my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The end of the hunt (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The end of the hunt
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 11-14-2002 12:49 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: From the As Wolf In the Fold thread...))

Taehun's eyes shut tightly as he endured the strange sensations that came with Roan's communication. His mind had still not become used to receiving throughts directly from a foreign source, and it caused him to feel something almost like...pain. Taehun's throbbing veins would've seemed to show under the skin on his forehead. A small bead of sweat slowly rolled down his face, reaching the tip of his nose, and the pain finally ceased.

Taehun opened his eyes to see a dim light ahead. The void he was in still was cold and dark, but it was no longer the nothingness it had seemed to be before. A path towards the dim light was marked on what seemed to be the floor by blood. Taehun looked down, and saw a long, blackened rod laying at his feet. He picked it up, inadvertantly pressing a button, and nearly decapitated himself as two red humming blades burst from the long rod.

Interesting...very interesting...

Taehun had only read about double-bladed lightsabers in his solitary studies a long time ago. He never had any practice with such an archaic sword, but...it seemed that the knowledge of how to use it already existed in his head. Taehun chuckled to himself. No doubt this was his new master's work.

The faint hint of a smile seemed to form at the corners of Taehun's lips, causing his tattoos to move slightly. Without hesitation, Taehun sprinted down the corridor, following the trail of blood, and into the light.

As soon as Taehun reached the light, his body seemed to rip across time and space. Taehun would've screamed, but the force that pulled and pushed at his flesh was so severe that he could not move. The pain seemed almost unbearable, but it was over in an instant, and Taehun found himself face to face with Freedon Naad.

Taehun ignited both ends of his blade gracefully.

There was only one thing to say.

"The hunt is over, my friend. It ends here."

[ 01-05-2003 12:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.170
Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 11-14-2002 04:34 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Hmm... I thought I left you at the temple," said Naad, nonplused "I geuss I underetimated you, it amazes me that you were able to find me, I have wandered far from you temple. Though I suppose it is by your masters power that you are here rather than your own abilities." a his face contorted itself into an ironic smirk.
"You look to healthy," the smirk widend and he stepped towards Taehun, his palms outstreatched, "Yes you will do just as well as your comrade."

With that he lunged foward, thrusting his leg into the crimson lightsaber blade. He cried out, the seering pain shot through his leg, threatening to overwhelm his senses. Naad stumbled foward, wraping his hands around Taehun's neck. He fought back the pain and chanted. Slowly he felt his mind begin to num as his resistance failed, but he had to continue the incantation. His strength began to fail, his hands began to slip but he had finished. The magic passed out of him and Naad's spirit passed into Taehun's body, there was a brief struggle as Naad's spirit jostled Taehun's out of his body but it was over quickly. Naad panted and looked down at his new body. His old form, that of Desolist, lay on the earth. Naad switched off the lightsaber. He did not like these weapons, they were odly shaped and unwieldy. Still he could not allow Taehun to have it. Naad frowned Taehun was even more dangerous now that he was in Desolist's body, too make things worse Naad knew his spell would never again work against Taehun. He could not enter a body more than once. Naad used his sith magicks to put Taehun into a deep sleep, the dark jedi would not wake for several hours now. He surveyed the body of Desolist, the body Taehun now inhabited, the wound in the leg was not particularly severe but it would need to be tended to. Yes, Taehun would not be able to follow him for quite some time. Naad put away the stolen lightsaber and turned to leave.

"The hunt is far from over... my friend," he said as he sauntered off into the distance, leaving the Dark Jedi in a magick slumber. He chuckled to himself, that had been a pretty good line...

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 172.158.209.81
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 11-15-2002 12:27 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hours later, Taehun awoke, with a severe pounding in his head. He winced as his hand instinctively went to the area of pain. Slowly, Taehun stood up, dazed and confused. It took him several tries before he finally steadied himself and stood on his own two feet. That was another strange thing...he wasn't wearing his normal boots.

That was when it all became clear. Once again, Freedon Naad had used his magicks to change bodies, leaving Taehun's essence within the body of Desolist. Taehun let out a snarl in frustration, only to add to his anger upon realizing that he no longer possessed his usual, low and guttural voice.

Curse that Sith and his trickery!

Slowly, Taehun began to move around in his new body. He started by simply walking, but progressed to leaping and running. The look on his face was one of grim satisfaction.

