my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The end of the hunt (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The end of the hunt
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 12-07-2002 12:20 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis took a deep breath before casting his gaze about the room. "It is time to return home, i believe..."

His gaze turned to aelvedaar. "My brother, we will be staying upon the planet Kori'sian, If you wish to join us there... We would be most honered by your company, but it is understandable if you wish to remain here..."

Now he took a deep breath, in doing so rising himself once more above the simple statis of warrior, allowing his stature to be as it should, letting his pressence reflect the strength of the dark lord of warriors.

He then took Lord Aelvedaars wrist, holding tightly about the marking of the dark lord of sorcerer's, which the sorcerer returned upon his own wrist, as was traditional clasp between dark lords, as there arms locked in that manor, Recinis smiled and diped his head slightly before the clasp was released.

Turning he cast his gaze stickingly upon Shayla and Erik, letting matters fall through his mind, sifting through possibilities.

"You are once more among the ranks of sith... I welcome you again... Hopefuly you will find your stay upon Kori'sian less numbing, as we found the stay beneath the shield had become... Be warned though, it is a simplier life you will go to, in comparison to the one you found within these walls...

His form shifted, his arms wrapping about the waist of his lady, nodding but once to her, to which she returned the nod, she smiled briefly as she opened the portal which would return them home, and then they both stepped back, allowing Shayla and Erik to be first to step through, before they too dissapeared into the ethereal depths which floated before them...

Soon they were within the walls of the temple upon the other planet, Recinis cast his gaze out a window, before he turned and smiled at the sight before him, Shayla and her husband were sitting comfortably upon a couch, and jharmeen was conversing with them both, catching up on things which had happened...

He frowned for but a moment as he stepped forth the interupt there conversation. "Take now some time to rest, and be revitalized, take a bit longer to renew your friendships completly, and send away the time which has passed in eachothers absence... But soon we must put our minds to a more productive use... Whether Lord Aelvedaar will join us later in time, or not, we must make plans... we must find something to do, which will further our quest..."

he then sat down beside his lady, and placed an arm about her, giving her a breif kiss upon the cheek. "Soon Jharmeen... Our son will return, ready as a warrior... Are do you believe he will be ready then to take upon him the knowledge that you may teach him? For my lessons have gone as far as they will, and his destiny will indeed require more then a sword..."

He smiled and gave her another little kiss before continuing "Enjoy your free time with your sister... I go now to find the... Other member to this party.."

He smiled once more before standing and walking off into the hallway's... Hoping that Jasyn would be able to put something on the table when that moment came...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.126
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 12-07-2002 01:03 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC:Please follow Recinis, Graysith, Erik, and shayla to "A time not far away" in complete SW universe, thank you))

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.126
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-07-2002 01:16 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I about fell out of my seat as Flac's unexpected transmission burst into life within the confines of my wonderful little fighter, the Sith log I had been painstakingly going through flying out of my lap to land on the deck with a resounding thud. Quickly assuming my former self-control, I leaned forward and flipped on the forward viewscreen, to reveal the image of DJ soaring up from the surface of K'eel Doba.

So, Flac figured out how to get her configured for a guy, ey? I grinned, now reaching to the communications section and letting my fingers dance upon the glyphs and sigils there. Moments later and I had a channel open; the grin on my face spread out into a big ol smile, teeth gleaming, as I imagined the shock which was probably coursing through Flac right about now.

These Sith ships, ya gotta love 'em, I couldn't help but gloat a bit. For although to Flac I was nowhere to be found, in all actuality he all but careened into my direct line of orbit when he popped off the planet's surface. That's just how insidious these little fighters were, how well those light-bending devices worked. And how, after all, did any form of probe or sensor known to man operate than by sensing electromagnetically? The visible spectrum wasn't the only form of "light" which existed....

"Hey there, Flac!" I smiled. "Glad to see you got DJ up and running fully! I'm right above you... actually, here...."

With that I reached to my belt and disengaged the strange light-bending device. To Flac, and indeed anyone else who might be in the vicinity and sensing, I would have quite suddenly and from simply nowhere popped into "view."

"There," I finished a bit smugly, nodding with satisfaction before continuing.

