my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Chasing the Shadows (Page 9)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Chasing the Shadows
The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-29-2005 11:16 AM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Master narrowed his eyes, sensing something lurking. He smiled slightly, then moved his head closer to the sleeping lady. His eyes glowing red, his skin black with flashes of crimson, he bent his mouth to her ear.

The Tower lay at the heart of the Darker Realms, it was tied closely to the power of the land and was as ancient as its walls were black. Many had lived within its confines, in the days when the Realm had its own succession of Lords. Those days had long since vanished, the last true Lord swept away into the nothing, leaving the rule of the Realm to the darkness of Entaris. But even that unnatural creature was bound to the Tower, and the Tower always remembered.

And the Tower, granting a small portion of itself to the Master, remembered ShaRhylla.

“Awake,” said the Master, his smile broadening. “Awake, my Dark Heart.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 12-29-2005 11:28 AM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Imp released Galen’s back and quickly jumped to the floor. It scooted like lightning to the wall and jumped halfway up, clinging to the stone.

“All happy with daughter, we is?” it hissed happily. “But now peoples must listen, before peoples go to nighty night. Tireds you be, but deads you be soon. Time for pet being over, time for story tellings now.”

The imp regarded Galen, then peered at Terrin.

“You have been knowed to me, in homeland. I was in watching you when Dark Lord brings you to Tower. You, no one shoulds trust. You knowing things. Maybees you not know it, but you knowing things. Dark Lord tell you things to do, then tell you to forgets. But I knows, I knows how wicked you is, how bad you is when you remembers what Dark Lords tells you.”

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 12-29-2005 01:01 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin turned darkening eyes to the imp. "What the kriffing hell are you talking about?" he queried, keenly remembering that Dark Lord Roan had exchanged him...

...a shade at the time...

...for Galen. And remembering how long it had taken him to even remember dying, and how.

But this? No WAY.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 12-29-2005 01:57 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Dark Lord knows what he’s doing, knows he’s meets with red lady and Phally-mire. Hates sister-lady of red lady, says he does. Hates Phally-mire. Has plans, he does. Wants you to do his plans. I tells you this now, because you talking of going to Dark Lady sister of red lady, going to her devil-spawn. Devil-spawn daughter lady, I knowed her. Her and-- and lord of dark, they…”

The imp trailed, growing vacant for a moment.

“Devil-spawn daughter lady dangerous, too dangerous. Make very bad for homeland and here. Dark Lord, he plans you see her, she wait for you. When she find you, then you make bad.”

The imp jumped the floor, surprised by its hardness.

“But you warned now, you is. And fight it, you can, maybe making tricks. You have thing in you – feelings… hope, and thing you call ‘wuv’. Can fight, yes. She think she have you, think you her slave, but no, you whammy her!”

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 12-29-2005 02:40 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kesh sighed. "Who I am, what I am, or what I have ever done, are not important. If you wish to know a small piece, just ask a small sith family on the outskirts of the city, and they shall gladly tell you bitterly of me. It shall be a charming rendition I can assure you."

He had not looked from the flames. "Is it really all that important to know who I am? Or what I have done? Can none of you be sated unless that question is answered?"

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.74.149
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 12-29-2005 03:35 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar and Phalomir looked at each other, and Panthar gave a smirk. He turned to the mysterious stranger and stepped towards him.

“Well, for one thing I just wanted to know if you are someone who can help. We seem to be a little short on friends right now, to be honest, and someone with your apparent… um… darkness… could be useful right now. Since nobody has yelled out ‘kill this guy’ I am assuming you’re all right, right? I hope so, because I could sure use some help.”

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-29-2005 10:32 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's eerie bi-colored eyes opened.

For a moment they remained thus, staring upward as if studying the ceiling above her bed, where flickered shadows made by the flames dancing merrily in her fireplace. Then those shadows seemed to deepen, to darken; her eyes blinked once, then cut to the red pair which stared so intently upon her.

She blinked again, taking in the darkness, the black, the glowing red eyes. Her lips started to curl into a ravishing smile, her hands began drifting upward, reaching out, seeking, while every cell in her body strained to remember that which memory itself could not provide.

At least had not yet provided.

Not until now.

My Dark... HEART.

She was up and out of the bed and on her feet in an instant, crouching there upon the flagstones of her chambers, dainty fang and pearly claw bared as her own shadow now began to dance upon the wall behind her. The ravishing smile segued in a flash into a snarl; the violet-ringed turquoise of her eyes disappeared into black as her pupils widened.

"Who are you, to bring this mockery to me!" she hissed as memories of Entaris-aka-Darth-Wicked broke free from the shackles with which the Chosen Daughter had bound them, descending upon her in an almost completely overwhelming flood. Memories of darkness and blood and pain and delight.

