The Holonet Boards   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Chasing the Shadows

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-11-2005 11:51 PM    
(((OOC: Enter Nefrai Kesh, Serisa Ker, Jedi Shawn Petrolu, and Dat Cyprios from "Expecting the Unexpected" in COmplete Starwars Universe. Thankyou.)))

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-12-2005 05:28 PM    
Flying through hyperspace gives one time to get a feel for things such as the controls of the ship you are flying, thoughts of recent events, or even ones from long past. Sarisa was very interested in learning from Shawn as much of the Jedi way and his views as she could. She also wondered what to expect when they get to their destination. She's never heard of Khar Delba.

How far is it? What kind of people live there?

She relaxed and opened up her feelings. She wanted to just reach out to whatever she could sense as they sped towards the strange new place.

[ 10-12-2005 05:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-14-2005 10:46 PM    
Shawn could sense the curiosity burning within Sarisa. Although his look remained utterly unreadable, he frowned inwardly.

Excitement, adventure. A Jedi craves not these things...

"Khar Delba and K'eel Doba are worlds known by a select few people," Shawn began. "Those that we are looking for--whom were last known to be headed for K'eel Doba--are good friends of mine, among other things. There is alot of history to that side of the story...

...and perhaps you will learn it later. But for now, I must tell you this much. The world we are headed for is inhabited by a magickal race, one that, like any other, has both its good and its bad. You may find the name of the race a deceiving one; while you have heard of it before it has been connected with something the galaxy knows differently than what it truly is. The race of peoples we will be encountering...

...are the Sith."

Shawn said nothing futher, his greeny-blue eyes meeting Sarisa's widening ones as he waited to see just how she would react to the information he had now revealed to her.

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-14-2005 11:02 PM    
Her eyes blasted wide open and her jaw almost fell to the floor as Shawn revealed possibly the most secretive secret in the universe.

"What do you mean? What kind of race are they? "

Her mind seemed to be going through a whirlwind with this new information. Feeling slightly light headed she continued on.

"How ae they a magical race? They have Force abilities that the Jedi don't know yet? Are they part of the Force or do they get their abilities elsewhere?"

Such a thing could be either devestating or beneficial, but he said they too have good and bad sides. So hopefully it could be more helpful than harmful.

"So do you have any connections with the Sith then, or are the people we are searching for in league with them?"

[ 10-14-2005 11:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-14-2005 11:39 PM    
Shawn arched an eyebrow as Sarisa slammed him with a wealth of questions.

All this curiosity of the unknown...

...but then, this wasn't necessarily the unknown. More like the misunderstood. Which made her reaction to this information rather interesting...

His brows lowered at Sarisa's final question. "It matters not whether the people we are looking for are in league with the Sith or not," he answered. "All that matters is they are quite possibly being held by someone or have fallen to some ill fate. As for the Sith and the root of their abilities...

...again, that is something which matters little at the moment. Your curiosity in this matter is... interesting to me. I find it odd that you--as well as your former companions--were so very skeptical of the Empire while you seem only slightly surprised concerning the Sith race."

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-14-2005 11:49 PM    
"again I appologize for my actions and querries earlier regarding the Empire. Most of the knowledge I have came from data chips and a couple holocrons. None of which stated that the Empire wasn't up to something besides it's old tricks. Along with the fact that they killed my father only seemed to cement the facts."

Take a breath Sarisa. Settle down and get through this.

Inhaling a deep breath and holding it for a moment she slowly released it and began regaining her composure.

"As for the Sith race...that is something completely new to me. I've never heard of them before. I like to get some information about things that I may be in contact with. Especially if it's something totally new. I guess you culd say I don't like going into something without having somewhat of an idea or view from which to base my actions. I know the Force is what guides us, but I like having actual knowledge on things if I can."

She checked the insruments and the computer just to make sure everything was going smoothly as they made ther way through the blurry starred environment.

After everything seemed in order her eyes returned to Shawns.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-16-2005 07:41 PM    
"You can have all the knowledge that you want concerning people, places, races, the Empire, the Republic, and even the Jedi...

...and truly know nothing of them just the same. You must base your actions on the situation at hand...

...not on what you think the situation is or should be. Being judgemental is dangerous, particularly for a Jedi since people are already inclined to think we are judgemental to begin with. Go in with an open mind. As for the Sith as a race, I know little of them except that they are red-skinned, have various kinds of horns on their heads, and are otherwise humanoid in appearance. And, like humans and any other race in this universe, they have a wealth of personalities and views on life. You can't judge them based on what you think you may know of them. I know, however, this should be a difficult task for you. You've been raised to believe that anything Sith is evil and bad, and that's not an easy thing to get past."

He paused, his greeny-blue eyes meeting Sarisa's. "Which is why I find your response about the Sith race...

...and your lack of any skepticism regarding them being good in any way, shape or form...

...a bit ahhh... peculiar. After all, if you've read about the darkness of the Empire in holocrons and through other sources, you've certainly done the same rgarding the Sith. A Jedi is mindful of the present, and remains open-minded in the face of paradoxes and conflicting information...

...but that does not mean he or she immediately dismisses what he alraedy knows. Believe me, I've been there myself. As for your feelings regarding the Empire...

...you hate them because of your father's death?"

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-16-2005 08:28 PM    
She smiles at him as he make his remarks saying he thinks her reactions regarding the Sith as being peculiar.

All that only lasts a short time until he asks about why she hates the Empire.

"Yes that's right, but I know I need to rid myself of that feeling less I fall to the dark side. I was very attacthed to my father and he was taken away from me by this 'new' Empire. That is why I came off on the wrong foot with General Ahem."

Softly she sighs and relaxes.

"Master Petrolu I really don't want to fall. I want to be a great Jedi. One who helps the galaxy and universe grow and prosper in peace...

...Speaking of which. I was wondering if anyone has thought of what to do if or when the Vong do enter our space again? How were they stopped and pushed back the last time?"

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-16-2005 08:53 PM    
The look of concern Shawn had been casting Sarisa's way turned to a frown as she asked about the Vong. "I mentioned the Vong, but I did not say that the Vong were coming or that they were my specific concern. The Darkness within our own galaxy is what we must be concerned with first. The Darkness...

...and our division. There is always the possibility of a Vong re-invasion of our galaxy...

...but that doesn't mean that's the source of the Darkness in the Force. Be mindful of the present, and don't assume anything. Ever."

Pausing at that, Shawn's greeny-blue eyes strayed to the navboard. "We should be approaching the blockade in approximately seven standard hours...

...which gives us time to get rested. I suggest you do that, and rely on the fact that you simply can't know all there is to know about what we're about to do and face...

...because there is absolutely no way to do so. I don't even know what's going to happen, or where we might go from here."

Quieting at that, Shawn closed his eyes right where he was, stretching out to the Force for strength and guidance. He sensed he was going to need every bit he could get...

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-16-2005 09:01 PM    
"It would seem I have much to learn Master Petrolu. I will retire for a bit and meditate on my lessons as well as focusing on the present. You are right and we need to place our attention one place at a time."

With that she stood up and bowed respectfully to Shawn as sne made her way to find a bunk to rest and relax upon.
Soo many mistakes already made in his presence. What are you doing? You should know better.

She sat in a meditation posture and slowly closed her eyes and opened her mind. Hopefully to better herself.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-16-2005 09:16 PM    
Shawn's meditation and rest was filled with images from his visions; images of chrome eyes and of his sister screaming in terror, images of a figure with disheveled red-hair laying limply on the ground. Still, he struggled to rest...

...and was only interrupted from his struggle when the proximity indicator began beeping, warning everyone aboard the infiltrator of iminent reversion in two standard minutes.

He opened the inner-ship comm. "Ms. Ker, we'll be reverting in two minutes. I could use you up here..."

Even as he finished the message, however, Shawn turned his attentions to the navboard. If for some reason Sarisa didn't respond in a timely fashion, he was at least capable of taking the infiltrator back into realspace.

Dat Cyprios

posted 10-16-2005 09:47 PM    
Dat shakes himself from a restful daze as a pre-configured alert signal emanates from the console.
We're here...

He fights back the feelings of trepidation that threaten to overtake him. Just another mission, he thinks as the starfield reverts to normal. Instantly his eyes fly to the sensors, one hand on the flight controls, the other on the weapons. Luckily for all involved, there seems to be no hostile activity from any of the orbital craft. Still, the vast array of capital ships further away from the planet is impressive.

Moving his hand away from the gunnery controls he keys the intraship announcement circuit and says, "We're approaching the planet now. Prepare for landing."

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-16-2005 10:01 PM    
After Sarisa regained the controls of the infiltrator, it was nothing but mere procedure to submit the appropriate permissions to the Imperial blockade for both the infiltrator and the other ship to gain passage to K'eel Doba. In but a few standard minutes, the Imperial blockade had opened, allowed them and the other ship through, and closed back together behind them. Shawn opened a comm channel to the other ship. "Okay, I'm not much of a strategist on this, but I'm guessing we should probably not land directly on top of the capital city. In fact...

...since this planet is not charted, we can't be exactly sure where the capital city will be. I would surmise that we should be reading densier lifeform readings in the area however, and I might be able to track some of the people we are here to find in the Force..."

He stretched out, collecting all the information in the Force he could, searching for lifeforms he would find familiar...

...and came up empty. Well, at least mostly empty. There was something familiar...

"I sense somethinng familiar down there," Shawn then continued with, "But I can't give you specific coordinates to it. You'll just have to follow me down...

...and trust me on this. I'll try not to bring us too close in, I'm not at all certain we will receive a warm welcome."

He turned to Sarisa then. "I need the controls. I might not be much of a pilot, but the Force is guiding me on this one."

She nodded politely at that, and quickly exchanged seats with him. Taking a moment to orient himself to the controls, Shawn commed Dat and Nefrai once again. "Are you ready?"

Dat Cyprios

posted 10-16-2005 11:37 PM    
"We'll follow you in," Dat replies over the comms. Keeping his eyes on the sensors, his hands on the controls, and his ears open for Nefrai's arrival in the cockpit, he copies Shawn's course as they close on the planet and enter the atmosphere. He tries to limit the effects of the thickening air outside on the ride, with limited success. Still, after a relatively short time, the ship's shuddering stops with a <THUD>, landing easily on the surface.

Dat hurries through the ship's shutdown routines, then checks his blaster carbines and force pike for charge, then dons his helmet and verifies that the air purifiers and communications gear are functioning normally. Satisfied, he strides down the corridor to the airlock.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-17-2005 04:00 PM    
Kesh was waiting for Dat at the airlock, a single "toe" tapping upon the metal of the floor, a small tink of impatience in the silence.

"I assume you are ready?" He said, looking over Dat in his gear. "Seems a bit overburdening."

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-17-2005 08:13 PM    
Awakened from her rest she hears Shawn summon her to the bridge. She wipes the sleep from her clear blue eyes and makes her way to the controls.

"I need the controls. I might not be much of a pilot, but the Force is guiding me on this one."states Shawn.

She nods and relinquishes the controls and sits in the other chair as he begins piloting them down to the surface.

After both craft land Sarisa makes sure she has her saberes and draws her cloak over them.

"I'm ready when you are Master Petrolu."

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-17-2005 09:10 PM    
Shawn stood, cocking a brow at Sarisa as she checked for her not one, but two lightsabers.

"You aren't a Jedi, and have two lightsabers?" Shawn asked curiously, and nothing more than that. Then, turning on his heel and waiting for the response he knew would eventually come, he hit the release for the hatch, which then slid obligingly open to reveal a semi-mountainous region. Shawn stretched out with his senses, and honing in on the familiarity he was still sensing. Then he descended the ramp as the cloaked figure of Nefrai Kesh and red-cloaked figure of Dat Cyprios did likewise from their own ship. Shawn again cocked a brow, noting that Dat had even added his force-pikes to finish his Imperial Royal Guard uniform.

Shawn glanced back to Sarisa as he finally made it to the bottom of the ramp. "Sarisa, this is Nefrai Kesh and Dat Cyprios," he said, introducing each of the two other members of their party to Sarisa. "Sarisa desires to be a Jedi and believes she could assist us on our mission," he then explained, his greeny-blues wandering from Cyprios's force-pikes to Sarisa's two sabers affixed to her weapons belt.

If these guys think that those things are going to help in any of this, we just might be in trouble, Shawn couldn't help but think as he quieted a moment.

[ 10-17-2005 09:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-17-2005 09:18 PM    
"I know I'm not a Jedi by normal standards due to the fact that I was never really properly trained to be such."

Exiting the ship Sarisa notices two other figures waiting outside. As Shawn introduces them she bows respectfully. After all if they were companions of Master Petrolu then they must be ok.

She strugles to figure out exactly what sort of being Nefrai is but she tries not to make it too noticiable.

"I'm honored to meet you both."

When the other look out over the landscape she steps closer to Shawn and asks. "MAster Petrolu I do believe that Dat is wearing an old royal guard uniform. Is he some sort of bounty hunter?

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-17-2005 09:37 PM    
"No," Shawn replied, cool as a spacecucumber. "He's a Royal Guard."

Pausing a moment at that, Shawn then proceeded on with, "And owning a Jedi weapon does not necessarily a Jedi make. I have every confidence that you have Force abilities, and that you have some knowledge of how to use them."

Now he turned, looking directly at her, his look utterly serene. "There's alot more to it than just those things."

Turning back to their other two companions, Shawn finished with, "We should get going. I think it will be another five to six hours before sunset, and I'd like to be as far out of this region as possible before then."

Without any further ado than that, Shawn began making his way down the mountain, following his senses and knowing that the others were closely on his heels.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-17-2005 11:08 PM    
"One would suppose it would be an honor to meet you as well." Kesh replied, glancing at Sarisa before survaying the landscape, its primal beauty not escaping his notice.

He followed Petrolu directly from behind, still warry of his "apprentice", as what Petrolu had said was true in many ways. It also did not escape his notice that there was another jedi, which in effect, might lead Petrolu to share that secret of Kesh's defeat.

A thing he did not relish, even in his new-found "alliances" and status.

[ 10-18-2005 10:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Nefrai Kesh ]

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-20-2005 02:36 PM    
She nodded back to Nefrai as he commented back to her.

Looking out from their impromtu landing site she wondered what awaited them. Just how advanced is this race of Sith? Master Petrolu said they had magick but are they primitive or are they advanced like humans in the ways of science, art, communication and space travel?

We shall see.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-20-2005 09:30 PM    
As Shawn continued walking, he extended his Force senses outward, now certain that there was civilization not too far ahead of them, just below the mountain range they had landed in. And not a touch of the Force-presences he was seeking for...

...but once again, there was still something strangely familiar, almost like there was a part of someone that he had been sensing for down there somewhere. Shawn wasn't sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing.

But he focused his attention, becoming so absorbed in the task at hand that both time and those around him faded, or rather merely mixed in with everything else he was sensing through the Force as he simply became part of it. This was the way of the Jedi, after all. And with each passing step down the rocky terrain of the mountains, vegetation began to emerge...

...and life became sentient. The amount of time which passed during this journey was unknown to Shawn; but at length the mountain range had disappeared completely, sequed into grass and trees, and then into the edges of a settlement. And that settlement remained as something familiar to Shawn, whether he was in Prinnchatka yet or not.

He knew this place. Pausing only momentarily, he looked back to the others who had followed him. "Just so that no one here is alarmed by it...

...I fully intend to be captured by the Sith."

Quieting a moment at that, Shawn looked heavenward, surveying the setting sun. He pulled his hood over his head, and shielded his eyes with his hand. "Sunset may hide us as we travel though the city, but I wouldn't count on that keeping us away from keenly watching eyes and ears. We may be captured, we may be welcomed...

...it all depends on what has gone on here since my last time in this place. However, initially...

...capture is likely," he reiterated. "I don't believe stealth is wise for us just yet...

...and I think we need to stick together. If something should divide us, then stealth is the next step. But until then...

...we should move on."

Without any further word than that, Shawn began moving once more, his hands folded in the sleeves of robes. On the outskirts of a city already, Shawn knew it would only be a matter of time.

[ 10-20-2005 09:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-20-2005 09:49 PM    
They had been following the strange beings for some time now, easily hiding from them as they utilized the rudimentary magicks they knew to cover themselves in protective blinding shields. Wooden staffs in their clawed hands, they paralleled the path taken by the jedi and his troup, shifting from shadow to shadow, always just out of sight of the strangers, barely out of sound.

Until one of them erred.

"S'slan!" his fellow Sith burst, whirling on the offender whose clumsy foot was even now in the process of lifting from the dried stick it had inadvertantly broken. He sighed then and, as their cover had been broken, emboldened himself to step out from cover to warily approach the jedi.

"Who are you?" the young Sith asked Shawn, cocking his stubbily-horned head a bit to one side, his auburn eyes widening in simple curiosity as he waited for his playmates to come up beside him.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-20-2005 09:55 PM    
I am Jedi Shawn Petrolu," Shawn replied calmly, simply. "I'm looking for some friends who last were headed to this planet, and therefore was enroute to the Temple. Might you be able to help us get there?"

Falling silent at that, Shawn cocked his head slightly and waited, maintaining a relaxed stance as he did so.

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-20-2005 10:00 PM    
"The Temple?"

The young Sith's brow creased a moment as if he was puzzling upon something. Propping his staff in the ground in front of him he leaned against it, both hands holding it at a level next to his face, his cheek resting in turn against his fingers.

He brightened then.

"Are you a Lord?" he queried as, pulling his face back he turned his staff horizontally and held it there, almost as if in offering.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-20-2005 10:07 PM    
Shawn smiled, softly. "No, but I am a Jedi Master, and a friend of of one of the Sith. I have had the privelge of helping the Dark Lady in times past, as well as some of the Lords. It is the Dark Lady that I sek now. Do you know of her?"

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-20-2005 10:20 PM    
The young Sith hung his head, rubbed his toe in ground.

"No," he said in a low voice, then raised his head up again.

"I don't know her but I know all about her. She and her Dark Lord are the ones who take care of every Sith here on K'eel Doba, and are why I'm gonna grow up to be the best warrior she's ever had."

