my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Chasing the Shadows (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Chasing the Shadows
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-20-2005 10:07 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn smiled, softly. "No, but I am a Jedi Master, and a friend of of one of the Sith. I have had the privelge of helping the Dark Lady in times past, as well as some of the Lords. It is the Dark Lady that I sek now. Do you know of her?"

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-20-2005 10:20 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The young Sith hung his head, rubbed his toe in ground.

"No," he said in a low voice, then raised his head up again.

"I don't know her but I know all about her. She and her Dark Lord are the ones who take care of every Sith here on K'eel Doba, and are why I'm gonna grow up to be the best warrior she's ever had."

He stuck his chest out, ignoring the stifled giggles emanating from his mates.

"Do you want to go see her? The Temple is that way, about a day's travel, in the biggest city in the whole universe. It's so grand; my father said he was going to take me there one day for my trials so I can become a warrior."

He stopped a moment, now turning to frown at the other youngsters, whose giggles were increasing with every passing moment. His eyes darkening to umber, he turned back to Shawn, now pulling the staff back to himself and planting it solidly in the ground.

"I can lead you there, if you want..." he began, but was interrupted by one of his friends.

"You know your father won't let you do that, you're not ready yet!" he snorted.

"Besides, you promised you'd be my sparring mate today; Aelenvaar can't block and he's afraid to hit so I can practice!"

Now it was the turn of the third Sith to protest. The second turned to him, an argument forming as he did so, which was soon rejoined until they were making such a ruckus that a bevy of birds lurking within a nearby stand of trees exploded to the sky in a flutter of wings.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-20-2005 10:28 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Boys!"

The word came out as something other than a shout, but not the calm and relaxed words Shawn had been speaking either. Rather this was something belying his background in teaching the young Jedi students; a voice that commanded attention and respect. The young Sith stopped their bickering, and froze in place, turning to Shawn.

"Please, I would not want to do anything to get you in trouble with your Father," Shawn stated then, now that he had everyone's attention. "Perhaps you can lead me to him, and he can help us get to the temple?" Shawn suggested then.

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-20-2005 10:32 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The young Sith sniffed, swiping his nose with his arm.

"Well... all right," he finally said, albeit not without a little reluctance. "But I still think I can take you there myself--

"No matter what you guys think!"

Levelling a final glare upon his comrades, he took hold of his staff again.

"C'mon, it's this way," he said as he turned from Shawn and headed off in a ground-eating lope, surprisingly fleet for his age.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-21-2005 08:38 AM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
First they were peacefully making their way through the forest then suddenly a snapping of a twig broke the mundane as a few strange beings approached them.

Sarisa took her actions from Shawn's lead and remainded in a non-offensive posture as she and the others listened to Master Petrolu speak to the seemingly youthful Sith.

The Sith bickered for a moment until Shawn regained their attention with a single word. Sounding like a father who was attempting to get his sons to listen to him.

Before she knew it they were being lead to one of the Sith's father. Who would hopefully help the small group in their quest.

AS they continued on she walked closely to Master Petrolu and in a soft voice she spoke to him.

"It would seem that the Force has guided us to these Sith youths. How do you think the one who's father we are going to will react?"

After making her statement and before Shawn could reply she looks at Nefrai and Dat to see their facial expressions as well.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 64.136.49.226
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-21-2005 03:57 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kesh was finding -as he walked- that these sith did amuse him, but in a familiar and warm way. There was a basic honor and simplicity that he could admire in their actions, and it was with further interest that he followed.

"Tell me Master Petrolu-" Kesh said, covering the ground at the pace of the group, albeit a smidgeon faster. "-Is there something inside the city we are specifically looking for, save those we have been sent to search for? Or is there someone or something there that you think will give us a clue as to their location?"

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.52.49
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-22-2005 10:34 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I'm not going to speculate on what is going to happen," Shawn answered Sarisa. "Focus on the moment is key."

Then he shot Nefrai a sidelong glance, still moving and following closely behind the youthful Sith as a grouping of dwellings became evident not too far ahead. "As I've already stated, we need to find the Dark Lady. If anyone knows the whereabouts of those we are looking for, it would be Graysith."

Saying nothing further than this, however, Shawn continued on behind the Sith, those aforementioned dwelling places growing even closer with every step. In but a few standard minutes, they were right on top one, and to the door. The young Sith who had been leading them turned, motioned for them to stop...

...and then stepped inside the dwelling, leaving Shawn, Sarisa, Nefrai, and Dat with his fellows as he obviously went in to speak with his Father.

One way or another, Shawn knew it wouldn't be long before something--for better or for worse--happened. Keeping his thoughts focused on the moment, however, he simply appreciated the simple fact that they were making progress on his intended goal...

...finding out just what had happened to Galen Danner and the Eagle Enterprises employees as he had promised Aaron Barnes.

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-26-2005 12:11 AM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She nodded in response and aceptance of Shawn's reply to her as she watched one of the Sith enter one of the structures.