Well, it seems at least Desolist is physically fit. Perhaps this won't be so bad after all.

For all of Freedon's powers, he was still unable to touch Taehun's essece, his very soul...and that left Taehun at a lesser disadvantage. He still could wield the dark side, and he still possessed the powers Roan had given him. The tendril link between him and his master was still intact as well. In all actuality, this was only a minor setback, a delay to the sorcerer's inevitable capture.

Taehun casually looked down at Desolist's belt. Placed at his hip was a black rod, at the end of which a small skull had been carved. Taehun smiled grimly. Despite Freedon's efforts, he was still armed with his preferred weapon - the lightsaber.

Taehun closed his eyes, and concentrated momentarily. A thought suddenly came across his mind, as if a beam of light had appeared in a dark room. Again, Taehun knew the path that he had to take. This time, though, the results would very different.

Very different indeed.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-15-2002 12:36 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Continues from A Demon from the Past in the Complete Star Wars Universe.)))

Shayla gracefully piloted her new YT-2000 freighter, which she had christened the Allegiant, from hyperspace into realspace near K'eel Doba. The ship was the typical YT 2000 freighter, 32 meters in length with 2 Quad Laser Cannons, 1 Laser Cannon, and one 1 Medium Ion Cannon. She and Erik had considered getting a 2400, but with the weaponry this particular vessel sported, they simply couldn't pass her up.

Once she established orbit she tapped her fingers on the navboard, considering her next move as she did so. “The last time we were in Prinn’chatka it was rampant with demons,” she thought aloud. “Maybe it would be best to come down away from Prinn’chatka, and take it from there. I’ll be able to sense if Graysith is on planet or not once we reach the surface...”

She paused, frowning and gulping a bit, “...unless of course she is in a chronotic shield.”

Then, another thought crossed her mind, and she turned to Erik. “Could you do a life-form scan? I doubt it will pull up anything, but you never know.”

Erik simply nodded, fiddling with a few controls on the navboard in front of the copilot’s seat and at length turning back to Shayla. “Two lifeforms.”

Shayla frowned again.

Who the heck was on K’eel Doba?

She pursed her lips in thought. “We’re going down near those two life forms,” she decided, beginning to work at the controls once more.

“Shayla, I have a bad feeling about this,” Erik interjected.

“I can’t say that I don’t agree with you,” she replied. “But you do the navigating, I’ll do the piloting. We aren’t going to know anything if we don’t give this a shot. There aren't too many folks out there who know where K'eel Doba is--for all we know this could be a couple of the allies.”

Then, without waiting for another word from her husband, Shayla began to pilot into the atmosphere. As she did so she sensed outward towards to the two lifeforms they were headed for, vaguely recognizing one of the two. Then her breath caught in her throat as something else became very apparent: evil was afoot on this planet.

Had the demons from Prinn’chatka scattered elsewhere, or was something else entirely chewing at the corners of her Force-senses in warning?

She shivered momentarily, unconsciously reaching a hand to her stomach. In the same motion she moved her hand back to the navboard, hoping Erik hadn’t noticed her sudden hesitation, and proceeded with the steps to land their ship, mentally prepping herself for whatever might lie ahead.

[ 11-15-2002 12:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.87
Freedon Naad

Member # 321

posted 11-15-2002 04:40 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Naad truged across the vast K'eel Doban grassland, it was not a pleasant expirience. Naad had never been the hiking type, it was not somthing that suited the persona of a wise sorcerer, nor was it becoming for a man of his advanced years to subject himself to such a physical activity, even if this old man occupied a strong and youthful body. Naad suddenly halted as he felt a presense, it wasn't hard, the nearly empty world of K'eel Doba was like a blank sheet of paper, even the smallest of specks stood out. Still this one was familiar, he had felt it and he had felt it recently. He ran through people he had come into contact with recently and remembered, it was the adept of the Chosen Daughter... what was her name. Naad sighed her name was of no concequence right now. He focused and tried to pinpoint the location of the adept, he growled. She was behind him, back in the direction he had left Taehun. He looked back, this was truly a delema. If he turned around he risked running back into that bothersome dark jedi, yet if he did not he might never again be able to leave this world. He slowly sat down, mulling the over his predicament. He could stay safe by walking away, or he could run a risk of being captured again and head toward the adept. Taehun had probably felt her presence as well and would head towards her. She possesed the same powers as his Lord, the same ability to wield what he his master had called the All. He rose to is feet and began to run quickly towards the Adept. He had quite a distance to cover and little time. About half an hour later the craft came into view, Naad finally stumbled to a halt, his body crying in pain. The sorcerer grumbled, he was to old for this kind of thing, his place was in a city not out here in no mans land land. He lashed out furiously at a bug that landed on his sweaty face.