He stuck his chest out, ignoring the stifled giggles emanating from his mates.

"Do you want to go see her? The Temple is that way, about a day's travel, in the biggest city in the whole universe. It's so grand; my father said he was going to take me there one day for my trials so I can become a warrior."

He stopped a moment, now turning to frown at the other youngsters, whose giggles were increasing with every passing moment. His eyes darkening to umber, he turned back to Shawn, now pulling the staff back to himself and planting it solidly in the ground.

"I can lead you there, if you want..." he began, but was interrupted by one of his friends.

"You know your father won't let you do that, you're not ready yet!" he snorted.

"Besides, you promised you'd be my sparring mate today; Aelenvaar can't block and he's afraid to hit so I can practice!"

Now it was the turn of the third Sith to protest. The second turned to him, an argument forming as he did so, which was soon rejoined until they were making such a ruckus that a bevy of birds lurking within a nearby stand of trees exploded to the sky in a flutter of wings.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-20-2005 10:28 PM    
"Boys!"

The word came out as something other than a shout, but not the calm and relaxed words Shawn had been speaking either. Rather this was something belying his background in teaching the young Jedi students; a voice that commanded attention and respect. The young Sith stopped their bickering, and froze in place, turning to Shawn.

"Please, I would not want to do anything to get you in trouble with your Father," Shawn stated then, now that he had everyone's attention. "Perhaps you can lead me to him, and he can help us get to the temple?" Shawn suggested then.

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-20-2005 10:32 PM    
The young Sith sniffed, swiping his nose with his arm.

"Well... all right," he finally said, albeit not without a little reluctance. "But I still think I can take you there myself--

"No matter what you guys think!"

Levelling a final glare upon his comrades, he took hold of his staff again.

"C'mon, it's this way," he said as he turned from Shawn and headed off in a ground-eating lope, surprisingly fleet for his age.

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-21-2005 08:38 AM    
First they were peacefully making their way through the forest then suddenly a snapping of a twig broke the mundane as a few strange beings approached them.

Sarisa took her actions from Shawn's lead and remainded in a non-offensive posture as she and the others listened to Master Petrolu speak to the seemingly youthful Sith.

The Sith bickered for a moment until Shawn regained their attention with a single word. Sounding like a father who was attempting to get his sons to listen to him.

Before she knew it they were being lead to one of the Sith's father. Who would hopefully help the small group in their quest.

AS they continued on she walked closely to Master Petrolu and in a soft voice she spoke to him.

"It would seem that the Force has guided us to these Sith youths. How do you think the one who's father we are going to will react?"

After making her statement and before Shawn could reply she looks at Nefrai and Dat to see their facial expressions as well.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-21-2005 03:57 PM    
Kesh was finding -as he walked- that these sith did amuse him, but in a familiar and warm way. There was a basic honor and simplicity that he could admire in their actions, and it was with further interest that he followed.

"Tell me Master Petrolu-" Kesh said, covering the ground at the pace of the group, albeit a smidgeon faster. "-Is there something inside the city we are specifically looking for, save those we have been sent to search for? Or is there someone or something there that you think will give us a clue as to their location?"

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-22-2005 10:34 AM    
"I'm not going to speculate on what is going to happen," Shawn answered Sarisa. "Focus on the moment is key."

Then he shot Nefrai a sidelong glance, still moving and following closely behind the youthful Sith as a grouping of dwellings became evident not too far ahead. "As I've already stated, we need to find the Dark Lady. If anyone knows the whereabouts of those we are looking for, it would be Graysith."

Saying nothing further than this, however, Shawn continued on behind the Sith, those aforementioned dwelling places growing even closer with every step. In but a few standard minutes, they were right on top one, and to the door. The young Sith who had been leading them turned, motioned for them to stop...

...and then stepped inside the dwelling, leaving Shawn, Sarisa, Nefrai, and Dat with his fellows as he obviously went in to speak with his Father.

One way or another, Shawn knew it wouldn't be long before something--for better or for worse--happened. Keeping his thoughts focused on the moment, however, he simply appreciated the simple fact that they were making progress on his intended goal...

...finding out just what had happened to Galen Danner and the Eagle Enterprises employees as he had promised Aaron Barnes.

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-26-2005 12:11 AM    
She nodded in response and aceptance of Shawn's reply to her as she watched one of the Sith enter one of the structures.

A strange sensation seemingly crept it's way over her. Was it the planet or something on the planet. It sure wasn't anxiety or nervousness, but what was it?

She caught herself from letting her mind wander as Shawn's word echoed in her mind.

"Focus on the moment is key." he told her. So she forced herself to do just that while they waited to see what was going to happen next.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-26-2005 10:30 PM    
Keeping his physical senses as well as his Force-senses attuned to everything going on around him as he waited, Shawn immediately picked up on the momentary flash of something in Sarisa's eyes, something that indicated she perhaps was sensing something. He turned to her, arching an eyebrow. "What is it?" he queried simply to her, his brow lowering but the slightly curious look in his eye remaining, Jedi or not.

[ 10-26-2005 10:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-26-2005 10:35 PM    
"I will admit that I find it curious that the ruler of a people would be known as dark. Tell me that I'm Mynock-holing (Pidgeonholing) the expression, but usually dark would refer to someone of.... my origins or previous liking." Kesh said, observing the Siths dwelling.

"Perhaps you would care to explain the society a bit more?" He asked, still observing the dwelling. "So that we do not offend the local customs." He spoke as if he was unaware of the jedi undercurrent.

It was afterall, not in his nature to truely notice that, so much as other things.

[ 10-26-2005 10:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Nefrai Kesh ]

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-27-2005 05:41 PM    
The voice of the calm Master Petrolu snapped her out of her little daze.

Shaking her head slightly she focused her eyes on him with his puzzled look.

For some reason it seemed rather funny. That was the first time she had seen him with that kind of expression. Though she refrained from letting any of the supposed humor show.

"I'm not sure. It could just be the new environment or the Sith. I just got a strange feeling that I've never had before. I just can't place it. I am trying to keep myself focused on the moment though."

Her voice sounding very sincere yet still soft as usual.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-27-2005 05:43 PM    
Kesh felt a slight stirring, and, against perhaps his more animalistic paranoia, decided to bring a few things out then. "Master Petrolu, perhaps it would be best if you explained, well, me."

He paused. "As you know, I'm likely to be a bit of an anomally for those who aren't used to my presence."

Dat Cyprios

posted 10-29-2005 01:14 PM    
Dat surveys the surroundings silently as he strides across the terrain with the others, following the... child? into parts unknown. So many missions on so many planets, and he's never seen or even heard of any race quite like this.

The all-too-familiar, inexplicable sense of danger that he feels when confrontation is imminent falls over him, heightening his senses and making him intimately aware of his surroundings. His mind begins to shift into its accustomed battle-calm, but something seems to be... missing. It takes all of his control not to stagger forward as the realization strikes him once again: the steadying, guiding hand of the Emperor is no longer present. Is that why I'm so uneasy, he thinks, or is it something else? Shrugging his shoulders slightly, he forces the calm over himself, turning the keys in his own mind to maintain that stillness over his thoughts.

Even so, a faint sense of foreboding gnaws at him through his veil of serenity. Yet on he goes with the rest of them...

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-30-2005 12:52 AM    
Shawn was keenly aware of the strange feelings sweeping over the members of the group as was he that perhaps not all of these were directly related to the events at hand. Then he looked to Nefrai. "I will not speak for you," Shawn replied simply. "What you wish to explain concerning yourself is entirely up to you. As for the feelings you are feeling..."

He trailed a moment, arching an eyebrow Dat's way before continuing to speak to Sarisa. "They might have something to do with the Sith. After all, you are as unaccostumed to being around them as you are to being around, well...

...our companion Nefrai. Magick is a powerful thing," Shawn then said, his greeny-blue eyes wandering again to Dat, and focusing on him a moment. "Be mindful. I do not know exactly how these Sith will react to our presence; we need to present as open, honest, and cooperative a front as possible."

Even as Shawn spoke these final words, the door to the Sith dwelling began to open, slightly...

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-30-2005 01:46 PM    
"It's possible that you are correct Master Petrolu. The feeling is very strange and unlike anything I've felt before."

"Since you mentioned Nefrai could you please tell me what you know of him?"

She looks at Nefrai. "Or could you tell me yourself?"

Her eyes divert to the opening door as they wait to see what will happen next.

Will they help us or will something else happen. She didn't know, but she needed to stop speculating and just be prepared for the present. React to the action.

[ 10-30-2005 01:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-30-2005 03:23 PM    
Kesh chuckled. "It is a story that goes back longer than even I remember. However, there is a short and sweet tale to my existance and how I came to be here."

Kesh stretched out a hand for the first time in her prescence, and examined each claw-like finger one at a time. "I am an ageless being, a thing that has been around for a long time. For an almost unknown amount of time, I would sleep in a small pocket of space that even I knew not of it's significance. Every few decades, this pocket would open up at some point, usually near a battle."

He placed the hand underneath the cloak. "At that point I would wreck havoc upon any beings I came up, a beast, a monster of death and distruction. I have been at many famous battles, for I have been at the taking of Coruscant, at Endor, and many more places. Until I came to a ship recently. I assumed that there was something, and began to wreck a small deal of havoc upon the crew, until Master Petrolu here, recalling my ledgends, managed to make me de-materialize and be voided out into space."

He shifted just slightly at this less than friendly recalling of the encounter, then continued. "It was after that, that I managed to grip onto a ship that eventually returned too that same vessel, and encountered Master Petrolu on friendlier terms, using some of my powers to heal a friend of his from a near death state. It was then that I joined him in this quest of his, and that is why it is here that I stand."

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-30-2005 08:46 PM    
Her expression is that of someone in awe. here is a being claiming to be as old as time practically and he just goes around tormenting and killing anyone who crosses his path.

"Well, I guess it's a good thing Master Petrolu had some words with you because from your description it sounds like you would more enjoy to kill or mangle all of us. I'm glad you're on our side."

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-30-2005 09:00 PM    
Shawn turned in surprise to Sarisa, and folded his arms against his chest, his blue jedi robes falling loosely around his hands as he did so. "Don't use the past to judge the future. Being aware of it is precisely that; being aware. Things can change."

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-30-2005 09:10 PM    
"Still paranoid that I tried to maim you eh?" Kesh said, chuckling as he turned in a wicked grin to look at Shawn. "You hold too much against me!"

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-30-2005 09:18 PM    
"Yes Master Petrolu. However, at the moment I think we have something that calls our attention in the present."

She points to the opened doorway of the house.

[ 10-30-2005 09:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

Dat Cyprios

posted 10-30-2005 09:44 PM    
Dat breaks from his silent consideration, turning the black slit of his viewplate toward the girl. "Though you may believe you're a Jedi because of those... ornaments... you wear on your belt, girl, I assure you that no Jedi would hold death and pain in such high regard. Your face when you speak of Nefrai gives you away; killing, and death, are merely intellectual exercises to you. Only a child, or a zealot, would go charging blindly forward, unmindful of what might lie ahead of you, around the next bend... Or behind the next door."

"This isn't a game, or a... training session. If things here go sour, real blood may be spilt, and real people may die. Show me that same wonder then."

Dat turns to Shawn then. "She doesn't belong here. We should return her to the ship, lest she endanger the mission."

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-30-2005 10:11 PM    
Shawn merely arched an eyebrow and directed an intense greeny-blue gaze Sarisa's way. "Dat is correct," Shawn said then. "Your reaction of wonder to the death and devestation of others troubles me."

Quieting a moment at that, Shawn pursed his lips, his eyes remaining intense but otherwise totally unreadable. "Your being here is my responsibility and, for the moment, what you may or may not be prepared for has little to do with what we will do now. You have the Force and you have the ability to use lightsabers, that much is apparent. What I am interested in now is if you have the ability to use both for good."

Trailing again, Shawn turned to regard Dat. "She will remain with us; travelling back to the ship now would be more dangerous and might lead the Sith to suspicion; that cannot be risked."

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-30-2005 10:20 PM    
Remaining silent at both Dat and Shawn's statements towards her she simply nodded in acknowledgement to Shawn.

What was wrong with being amazed at a being that apparently used to spend it's life destroying others. Wouldn't that catch anyone's attention? I'm sure Master Yoda would even be struck with wonder even for a moment.

Well, I guess we'll have to do better to please Master Petrolu and to keep Dat off my back. What does he know anyways trying to make himself sound like the perfect strategist. There are many ways to do battle.

She calms herself and and regains her composure as they await the Sith.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-30-2005 10:27 PM    
Kesh chuckled in a darker humor than usual (if he could ever be considered humorous!).

"They are right. To be fascinated by me is to in a sense, be fascinated by death. As a bit of simple wisdom, treating me as an ally and nothing more is best." With that he looked out across the landscape, wondering when their sith guide would return.

Offhandedly he finished: "Besides, it's not as though I willingly wanted to walk amongst lesser lived beings. Before I know it you'll all be rotting away and I'll have to know different people. It will be very depressing, but also ironic in a way that I doubt you'd understand."

[ 10-30-2005 10:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Nefrai Kesh ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-30-2005 10:30 PM    
Though Sarisa didn't say a word, Shawn could easily sense the emotions of indignation and pride welling up in her. He nodded at Nefrai's words. "If you cannot begin to take some stock in what others say--especially fellow travellers--then I'm afraid you will endanger this mission. The living force entails much more than just Jedi."

And there are two sides to every coin, came the echoing words of his sister in Shawn's mind.

[ 10-30-2005 10:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-30-2005 10:38 PM    
"Forgive me for saying so but I feel like I'm being a scolded child. That in itself isn't exactly happy times you know."

She shakes her head then takes a breathe.

"I will try harder to be a true Jedi Master Petrolu, and I will do better to take others words into consideration."

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-30-2005 10:39 PM    
The door to the Sith dwelling, held partially open for the past few moments, suddenly flung wide. Standing within was a tall figure: red of skin, ram-horned, eyes of an eerie and icy pale lavender. For a moment he stood there, tall and imposing, a smaller Sith peering around from behind. Then he turned his head to one side, those eerie eyes never leaving the group huddled at his door, and barked something in Sith to the smaller one.

His son let out a sigh and backed away to disappear into the shadows behind him, leaving his father to turn back to the others, stepping forward out of his house as he did so.

In his hands was a sharp double-ended weapon: one end bearing an ornate spearpoint, the other a long scythe-like blade.

He spoke up sharply in the Sith tongue, waited a moment, then said something in a different dialect. When he was met with nothing but raised brows he cocked his head a little to one side, his eyes narrowing as he considered the group. Then--

"Who are you, and what is it that has brought you to my doorstep?" he asked Basic, his voice a deep and rich bass. His clawed hands tightened about his weapon and he seemed to tense, ready to spring forth to defend his home and his son if need be.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-30-2005 10:46 PM    
Shawn's greeny-blue eyes met those of the pale lavendar-eyed Sith. His stance relaxed, yet he did not move suddenly to keep from alarming the Sith. "Some friends of mine may be trapped somewhere on your world, and I am seeking the Dark Lady in hopes that she will be able to lead me to them or give me an idea as to if they in fact were ever here."

"I am Shawn Petrolu, and these are my friends Nefrai Kesh, Dat Cyprios, and Sarisa Ker."

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-30-2005 10:51 PM    
The Sith didn't so much as blink, but something of his aura immediately segued from suspicion-laced wariness into suspicion-laced disdain. While he didn't actually sniff aloud, the look of it was planted upon his lean, aquiline face.

"And just-- what are you?" he asked, looking down his nose at the party.

"How is it you come here, speaking of our Dark Lady? Why do you think she would help you... if you live long enough to even come into her court."

Now his nostrils were curling to match his lips, and his grip upon his weapon tightened even further.

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-30-2005 10:55 PM    
She could feel the tension eminating from the Sith figure infront of them. She held back her instincts to pull out her sabers. Instead she continued to wait to see what might happen and listen to the conversation between Shawn and the obviously proud Sith.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-30-2005 10:56 PM    
"There are no "ifs" or "buts" about our journey to see the dark lady." Kesh said, turning to look at the Sith with an obvious air of blatant superiority.

"You will guide us or allow your son to do so because if you do not, I see no reason to allow for you to bar our path. And if you do, I see no reason for me not to remove you physically from our path, as your pathetic facade of honor is little more than an attempt at Bravado that has no basis in fact."

Kesh extended a clawed finger towards the sith, now mocking his expression as he lifted his head in the form of looking down his nose'. "You will not bar our path, because you have not the ability, nor the will to do so."

Dat Cyprios

posted 10-30-2005 11:01 PM    
Dat cringes inwardly but shows no physical sign of his questining the tactical soundness of threatening the creature before them. Still, the ever-increasing likelihood that a confrontation will occur causes his hands to grip his force pike a bit tighter, though not to go nearly so far as to ready it for battle. All he can really do at this point is watch, and wait.

[ 10-30-2005 11:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dat Cyprios ]

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-30-2005 11:02 PM    
The aura emanating from the Sith changed again. No longer merely suspicious, far beyond wary, he now drew himself up to his full, towering height and glared down upon the supercilious Nefrai.

"You speak of blood... very well. You will depart from my property now, or I shall remove you from it!"

Turning his head again to the side, he barked another order into the darkness which lurked behind him, the quiet of said darkness now being marred by the sounds of moving feet, followed shortly thereafter by a door opening and closing.

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-30-2005 11:13 PM    
Sarisa smiled inwardly as she could feel the fear seeping out from Dat though he didn't show any physical signs of it.

She didn't think anything more of it because she didn't want Shanw to read her anymore. At least not about somethign as trivial as that.

Instead she continued to wait in a relaxed stance where she could transition to offensive or defensive posture depending on what happens in the next few moments.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-30-2005 11:14 PM    
Kesh chuckled, a low rumble that echoed about. "I suppose it is my err that you bring the name of blood about in. Though if you would recall me wording, I never did mention blood. One needs not spill that precious resource too die. However, as you seem the honorable, if foolish sort, I shall accept your challenge, if foolhearty it is."