A strange sensation seemingly crept it's way over her. Was it the planet or something on the planet. It sure wasn't anxiety or nervousness, but what was it?

She caught herself from letting her mind wander as Shawn's word echoed in her mind.

"Focus on the moment is key." he told her. So she forced herself to do just that while they waited to see what was going to happen next.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-26-2005 10:30 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Keeping his physical senses as well as his Force-senses attuned to everything going on around him as he waited, Shawn immediately picked up on the momentary flash of something in Sarisa's eyes, something that indicated she perhaps was sensing something. He turned to her, arching an eyebrow. "What is it?" he queried simply to her, his brow lowering but the slightly curious look in his eye remaining, Jedi or not.

[ 10-26-2005 10:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-26-2005 10:35 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I will admit that I find it curious that the ruler of a people would be known as dark. Tell me that I'm Mynock-holing (Pidgeonholing) the expression, but usually dark would refer to someone of.... my origins or previous liking." Kesh said, observing the Siths dwelling.

"Perhaps you would care to explain the society a bit more?" He asked, still observing the dwelling. "So that we do not offend the local customs." He spoke as if he was unaware of the jedi undercurrent.

It was afterall, not in his nature to truely notice that, so much as other things.

[ 10-26-2005 10:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Nefrai Kesh ]

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-27-2005 05:41 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The voice of the calm Master Petrolu snapped her out of her little daze.

Shaking her head slightly she focused her eyes on him with his puzzled look.

For some reason it seemed rather funny. That was the first time she had seen him with that kind of expression. Though she refrained from letting any of the supposed humor show.

"I'm not sure. It could just be the new environment or the Sith. I just got a strange feeling that I've never had before. I just can't place it. I am trying to keep myself focused on the moment though."

Her voice sounding very sincere yet still soft as usual.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-27-2005 05:43 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kesh felt a slight stirring, and, against perhaps his more animalistic paranoia, decided to bring a few things out then. "Master Petrolu, perhaps it would be best if you explained, well, me."

He paused. "As you know, I'm likely to be a bit of an anomally for those who aren't used to my presence."

--------------------

Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 10-29-2005 01:14 PM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dat surveys the surroundings silently as he strides across the terrain with the others, following the... child? into parts unknown. So many missions on so many planets, and he's never seen or even heard of any race quite like this.

The all-too-familiar, inexplicable sense of danger that he feels when confrontation is imminent falls over him, heightening his senses and making him intimately aware of his surroundings. His mind begins to shift into its accustomed battle-calm, but something seems to be... missing. It takes all of his control not to stagger forward as the realization strikes him once again: the steadying, guiding hand of the Emperor is no longer present. Is that why I'm so uneasy, he thinks, or is it something else? Shrugging his shoulders slightly, he forces the calm over himself, turning the keys in his own mind to maintain that stillness over his thoughts.

Even so, a faint sense of foreboding gnaws at him through his veil of serenity. Yet on he goes with the rest of them...

--------------------

...Everybody makes one another's terrible mistakes. Witches can be right, Giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good... --S. Sondheim, Into the Woods

Posts: 66 | From: Coruscant, but not the one you know... | Registered: Apr 2005  |  Logged: 24.165.213.19
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-30-2005 12:52 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn was keenly aware of the strange feelings sweeping over the members of the group as was he that perhaps not all of these were directly related to the events at hand. Then he looked to Nefrai. "I will not speak for you," Shawn replied simply. "What you wish to explain concerning yourself is entirely up to you. As for the feelings you are feeling..."

He trailed a moment, arching an eyebrow Dat's way before continuing to speak to Sarisa. "They might have something to do with the Sith. After all, you are as unaccostumed to being around them as you are to being around, well...

...our companion Nefrai. Magick is a powerful thing," Shawn then said, his greeny-blue eyes wandering again to Dat, and focusing on him a moment. "Be mindful. I do not know exactly how these Sith will react to our presence; we need to present as open, honest, and cooperative a front as possible."

Even as Shawn spoke these final words, the door to the Sith dwelling began to open, slightly...

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-30-2005 01:46 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"It's possible that you are correct Master Petrolu. The feeling is very strange and unlike anything I've felt before."

"Since you mentioned Nefrai could you please tell me what you know of him?"

She looks at Nefrai. "Or could you tell me yourself?"

Her eyes divert to the opening door as they wait to see what will happen next.

Will they help us or will something else happen. She didn't know, but she needed to stop speculating and just be prepared for the present. React to the action.

[ 10-30-2005 01:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-30-2005 03:23 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kesh chuckled. "It is a story that goes back longer than even I remember. However, there is a short and sweet tale to my existance and how I came to be here."

Kesh stretched out a hand for the first time in her prescence, and examined each claw-like finger one at a time. "I am an ageless being, a thing that has been around for a long time. For an almost unknown amount of time, I would sleep in a small pocket of space that even I knew not of it's significance. Every few decades, this pocket would open up at some point, usually near a battle."