"Hey, good news... I think. There's some sort of Temple to some... some thing called a 'S'slan,' whatever the hell that is. Seems there is such a temple built to this S'slan on every planet holding a Great Temple; I've orbited and run a sensor sweep at the coordinates this log is showing me, and guess what I found there, buddy? You got it... a big fat ol nothing, and I do mean that literally.

"I think that's where Roan is hiding, under that weird nothing; it's like what got put up in Khar Delba, but hey, we can orbit again and brainstorm. I'll send you the coordinates, here ya go...."

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 12-07-2002 01:24 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu didnt want to wait for whatever that guy was doing...He wanted to know if that man knew where his aunt was, and he meant to find out...

Standing up and rushing over to the little area where flac stood piloting, jharu looked at him and spoke up imidiatly. "terrin said you came to the planet with my aunt... Do you know where she is? Can you help me find her?"

He then fell silent and awaited the man to reply... Trying his best not to be impatiant...

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.126
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 12-07-2002 01:31 AM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac almost hit the ground right then and there...

WOOOOWWWW! this kids her nephiew? eerrrr... umm... NO NO NO... Waaaaa...eerrr... Didnt she say her sister was married to one of thos sith guy's? err... So... Red hair... Horns... Works for me...

Flac worked his jaw slightly, switching from comm mode to his normal speaker "sorry kid, dont have much info... unless of course your 'aunt' is that giant hairball back there... then you can talk to 'her' all you want..."

he then switched back to comm. "err galen... I got a kid in here that say's he's your errm... Nepiew... Ah... Oh... And i have your husband to... Dont worry, they dont know where you are if you wanna stay detached... But this kid is looking for you... Seems kinda urgent to... I donno... Here take a look..."

With a slight twitch of his neck he sent a video image to galen of everything his visor was picking up, casting his gaze at the kid for a second, he turned it off...

"the kid look familair?"

--------------------

"Faster then a jedi pulls a rabit out of his hat"
---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.126
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 12-07-2002 03:50 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin cocked a curious brow at the anxious Jharu, and another then at Flac who was still standing there, still for all appearances not doing anything but keeping control of the ship. But for some reason, Terrin got the feeling that wasn't all Flac was doing over there, which was starting to wear on his nerves. Granted, maybe the guy didn't fully trust him, but some clue as to what was going on would be nice considering Terrin might have some helpful information.

"You mind telling me what is going on?" he asked in Flac's direction, actually standing up and stepping closer to him. "Are you trying to find her?" he continued worriedly. "She knows that Roan's hideout is somewhere on that miserable rock down there; she probably hasn't gone far away. The only other probable place Roan might have gone with Darra is Kamino, which Galen also would be able to surmise."

Terrin flicked a very concerned blue-eyed gaze over into Flac's visor. "Have you tried a general comm frequency?" he asked, then waited.

[ 12-07-2002 03:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.40
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 12-07-2002 04:24 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac clicked off the transmiter in the helmet, leaving the speakers open to recieve any messages from galen that might come through.

"Hey, im doing everything i can..."

He blinked rappidly for a moment, allowing the sensers in the helmet to pick it up, and zoom the visors line of sight upon the little ship, smiling to himself as he did so.

if only they knew she was right there... Hah... But whether their her friends or not, she wanted stealth, and she's gonna get it untill i hear otherwise...

"If you want to help out, then i suggest you start explaining about...well, everything. I dont know what would be of importance, but anything you could give me could come into play later..."

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.79
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-07-2002 11:48 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin pursed his lips in thought.

Anything of importance...

...Hmmm.

He wasn't particularly thrilled with putting his trust in this guy after only just meeting him, excepting the fact that Galen had already done just that herself based on the things Flac did seem to know. And this was concerning getting Darra back to safely to Galen, which was Terrin's only interest at the moment. He'd simply have to take the risk then, if it meant accomplishing what he wanted to so very much.

He thought back to what had happened after Galen had left from Prinn'chatka, and picked up from there, figuring that this was the most logical place to start with possibly vital information. "Well, for starters the Sith and anyone who might have been assisting them disbanded shortly after Galen left the city down there. Everyone chose their seperate ways, so I headed for Coruscant because I was worried that Galen and Darra were headed right for Admiral Actar. The last time Galen was with the Admiral he nearly killed her," Terrin explained, pausing at that as a flash of something moved somewhere in the depths of his eyes.