He looked to the others. "You should all take a bit of distance now. Oh, and make sure Sarisa doesn't watch, less she become more fascinated by death."

He looked back to the sith. "So how does it work here? First blood? Death? All of them seem rather appealing to me, though no matter how many of your kin you send, it will never be a fair match."

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-30-2005 11:26 PM    
The Sith said nothing else.

Lightning fast he stepped forward, his eyes never leaving Nefrai's, his weapon swinging in an arc, altering in mid-swing in a blurring motion, one in which the scythe end was suddenly manifest, the spearpoint now down...

...to imbed itself into the ground as the scythe swept through Nefrai's body without even touching it...

...to come to a sudden halt now imbedded deeply into Sarisa's thigh. There the point stopped with an almost surprised abruptness, letting blood from non-intended prey, the shining metal creating a deep hole in the femur, greenstick fractures radiating like a spiderweb from the point of contact, odd bits of dirt and bacteria now flowing freely into Sarisa's bloodstream.

The Sith blinked once, taken completely aback. Then he yanked his weapon free of Sarisa, setting it to whirl in front of him by the skilled movement of one hand while his freed one now traced mystical signs in the air. Falling back into his ancient language, he called forth his inherent magicks to set up a protective shield against this stranger whose flesh would not yield to the cold honesty of metal.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-30-2005 11:31 PM    
Kesh looked down, and then back. "Not even a count? No paces? Wild cold combat. Excellent."

He laughed, and began shifting some of his muscles and joints to "limber" him up, his body more angled and loose, though still just as strong, if not as "thick".

"You know though, hurting someone else who's not engaged is just plain rude." He started stalking forwards, however, it was almost in a drunken way, juking from side to side randomly as he came closer and closer, before spiraling down within arms reach, and dragging his claws up across the ground and towards the sith, only to watch as his claws came close that they slid away just slightly.

"Hmmm, must be those magics..." He began an angled dance, sending out kicked and swipes the forced the sith to reposition himself and move more than it did make attempts to injure.

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-30-2005 11:32 PM    
Without warning a flash of metal caught her attention but too late to respond.

"Aaahhh!!" she screamed as the scythe embedded itself into her leg.

Instictively she reached down to the wound after the weapon had been withdrawn. She looked at it and noticed it had already started to become infected.

Collapsing onto her side she continued to hold her leg as she started to concentrate and use the Force to try and slow the infection from spreading.

Dat Cyprios

posted 10-30-2005 11:50 PM    
The world seems to slow for Dat as the spear begins its lethal move toward Nefrai. In an instant he's keyed his pike to life, an almost imperceptible harmonic vibration running along the shaft. Even as he moves to counter the blow, he sees the scythe bisect Nefrai... Or more accurately, where Nefrai should have been, and carve a deep wound into Serisa's thigh. Shifting his swinging of his pike into a high, wide arc that would keep it clear of his comrades, he uses its momentum to carry him closer to the fallen girl. He stays in this position for a few moments, kneeling between the child and the creature, his weapon ready before him. Warily, he rests his pike on the ground and, reaching beneath his voluminous robes, retrieves a field medical kit with one hand, and covers the creature with the carbine suddenly present in the other. Cold eyes trace the Sith's arcane movements even as he tugs the needed implements from the kit by feel alone. Once he has the proper items, he injects a combination anesthetic and antibiotic solution directly into the wound, proficient enough even with only one hand at the task. Next he begins to clean and then bind the wound as effectively as he can. Still, he's concerned about blood loss, and about infection from these... foreign... microbes.

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-30-2005 11:52 PM    
The Sith took the merest fraction of time to shout out another order, one clearly intended for someone behind him even though his eyes remained pinned to those of the dark-robed being in front of him. He smiled coldly to see his magicks beginning to take effect, then tensed further, his stance wide, his weapon held at the ready, parallel to the ground to bar the path of the group in front of him.

From behind him there came a slight shuffling sound, as an attractive female Sith sidled around the doorframe, holding a steaming bowl in her clawed hands. She did not come out to confront the strangers but merely stood there, waiting to apply her ministrations...

...to whomever they would be needed.

If they would be needed...

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-30-2005 11:58 PM    
Kesh, finding that the sith's guard was great as he dodged, or allowed the shield to work for him, had one flaw.

He started to reshift muscles and the likes, and slowly paced, running his claw over the edge of the shield as he saw it formed a strange circle about the warrior.

There was a strange pause as Kesh came around to the point between the warrior and his home, then he smirked. "Now here is a question." he reached out an arm to point at the female sith. "What would you do if I were to be as dishonorable as you, and attack a non-agressive bystander without warning. Such as this-"

He suddenly pulled away from the warrior and placed his clawed hand upon the sith woman's neck. "I doubt you wish to lose that which is precious too you, as time is precious to us. You will give up this foolish folly, and you will take us to the dark lady, or, you will lose that which is precious too you. I am in no mood to play at this, as all we will do is go in circles until one of us dies of age."

He smirked as he ran his 5th digit over the womans cheek. "And I assure you, that is a competition that you would win at."

[ 10-31-2005 12:15 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Nefrai Kesh ]

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-30-2005 11:59 PM    
Before she knew it Dat was tending to her wound with a med kit. She positioned herself so that he may better do what he had to.

As he was cleaning the wound as best he could she looked up and noticed what looked like a female Sith carrying a bowl that seemed to have a hot substance within it as the steam was clearly visible.

Sarisa looked at the male Sith. Seeing his defensive stance and how he held his weapon. Something didn't seem right. The Sith wasn't trying to fight anymore. He was defending himself. Rightly so since his attack failed to have any affect on Nefrai.

Then everything changed as Nefrai managed to get into close quarters with the male Sith.

[ 10-31-2005 12:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-31-2005 12:11 AM    
"Nefrai, STOP!" Shawn interjected, his words drawing surpise from everyone. He turned to the Sith, whose defensive posture did not change in the slightest...

...and rightfully so. "My sister Shayla is Graysith's Chosen sister; my friends may be in hurt, in trouble...or worse."

Shawn paused. "I did not come here to fight with you, despite what my companion does."

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-31-2005 12:16 AM    
The Sith let out a blood-curdling snarl, one part pain, the remainder pure, blinding rage. He let his body go loose to thus absorb the impact of what was to come...

...for nothing would stop him now.

My mate! She is in danger!

His vision reddened as unadulterated rage filled his eyes. But he needed no sight; he could smell the foulness of the being in front of him.

Letting forth another bellow he whipped the spear about and charged, pushing himself up and forward with surprising speed and agility straight at Nefrai.

This time the point easily slid into the dark being's body, the full momentum of the charging Sith's massive body assuring that the point exited from his back...

[ 10-31-2005 12:26 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-31-2005 12:25 AM    
Kesh let out a low growl as he felt agony seep through him. In his mix of arrogance at his move, at the sound of Shawns call for him to cease, he felt himself jerk.

He knew he only had a few seconds before he would have to "release" and let himself fall away to heal, and, dispite every instinct he had, turned the hand upon the womans throat towards the sith, and lashed out, their proximity and the fact that he was now almost a quarter of the way down the shaft, confirming that he was in reach.

He felt his claws meet flesh as they raked across the warriors chest, spilling out the warriors own blood across Kesh, as the power of the thrust had "pulled" Kesh through the shield.

Then, with agony so great, Kesh released his material form and immediately as vapor, floated with the wind out away from the entrance to the home and to a distance of fourty meters where he let himself come together, and immediately started to focus upon repairing his tortured flesh.

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-31-2005 12:26 AM    
Her leg feeling like it was on the hot sands of Tattooine under a magnifying glass.

The pain of the infection only increased the already agonizing feeling of having her leg broken as well. The scythe had struck with enough force behind it that it snapped her femur.

She continues to concentrate and use the Force. Hoping to slow the spread of what seemed to be fire in her veins.

[ 10-31-2005 10:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-31-2005 12:33 AM    
Time juddered into metronomic synchrony.

The Sith's head flew up and back. Rich purple life's blood geysered from his mouth, opened yet in an enraged "O."

The female Sith ran to his side, falling there, tears welling up to fall in silence upon his face. A face from which life was quickly fleeing.

Honor forbid her to speak at this sacred moment. But--

"Traitor! I brought you to my home!"

A small comet of rage exploded from the doorway, wooden staff held before it in an awful, ineffectual parody of a spear. The young Sith flew at Nefrai, holding his practice weapon as if it were highly tempered metal, and without any hint of hesitation attacked him with all the force his young body possessed.

[ 10-31-2005 12:34 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Dat Cyprios

posted 10-31-2005 12:39 AM    
Dat continues to tend to Serisa as best he can, though his finger tightens on the blaster's trigger as the creature charges. Noticing that its path doesn't carry it directly toward his position, he relaxes, following with the barrel but not firing. He shakes his head slightly as he works.

The noise from Nefrai comes as a shock; his gaze flickers to the point of the spear, clearly penetrating his back, then to Nefrai as he deals the Sith a lethal blow. Instinctively, he tilts Serisa's head away from the fray even as the Sith child wails and charges the injured, but still dangerous, Kesh.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-31-2005 12:40 AM    
Kesh felt the necessary flesh mend upon his body as he watched the would-be-warrior fly at him, and winced as agony still coursed through him. Still, he knew that this was not a time that he could afford to waste, and did the most blunt thing that he could.

Without thought, but with great focus towards his overall task, he grabbed the weapon in one hand and then brought his other hand into the young sith's stomach with a great force, knocking breath from him as kesh pushed his weak and near limp body to the side, dragging himself upright as he staggared back towards the dwelling, flittering bettwen material and immaterial.

As time seemed to stretch, he moved with pure agony forwards, compelling himself to right that which was wrong until he felt his claw on the dwelling door.

With no time to lose, he staggered down to where the sith and his mate, and without a word, for he had not the energy, sank to his knees and felt his cloak begin to lose matter as it seeped away through his hand to mend the flesh of he who he had laid low....

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-31-2005 12:54 AM    
The young Sith scrabbled to his feet, his eyes wide with horror to see what to him was the sight of the dark and deathly being committing yet more sacrilege upon his father's body. His mother lay half supine upon the ground nearby, having fallen there at Nefrai's approach, her bowl of herb-infused waters now soaking the soil upon which she lay.

Beneath Nefrai's ministrations, the Sith lay stubbornly quiet, his flesh growing cold and stiff, for gaseous monstrosities do not living Sith flesh make...

Tear-filled auburn eyes now turned helplessly toward Shawn and the crouching Dat.

"I brought you to my home!" he gulped in a sorrowful murmur, falling to his knees to stare down at the remnants of his little wooden staff.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-31-2005 12:59 AM    
Kesh watched as the flesh died beneath the repairing material, and sighed as he receeded it.

Good and well it had done to mend an ankle and cure toxins, but no good could it do against his own power. What gives me the right to be a maker and undoer? What gives him the right to die? He asked himself as he let himself focus on healing before voicing words to those who would hear.

"Fought valiantly he did, and his death be not in vain for his honor remains intact, for he died in the best way possible. The saving of one he loved was as I could understand it, the most selfless thing to die for. It is for that-" Kesh rose slowly, the agony receeding. "-he deserves to lie amongst kings and gods."

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-31-2005 01:20 AM    
"How dare you, how DARE you!!"

In an instant Nefrai's blatantly incongruous words had the young Sith up on his feet once more.

"How dare you speak of honor and gods, you who came here as my guest, to provoke my father when honor bade him stand his ground...

"You who have killed him!"

His auburn eyes flashing in righteous anger, the boy now forced himself to stride up to Nefrai. Although tall for his age, he still had to crane his head back to stare up at the hooded being, standing his ground, his clawed hands held into tight fists at his side.

Out of the corner of his eye he noted the red-robed being seem to shift, as though ready to leap to the defense, but he did not care.

This being had broken every code of Sith honor that he knew of, and for that he deserved to die.

"I--" he gulped, then straightened.

"I challenge you to death," he said, bravely enough, every bit within his right to speak the words.

From off to one side there came a low moan, as his mother let loose a stifled wail for what appeared to be the upcoming death of her son as well.

For no being with honor would dare turn away The Challenge.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-31-2005 01:26 AM    
Kesh looked to him, and knealt so that he was around eye level.

Slowly he drew back the vapor-like hood, and with his skull-mask looked the sith dead in the eyes. "You are challenging death itself too a duel to death. That my young warrior, is foolish and unwise all in one."

He looked into his eyes with his own hidden ones for a long moment, then rose again. "The death of your father was not meant to be. Your honor in bringing us thus-far was great. But you dishonor your name and your families name by daring to challenge that which cannot be done. You are not old enough, nor wise enough to understand the implications of what you say."

He looked down to the warrior. "what would your mother do without you? Her husband dead andh er child gone? She would waste away in grief for her loss. And it would be upon your hands. Not your fathers, nor mine. What your duty in honor is now, is to bring your father to a place of rest as only his son should ever do. No wife, nor father, should have to bury their son."

The Ancient Sith

posted 10-31-2005 01:38 AM    
The young Sith stiffened further, blood dripping now from his hands for the strength in which he fisted them.

"You dare to speak such words, and just after killing my father!" he spat, a red haze beginning to mist in his eyes.

"You challenged him, you killed him, you dare to speak of honor, you--"

He trailed, his mouth working as he strove to find the correct means to express himself in the meager Basic that he knew.

"You who are without honor yourself."

Trembling, he took a step backward, letting his eyes rake up and down Nefrai's body. If anything he was more his father's son in that moment than ever before.

Leaning forward he spat in Nefrai's face.

"Leave my house and my family. You are strangers here, and will be.

"Believe me."

With that final utterance he moved around Nefrai and went to his mother's side. Placing his arms about her shoulders he helped her to her feet, pulling her with him to go back into their house.

A few moments later two male Sith came through the door. They went to the slain Sith and picked him up, easily carrying him back into the house with them. The door then slammed closed with a finality that promised the door to the planet would as well, for even then the tale of what had happened was beginning to spread.

Such was the strength of the inherent magicks of the Sith.

[ 10-31-2005 01:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

ShaRhylla

posted 10-31-2005 01:04 PM    
The acting Dark Lady stood framed within the doorway to her private chambers, her arms crossed with impatience as she stared up at the warrior who stood before her.

"Yes?" she asked with a yawn of indifference, wanting nothing so much as to return to her bed.

"Milady, news of strangeness from the Outreaches."

The warrior bowed his head respectfully, a fisted hand clamped over his heart, before sinking slowly to his knees. Now he let his head fall back as if offering a bared throat to his Mistress.

But that was not the heart of his offering.

She chewed her lip a moment, then sighed.

"Oh, very well," she said plaintively as she reached out a small hand, fingers spread, to find certain pressure points on the warriors temples and nose and cheek. Now closing her eyes, she let her own head fall back in mimickry of him as visions slowly began to infiltrate her.

Visions passed from a distance, from mind to mind, as they always have, passed from Sith to Sith through their magicks, a method more reliable than that of mere electronic transmission. For the mind of each Sith, on all the Sith worlds, was linked to that of three others, in turn linked to three, and so on until a vast network was created.

If one Sith died, another could take up the message, for it flashed at the speed of thought between them. The odds of any three minds that were linked to one being killed or dying at the same time were astronomical; thus it was that through the magicks inherent to each and every Sith on K'eel Doba, the startling information of what had happened in the small village not far from the capitol city had propagated at almost the speed of light.

ShaRhylla blinked, interested in spite of herself.

That hooded one... ahhh, I detect a darkness about him. What is he doing associating with the others? And they themselves--

What is this red-robed one who stands ever alert but strangely aloof from the others? Who is the girl, who appears so weak by comparison? And the last--

Her eyes flew open in the closest thing to pure astonishment that she could allow herself to feel.

"The jedi--" she breathed softly, now letting her hand drop as she took a step back.

The jedi. I know this one...

She crossed her arms again, nodding imperiously to the warrior.

"You have done well to bring this information to me," she began, her mind beginning to whirl with plans and schemes and ideas. None found solid ground within her; she shrugged, the movement barely noticeable.

It matters not; I shall decide what to do when they arrive.

"Find them, and bring them," she commanded. Giving the warrior a nod of dismissal she turned to leave but stopped. For once an idea of something beyond the mere moment impacted her.

"They had to have come in a ship of sorts; I would suspect that such a vessel cannot be too far from where they made themselves known.

"Find the vessels and impound them; I shall send the Engineers from Ch'arlingua to deal with them.

"Notify me when they have arrived here."

Finally concluding her commands, she re-entered her quarters and slammed the door. In her wake the Sith nodded in acquiescence, rose to his feet, and hastened off to put her orders into effect.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-31-2005 03:09 PM    
Everything had occurred with such strange rapidity, Shawn hadn't even had the time to react. And the results of Nefrai's action sent a rift of pain through the Force. The agony of a life taken seemed to reach out physically and grab him, and with a great deal of effort Shawn was able to contain his feelings and take action.

A Jedi protects and defends. He does not attack.

Stepping in front the doorway to the dwelling and shielding it from Nefrai for at least the moment, Shawn's eyes hardened, and he spoke at last, his hand reaching toward the lightsaber at his belt although he knew it was useless against Nefrai.

"Why have you done this?!" he queried quietly yet not without emotion, pain etched in every word he spoke. "There was no reason..."

[ 10-31-2005 07:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-31-2005 03:50 PM    
"It was the natural order of things, in a way that could be called unnatural, if you can discern what that means." Kesh paused, looking at the dwelling, a place that he was sure he had changed forever, a thing he could never undo.

"I know that one day, some day, I will meet my reckoner. Perhaps it is upon that day that I will truely grieve for all I have done in my existance. But for now, to call me for what I have done and force me to stand trial before your judgement-" He let the unfinished sentance answer itself.

"I wish you to know that I do regret that which I have done. I am a maker and an undoer, and neither are pleasant things. I would give my own body to bring back even one of those I have laid low in my time. I know that I err, but perhaps it is not all at it seems. Perhaps I am not the only one to be held at fault here, but we shall never know that."

He turned to look out across the landscape. "For now, all we can do is continue onwards and pray to ourselves that we find whatever comith for us."

