my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The end of the hunt (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The end of the hunt
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 12-01-2002 09:57 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu just stared at the sight of both his unmoving parants... Each of them incredibly still...

What was happening? was... This death? Was that what dying looked like...

His eyes strayed downward to look at the blade strapped to his side...

He wanted to be a warrior? he had dreamed of adventure... death was a part of a warriors duties... his father had told him that, he had not lied to him... But not untill this moment did he truly understand what that meant...

He felt a sharp pain in his breast and he gasped for breath, a single tear falling from his eyes, he fell to his knee's, ignoring the sharp pain which occured from the sudden drop to the ground...

Why... Why?
WHy did he hurt?

Why did they leave him?

he sobed slowly, looking down and noting the drying blood on his hands... The cost of takign up the sword... It had pierced him...

At that moment he was ready to discard the blade and destroy it, yet he didnt have the strength to do so... Death... He never wanted to see it again...

He shuddered once more and curled into a ball, feeling suddenly cold and alone...

he simply continued to call blankly... "mommy... Momm...mommy dont go... Mommy... I miss you mommy...

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.157
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 12-01-2002 11:49 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This-- this...

It is too painful to bear.

THIS is what has come of my arrogance, of my great self-delusions that I would be so powerful as to bring back our civilization... this.

The death of the One I have chosen... and the One I shall love with all my heart until I die. The release of that Great and Awesome power... into the hands of something which is no longer truly of mortal flesh or considerations.

And now... and now, my Brother too would lay down his life... and what is to become of the child?

That thought arrows through my misery, and sends me turning back to Recinis. I kneel beside him, reaching down to shake the Great Dark Lord even as he lies next to the cooling body of his wife.

My teeth clench so hard one breaks. I swallow the sharp shards, somehow relishing the pain as they scrape down my throat. Not a flagellate's self-mutilation, but it well fits the mood.

"Recinis, I say, my voice heavy and shaking. "It is of no use; come back to us, come back to your son. What shall become of him if you let yourself go? You cannot allow yourself the luxury of death; you must be strong enough to live.

"To live for him. He needs you, Brother; as do I. Come back to us...."

I fall into silence, my gaze moving back and forth between the sorrowful young Sith lord and his too-quiet father, still avoiding the other form which lays so silent before us.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 12-01-2002 11:59 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis continued to look at the shimmering spirit of his wife... All the while feeling dread rise within him... Would she return? could she return?

He sighed as he felt all his memories rise within him... on his arm his mark, which simbolized both his title as dark lord and his eternal vow to his love, throbbed gently, and he indeed knew...

He and her were as one... bound by unbreakable love... Where she went... He could not help but follow... And indeed, was prepared for with all his heart for those sacrifices...

He stood silently, completly prepared for the death that he would share with the one being he could ever devot himself to completly...

When he felt something reach out to him... He could not make out anything in particular, he simply felt a call... Untill of course he heard the words. "come back to your son"

He nodded to himself... and once more looked at the shimering spirit that he knew he could no longer share life with...

He wrapped his arms about her and whispered his last words to her. "I will never forget my vows to you... I will be by your side again... I will assure that our son grows strong, and wise..."

With that his body lurched and he awoke suddenly, tears falling from his eyes freely...

he looked at his brother for a moment and nodded, before leaning down and scooping up his son...

He handed his son momentairly to his brother, before scooping up his fallen wife and then took both in his arms.

"Brother... take me now to Koris'san... And then we must find where Mr. Danner has gone off to... I will not lose another life this day..."

fell silent, closing his eyes, to prevent the tears from flooding the room and pulling him away.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.54
The Elresar

Broken Back Button

Member # 356

posted 12-02-2002 12:21 AM     Profile for The Elresar   Author's Homepage   Email The Elresar     Edit/Delete Post
Within him... I sense pain... pain is within the spirit...

Death... A dark essence indeed... usualy an invincible thing the soul is... No... Death is the swifts blade...

Hard to find, a strength from death such as that lost by this child... Though indeed a strength will be found...

Chosen he has... No longer the will of the warrior does he desire... Yet in doing so... Closer to worthy does he become... possibility indeed is endless... This one could indeed come to know my blade as a tool to assist...

3 has he felt.. Bravery... sadness... Love...

Yet my blade is unlocked with more then 3... more keyes must be placed within the heart...

[ 12-02-2002 12:22 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Elresar ]

--------------------

"My Edge cuts more then flesh, i rend the very fabric of space and time."

Posts: 12 | From: Legends | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.54
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-02-2002 12:22 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Continues from They Whom Pursue Perfection in the Complete Star Wars Universe.)))

