my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » With Wings Like Eagles (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: With Wings Like Eagles
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-29-2002 11:59 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis smiled a bit to himself as he felt the worry flow away from her slight form, holding her lovingly about her waist as they walked along the city streets, admiring the strange beauty which it presented them.
As they walked down the streets recinis felt that somewhere someone's feelings of strange anger, and utter dispair, even a bit of loathing and lonleyness, were suddenly replaced by utter joy...

Quietly he quested out with a tendrel of the force, slowly finding who it was held such feelings, and a brief smile crossed his face once more... For sisters they truly where... each had found reliefe from something haunting them, connected beyond what even they could realize...
he squeezed Jharmeen gently at that. Changing thier course slightly, so they would not intercept, and possibly interupt galans moment of joy, for during her stay in this city, such moments had been few for her, and hopefuly, this would be one of the first, of many to come...
With a slight turn in his mental pathway's he returned his thoughts down the road consisting of Jharmeen, and himself, together always, the return to that wonderful place bringing once more a soft swelling to his heart, one which could never be deflated...

As they continued on a waft of sleepieness crossed into Recinis concious, and with a bit of a chuckle, and a light grin he quickly, and surprisingly scouped Jharmeen into his arms, turning into a sith home, carrying her through the doorway as a groom might his bride on thier wedding night, finding a soft bed and seting her down upon it quietly, and soon joining her on its luxurious comfort.

Smiling brightly as he spoke, his words came out filled with a gentle calmness, and all the love and caring in his heart.

"Let us stay here for the night Jharmeen... a night away from all others so we might not be disturbed by any idle callings, or pointless disruptions."

with that he gently wrapped his arms about her, drawing her into him as if they were two pieces to a puzzle, each complementing the other, snuggling warmly on a bed, so soft it could only be made by a sith hand.

He then set upon her a soft, lingering kiss before speaking once more. "i love you my dear Jharmeen, let yourself be free..." he smiled then, letting his eyes fall deeply into her own, complete joy evedent in his own eyes at being able to simple live forever in those soft violite orbs, which represented a doorway into the very place he loved most to dwell... Her soul, her heart, her love... All the things in this world he so cherished most, and that cherished feeling came simply because it was her... And with her he knew he was complete, and such a wonderus completment it was... indeed, he loved her more then any save her would ever be able to comprehend.

[ 09-30-2002 12:00 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.67
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-30-2002 12:24 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A small and almost errant thought strove to poke through the explosion of love now coursing through Graysith's body. It sent it's tiny yet persistent voice creeping about in her head, twining past the joy, filtering through the love until it at last made itself heard to them both:

"What of ShaRhylla?"

Then the Glyph on Graysith's forehead flared in a softly radiant glow as the answer to that question came directly on its heels, an answer she knew which came not of her own thoughts nor of Recinis's, but from the wonderful and nearly indescribable union which they were together:

Let her then find her own way within the Temple, and the city as well. Let her discover the first step in knowing the love we have for her, that there are no fetters or chains upon her, nor doors to lock her in, nor hands to grasp and force her in one direction. Let her be free to discover this freedom.

With that, Jharmeen Q'utaro let herself simultaneously go limp and flare out in all directions in the pure joy of the moment, as the love of her husband entered into her being to take her upon even greater heights of ecstasy... one begun when he had managed to utterly surprise her by literally sweeping her off her feet, to bear her away into this quiet corner of the world, to then offer to her yet another wondrous new chapter to read in the Book they were still writing together. A Book without ending; they would pen it for eternity....

Seeking that eternity with him now, that this moment would not end, Graysith merely smiled and whispered up into Recinis's ears, "Again you have succeeded in freeing me from the moment of our daily trials, my dearest husband. Do you know how much it is that I love you?"

Then the Lady Q'utaro lifted her lips and her arms to her husband, and let him continue to sweep her utterly and cleanly away with him.

[ 09-30-2002 11:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 09-30-2002 12:31 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin walked about the streets of Prinn'chatka aimlessly, his mind and his heart elsewhere. When he'd left the Sith home what seemed like hours ago, Shayla and Shawn had still been working on Sorben with little Darra perched atop him, her big blue eyes wide and full of life.

And Galen nowhere to be found.

Terrin finally decided to step completely away from the matter for the time being, his heart heavy with the thoughts of another man possibly dying while taking a place he felt he should have been there to fill.

What had prompted an attack on Sorben Tarnus like that, anyway? Had Roan tried to get his claws on Galen again...?

Dear gods, he had to know she was alive now...

Terrin shuddered at the very thought. He strayed from it, angry that he hadn't been there, unsure of what the ramifications for that might be.