"Filthy beasts," he growled as he staggered onward, his feet and legs protested but he carried on. He did not have much time.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-15-2002 09:36 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Even as Shayla landed she could feel someone niggling his way into her mind as if to discern who she was. She tensed a bit at the sensation, preparing to retaliate and push whomever was in her mind out when she began to realize that this niggle was that of the vaguely familar presence she had been sensing on the surface of K'eel Doba. She leaned back a bit and pursed her lips, furrowing her eyebrows in thought as she searched through her mind as if to try to match the Force-essence now niggling in her brain with those she had implanted in her memory. This particular signature wasn't registering with anyone that was immediately familar at the moment...

She frowned, once again gathering the Force about her mind to shove this unknown out when the Force-signature clicked with something in her memory banks.

It WAS one of the Allies. It was the formerly missing Freedon Naad.

She turned and eyed Erik. "The Sith Sorceror Freedon Naad is on headed right for us. He seems...in some distress."

Her features darkened a bit at that and even as she stood she expanded her sphere of influence to sense further outward, coming upon something dark and ominious headed right for them, somewhat behind Naad but not nearly far enough for Shayla's tastes.

Erik now on her heels, Shayla hit the controls that extended the hatch of the Allegiant and headed out to meet the Sorceror. And even as she did so she realized, much to her despair, that Graysith's familiar and comforting presence was nowhere on planet.

[ 11-15-2002 09:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.87
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 11-15-2002 11:04 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Flac, Galen and Malf join in from Noplace Special in "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

Flac just looked at galen "err...Land? Ummm... Heh, sorry, no clue, guess you'll have to err, experiment..."

His grin widened a bit and he began to chuckle to himself...

"Ya, i can tell you and DJ are already becoming friends... Jeez, i would have never guessed someone could actauly fly this thing...Well, had i not seen my sister do it...I still dont see how its done, but i guess it doesnt matter"

[ 01-05-2003 01:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

"Faster then a jedi pulls a rabit out of his hat"
---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.224.87.145
Freedon Naad

Member # 321

posted 11-15-2002 11:20 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Naad was stumbling and limping towards the craft. Every muscle in his body cried out for rest, he was drenched in sweat and surrounded by a nimbus of flies. He looked up and saw the young adept rushing out to meet him. He passed by her, grabbed her wrist and pulled her along with him back to the ship.

"I am sorcerer Freedon Naad, we were both served the Chosen Daughter and the Sorcerer Lord, I know I look different than you probably remember me but I am the same person. We must depart quickly, there is much danger here. I will explain later." he panted as he dragged her back abord the ship.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-15-2002 11:43 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was startled not only at Freedon Naad's abruptness, but his sudden change in form. But Shayla knew Naad had changed forms before; he'd been able to switch Narcolm with the body of Naber Koth and he himself had placed his soul in a stone til he could return to his own body.

So who's body was he in now exactly, and what had happened to his?

Something about this was riddled with darkness. After all, few knew where K'eel Doba was, and Freedon Naad had been taken from their party on Korriban by...

Shayla reached out and slammed the hatch shut even as Freedon Naad struggled to board the ship. She directed him toward the cabin, headed for her seat at the navboard, and went to work. Erik returned to the copilot's seat, waiting patiently should she need anything. In moments they had hit atmosphere then stars. She established orbit around K'eel Doba, then turned to Freedon Naad.

"What is going on?" she queried, something not-so-pleasant chewing at the corners of her mind even still.