The Allegiant popped out from hyperspace, and Shayla established orbit around K'eel Doba, turning to her husband who was sitting at the controls, her look darkening as a sense of unease filled her. "Something is very wrong here," she said. "Scan the planet for lifeforms and the area for ships.

Erik complied, and went to work. He looked up then, a bit of concern now lacing his own features. "That ship we encountered...is now orbitting the planet. And K'eel Doba itself..." he paused, not quite certain of the readings he was getting, "there's more life down there than there should be."

With that he fell silent, and Shayla's look darkened further. Those Sith demons, had to be.

But there seemed to be something else chewing at the corners of Shayla's psyche, something that was growing with each passing moment.

"I don't know what that guy who went aboard that ship wants here on K'eel Doba," Shayla said frowning. Then, "Try sending a message via the slight signal out of Prinn'chatka that we would like to land. Be certain to identify us as well."

With that she fell silent as Erik sent the message along a very faint signal, then he turned to her as if to question what to do next.

"While you are at it..." she said, "Send a message off to that ship as well..."

[ 12-02-2002 01:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.36
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-02-2002 01:55 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow my spirit as it travels into The Darker Side Of Midnight in this forum, thank you.))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-02-2002 12:43 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I about fell out of my seat as Flac's unexpected transmission burst into life within the confines of my wonderful little fighter, the Sith log I had been painstakingly going through flying out of my lap to land on the deck with a resounding thud. Quickly assuming my former self-control, I leaned forward and flipped on the forward viewscreen, to reveal the image of DJ soaring up from the surface of K'eel Doba.

So, Flac figured out how to get her configured for a guy, ey? I grinned, now reaching to the communications section and letting my fingers dance upon the glyphs and sigils there. Moments later and I had a channel open; the grin on my face spread out into a big ol smile, teeth gleaming, as I imagined the shock which was probably coursing through Flac right about now.

These Sith ships, ya gotta love 'em, I couldn't help but gloat a bit. For although to Flac I was nowhere to be found, in all actuality he all but careened into my direct line of orbit when he popped off the planet's surface. That's just how insidious these little fighters were, how well those light-bending devices worked. And how, after all, did any form of probe or sensor known to man operate than by sensing electromagnetically? The visible spectrum wasn't the only form of "light" which existed....

"Hey there, Flac!" I smiled. "Glad to see you got DJ up and running fully! I'm right above you... actually, here...."

With that I reached to my belt and disengaged the strange light-bending device. To Flac, and indeed anyone else who might be in the vicinity and sensing, I would have quite suddenly and from simply nowhere popped into "view."

"There," I finished a bit smugly, nodding with satisfaction before continuing.

"Hey, good news... I think. There's some sort of Temple to some... some thing called a 'S'slan,' whatever the hell that is. Seems there is such a temple built to this S'slan on every planet holding a Great Temple; I've orbited and run a sensor sweep at the coordinates this log is showing me, and guess what I found there, buddy? You got it... a big fat ol nothing, and I do mean that literally.

"I think that's where Roan is hiding, under that weird nothing; it's like what got put up in Khar Delba, but hey, we can orbit again and brainstorm. I'll send you the coordinates, here ya go...."

I proceeded to do just that, then settled in my seat again while I waited to see what it was that Flac wanted. Come to think of it now, that transmission had certain aspects of... desperation about it....

[ 12-07-2002 01:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-02-2002 01:38 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For what seemed like an eternity Shayla continued to wait for a reply of any kind as meanwhile Erik continued to play with the controls. She was only jarred from her slowly darkening thoughts with a sudden exclamation from Erik.

"Hey! There's a weird lil ship out there near the other one, and it looks like one of those Sith ones," he started. Then, "I have a general comm frequency set to send a message to the one, shall I address the other?" he queried.

Shayla nodded dully, not liking the upwelling of something vague and painful that was beginning to fill her very soul.

Something just wasn't...right.

Suddenly she extended her right hand and stopped Erik from reaching the comm switch.

"We're going down into Prinn'chatka now," she said, her eyes still distant. And with no further word, paying no heed to any objections which Erik might have placed, Shayla proceeded to guide the Allegiant down to the spaceport, her thoughts disturbed by something ominous that pulled her along in its wake.

Standing inside a strangely empty spaceport, Shayla simply scanned the dull horizon of K'eel Doba, her heart somewhere in the vicinity of her throat as she realized the appearances of things.

No one was here. The warship was not here. The Chosen One was not here...

...but then, why was she being drawn here regardless of appearances?

