my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » With Wings Like Eagles (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: With Wings Like Eagles
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-04-2002 01:22 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla frowned at Loban, one small long-fingered hand flying out to suddenly lay on his arm. Her greeny blue eyes demanded the attention of his blue ones, and she shook her head at him marginally, letting her eyes speak the rest of the story.

Shayla knew the feelings coursing through this young woman. Knew them all too well. Feelings of utter loss of complete betrayal, let alone self-pity and projected hatred of practically everything.

Aside from one someone in particular; where he had completely rejected her she yet clung to him, seeking to prove herself, uncaring as whom she might have to step on to get there...

Yes, indeed, you are a Roan...

...but you do not understand that the great powers you have must be used for the GREATER GOOD, and not for your own wishes and desires.

Shayla's hand again flew out, this time gently yet firmly reaching out to ShaRhylla. Her greeny-blue eyes locked onto the young ones, demanding attention.

They flared in greeny-blue life. "Do you seek home, or something else entirely?" Shayla whispered quietly, her tone demanding an answer.

[ 10-04-2002 01:25 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-04-2002 01:30 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was everything ShaRhylla could do to keep herself from instinctively jerking away from Shayla's touch. Gritting her teeth with the effort, she managed to remain where she was, locking her turquoise eyes onto those of her mother's Adept.

Eternities passed in the look she gave her. Then--

"I wish to go home," she whispered, then fell silent, letting her hands fall loosely into her lap. Her face fell down, her hair tumbling to hide her features as she appeared to be quietly studying her fingers, every so often letting out with an involuntary sob or a soft little hiccup.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-04-2002 01:46 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla could clearly sense the feelings welling up inside this one, although there just might be a small part of something there that could be put to good use, if she was reached before that something was pointed in the entirely wrong direction.

And the only way to reach a person was right on their own level.

And right now, ShaRhylla's level was a complete pity for herself, and a complete hatred for every single person here.

Shayla reached out, grasping Rhylla's chin with her hand and forcing her to again meet her turquiose eyes with Shayla's greeny-blue ones.

"This is home, ShaRhylla. You have been chosen to be here, for your own good, despite your unwillingness to see that." Shayla answered quietly.

"And you will not find us as easily manipulated as you seem to think," she added in a quiet yet firey whisper.

[ 10-04-2002 01:50 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-04-2002 01:56 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's eyes slitted like those of a cat.

Not deigning to grace the response with a verbal one of her own, she chose instead to fling Shayla's own little gamepiece right back into her face.

Pinning her eyes directly into Shayla's own, she let something black and noisome flow between them.

"Then you have made an enemy of yourself to me, and for all time..." She seemed to pause momentarily, reaching deep into herself, into a memory not of her own yet somehow planted there for her use. Smiling a great crocodile smile from the essence of her heart, yet not letting a lick of this break through onto her tearstained face, she completed her the statement she had shot into Shayla's mind:

"...whelp."

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-04-2002 02:03 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban had remained quiet...

Then, he spoke up, and addressed ShaRhylla..."Are you able to walk?"

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.154.168
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-04-2002 02:08 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's look darkened in response, clearly understanding that ShaRhylla's thoughts were not entirely her own, regardless of the fact that she had been removed from her Father.

But Shayla was not quite so responsive to words.

Her anger was a righteous one, fortunately not fueled with justice so therefore barely able to ignite the waning despair in her being that had been placed there.

See you not how your thoughts are not even your own? You respond with words implanted in you, you have memories that aren't even of experiences you have had.

He manipulated you. And when you failed him, he rejected you. And here you have been chosen...

...but it is your choice alone to accept.

At that Shayla's thoughts cut off, hearing Loban's words and being careful to pay heed to all that was occuring.

[ 10-04-2002 02:10 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-04-2002 02:17 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's look became impossibly darker. Now a particularly oily type of smile snaked across her face as, in a movement which was quick and graceful, she turned about and let her legs dangle over the edge of the bed upon which she had been laid. For a moment she remained thus, her feet dangling, the very air crackling with the discharge emanating from her violet-ringed eyes.

She hopped from the bed to stand strong before Shayla and Loban.

"I am quite able to walk!" she snapped, hurling one last lengthy and raven-haunted look into Shayla's eyes. Then she whirled about and stalked from the house, all the while berating herself for her momentary weakness in nearly allowing herself to fall before the myriad seductive words so recently spoken to her.

By anyone.

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-04-2002 02:23 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He quickly followed her exit, and gave her something to listen to...

"ShaRhylla, wait..."

He ran, and cought up to her quite easily... the hard part was to make her listen...