ShaRhylla

posted 10-31-2005 04:09 PM    
As the young halfling turned away into her chambers, there to prepare herself for the upcoming events, she was stricken by a sudden wave of vertigo. She staggered beneath it's impact, one hand flying out to strike against her bedpost which she then gripped as though it was a lifeline into sanity.

Which, perhaps, it was.

Something softly ominous, darkly insidious, seemed to fill the room with an unseen but certainly not unfelt miasma. It crept in upon little sandcat's feet, tiptoeing about, spreading like invisible oil until every corner, every nook and cranny, every single atom within was filled with its eerie presence.

ShaRhylla drew back a moment, readying herself to do battle with this new strangeness, when something gave her pause.

Something strangely familiar, almost warm, as close to comforting as what it represented could ever allow itself to be.

She blinked again, this time in surprise.

"F-father?" she stammered, forcing herself upright, turning this way and that as she stretched out with her senses.

"Is that you? Are you there?"

Suddenly she stopped, like a questing nek who has found game. Her talents homed in on a particular spot in the void around her, a void which suddenly only she could see.

Floating in that void were a pair of eyes the color of the sky.

She smiled slowly, beginning to listen, nodding in agreement, every so often lifting a daintily clawed hand to her mouth to stifle an erupting giggle.

Oh, such fun there was to be had!

Kalvendar

posted 10-31-2005 04:55 PM    
Kalvendar paused as he raised his hand to knock upon the door of the dark lady's chambers. He could have sworn he had heard the faintest of uncharacteristic sounds from her chambers, and began to consider if he should return at a different time.

However, he decided to continue with his duty as he let his knuckles strike the door thrice before he knealt to wait, wether she would allow him entrance or wether she was too preoccupied.

ShaRhylla

posted 10-31-2005 05:28 PM    
Acting every bit the fifteen years of age which she was, physically speaking, of course, the halfling reacted in a most uncharacteristic manner for her.

Both hands clapped over her mouth to help her swallow a final rising giggle.

Her bi-colored eyes were wide and yearning, staring into one particular spot within the opulent immensity of her chambers.

A spot which quite suddenly was no more than that, no different from any other spot anywhere else in the great Temple.

Drawing a deep breath she returned to her door, opened it.

"Yes?" she sniffed, battling to return to her former haughty air, knowing deep in her heart that she would never be the same again.

Ever.

Not after what had just been revealed to her.

Dat Cyprios

posted 10-31-2005 08:44 PM    
Dat looks up from the wounded Serisa, concerned at the rate of her deterioration. "This girl needs more medical attention than I can give here in the field. We should return to the ships; It will also give us a chance to," he glances at Nefrai, "...rethink our approach." He leaves the girl for a moment to retrieve his pike and sling it across his back, then returns and lifts her from the ground, ready to carry her all the way back if necessary.

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-31-2005 09:10 PM    
She doesn't move, she barely seems to breath, but in fact she has slowed her body functions down. The hope of this tactic is that someone will heal her. She still feels the pain of the infection but she doesn't allow her mind to react to it inturn keeping her body from reacting to it.

All her hopes now lye with those she has accompanied, or possibly even from the Sith.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-31-2005 09:30 PM    
"We will most certainly be intercepted if we try to return to the ship now," Shawn said, stepping away from Nefrai and heading to where Dat and Sarisa were. "I can at least heal her some; they will come for us..."

Shawn ttailed a moment, looking now to Nefrai. "...and I do not intend to run. Doing so would only implicate us further in some dark deed that was never intended...

... or needed. The Sith had rights to suspect us; they had every right to question us and our motives. And now you've given them more than the right; you've given them a reason. I will not flinch from that or try to cover the action as something that was either to be or just."

Turning back to Dat now, Shawn cocked his head slightly, his greeny-blues at last losing a bit of their original fire. "Please, lay her down. I will do what I can for her, while I can."

Kalvendar

posted 10-31-2005 09:37 PM    
He noted just a slight change in her over demeanor, but decided to push past it.

"The intruders have been confirmed to have disappeared from the vicinity. However, on a different level of news-"

He looked down the hall almost casually, assuring no other sith approached before continuing. "Salandaar shows progress in recovery. Have you a wish upon either of these events?"

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-31-2005 09:48 PM    
Kesh merely snorted, annoyed that all that had transpired was being placed upon him. The agressive sith challenge had to have something too do with it. After all, it was his stubornness that had led to the confrontation.

Kesh sighed, and personally refused to take full blame for the dark event, and merely watched as they tended to Sarisa.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-31-2005 10:22 PM    
The attitude radiating from Nefrai was heavy enough to squash an army of rancors. Shawn spared a moment to look back to Nefrai, his look calm but his words revealing. "What happened to the change in you aboard the Hornett and with Ms. Manth?" Trailing a moment, he then continued with, "If you prefer to run from the truth of what you've done, go ahead, no one is stopping you. After all, if the only thing you can do is react without thought and then not take the responsibility for your actions, you are not suited to be on this mission with us as I previously had thought."

Saying nothing further than that, Shawn returned his gaze to Sarisa, who failing in her struggle to maintain consciousness. He waited for no further movement from anyone else, but instead placed a hand on her wound, closing his eyes and stretching out to the Force, channeling it to the injury while at the same time reaching his other hand to Sarisa's forehead to lay it there, then channeling the Force to her mind to draw her into a healing trance which would be greatly needed.

[ 10-31-2005 10:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-31-2005 10:28 PM    
If the only thing you can do is judge me when I have done the best to explain myself, then perhaps it is your arogance that is not suited for anything but to compete with such against that of these sith." Kesh snapped.

"You expect quite a bit of a being that has done nothing but kill for countless millenia in a very short time. Perhaps it is that you should not test the limits of his patience when already it has worn thin. Perhaps it is your error that you brought me in the first place, but it is not something you can go back and change is it? Just as I cannot go back and change that I slew him."

He took a step forwards as he spoke. "So perhaps it would be wise to leave it in the past, where it is, and where it belongs, before you cross the same line that the sith did, regardless of wether he did it intetionally or found himself standing there by suprise?"

Sarisa Ker

posted 10-31-2005 10:32 PM    
IT almost seemed like a dream. Soft winds blowing through trees. Sunlight piercing through the vegetated canopy. Then something else...

A familiar sound like an echo. It was Master Petrolu's voice speaking to her. Telling her what to do.

She strained to reach out to him mentally as they were connected through the Force for the moment.

"I've already began the trance Master Petrolu, but the injury is too severe for me to begin healing. I've numbed my mind of the pain and slowed the progress of the infection but I need help soon."

ShaRhylla

posted 10-31-2005 10:38 PM    
Although ShaRhylla tried to put on her former haughty airs, she simply could not manage it. Before she knew it another giggle had bubbled up, quite uncharacteristically...

...and even more so when one considered the far too dangerous look now dancing in her eyes.

She pirhouetted, letting her hands fly out to her sides, much to the surprise of Kelvendar.

"Oh, I don't care; it doesn't really matter, you see. Those who are gone... are gone. And as for Salandaar..."

She stopped twirling, coming to a standstill directly in front of the Sith warrior.

"He doesn't matter any more either. Leave him be, he is of no consequence, no one shall believe what he might try to say anyway."

After all... wasn't that what her Father had just promised her?

[ 10-31-2005 10:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

Kalvendar

posted 10-31-2005 10:41 PM    
Kalvendar stared. "Lady.... are you feeling well? You seem uncharacteristically... giddy." He said as he observed her manner, of which suprised him to know end.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 10-31-2005 10:44 PM    
Though healing, Shawn still could still hear Nefrai's words, and took a moment to respond, barely opening his eyes as he continued to concentrate on Sarisa. "You should leave," he then answered Nefrai. "Now."

And without a further word, he turned most of his attention back to Sarisa, stretching out to her and encouraging her to relax and trust in his abilities. All the while, a portion of him was not at all unaware of what was going on around him...

Nefrai Kesh

posted 10-31-2005 10:55 PM    
Kesh looked at him for a moment, then walked forwards and looked at Sarisa's wound. "This is a fault that you have no part in Master Jedi. Her wound is a fault of mine, so before you rashly cast me out I would not mind tending too it before I go-"

Suddenly he stopped, his keen sense of hearing catching distant sounds, a faint vibration in the earth. "I think someone could be comming..."

[ 10-31-2005 11:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Nefrai Kesh ]

Dat Cyprios

posted 11-01-2005 08:00 PM    
Choosing to ignore the banter between the two, he sets Serisa lightly on the ground, then prepares and administers another dose of the antibiotic solution. He stands then, surveying the scene. His highly acute senses tell him nothing out of the ordinary, yet that same strange feeling of unease tugs at the back of his mind. He limbers his pike and runs his gaze slowly over the horizon in every direction, waiting for... what?

[ 11-01-2005 08:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dat Cyprios ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 11-01-2005 08:18 PM    
Sensing Sarisa slip into the healing trance, Shawn finally opened his eyes, and turned his attentions to Nefrai. "Rashly cast you out?"

He frowned. "Being a Jedi doesn't mean I don't have to take some stands. We need all the allies we can get here...

...but by your action, you've destroyed one potentially powerful ally we might have had here. And you destroyed your own crediability...

...how can we trust you not to do the same again, when your actions will be even more crucial?"

Nefrai Kesh

posted 11-01-2005 10:29 PM    
Kesh sighed, the low gutteral sound almost indistinguishable from a quiet growl, then started to reshift his bones, if grudgingly, until he sat upon all fours in the form of an almost demonic dog-like thing.

"Then put me on a hellborn leash and give me one last shot before I go on my merry way." As he spoke, he was -with difficulty- twisting and reshaping his cloak into an almost rope-like form, then tossed it at Shawn before settling again.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 11-02-2005 08:07 PM    
Now Shawn merely rolled his eyes, put out with the extent of this exchange and with where it was proceeding. "This is not a game," he merely replied to Nefrai.

Then he turned to Dat, nodding then to Sarisa's sleeping form before he spoke once more. "We should get moving. She will be in a trance for some time...

...but while she rests and recovers we cannot afford to wait. We will no doubt be met by the Sith; word of this event has most certainly gotten out."

He paused, eyeing Nefrai and then finishing with. "We might as well face reality and let them take us when it is time. If you could carry Sarisa, that would be very helpful. I believe the temple is..."

He trailed one final time, sensing outward then pointing eastward, "...that way."

[ 11-02-2005 08:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Sarisa Ker

posted 11-02-2005 08:14 PM    
Her dream like state was peaceful. Like a stroll through a countryside. Though while in her trance she was focusing on healing and repairing herself.

She was also doing what she could to keep herself aware of what was going on. She couldn't hear words whent he others spoke to one another, but she could sense their feelings. She hoped she wouldn't have to be in her trance for too long in case they might end up needing every able body they could get.

Until then. time to enjoy her dream.

Dat Cyprios

posted 11-02-2005 08:19 PM    
The pike goes, once again, at his back, the girl yet again into his arms. Dat lets the Jedi take the lead, falling into place a few steps behind and stopping every so often to check on Serisa's condition. Her condition seems to be improving, but very slowly.

"So... Why do we think that they'll help us at the Temple after all that's happened?"

Shawn Petrolu

posted 11-02-2005 08:25 PM    
Shawn continued to walk, frowning to himself, knowing the honest answer. "They may not," he admitted. "Which means...especially if they come after and capture us...that we may have to go on the offensive. It all ultimately depends on finding the Dark Lady..."

Nefrai Kesh

posted 11-02-2005 08:30 PM    
(((OOC: Sorry, I messed up.)))

Kesh sighed, and reset his form to normality, stretched slightly, and loped over to where Dat was. "As Master Petrolu said... would you prefer if I were to carry Sarisa? Or would you not be comfortable with such a thing?"

He spoke almost cautiously, knowing he was quite close on the line. He held his arms aloft just slightly to show if Dat would like too hand her over or not.

[ 11-02-2005 08:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Nefrai Kesh ]

Dat Cyprios

posted 11-02-2005 08:43 PM    
Dat laughs darkly, "'On the offensive'? Not that I've ever been intimidated by numbers, but let's look at this from a tactical standpoint, shall we? We're most likely wanted by whatever passes for law on this planet, with every single citizen very likely a combatant, and, lest we forget, cut off from support..." A grim gallows grin lights up his face, hidden as it is behind the helmet.

"...Sounds like fun."

Dat shrugs his shoulders slightly. "I think I can handle it," he says, not even turning around.

[ 11-02-2005 09:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dat Cyprios ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 11-04-2005 10:42 PM    
As they proceeded onward from the outskirts of the city, Shawn wasn't too surprised at the looks they began receiving, nor by what he sensed was imminent. He could nearly feel the ring of spears closing in on them...

...and simply halted where he was. "It's time," he stated simply, hoping the others would take his meaning. "This time..."

He trailed, looking at Nefrai specifically. "Do not attack. Or I will be fighting against you regardless of how it all might end."

Then, still standing in place, the others close behind him, Shawn spoke up, not necessarily to anyone in particular, but most definitely to any nearing Sith.

And he tried a bit of a new tactic as he then spoke, his voice commanding yet at the same time nonthreatening. "We seek Dark Lady Jharmeen Qu'taro regarding the disappearance of some friends...

...and some of us have made poor choices regarding how we could find her," he continued, his voice now actually showing emotion as he finished with, "Such loss of life was unnecessary, and not at all what I intended. My most deepest apologies to you all...

...do with me as you will."

[ 11-04-2005 10:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 11-04-2005 11:03 PM    
Shawn could be unpredictable yes, his threat was forseeable yes.

But martyrdom?

Somehow it seemed strange, regardless of how noble Shawn seemed too be, it seemed as though he would have a greater purpose than merely sacrificing his life to these barbaric sith....

Shawn Petrolu

posted 11-04-2005 11:50 PM    
Shawn was keenly aware of Nefrai's emotions, and once more, they concerned him, and more than just a little.

If the Sith do come around, he's going to provide more of what he did before.

Actually frowning at the thought, Shawn turned to Nefrai once again. "Look, Nefrai. When I said that you should leave now...

...that is what I meant. Your presence here will put this team in jepordy, the people I'm looking for in jeopordy...

...and the Sith in jeopordy as well. Not all of us have the luxury of immortality."

Turning to Dat then, Shawn nodded in front of him. "Perhaps we have not approached the juncture yet I thought we might have. Let's keep moving."

With no further words, Shawn turned, doing precisely that, still certain that they would eventually be intercepted by someone.

[ 11-05-2005 12:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

The Ancient Sith

posted 11-05-2005 01:37 PM    
There were strangers among them.

Word had spread, quickly, of the foul attack upon the warrior, a deed made even more dark for the fact that it had been witnessed by the young son of the deceased.

Every Sith mind that this information reached recoiled with distaste, darkened, turned to anger and then hatred against the strangers.

Then to that which their Laws proclaimed. For thus do Laws exist, to keep the anger and the hatred of the individual from lashing out into society.

The Laws held fast. They proclaimed in this case that, until those Lawgivers who had been notified came to mete out justice, the strangers would remain just that.

Strangers.

Watched by more eyes than they knew. Followed by silent footsteps, tracked, trailed, kept under observation.

But never to be met outwardly.

None would give them succor. None would guide their way.

Those who had found the ships would not relinquish them either; in fact, much to the dismay of the strangers were they aware of it, the ships had already been disengaged from their power sources, key elements now laying in the hands of the Sith, who waited for specialists to arrive that the ships could then be repaired and flown to Ch'arlingua.

But the specialists were yet to come.

So the ships lay like lumps of cold metal upon their lofty place, and the strangers who walked among them...

Walked alone.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 11-05-2005 02:53 PM    
As they continued to walk in silence, Shawn was becoming increasingly aware of the strangeness which surrounded them. He cocked a brow. "Am I the only one who finds it odd that no one is stopping us? No one is even approaching us...."

He trailed at that, frowning, his look thougtful. "I have a suspicion the people we are looking for aren't here," he admitted openly to Dat. "But at any rate, this was their last know destination. I'm not certain how the Dark Lady will react to what Nefrai did, nor how she will react to our being with him at the time of the incident...

...which could retract from us getting any information from her. Still, we need information, and at the moment it would appear we have time. The only definite information I have is that Galen probably arrived here in Terrin's old lamby the Eagle. Matt and Jasyn took Aaron's lamby the Raptor...

"Maybe we should focus on finding the ships, rather than proceeding to the Temple where we may be taken anyway? After all, Aaron did say he might be able to track them, and I have his comm frequency. What do you think?"

Salandaar

posted 11-05-2005 03:20 PM    
Salandaar slowly opened his aquamarine eyes, blinked to clear away the gum in them. Grunting with effort, he sat up, taking a look about himself.

He was in a Healing Chamber, naked, upon a stone bed. A thin fur lay rumpled at his feet.

He frowned; then his eyes widened as recollection flooded in.

The Lady-- dead. Who was not the Lady, but some foul doppleganger.

The coming of the Dark Lord Phalomir and his compatriots, to try to discern the hand behind this subterfuge.

The demon which crawled forth from Hell.

Starting, he cast a quick look about himself. Thanks, however, to the Healing ministries of the resident sorcerers and inherently tough Sith physiology, he lived. He had healed.

He took a breath, relishing the slow but sure return of strength.

A bit of time longer, and I shall return to my duties... and try to discover what evil it is, what madness that has descended upon us.

Nodding his head briefly, he lay back down, drawing the furs up to cover himself. Then he closed his eyes and returned to healing slumber.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 11-05-2005 09:29 PM    
Kesh watched Shawn for a moment, almost thoughtless as he did so, then quietly he spoke.

"Master Petrolu-" he raised his voice slightly. "-I will depart from this company. However, I shall bring into note that none of us was ever nominated or declared leader. I shall leave due to the animosity between us. It is also that you forget that you would not be here were it not for my healing of Captain Barnes."

He looked out across the landscape. "We both were hired for this endeavor, and I do not intend to fail at this. So I shall proceed in my own way so that I do not hinder you further."