At that thought she stretched out with her senses, seeking life, which she found. But there was something else as well...

Shayla gulped back any rising worry, and made up her mind. She turned to Erik, who was looking just a bit more than hesitant.

"Have I mentioned I have a bad feeling every time we come to this planet?" he asked as if to joke. But his look indicated anything but.

Shayla drew her--rather, Erik's lightsaber--and responded, "You're not the only one who feels this way. Even so, we're going in. I could be mistaken, but I sense Lord Aelvedaar here, and perhaps Lord Recinis as well.

And what else I sense..."

She paused, her greeny-blue eyes turning distant, "I'd prefer not to state," she finished.

Then, "We should, however, be cautious, considering how the city was the last time we were all here. Maybe..."

Shayla paused again, reaching out with her Force-senses towards Lord Aelvedaar and praying to all the gods for a response. She knew she didn't have a need to identify herself, for certainly the Sorceror would recognize her essence through the All.

I seek Graysith... she thought out, her determination yet laced with a strange emptiness she couldn't bear to face.

[ 12-02-2002 01:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.36
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 12-02-2002 01:58 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I pause, literally on the threshold of the portal I have opened through the All, that the Dark Lord of the Warrior might return to his world with his son and his... wife. Something unexpected in this time of far too many unexpected things is occurring; someone is reaching out, the strength small and niggling yet insistent and persistant as well.

My eyes widen in further shock.

It is the Adept. The one... She had chosen, even as I did her. The one I flung from this place, the one I thought would be crawling back to whatever former life she had possessed....

The one about whom I apparently had been wrong regarding perhaps a great many things. And so I reach a clawed hand out to my Brother, taking him lightly yet firmly by his shoulder. He does not turn about, his head bowed with grief for the burden he carries, but does stop for a moment at my touch.

"It-- it is the Adept, the one called Shayla," I state simply. "She has come back here...

"She-- she has a right to know."

The grief-stricken Lord simply nods in reply; it is all I can bear to watch how his hold tightens upon the form of his wife, how he draws her up to his lips, as though to breathe back into her body the life I could not save.

No more time will be wasted, that I vow. With no preamble I reach forth a clawed hand, and quite simply yank the Adept of my Chosen One, along with her companion, through a quickly formed portal in the All. I will have no one else threatened by the demons here in his -- or her -- attempt to reach me.

The tragedy, as my brother has stated, shall not be repeated. That at least is something I can do.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-02-2002 02:28 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The rapidity with which she and Erik were taken and moved by the Sith Sorceror didn't shock Shayla all that much. What did take her by surprise, however, was the sight she found herself beholding in the dim room she and Erik now found themselves.

But then, perhaps it wasn't too surprising after all. Somehow she had known, dear gods, she had known...

For there, in what appeared to be the very sanctum of the Sorceror, stood Lord Aelvedaar, a young Sith boy Shayla recognized by something other than sight, and...

...and...

Shayla's knees nearly buckled from underneath her as she took in the sight of Lord Recinis with a very limp, and very lifeless Graysith cradled in his arms. Sensing Shayla's distress at this, Erik stood behind her and supported her with his strong arms, but all she had eyes for was the sight before her. After a long moment she closed her eyes, forcing the lids down as tears began to roll unimpeded down her cheeks. She began to shake her head, words coming from her throat that were only marred by the lump in there, total denial rising up as she stretched out for a link she simply refused to let go.

"This...this cannot happen. She can't...she CAN'T be gone..."

Shayla trailed, and sobs wracked her small form as she sought for anything and everything she had within her to stop this thing which with every passing moment was demanding to be acknowledged as reality. At length her tears ceased falling, however, and cloudy greeny-blue eyes opened in a strange sort of lucidity as ideas fueled by none other than complete refusal to fail began to form in her mind.

She turned to the despairing molten eyes of Lord Aelvedaar, steeling herself for any reaction he might have to her next words. "There must be something we can do," she insisted, her voice shaking with despair. "The very fate of the Sith...of the Universe relies on her life. And..."

Shayla paused, her eyes now shifting to Graysith's form once more, again filling with tears. "She is the only sister I have ever known..."

Again, Shayla's words trailed, and again she collected her nerve and looked to the Sorceror once more. "Perhaps we can clone her, or perhaps..." She fell silent, looking at the red-skinned Sith quietly before she stated her final thought. "You reached out from another time to bring yourself to Graysith..." Shayla started, the wheels in her brain spinning at full-speed, "Cannot you reach back in time and bring her to us?

"Please..." Shayla plead, her voice trailing once more as she simply fell into silence and waited for the Sorceror's reply.

