my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Chasing the Shadows (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Chasing the Shadows
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-30-2005 10:38 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Forgive me for saying so but I feel like I'm being a scolded child. That in itself isn't exactly happy times you know."

She shakes her head then takes a breathe.

"I will try harder to be a true Jedi Master Petrolu, and I will do better to take others words into consideration."

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-30-2005 10:39 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The door to the Sith dwelling, held partially open for the past few moments, suddenly flung wide. Standing within was a tall figure: red of skin, ram-horned, eyes of an eerie and icy pale lavender. For a moment he stood there, tall and imposing, a smaller Sith peering around from behind. Then he turned his head to one side, those eerie eyes never leaving the group huddled at his door, and barked something in Sith to the smaller one.

His son let out a sigh and backed away to disappear into the shadows behind him, leaving his father to turn back to the others, stepping forward out of his house as he did so.

In his hands was a sharp double-ended weapon: one end bearing an ornate spearpoint, the other a long scythe-like blade.

He spoke up sharply in the Sith tongue, waited a moment, then said something in a different dialect. When he was met with nothing but raised brows he cocked his head a little to one side, his eyes narrowing as he considered the group. Then--

"Who are you, and what is it that has brought you to my doorstep?" he asked Basic, his voice a deep and rich bass. His clawed hands tightened about his weapon and he seemed to tense, ready to spring forth to defend his home and his son if need be.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-30-2005 10:46 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn's greeny-blue eyes met those of the pale lavendar-eyed Sith. His stance relaxed, yet he did not move suddenly to keep from alarming the Sith. "Some friends of mine may be trapped somewhere on your world, and I am seeking the Dark Lady in hopes that she will be able to lead me to them or give me an idea as to if they in fact were ever here."

"I am Shawn Petrolu, and these are my friends Nefrai Kesh, Dat Cyprios, and Sarisa Ker."

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-30-2005 10:51 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith didn't so much as blink, but something of his aura immediately segued from suspicion-laced wariness into suspicion-laced disdain. While he didn't actually sniff aloud, the look of it was planted upon his lean, aquiline face.

"And just-- what are you?" he asked, looking down his nose at the party.

"How is it you come here, speaking of our Dark Lady? Why do you think she would help you... if you live long enough to even come into her court."

Now his nostrils were curling to match his lips, and his grip upon his weapon tightened even further.

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-30-2005 10:55 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She could feel the tension eminating from the Sith figure infront of them. She held back her instincts to pull out her sabers. Instead she continued to wait to see what might happen and listen to the conversation between Shawn and the obviously proud Sith.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-30-2005 10:56 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"There are no "ifs" or "buts" about our journey to see the dark lady." Kesh said, turning to look at the Sith with an obvious air of blatant superiority.

"You will guide us or allow your son to do so because if you do not, I see no reason to allow for you to bar our path. And if you do, I see no reason for me not to remove you physically from our path, as your pathetic facade of honor is little more than an attempt at Bravado that has no basis in fact."

Kesh extended a clawed finger towards the sith, now mocking his expression as he lifted his head in the form of looking down his nose'. "You will not bar our path, because you have not the ability, nor the will to do so."

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.74.149
Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 10-30-2005 11:01 PM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dat cringes inwardly but shows no physical sign of his questining the tactical soundness of threatening the creature before them. Still, the ever-increasing likelihood that a confrontation will occur causes his hands to grip his force pike a bit tighter, though not to go nearly so far as to ready it for battle. All he can really do at this point is watch, and wait.

[ 10-30-2005 11:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dat Cyprios ]

--------------------

...Everybody makes one another's terrible mistakes. Witches can be right, Giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good... --S. Sondheim, Into the Woods

Posts: 66 | From: Coruscant, but not the one you know... | Registered: Apr 2005  |  Logged: 24.165.212.126
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-30-2005 11:02 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The aura emanating from the Sith changed again. No longer merely suspicious, far beyond wary, he now drew himself up to his full, towering height and glared down upon the supercilious Nefrai.