ShaRhylla

posted 11-06-2005 12:10 AM    
ShaRhylla's twirling came to an abrupt halt.

"Yes, I suppose I am at that."

She cocked her head a bit to one side, now taking in a closer look at Kelvendar, as though seeing him for the first time.

"You were the one, to come when I found--"

She stopped, her eyes now widening, staring about as she patted herself, seeking...

"It is gone," she murmured, half despairing, half angry.

"Did you take it?"

She turned her eerie bi-colored eyes upon Kelvendar, pinning him with a look which had a strange brand of darkness swimming across the surface.

Some would call her insane at that moment.

Others... simply dangerous.

[ 11-06-2005 12:11 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

Kalvendar

posted 11-06-2005 12:31 AM    
Kalvendar was quite taken aback. "Milday I know not of what you mean!" She was acting extremely odd, and for no reason.

"Are you not well? Perhaps you would do well to seek a healer?"

ShaRhylla

posted 11-06-2005 01:14 AM    
ShaRhylla's look segued into one of combined rage and little-girl innocence.

"A Healer?" she queried back, cocking her head to one side, staring directly at Kelvendar but now looking completely through him.

"Wh-why would I need a Healer? I am well, I am whole, I-- I am... I am h-happy; no, I am angry... angry for it is gone, he took it, it wasn't you after all, was it, it was him, he, the blasphemer, the common thief--!"

With startling rapidity she began shaking, trembling, shuddering, her body defenseless as wave after wave of reactionary shock struck her a tsunami's blow.

Her eyes grew wider yet, mirroring the rictus her mouth had become.

Suddenly she fell to her knees, slumped back on her rear, hid her face in her hands. The dainty, pearly claws raked the flesh of her face, sending rivulets of reddish-violet blood oozing down her cheeks, her chin.

Father-- what have you done to me?

Why?

But none were there who could even come close to answering her anguished, silent cry.

Kalvendar

posted 11-06-2005 01:16 AM    
Kalvendar took a step back, alarmed, for this show of... madness... seemed so out of place for her normal command, authority, and simple power. "I-I will go get help milady. Stay here! Don't move!"

He quickly turned and sprinted down the passage, pounding away at the stone steps as he sprinted to find a healer, or even a warrior or servant to help the Dark Lady.

The Ancient Sith

posted 11-06-2005 01:27 AM    
A young serving girl, coming from an intersecting passageway, heard the approach of pounding feet and paused. In front of her disbelieving eyes a blur of color rushed by.

Her mouth opened in surprised confusion, she stepped into the passage down which the blur had run.

"Sir?" she queried, calling after Kelvendar, holding her tray against herself.

"Do you need assistance? Is there something amiss?"

[ 11-06-2005 01:28 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Kalvendar

posted 11-06-2005 01:33 AM    
He spun and looked at her, quite relieved. "The dark lady is in pain. Something brings her strange anguish." He said, looking too her.

"Quickly bring a healer to her chambers, she must be tended too!"

The Ancient Sith

posted 11-06-2005 01:44 AM    
The girl wasted no time in queries or contradiction. Her tray falling to the stones of the corridor with a loud clatter, she soon added her own pounding footsteps to the echoing din.

Down one passageway and into another she flew, coming at last to the section of the temple which housed the Chambers of Healing. Not bothering with any courtesy, normal for her species not to mention her station, she burst into the first one she came to.

"The Dark Lady is dying!" she cried out, glancing wildly about herself, seeking anyone who could help. She was soon approached by a Healer, who took hold of her arms, his grip a firm and steadying one.

"Show me," he commanded in a deep, quiet voice. One hand lifted from her arm to lay itself gently upon her face.

All he received was a vision of Kelvendar.

He drew back, a frown creasing his face.

"Where is the one you have shown me?" he asked, now staring deeply into her eyes. The look forced itself into her rising hysteria, banking it, bidding calmness come to the fore.

It came. She gulped, pointing behind her.

"B-back there, in the passage leading to the Lady's chambers. The Dark Lady's daughter... I mean, the Dark Lady."

Frowning a bit, the serving girl ground to a confused halt, staring at the floor as panic ebbed from her. The Healer understood what she had been trying to say, and after taking a precious second or two to assure that the girl was calm enough to leave alone, he hurried from the Chambers, following the course she had travelled.

It wasn't long before he found Kelvendar.

"You!" he called out, reaaching a hand toward the Sith.

"What is happening? Did something happen to the Lady; I am a Healer, and I have come."

Kalvendar

posted 11-06-2005 01:48 AM    
"Thank the gods..." Kalvendar murmured. "She seems to have been struck by visions! She tears upon her own flesh and speaks of things that are not there! She acts normal one moment and from the next comes utter insanity! You must help her!"

The Ancient Sith

posted 11-06-2005 01:54 AM    
The Healer frowned, taken completely aback by this statement. He wasted no time, however.

"Come," he said urgently.

"We shall go to her; perhaps I can discern what it is that has so suddenly plagued her."

For sudden this was indeed. As in the case of all large structures of political import, word oftentimes seemed to fly faster than light itself. All those dwelling within the temple's walls already knew of the heinous act of the strangers who were out there, somewhere upon K'eel Doba. Indeed, it had been less than an hour that the Lady had given forth her decree upon them. Found they most certainly would be, and quickly, but the Lady needed to be herself so as to deal with them when they were brought to her. For that was the way of the Sith.

Taking Kelvendar's arm, the Healer urged him on.

"Let us hasten," he said simply.

[ 11-06-2005 01:59 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Kalvendar

posted 11-06-2005 01:55 AM    
At a swift but non-tasking pace, Kalvendar led the healer to her chambers, knocking politely upon the doorframe before stepping inside. "Milady I have brought help..."

The Ancient Sith

posted 11-06-2005 02:04 AM    
No response.

The Healer cast a frown of alarm upon Kelvendar, then opened the door, allowing themselves into Lady ShaRhylla's private suites.

She lay curled upon the floor there, looking small and vulnerable.

Her eyes were wide, staring into nothing.

The Healer rushed to her side, reached out and touched key points upon her face...

...only to fall back with a gasp.

Darkness within. Darkness bearing ruby eyes...

...and eyes the color of the sky.

Shuddering, he gathered himself together.

"Your assistance, please," he finally gulped as he returned to ShaRhylla. Squatting down, he took hold of her under her arms, and cast an expectant look Kelvendar's way.

Kalvendar

posted 11-06-2005 02:07 AM    
Kalvendar moved closer. "What is it that you need of me?"

He quieried, wondering what was wrong with the lady. He also strongly wondered what had caused such a reaction from the healer.

The Ancient Sith

posted 11-06-2005 02:14 AM    
"Assist me in laying the Lady upon her bed."

The Healer looked down at the still form, actually having to force himself to make the physical contact with her that he had.

Such indescribable darkness lay within her.

And he had no idea whether or not it would lash out at them or not.

"Quickly!" he repeated, gripping her beneath her arms.

"She appears to be locked in some kind of thrall."

[ 11-06-2005 02:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Kalvendar

posted 11-06-2005 02:16 AM    
Kalvendar wasted no time as he put an arm under her kneels and another at the center of her back, quickly lifting her light frame to the bed where he lay her flat out for easier treatment.

"What ails her?" He asked as he watched the healer.

The Ancient Sith

posted 11-06-2005 02:21 AM    
The Healer shook his horned head, quickly lending himself to the task at hand.

"I do not yet know," he admitted slowly, reaching out tentative hands to once again lay them upon her face.

Once again he recoiled, almost as if physically forced from her small frame. He turned eyes dark with concern toward Kelvendar.

"This is no disease, nor is it any mental ailment descending upon her," he finally stated.

"There are dark magicks afoot here; she will need the assistance of a Healer stronger than I.

"She will need a full Sorcerer."

Kalvendar

posted 11-06-2005 02:25 AM    
Kalvendar felt his heart jump a slight beat, before turning to look directly upon the healer.

"Where would we find such a being? This is the temple of warriors after all. We would have to go to the clan of sorcerers and request their aid.... A thing I am not sure our lady would relish... but if she is at risk do we have a choice?"

The Ancient Sith

posted 11-06-2005 02:37 AM    
The Healer shook his head.

"I agree with your assessment, and as for how the Lady would feel..."

He trailed a moment, lifting a brow toward Kelvendar.

"I find it far more acceptable to risk her wrath than to risk her possible death. At the very least, unless this darkness within loosens its hold upon her, she will remain in something similar to a coma for an unknown period of time."

He paused, letting his words sink in, giving Kelvendar time to fully assess them.

"I suggest you go to Khar Delba and fetch a Sorcerer. My magicks are simply not powerful enough to combat this."

Kalvendar

posted 11-06-2005 02:39 AM    
Kalvendar bowed towards ShaRhylla's prone form. "I will bring aid soon milady." He turned and moved from the room at a swift pace, making his way down towards the sith starport, spear in hand, for he never left it.

Sarisa Ker

posted 11-08-2005 06:00 PM    
Her trance is working to slow the infection and to begin healing her wound. Her mind is open still to the feelings of those around her. The only draw back is she can't speak directly to the save for Master Petrolu who she can contact in short bursts through the Force.

"Master Petrolu how goes things?"

Kalvendar

posted 11-08-2005 11:34 PM    
Kalvendar's blood pounded in his ears, his breathing slightly increased for the run from the temple to the tunnel-transit to the space port.

For all he knew, the Dark Lady's life could be in the greatest of dangers. He cursed the machine to move quicker, for each moment could be of the essence.

With small natural prejudice, he did hope that when he arrived the foolish nature of those who would dedicate themselves to the weaker sides of Sith nature would not bother with pleasantries, send their best, and would come and heal the lady before going on their dainty ways quickly.

With a quick relapse he cursed it to go faster again, and waited, his spear tapping the ground in a slow rythmic beat borne of nerves.

Kalvendar

posted 11-22-2005 10:59 PM    
Kalvendar left the passage holding the transit at a jog, with time being wasted by waiting around.

He glanced about the ships in his immediate area, and went to a small courier, capable of carrying eight and with fast sublight capabilities for it's time.

Kalvendar quickly boarded, and began to prep for takeoff. With the blessings of S'slan, pray that I be not too late for the Dark Lady.

The ship began to rise up, and dart towards the atmosphere, cutting through the layers swiftly.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 11-27-2005 11:33 PM    
Nefrai Kesh, having recieved no response, decided indeed that the "debate was over".

He began to lope ahead, and sniffed the air.

Civilization.

The familiar smell of technology, oil, and the other signs that were familiar to him had begun to reach him. He began to follow the scents, wondering what it was, until-

"That must be it...." He breathed, looking down upon the spaceport of Ch'arlingua (not that he knew the name), and began his loping jog down the hill he had been standing upon taking him, with every step, closer to the destiny that lay before him.

Whatever it may be.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 11-28-2005 08:54 PM    
Following through on his previous suggestion, Shawn paused in his tracks, keying a freqency into his wristcomm. Then he spoke into it.

Captain Barnes, this is Shawn Petrolu. Have you done any tracking of the Eagle or the Raptor, as you previously suggested? Please give me an update, we have had no success here thusfar.

Then he turned his attentions to Sarisa's gentle Force query, sensing her concern. All is well, for the moment, he responded, knowing she would not understand his actual words but rather feel the associated emotions.

Kalvendar

posted 11-28-2005 09:15 PM    
Kalvendar looked at the flat side of the blade of his spear, now sitting in his lap. when he had recieved it, it had been a very fond moment in his memory.

He stared at the dark blade for a moment, then looked up at a small sigil flashed to show they were out of the atmosphere, and now he could see-

"Dear Ss'slan... what have you brought upon us?" He asked, staring in horror at the blockade around the planet, stunned as he looked upon it.

"How could anyone- how could...?" He was almost speachless, and continued to stare as with every moment the ship darted closer.

Aaron Barnes

posted 11-29-2005 11:24 PM    
(((OCC: this message comes to Shawn via an encrypted commlink frequency, and can also be found in Even Smuggler's Get the Blues in the CSWU.)))

You won't be able to use any information on the tracking systems of either ship, unfortunately," he replied. "We have no trace on them. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to further assist you, however," Aaron commented, then closing the frequency.

Kalvendar

posted 12-03-2005 11:41 AM    
Kalvendar sat, stunned by the massive warhips that loomed ever closer as the fighter darted towards them. He did not realize that he was on a crash collision course for the destroyer.

However, with a klaxon and a blinking sigil flashing and wailing, he was jerked from his stunned reverie, and jerked the ship up and over the Star Destroyer that he had been so close to smashing into.

He breathed a sigh of relief, his heart pounding as he corrected the ships course to head for Khar Delba, towards the snooty, weak, and stuckup sorcerers, leaving one blockade behind....

...and another one ahead.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 12-04-2005 10:17 PM    
Shawn pursed his lips and frowned thoughtfully at Aaron Barnes's reply. Then he looked up and shrugged. "Square one, I suppose," he commented then, nodding that they should proceed on ahead before continuing with, "I sense civilization ahead, and..."

He trailed. "...I sense Nefrai."

Sighing at that, Shawn could only hope Nefrai would not be causing futher trouble.

Think about how you are approaching the situation. I KNOW You've got it in you.

His greeny-blue eyes refocusing, Shawn finally let his feet move under him once more as he began to descend the rocky mountain upon which they stood. Although he couldn't be certain, there was some sort of life down there. Now, whether or not that life would be friendly after everything...

...but before Shawn could comment to say as much, something unseen and unexpected and deathly dark seemed to simply grab him where he stood, causing Shawn to come to a forced halt with a gasp for breath. Losing his otherwise sure footing, his feet took out from under him, and Shawn fell to the ground, sliding down the mountainside for a bit before once more being able to feel his senses which had momentarily be overwhelmed by a very real, very present Darkness. And while his Jedi robes had helped so that he only had minimal injury to his actual person, Shawn was very shaken.

For a few moments, he could only remain where he was, one elbow on the ground to brace himself up somewhat, his greeny-blues suddenly very distant.

Finally he was able to utter some words, to whomever might be there to listen. Something...something has happened," he commented quietly, elaborating no further.

The Empire

posted 12-04-2005 11:50 PM    
The officer at tactical blinked in surprise as his boards set up a confused-sounding, on-and-off-again bleeping. Leaning forward, he perused his console, seeking to find what he was positive just had to be some kind of momentary glitch. His fingers flew over his boards, keying in a quick diagnostic, then paused.

His brows shot to the top of his forehead.

"Sir!" he called out even as his fingers repeated their rapid-fire tattoo on the board. Behind him came the sound of approaching bootsteps as the Officer On Deck responded to the alert.

"There seems to be a ship at close proximity.. very close proximity, I-- I think--

"Sir."

He turned in his seat, shooting his superior officer an apologetic look before returning to another furious attack on his console.

"I-- Sensors can't quite pick up on what's out there, I think it's a ship, a small one; it came up from planetside and...

"Well sir, it almost hit us, then flew over us. It seems to have slipped through the tractor beams. That is, I think that's what happened; as I said, Sir, sensors aren't quite picking up anything.

"It's almost like a shadow, Sir."

The OOD frowned and leaned over the other's shoulder, studying his console. His lips thinned into a serious line.

"Did you get a trajectory on this-- this shadow?" he queried at length, raising upright.

The officer shook his head, cut the motion in mid-shake, and segued it into a nod.

"Yessir," he said, this time with a greater ring of conviction in his voice.

"It seems to be heading to the sister planet of this system."

The OOD thought for a moment. Then--

"Send this information to Relentless, and keep your eyes peeled for any further shadows, Mister."

The officer kept himself from squirming at his post.

"Yes, Sir!" he said, letting his fingers fly again as he followed the order and sent the message winging on its way.

[ 12-04-2005 11:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by patternghost ]

Kalvendar

posted 12-05-2005 07:29 AM    
(((OOC: Kalvendar slips into: "My Enemy My Ally" in this forum, thankyou.)))

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 12-10-2005 12:02 PM    
(((OOC: Shayla, Erik, Graysith, Phalomir, Jasyn, Matt, Terrin, Galen, Oni, and Sith demon pet enter this thread from Elseness in this same forum, thank you.)))

As Shayla stepped through the portal Jharmeen created along with the others and back into the Dining Hall of the Temple at Princhatka, Shayla instinctively stretched out with the Force to gauge the climate of her new surroundings. She found her initial frown almost immediately segue into a look of utter surprise. She looked to Jharmeen to explain what she felt...

...knowing Jharmeen probably already knew without any words whatsoever.

"Something is not right here," she said simply, stating what was probably already obvious before continuing with, "And I sense my brother."

Pausing a moment, the surprise once more flitted through her eyes. "He is here, on K'eel Doba."

Another silent moment passed then, one in which Shayla was uncertain of what else to say. She keenly sensed Panthar's distress concerning the injury to his hand, however, so she turned to him.

"Maybe I can help alleviate some of that pain," she commented, coming a bit closer to him...

...and noticing the somehow darkening look in Erik's eye. She shrugged it off, for the moment, however, and took Panthars hand in both of hers, one final comment escaping her lips before she stretched out to the Force to heal Panthar's wound, cocking a brow and looking to Jharmeen once more. "What is Shawn doing here?"

And with nothing further, she then attended to Panthar, who seemed most grateful...

Graysith

posted 12-11-2005 09:36 PM    
Graysith had scarcely taken in a breath after stepping foot into the Dining Hall when Shayla's words caused her yet another slight touch of worry. Perhaps the term worry was a bit too strong; curiosity laced with a bit of concern exemplified the emotions she was feeling as she turned round to face Shayla.

"I have no idea why your brother should be here," she said, chewing her lip a little while she watched her friend and adept tend to Panthar's hand. That esteemed worthy was trying his hardest not to wince; whatever had happened to his hand, although seeming a slight enough injury as far as the Sith went, certainly seemed to be painful.

"Can you sense where he is? Is he close? If so, I can send out an honor guard to escort him here."

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 12-11-2005 09:43 PM    
Pausing from where she was tending to Panthar's hand, Shayla pursed her lips thoguhtfully, stretching out with the Force towards that life essence she knew was her brother.