"I still wish to help you off of this world... I apologize for the way I behaved earlier... which, someone of your grace and class does not deserve... you deserve respect, but I played with you, because I do that with those I care about... that is all I have to say, take it how you will..." He then came to a stop, quieted, and nealt on the ground...

[ 10-04-2002 02:29 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.154.168
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-04-2002 02:29 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She whirled and affixed Lo-Ban with an intense look.

"Then tell me NOW how it is we can accomplish this, and TAKE ME THERE AT ONCE!" she breathed in a whisper a hair shy of shattering the very night. "For I greatly tire of this place.

"But beware, do not fail me."

Then she paused, as if noting for the first time Lo-Ban's humble position before her. The glare on her face softened minutely.

"But stand by me in good faith...." She did not finish the statement but let it crawl to a stop somewhere en route of a wealth of possibilities toward which it had been heading.

[ 10-04-2002 02:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-04-2002 02:46 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"We must head through the city, and out to the very edge of this shield that holds us in... then, we shall see..."

Lo-Ban then started to walk toward the outskirts of city,"No need to run, and catch attention to ourselves... tell me, is there room for another force user, in your quest..." He then quieted, and looked towards his path, waiting for ShaRhylla to reply...

--------------------

Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-04-2002 02:46 AM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea was about to reply to Loban's promise to watch over her - and his affirmation that Logan was alright - he had to be, when the girl came over and sat with them. Knowing not to interupt her elders when they spoke she simply sat listening quietly but something was nagging at her - the girl seemed so like the little baby she had cared for those many long months on that ship where she had been held hostage; it almost seemed that they were the same person though that was impossible, Wasn't it? She sat so absorbed in her own thoughts eating the food Loban had so kindly brought her that she didn't even notice that the two of them had left until they were long gone. She glanced around the room quickly - just in time to see another familiar figure leaving - one that chilled her to the core. Thea had no idea where Loban had gone but she could feel Shayla, and she could tell she was close. Carefully getting up she followed the pull of her friend right to her quaters, only to find that Loban and the girl were there too - and they seemed to be arguing. When the girl stormed out past her and Loban followed she shrunk into the house carefully - almost afraid to disturb Shayla - very afraid of what her one time friend would think of her now. For a moment she just looked up at her then glanced back debating whether to stay or to run to Loban though she didn't wish to interupt him. Finally she collected her couraged and turned back to the woman before her.

"Shayla, do you remember me? Do you know where the others are? If they are alive?"

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-04-2002 03:16 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow ShaRhylla and Loban into A Strangely Hollow Universe in this forum, thank you.))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-04-2002 10:50 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
There was no time for discussion.

Shayla had been in the process of pursuing ShaRhylla and the very wayward Loban when she realized what they planned.

Damn. This was no good. Did Loban have any idea...any idea!?...what he was getting himself into?

"Yes, I remember you Thea," Shayla said at length, her words actually gentle. "The other Jedi..." She hesitated a moment, not wanting to upset the child. Then, "The other Jedi I am uncertain about. But there may be one who can help you here. He's my brother, and he's a Jedi," she said, smiling, seeking to reassure the little one who had to be at somewhat of a loss here in Prinn'chatka.

With that, she simply picked up Thea Morgan and brought her to her brother. "Thea," Shayla said, "This is my brother Shawn Petrolu--Shawn, a little friend of mine from my tenure at the Praxeum. I'd love to stay and introduce you better, but there seems to be some trouble that demands my attention. You two get aquainted while I go look after it?" she said.

Then, without another word she gently sat little Thea in Shawn's lap and headed out, sensing outward, and following closely behind ShaRhylla and Loban, all the while sending news of what was occuring through the link she shared with Graysith.

I am willing to follow, but I fear more damage has been done than Loban ever intended...perhaps more than I intended. But there was something dark and very deceptive I sensed in her...she is using him, and he is allowing her to do so. She doesn't need a someone she can use at the moment; she needs someone who can be a friend yet stand up to her at the same time, I think. Should you wish me to return, I shall. If not, I shall continue onward. I think I know what they plan...

Sensing this, Shayla diverted course slightly, now heading for the Sith spaceport, her mind still clearly focused on that sense that was Loban Kenobi and ShaRhylla Roan...

[ 10-04-2002 11:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-04-2002 11:01 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin had checked their Temple suites and Sith home to find Galen simply because they were the most obvious of places to look for her first. Not that he expected she'd be there; if she wanted space it wouldn't be highly likely for her to go somewhere that he might show up.

And this wasn't about him showing up to envade her space or intrude upon the time she needed. This was about him making sure she knew where he was if she needed him, and making sure he knew where she was should something happen.