He placed the hand underneath the cloak. "At that point I would wreck havoc upon any beings I came up, a beast, a monster of death and distruction. I have been at many famous battles, for I have been at the taking of Coruscant, at Endor, and many more places. Until I came to a ship recently. I assumed that there was something, and began to wreck a small deal of havoc upon the crew, until Master Petrolu here, recalling my ledgends, managed to make me de-materialize and be voided out into space."

He shifted just slightly at this less than friendly recalling of the encounter, then continued. "It was after that, that I managed to grip onto a ship that eventually returned too that same vessel, and encountered Master Petrolu on friendlier terms, using some of my powers to heal a friend of his from a near death state. It was then that I joined him in this quest of his, and that is why it is here that I stand."

--------------------

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.74.149
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-30-2005 08:46 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Her expression is that of someone in awe. here is a being claiming to be as old as time practically and he just goes around tormenting and killing anyone who crosses his path.

"Well, I guess it's a good thing Master Petrolu had some words with you because from your description it sounds like you would more enjoy to kill or mangle all of us. I'm glad you're on our side."

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-30-2005 09:00 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn turned in surprise to Sarisa, and folded his arms against his chest, his blue jedi robes falling loosely around his hands as he did so. "Don't use the past to judge the future. Being aware of it is precisely that; being aware. Things can change."

--------------------

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-30-2005 09:10 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Still paranoid that I tried to maim you eh?" Kesh said, chuckling as he turned in a wicked grin to look at Shawn. "You hold too much against me!"

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-30-2005 09:18 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yes Master Petrolu. However, at the moment I think we have something that calls our attention in the present."

She points to the opened doorway of the house.

[ 10-30-2005 09:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 10-30-2005 09:44 PM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dat breaks from his silent consideration, turning the black slit of his viewplate toward the girl. "Though you may believe you're a Jedi because of those... ornaments... you wear on your belt, girl, I assure you that no Jedi would hold death and pain in such high regard. Your face when you speak of Nefrai gives you away; killing, and death, are merely intellectual exercises to you. Only a child, or a zealot, would go charging blindly forward, unmindful of what might lie ahead of you, around the next bend... Or behind the next door."

"This isn't a game, or a... training session. If things here go sour, real blood may be spilt, and real people may die. Show me that same wonder then."

Dat turns to Shawn then. "She doesn't belong here. We should return her to the ship, lest she endanger the mission."

--------------------

...Everybody makes one another's terrible mistakes. Witches can be right, Giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good... --S. Sondheim, Into the Woods

Posts: 66 | From: Coruscant, but not the one you know... | Registered: Apr 2005  |  Logged: 24.165.212.126
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-30-2005 10:11 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn merely arched an eyebrow and directed an intense greeny-blue gaze Sarisa's way. "Dat is correct," Shawn said then. "Your reaction of wonder to the death and devestation of others troubles me."

Quieting a moment at that, Shawn pursed his lips, his eyes remaining intense but otherwise totally unreadable. "Your being here is my responsibility and, for the moment, what you may or may not be prepared for has little to do with what we will do now. You have the Force and you have the ability to use lightsabers, that much is apparent. What I am interested in now is if you have the ability to use both for good."

Trailing again, Shawn turned to regard Dat. "She will remain with us; travelling back to the ship now would be more dangerous and might lead the Sith to suspicion; that cannot be risked."

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 10-30-2005 10:20 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Remaining silent at both Dat and Shawn's statements towards her she simply nodded in acknowledgement to Shawn.

What was wrong with being amazed at a being that apparently used to spend it's life destroying others. Wouldn't that catch anyone's attention? I'm sure Master Yoda would even be struck with wonder even for a moment.

Well, I guess we'll have to do better to please Master Petrolu and to keep Dat off my back. What does he know anyways trying to make himself sound like the perfect strategist. There are many ways to do battle.

She calms herself and and regains her composure as they await the Sith.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 10-30-2005 10:27 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kesh chuckled in a darker humor than usual (if he could ever be considered humorous!).

"They are right. To be fascinated by me is to in a sense, be fascinated by death. As a bit of simple wisdom, treating me as an ally and nothing more is best." With that he looked out across the landscape, wondering when their sith guide would return.

Offhandedly he finished: "Besides, it's not as though I willingly wanted to walk amongst lesser lived beings. Before I know it you'll all be rotting away and I'll have to know different people. It will be very depressing, but also ironic in a way that I doubt you'd understand."

[ 10-30-2005 10:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Nefrai Kesh ]

--------------------

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-30-2005 10:30 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Though Sarisa didn't say a word, Shawn could easily sense the emotions of indignation and pride welling up in her. He nodded at Nefrai's words. "If you cannot begin to take some stock in what others say--especially fellow travellers--then I'm afraid you will endanger this mission. The living force entails much more than just Jedi."

And there are two sides to every coin, came the echoing words of his sister in Shawn's mind.

[ 10-30-2005 10:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05