my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » With Wings Like Eagles (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: With Wings Like Eagles
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 09-25-2002 03:53 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Continued from "Home, sweet home" in this same forum)))

After Graysith's departure, an unspoken concern seemed to wash over everyone within the Dining Hall. Lord Recinis had gone out to the courtyard, possibly considering plans of his own, while others remained nearby, just in case they were needed.

And Terrin didn't plan on going far either. Aelvedaar would certainly be returning to the Octahedron from where he would watch all events carefully as they transpired, so Terrin decided the best thing to do would be to return to the suites he and Galen had been given in the Temple for a bit and let Darra get some exercise rather than constantly being held in one place.

Your Momma likes to take you to that little park to play...

At that thought, Terrin looked down into the little one's big blue eyes, somehow knowing that she was probably aware, at least on an instinctive level, her Momma was not here. Darra directed her blues back up into his own, and he smiled a wistful sort of smile, reaching out a finger to lightly touch her nose. Then he stood, nodding just once to everyone in the room then departing for the nearby suites, his heart yet heavy with concern for Galen. After all, waiting was never an easy challenge, even if one is certain he made the right decision.

But those who wait rather than rush into things impulsively are said to mount up with wings like eagles...

[ 09-25-2002 08:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.58.79.103
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-25-2002 11:07 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis now sat on the stone platform within the court yard, letting his mind drift and focus, eb, and flow. All things comeing into, and out of the picture. It was a simple relaxation techneque, yet it allowed his mind to remain sharp and alert, it allowed him to drift between absent thought, and arrow into an extreme focus on a single thought, becoming one with his mind, and becoming one with absolute nothing...

He was no master at the techneque, for he truly lacked the total balance needed to use it to its full capabilities, In fact, there had been no sith warrior to ever master this techneque, to ever fully reach thier bodies into the inate magicks which flowed through all sith, but he had achieved a mastery of it beyond what many had claimed, and it suited his needs...

within his mind there become an absent void, all that was, and all that had been no longer existed in recinis world, the void consumed everything, emtying him of any destracting thought, untill finaly the void consumed itself.

With a deep breath an image floated to the surfice of that empty thought, this image, among others, was dearly treasured by the warrior. it was that first awaking sight after his injury. That moment where he had opened his eyes to find graysiths own pair there, concern within her features. It was in that instant he had first started down the path he now so dearly treasured, it was this along with all other memories of time spent with the woman known as Jharmeen.

Silently he considered the contrast between his recent thought, Sometimes graysith, sometimes Jharmeen... WHat was he to call her?

he knew the answer, she was Jharmeen, To any other perhaps, Graysith, but no longer would that false name be within his mind, no longer would he claim to love a being who did not truly exist. His love was for Jharmeen, and that was simply the way it was, for she was not graysith, Graysith was that chosen by a mighty sorcerer, to bring forth the sith, Graysith was a cause, a desire, a wafting thought which merly distracted so the inner truth might be protected from those that need not worry themselves with the truth.

he focused now upon that image, those thoughts, the love, and that which the void had taken slowly renewed itself, in undying splender, no longer mere memories of a touch, they were all reborn, fresh in his mind, feeding him their silent strength.

Taking up that strength Recinis focused himself in yet another direction, attempting to reach out through those memories, wanting to reach though that link which was his love for Jharmeen Jhin'Darr, Using all his strength in his knowledge of their love, In order to give her everything of himself he could possibly give...

For he had vowed never to leave her side, And whether physicaly capable of fulfilling that promise or not, Mentaly, he would not fail her...

Deep within he hoped she could feel his strength, He hoped that that shield which so held them safely, would not impare his ability to assist...

[ 09-25-2002 11:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.78
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 09-26-2002 01:08 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik stood, lending Shayla his hand. She accepted and stood equally as quiet, leaning back into him. For a moment she leaned into him and seemed to simply draw his strength. Though by outward appearances she was completely calm, Erik could felt her worries and concerns through the link they had maintained ever since he'd known her, unbeknownst to the two of them for some time.

Responding to an unvocalized agreement, Erik then walked with Shayla to the nearby lounging area, where they took a spot together on one of the plush couches. He looked to her, fully aware that she was ready if and when the time came to head off once again, somehow equally as aware of the reasons why Graysith did not yet want Shayla involved.