"He's very close," Shayla replied, sensing outward a bit more. "I'd say no more than five to ten kilometers away."

Pausing once more, Shayla frowned. "I sense...

...other beings nearby him as well, all sentients. Strange..." she observed, then fell silent, returning her attention to Panthar once more.

[ 12-11-2005 09:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 12-11-2005 10:00 PM    
Kesh walked between the metal beasts flight and death as he looked about, unsure what exactly he was too look for.

He looked upon one of the sleek craft, and ran his hands over the odd material of the surface- feeling a strange crackling.

He winced as a strange jolt seemed to course through him as he moved closer. "How odd...' He said, not sure of what had happened- save that it had indeed hurt. "Who would build such crafts? And for what purpose?"

[ 12-11-2005 10:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Nefrai Kesh ]

Graysith

posted 12-11-2005 10:12 PM    
A shadow flickered over Jharmeen's face, clouding her violet eyes to deep amethyst. She moved to stand next to Shayla, taking care not to interfere with her healing ministrations.

"Sister, if you do not mind..."

Not waiting for Shayla to reply she reached her hand around from the side and laid its palm gently against Shayla's forehead. Closing her eyes, she let her consciousness sink into herself, that by letting herself go completely she could touch upon her own considerable talents to see outward, following the link her friend held with the jedi.

Outward then did her essence seem to fly, following the emotional spoor like a hunting nek sniffs out its prey, until at length what she was experiencing became less and less simple feeling and more and more sensible awareness of her surroundings. She drew in a breath of air, opened her eyes...

...to see the vision of the not-too distant Ch'arlingua, a loping form making a swift and steady bee-line toward it.

She shook her head, letting reality overcome her once again.

"They are close to the spaceport," she said, letting her hand drop as she moved to a nearby bell-pull.

"I shall summon an honor escort at once."

Not elaborating any further, she tugged on the pull, and soon was rewarded by the sound of swiftly moving feet. A high-echelon servant burst into the Dining Hall.

"Yes, Lady Sha-" he began but stopped in shock when Graysith turned round to fully face him.

"M-my Lady?" he queried then, losing enough of his decorum to actually let his mouth drop open, his eyes blinking and widening in surprise. Then he snapped his gaping mouth shut as, fisted hand slamming across his chest he fell to one knee.

"You must pardon me, My Lady, but it-- it is good to see that you...

"Are well," he finished somewhat lamely before quieting to receive his orders.

Jharmeen smiled and moved to the servant.

"Rumors of my death have been highly exaggerated," she said, her lips curling with humor as she then reached out to take the servant by the shoulder.

"This is a matter that will soon be attended to; in the meanwhile, there are visitors approaching from the northwest whom I wish to be provided with an honor escort. Please see to it's implementation, at once."

The servant managed to keep the rest of his shock and surprise at bay as he nodded, saluted, then rose and left.

Graysith smiled as she watched him go, then turned back to the others, her smile becoming dimmer then.

"Who should try to kill me, and have the ability to make it seem as though it could have happened?" she asked to no one in particular, then moved over to Phalomir's side. Sinking into his warmth, she remained quiet, watching Shayla administer to Panthar and utterly ignoring her own sister, who seemed to be growing more and more uncomfortable by the second.

[ 12-11-2005 10:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Lord of the Masque

posted 12-11-2005 10:18 PM    
I jerked, blinking as I heard voices beyond the wall. Had I fallen asleep? Was it possible?

I tried to recollect, but it was a faint blur. "Retrieve the axis and then return." What a curious command it had been, and more curious how I had followed it. To simply fall asleep in my contemplations.

I cursed, and scrambled up to listen to whoever were speaking.

Terrin Danner

posted 12-11-2005 10:34 PM    
Terrin ignored, at least for the moment, that Jasyn was helping himself to the Sith brandy at the bar...

...and instead watched everything that was going on very carefully, suddenly very concerned with all that was proceeding...

...and for one very specific, very important reason. Looking at Galen for a moment, he could read her discomfort with the demon still on her back...

...but he sensed another deeper, more palpable discomfort, lack of Force ability be damned.

"And with someone with such ability, what of your own daughter?" Terrin queried, the words directed to Jharmeen. "And what about Darra?"

[ 12-11-2005 10:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

Graysith

posted 12-11-2005 10:42 PM    
Graysith jerked her attention to Terrin at these surprising words.

"Are you insinuating that my own daughter may be the one who has set up this ruse? Or that she too is in danger; a possibility that my dear, sweet sister has already put forth."

Her gaze shot briefly to Galen, then settled back upon Terrin once again.

She sighed, all bravado and haughtiness laid to immediate rest. Bowing her head, she let her memories flow back to those horrible days when she had last entered into the Darker Realms, when ShaRhylla had been held in thrall to the demonic Entaris. Recalled clearly what her daughter had been like, knew with terrifying clarity what she had gone through.

Realized what she might yet be harboring, in spite of the love and healing and teaching given to her upon her rescue and adoption back into Sith society.

"I-- I do not know," she said, a tinge of misery moistening her voice.

"I-- do know that my daughter was once under the spell of pure evil, was in fact herself close to being as evil as the personage who held her in his grasp.

"As evil as your daughter is innocent."

She raised her head and stared Terrin directly in his blue, blue eyes.

Onidorei

posted 12-11-2005 10:49 PM    
We survayed them for a moment, then spoke.

"It would seem more likely that your daughter had a more direct hand in what occured. In what we witnessed, she did not seem terribly heartbroken for the "death of yourself"." We gave a faint nod in Graysith's direction.

"As one might expect in the death of one's parent or parents. Perhaps it could be again that she is held under sway? But- the thing that gives us greater pause is that, if she is under sway, who in such close proximity could give such persuasion? In our observing of this hall, only Phalomir, your daughter herself, and a particular sith warrior seemed to be most commonly present."

We considered. "We will not pretend to understand your magicks or powers in any way directly, but we would wish to think that closer contact would be required if she was to be held in some sort of thrall. Otherwise, we would be led to conclude she acted of her own steam."

Graysith

posted 12-11-2005 11:00 PM    
Graysith closed her eyes at this.

The Onidorei had been witness. With his own brand of eyes and ears he had seen and heard. He, of all present in the Dining Hall, had more than mere speculation or supposition to operate upon.

He had firsthand facts... if, indeed, what he was relating was the truth...

The Dark Lady's eyes flashed open as that final thought struck her. Moving away from Phalomir and Terrin she approached the odd entity, who had remained silent for so great a time but who, for once, when finally speaking had presented information that could not be ignored.

She stopped before him, nodding once, and held a small hand out to him, palm up.

"Forgive me... but, may I?"

She gave her head a nod in Shayla's direction, knowing the Onidorei had witnessed as well how she had discovered the whereabouts of the Jedi Shawn and his companions. Doing nothing more than keeping her hand reaching out, she remained silent before him, awaiting an answer to her request.

Onidorei

posted 12-11-2005 11:03 PM    
We looked blankly back at her. "We are my lady, eternally in your service."

We bowed our heads just slightly, and then awaited whatever Graysith might do.

[ 12-11-2005 11:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Onidorei ]

Graysith

posted 12-11-2005 11:09 PM    
Graysith let a small smile light her features, then came closer to the Onidorei. He stood in robotic silence, waiting unflinchingly to see what she would do.

"I intend you no harm," she said as she then reached out to lay the palm of one hand against its porcelain-smooth forehead. An eerie electric tingle jolted through her at the contact; shivering, she strove to ignore it and let her essence begin to worm its way into his elaborate circuitry.

"Please, recall the image of that of which you last spoke," she murmured, gritting her teeth as yet another jolt shuddered through her.

Onidorei

posted 12-11-2005 11:32 PM    
A flurry of images, of languages that we all once knew and others we had not the faintest idea of, and then- pure images. As though in the sweetest of holotheatre imaging poured from our mouth, as detailed and sweet as though one could have been watching it.

Yet for every word their was no sound, but merely the idea of it as it flowed from our collective conciousness too hers and from her, to wherever she might chose to send it.

Then, in what seemed as though a days rendition, at the speed of energy itself, the experience, the sensations (good AND bad) flew forth from us and no longer existed in our conciousness- save for a blunt monotone of memory without the flavour we had experienced.

Phalomir

posted 12-12-2005 12:50 AM    
Phalomir watched as Jharmeen withdrew from him, her warmth still lingering on his chest. As she stood touching the strange robotic form of Onidorei, thoughts cleared from the places they lay hidden after his ordeal. He spoke aloud to the group, not knowing if Jharmeen would hear his comments in her current state of focus.

“There are things which I overheard between the Master and Roan during my – time – in the Darker Realms. Things which strengthen my suspicions of ShaRhylla. I was in and out of consciousness, but I am certain this is at least partly her doing, and that Roan is behind it. There was something about her and the vials on the ship, but I do not completely recall that conversation.”

A rush of other memories came to Phalomir, causing him to shudder and take a step backwards. Thoughts of torture, of being surrounded by a dozen winged female demons biting and sucking his skin, taunting and tearing at his body… pain everywhere… each one whispering his name in deep seductive voices as they probed and bit…

He shook off the image and braced himself on the back of a chair.

Terrin Danner

posted 12-12-2005 03:06 PM    
This was all well more than enough to make every atom of Terrin want to spring up and into action, and for one particular purpose.

To get Galen and Darra the kriffing hell away from here, since it was suddenly seeming oh-so-dangerous in this supposed place of protection.

Terrin looked Phalomir, the look in his eyes suddenly hot. "So you are all telling me," he paused, looking to Galen in concern before returning his gaze to Phalomir, "Telling us that Darra, who, because of her age-advancement, is as innocent as a little child, has been here with ShaRhylla...

...who quite possibly is involved with a plot to make her own mother at least appear to be dead? Am I the only one here who things she intends to claim the "throne of the Sith" for herself? And what kind of position does that place Darra in? And furthermore, you're telling me Roan might also be tangled in this whole thing? And kriffing hell, aside from what Rhylla can do..."

He trailed a moment, now able to clearly remember that day back in the darker realms when Rhylla had altered his own mind.

"...we all certainly know what Roan can do."

Quieting at that, Terrin's eyes fell into a very worried Galen pair...

...hell, more than worried.

Terrin's look darkened at that, and he made one final comment. "Doesn't sound like Darra is the least bit safe here anymore."

[ 12-12-2005 03:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

Graysith

posted 12-12-2005 05:05 PM    
Though being immersed in the strobe-like series of images the Onidorei was showing her, the Dark Lady wasn't necessarily ignorant of the conversation transpiring about her. Phalomir's statement came wafting to her like a night-bird's distant call, Terrin's following remarks thunder rumbling beyond the horizon.

Her lips curled in an instinctive smile, but it was not one of joy or amusement. At length she pulled back from the Onidorei with a sigh and let her hand fall limply to her side.

"It is true," she said morosely, choking back the sudden rush of tears. For indeed she had thought her daughter was over her horrific experience in the Darker Realms, that she was healing. For promises of the bright young lady that she could have been had indeed flicked into existence here and there, responding to life in the Temple and her position therein.

Now Graysith knew those promises to be built of ash.

She hung her head a moment, studying her feet. Then she jerked it upright, stared Terrin straight in his eyes, once again ignoring the growing thundercloud that was her sister by blood.

"I shall send for JhinDarra," she said simply, going once again to the bell-pull.

"This must indeed be stopped."

[ 12-12-2005 05:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Galen

posted 12-12-2005 05:15 PM    
Now that was the farthest from what I had been expecting. For what seemed like years, and actually had been, it seemed all my life consisted of was becoming reunited with Terrin and Darra, and being able to settle down somewhere and live as happily ever after as this galaxy ever allowed one to be. I had expected yet more turmoil, more strife, more dangling of the carrot in front of the ikopi's nose...

But no.

She was coming here.

Now.

I blinked, letting my mouth fall agape as I struggled to find words to speak. For suddenly the rising storm within me had totally dissipated, letting sunshine begin to peep out to warm me.

She was coming here. Now!

Suddenly I realized what I must look like; clearing my throat self-consciously, I crossed my arms and shifted my weight to one foot.

"She'd better be okay," I tried to grumble, though the attempt at threat came out sounding more like sour grapes. That wasn't what I wanted either, so I settled on hunkering close to Terrin and closing my mouth.

She was coming.

Terrin Danner

posted 12-12-2005 05:31 PM    
This is way, way too easy... a little demon on Terrin's shoulder...

...and most definitely not the demon on Galen's shoulder...

...snorted in warning. Terrin did his best to ignore the thing, and focus on every nuance of the moment. Hoped like hell that what appeared to be about to happen was going to happen.

Hoped like hell that Darra would recognize her mother, despite the fact she'd been told by Jharmeen that she was Darra's mother.

"She needs to know the truth," Terrin stated pointedly, managing to remain the thundercloud of concern that he already had been, if not more so.

Graysith

posted 12-12-2005 06:56 PM    
Graysith nodded, moving away from the servant she had called and going to stand before Terrin and her sister. The imp atop Galen's back seemed to rear back a bit, thrashed its tail about to balance itself, then stopped.

"She will be, you must trust me, Mr. Danner."

With that the Dark Lady nodded once more to Terrin before moving off to stand by herself a moment, seeking refuge in being by herself for a bit so she could think.

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 12-12-2005 06:59 PM    
Jasyn had been in the process of pouring his second goblet of brandy when Graysith announced that she was going to call for JhinDarra...

...which took him so much by surprise that he took his eyes off the goblet and directed them first her way then towards Terrin and Galen, then towards Matt, then back again to Graysith.

Til at length he started noticing that his arm suddenly seemed rather wet. Frowning at that, Jasyn looked down, and with a curse stopped pouring the brandy bottle and sat it back on the bar. His goblet had been full a long time before, and the overflow of the green liquid had now left its mark on his left arm.

"Oh, kriffing hell!!!" he sputtered, no doubt drawing scowls and looks of surprise from everyone else.

Totally ignoring the looks, however, Jasyn took the goblet in his hand, upended it, and took a healthy swig.

Then he eyed Graysith, clearly feeling invincible. "This better be for real," he commented, taking yet another swig...

Graysith

posted 12-12-2005 07:09 PM    
For the briefest of moments something dark raised up within the Chosen Daughter, something clearly not in everybody's best interests flashed in her violet eyes. Whirling about, letting the fire remain in her countenance, she descended upon Jasyn and with surprising strength for one so slight reached out and yanked the goblet from him.

Tossing it uncaringly to the floor, she then leaned forward into his personal space.

"Believe me," she hissed, letting her lip curl at his dependency upon alcohol.

"If I were being anything but truthful regarding JhinDarra's sake, it would be the farthest from that which you would be worrying about."

Pulling back, she let her demeanor lighten, folded her hands inside the sweeping sleeves of her robes, and was returning to her spot when a servant entered, bowing before her.

"The visitor's coming in to Ch'arlingua are arriving, milady," he said, clapping his fist over his chest, his eyes riveted to the floor.

Graysith nodded, cut a look to the others, then turned back to the minion.

"This is good, show them here the moment they arrive," she ordered, then waved the servant away.

"And now we begin to delve into mystery," she said at length, letting her gaze sweep over all before stopping at Phalomir, giving him a look that stated she had most assuredly not forgotten all he had mentioned earlier, but that she was waiting until all allies were together before speaking further of his concerns.

And, perhaps, at a time when Galen's new little pet was caged for its daily nap...

[ 12-12-2005 07:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Lord of the Masque

posted 12-12-2005 07:11 PM    
I cursed silently and slid down the passage quickly, the narrow walls chafing on my sides as I morphed through a wall into the area outside, quickly changing into one- "Salandaar", and quickly made sure that proper "dressings" were upon my body.

With a smirk, I added a small stagger to my step as I stumbled towards the door to the hall, a look of slight delirium upon my visage as I shoved the doors open, and shoved past a startled looking servant. Upon seeing them all, suprised at "salandaars" interuption into their midst, I slammed my closed fist against my chest as hard as I dared for a wounded being, and bowed.

"Milady- I knew it could not be possible.... you have returned! I did not-" I stopped, as though one who was realizing himself. "My appologies. It pleases me to know that you have returned safely."

Graysith

posted 12-12-2005 07:22 PM    
The last vestiges of annoyance quickly segued into happy recognition... but happiness which in turn rapidly flowed into concern.

"Salandaar! What has happened to you--?" She reached out to lay her hands upon his shoulders but then paused as the great, ornately carved door into the Dining Hall burst open a third time, once more spilling forth a servant but one who was now leading a small group of people into the room.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 12-12-2005 07:35 PM    
Shawn had willingly fallen behind the lead of the guard who, to his surprise, did not point spears at them and bark orders and so forth.

Odd. Nefrai had killed one of their own, and they had been hailed as strangers. Only to be escorted to the Temple with such aplomb?

Well did Shawn know the path they were taking, for he had been here before, and with others. And he certainly hoped that it would be with others that he would once again cross paths, sometime soon.

Which he would do perhaps sooner than he expected.

As he and the others were lead into the Dining Hall of the Temple of Prinnchatka, Shawn kept his hood over his head, not wanting to alarm the Sith gaurd by any unexpected movement on his part. They were lead into to face about three Sith, the Dark Lady...

...and a rather familiar bunch of humans. Relief poured into Shawn, and he nodded respectfully to Lady Graysith. "My friends and I have been sent here at the request of Captain Aaron Barnes, to seek out two of his employees and Galen Danner. He was very concerned as to their safety after their departure from the Hornett some time ago...

...as I was about yours, and yours," he added, looking first to his sister then to Erik Kartan.

Shawn trailed, turning a moment to look at the others. "I am glad to see that..."

He trailed then, his eyes widening as they fell on Terrin's tall, lanky frame.

"Terrin?" Shawn queried in surprise. "Aaron told me that you were dead..."

[ 12-12-2005 07:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Onidorei

posted 12-12-2005 07:39 PM    
If we could have we would have smirked. The shows of emotion that we so long ago had been alienated from amused us now as we spoke, perhaps even a small fringe of it creeping into the mechanicalness of our words.

"It would appear he was quite alive, if our observations appear most correct. But where are our manners? We are the Onidorei. And you are?"

