.

Neither did she know what it was that made her choose the latter course.

"What do you want of me, my Father's bidding and desires notwithstanding?" she asked, her eyes growing huge and dark in her face.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-09-2006 10:42 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CHOSEN

"A part of me, a part I hope that shall never arrise, longs to put this-" Upon the railing by magic sat Evictus, "-through you in the blink of an eye. But the part of me that predominates oddly in contrast too all reason wants your dreams to be fulfilled, for your happiness too be a consistant thing. Do not ask me why."

He sighed. "This talk is not for the moment, as tender as a simpleton might have called it a few moments ago. What are we to do now? Go before you- our people and announce our betrothal? Or remain in shadow longer and let time pass in slow agony. Waited enough I have in the past for an event of purpose, and this my dear... is an event of purpose."

The bladow now disappeared, and he placed the hand upon her shoulder gently, looking right back into those again slightly defiant eyes. "But another one arrises soon enough... the blood hunt is upon us in naught but a month... two great times too come at once. But whichever shall dominate the other I leave too you, for political dealings have never been my strong suit."

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-09-2006 10:56 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's head whirled.

Rykounagin's strange manner of bounding from one end of the spectrum concerning her to the other was no stranger than her own waffling thoughts and feelings concerning him.

He should be dead now, she thought, wondering at the flatness accompanying that statement, recoiling at the tiny little inner gasp that statement evoked deep within her.

I should have easily defeated him, sending him to the Elseness with his tendons flayed, or put upon a Mobius-strip timeloop...

A shudder rose up at the very thought; she snarled, surprisingly enough at herself, and quickly turned away from Rykounagin. Moving quickly, she gained the far end of the balcony and stared out into the Phrinnchatkan night.

There had been times, twice now in fact, when she had stared out over the city thus, empty and aching, not understanding, not even aware, only to have something come out to her from the darkness, to take her and fill that aching emptiness...

Why would nothing come now, to stop this inner battle, to give her surcease...

She drew in a great breath, let it out in a lengthy sigh. Looked down at the balustrade, upon which her white hands rested. She stared at them, suddenly fascinated, knowing the power she had, relishing in the fact that she was witholding it so very, very completely.

Even if a part of him wanted to slice her in two.

"I-- I am at a loss; this is not the normal manner that a Sith courtship is fashioned," she finally said, letting her words float out upon the night air. Turning around, she leaned back against the stone, her hands now behind her back.

"I believe there are certain rituals to undergo; Mother would know of them, having undergone them herself..."

She trailed at this, her eyes growing dark again. Then she whirled about to stare out across the slumbering city once again, a new dark fire suddenly flaming up to fill the unceasing ache that occupied her heart.

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-09-2006 11:02 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CHOSEN

"But you love her no more than I." he said simply, walking inside towards the chambers. "As you know, she and I have a... history. But even I do not scorn the idea of a chance to shove her off balance as such an announcement would do so."

He looked down at the furs beneath his feet and smiled faintly. "The sooner you establish yourself as who you are too be, the better. Such a victory over her I am sure you would prize just as much as I. When I last saw her, she was visiting the temple of the sorcerers too seek Aelvedaar. After that, where she went, I do not know."

Turning too look at her upon the balcony, he smiled. "Are you fit too venture out this evening? Or require you rest?"

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-09-2006 11:28 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla began to bluster... then abruptly lost her bravado.

She sighed.

"While I do not necessarily require rest, at least not at this hour, I do not wish to travel far," she said, moving from the balcony to come back into her rooms. Once inside she moved to the fireplace, paused to materialize and then toss a brand on the flames.

For a long moment there was no sound other than the crackling of the flames as they danced upon the hearth.

"I seek no battle, no confrontations at this time, Rykounagin," she said, still staring into the flames, speaking his name for the first time.

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-09-2006 11:32 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CHOSEN

A strange twisting of his heart came as Rykounagin heard her adress him by his true name, a thing she had never done before- always regarding him with a curious arrogance that one of her standing was entitled too.

He nodded. "That is fine. I bid you rest or relax and take time to think then. I personally have found myself restless at such a time... you do not mind if I explore?" He asked, now moving only a few feet from her, his head cocked in mild curiosity.

"I wish too better know my new home and people."

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 01-09-2006 11:39 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar backed off sheepishly, wondering what stirred up Graysith so and hoping to not provoke it further. He held up his hands in surrender and looked away from her. On the far side he saw a welcome diversion, certain he saw a familiar non-Sith body passing through to another door off the far wall.