For he was also aware of that something that was now a part of Shayla's psyche that had not been there before; something that simply was not her otherwise, that left the smallest blotch of blackness and non-Shayla-ness to trigger unrealistic despair for who knew how long...

Its presence there was frankly disturbing to him, although he was certain Shayla was aware of it and beginning to deal with it as it was now a part of her. But the sheer fact that any being could plant such a thing into such a strong person was enough to make one shudder.

He strayed from his thoughts as he realized that Shayla was peering up questioningly at him, her greeny-blue eyes seeking answer in his browns. "I was just thinking..." he started, "Of that despair that ally of Roan's planted into your mind..."

He paused as Shayla furrowed her brow at this seeming nonsequieter when suddenly understanding seemed to dawn in her eyes. He remained completely silent, waiting to see just what she might have to say...

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 64.159.106.124
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-26-2002 01:36 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla knew someone would have to practically be blind not to see the concern in Erik's face that accompanied his one statement. She met his gaze dead on with her greeny-blue one, her look darkening the slightest bit as she spoke. "Yes. Well aware of it, I am. And as it now seems to be a part of me, at least for a time, I simply must accept it for what it is."

He cocked his brow as if to ask exactly what it was.

She answered the unvocalized question. "I have within me what feels like the very despair and agony of the universe..."

She paused at that, shivering at the words, seemingly impacted at the mere mention of what had been placed inside of her.

"But--" she continued, a bit more quietly, "Acceptance of that very reality may be later used in whatever manner it must to assist us.

All for the Greater Good. All in time."

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.159.106.124
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 09-26-2002 01:38 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
His hands folded in the sleeves of his blue Jedi robes, Shawn Petrolu quietly stepped outside into the breezeless city of Prinn'chatka. For a long while he simply walked in silence, not heading anywhere in particular, but rather letting his mind guide him. At length he finally came to a halt, sitting down upon the ground cross-legged. He breathed in deeply, closing his eyes and searching outward, not seeking to center upon himself and his calmness but rather upon the emotions of everyone else.

A wealth of various emotions flooded into him, coming from several sources. Some of these were shared feelings while others were very singular; however everyone shared a common concern for what might yet be taking place on Kamino.

And Shawn shared that concern with them, despite his deceptively calm demeanor.

Jedi were calm by appearances, but this did not mean that they did not feel.

Putting that tendril of a thought aside, Shawn continued to absorb all that was being done and felt in the confines of this protected city, all the while remaining attuned to the link established between he and Lord Aelvedaar, should it become necessary that the Sorceror send any pertinent information to him.

And meanwhile, the emotions raged on...

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-26-2002 02:50 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
There was only one thing worse than waiting in Terrin's opinion, and that was having to wait and in the meantime not know anything about what was going on. And while Terrin knew deep down that he did fully trust the Sith, there was something about not knowing that was almost enough to drive him mad.

Hadn't it been too long already? Wouldn't they let him know if something had happened?

As his daughter played on a blanket in the middle of the floor, mostly beginning to become aware of her hands and her feet, Terrin's mind drifted off, concern rampant in his psyche.

What if something happened? This was Roan that they were talking about...what if...?

That lump that had been residing somewhere in his throat returned, threatening to burst. What would he do without her? And what about Darra?

He sighed, trying to silence these fears, trying to remind himself of the power of those he was allied with, who had his trust regarding the safety of one of the two people he loved more than life itself. Closing his eyes he reached out for his daughter, seeking warmth from her very small yet very contented being, wanting more than anything for his fears to be put to rest...

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 09-26-2002 03:23 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik listened to the words Shayla had just spoken to him, again marveling over the strength of this woman who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. He was about to speak as much when he noticed her eyes growing very distant and very concerned, as though she was seeing something that he could not.

Or perhaps she was feeling something that he couldn’t.

He reached out a reassuring hand and placed it on her shoulder, his brown eyes seeking an answer in her greeny-blues. But she did not yet say a word; rather she continued to keep her mind and heart focused on what had so suddenly grabbed her attention, paying no heed to the concern he was showing.