He thought a moment about the likelyhood of where Galen had gone; either she was somewhere within the city or had gone to the Temple. Problem was, both were pretty big, and with the way things seemed to shift so suddenly Terrin really didn’t feel he had the time to try to figure out where she was on his own.

And there were ways to find out where she was without ever disturbing her. And, at this point, Terrin thought this might be the best thing to do. Of course, at some point he might have to be the one to take the first step...

Deciding that, Terrin headed for the small Sith home where Shayla and Shawn had been assisting Sorben Tarnus, surprised that Shayla was missing and that the little girl from the Temple was now perched in Shawn Petrolu’s lap.

Terrin’s blues met Shawn’s greeny-blues in question. Shawn seemed to read his question before he ever asked it, clearly understanding what he was thinking.

“She’s in the Temple,” was all Shawn said.

Terrin nodded, turning to head back for the Temple.

If she was in the Temple, he was going to at least be close by if needed...

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-04-2002 11:38 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn looked down into the very quizzical and very concerned blue eyes of the little Thea. He smiled to her, his words gentle, his aura a calming one. "You will be safe here," he said. Then, his eyes turning a bit sad, "I am afraid of what has happened to our other Jedi friends, but you can trust me to see to your continued education.

Tell me, Miss Thea Morgan, how did you get tanled into all this..."

...mess...?

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-04-2002 11:54 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin was headed back for the Temple when a really fast moving Shayla Petrolu nearly slammed into him. He gathered his wits about himself, managing not to knock her over and at the same time managing not to topple backwards himself. He could tell from the look in her eye that there was trouble without a word being spoken.

His hackles raised. "What the hell is going on now?" he said, his look demanding an answer.

Shayla quickly filled him in, surprising Terrin slightly.

Sith strategist or no, he'd never expected Shayla to trust him to tell him a single thing.

But then again, what reason did she have not to trust him? He was under the shield after all, he would find out what was going on one way or another.

He cocked his head, arching an eyebrow as he looked down on her. "You'll never get through the shield without Graysith. You know as well as I do where that kid is headed."

He shuddered a bit at that, not believing the stupidity of Loban Kenobi.

Kid is gonna get his head ripped off...or worse...

...It's so not comforting to know how that kid continues to stray on his own path, regardless of what he sees and hears here.

"Either Graysith will have to bring down the chronotic shield or we will have to wait and see if Roan lowers it himself," Terrin reiterated. "But yes, something's gotta be done. As much as I worry about her being here, I'd worry just a little bit more if Roan gets her back."

Shayla seemed to roll her eyes, perturbed by the interruption.

Terrin raised his hands in surrender. "Just telling you te facts," he pointed out. "I'm headed back for the Temple, where I feel I might be needed," he added. "You'd best get a move on anyway. If you can stop them before they ever get out of the shield here, that would be the very best route."

At that he headed off, leaving Shayla behind, wondering just where this next little incident might take them.

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-04-2002 12:59 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith sat with Recinis at the foot of the stone altar at the apex of the Temple of Phrinnchatka, staring quietly into the flickering Flame of Ancients which was never allowed to go out. Here it was she had allowed herself to be drawn by her husband after the child had run from them, only to be taken by Lo-Ban Kenobi and carried off somewhere she sensed was close by. She and Recinis had come close to following hot on his heels, knowing the vulnerable position ShaRhylla was in at the time, having only just recently been shown all too clearly the difference between incredible loneliness and even more incredible love, a love ready to give to her if she would only accept it. But Recinis had stayed their course, directing them to this ever-burning altar instead.

"There was something this young man had been about to pull forth from her earlier, my dear Jharmeen," he had told her. "Let him continue now unimpeded by us. For to follow may be interpreted as our being distrustful and possessive in her eyes."

And so they had turned from Lo-Ban's retreating footsteps and had come to the altar, where they had sat enwrapped with each other, quietly passing their thoughts and gentle kisses back and forth, sharing the love which only strengthened with each passing moment, readying it to be offered in even greater magnificence to the wayward daughter of Jharmeen Jhin'Dar Q'utaro.

That something was simply not right struck Graysith square between the eyes, causing the Glyph on her forehead to burst into life.

Shayla was sending a warning... there was a problem...

ShaRhylla!

Now a great sigh heaved from her breast, and she turned to Recinis. "My dear husband, I am afraid that what you attempted with my child may have failed. Even now she flees from the city, or rather is attempting to do so, with the assistance of the young Lo-Ban Kenobi."

She sighed again, not so much for their flight-- for indeed, it was destined to end in failure. How in the name of all the Ancient Lords did they expect to get out from under the shield? Thus it was not their running together which caused her the greatest distress: it was the fact that the girl was running at all.