"I actually went to Actar to find out what was going on. Unfortunately that wasn't one of my better decisions; landed me and the crewmember who accompanied me in Imperial prison. I tried bargaining my way out because at this point the Admiral had told me that Galen had fled Coruscant, but to no avail. Eventually..."

Terrin paused again, pulling something from somewhere in the folds of the Sith robe he was wearing. "Actar lead me to believe both Galen and Darra..." He hesitated for a moment, his eyes growing somewhat vague. Then he forced the rest of the sentence out. "...lead me to believe that they...were dead." He then presented the locket to Flac, opening it to reveal the image of he, Galen and Darra with an X across the latter two. "This...is Galen's locket," he stated quietly.

For a long moment then Terrin fell silent, his blue eyes again defocusing and clouding over with something akin to pain. Then once again he focused his eyes right back into Flac's visor, closing the locket and putting it back where he'd pulled it from. "The only reason I'm standing here now and know that Galen isn't dead and that Darra was taken by Roan is because Graysith discovered my predicament and came to my assistance. She took my crewmen and I to a Sith planet called Korris'sian where some of the members of our alliance are now residing, supposedly gearing up to take Darra from Roan and give her back to Galen. I requested to go to Galen and help her myself, but they'd already decided to send Graysith's kid," Terrin explained, jerking a thumb back to indicate Jharu. "I requested to come along, and he decided our first stop would be Prinn'chatka to go to see a Sith Sorceror for advice...

...one thing lead to another, and so now we are here."

With that Terrin fell silent and waited to see what Flac might reply to his narrative, then added, "That's about everything, I think..."

[ 12-08-2002 12:22 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.40
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-08-2002 01:38 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I blinked.

I had a nephew? WITH HORNS???

Now... what was extremely wrong with this picture?

I shook my head, even though Flac couldn't see it.

"Umm... Flac ol pal, I've never seen that kid before in my life. You go off without me and pick up another stray?"

I paused a moment, a rueful little smile flickering about my lips before I continued in a more solemn tone of voice, "Thanks for the discretion, Flac."

Then I quieted to think some. I hadn't missed the fact that Terrin was hovering there in the background --

Yeesh, "small universe" just doesn't cut it here!

--and for a moment was completely clueless as to how I wanted to respond to the situation. Then the fact I was clueless slammed home, and I frowned, pursing my lips a little. I sniffed, and reached up a hand to rub my temple, trying to compose a reply when something happened that resolved the issue entirely.

A little green sigil began to blink on my control panel, quietly seeking my attention. Grateful for this distraction I punched it, turning to the monitor which began scrolling information in rapid Sith glyphs. And once I had deciphered those glyphs, I read them again. Just to make certain.

And yet again.

My mouth dropped. I blinked, working my jaw before finally hitting the comm-link I had with Flac.

"Ahh-- Flac," I began, gulping a little. "Something's happened. That shield is dropped, and..."

I paused to turn back to the controls panel, flipping my fingers across sigils and controls, ordering the little ship to do my bidding. She responded with alacrity and overwhelming ability; it wasn't long before I was passing onto Flac what I had just learned.

"Like I said, the shield is down. There's a weird temple-thing down there, at the coordinates I sent you...

"...only I'm not picking up any life signs there. Flac, if Roan and Darra were there, they're not any longer.

"Now what in Hell's Seven Circles are we going to do?"

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 12-08-2002 03:54 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac let himself think...

Lessy... What can we do? terrin's got a good point.... Ya...

"Yo galen, you think maybe roan took her to kamino? It's worth a shot anyway..."

He sighed and took a deep breath.

Lessy whatcha got terrin... Lessy whatcha got...

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.46
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-09-2002 08:18 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin frowned, not particularly thrilled with being left somewhat oblivious as to what was going on.

Flac was doing...something...

But then, that something could be anything. He could be trying to find the Sith ship...

...good luck there buddy if THAT is what you are doing!

...or trying to find coordinates to Kamino, which was the only other logical place Galen might have gone. But then, maybe she was out there, somewhere...