[ 11-15-2002 11:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Freedon Naad

Member # 321

posted 11-16-2002 12:09 AM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I am just as curious as you Adept, for I know not what happend at the capitol." he said after regaining his breath, "after fleeing the temple of the fallen lord Roan I left a young girl named Thea in the care of the force user Loban. I was able to trick roan into killing his own henchman, but in the prosses destroyed my body. I dared not return to my Dark Lord in such a disgraceful from so I set out to find a form more suitible for one such as myself. Apparently I was persued by another of Roan's lackeys and when he confronted me I was able to defeat him. However I was once again forced to switch body. He is a persistent one and set out to find me as soon as he awoke from the slumber I placed him in, naturally when I felt your pressense I sought in hopes that you would use you power of the All to protect me. I am a sorcerer and that one was a warrior I could not have faced him down again," Naad sighed a bit, and then said in a quiet grudging manner, "for this I thank you," he paused again looking at Shayla, waiting for her to abosorb what he had just told her. It took young ones a long time to wrap thier minds around these things, "Now perhaps you could tell me what fate has befallen my master and his Chosen?"

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-16-2002 12:29 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla pursed her lips, sorting through all that Freedon Naad had just revealed to her. "Young Thea was returned to us via Loban Kenobi, and is now under the teaching of my brother Shawn Petrolu," she started out. "However much has happened in Prinn'chatka since your removal from our party."

With that Shayla began to fill in Naad on all those things. Of Recinis's title as the Dark Lord of the Warriors and his and Graysith's marriage. Of Roan's plot to enhance the ages of the children with the All, of his success with ShaRhylla and of Graysith's visit to Kamino which resulted in the return of the older ShaRhylla along with Galen Danner and the wounded Sorben Tarnus. Of the conflict concerning ShaRhylla and the one who now possessed the body of Darth Wicked, and finally of the disbanding of the Allies. All of it.

And she ended with, "And as for my ability to use the All..." she paused, swallowing to cover any emotion associated with what she was about to say, "Lord Aelvedaar removed that from me," she said quietly. "I don't know that anyone is in Prinn'chatka at the moment, not even Lord Aelvedaar. I am currently seeking Lord Recinis and Graysith and thought she might still be here, but now I think that option can be ruled out.

"I can't say that I know where to go from here though," she admitted. "I don't think they'd return to Khar Delba, and unless they are under a shield with Lord Aelvedaar they must be somewhere else, probably somewhere in the unknown regions."

Shayla's look turned vague and a bit despairing as she waited to see what the Sorceror might have to say in reply.

[ 11-16-2002 12:32 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Freedon Naad

Member # 321

posted 11-16-2002 12:50 AM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"The new lord Recinis would most likely take his bride to a world within the boundry of the former sith empire. It would have to be a large bustling world where there are great palaces and amusments. It would have to be a world not devestated by the war." Naad scowled, "That doesn't narrow it down much, it would have to be an unknown world, a world far away. Perhaps it would be a world none but the elite of the Sith knew existed." Naad grinned and it became apparent that he was close to an ansewer, "there are several locations at which I suggest you look. But first I will require passage to a world wear I could have a body grown for me. I grow tired of controling these forgien hosts."

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-16-2002 02:23 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla pursed her lips. "If you are referring to Kamino, the coordinates to that world are not common knowledge. There are other possible cloning facilities but, so far as I know, Kamino is the best of them."

She paused at that, sorting through any ideas she might have to get them to this world. At length something niggled that might "kill two banthas in one blow," so to speak. Only Shayla didn't know if they should dare. She turned to Freedon Naad.

"Maybe we can contact Aelvedaar and ask him for the Book of Ages," she suggested. "Ankrist Roan is a Sith no longer, so his journey to Kamino would not be in the book. But Lord Recinis's should be. It could be worth the shot, but it'll mean seeking the aid of a Sith Sorceror who might be in the depths of despair..."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-16-2002 02:07 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A very familiar little red star, one that by now was disturbingly familiar for that matter, abruptly popped into view on the forward viewscreen, displacing the smears of starlines as by letting my body relax and by releasing a slow exhalation our weirdly controlled ship was returned to normal space. Too afraid to even shake my head -- ye gods, what would DJ do in response? -- I just stared numbly at that little star as bit by bit it got larger and larger, signalling our rapid approach to our destination.

The view suddenly altered to a systems chart: at its center a red dot glowed steadily, while a single orange blip blinked for attention at some distance away from that red dot. I blinked right back; ok, so here we are in the system, I thought to myself, adding the redundantly obvious: and that orange blip has to be K'eel Doba. Khar Delba is still hidden... somewhere around here....

Carefully keeping my arm parallel to the decking, I brought it forward and touched where the orange blip's smaller counterpart was blinking steadily on the navigation board in front of me. Somewhere deep inside my guts something twisted as DJ altered her position within the three axes of normal space and made a bee-line for the planet I just indicated.