He, her Dark Heart. And she...

His Dark ROSE.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-29-2005 10:50 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Through all this I had been standing in silence, wincing a bit and shifting my shoulders a little in an effort to relieve the ache produced by carrying my little burden for as long as I had. But these words made me forget every lick of discomfort I had been feeling.

No big surprise there; they were completely trampled into the dirt by the onrushing army of goose-feet, which rushed icily up and down my spine now bearing with them all sorts of tidings of woe and despair and danger.

I sidled over to Terrin, who was looking as though he wanted to tear the little imp into pieces.

"He could be right, sweets," I ventured with a shudder.

"Don't blame the messenger; we all know what Roan can do--"

Now I gave the shudder rising within me full vent, grasping my elbows with my cupped hands as I hugged myself.

"What he has done," I finished in a whisper. A few ticks passed... then I pulled in a breath and continued.

"ShaRhylla is very dangerous; I-- I don't know if you know what she did to you; at least I think she did something to you right-- right before you di- were ki--"

I paused again, gulping back tears now as the full impact of what he had gone through really hit me for the first time.

I wasn't certain of it, but... he had been acting most strangely when we had left ShaRhylla in those terrible, terrible realms; he had been so suspicious, hateful of others even; I knew Terrin, this wasn't like him, I knew what Roan could do to peoples' minds, how he could worm his way inside and sit there like a gloating, bloated tick, waiting and whispering and laughing...

He was the Father, she the Daughter. The powers they held were so fiercely frightening...

"I-- he--"

Words wouldn't come to me. I gulped again, and leaned into Terrin for support, closing my eyes to feel his strong warmth, feeling the slight tickle of his breath against the top of my head as he looked down at me, heard the steady beat of his heart.

"Not again," I murmured, clenching my fists against his chest.

"I refuse to believe this could ever happen again."

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Lord of the Masque

Member # 615

posted 12-29-2005 10:57 PM     Profile for Lord of the Masque   Author's Homepage   Email Lord of the Masque     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I threw myself back with a startled shudder. I had never been force sensitive, nor fancied myself a powerful sorcerer at all, but at that moment that she had awoken, nothing more powerful or dark that I had ever experienced touched what I had just felt.

I gasped for breath as I gave a prayer to any god that could listen, and pressed back against the hidden passages wall, wishing I could shrink away. Where had it come from? Where had that experience come from? the darkness? The hate? The rage? What could possibly send out such powerful emotions that could threaten to tear the very souls that bore witness too it?

I did not know, but I was not sure. Even my confidence was shaken- not just in her or myself, but in what I knew as reality. I had seen strange things in my time, but, never experienced such a thing. "Dear S'slan what have you delivered too this place...?"

--------------------

"Truth has been sketched, fantasy stretched, and reality bounces off the wall inbetween!" -Madrigal: The Royal Wedding

Posts: 34 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.74.149
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-29-2005 11:06 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith whirled from where she had been contemplating the fire.

"Enough!" she cried out, her voice no longer that of a mere human who had been thrust into events over the years under which most people would buckle, but now the timber of her position: the Dark Lady of the Warriors.

"Nefrai-"

She reached out to the tall shadow, placed a slender hand on his shoulder. Could not refrain from wincing at how that shoulder felt beneath her light touch, but let her hand remain there anyway. In fact, she gave him a gentle squeeze.

"What you speak of is a mystery to me, and is something I hope to be made aware of soon. For whatever this is, is something which truly distresses you; as an ally of ours, such distress must be alleviated and will be, to the best of my ability, as soon as I have understanding as to what this mysterious event is. But now is not the time to brood over what has gone by; now is the time to look to the future, and thus plan what we must to walk the correct path.

"And Jasyn--"

She turned to him, her eyes narrowing a bit. Indeed, his addiction to Sith brandy was starting to become a bit wearing, and could in fact prove beyond a hindrance to them.

"Nefrai is one of us; this I say to you as well, Mr. Dantares. Both of you must accept him as he is; and what great danger is that? What the drear outsider that by your actions and hints of words you would lead others to believe? If so, then why is he yet here with us, and why you here in this room?

"This bickering must stop. We simply do not have the time for it. Nefrai, what or who you are does not matter; what does is that you are here with us, lending yourself to our needs; that is enough for me.

"Now, all of you cease in your childish behaviors, lest I feel the need to send you off into rooms of your own with a nanny to watch over you!"

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-30-2005 12:03 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Rykounagin enters from "Into the Out of" only to continue along with everyone else in the thread too: "Of Saints and their Slayers", in this forum, thankyou.)))

[ 12-30-2005 12:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.74.149
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-30-2005 12:07 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Amen, brother! This thread was TOO, TOO long!

We'll see you all in Of Saints and Their Slayers in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you!))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05