She's in love with Tarnus, and you know it, a damnable shoulder devil popped up and spouted. That's what you get for falling in love with someone who loves someone else, Danner! And then YOU didn't even have the nerve to go and protect her...

...her ex did!

Terrin's pace slowed a little and he closed his eyes a moment, trying to sort out the thoughts that were whirling through his brain.

It was never, ever, ever that he didn't want to be there to protect her. Rather it was because he had chosen her freedom to gain peace of mind over everything else.

And what if Roan had gone after her and you had taken the fall? That would have really given her peace of mind, now wouldn't it have, buster?

But again the devil persisted. Wouldn't have mattered. She doesn't love you like she loves him. You are just second best...

He sighed at that, mentally flicking the devil that kept badgering him as far away as he possibly could.

He couldn't believe that, at least not yet. He trusted Galen enough that she would be honest with him about this, no matter how much it would hurt him. And after all, a whole Hell of alot just came down the spacelanes and landed right into her lap...

...kinda hard to figure out just HOW you feel when emotions are slamming you from every direction fathomable.

It's too soon to know what will happen. Cross one bridge at a time, as they come. And in the meantime sincerely pray that Sorben Tarnus can be revived.

After all, Galen had never wanted anyone to take a fall for her--except perhaps herself.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 09-30-2002 12:51 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Somewhere deep down inside of me, something approximating a groan tried to lift up it's grimacing little face to be heard. It froze in its tracks at the effort involved, somehow stuck, afraid to move out of my lips or back down into my stomach. And so it merely sat where it was, the biggest and most unswallowable lump I had ever felt in my throat, nearly choking me... as was the slightly dimmer-than-usual dewback, who seemed to be taking up housekeeping on my chest.

Now if someone would be so kind as to get the blasted thing back to its wallow, I'd be more than appreciative and would then be able to get down to the business of figuring out just what in Hell's Seven Circles had happened to me.

I won't say that I've ever felt worse than I did right now, but Fates know I've certainly felt better. The last time I felt remotely as awful as I did at the moment had been that time Galen and I had decided to partake of Quee's absentee hospitality, only then I at least had the 9700 credits worth of Alderaanian wine under my belt in compensation. But now....

I tried the groan again, and this time it managed to sigh out from between my lips. Immediately I felt cool hands on me; someone was then trying to say something to me, but strive as hard as I might I just couldn't make out the words.

All of a sudden it was just too much of an effort altogether to even think of listening, let alone try and decipher what the words were saying. The dewback seemed to shift its weight obligingly as well, now perching upon my eyes which although still closed, suddenly became impossibly heavy.

Time to figure it out later, now it was time for this bounty hunter to check out the inside of those heavy lids for awhile. Cuz I sure couldn't have opened up my eyes if I wanted to at this point; it was soooo much easier to keep them closed, and to begin to drift--

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-30-2002 12:54 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla smiled a soft little relieved smile, a hand now on the brow of the injured bounty hunter.

Injured. Not dead. Just injured. Thank the Maker...

"He sleeps," she whispered quietly, channeling to him as much comfort and warmth as she could. Then she looked to little Darra, who had been quite contented through all of this to simply remain where she was, occasionally kicking and cooing happily. Shayla rubbed her on the back softly, then returned her attentions to the injured man.

"We could get all this heavy gaunleting and chest armor off him," she observed. "Might relieve some of the pressure," she ended with, looking to Shawn.

He simply nodded and they went to work, waiting, yet remaining in place to provide all of the assistance that they could.

[ 09-30-2002 12:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-30-2002 10:21 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis accepted her soft embrace quietly, allowing yet another warm rush of comfort flow up and down his spine. Deep within his chest he could feel that soft, and insistant beat which simbolized thier joined hearts, the union of thier love an insistant little thrumming in his essence, a thrumming which he could distinctly feel in her essence as well.
As thier lips parted for a moment recinis examined that light feeling within him, and quickly joined with her in a loving embrace again, letting the warmth spread again through them both again... Untill slowly thier conciousness faded into the night, thier lips still pressed lightly together, thier arms still embracing eachother, their minds slowly subsiding into a sleep, which only served to bind them more, as they begun to share a joyus dream...

[ 09-30-2002 10:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.154
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 10-01-2002 12:08 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I caromed up to the home where Sorben had been taken and entered it on the fly, coming to a screeching halt just inside where I stood expectantly, panting. There before me Sorben still lay, quiet on the couch where his bearers had put him, his armor now off and his face still somehow strong despite his vulnerable position in slumber.

For although he appeared as silent as he had been when I had left, I could just tell by the look in Shayla's eyes when she turned her face up into mine that he was indeed now in the stage of true and restorative sleep.