“I, um,” he started, “I think I’ll get to work.”

Panthar nodded at Phalomir, who simply smiled a half-smile and nodded back. Panthar walked quickly, his steps growing quicker as he drew further away and towards the door he was sure he saw the person walk through. It was not a far stretch to assume that anything around here without horns was not a Sith, and anyone like that was probably someone he knew.

And he really wanted help.

He passed the food tables, eyeing them for a second. He paused, grabbed a slice of some type of meat, and continued on towards the door. He had had popped the last bite into his mouth when he reached the door, paused, and pushed it open.

He was very surprised to find himself in a room that looked like a lounge of sorts. There was a bar, tables, chairs, glasses… even a bar maid.

Yup, a lounge.

He raised an eyebrow, prepared to turn and leave, when he caught sight of something sitting with two burly Sith in a booth. Something which didn’t quite belong.

“Erik?” muttered Panthar through a full mouth, stepping forward and letting the door close behind him. He chewed on the last bit of meat and went to wipe his hand on his pants, then remembered he was wearing new black silky clothes and decided against it. He held his hand up in front of him, raised his eyebrows at the barmaid, and wiggled his fingers, a hopeful look on his face indicating he needed a towel.

[ 01-09-2006 11:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 01-09-2006 11:54 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir watch Panthar depart, curious as to his destination but too tired to care a great deal. He stepped closer to Jharmeen.

“My lady,” he said. “Perhaps it is wise that we all get some rest. I can only imagine how long you and the others have gone without sleep, and I myself feel even a trifling bit of fatigue. And there is topic or two I wish to discuss with you in private, before slumber, my lady.”

Phalomir regarded the strangely dark figure in front of him.

“And please, do not see me rude, we have been through much as of late. I am Phalomir, Dark Lord of the Armorer Clan. You are Nefrai? Well met, I hope.”

Phalomir extended a hand to the being.

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-09-2006 11:55 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla stared up into his face, then quickly dropped her own. Her mouth worked for a moment before she finally spoke, her voice soft and low.

"I-- I could show you--" she began, letting her voice trail off then and not saying anything further, for indeed she suddenly found herself at a loss for words altogether.

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-10-2006 12:00 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
CHOSEN

He bowed his head and smiled politely. "I would be greatly honored if you would do so."

He had too admit, the prospect of wandering these halls without the risk of being beheaded for once gave a great feeling of pleasure too his heart.

He moved too the door and opened it slowly, holding out his hand too take hers if she would take his in return.

--------------------

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 01-10-2006 12:02 AM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Could there be any other way?" Kesh asked, smiling faintly in his odd way as he touched sharp fingertips too the lords, a returned -if awkward- gesture.

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.74.149
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-10-2006 12:10 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What are you --

ShaRhylla smiled, a genuine, warm smile, the rarest of smiles, one she had never smiled before in her life.

One which bubbled up unexpectedly from her human side, from the warm strength she received from her mother...

...although she far from realized its source.

A strange feeling rushed through her, another new surprise:

Contentment.

Giving her head a little toss, not the haughty, sneering type of toss but rather a simple one to send her tresses away from her face, she shyly reached her hand out and took tentative hold of the one being held out to her.

There was no electric jolt. No stars burst into being, no trumpets blared a loud fanfare.

There was only the feeling of warmth, laying there against her palm.

"Come," she said, suddenly eager as she then btought her other hand up to grasp his, turning backward, walking backward, tugging him along, giddy as a schoolgirl for the feelings that were rushing through her.

Feelings she did not recognize, but welcomed, nevertheless.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 01-10-2006 12:19 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir felt the prick of power in the being’s fingertips, and a spark flew between their fingers as they touched. Phalomir did not flinch, for even if his body were awake enough to respond, he faced the darkness within that touch openly.

“Well, yes,” Phalomir said. “From past experience, there are. But I am glad to meet you, Nefrai, and hope we can meet again when my lady and I have had some rest.”

Phalomir stepped back, next to Jharmeen once again. He looked down open her, his eyes a window showing his deepest feelings and concerns for her. His hand, seemingly of its own accord, moved to the small of her back and gently touched her there.

“My lady?” he asked. “Jharmeen?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-10-2006 12:19 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Dark Lady of the Warriors smiled, albeit a bit tiredly.