[ 12-03-2002 11:10 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 12-02-2002 02:57 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My expression remains inscrutable as I ponder the words with which this young Adept pleads. Indeed did I reach forward with the All, to plant its prototype within my Chosen and in the doing, choosing her. Indeed, had I myself been brought forward to this time, by the actions of my Chosen One...

...brought forward although I myself had died 4,000 years ago at the hands of the Dark Jedi.

I blink now in consideration. The timeline is not a thing to be meddled with lightly; indeed, unbeknownst to all I myself had attempted to bring back Lord Rean after I had been made aware of his untimely demise. And in that attempt I had failed completely.

Who was to assure such an attempt would now succeed?

But then-- I pause to consider further. There is discrepency here, and once which must be resolved for there is indeed much more than a mere life at stake, as this Adept so cunningly points out to me.

Why indeed, did I fail in bringing back Rean, while my Chosen One, so young to her powers, indeed, not even in full possession of them, had succeeded in bringing me forward to this time? Was this as well in the hands of the All, that great balancer of the Universe and life and death and all that is or ever was?

I am not that pretentious. Why was it that my being here, in this time, was of that great a need that Jharmeen Jhin'Dar had succeeded in a task I later could not replicate? Could it be perhaps simply for this very moment?

A moment whose events preceding it I indeed had brought into effect... but perhaps a moment which may have occurred nonetheless?

I do not take the time to bother which such conundrums. I blink again, my grip tightening upon Lord Recinis's shoulder.

"Time is not easily meddled with, nor is this attempt to be lightly accomplished, if at all, Shayla Petrolu," I begin solemnly. I purse my lips against the rising pain I see in her eyes... pain mixed with...

Anger. She blames me, I realize. And I have at least the honor to not even attempt denying that I fully deserve her wrath.

"I-- I do not believe I can actually bring her here. From whence shall I take her? At what point would the timeline be least impacted--?"

Yet even as I speak, I know the answer. I know this Adept is somehow on the right track... as well I know it is not up to me to decide whether or not I shall fail in this as I have before. That is out of my hands; failure now would be in not attempting this thing at all.

"Come, we must hurry," I say enigmatically, grasping Lord Recinis and whirling him about to take the Chosen One from his arms. Hurriedly then, I return her to the table which had become her bier; drawing in a deep breath, I turn back to the others, now taking Recinis by one hand and the Adept by another. Ignoring any words they might utter or hesitation they might instinctively react with, I take them before the Great Octahedron, this mystical device I have brought here from the Temple in Khar Delba, the very one which Graysith invoked when she brought me forward in time over a span of 4,000 years.

My grip tightens on them both, then loosens.

"I will not attempt to bring her back, for there was no clean-cut severance of life in her death," I press upon them, now raising a hand against their rising protests.

"What I can try, however, is to send you two back, send you back to that point which was the nexus. Her life or death will hinge upon whether or not you can alter the course of events; it is by your combined strengths that she will live if she does so at all.

"And remember," I conclude. "If this succeeds, and if you are successful, having lived these events you shall know everything which has occurred. She, of course, will not.

"I will keep the shield immediately without my door dropped, that you may return with all due haste, but it shall be maintained otherwise about my Sanctum that the demon horde may not easily creep within."

I fall silent with those words, nodding when I see the answer in their eyes. I ignore the cries of the young man who has come with the Adept. With no further ado, I close my own eyes, reaching out one hand toward the Octahedron, the palm of it laying millimeters from its actual surface. The other hand reaches out to Recinis and Shayla, index and smallest digits extended loosely, like horns, the other two curled beneath the palm to connect with my thumb.

Something responds... something leaps forth from the very essence from which the Octrahedron takes its existence, something powerful and unstoppable and greeny golden, which flows from it through my one hand, courses along my body, and then wraps the pair in threads of pure timelessness.

They disappear from sight... taken back to that moment in time, just prior to whenever and wherever it was the demons first sprang from nowhere to lay their foul claws and fangs upon her flesh...

...while I turn to that cold remnant laying upon the table, to wait and see, my heart pounding, if this effort will prove to be a successful one or not.

[ 12-02-2002 05:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-02-2002 03:51 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's essence suddenly simply appeared in the great corridors of the Sith Temple to behold the sight of Graysith and Lord Recinis, along with the boy that Shayla knew could be none other than their son in Graysith's arms as Lord Recinis himself stood slaying demons with his own sword.

