my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The end of the hunt (Page 8)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The end of the hunt
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 12-10-2002 11:44 AM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow JhinDarra and my ever-lurking presence to Knight Takes Queen, Check thread in "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

[ 12-10-2002 11:46 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-10-2002 12:34 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I froze where I was, still held up in Flac's arms, and stared at Terrin, who so casually stood back inquiring about life form readings.

Images rose instinctively in my head, fighting with each other... I worked my mouth a little bit, and just sent The Look briefly flashing toward Terrin before fisting my hand and knocking it against Flac's shoulder.

"You can put me down now, " I reminded him, letting a small grunt escape from my lips as he complied and now set me down on the stone floor of this temple. For a moment the four of us merely eyed each other. Then I broke into the impending conversation.

"I already checked. There are no life forms registering here. But I'm still going to check things out."

Now I turned back to this young and stalwart... halfling??? and let my gaze rake up and down his lithe and sturdy frame. I chewed my lip a little in consideration before going on.

"OK kid, whatever your name is, like I said, you found me. I don't know what it is exactly you had in mind to do with me in that event, but all I can say is this."

I rose up on tiptoe, fisting a hand and raising it up into his face. My index finger shot upright, and I shook it at him.

"Sith Temples be damned! Don't you even THINK of slowing me down."

With that I nodded, turned, and before anyone could say or do more headed on back in the direction I had begun taking earlier, my blaster held firmly in my grasp, my eyes everywhere. My footsteps echoed hollowly and somehow... evilly off the stones from which this place was made, sounding somehow malevolent there in the gloom. With each step I took, stopping to peer into this room or that, the hairs on my neck coiled tighter and tighter until the felt as though they would tear themselves from my skin altogether. My gut felt as if there was a massive stone centered smack in the middle of it, one which grew larger and larger as I tiptoed along, ignoring completely whether or not anyone else was following me. My heart was hanging somewhere in the vicinity of my epiglottis, beating as though to drown out the sound of my aforementioned footsteps....

I came to a peculiar door and stopped. Unlike the others I had passed, this one was not massive and encrypted with runes and heiroglyphs. Instead it was fairly simple, being constructed of wood which glistened darkly from age, it's surface banded by two metal strips and covered with rounded studs.

Something niggled at me to open that door.

You'd really think I'd learn, wouldn't ya....

I poked the tip of my blaster against the wood, and the door creaked surprisingly open. Cautiously I followed my blaster into the entrance, sticking my head in to take a quick look around...

Within the horrendously red-lit interior: smashed glassware and crumpled metal and broken cybernetics and ravished bodies...

...and boiling up from that awful sight, something big and black and indescribable and cold...

...oh so very cold as it came up from nowhere and wrapped around me and yanked me somehow from where I was and took me somewhere...

...then came along by itself for the ride, leaving only my blaster to clatter to the floor, unimpeded.

((OOC: Follow me into The Darker Side of Midnight in this forum, thank you.

[ 12-10-2002 12:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 12-10-2002 01:16 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin didn't pay any heed to the others who were standing about, waiting for someone, ANYONE, to do something as Galen trudged off so tough on her own.

The look in her eye...

Something in him was at the point of simply cracking. He whirled, his blaster ready, and took off after her in much the same manner that he had in Prinn'chatka, something dark and odious seeming to creep up and down his spine as he did so.

They needed to get out of here...

...something was just...

...wrong...

He followed Galen's ringing footsteps, trying his damnedest to catch up with her, inexplicably horrified that she was heading into some sort of trouble...

...and at length heard the creak of a door. His footsteps only lengthened and sped up, and the feeling of his hair standing on end started to again take hold...

Boldy he stepped in, and made it there just in time to see Galen's blaster clatter to the floor.

"Galen!" he couldn't help but yell, no matter whether it would help or not, a lump of something that was akin to nothing other than complete fear and horror rising up in him. "GALEN!!!!" he cried again, something in him literally beginning to shake and crack...

[ 12-10-2002 01:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.136
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 12-10-2002 11:24 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac took a deep breath, sprinting after her, pushing into the room to stand beside terrin, as the man stared at a blaster as though it were a broken child...

Quite suddenly Flac's head began to spin...
Dagnabbit.... Youve been here as long as her... Whatever got her... wants you now dont it buddy? Well... You did say you'd help get darra back, even if it killed you

Taking a deep breath he strode forward into the den of this beast, which he challanged with unmatchable defiance, strolling boldly into the center of the room... With all the gusto, and false confedience, it ended up not mattering as he felt his loungs litteraly compressed beneath the painfull touch of... something

Had he any oxygen left, he at that moment would have screamed for all his worth, but he couldnt, he simple gasped as a darkness he'd never seen before wrapped about him, actauly slamming him against a wall to end what little struggling he managed, before dragging him away into the depths of something

he was briefly aware of a strange feeling not quite like life, before he completly fell unconcious, his last true sight was galen staring down at him for a moment before glancing away at something else...