Galen

posted 12-12-2005 07:45 PM    
The tension that had been growing within this grand room, exacerbated by the rather grandiose statement of the weird Onidorei, could not squelch my rising relief at seeing who now stood before us.

I gave Terrin's hand a squeeze, shouldered by way past the mechanical entity.

"Not now, ya walking tin can," I muttered as I strode past him to come to a halt in front of the surprised Jedi.

Who only looked all the more surprised to see what I carried upon my back.

"It would appear that rumors of his death were highly exaggerated as well," I grinned, giving the scorpion-tailed creature another heft to get him more comfortably placed. Then my grin burst forth full force.

If this made Terrin happy, it made me happy, too.

JhinDarra

posted 12-12-2005 08:00 PM    
She had been chased from the lonely quietude of her mourning by a most urgent-sounding knock upon her door. Rising, she answered the knock only to discover she had been summoned to the Grand Dining Hall--

By her mother.

Instantly, sorrow flashed into incredible joy, the aura of bereavement she had carried disintegrating in the wink of an eye. Hurriedly, not even taking the time to wait for the servant to accompany her, she fled her chambers for the Dining Hall, her footsteps echoing off the stone walls of the corridors as she ran through them in a most unladylike manner, her hair trailing behind her.

Coming to the Dining Hall, she pushed the doors open, ready to enter therein--

--but paused.

Indeed, her mother was inside, alive and well. But she was accompanied by many others, others who were strangers to her, yet who seemed to be somehow familiar.

It was as if she had met some of these people in her dreams.

So she merely stood in the doorway, her slender hand laying alongside its frame, her own slight frame dwarfed by their immense, ornate splendor. Unmoving, not even calling out, she merely stood there watching what appeared to be some sort of happy reunion going on inside.

Terrin Danner

posted 12-12-2005 08:06 PM    
Terrin couldn't stop the lopsided grin from forming on his face at Galen's last remark as he too shouldered past the Onidorei to approach Shawn Petrolu. "It's a ahhh...long story," he explained rather vaguely. "Let's just say having a couple of loyal friends and someone that really and truly loves you is enough to defeat insurmountable odds."

Pausing at that, he squeezed Galen's hand in return then continued with, "It's good to see you again, Shawn. It's been..."

Trailing at that, however, Terrin's blue eyes wandered to the now-opening Dining hall doors. In the opening stood a young lady, red hair, blue eyes, and slight frame.

Spitting image of her mother.

"Galen..." he whispered, the word barely even coming out.

[ 12-12-2005 08:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

Galen

posted 12-12-2005 08:39 PM    
"Yeah?" I replied, sounding like all kinds of sappy happy dope-ishness as I let my eyes leave Shawn's to turn toward Terrin.

But in that brief movement they had swept across the space in the background, normally something to overlook, of course, just being a white noise kind of thing for the most part.

Except now.

For this particular background was filled with the double doors which led into this huge reception and dining area, doors now standing slightly ajar, the space between them being filled by...

I swallowed whatever else I might have to say, and simply stared at my daughter, for practically the first time in my life completely at a loss as to what words I should attach to the wealth of thoughts and feelings that were now sweeping over me.

[ 12-12-2005 08:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 12-12-2005 09:02 PM    
Jasyn, though now slightly buzzed, was clearly aware of the opening Dining Hall doors...

...and of the young woman inside them. His jaw dropped, and in his drunken state the words in his head slipped from his mouth before he could really process them or the situation at hand.

"Woah, baby, who is that?" he queried, momentarily oblivious to the jagged blue look he was getting from his boss, let alone from others...

[ 12-12-2005 09:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Graysith

posted 12-12-2005 09:09 PM    
The Dark Lady of the Sith turned her glance toward the doors, then quickly distributed one to the entire group, warning them all to stay silent, at least for the moment.

She took a step forward, raising both hands to beckon the young lady into the Dining Hall. The flame-haired young woman bowed her head and complied, coming quickly to stand before the one she thought to be her mother.

Graysith placed her arms about her in a warm embrace, lingering there for a moment before turning Darra about to face the others.

"You speak of JhinDarra Jhin'Dar Tarnus Danner," she said simply, squeezing the shoulders which began to stiffen in shock and wonder and denial beneath her touch.

[ 12-12-2005 09:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 12-12-2005 09:11 PM    
Kesh had remained silent, standing near the door, practically invisible to the reunioners as he smiled inwardly at the foolish man's drunken comment.

How pathetic... he can't even attempt a mating call correctly. He watched the reunion though, with not just amusement, but a strange feeling of longing.

What was it to know that someone cared for you? Was concerned? Missed you?

Honestly, he couldn't understand, but he did feel a strange wish to know that.

Perhaps someday, perhaps.

JhinDarra

posted 12-12-2005 09:24 PM    
Darra shook her head mutely, caught up in the roller coaster ride of first discovering her mother to be alive, not dead, only to have been told, however obliquely, that it was in fact not her mother to begin with.

She turned her head, straining to look up at the Dark Lady.

"Wha-- what do you mean? I am of the house Q'utaro; this you have told me, Mother. I and my stepsister, ShaRhylla, are your children..."

But even as the words stuttered out, her natural empathic abilities stretched out with them. Roved the room, touching lightly upon the wonder and surprise and poignancy which filled everyone present...

...the latter coming from the dark shade hovering in the shadows, a personage seeming to be overlooked by all.

She gulped, finally turning her head to follow her feelings, coming at length to the red-haired young woman who appeared not much older than herself.

Who was standing there staring at her as though simply trying to drink her in.

Her brows creased, she frowned, wondering... and then a memory came flashing back.

This was the same woman who had held her with such love, who had taken her and placed her in a seat which hummed and thrummed as, unbeknownst to her, the ship they were in fled from the planet-city which called itself Coruscant.

Blood calling blood.

She gulped, now stepping forward, her head cocking to one side as her eyes narrowed just the slightest.

The call grew stronger.

"M-mother--?" she whispered, hesitating.

[ 12-12-2005 09:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by JhinDarra ]

Terrin Danner

posted 12-12-2005 09:33 PM    
Terrin closed his eyes a moment as the word escaped Darra's lips.

This was happening. This was really happening. Finally.

Giving Galen's hand another gentle squeeze, Terrin then stepped back slightly, wanting more than anything to give Galen and Darra space.

Mother and daughter together, at last.

Graysith

posted 12-12-2005 09:45 PM    
Graysith stood silently, watching with a smile as at first the two approached each other warily, circling without making any movement at all, and by that strange connection seeming like a pair of neks which eye each other over a mutual kill.

Then Galen and her daughter were simply together: hands reaching out to touch each others' face, arms gripping tightly then pushing back so they could drink in the sight of each other before tightening once more in the kind of embrace that only exists between a mother and her child.

The elaborate room grew wavering then, as the tears the Dark Lady had been holding at bay finally sprang into her eyes.

To have that simple love, how she longed for it. For of her own children...

Refusing to let forth even the tiniest of sounds that could intrude on the joyous moment she moved aside, going off to the fireplace where she laid her hand upon the mantel, losing herself in the dance of the flames held within its hearth.

[ 12-12-2005 09:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 12-12-2005 09:50 PM    
Shayla couldn't help tears from glinting her own eyes as Galen and her daughter reunited with one another.

Mother. How Shayla had longed to hear those words someday herself...

She let the thought fade, however, as she keenly sensed the feelings from Jharmeen. Quietly stepping aside then, Shayla rested her hand upon one of her chosen sister's, a clear yet totally silent understanding passing between them.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 12-12-2005 10:13 PM    
Shawn's eyes widened further at occurrinng events, his usual Jedi serenity for the moment failing.

This was JhinDarra, for he definitely knew her Force-signature...

...but Darra was supposed to be a two year old, not a twenty year old. Which meant, quite obviously, that somewhere along the lines her age had been advanced significantly.

Moving from hs thoughts of the moment, however, Shawn regained his total composure, and removed the hood of his blue Jedi robe from his head, now training his senses upon the feelings in the room.

Warmth, love, peace...

These things were not to be taken lightly, with what he had been feeling only a short time before. Which was, of course, something he was certain he should at some point address with others here...

...for he most assuredly was not the only person feeling such Darkness.

[ 12-12-2005 10:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Phalomir

posted 12-13-2005 01:00 AM    
Phalomir watched the reunion silently, his heart a blending of emotions spurred by this bittersweet scene. His thoughts turned to his own past, the life he once knew, the son he once had. The turmoil of memories that played games in his mind, never knowing what was real, what was planted, and what was forced by his own desires. But the two strongest memories that remained constant now made themselves very present, and he fought to hold back tears for his son.

He walked quietly to Jharmeen, standing behind her as she watched the flames dance their stories. Her place in his past life was unexplainable, but what mattered to him now was the present, and his love for her had not diminished since the day he had discovered it. He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder and joined her in gazing at the fire.

The flames swayed and jumped, acting out their drama to their audience, and in the wavering colors Phalomir’s tired mind caught the image of a young halfling boy. He closed his eyes tightly, but even his determination could not stop the tear from escaping. He allowed it to trickle down his cheek, and opened his moist eyes once more to the dancing flames.

Terrin Danner

posted 12-13-2005 10:35 PM    
For a long moment, Terrin just stood back and watched Galen and Darra, lost in it. Nothing made him happier to see them together, as they always should have been.

And dammit, he didn't want anything to change that ever again.

And it was that little thought that prompted Terrin into action. Not wanting to disturb Galen and Darra, Terrin took a few steps to the side, to the fireplace where both Phalomir and Jharmeen stood, both of them seeminingly lost looking into the flames.

Oh, this would never do. How were they going to protect the hope of the future they were presented with in this mode???

Clearing his throat, Terrin placed a hand on Phalomir's shoulder to divert his attention from the flame. When he was satisfied that he had it, he then spoke up. "Now, I don't want to interrupt the moment, or your own thoughts...

...but as we were discussing before, we have a very real threat facing us...

...and a future to protect."

Stating these words, Terrin's blues wandered to Galen and Darra for a moment. "I suggest we start figuring out what we're going to do to protect that said future, and to minimize the threat facing us or at least be able to meet it head on. And we know that ShaRhylla is here. We need to find out exactly what it is she is up to...

...and ensure the safety of others in the meantime."

Even if that means removing them from this place for the time being, came an errant not totally unexpected addendum.

Phalomir

posted 12-14-2005 12:25 AM    
Phalomir eyed Terrin, surprised at his eagerness. This was a moment he himself had been waiting for, and he chose not to relish it.

But Terrin was correct. They could ill afford delay in resolving the immediate threat of ShaRhylla.

“You surprise me, Terrin Danner,” said Phalomir. “I feel your desire to let this moment linger, but I hear also the sense to your words. But bear in mind the heavy weight of this moment, for all involved, and give a little time to those who need to let the past resolve itself, even a trifle.”

He felt Jharmeen move slightly under his hand, but he could not tell if she had tensed or otherwise. He looked down at her for a moment, then returned his eyes to Terrin and spoke softly.

“I believe strongly that ShaRylla is being used by Roan, but even if she were a puppet she must be the one we face immediately. If she has raised followers among the Sith who would remain loyal to her even after the Dark Lady’s death is proven false, then we must prepare for that. We must also assume that Roan has supplied her with powers or devices to aid her. But we must also reach the vials in the ship immediately, that was something I specifically overheard as a key point in the Master’s plan.”

He again looked to Jharmeen.

“This I can do, my lady. The rest must wait until we are all ready.”

He paused a moment, unsure, then added “Your strength inspires me, my lady, but you know I am here for you, should you need me.”

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 12-16-2005 10:32 PM    
Never one for sitting around doing anything other than drinking merrily, Jasyn snorted at this disgustedly. "Her strength inspires you to do what?" he queried, interrupting. "Remenisce by the light of the fire? And yet you speak of all of these plots and of the risk they pose to us and to those we love? Now is the time, and you are a Dark Lord..." Jasyn made quotation marks with his fingers around the latter two words. "So what do you propose we do...

...or are the others of us going to have to start plotting our stretegy...

...cause buddy, I garantee you we've done it before, and we're all ready to do it again, with or without the help of a Dark Lord."

[ 12-16-2005 10:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Lord of the Masque

posted 12-17-2005 12:43 AM    
Had I not known better, I could have said that the proceedings before me were right out of a textbook play. Perhaps like: The Clash of the Twins of S'Slan, or When Magic and Myth Meet.

But, having read those two texts far too many times, I was more than a single beings fare share of bored; though this did not register upon my assumed visage.

I moved to Graysith, and licked my lips as though a bearer of bad news. "My lady, as joyous as this occassion is sure to be, there are problems. In your absense there has been a... rift of sorts. Some sith have openly embraced your daughter as their Dark Lady. Others such as myself have stead-fastly remained your servants...

"...though the timing be imperfect, I beg your command so that we might deal with this impending threat." There was a slight wince on "my" visage, as though pained by the idea of warriors perhaps battling warriors over a senseless matter; or perhaps created by the "wounds" that dotted "salandaars" body.

[ 12-17-2005 12:45 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Lord of the Masque ]

Phalomir

posted 12-21-2005 12:43 AM    
Phalomir, surprised by Jasyn’s sudden proximity and fumed at his words, found his hand snapping upwards quickly to clutch the man’s throat. He lifted Jasyn by the neck to bring him to eye level, then Phalomir stared deeply into Jasyn’s eyes for a brief moment, his huge hand forming a circle around Jasyn’s neck.

“For the love of Sla’an,” Phalomir hissed lowly. “We can spare one single moment for this reunion, for all involved. I appreciate your eagerness, but never – NEVER – mock my station.”

He blinked and lowered his hand. Still looking at Jasyn, he released his grip.

“And we all need to be together and clear as to what our plans are. There is a complicated plot put forth by a powerful enemy at work here, we can ill afford personal matters to stand in our way.”

By this time Salandaar had addressed Jharmeen. Phalomir turned to him.

“Salandaar,” he said. “It is good to know you survived the attack. Please, have Shayla attend to your wounds before you proceed.”

“My lady,” he said gently to Jharmeen. “I shall take Panthar with me. After we quickly freshen and find more suitable clothing, I wish to determine the status of the ship in which we arrived, and if the vials have been removed. It is then perhaps imperative to find your daughter and deal with the usurpation of your position. I shall change and return shortly.”

He gave her shoulder a light squeeze, turned and nodded his head to Panthar. He then walked from the fireplace and spoke softly to the waiting servant. Panthar joined him, and the two were led through a side door to a nearby waiting room, where they would wait for new clothing.

Lord of the Masque

posted 12-21-2005 12:49 AM    
I glowered under the visage of Salandaar at the thought of "kindness".

With an indiscernable look, "I" smiled faintly at the offering of healing. "No no Lord, the healers have been doing well enough. Besides, the group of you, if you mind not my saying, seem quite exhausted already. If the dark lady does not mind, I shall return to the infirmary. As pleased as I am to see that you are alive and well, merely comming here has wearied me."

With a bow, I clasped my hand, wincing to my chest, and hobbled out of the chamber too quickly steal down a side passage and return to my normal form- only to slide through a wall and hence, into safety.

Graysith

posted 12-21-2005 01:21 AM    
Through all this the Dark Lady had remained silent, apparently oblivious to all going on around her, simply staring into the flames which danced higher and higher in the hearth. The leaping flames writhed and twined, gradually seeming less and less like the plasma they consisted of and more and more like tendrils of hair whipping in the wind.

Flame-red hair, such as she bore. As did her sister, and her niece...

...and her daughter.

Deep within the logs which fed the fire, an ember flared, shooting out vivid turquoise blue. Graysith winced, reminded ever more of ShaRhylla, ever more of the painfully wide chasm which separated her from her daughter. For well she remembered what the young halfling had been through, whose tutelage she had been under.

And of course, she could never forget her father.

The thought made her grimace; tears sprang into her eyes as sudden sharp pain exploded in her face and hands. Her tongue snaked out to lick her lips, bleeding where her clenched teeth had chewed them; her eyes cut to her hands, the palms of which now bled for the strength with which she had fisted them.

She allowed herself the luxury of another indrawn breath of air, then raised her head.
Smiling a little, she turned to Shayla, placed a blood-smeared hand lightly against her face.

"Thank you, sister," she said softly, then straightened further, her eyes moving to the glowering, if a touch wobbly, Jasyn. His gaze caught hers and he scowled again, raising the bottle to his lips in a vicious swig.

She smiled without humor.

"You must forgive Lord Phalomir, for he has been through much-- but, take care, sir. For we have yet far to go." She nodded meaningfully toward the bottle held in his hand.

She then approached Galen and Darra, who managed to jerk themselves away from each other and face her.

"Perhaps Salandaar is correct. I am weary, you must be even more so; we have passed through many travails to return here that you might be reunited, and have more ahead.

"I believe we should retire--"

Clapping her hands, she summoned a servant, who after choking down initial surprise at seeing the group, bowed his head to receive his orders. Soon he departed, leading Matt and Jasyn and Shawn off to share a suite, while Darra led Galen and Terrin off to her own opulent chambers.

Graysith turned round to survey those remaining. The dark entity hovered in the shadows, silently watching matters through baleful eyes; a young girl who had come with them stood in anxious awe, staring round herself. A slight smile quirked Graysith's lips as she clapped her hands yet again, this time summoning a young lady in waiting who hurried in and curtsyed.

"See to her needs, and be companion to her should she need it," she said, nodding toward Sarisa. The lady in waiting curtsyed again, then led the young woman from the Dining Hall.

Graysith watched until the pair had disappeared through the enormous carved doors, then turned back to Nefrai.

"I somehow sense you do not need a private chamber; you may remain here, if you wish, or if not--"

She paused, cocking her head a little toward him to indicate that the choice was his.

[ 12-21-2005 01:28 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 12-21-2005 01:27 AM    
Nefrai Kesh looked upon the woman, so commanding, powerful, yet compassionate who now looked upon him- unphased as though he were merely a parody of the light of day that so many were used too.