After a long quiet moment Erik at last spoke into the suddenly deafening silence, uttering one word in question and complete concern:

”Graysith?”

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-26-2002 03:30 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was all Shayla could do to draw herself far enough away from that which she was now feeling through her link with Graysith to answer at all. The very fact that she could sense a thing at all was indicitive of the fact that Roan’s chronotic shield had been destroyed, and that the mission had truly begun. She also sensed, through her Sister’s eyes, what indeed was occuring. Something deep inside of Shayla’s very own being, along with that something that had been planted within her mind, sang in unison with the tendrils of despair and utter terror Shayla now felt rising from her Teacher, her Sister, and her friend.

Shayla put every once of strength she could into the words she knew had to be spoken, knowing otherwise she would not be able to, at this point, speak them at all.

"Graysith is in trouble...they are all in trouble..." she started, her eyes darkening. Then she firmed, standing. "The bounty hunter has been downed, and Graysith has sent both he and Galen back to Prinn'chatka. They should in moments be reaching the shield, which Aelvedaar will most certainly drop to allow them passage."

As she continued to speak, her stance growing firmer by the moment, Erik stood with her. "You need to go find my brother. His healing abilities might be needed, and he'll need to let Captain Danner know what is occuring. I, meanwhile, must go to Lord Recinis, for certainly he will be going to the assistance of Graysith.

And, if I am allowed, I feel it may be necessary for me to do much the same."

With those words, Shayla departed to find the Sith Warrior, while her love headed for the presence of his future brother-in-law.

[ 09-26-2002 03:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 09-26-2002 03:42 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik didn't even have to find Shawn for him to know something was very amiss. Sensing the trouble immediately, Shawn scrambled to his feet and headed for the Temple, nearly knocking Erik head over heels as he barrelled through the door.

Their eyes met for but a moment, and they both responded to an unvocalized affirmative to head straight for Terrin Danner's suites. Shawn headed in with Erik on his heels, paying no heed to the shocked look on Terrin's face as he scrambled to his own feet, holding his daughter. Terror seemed to wash over every feature of his face as he read the concerned look in their eyes, and he opened his mouth to speak when Shawn quieted him with a preemptive wave of his hand.

"Galen and Tarnus will shortly be in the shield here on Prinn'chatka. There is trouble in Kamino; the bounty hunter has been downed and I am uncertain as to the extent of the...damage. Shayla and Lord Recinis are certainly on their way already to find out if they can assist on Kamino. But we need to assist here in the meantime..."

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-26-2002 04:28 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Petty thought, had there even been a place for it in the mind of Terrin Danner, was thrown like dust in the wind at the words he was hearing Shawn speak to him. His mind and his heart snapped into total alertness, his thoughts transcending the gap that called itself human self-centeredness to the planes of selflessness.

"Can you watch her for a moment?" Terrin asked, handing the little bundle that was his daughter to Erik, who shot him a look he chose for the moment to ignore. "And--" he started, hesitating as a brief moment of conflict hindered his next words. At length he got them out. "Stay nearby in case we need you...or my daughter."

He paused at that, pursing his lips before he continued. Then he directed his intense blue eyes into those of Shawn Petrolu. "We need to get to the spaceport and see how we can help," he said. Then, without a word, concern giving his feet wings, Terrin headed off for the Sith transport, not even turning to be assured that Shawn was behind him.

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-26-2002 07:56 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis' eyes clenched tighter. His immediate thought was to rush to aelvedaar and demand to be sent to her...
But that slight thread of him demanded he wait, it commanded him, and froze him in place. With a deep breath he drew upon yet another tendril of his strength, passing it to her, along with a silent message. "This will not be..."
With that he stood. For while he had all confedence in Jharmeens capabilities and strengths, he knew that in such times, no one could stand alone.
As he walked in he met up with shayla, whom he simple nodded to before continuing on, checking that his sword was securly in place...