"You speak of blood... very well. You will depart from my property now, or I shall remove you from it!"

Turning his head again to the side, he barked another order into the darkness which lurked behind him, the quiet of said darkness now being marred by the sounds of moving feet, followed shortly thereafter by a door opening and closing.

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-30-2005 11:13 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sarisa smiled inwardly as she could feel the fear seeping out from Dat though he didn't show any physical signs of it.

She didn't think anything more of it because she didn't want Shanw to read her anymore. At least not about somethign as trivial as that.

Instead she continued to wait in a relaxed stance where she could transition to offensive or defensive posture depending on what happens in the next few moments.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-30-2005 11:14 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kesh chuckled, a low rumble that echoed about. "I suppose it is my err that you bring the name of blood about in. Though if you would recall me wording, I never did mention blood. One needs not spill that precious resource too die. However, as you seem the honorable, if foolish sort, I shall accept your challenge, if foolhearty it is."

He looked to the others. "You should all take a bit of distance now. Oh, and make sure Sarisa doesn't watch, less she become more fascinated by death."

He looked back to the sith. "So how does it work here? First blood? Death? All of them seem rather appealing to me, though no matter how many of your kin you send, it will never be a fair match."

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-30-2005 11:26 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith said nothing else.

Lightning fast he stepped forward, his eyes never leaving Nefrai's, his weapon swinging in an arc, altering in mid-swing in a blurring motion, one in which the scythe end was suddenly manifest, the spearpoint now down...

...to imbed itself into the ground as the scythe swept through Nefrai's body without even touching it...

...to come to a sudden halt now imbedded deeply into Sarisa's thigh. There the point stopped with an almost surprised abruptness, letting blood from non-intended prey, the shining metal creating a deep hole in the femur, greenstick fractures radiating like a spiderweb from the point of contact, odd bits of dirt and bacteria now flowing freely into Sarisa's bloodstream.

The Sith blinked once, taken completely aback. Then he yanked his weapon free of Sarisa, setting it to whirl in front of him by the skilled movement of one hand while his freed one now traced mystical signs in the air. Falling back into his ancient language, he called forth his inherent magicks to set up a protective shield against this stranger whose flesh would not yield to the cold honesty of metal.

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-30-2005 11:31 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kesh looked down, and then back. "Not even a count? No paces? Wild cold combat. Excellent."

He laughed, and began shifting some of his muscles and joints to "limber" him up, his body more angled and loose, though still just as strong, if not as "thick".

"You know though, hurting someone else who's not engaged is just plain rude." He started stalking forwards, however, it was almost in a drunken way, juking from side to side randomly as he came closer and closer, before spiraling down within arms reach, and dragging his claws up across the ground and towards the sith, only to watch as his claws came close that they slid away just slightly.

"Hmmm, must be those magics..." He began an angled dance, sending out kicked and swipes the forced the sith to reposition himself and move more than it did make attempts to injure.

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-30-2005 11:32 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Without warning a flash of metal caught her attention but too late to respond.

"Aaahhh!!" she screamed as the scythe embedded itself into her leg.

Instictively she reached down to the wound after the weapon had been withdrawn. She looked at it and noticed it had already started to become infected.

Collapsing onto her side she continued to hold her leg as she started to concentrate and use the Force to try and slow the infection from spreading.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 10-30-2005 11:50 PM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The world seems to slow for Dat as the spear begins its lethal move toward Nefrai. In an instant he's keyed his pike to life, an almost imperceptible harmonic vibration running along the shaft. Even as he moves to counter the blow, he sees the scythe bisect Nefrai... Or more accurately, where Nefrai should have been, and carve a deep wound into Serisa's thigh. Shifting his swinging of his pike into a high, wide arc that would keep it clear of his comrades, he uses its momentum to carry him closer to the fallen girl. He stays in this position for a few moments, kneeling between the child and the creature, his weapon ready before him. Warily, he rests his pike on the ground and, reaching beneath his voluminous robes, retrieves a field medical kit with one hand, and covers the creature with the carbine suddenly present in the other. Cold eyes trace the Sith's arcane movements even as he tugs the needed implements from the kit by feel alone. Once he has the proper items, he injects a combination anesthetic and antibiotic solution directly into the wound, proficient enough even with only one hand at the task. Next he begins to clean and then bind the wound as effectively as he can. Still, he's concerned about blood loss, and about infection from these... foreign... microbes.