I still hadn't a clue how to land.

Well. She had airfoils, so obviously she was meant to land.

Guess this is where piloting by the seat of my pants comes into play, I thought to myself as the image on the viewscreen reverted back to the space about us... space suddenly being occupied by entirely too much crater-pocked planet. I winced to see how rapidly that planetary disk was filling the screen.

Talk about coming in on a wing and a prayer....

The budding thought that I hadn't a clue where in Hell's Seven Circles Phrinnchatka was immediately evaporated before an even more pressing concern: how to get this baby down safely.

Like I said, seat of my pants....

Malf's crescendoing yowl of concern was lost in the whistle of atmosphere that came from nowhere to blast us, atmosphere which took hold of DJ in its invisible fist and shook her like a nek shakes a bone, angrily, as though frustrated that it couldn't crush us as it so easily did the various and sundry meteoric bits of celestial flotsam striking this planet every day. So it settled for trying to fry us instead; I could literally feel Flac's wide-eyed stare punch twin holes in my back as the temperature began to rise... fast.

"I-- I'm getting this, hang a second, we'll make it..."

I think. Ye gods... I hope....

I altered my stance further, raising my chin, keeping my arms outstretched and even to the decking, keeping my eyes glued to the screen which seemed somehow to tilt in front of me. Then I heaved a sigh of relief as the image of pure plantary surface slowly turned, until the curving limb of the planet was grudgingly revealed against a glittering starfield.

"We're gonna make it!" I crowed as, her former suicidal trajectory softened into the correct landing angle, DJ came roaring into K'eel Doba's deeper atmosphere, a small but discernible shock wave leading the way, trailing fire in her wake. In this attitude we completed several planetary loops, with me raising my chin just a hair's breadth as each loop ended, thus keeping the nose of the ship up and letting the air outside now work to our advantage and slow us down.

Which at length it finally succeeded in doing altogether.

In an almost anti-climatic culmination of the physics of flight in action, proving on an entirely too personal basis that landings are really nothing more than controlled falls, DJ slowed enough to where gravity gained the upper hand and finally yanked her the remainder of the way to the surface.

I said I was getting the hang of flying this thing... key word in that statement being was; Malf and Flac would have fallen to the deck yet again if it were not for their restraining harnesses when, with a thump and a shudder I felt in every cell of my body the ship finally plummetted the last few meters, hit dirt, and silenced herself.

I leapt back from the circular deck plate, connectors dripping away from my body like moss from a tree. After eyeing the innocuous-looking lines and rubbing my arms, I turned to face Flac.

"Well, we're here. K'eel Doba," I finished unnecessarily, and keeping to myself for the moment that I really hadn't a clue as to exactly where upon the planet's dreary surface we in fact were.

[ 11-16-2002 03:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 11-16-2002 04:43 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Taehun began to sprint towards the dim light in his dark path. It had suddenly moved farther away...much too far away. In fact, the light that represented Freedon's essence was actually spinning around Taehun in a very deliberate manner. To say the least, Taehun was baffled.

What the heck is going on here?

He would remain unable to answer his own questions until he returned to K'eel Dolba's physical surface. He hesitated only a moment before diving headlong off of the trail marked with blood.

Before he hit the ground, Taehun's surroundings suddenly brightened back up. He was back on K'eel Dolba's physical surface. Instinctively, Taehun looked up, to see what seemed to be a star moving very quickly in the darkening sky. It could mean only one thing.

A starship? How did that wretched sorcerer escape to a starship?

Suddenly, Taehun felt another disturbance. Even though Freedon was no longer on K'eel Dolba, there was someone else here. Someone had seemed to have just arrived...but who?

Surely this would be one of Freedon's allies...perhaps...perhaps he could prove useful in finding a way to get to the Sith.

Taehun began to run towards the new force signature's direction.

[ 11-16-2002 04:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taehun ]

--------------------

Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 11-16-2002 05:34 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac nodded slowly, taking a deep breath to get his barrings...

"K'eel doba eh? Well, Not every day a guy visits a planet once inhabbited by an ancient civilization of people... I kinda feel humbled by it all..."

he shruged to himself before unbuckling himself to stand and walked to the door hatch...

Before opening the door he paused, turning to galen "errr... Where should we go?"