Soon they found Aelvedaar. His eyes were ablaze with a fire which could not be matched in intencity, even by the burning abyss of hell.
"You must send me to her" he said simple, his words so blank, and under control, that one might have been given the impression that he cared little either way. But his eyes showed without a doubt that such things were not true. His Words had not been a requist, nor had they truly been a demand, they were simple a fact, that should any hope to dispute it, Recinis' fiery glare would melt them away in an instant.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.75
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-26-2002 08:19 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla stood firm next to Lord Recinis, her demeanor deceptively calm other than the fact her eyes shone with determination. Her next words came with not even a trace of hesitation. "I will go as well."

Without giving any reason, fully aware of the dangers of this task and fully accepting them, Shayla simply quieted at that and waited to see what would happen next.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 09-26-2002 10:49 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I bow my head to my Brother, instantly complying to his words. For I have all along been aware of the evil afoot on that far-away planet, and have watched while my Chosen One has finally confronted her nemesis, have seen the attack upon the bounty hunter, and have heard her heart-rending cry.

It is but a simple matter to open a portal through the All, and send Lord Recinis to the side of his Lady.

Now I turn to the Adept, who glowers at me as though the look alone would sway me. I hold up a pre-emptive hand.

"You have already seen how the Chosen Daughter has sent her sister and the hunter to us, and know how she has momentarily depleted her strengths by thus bringing them back as she did. And while the danger before her is grave, as we knew, to send you into a position where you may yourself only exacerbate matters by being in grave danger yourself is not fruitful. Nor is it logical to merely add more fuel to the fires already burning in Kamino."

I pause, pinning her furious eyes with my fiery ones, clearly seeing that inky blackness beginning to grow within her again.

"If you cannot tell me convincingly enough how you will serve to douse the flames rather than feed them, you must remain here with us at the command of the One who has taught you."

[ 09-26-2002 10:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-26-2002 11:10 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla closed her eyes in borderline defense, a despair that was not entirely hers yet seeking rise within her very being. She gave into those waves of despair, particularly the ones that Shayla was certain were hers, shuddering.

He had ruined her. She was useless to anyone, in her current state...

Completely useless...

...and somehow Shayla knew He knew what He had done very well.

She let the tidal wave of despair that rocked her shift to one of utter fury at being made so useless; and more than anything, of being made unable to assist the very one whom she so dearly wished to.

For only a brief moment did any of this show on Shayla's face. She firmed, opening her eyes, the only feature of her face which yet remained flooded with emotion. By all other appearances, she was completely calm.

"I...wish not to cause Her further harm..."

Shayla trailed, the despair rising despite her best efforts to hold it at bay. "I will remain here..."

[ 09-26-2002 11:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-26-2002 11:20 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow recinis to "behold a pale horse, thanks))

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.166
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 09-27-2002 12:10 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik was in the hallway holding the Danner child, disgusted at being left to wait once again, when out of no where a blur that looked alot like Shayla moved past him. He was fast enough to reach out a hand to stop her; had it not been for the fact he was very wise and had dug in his heels before doing such a thing, he would have been flat on the floor, baby and Shayla right on top of him.

By the look in Shayla's greeny-blue eyes, Erik knew what had happened. A slightly deeper inspection of that mental link he had with her confirmed this. By all outward appearances, excepting those greeny-blue eyes of hers, she was totally calm.

But Erik knew otherwise.

"Shayla, it's not your fault," he said at length, trying to think of anything to calm her. "Recinis will be more than capable of helping..."

At that he paused, waiting to see what she would have to say.

[ 09-27-2002 11:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-27-2002 12:17 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's look hardened. "I trust that he can help her," she said, her voice not faltering a bit, "But what matters is that I am a Sith Adept, and I can yet not assist the very one who teaches me without possibly endangering her own life even more."

She paused, her eyes now darkening. "He has destroyed me..."

For a long length of time not a word was spoken, and all she could do was look into those very concerned brown eyes of his and seek strength there.

But he had not what she, at this moment, needed.

"I..." she started, wavering for the very first time since he'd stopped her. "I must find the others who have gone to the spaceport. Perhaps I can actually be of some use there. You'd best remain here with the child."

The look she directed into his eyes left no room for objection; he merely squeezed her shoulder and then removed his hand, letting her whirl and head onward to the place she intended to go. And though she knew he couldn't see the tears now beginning to form and trickle down her cheeks as she left him there, Shayla knew that he most certainly could feel her despair...