Terrin cleared his throat as if to direct Flac's attention. "I've asked it once and I'll ask it again. Do you mind giving me at least a clue what is going on here? We don't have time for this distrusting thing, getting Darra back to Galen supercedes it considering she has put a modicum of trust in both of us..."

...or at least, she DID trust you at some point, Mr. Danner. Time for you to earn that trust, buddy...

"...and I hate to say it, but whether Roan is down there or on Kamino, he'll be under a shield. He knows we'll come looking for Darra, and I'm fairly certain he knows we know what he might be up to. I'd love to go rip him limb from limb at the moment, but so long as there is a shield there, the only way we are getting in is if he lowers it, which could be anytime, or getting in contact with someone who can lower that shield. The only person I'm sure can do that is Graysith, she's done it before."

He paused at that, pursing his lips a bit as he thought then ended with, "I know it will be hard to trust them, but I promise that I can be trusted if anything. And I want something that I'm certain is going to get Darra back as safely and as quickly as possible. Asking the Sith for help is that something. Unless someone else has a better idea, I suggest we go to Korris'sian before we waste any more time trying to figure this out on our own. My daughter's welfare is at stake here, as well as Galen's. This is the best and most viable solution."

[ 12-09-2002 08:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.136
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-09-2002 09:18 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shook my head.

"There's no real reason to assume that, buddy," I replied thoughtfully. "In fact, I kinda doubt this guy is the type to repeat ANYTHING he's done once."

Ye gods, let's hope so....

I straightened in my seat.

"I'm going down to have a look-see. You can do what you want; I've got some protection against his weird powers, so I think I'll be all right even if he is skulking around down there.

"Galen out."

With that I closed the connection, and made a careful and uneventful planetfall just outside the temple my sensors had picked up. I closed 'er systems down, stood up, adjusted my accoutrements with care, took a deep breath...

...and proceeded to disembark, into who in Hell's Seven Circles knew what.

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 207.165.114.22
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 12-09-2002 10:57 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac mulled matters over for a second...

Slowly he turned his helmet on terrin, smiling beneath its tinted visor.

If only this guy had a clue... Thank god for built in view screens...

he took a deep breath before snapping his head forward again. "listen man, If you wanna go back to k..ko...err... that place you were talking about... Go ahead, escape pod in the back brother... Aint got hyperdrive, but its fast..."

His helmet then turned to his other side, looking at the kid who claimed to be galens nephiew... the kid was staring at him with the strangest looking eyes flac had ever seen... If the action wouldnt have caused DJ to plummet into a downward spiril of death, he would have shuddered about then...
his head then turned forward once more, alowing his visor to return to the viewscreen mode so he wasnt blind to the world.

Yeesh... That kid is strange... feels like he's staring straight through me... Then, with what galen has said about sith... The kid probably knows everything im thinking... No... Not that much... But he knows something thats for sure... Yeesh, i gotta be careful.

With another deep breath flac spoke to terrin again "listen, im going down, if you want to go on the pod go ahead..."

He then spred his feet slightly, bringing hishands to his hips balled in fists, turning them so should he open them, the palms would be upward... He then opened his hands, and the ship descended with rapid speed, in a few moments even managed to gain on the fast little sith fighter... before the ship could hit the ground his hands balled once more, and the fists shot forward causing the ship to level off and with a slight twist land right ahead of galen's ship.

He got unplugged and headed out, not paying heed to terrin, not even knowing if terrin had taken the pod or not... All the while though he could feel that kids eyes behind him...

They just dont make armor thick enough do they...

He then opened up for another comm message, hopefuly she'd get it...

"listen, i dont know about terrin, but that kid is following me... He seems nice enough...err, a bit odd though... Maybe you should talk to him and see what he wants... Then maybe he'll stop staring at me... Yeesh"

[ 12-09-2002 11:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Flac ]

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.66
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-09-2002 11:35 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Something was going on, and Terrin wasn't gonna be that easy to get rid of.

Sheesh. It'd sure be nice if he did have a clue as to what was going on. And granted, he had a tendency to distrust people himself...

...but good gods, was he THIS BAD?