Hmmm... You had better not run in there half assed buddy, be prepared...

he nodded to himself and walked off to a small panel, which opened at the touch of a button...

Looking over a strange assortment of items he picked up 5 or so little spherical items, and shoved them in a pouch at his waist.

again his eyes roved over the opened panel, before he reached out again and took a little eye patch from the shelf, placing it over his left eye he nodded to himself as he glanced about the room...

He then removed the patch and stuffed it into a pocket, looking over to galen he smiled "stock up now, or we may find ourselves in need later..."

He nodded and headed to the door, not paying attention to anything that malf or galen might, or might not have gotten...

Pressing the button he opened the door and stepped out, examing the surfice with an appraising eye...

"jeezz... Im kinda disapointed, i mean, Ancient sith, and the planet looks like this?"

he shrugged to himself before turning his eyes upon those behind him.

"soo... Err... Which way should we go..."

he looked around, mumbling quietly to himself as he did so, before he pointed in a direction. "lets go tha-"

His words fell short as some strange looking guy ran over a hill, fire in his eyes...

Flac just looked at the guy as a cow looks at an oncomming train, not a hint of anything crossing his features.

"errmmm... You know this guy galen?"

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.102
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-16-2002 08:46 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Do I know who?" I asked, coming up beside Flac with the comforting weight of a heavy duty Imperial blast rifle nestled in my arms. Hey, it might be an oldie, but I've used these before. They've always been good to me....

Then I froze in my tracks when I saw who was hot-footing it over the desolate surface and coming straight on to us like a runaway star destroyer. I blinked; it couldn't be him, it just couldn't--

Desolist was an old guy, an old and decrepit crony of a black-hearted scumbag, and this dude, whoever in Hell's Seven Circles he was, was running too fast and way too gracefully to be him.

Wasn't he?

I shook my head and gripped the rifle more tightly.

"I-- I don't know, Flac. He looks like that old Darth Desolist who Sorban and I had a run-in with almost two years ago, but it can't be him... I thought he got blown up when Ploatius went."

I shook my head again, red flags and warning bells and whistles erupting everywhere, and took another step closer to Flac until I was snugged tightly against his side. Never letting my eyes leave the rapidly approaching stranger, I whispered out of the side of my mouth,

"Do you think it's too late to leave now?"

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.30
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 11-16-2002 11:22 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac's arm unconciously went to his wrist, activating the little energy shield about them both...

His hand slowly strayed to his hip and paused there...Could he take out a darth? force users were generaly morons, but the dark guy's tended to be a bit err... Strong...

He looked down at galen for a moment his head turning in a little shake.

"We can handle this guy... Dont worry about it..."

flac quietly took out the little eye patch, and pressed it to his eye for a moment, before replacing it in his pocket...

5 minutes... I got time.

Without another word flac entered the ship once more, and a moment letter exited, holding in his hands a small poll, Which he jammed into the ground, flicking a switch the thing started to vibrate, and then suddenly fell silent.

He leaned down to whisper in galens ear. "Stay close..."

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.5
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 11-17-2002 12:44 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Taehun began to walk slowly as he neared the craft. As he approached the ship, he gave it a sidelong glance, and for some reason, the ship seemed to be incredibly familiar. It was as if the remnant of Desolists force essence, which had occupied this body not long ago, recognized the ship.

Without reason, Taehun immediately decided that he would not attack the ship outright. He needed a way to find Freedon, and for some strange reason, he felt it wouldn't do to immediately destroy the two life forms he sensed were onboard. Taehun gritted his teeth...even though he was a dark jedi, he was very violent in nature, and preferred an overt conflict over treachery.

In a gesture of peace, Taehun slowly lifted both his hands up, and stopped walking.

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-17-2002 02:07 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A veritable army of geese began marching up and down my spine with their icy cold little feet, all rhythmically stamping away in unified cadence to the rising chorus of warning bells and whistles that accompanied them. Although I was snugged up against Flac's side, I managed somehow to sidle closer.

"I have a bad feeling about this," I breathed through my clenched teeth, not daring to move my lips lest this stranger would read them, if indeed he could.

Which I somehow had a feeling that he could.

I just gripped the blaster more tightly, one finger reaching out smoothly to flip off the safety, and brought its ravening maw down a bit more in line with the stranger's face. Then I merely waited to see what this darkly forboding person had to say for himself.