--------------------

"Faster then a jedi pulls a rabit out of his hat"
---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.241
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 12-10-2002 11:36 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: please follow flac to "the darker side of midnight" in this forum, thank you.))

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.160
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-11-2002 12:31 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin wasn't really seeing anything much at the moment besides the image of a blaster minus its owner, an owner that could suddenly and quite literally be anywhere...

A tingle of something shot up and down his spine and throughout his body. He couldn't get to her, he didn't know where she'd gone...

In the midst of his whirling thoughts, a lightbulb clicked.

Where, where was that kid?

Forcing his feet to move, he turned on his heel and didn't have to go very far before he ran smack into Jharu. Nevermind the kid might not have even figured out what the hell had happened yet; Terrin grabbed a fistful of his flightsuit and shook him a bit. "She's gone, GONE! Just up and disappeared..." he said loudly then trailed, fear for her safety as well as something else flashing in his eyes. "Do something, now, or find someone who can!" he insisted, the look in his eye leaving no room for argument.

Then he paused, taking a moment to catch his breath. "I'm not leaving here without her..."

[ 12-11-2002 12:33 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.136
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 12-11-2002 12:58 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu took a deep breath, rising a hand to pull terrins way from his suit. "i warned them... I warned you as well... This place does not appriciate non sith... I too could be in very real danger... Though i dont think the degree that you and the others are..."

He sighed and looked into terrins eyes, a slight bit of softness rising in his eyes. "im sorry uncle terrin... Im really sorry... I... I dont know what to do..."

Jharu took one more deep breath and closed his eyes... Allowing his feelings to guide him... He could feel it... The magick... It wanted to rid itself of the intruders... he felt the magick swirl about him for a moment and then disregard him... He could also feel it flowing about...terrin.

His eyes snapped open "UNCLE TERRIN! its going to get you next!"

He looked around quickly, suddenly realizing exactly where he was... The death... It was all over...

He shivered slightly...

Why do i feel this way? i feel cold... Death... NO! NO MORE DEATH! Aunt galen? where are you?!

he closed his eyes, he had to do something! he had to help them... he had...

He shuddered suddenly, falling to his knees... his lounges expanded suddenly as he found it encrediably difficult to find air... something within him wished to help him... It was as if it took hold of the magicks and forced them to take hold of him, forced them to deny his sith heritage, and grant him his desire, to go to the aid of his aunt... his last thought before he felt that strange force die out within him was a message... to the one person he loved more then life itself...
Mother... Aunt galen is in trouble... Im going...

It was then that he vanished from that realm, and with another great inhalation his eye snapped open to view two people, taking delight in something, it was strange, he felt somewhat akin to the woman...

His head turned slowly, his eyes widening as he saw his aunt galen and that man shuddering beneath something unseen...

His eyes snapped back to the two beings who seemed to take pleasure in this, strangly enough, they had not noticed him yet, to caught up were they in the pain he saw...

"NOO!! AUNT GALEN!"

the cry ripped from his throat at the same time he felt another thing rising up within him once more, he shivered as both escaped him, flying towards the two being's that he felt only hatred for...Beings who could actauly delight in others pain...Monsters...

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.160
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-11-2002 01:45 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow Jharu into The Darker Side of Midnight in this forum, thank you.))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-11-2002 12:19 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a long moment it didn't even register in Terrin's brain that Jharu had now been taken as well. It was if time was frozen; as if his very soul had been frozen. But then, that ever-lurking chill of death was still swirling about him, seeking to do something to him. Goose pimples started to rise on his skin; something dark and deadly was in the air...

...and it had them. It had them all. Except it didn't have him.

At least, not yet.

Balling his one free fist til it quite nearly shook while the other simply tightened about his blaster, anger and rage and something else entirely welled up inside Terrin and demanded that he do something, anything to stop this. He yelled out into the evil dimness surrounding him.

"You don't even have the NERVE to take us all!" he seethed, clenching his fist only tighter, flashes of memories--of Galen and Darra being ripped away from him, time after time, by something totally unseen--playing across his mind's eye. "TAKE ME, DAMMIT, AND LEAVE THEM THE HELL ALONE!"

At that he quieted, a fire in eyes born of nothing other than love and righteous anger. Terrin literally shook under the weight of it...

...and waited. All the while the evil in the air seemed to creep about him, his skin beginning to chill to the temperature of ice...

...and then that ice seemed to simply freeze about him, taking him in a deadly and unseen grasp...

(((OCC: Follow Terrin to The Darker Side of Midnight. Thank you.)))

[ 12-11-2002 02:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05