Frowning at that, Terrin simply took the E-11 blaster he had and jogged out of the ship, briefly eyeing Jharu. Maybe it was the kid that was causing him to be distrusted so. After all, Jharu WAS a little weird, and hey, if it were him, Terrin had to admit he'd be standoffish too considering the situation.

Pushing that little thought into the back of his mind Terrin pressed onward til he caught up with Flac. As he did so, a small temple, definitely of the Sith variety, could be seen in the distance, as well as the speck of a somewhat familiar form...

"You know, sooner or later you are going to have to tell me what is going on if we are headed there," Terrin said, nodding towards the Temple as he jogged on. He eyed the temple again, something in the air nearly making his hair stand on end.

This place gave him the creeps...

Then he couldn't help but add as if to distract himself from his own darkening thoughts, "At least you've got some armor to protect you..."

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.136
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 12-09-2002 11:51 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac stoped, swinging his hand out and catching a hold of terrins robes, pulling terrin to look dead senter in the utter depthlessness of his visor, he let his words come out cold as he spoke to the man. "listen Buddy... Lets get something straight... I still dont trust you... I have no reason to, and untill i have a damn good one, ill be just as quick to pull my blaster on you, as i will to roan..."

He pulled terrin even more close to speak his next words. "You gotta understand me now... Or we are not going to get far...and by we i mean YOU... I didnt make you come, i didnt ask you to come, i told you that if you wanted to you could leave, i showed you the door, i gave you a key, you CHOSE to follow me, I dont have you tell you ANYTHING, you are officialy on a need to know basis, and all you need to know, is that you dont need to know anything. Understand?"

with that flac released the man, smiling to himself as he walked away.

Sheesh... Now i know why those bounty hunter types were such cool armor with such dark visors... It comes in handy sometimes...

Flac stopped again and looked at terrin. "listen, theres no reason for you go come, Galen aint here..."

He then turned his head and let his visor zoom upon the form of galen entering the temple he nodded to himself and let the visor return to normal.

You wanted to help flac? you goofed, better off if you had left her alone, now this bozzo is after her... Jeez, the way he rambles on about her and darra, its no wonder she freaken left him... The dudes obsessed... Does he have his own personality?

Again he stopped and turned to terrin "listen buddy, I cant stop you, but i gotta give you some advice... What we are gonna find in there aint pretty... It ant nice... And its none of your concern... Your best bet would be to stay here and keep a look out for galen... I wont lie to you, i was talking to her in the ship... She told me to check this temple out, while she looked around the area..."

With that he continued on wards, joging now rather then walking...
Lets see what ya do terrin... Lets see what ya do...

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.66
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 12-10-2002 12:04 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu stared at the departing form of flac hard for a moment...

He stood tall and continued on, speaking calmly to terrin. "he's lieing..."

With a few more steps jharu stoped, examining the temple... He had seen a similar temple before... One of those books...

It was a temple to the sith god, S'slan... Dipicted as a mighty warrior, barring the strength to lead the sith from any peril...

his eyes narrowed slowly... The temples devoted to S'slan were suposed to be sacred grounds... none but sith were to enter that place...

He reached out slowly to place his hand on terrins arm, shaking his head "You should not enter that temple... It is not your place... i read... That any non sith that enter the temple... Will be attacked by the magicks set forth by those who guard the honor of S'slan, those magicks could seriously injure, perhaps not deadly, but anyone who goes in will be dealt with... Any save those invited by whatever sith rules over it... I fear that not even that man... Or galen for that matter, will make it far... I will go and retrieve them, I know how much you care about aunt galen... So if you want to come, i understand... But, it could be dangerious.."

With that he sprinted off... the warning had been given, what terrin did with his life was of no concern to jharu... the goal was so close!

Soon he had reached the entrance of the temple, and entered without hesitation...
The air was cool... Somewhat still... But he could hear footsteps ahead, he sprinted forward once more and called out to his aunt as she came into view, though she was still on the other side of the room... it was a large room, but he knew she could hear him. "AUNT GALEN! WAIT!"

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.66
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-10-2002 12:19 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I whirled about as those eerily unfamiliar words struck me, then continued to reverberate upon the surrounding walls I could not see hidden in the depths of this place. My grip on my blaster rifle tightened just the slightest as I crouched, ready for anything.