It just wasn't everyday one ran up against newcomers parading around the desolate surface of K'eel Doba, especially not ones whose entire demeanor was so obviously dark.

The uncomfortable memory of who else was lurking somewhere on this miserable ball of rock rose up insidiously within me at that thought, and the army of geese went into double-time....

[ 11-17-2002 02:11 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 11-18-2002 12:35 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The two people that Taehun saw looked incredibly familiar, but he could not pinpoint just who they were. Evidently Desolist had met them in his past, before his death. Taehun felt both frustrated and unsettled by the fact that he couldn't recognize either person.

Unfortunately for Taehun, both of them were waiting for him to say the first word, or to make the first move. Taehun was hoping they would do the same. Evidently their previous meeting with Desolist had not gone too well, for the demeanor on their faces looked grim and cautious. Taehun's instinct was to just decapitate them both and be done with it.

Surprisingly, he held back that instinct. Taehun put forth a great effort into brightening his expression, and saying these words:

"Greetings! It's quite a relief that someone has actually come to this planet. I was just recently marooned on this wretched planet, and was about to give up all hope until you came!"

Lying was not one of Taehun's fortes, and he knew it. Hopefully, these people would not notice anything.

Taehun looked at their faces, hoping to see some sort of positive response.

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-18-2002 01:07 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The icy cold little geese-feeties abruptly left my spine. Not that I was comforted in any manner by the nearly unbelievable words that tripped forth from those deceptive lips... I think they just recognized the inherent danger of the situation and skedaddled for the hills.

I gulped, a finger reaching down quietly to curl against the trigger of the blaster, but managed the strength to keep my eyes glued into the golden orbs of who appeared to be a strangely youthful Darth Desolist. Beside me I could feel Flac tense as well.

Sheesh, Force user or no, this guy ought to just emblazon "I AM LYING THROUGH MY TEETH" across his forehead.

I didn't dare move, scarcely dared to think. All I could do was just stand there like a big ol gandy-rak in headlights, stuck in a stalemated stare with this guy. It was almost as if any sort of movement on anyone's part, and blasters and lightsabers would come swinging into play. And Khaandon only knew who would be left for dead.

Well it sure as there's Treasure on Roon ain't gonna be ME!

The sudden thought of my little daughter held in the claws of another dark piece of slime came slamming home once again, and quite suddenly Desolist didn't seem to be quite the threat I feared. Well, comparatively speaking, of course; but that comparison was enough to loosen my tongue.

"So what exactly is it you expect from us?" I growled, my grip tightening a bit more on the old Impy blaster rifle. Then, Khaandon preserve me but I actually took a step forward, forcing myself to scowl and look as formidable as I could, uncomfortably aware of the fact that this guy was probably laughing in his black boots at my effort.

What the hey. I had to at least try.

[ 11-18-2002 01:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.5
Freedon Naad

Member # 321

posted 11-18-2002 05:51 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Naad frownd, he didn't like admiting when he did not have a solution to a problem or the ansewer to a question. Unfortunatly there were times in everyone's life when they were ignorant, even those as venerable and wise as himself. Error lay with those who fiegned knowledge when they did not posses it. Naad sighed as he spoke, "I fear I can not feel my Lord's presence on this world. It would apear that he has departed, unless of course he has hidden himself behind one of his barriers. I can not fathom any manner by which we can reach him, short of combing the planet that is. perhaps there is one of the others who would know of his where abouts. His Chosen Daughter for example."

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-18-2002 05:58 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla pursed her lips in thought.

Graysith would know where Aelvedaar was, but this wasn't helpful considering Shayla didn't know where SHE was either.

An idea came to Shayla's mind, but she didn't know if it would work. "There used to be a signal coming from Prinn'chatka via which you could send a request to land in the spaceport to Aelvedaar. I don't know if it is there or not now since as I last was aware Prinn'chatka was not covered by a shield.

Either we can seek the signal or we can find another cloning facility.

Or we can proceed to find Graysith."

At that she waited to see what else Naad may say.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Freedon Naad

Member # 321

posted 11-18-2002 06:02 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He was assured a new body now, it didn't matter when. Only fools felt a sense of urgency about things that were assured to them, there was no need to rush. He was after all her geust, perhaps he ought to act like it. Yes, he decided, he would be kind for now, "I'll leave the choice to you," he said, "this is your vessel and I a greatful to be aboard."

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05