--------------------

...Everybody makes one another's terrible mistakes. Witches can be right, Giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good... --S. Sondheim, Into the Woods

Posts: 66 | From: Coruscant, but not the one you know... | Registered: Apr 2005  |  Logged: 24.165.212.126
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-30-2005 11:52 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith took the merest fraction of time to shout out another order, one clearly intended for someone behind him even though his eyes remained pinned to those of the dark-robed being in front of him. He smiled coldly to see his magicks beginning to take effect, then tensed further, his stance wide, his weapon held at the ready, parallel to the ground to bar the path of the group in front of him.

From behind him there came a slight shuffling sound, as an attractive female Sith sidled around the doorframe, holding a steaming bowl in her clawed hands. She did not come out to confront the strangers but merely stood there, waiting to apply her ministrations...

...to whomever they would be needed.

If they would be needed...

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-30-2005 11:58 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kesh, finding that the sith's guard was great as he dodged, or allowed the shield to work for him, had one flaw.

He started to reshift muscles and the likes, and slowly paced, running his claw over the edge of the shield as he saw it formed a strange circle about the warrior.

There was a strange pause as Kesh came around to the point between the warrior and his home, then he smirked. "Now here is a question." he reached out an arm to point at the female sith. "What would you do if I were to be as dishonorable as you, and attack a non-agressive bystander without warning. Such as this-"

He suddenly pulled away from the warrior and placed his clawed hand upon the sith woman's neck. "I doubt you wish to lose that which is precious too you, as time is precious to us. You will give up this foolish folly, and you will take us to the dark lady, or, you will lose that which is precious too you. I am in no mood to play at this, as all we will do is go in circles until one of us dies of age."

He smirked as he ran his 5th digit over the womans cheek. "And I assure you, that is a competition that you would win at."

[ 10-31-2005 12:15 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Nefrai Kesh ]

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-30-2005 11:59 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Before she knew it Dat was tending to her wound with a med kit. She positioned herself so that he may better do what he had to.

As he was cleaning the wound as best he could she looked up and noticed what looked like a female Sith carrying a bowl that seemed to have a hot substance within it as the steam was clearly visible.

Sarisa looked at the male Sith. Seeing his defensive stance and how he held his weapon. Something didn't seem right. The Sith wasn't trying to fight anymore. He was defending himself. Rightly so since his attack failed to have any affect on Nefrai.

Then everything changed as Nefrai managed to get into close quarters with the male Sith.

[ 10-31-2005 12:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-31-2005 12:11 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Nefrai, STOP!" Shawn interjected, his words drawing surpise from everyone. He turned to the Sith, whose defensive posture did not change in the slightest...

...and rightfully so. "My sister Shayla is Graysith's Chosen sister; my friends may be in hurt, in trouble...or worse."

Shawn paused. "I did not come here to fight with you, despite what my companion does."

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-31-2005 12:16 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith let out a blood-curdling snarl, one part pain, the remainder pure, blinding rage. He let his body go loose to thus absorb the impact of what was to come...

...for nothing would stop him now.

My mate! She is in danger!

His vision reddened as unadulterated rage filled his eyes. But he needed no sight; he could smell the foulness of the being in front of him.

Letting forth another bellow he whipped the spear about and charged, pushing himself up and forward with surprising speed and agility straight at Nefrai.

This time the point easily slid into the dark being's body, the full momentum of the charging Sith's massive body assuring that the point exited from his back...