"Perhaps you had not heared-" He said with a simpleness to his voice. "-I am not the most welcome of individuals at this time. Perhaps if there were a closet that I could hide my face in, I would do best." The way he said it was not sarcastic, but honestly simple.

He afterall, after the horrible events before- had no wish too provoke any anger amongst these people any further.

Graysith

posted 12-21-2005 01:32 AM    
Graysith frowned at this.

"What do you mean by this, I do not understand," she replied, taking another step closer to the skull-faced being.

"There is no need to hide away from the others; here, refresh yourself by the fire, rest on the soft couches."

She lifted a hand, stretching it out behind her to indicate the flames which only flared more vividly in the hearth. It was almost as if they were being fanned by yet another unseen spirit.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 12-21-2005 01:53 AM    
"When dishonorable blood of untold numbers stains your claws, and such warmth and softness has never held comfort; there is reason to hide ones face away." Kesh said, looking down at the ever compassionate woman.

But this did make him wonder. Though he had long ago accepted that he had killed many, he began to wonder how many he really, in number, had killed.

Hundreds? Thousands? Millions?

Would he ever truely know who had made him, how he existed, and why?

Graysith

posted 12-21-2005 02:08 AM    
Something stirred uncomfortably, deep within Graysith's heart.

For be dishonorable blood that of myriad souls, or merely one, it was one and the same.

With great effort she managed to repress the shudder that strove to rise up inside her; letting a tendril of herself follow that squelched emotion ever deeper into her own psyche, she sought out the Beast within for strength.

Only to find it as strangely silent as she herself had been.

She cleared her throat and her eyes, looked up into the towering Nefrai's enigmatic face.

"There is no soul existing within this universe who is untainted; we all carry secrets, my friend," she began, shifting her weight a bit to ease a cramp from suddenly tensing muscles. Muscles tensing as if in preparation of running toward something.

Or from something.

But what?

She continued on, never letting the cadence or timbre of her voice betray the trepidation which was suddenly flooding into her being, threatening to overwhelm her.

"What is past is past; we are who we are on a daily basis, and the future always holds nothing other than a clean slate."

Even as she voiced the words she couldn't help but laugh bitterly at herself. For indeed, having gone through what she herself had over the past years, knowing what she knew and having performed the acts that she had, it didn't seem that slate could ever be wiped clean enough for her to write a new life upon it for herself and those she loved.

The Master

posted 12-21-2005 02:20 PM    
(((The Master joins from Into the Out Of in this same forum)))

The Master stepped through the portal, closing it behind him.

He waved his hands, opening another portal behind the surprised healer who stood before him. He smiled endearingly and pushed the air between them, sending the healer backwards through the portal and into the darkness beyond. The portal closed, and his dark skin seemed to glisten in the low light as he took in ShaRhylla’s beauty. He stepped to her bed and ran his hand across her forehead, feeling the darkness within her and relishing in the despair he felt inside of her.

“And now, my dark angel,” he whispered. “I am here for you. Awake.”

Terrin Danner

posted 12-21-2005 04:48 PM    
As Darra lead he and Galen into her lavish suites, Terrin couldn't stop the memories of another day and time, one which suddenly was not seeming so long ago...

...yet at the same time seemed to be eons ago. He and Galen had shared several nights in suites similar to these before they moved out into the village of Prinnchatka where they made their home...

...with Darra, who at the time was an infant. And who should have now been no more than a toddler, around the age of two...or was it three?

"Your daughter is as innocent as ShaRhylla is evil..."

ShaRhylla...

Terrin's blue eyes darkened a bit, and he turned to Galen, the look in his eyes clearly conveying his concerns.

"I am concerned for your safety here," he admitted, his eyes now shifting to Darra, "And for yours."

Pausing a moment, he then returned his gaze to Galen. "Even with the possible security of an alliance here, there is still danger lurking within these walls. I can think of no place safer for us, however, even with the danger...

...at lest not yet.”

Lord of the Masque

posted 12-21-2005 09:07 PM    
I winced as I slid through the passages, and came to the wall that would lead to the lady ShaRhylla's chambers.

She has too be warned.

He thought, starting to push through the cracks, but suddenly pausing at a voice. Who would dare-?

He pushed a single eye through with more than a fair deal of pain, and watched.

Panthar Dantares

posted 12-27-2005 11:03 AM    
Phalomir and Panthar waited in the small room for the servant to return with the requested attire. It did not take long, and soon Panthar was dressed in a simple sleek black shirt and pants, a pair of soft black boots on his feet. Phalomir, to Panthar’s surprise, put on a similar outfit, but with his shirt was more silky and low cut, with ruffles running down the “V” that exposed a good deal of his chest. Panthar admitted to himself that the black on red skin really was a good combination.

But he still hated being Sith, no matter how good he looked.

Panthar placed the laser blade in his pants pocket, and waited for Phalomir to finish pulling on his boots. Phalomir seemed to move a bit more slowly.

“Well,” he asked. “What now?”

Phalomir

posted 12-27-2005 11:04 AM    
Phalomir strained to pull on his final boot. He was tired, not having received any useful sleep for several days. The rest he caught during his ordeal was fitful at best, and most often was pain-induced. He finished and blinked his eyes several times.

“Now,” he said to Panthar, “we thank our assistant here and ask to be shown back to the hall where the Dark Lady… the REAL Dark Lady hopefully still sits. Then we proceed to the ship to ascertain the status of the vials.”

The servant bowed to Panthar and Phalomir, then turned to the door. Phalomir stood and caught the servant’s arm.

“One more thing, please,” he said softly. “I know this hall has had many visitors, some less welcome than others. I know it is foreign to our ways, but if you know of any weapon that may have been disarmed from such a visitor, please bring it to my friend. Oddly, he is skilled in such a firearm.”

The servant bowed again, hesitantly, and then proceeded to lead the two back to the door of the hall. Phalomir nodded and the servant departed. He stepped inside the great hall and looked for the others, surprised to see only Jharmeen, the strange mechanical Onidorei, and a mysterious newcomer.

Phalomir cleared his throat.

“My lady,” he said. “Panthar and I are ready. Is everything all right?” His eyes turned to the dark stranger.

“Greetings,” he said.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 12-27-2005 12:17 PM    
Nefrai turned his head towards Phalomir, and merely inclined his head, to busy in thoughts to really pay attention. "Nefrai Kesh." He murmured, barely audible as he did so, before turning his gaze back to the fireplace.

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 12-28-2005 10:12 PM    
Lingering somewhat behind the others, Jasyn couldn't miss Nefrai and Phalomir. Pausing in the doorframe, he turned and eyed Nefrai, at least buzzed enough to not really care about his fearsome appearance.

Not that fearsome really mattered these days. He'd see so much of such that it all was just sort of blending in to reality.

He scowled at Nefrai. "Woopty damn doo," he stated pointedly, loudly. "Hey everyone, this is Nefrai Kesh. Isn't that just wonderful?"

Sighing then, Jasyn seemed to realize the harshness of his words, and finished it off with, "I just wish someone here would not dismiss the imminent danger. ShaRhylla is here, somewhere. Who is to say she's going to 'stay in her place' even overnight, especially considering she may even now be hearing of her mother's return?"

He shrugged at Phalomir, trying at last to ease over any rough edges. "Maybe I'm coming off as a pushy, assinine drunk guy. Maybe that's exactly what I am. But I'm not all that fond of sitting around and waiting for trouble to find me unless I'm prepared for it's arrival."

[ 12-28-2005 10:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Nefrai Kesh

posted 12-28-2005 10:21 PM    
Kesh scowled. "Yes, you are an Assinine drunkard, but if you are one who is so eager to throw himself into the firefight, perhaps it would be wise not to drink yourself into a stupor first. That way you can fight instead of using the drunk excuse to get out of it. Unless you have something more important to say other than drunken insults and harried attempts at giving a proper cavalier attitude, I suggest you sit down, shut up, and stop drinking. It kills people almost as fast as I do."

He then ceased to speak, having barely looked up from the flames upon which he had still lovingly gazed upon.

Panthar Dantares

posted 12-29-2005 10:58 AM    
Panthar scowled, stepping forward to stand with Phalomir. He nodded quickly but politely to Jharmeen.

“Right, anyway, we’re all a bit tired here and I hope everyone went to get some rest. Phal here wants to go with me to check out the ship, but I think he better stay here and rest, after what he’s been through he needs it. Hey, buddy, you look sharp in those new threads, but leave the sneakin’ around to someone not so tall, all right?”

He elbowed Phalomir, then continued.

“So, anyway, I’m fine, so I am going to do so some recon around here and see what I can come up with. I’ll report back in a while, but hopefully you guys will be sleeping by then.”

He looked over his shoulder.

“You too, Jasyn and company. Get some sleep, everyone needs it. We’re no good if we can’t function.”

He paused, then turned to Nefrai Kesh.

“Um, yeah. We’re in a bit of a situation here, so, if you don’t mind me asking, who – what -- ARE you and what are doing here?”

The Master

posted 12-29-2005 11:16 AM    
The Master narrowed his eyes, sensing something lurking. He smiled slightly, then moved his head closer to the sleeping lady. His eyes glowing red, his skin black with flashes of crimson, he bent his mouth to her ear.

The Tower lay at the heart of the Darker Realms, it was tied closely to the power of the land and was as ancient as its walls were black. Many had lived within its confines, in the days when the Realm had its own succession of Lords. Those days had long since vanished, the last true Lord swept away into the nothing, leaving the rule of the Realm to the darkness of Entaris. But even that unnatural creature was bound to the Tower, and the Tower always remembered.

And the Tower, granting a small portion of itself to the Master, remembered ShaRhylla.

“Awake,” said the Master, his smile broadening. “Awake, my Dark Heart.”

patternghost

posted 12-29-2005 11:28 AM    
The Imp released Galen’s back and quickly jumped to the floor. It scooted like lightning to the wall and jumped halfway up, clinging to the stone.

“All happy with daughter, we is?” it hissed happily. “But now peoples must listen, before peoples go to nighty night. Tireds you be, but deads you be soon. Time for pet being over, time for story tellings now.”

The imp regarded Galen, then peered at Terrin.

“You have been knowed to me, in homeland. I was in watching you when Dark Lord brings you to Tower. You, no one shoulds trust. You knowing things. Maybees you not know it, but you knowing things. Dark Lord tell you things to do, then tell you to forgets. But I knows, I knows how wicked you is, how bad you is when you remembers what Dark Lords tells you.”

Terrin Danner

posted 12-29-2005 01:01 PM    
Terrin turned darkening eyes to the imp. "What the kriffing hell are you talking about?" he queried, keenly remembering that Dark Lord Roan had exchanged him...

...a shade at the time...

...for Galen. And remembering how long it had taken him to even remember dying, and how.

But this? No WAY.

patternghost

posted 12-29-2005 01:57 PM    
“Dark Lord knows what he’s doing, knows he’s meets with red lady and Phally-mire. Hates sister-lady of red lady, says he does. Hates Phally-mire. Has plans, he does. Wants you to do his plans. I tells you this now, because you talking of going to Dark Lady sister of red lady, going to her devil-spawn. Devil-spawn daughter lady, I knowed her. Her and-- and lord of dark, they…”

The imp trailed, growing vacant for a moment.

“Devil-spawn daughter lady dangerous, too dangerous. Make very bad for homeland and here. Dark Lord, he plans you see her, she wait for you. When she find you, then you make bad.”

The imp jumped the floor, surprised by its hardness.

“But you warned now, you is. And fight it, you can, maybe making tricks. You have thing in you – feelings… hope, and thing you call ‘wuv’. Can fight, yes. She think she have you, think you her slave, but no, you whammy her!”

Nefrai Kesh

posted 12-29-2005 02:40 PM    
Kesh sighed. "Who I am, what I am, or what I have ever done, are not important. If you wish to know a small piece, just ask a small sith family on the outskirts of the city, and they shall gladly tell you bitterly of me. It shall be a charming rendition I can assure you."

He had not looked from the flames. "Is it really all that important to know who I am? Or what I have done? Can none of you be sated unless that question is answered?"

Panthar Dantares

posted 12-29-2005 03:35 PM    
Panthar and Phalomir looked at each other, and Panthar gave a smirk. He turned to the mysterious stranger and stepped towards him.

“Well, for one thing I just wanted to know if you are someone who can help. We seem to be a little short on friends right now, to be honest, and someone with your apparent… um… darkness… could be useful right now. Since nobody has yelled out ‘kill this guy’ I am assuming you’re all right, right? I hope so, because I could sure use some help.”

ShaRhylla

posted 12-29-2005 10:32 PM    
ShaRhylla's eerie bi-colored eyes opened.

For a moment they remained thus, staring upward as if studying the ceiling above her bed, where flickered shadows made by the flames dancing merrily in her fireplace. Then those shadows seemed to deepen, to darken; her eyes blinked once, then cut to the red pair which stared so intently upon her.

She blinked again, taking in the darkness, the black, the glowing red eyes. Her lips started to curl into a ravishing smile, her hands began drifting upward, reaching out, seeking, while every cell in her body strained to remember that which memory itself could not provide.

At least had not yet provided.

Not until now.

My Dark... HEART.

She was up and out of the bed and on her feet in an instant, crouching there upon the flagstones of her chambers, dainty fang and pearly claw bared as her own shadow now began to dance upon the wall behind her. The ravishing smile segued in a flash into a snarl; the violet-ringed turquoise of her eyes disappeared into black as her pupils widened.

"Who are you, to bring this mockery to me!" she hissed as memories of Entaris-aka-Darth-Wicked broke free from the shackles with which the Chosen Daughter had bound them, descending upon her in an almost completely overwhelming flood. Memories of darkness and blood and pain and delight.

He, her Dark Heart. And she...

His Dark ROSE.

Galen

posted 12-29-2005 10:50 PM    
Through all this I had been standing in silence, wincing a bit and shifting my shoulders a little in an effort to relieve the ache produced by carrying my little burden for as long as I had. But these words made me forget every lick of discomfort I had been feeling.

No big surprise there; they were completely trampled into the dirt by the onrushing army of goose-feet, which rushed icily up and down my spine now bearing with them all sorts of tidings of woe and despair and danger.

I sidled over to Terrin, who was looking as though he wanted to tear the little imp into pieces.

"He could be right, sweets," I ventured with a shudder.

"Don't blame the messenger; we all know what Roan can do--"

Now I gave the shudder rising within me full vent, grasping my elbows with my cupped hands as I hugged myself.

"What he has done," I finished in a whisper. A few ticks passed... then I pulled in a breath and continued.

"ShaRhylla is very dangerous; I-- I don't know if you know what she did to you; at least I think she did something to you right-- right before you di- were ki--"

I paused again, gulping back tears now as the full impact of what he had gone through really hit me for the first time.

I wasn't certain of it, but... he had been acting most strangely when we had left ShaRhylla in those terrible, terrible realms; he had been so suspicious, hateful of others even; I knew Terrin, this wasn't like him, I knew what Roan could do to peoples' minds, how he could worm his way inside and sit there like a gloating, bloated tick, waiting and whispering and laughing...

He was the Father, she the Daughter. The powers they held were so fiercely frightening...

"I-- he--"

Words wouldn't come to me. I gulped again, and leaned into Terrin for support, closing my eyes to feel his strong warmth, feeling the slight tickle of his breath against the top of my head as he looked down at me, heard the steady beat of his heart.

"Not again," I murmured, clenching my fists against his chest.

"I refuse to believe this could ever happen again."

Lord of the Masque

posted 12-29-2005 10:57 PM    
I threw myself back with a startled shudder. I had never been force sensitive, nor fancied myself a powerful sorcerer at all, but at that moment that she had awoken, nothing more powerful or dark that I had ever experienced touched what I had just felt.

I gasped for breath as I gave a prayer to any god that could listen, and pressed back against the hidden passages wall, wishing I could shrink away. Where had it come from? Where had that experience come from? the darkness? The hate? The rage? What could possibly send out such powerful emotions that could threaten to tear the very souls that bore witness too it?

I did not know, but I was not sure. Even my confidence was shaken- not just in her or myself, but in what I knew as reality. I had seen strange things in my time, but, never experienced such a thing. "Dear S'slan what have you delivered too this place...?"

Graysith

posted 12-29-2005 11:06 PM    
Graysith whirled from where she had been contemplating the fire.

"Enough!" she cried out, her voice no longer that of a mere human who had been thrust into events over the years under which most people would buckle, but now the timber of her position: the Dark Lady of the Warriors.

"Nefrai-"

She reached out to the tall shadow, placed a slender hand on his shoulder. Could not refrain from wincing at how that shoulder felt beneath her light touch, but let her hand remain there anyway. In fact, she gave him a gentle squeeze.

"What you speak of is a mystery to me, and is something I hope to be made aware of soon. For whatever this is, is something which truly distresses you; as an ally of ours, such distress must be alleviated and will be, to the best of my ability, as soon as I have understanding as to what this mysterious event is. But now is not the time to brood over what has gone by; now is the time to look to the future, and thus plan what we must to walk the correct path.

"And Jasyn--"

She turned to him, her eyes narrowing a bit. Indeed, his addiction to Sith brandy was starting to become a bit wearing, and could in fact prove beyond a hindrance to them.

"Nefrai is one of us; this I say to you as well, Mr. Dantares. Both of you must accept him as he is; and what great danger is that? What the drear outsider that by your actions and hints of words you would lead others to believe? If so, then why is he yet here with us, and why you here in this room?

"This bickering must stop. We simply do not have the time for it. Nefrai, what or who you are does not matter; what does is that you are here with us, lending yourself to our needs; that is enough for me.

"Now, all of you cease in your childish behaviors, lest I feel the need to send you off into rooms of your own with a nanny to watch over you!"

Rykounagin

posted 12-30-2005 12:03 AM    
(((OOC: Rykounagin enters from "Into the Out of" only to continue along with everyone else in the thread too: "Of Saints and their Slayers", in this forum, thankyou.)))

[ 12-30-2005 12:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

Graysith

posted 12-30-2005 12:07 AM    
((OOC: Amen, brother! This thread was TOO, TOO long!

We'll see you all in Of Saints and Their Slayers in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you!))