Recinis had come so close... so close. That she herself had seen clearly enough in ShaRhylla's mere reaction, not even needing the unending link to her husband to sense this. She had been on the teetering apex of vulnerability at that moment, able to slide in either direction.

Was she now truly sliding into the blackness of her own self-imposed rage and continued loneliness? Or was she yet running away from a love she still deeply sensed she could have, one which so obviously was frightening her to the very core of her being?

Perhaps to save her soul much more would have to be risked than anyone here possibly imagined....

She turned a final time to Recinis, losing herself in the brilliance of his emerald eyes, reaching out now to lay a gentle hand along the strong planes of his face.

"Forgive the child her errant path, my love," she whispered up to him softly. "As well as the path I now lead us upon, should it indeed prove to be in error."

She reached up to give him a lingering kiss. Then drawing back, she sent forth a tendril of herself to Shayla.

"Let them go...."

She then stepped gracefully out, drawing her husband with her by the hand. "Come my dear Recinis, let us go now to my Adept that she may tell us all of what has happened, and that we might then come to the correct solution regarding this latest dilemma now rising before us."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-04-2002 02:04 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla nodded, understanding Graysith's direction.

No need to plot a course in this matter unless they knew just what they were all doing.

At length she met with Graysith and Lord Recinis, and she lowered her head respectfully to them both. She went directly to what had happened. "Lo-Ban brought your daughter to me, believing she was injured. She talked of home, of wanting to be there; I honestly believe she is feeling betrayed by her father, although I could be wrong. I am unsure what she intends, but I'm almost certain Loban believes he can help her get out of the Prinn'chatka shield," Shayla ended, waiting to see what would be made of this.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 10-04-2002 02:05 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Force-sense or no, trouble was easy to smell. Terrin had been walking at a fairly reasonable pace when Shayla had once again passed him up, so he trailed her just a bit, at length coming up behind she, Graysith, and Lord Recinis. He cocked his head slightly, listening to all that was proceeding, all the while still wondering where in the name of the Fates Galen was staying in the Temple.

Someone should let her know what is going on. She was trying to help with ShaRhylla before, she is learning to trust...

...shouldn't someone extend that same trust to her by keeping her informed, even when she should stay here in the safety Prinn'chatka was offering her?

He kept this in his mind for the moment, making note to state as much as soon as there was a lull in the conversation where he could interject.

Then as he heard Shayla's words, he frowned.

How the hell did Loban Kenobi think HE was going to get through the shield here? And was he really that oblivious as to what he was headed for?

And what exactly did Graysith's daughter have planned after Roan had simply left her by the wayside? Was she aware of that fact, or not?

Terrin's frown deepened as he considered all these things, sensing very clearly that this new threat could involve far more than two people residing here.

At last he interjected. "So then what do we plan to do about this?" he asked, a sudden and quite natural worry beginning to niggle in the corners of his mind.

--------------------

~~Galen

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-04-2002 02:10 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith remained silent a moment longer, letting Shayla's words fall into her ears. She was somewhat surprised at the manner in which the Adept had come barrelling up to them, Terrin Danner coming shortly after. She and Recinis had scarcely descended from the top of the Temple when their paths had crossed; indeed, there was little need for such haste in the matter.

"We are aware of this already, Shayla," she finally said softly. "Whether Loban believes he can leave Phrinnchatka and whether he actually can are two different matters entirely; I do not see how he can manage this feat, when I myself cannot drop the shield my Sire has raised.

"And as for the betrayal which my daughter feels... this was presented to her by my Lord and husband. It is a trouble no one may help her with; she must come to her own conclusions regarding it by her own device. Anything other than that would be seen as a devious attempt on our part to use her in some manner."

She then directed an intense violet gaze past Shayla and into the eyes of Captain Danner.

"And as for what we are going to do about all this, why at the moment Captain...

"Nothing... until the Dark Lord of the Warriors has his say."

With that she fell silent, one brow crooked upwards, turning her gaze back to Recinis to gain his input in all of this.

[ 10-04-2002 02:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-04-2002 06:35 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis was thinking, his thoughts racing through the passages his mind presented at unknown speeds. He quickly found a door within his concious which had not been fully opened in a long time... and as that door swoung open, his eyes burst into an emerald flame.

"This will be dealt with now... She has within her all the knowledge of herself, yet acredits it to all the wrong things, No longer will she be blind, A warrior her father was, and a warrior she is... Blindness is NOT exceptable."

With that he quietly spun, he had taken all he could stand of Roans corruptness, of roans dark and tainting spirit, and that spirit would be destroyed now...