Recognition dawned in Graysith's eyes as she looked in startlement to Shayla. She opened her mouth to query something even as Shayla opened herself to the Force, activating the blade of her husband's lightsaber in tandem. She expanded her sphere of influence just as far as it would go as answered Graysith's unasked question simply. "Call my appearance the will of the All," she said, not divulging any further as she noted something, or rather someone heading this way, somewhere on the outskirts of the Temple at this point. "And by the way, you might want to know that Terrin Danner appears to be heading this way, and he's headed for a pack of demons as well," she commented.

Then, with no further words Shayla took the lightsaber in her hands and let the Force guide it, seeing things before they happened, seeing Sith demons just a milisecond before they appeared.

But then, that was all she needed to kill them. Shawn would have been proud...

Continuing to slay every shadow that dared near them, Shayla was keenly aware that every moment counted, that every demon dead was one less to worry about.

And that the very fate of the one sister she would ever have was at stake.

"Call it a hunch," Shayla interjected, "But we might want to grab Terrin and get to Lord Aelvedaar as quickly as possible, no matter what it takes..."

Her words trailed as something within her ached to do something more than what she was even now to protect them all, something that she simply couldn't due to a blockage she yet possessed. So she remained alert, lightsaber ready, continuing to kill every shadow that crossed their path.

[ 12-02-2002 04:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-03-2002 06:50 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Come," she said, ignoring the fatigue the act of killing the group of demons had caused her but simply turned from Recinis to hurry ahead, leading her husband and her son deeper and deeper into the recesses of the great Sith Temple of the Sorcerers. "Lord Aelvedaar is this way."

She spoke nothing further but continued ahead, letting the All guide her as she used to, winding through corridors and passageways, up stairs both ornate and secretive, until at length she came into a deeply hidden part of the temple which she found to be very familiar indeed. She let out an unconscious sigh of relief, hastened around a corner...

Where much to her surprise there stood the one she had chosen as her adept, Shayla Stargazer Petrolu. She blinked, completely taken offguard by finding her here so unexpectedly... but before she could put words to the multitude of questions tumbling about her head she was cut short.

"Call my presence here the will of the All," Shayla said sardonically, then drew her lightsaber in a movement as quick as her appearance there in the corridor of the Temple. It slashed down and around, removing a demonic head from its body in one smooth move. Her head jerked over her shoulder, even as she drew back for another blow.

"Call it a hunch," Shayla interjected, "But we might want to grab Terrin and get to Lord Aelvedaar as quickly as possible, no matter what it takes..."

Graysith nodded, her hand flailing out to lash out at yet another demon who was heading for Jharu.

"I shall go," she said quickly. 'You remain together, and fight off this horde; I am well-equipped to protect myself and Captain Danner as well, once I find him.

"I shall meet you outside Lord Aelvedaar's chambers; they are down that corridor."

She stopped long enough to point into the shadows, then turned. And because she chose that very moment to turn away and retrace her steps, the demon who was unravelling itself from the shadows over her head entirely missed her, his grasping claws slicing through empty air in lieu of her flesh, his long and lashing tail stabbing and imbedding itself into the cold stones of the floor of the corridor instead.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 12-03-2002 07:17 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Jharmeen turned away recinis swoung his blade in preperation, killing the demon while still stunned from the failure of its attack...

Recinis took but a second to view his wife... No longer dead...

No... no chances would be taken... While he held no doubts in her strength's, and was sure she could handle anything that came her way... He could not bare to lose her again...

He shook his head slowly, he placed a hand on Jharmeens shoulder before speaking "The demons are dangerious, we must travel together..."

Without waiting for a reply he ran off with the others in tow...

Soon they had caught up to Terrin and he merly nodded at the man, putting his blade to work in fighting off a few demons that had been persuing the man...

Pressing hard he slammed one of the demons into the wall with enough force to stunn it for hopefully a long period of time...

Without waiting a moment longer he ushered them away, huridly heading to the place where they would find safty...

He stayed within the back of the group, turning now and again to fend of a demon, fighting with the silent knowledge of what it meant to fail... What he would be forced to lose... He would not fail... No, not again...

Finaly they were within sight of thier destination...

As they crossed through a small doorway, recinis closed the door, emplacing upon it the locking mechenizm after assuring that no demons were to be found within...

Recinis just nodded. "and now... Let us go and find Lord Aelvedaar..."

with that they made haste onwards.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.18
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-03-2002 11:14 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla couldn't believe Lord Recinis was being so calm about this. She, for one, was feeling anything but that. She was still tense, her greeny-blue eyes flying everywhere at once as if she expected a demon to jump out of nowhere...

...like the one in the hallway had done.