[ 09-27-2002 12:26 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-27-2002 09:23 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin had just arrived in the spaceport as the little Sith ship that Galen had taken not so long ago gracefully landed on the tarmac. Others gathered behind him, including his crewmen and Shawn and Shayla Petrolu, but Terrin only had eyes for the ship, which had just landed without even so much as a thud. The moments seemed to tick by slower and slower as he waited, concern etching every feature of his face. At length, however, the hatch popped effortlessly open, and out of it stepped Galen, still wearing her black Sith flightsuit.

A fraction of another moment which was slightly awkward passed between them, and then Terrin just couldn't stand it any longer. He came to her, placing both hands on her shoulders, simply drinking in the sight of her, then enfolded her in an embrace. After a moment he pulled back a little, his blue eyes radiating concern.

"You allright?" Terrin asked quietly. "And," he continued, hesitating only a fraction of a second, "how is he?"

Terrin quieted at that, his blue eyes never leaving her big browns as he waited to see what she might have to say.

--------------------

~~Galen

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-28-2002 03:05 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((Continued from "behold a pale horse")

Within the city now, they merly went on their way, taking up aelvedaar in their wake as they went to place ShaRhylla quietly on a soft bed, all three looking down upon her in quiet wonderment...
Recinis wrapped an arm gentle about graysiths shoulders, speaking lightly to her. "Worry not, Jharmeen... For she has yet to experience all that she can... Her heart can be saved, her spirit can still choose the light... And if she chooses not, she will at least know that by us, she is loved... For this is truly all we can offer...and indeed, what a magnifisent gift it is..."

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.136
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-28-2002 03:12 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She leaned into his steady strength, still staring down upon her sleeping child. Then for a final time her slim hand reached out, and caressed her daughter's face. It lingered briefly upon her brow as, feeling its unnatural clamminess beneath her touch, a slight frown came into Graysith's demeanor. For a moment she closed her eyes, sensing with the All, sending a tendril of calmness twining down into ShaRhylla's being which investigated into every nook and cranny within her blackened soul before putting it into a more normal mode of sleep.

Graysith backed out of her daughter's essence, still frowning for the darkness she had sensed within it. She sighed, now physically leaning into Lord Recinis's strong arms.

"She truly sleeps," was all she said, bending quickly down to kiss ShaRhylla softly on her brow. Then with a little sigh she turned away, suddenly feeling as though the weight of the universe were on her shoulders.

Ignoring the presence of her Sire, she merely turned her violet gaze up into the vibrant on of her husband, and simply let her soul pour out into him through her eyes.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-28-2002 03:21 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis smiled for a moment, one of his small, simplistic smiles. reaching out with his own eyes to grasp fully her gaze. He could feel the wieght she felt, and with a slight thought he slowly gave himself over to her... For this was not her's to bare alone, no longer was there anything in this unverse which she would be forced to face alone, he would be there...always would he be there...

smiling softly once more he kissed her cheek lightly. "you should sleep as well, my love... You must rest, much have you been through in this short amount of time, these things can not be taken without a break..." without waiting for a reply he simple swept her up in his stride, nodding once to aelvedaar, silently asking him to stand guard of the child, and swept her away to thier room, which he had made sure was close to the room they placed ShaRhylla in.

within their room recinis slowly brought her down with him upon the bed, bringing her comfortably down upon one of the soft pillows he looked at her in the eyes, once more repeating those simple words to her... "rest now"

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.136
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-28-2002 03:51 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith continued to lose herself in his gaze as he gently laid her down and followed beside her, a wealth of conflicting emotions and personality levels all rushing through her in a kaleidoscopic jumble of Chosen Daughter, Warrior Lady, Mother of Child, and Child in Herself, all tumbling over and over amidst themselves as each one briefly strove to be at the fore, and none succeeded alone in the silent battle.

She finally settled on Jharmeen, and it was she who drew back just a bit to fully view her Lord's handsome features, and the concern and love so firmly planted upon them. One hand reached quietly up to gently caress his jawline as she whispered,

"In time she will learn to love you as her Father, even as I now love you, Recinis."