[ 10-31-2005 12:26 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-31-2005 12:25 AM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kesh let out a low growl as he felt agony seep through him. In his mix of arrogance at his move, at the sound of Shawns call for him to cease, he felt himself jerk.

He knew he only had a few seconds before he would have to "release" and let himself fall away to heal, and, dispite every instinct he had, turned the hand upon the womans throat towards the sith, and lashed out, their proximity and the fact that he was now almost a quarter of the way down the shaft, confirming that he was in reach.

He felt his claws meet flesh as they raked across the warriors chest, spilling out the warriors own blood across Kesh, as the power of the thrust had "pulled" Kesh through the shield.

Then, with agony so great, Kesh released his material form and immediately as vapor, floated with the wind out away from the entrance to the home and to a distance of fourty meters where he let himself come together, and immediately started to focus upon repairing his tortured flesh.

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-31-2005 12:26 AM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Her leg feeling like it was on the hot sands of Tattooine under a magnifying glass.

The pain of the infection only increased the already agonizing feeling of having her leg broken as well. The scythe had struck with enough force behind it that it snapped her femur.

She continues to concentrate and use the Force. Hoping to slow the spread of what seemed to be fire in her veins.

[ 10-31-2005 10:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-31-2005 12:33 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Time juddered into metronomic synchrony.

The Sith's head flew up and back. Rich purple life's blood geysered from his mouth, opened yet in an enraged "O."

The female Sith ran to his side, falling there, tears welling up to fall in silence upon his face. A face from which life was quickly fleeing.

Honor forbid her to speak at this sacred moment. But--

"Traitor! I brought you to my home!"

A small comet of rage exploded from the doorway, wooden staff held before it in an awful, ineffectual parody of a spear. The young Sith flew at Nefrai, holding his practice weapon as if it were highly tempered metal, and without any hint of hesitation attacked him with all the force his young body possessed.

[ 10-31-2005 12:34 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 10-31-2005 12:39 AM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dat continues to tend to Serisa as best he can, though his finger tightens on the blaster's trigger as the creature charges. Noticing that its path doesn't carry it directly toward his position, he relaxes, following with the barrel but not firing. He shakes his head slightly as he works.

The noise from Nefrai comes as a shock; his gaze flickers to the point of the spear, clearly penetrating his back, then to Nefrai as he deals the Sith a lethal blow. Instinctively, he tilts Serisa's head away from the fray even as the Sith child wails and charges the injured, but still dangerous, Kesh.

--------------------

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-31-2005 12:40 AM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kesh felt the necessary flesh mend upon his body as he watched the would-be-warrior fly at him, and winced as agony still coursed through him. Still, he knew that this was not a time that he could afford to waste, and did the most blunt thing that he could.

Without thought, but with great focus towards his overall task, he grabbed the weapon in one hand and then brought his other hand into the young sith's stomach with a great force, knocking breath from him as kesh pushed his weak and near limp body to the side, dragging himself upright as he staggared back towards the dwelling, flittering bettwen material and immaterial.

As time seemed to stretch, he moved with pure agony forwards, compelling himself to right that which was wrong until he felt his claw on the dwelling door.

With no time to lose, he staggered down to where the sith and his mate, and without a word, for he had not the energy, sank to his knees and felt his cloak begin to lose matter as it seeped away through his hand to mend the flesh of he who he had laid low....

--------------------

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-31-2005 12:54 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The young Sith scrabbled to his feet, his eyes wide with horror to see what to him was the sight of the dark and deathly being committing yet more sacrilege upon his father's body. His mother lay half supine upon the ground nearby, having fallen there at Nefrai's approach, her bowl of herb-infused waters now soaking the soil upon which she lay.

Beneath Nefrai's ministrations, the Sith lay stubbornly quiet, his flesh growing cold and stiff, for gaseous monstrosities do not living Sith flesh make...

Tear-filled auburn eyes now turned helplessly toward Shawn and the crouching Dat.

"I brought you to my home!" he gulped in a sorrowful murmur, falling to his knees to stare down at the remnants of his little wooden staff.

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05