She let out a little shudder at that, then her demeanor turned deadly calm once more. Her lightsaber still ignited in her hand, she simply let her instincts take the upper hand, Lord Recinis's words prompting her to grab one of Graysith's hands in her own. Then, making as much haste as possible, she traveled onward towards that place where she knew Lord Aelvedaar was waiting, her grip upon Graysith's hand tightning a fraction as though Shayla were trying to make certain that Graysith was really with her. The others followed behind in their wake, Lord Recinis certainly still as alert as she herself was, still in fear of the Sith demons which would be the subject of all their nightmares for some time whether they were truly there or not. But they only took a few paces when they finally reached the waiting forms of her own husband and Lord Aelvedaar.

Shayla extinguished the blade of the lightsaber and let all the emotions that she had been keeping to herself til now have free reign, unable to stop herself. Inexplicably she turned to the wide violet eyes of Graysith and, tears filling her own eyes despite her best efforts to keep them at bay, threw her arms about the Chosen Daughter, her friend...

...and her sister.

Shayla couldn't even think of a thing to say the moment was so fragile. After a length of time however she forced herself to step back, yet she was still unable to remove her gaze from the quite alive form of Graysith, tears still falling from the depthless ocean of her greeny-blue eyes.

[ 12-03-2002 11:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.40
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 12-04-2002 01:21 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis greeted lord Aelvedaar with a slight nod then turned his attention momentarily to Jharmeen, whom was looking at shayla in something mirrering confusion...

Oh how he wanted to simply run to her and take her in his arms, and renew all vows of love and devotion he had ever made or though, to show his happyness that she was indeed not dead... But he knew, that she did not know that she indeed had BEEN dead... and to do so was to bring upon her confusion... it was for that reason that he placed that tidbit of knowledge away in a place of subconcious will... For while he desired to simply forget that it had ever happened, to do so was to learn nothing, so rather, he allowed it to fade from his being, so it might not disrupt his actions, and never bring to here the strange feelings that such knowledge could bring...

He simply contented himself by approuching her with their son and giving them both a loving hug.

he looked down at his son with a nod "Now my son... It is time that you resume your quest... before we take leave, is there anything else you would require of us?"

He looked down at jharu, noting that the boy seemed momentarily bewildered, as if something had happend, something he should remember... Yet it read clearly in his eyes that he did not...

Good... This is one pain he need not bare... one memory which is best overlapped with one more pleasant... A warrior must learn to grow from lose... But This? No... This would shatter his existance...

His son looked at him for a moment before coming forth with his question. "Where should i look for her?"

Recinis looked down at him and shook his head. "im afraid i can not disclose that information to you... Your mother, and myself may only act when something is directly concerning you... But perhaps lord Aelvedaar would be as kind to assist you in that mannor..."

he then turned to Jharmeen and smiled "shall we return home my love?"

His gaze shifted momentarily to shayla before back to jharmeen. "and will She be joining us on kori'san?"

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.184
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-04-2002 01:49 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith could not help the slight frown that came to her features as she now shifted her brilliant violet gaze from Shayla to Lord Recinis to Jharu to Aelvedaar and back to Recinis again. All stood in various -- and silent -- attitudes about her, waiting with a strange sort of....

Expectancy.

She shook her head slightly, then pulled lightly from Lord Recinis's embrace at his mention of Shayla. Without saying a word she went to where she had been pushed aside by her husband -- albeit gently -- and came to a halt in front of her. Her eyes narrowed the tiniest bit, and she cocked her head, wondering as to the tears still standing in her adept's eyes, wondering at that young woman's struggle to keep yet more tears from erupting, tears of... tears of...

Relief? Great joy?

Her frown turned to a look matching the one on her son's face, and she reached gently out herself to now take Shayla by the shoulders. She peered deeply into those greeny-blue eyes, seeking solution, trying to determine the reason underlying the untoward reaction her adept was displaying, knowing that she herself had broken their Link, the knowledge bringing sudden shame and regret.

Wondering if shared regret was enough to account for Shayla's reaction...

...and somehow knowing, deep within her, that it was NOT.

She shuddered, letting her glance flick back to Jharu, who was rapidly taking on his usual demeanor; turned it upon her husband, who waited quietly with a small smile on his face; cut it into Aelvedaar's molten eyes, which remained absolutely inscrutable. And suddenly something on the deepest unconscious level of all shied back like prey eluding the grasping claws of a predator; she shuddered again, and turned back to Shayla.

For a long moment she just stood there, her hands on her Adept's shoulders. Then that strange something urged her on... impulsively, she gathered Shayla to her in a warm and loving embrace. Her mouth worked for a moment before she could find words to give foundation to her own somewhat strange actions.