"Yes," she agreed simply, reaching out to take Phalomir's hand in hers. It felt warm and good in her hand, strong and large enough to take all the worries and fears from her and crumple them into a little ball.

Still smiling, she turned to the dark shadow that was Nefrai Kesh.

"Please, again, I beg you to avail yourself of the amenities we offer," she said, waving toward the nearby couch.

"There is a place where you might lay your head; if you desire private chambers, please ring that bellpull--"

She indicated one hanging along the wall on one end of the fireplace.

"A temple servant will come and lead you to rooms of your own. But for now, you must excuse my Lord and myself. For we are weary, and have yet a long road ahead."

Bowing her head to Nefrai, she turned back to Phalomir and linked her arm in his, laying her other hand upon his muscled forearm and snuggling up against him a bit.

"Come, let us go discuss that which you must, before I fall asleep on my feet," she said softly as with a final nod she stepped forth, leading him out of the Grand Dining Hall into the corridor without.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 01-10-2006 12:37 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir allowed Jharmeen to lead, content in the feeling of being with her. They passed a servant, who at first only nodded at them in respect, then after a long double take bowed deeply. Phalomir coughed, causing the servant to raise her head. Phalomir lay a finger to his lips and shook his head slowly.

“Not a word,” he said. “Not yet. See to the dark stranger in the dining hall, and breath nothing of this meeting to anyone.”

The servant, wide eyed, rose and nodded again, then scurried off to the dining hall.

Phalomir looked at Jharmeen and smiled, a strange giddiness coming over him. He felt the fatigue shove aside for the moment, and, although still very tired, a spark twinkled in his eye.

“Well,” he smiled. “We can’t have the Dark Lady being recognized by everyone as being alive just yet. And since you are falling asleep on your feet, my lady…”

Phalomir bent down quickly and in a flash had scooped the surprised Jharmeen off of her feet. He held her gently in his arms, her head close to his.

“And I think I know the way.”

He smiled again as he hurried down the hallway, a new wind under his feet. The silk of his black pants rustled quietly as he walked, and after only one wrong turn he found himself standing in the hallway which held Jharmeen’s chamber.

He paused at her door and looked into her bemused eyes.

“I sincerely hope,” he said in mock seriousness, “that they have not yet moved your furniture out.”

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-10-2006 12:46 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Chosen Daugher only smiled, and laid her head upon Phalomir's shoulder.

"It is of no real matter, for if my rooms are bare, why, I can always create more."

A sudden feeling of deja vu rushed through her then as an image of her first night with Recinis slammed into her, the night when she had created an entire solar system to embrace them.

Closing her eyes, she forced the image away, buried her face deeper into the hollow where Phalomir's neck met his shoulder.

"What did you wish to speak of?" she asked, the words muffled both by tiredness and the proximity of her lips to his flesh.

[ 01-10-2006 12:57 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 01-10-2006 01:14 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir opened the door, pushing it with ease as it opened in near silence. He held her close to him as he sidled through the doorway, then closed the door with his foot. The room was untouched from what he last remembered, now seeming such a long time ago.

He felt Jharmeen’s breath on his face and felt drawn to its source. His mouth drew closer to hers, pausing just as his lips grazed hers.

“Matters of great import,” he whispered. The warmth of her breath felt like a summer day upon his lips, and he pressed them against hers in a gentle kiss. Phalomir felt a release deep within his soul, as if a barrier were finally lifted – a barrier which had retained the passion and burning desire he had held in check for so long, never allowing it to escape and betray the hope that fueled his existence. But now it erupted from him, flowing freely and manifesting itself in his kiss. His lips found hers again and again, and somewhere within that moment his feet had somehow moved them to the bed, where he now sat with Jhameen still cradled in his arms, allowing herself to be free in that one instant with him.

All thoughts of the danger they faced, the darkness hiding in the distant shadows, and the painful actions they would be forced to take, all of that slipped away into the night as Phalomir and Jharmeen embraced. Her hands glided over the smoothness of his shirt as his own hand lovingly caressed her glowing face, touching the skin near the softly glowing glyph on her forehead.

“In this moment,” he whispered near her ear, “and every moment hence, you are everything to me. You brought me from the dead, my lady, can you feel as I do the bond which we share? I do not say this lightly, my lady, I am yours completely.”

His lips moved to her neck, his long breaths resonating a smooth harmony to her short ones. A low, soft growl, seemingly with a mind of its own, escaped his throat.

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05