Then she tilted her head up to bestow upon him a sweet and lingering kiss, one all the sweeter for the fact that they were indeed back and safe together in Phrinnchatka. Indeed, mere hours ago that possibility seemed less than certain; now she only prayed that her daughter would respond to the sheer and simple sense of togetherness that Recinis and his Lady so openly shared. But on the heels of that brief concern came sudden reunion with the unique bond of utter love and assurety that her Lord shared with her, that deeply treasured knowledge that not only was he part of her, but was now a part of her daughter as well, and it was this simple understanding which managed to entirely waft away her worries and fears that she had somehow betrayed not merely her Sire but the entire Sith nation as a whole.

Abruptly, a heavy burden seemed to lift from her shoulders, and her eyes began to droop in spite of themselves.

Now snuggling against Recinis's broad chest, laying her ear upon his heart, she allowed her eyes to close, and letting out a little sigh wafted off to sleep, gently born there upon the rhythmic cadence of their hearts beating together as one.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-28-2002 11:56 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's eyes defocused as new information traveled from the link she shared with Graysith.

"Events have taken a turn," Shayla said into the quiet moment. "Roan has suddenly departed, leaving Rhylla to us, believing that, because her hand was stayed by Lord Recinis, she is weak. They have returned here with her, and she is not yet aware of what has transpired, for she sleeps."

At that she quieted, drawing gazes ranging from surprise to concern from all but two in the spaceport.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-28-2002 12:10 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin was aware of Shayla's words and nodded once to confirm that he had heard them, but he only had eyes for Galen. Unconsciously his grip about her tightened a fraction, seeking to lend her support and reassurance.

Maybe after what had happened she believed he might be angry. And perhaps he had been a little hurt, and was certainly more than just a little bit worried and frightened after having to choose her sanity over her safety...

...but angry? No.

He continued to hold her close, his eyes never leaving hers as he silently strove to flood all the warmth and love and understanding he could into her. At length he quietly whispered a single word as if to prompt her to trust him. "Galen?"

--------------------

~~Galen

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 09-28-2002 02:52 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
All I could do was shake my head, a relatively simple gesture that I had been unconsciously repeating over and over ever since the Sith ship not only abruptly appeared all around me, but appeared in its entirety in the middle of what looked to be an all too steep trajectory to come anywhere close to safe landing on K'eel Doba. I honestly don't know what part of me had responded to that, but somehow I had managed to get into the navigator's chair where my hands reached out literally of their own accord to play a tune upon the controls. Nothing else crossed the tabula rasa of my stunned mind other than that: get this ship down, and get it down safely. I didn't even consider in the slightest just how I was going to contact Aelvedaar, didn't bother to wonder if he already had tabs on me, just as my mind likewise shied away from the silent form laying across the seat next to me.

Just get her down.

The next thing I was consciously aware of was standing in the spaceport, Terrin's arms around me, his blue eyes looking down into mine. He was saying something; another little inner shake of my head, and his last word came into my ears:

"Galen..."

I opened and closed my mouth voicelessly a couple of times, still not quite able to grasp that I was indeed standing where and with who I was. All I could see was the hideous sight of Him, standing there with that young and oh so haughty girl... all I could remember was the look in His eyes when the young girl with him had raised her hand and blasted Sorben...

He had tried to defend us. He had tried to defend me!

...and then everything had erupted into a whirligig of actions and cries and shouts and noises and overlaid upon it all were those horrible turquoise eyes of His momentarily staring directly into mine as suddenly there was a blaster in my hand and I was pointing it....

I trembled a little, wrapping my arms around myself in the enclosure of Terrin's arms, a block rising up in my thoughts to keep any others from taking form, but they persisted.

I pointed that blaster to kill that blot on the face of the universe because I just knew he had killed Sorben. But was that indeed the final reason?

The mental block slammed home at that, and I pulled out of Terrin's arms, still shaking my head. I didn't know what to think, everything had happened too damned fast. But finally some of Terrin's first words to me wormed through the confusion into coherency. I glanced up at him.

"No, I'm not all right," I whispered, fresh tears springing to my eyes as I then turned to where Shawn and Shayla were moving from the ship dragging Sorben's limp form between them. I hesitated just a moment longer before I stepped out to follow where they were taking him.

[ 09-28-2002 02:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05