Except the sight of a tall red-haired kid with horns rapidly approaching me from the distant gloom.

Aunt Galen??? Something still wasn't right about this picture.

My jaw dropped, and for just the briefest of moments I thought of answering him back. But then caution brought me to a halt, as I considered.

This kid -- I think he's a kid, he LOOKS like a kid! -- was Sith. Not too many of those around. Now, just WHAT Sith in particular that you know of hangs around in this temple, ey Galen ol' girl?

That did it. No way.

My hand slapped the device on my belt... and I immediately became invisible to those in the room. Whirling about yet again, I turned my feet into rapidly moving balls of pure fluff, and in utter silence left the room to head on down a corridor, one of many which terminated in that large stone room I had just fled. There ahead of me was a great stone door; I headed toward it, trying to find a place where I could just hunker a bit by my lonesome and think....

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-10-2002 12:20 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin stood quietly for a moment, closing his eyes.

Something not pretty...

...had Roan been in that Temple? Was he STILL in there, and was Darra...?

...what was Galen headed for?

Terrin couldn't see past the concern in his heart to see to any of the possible logic that might have been in Jharu's words. And as for what Flac had said to him...

Kriffing hell. What did it matter what Flac thought of him? There were only a couple of things...a couple of somebodies...that mattered at the moment, and at least one of them was heading into that Temple.

He wasn't gonna stand idly by this time...

...not again.

Without so much as another thought, Terrin headed onward towards the Temple to whatever might lie ahead.

[ 12-10-2002 12:27 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 12-10-2002 12:40 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu's imidiat reaction was to listen for footsteps... His father had indeed taught him well, but apparantly his aunt had had practice at this runing away thing... cause there was nothing he could hear...

He wanted to run off, but he was his mothers child after all... And a quick learner, no, he was smarter then that...

He reached down to his own belt, and fliped on the light bending device it held.

Thanks alont mommy...

He whispered to himself as he stalked onward. "Two can play at this game..."

Now to find her

He kept his distance from Flac, wondering if the guy could help him find her...

The man looked at the ground for a little while before stalking off, only looking backwards once to see if jharu was still there...

He smiled to himself Thanks again mom

after a while flac had stopped and was staring down at a little corner...

Jharu looked at the ground... It was to dark for him to see anything... What had that guy been following? Jharu stood still... Making sure that no one knew he was there... He had maintained his distance... His dad had always said that stealth was a frame of mind as much as anything else... And jharu had always been pretty good at thinking...

He heard the mans voice come out in a slight whisper... Obviously he didnt trust the fact that he was alone... That guy was good, however he did it...

--------------------

Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 12-10-2002 12:48 AM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac remained perfectly still, casting his gaze about carefully, making sure not to look at galen's corner for more then a few seconds at a time... He knew galen was there... She may have been quiet, and stealthy... But his helmet let him see in this place as though it were brood day light... while the dust may be hard to see in the dark, he could see it as though it were the landing lights on a starpad in corruscant... And that path of stired dust lead straight to this corner and stopped... Meanwhile. flac DID NOT want to give her away... Cause he knew that kid had followed him... His helmet did more then just adjust sight... his hearing was better then anyone could imagin, and obviously that kid was still just a kid... no where near as quiet as galen...

He smiled to himself... He had still had to strain to hear it...

quiet suddenly flac sighed. and whispered, just loud enough for the two of them. "Listen, no use hiding, i know where you are... And kid, i aint telling you where she is... She is somewhere though, you got something to say, say it... Maybe you can coax her out of hiding... Explain yourself to me and ill make sure she gets it... I got a direct comm open..." He momentarily cast his glance to the corner as if to say "i know, but i wont tell..." then nodded seemingly to himself, as if to say "Just listen... i dont think he'll go away untill you do"

--------------------

---Flac

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 12-10-2002 12:52 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu didnt undo the light bending device, but he did take a few steps closer, and spoke quietly. "listen... This temple will start reacting to your pressences her soon, its sith... we should leave, before its to late... But if you must know... I was sent here by my mother and father, i am charged with a quest to find galen, to see if im ready to be a warrior..."