"I-- I rejoice with you in your marriage to Erik Kartan, as well as for the knowledge that you are to join me in motherhood as well, Shayla," she finally said softly, letting all her earlier hurt and anger flee from her as something too insubstantial to be bothered with anymore.

Letting her Adept know that although she may have seemed removed from her, she had been "keeping tabs" on her all along.

She gave Shayla a little kiss on her cheek, then pulled back and returned to the comfort of her husband's arms. She laid her head against his chest with a small sigh.

"Of course she is coming to Koris'ian with us, both she and her husband," she whispered lightly. "That is, if they desire to do so."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 12-04-2002 02:10 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin just stood quietly, oblivious as to why everyone was acting so strangely. Shayla meanwhile simply nodded enthusiastically in response to Graysith's words, motioning Erik to join her. He did so, and everyone seemed just about ready to leave when Terrin suddenly realized there was something really important that he'd better mention, and like right now.

"Ummm..." he started, clearing his throat to gain everyone's attention. "There might be one tiny thing Jharu might need before continuing his quest," he stated, drawing a few cocked brows. "A ship."

Terrin paused a moment to let those words sink in then continued with, "And as for Galen, she went that way," he indicated, pointing skyward a la Flac and letting everyone else draw the obvious conclusion he already had.

[ 12-04-2002 02:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.40
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 12-04-2002 06:39 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis looked at terrin for a moment, considering his words, before turning his gaze upon his son. "it apears my son, that you have chosen your companions with wisdom..."

His gaze once more shifted to terrin. "Indeed, thank you for bringing this to attention..."

His gaze once more shifted, this time falling upon jharmeen. "Perhaps we should take our son to the spaceport, so we might better observe this situation?"

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.108
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-05-2002 08:00 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Observe WHAT kriffing situation?! Terrin thought, having to practically shove his foot in his mouth to keep from asking just that. Then something else came to mind.

He raised a finger. "There is someone out in the spaceport; a bounty hunter that apparently came here with Galen. He somehow seems to think that I'm here working for Ankrist Roan," Terrin continued, his look darkening.

Like THAT would happen. When Hell froze over. When the ice on Hoth melted...

He jerked his attention back to everyone in the room then waited to see what anyone might have to say or want to do about this.

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.40
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-05-2002 09:18 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the remainder of the emotions flowing through Shayla subsided, she suddenly began to feel precariously...

...out of place. What exactly WAS going on here?

She glanced over to Terrin Danner even as his, Graysith's, and Recinis's words began to register in her brain.

So when had Terrin gotten back with the Sith? Hadn't he left with his crew members and Galen with Sorben Tarnus? And why would Galen have come back here, to Prinn'chatka? Was the hunter with her NOT Sorben?

And exactly WHAT quest was Jharu on? Sounded like he was looking for...

Shayla's greeny-blue eyes scanned the faces in the room, as if trying to seek the answers in them. She read a good amount of concern from Terrin, but everyone else was fairly inscrutable, which wasn't all that suprising. Still, Shayla felt a sense of concern niggling at the corners of her own psyche. She frowned, then turned to let her eyes fall directly into the violet ones of Graysith, stating her commitment to remain devoted as well as asking the obvious question that might answer all those she had.

"I would like very much to return to Korris'sian with you," Shayla stated then continued with, "Your sister you chose me as, and your sister I will remain no matter what befalls us. The life I had to go back to after we departed from here..."

She trailed as if seeking the words to describe it then proceeded with "...is in the past and has no meaning any longer. I will assist you in any way you need, wherever you need me to."

For a moment she fell silent and let the words ring true with the feelings Shayla knew she had inside her, then finished wuth, "So what has happened that brings so many of us back to Prinn'chatka?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.40
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-06-2002 04:47 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's look remained completely inscrutable, however something was beginning to poke and to prod in the corners of his mind as everyone stood around waiting...

...reluctantly?

This was no good; hadn't anyone heard what he was telling them? Didn't they care that every second they waited was one second more that Darra was with Roan, and out of Galen's arms?

Something not totally unexpected wormed its way into Terrin's brain and replied. Of course they don't care. Their child wasn’t at risk here; all they cared about was...

Terrin simply refused to think that thought for the moment. But he for one wasn't twiddling his thumbs any longer while everyone waited for someone else to take charge; enough of the tip-toeing around. As this thought surfaced, a shoulder-being, whether angel or demon one couldn't be sure, simply nodded its little head in quiet approval.

Yes sir, folks. He's back.