Within his fiery wake he was not sure if any did follow, though most would probably be stunned by the aura of controlled rage which flowed about him now.

indeed his form as it walked at a pace none could hope to match, seemed a strang combination of angelic, and demonic, For within that stride lay possibilities of unleashing the brightest light, but also such a presence assured a never ending darkness to all that opposed.

Easily he followed the two children who fled so simply, his mind was racing, he had been in close contact with each, and knew thier emotions well.

he knew not where they would go, but in no time at all, he would be upon them... And when that happened, roan would be destroyed... The burning passion within his eyes assured that that was so, no room was thier in that gaze for other opinions.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.215
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-04-2002 06:59 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea was glad that Shayla remembered her, but her quickness startled the child a little - she wasn't used to seeing that at the Praxeum. But Shayla did bring her to a Jedi, finally a real Jedi again, she knew she was safe now. He spoke to her and she relaxed almost immediately, a Jedi's voice was so calming.

"You will be safe here I am afraid of what has happened to our other Jedi friends, but you can trust me to see to your continued education.
Tell me, Miss Thea Morgan, how did you get tanled into all this..."

Thea looked up at the Jedi, gently cradling her, and tried to remember and use all she had been taught of calming herself as she simply answered.

"I was with Master Jeroc and Shayla when she was kidnapped by that evil woman. Somehow I could tell where she was even though Masters Jeroc and Cella said they could not, they took me with them to rescue her but it failed. Then I was taken but they rescued me quickly and took me back to the Praxeum. I stayed there with Logan for quite a while. I think... I think I was even making progress in my studies, then right before my birthday this thing came and took me, a horrible creature cutting and biting into me... He took me to this even more horrible man-creature thing, who left me to care for a baby on this ship going far away from everyone I knew. I couldn't sense anyone any longer - it frightened me. Then it gets a bit fuzzy, I ended up in a prison somewhere and this ancient soceror, I can't remember his name rescued me from there only to hand me over to Loban who brought me here. When he ran off after some teenage girl I followed Shayla's... well I could feel where she was and I followed that to her, and now she's brought me here to you. That is all I know, Master Petrolu. I'm just glad to be back with a Jedi and to have a chance to learn again. All I've ever wanted to be is a Jedi, Master, really."

Thea dropped her eyes knowing how hagrid she looked, her Praxeum clothes were torn and stained and her hair had fallen loose in a massive mess of knots and tangles. Her face was smugged and filthy, and she was covered in bruises and cuts. She hoped the Jedi wouldn't find that to be a reflection on her work at the Praxeum, somehow she was sure he wouldn't. After all he was a Jedi.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-04-2002 07:55 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn cupped the little one's chin in his hand, drawing her eyes to look into his. "You need not worry about what is in the past any longer," he said simply. Then "I will teach you to use your Force abilities, and not simply to be a Jedi. For even the Jedi have misconceptions of things that they simply do not understand.

"And despite initial appearances, Shayla's "captor," Graysith, is not an evil woman. The Sith are not what we have been taught, my young learner. I encourage you to watch carefully; only then can you truly see.

"And, in the meantime," he said, realizing how she felt about her torn and tattered clothing and dirty hair, "You can clean up here in this little Sith home and possibly find you some clothing, although I must warn you the conveniences of Sith homeliving are quite different than what we in the galaxy are used to..."

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-04-2002 09:04 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis stopped suddenly, his mind being put to a stop as suddenly he could no longer feel loban, or ShaRhylla...

Deep within that door he had so brashly opened slammed shut, the fires of his eyes subsiding into thier normal calm, almost glassy appearance.

With a deep breath he released all that he was holding, now longer was it the time for such things, actions must be made.

turning suddenly he sprinted back to where he had left the others, a now saddened look within his eyes. "she has been taken, and young loban as well..."

Turning suddenly he took them within his now calm, and control wake, wrapping an arm about jharmeen once more, quietly moving to the meeting area where he knew he would find alevedaar, and perhaps all others that were not with him, This was indeed a grave sitiuation... For the shield was gone.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.145
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-04-2002 09:10 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's blood ran cold as she suddenly felt the outside Universe once again.

And no Loban Kenobi. No ShaRhylla. But that particular fact wasn't quite as disturbing as the fact that anyone had ever been able to lower the shield.

For if things were as she had been taught, and unless there was more than she knew about this, something was horribly, horribly wrong...

Shayla shuddered again, wrapping her cloak about herself despite the fact there was not even a chill in the air and quietly followed the others in to a drawing table once more, sending out alerts regarding a new trouble to her brother and her love.

[ 10-04-2002 09:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05