The mans reply came out smoothly, almost as if he were preparign. "and who exactly is your mother and father?"

jharu took a deep breath "my father is Lord Recinis Q'utaru... And my mother is Lady Jharmeen Q'utaru...Please, we have to leave, or we could be in big trouble... This place is dangerious for you..."

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-10-2002 01:07 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I blinked, frozen against the stone wall where I had come to a halt, waiting for everyone to leave.

How in Hell's Seven Circles could that be? This kid was the son of Jharmeen? Only one Jharmeen I knew of, and damned if she didn't have red hair like this kid....

I pursed my lips tightly then, tears springing unexpectedly into my eyes as in one fell swoop I suddenly accepted this seeming improbability.

She sent her own son... and nevermind for the moment how the hell she has an adolescent son... but she sent him for me. Terrin is out there, coming after me, and he's not alone in that.

Flac is there too.

Galen... there suddenly seems to be some people here who care about you. But then, you knew that. Now, however... maybe it's time to stop running... at least for a little bit. Explain to them why following you might not be quite in their best interests.

I sniffled a little, then swallowed as in one smooth motion I disengaged the device on my belt. But looking around, all I could see was Flac.

"Ok, I know you're here, kid," I called out suddenly. "You found me. But now I think you'd better leave before something happens to you; I have a kid of my own to find, and I'll be damned if I'm going to risk anyone else doing it."

I paused a moment to reflect, then finished with, "You can go on back and tell my sister that... that I'll join her later if she wants, but only after I find my daughter."

I then fell silent, but it was far from being a companionable silence. For some inexplicable reason the tiny hairs on the back of my neck were beginning to rise....

--------------------

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 12-10-2002 01:16 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu just shook his head and took another step forward, actauly disengaging the stealth device and touching flacs arm but looking her d direction "listen... We have to get outside fast, you dont understand, only sith are welcom here! The sorcerers put magick in this place to defend it! please, just come with me outside..."found her and gave her a little shake "please, come outside!"

He took hold of her shoulders and looked up at flac and said "im not joking, your both in trouble!"

flac shooks his head and muttered something about wierd kids with horns then leaned down and lifted her into the air "listen brown eyes, I dont know what this kid is babbling on about, but this could be more dangerious then you thought, we need a well thought of plan, or your just gonna end up killed before you can get darra..."

Jharu nodded as flac ushered the woman onward, and he continued to urge them "please, RUN!" but flac just looked and said "i cant kid, not untill she decides to listen..."

[ 12-10-2002 01:28 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jharu ]

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-10-2002 01:32 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"PUT ME DOWN!"

Honest to credits, I'm a big girl, I've seen and been through plenty in these past few years... years into which I think I've somehow managed to cram a couple two, three lifetimes. I really think I can handle myself when the going gets tough, always have, there was only that one time and he--

And HE....

I suddenly stopped struggling, and sighed in defeat.

"All right, I'll go with you. But I'm telling you, we have to check this place out. This was where that weird shield was, and I know its because he was here.

"Darra has to be here someplace, she just has to...."

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-10-2002 01:50 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin had made it inside the temple just in time to see Jharu...

...disappear.

Well, damn. This was going to be fun.

He had no option but to wander about aimlessly for a bit til at length he actually heard voices.

Thank the gods. This place was really starting to give him the willies...

As he approached, the owner of the voice as well as the words themselves registered in his brain, rolling around in there a bit. He stepped onward down the corridor as all the while his simple reply to those words formed in his mind. Jharu's sudden insistent reaction, however, put a momentary cork in any response he might have been planning to give...

...but, even as he heard Galen's reply to Jharu's last statement, he couldn't help but wonder...

"If she's in here, we're gonna find her now," Terrin said, stepping completely into the room. "I've got a bad feeling about this place though..."

He halted at that, his deep blues falling on Galen in the dim light, concern radiating from them. He had to work to keep from rushing out to take her in his arms, wanting for all the Universe to simply be there in support for her, to simply know that she was truly there, in front of him.

After all there had been a time, not so long ago, that he thought he'd never see her again...

Then he continued with, "We should be careful and quick; if the kid says we should get out of here then we should. However, there is no way are we leaving Darra in here if she is here." With those words, he looked to Flac. "Any chance you can get a life form reading in here with that equipment of yours?"

[ 12-10-2002 10:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~Galen

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05