“Ankrist Roan has kidnapped Darra from Galen,” Terrin said, answering Shayla’s question simply. “And although I don’t know for a fact, I’m pretty sure she has taken the Sith ship Jharu and I came here in and headed off to find Darra herself.”

With that Terrin fell silent a moment, pursing his lips in thought. She had gone off after Darra, alone. Sound familiar, Mr. Danner?

“I’ll just bet she hasn’t gone far from here,” Terrin continued with. “After all she knows, at least by what we all last knew, that Roan’s hideout was somewhere on this very planet.”

His blue eyes defocused for another moment as images that had been haunting him began to scroll in his mind once more, urging him to do something, now.

Images. Of the child who he and Galen had only found out later wasn’t theirs being taken by that demonic imp of Roan’s just after birth. Of the look in Galen’s eyes when ShaRhylla had taken Darra on a day not long enough ago...

And now...

Terrin’s eyes jerked back into focus. “Look, unless someone here can get me to Galen faster so that I can help her find Darra, I’m going back to that spaceport to do whatever it will take for me to find her myself.”

For a moment he simply waited, wondering if anyone was going to offer him any help, determined to do something regardless. Then he started to turn and leave with his blaster at ready, his mind and heart set on the pathway ahead of him while his ears were peeled for any final suggestions or objections anyone behind him might make.

[ 12-06-2002 04:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.92
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 12-06-2002 05:52 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu in terrins direction, then set a glance upon the everfaithful Ghrr...

His gaze turned again to Terrin, before it snapped to his mother and father. "Thank you for helping me... I'll be careful from now on... And ill find Aunt Galen..."

with no further explaination he ran off, terrin in his wake...

Sometime later

Jharu and terrin entered the spaceport, and jharu's gaze instantly came upon the sight of a strange looking ship...

That had to be it...

Jharu ran forward then, comming up to the still open doorway, there was a man inside putting on some armor, when he noticed took a step back, but when he saw terrin, he shook his head muttering a few random words "ok... Kid... Guy... me....why?"

Jharu looked at him for a moment before turning to terrin... After all, his uncle was the one that knew this man...

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.148
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 12-06-2002 11:45 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac looked at the kid with horns and just let things fly through his head...

Remind me to ask galen how she survived through this for... However long she'd been doing it... This is confusing...

He sighed and gave his nogin a quick shake "listen, I aint got time for talking, chattin, and standin around... if you wanna come along, hop in, But ive already wasted two many sylliables on you two..."

With that he spun, hearing only the clanking of at least one of them getting on... Maybe both, he shruged to himself and got plugged in, after doning the helmet upon his head...

With a suddin drawing of breath, the ship was in the air, zooming off into orbit, after a few moments of toying around, and getting the hang of it...

Jeez... galen may not have made it look "easy"... But WHOA, she's deffenetly a better pilot then ill ever be...

Soon he had the ship in an orbit, and he spoke, letting the helmats transmitters work out and send a local comm message to any ships that might be near.

Galen... You appeared outa thin air before with that ship, please tell me you can do it again... Make it easy on me brown eyes.

"Galen... This is flac... If your anywhere in this area, send a message... I wanna help with whatever you got planned...Come on brown eyes, You there?"

He then fell silent and awaited a reply... with any luck she was still in this area... if not out of sight... And she'd be able to hear him... He hoped...

--------------------

"Faster then a jedi pulls a rabit out of his hat"
---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.126
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-07-2002 12:04 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin wasted no time getting aboard, following behind the rather anxious Jharu. No sooner had the hatch closed behind them when the ship flashed off into sky without so much as a warning, throwing Terrin back against the bulkhead.

Kriffing Hell! Where did this guy get his pilotinng license?! The local Blue Asteriod???!!!

Thankful that no one had really been around to pay attention to his momentary lose of balance, Terrin got back to his feet as the ship stabalized somewhat and headed for the front to find Flac, in his armor and seemingly attached to the ship as he stood on a cylinder and apparently controlled everything.

Really, REALLY weird ship... Terrin thought, cocking his brow slightly as he got to a seat, thankful that his usual response to "sudden takeoffs" hadn't gotten the better of him.

That hadn't happened since...

His blue eyes snapped alert on Flac as he put the ship into orbit and then just stood on the cylinder, doing...

...something.

He was reminded of something Jasyn might ask about now, and decided it was far more than just appropriate. "Ummm...what were your plans? Strategies? You do know of these things?" he asked towards Flac, not even sure if he would be heard.

Then he fell silent and waited, for the moment.

[ 12-07-2002 12:08 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.92

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05