Dad always said the universe was open, and now I knew it to be true, for I could feel it literally exanding as it moved out and away from the place upon my heart where it had been laying. I let out a deep sigh of thanks to Khaandon, and then a more mundane and verbal one to those present in the room.

"Thank you," I said quietly, somehow uncomfortable around Shayla for how I had treated her earlier. I looked into her greeny-blue eyes, then shifted my glance quickly away; time for apologies later, if the time came for them. I mean, a more thorough one than the purely heartfelt one I had just uttered....

I blinked, then moved up to Sorben quietly and laid my hand on his chest. He didn't move an inch, but snored on uninterrupted. I smiled down at him, the joy in my soul pressing outward even more until I couldn't stand to hold it in any longer. I simply bent down and kissed his cheek.

Then I gathered my daughter up into my arms, and turned to leave.

"Tell him we'll come calling when he's up to visitors," I said as I headed to the door. Then, a spring in my step which hadn't been there for what seemed simply ages, I left to take JhinDarra home.

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-01-2002 12:26 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Time passed.

Insufferably.

At length ShaRhylla sat up in her bed, her face reddened and puffy from the effects of her tantrum. All about lay yet more shards and splinters, attesting to the strength of her latest caterwaul; she merely shrugged, deeming the destruction of priceless objects d' art as unworthy of her attentions.

Then she slid out of bed, stalking the perimeters of the room to determine what it yet held that was in one piece. A gigantic wardrobe lurked in a shadowy corner; going to it she flung it open, rummaging around to finally draw back with a pale aqua gown of sheer star-sprinkled gossamer in her hands. For a moment her face softened as she caressed the luxurious material, then with quick motions she ripped off the rather plain gown the Kaminoan scientists had provided her, and slipped into the utter heaven of one once belonging to Sith nobility. It fitted her like a glove, showing off her blossoming frame to perfection. Going to a mirror, she smiled in genuine joy to see her reflection shining out at her there: indeed she now looked fitting of the mark her father had told her of, the Emblazonment of Roan, to which she was heiress. She looked at the black tattoo on her right wrist, wishing it were gold, knowing one day it would be so.

Then she whirled around, placing her former air of queenly hauteur about her like a cloak, and striding to her door grasped the handle. For a brief moment she paused, half expecting to find it locked. But it opened smoothly beneath her hand; and she stepped out into the corridor beyond.

Tossing her head, well aware of the exquisite beauty she presented, she set out to see what she could learn about this place which she had awakened to find herself in.

[ 10-01-2002 12:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 10-01-2002 01:32 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik could sense Shayla relaxing a bit through the link that they shared via the Force, so he sent out a silent query to her on how things were going. Finding that all was indeed going to be well and feeling that perhaps he could also be of help, he quietly left the temple and headed for the little Sith home where he felt Shayla's presence. After a length of time he reached it, finding Shayla sitting quietly beside a man who was now quite obviously sleeping, and nothing more than that. The relief on her face was more than apparent. Erik could feel it.

"Brought you something," he said, presenting a small package that he had been carrying. "All your eating needs, directly from the Kartan catering service," he quipped.

Shayla grinned at him, leaning into him as she began to help herself. After a small bit of time, the snacks had been consumed by the three in the room, and Shayla snuggled into the warm embrace of her fiance's arms, slipping off to a comfortable sleep as her brother continued to keep an eye on the resting bounty hunter.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-01-2002 11:11 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
With the final slamming of a door too long left open, Terrin had at last put his shoulder devils, nasty beasties that they were, to a quiet and hopefully long rest.

They always manage to get at you, don't they buddy? Just when you aren't looking, that's when they pipe up to argue with you about things you can't even control: namely the past and the future.

What you've got here is the present. Don't let that slip by into the past as well by being an idiot and dwelling on those things you simply can't do a thing about.

Right now you have the present. That you can do something with.

So what exactly are you gonna do with it, pal?

First things first, of course. Stop worrying about things that have already been decided, and have already happened. Fretting over them isn't gonna do you any good. That'll just waste MORE time.

And then? Don’t worry about the things that might happen, that haven’t even happened yet. The only way you can change any of that is simply by what you are doing now. After all, there are sayings in nearly every religion dealing with the fruitlessness of worrying about what is yet to come.

So what are you going to do, right now, to best show that you love Galen and only want she and Darra to be safe and happy, that you trust her, and that you are there should she need you?

Actions speak louder than words, pal. Ultimately it boils down to you letting her go to discover the truth of all this, because the truth of it all is most certainly there.

Leaving his mind to rest on this final conclusion, knowing that he simply had to trust Galen on all counts and let his actions pave the rest of the way, Terrin quietly headed to their little Sith home, which was a heck of alot closer at the moment than the Temple. He didn’t want to be too far should she decide she needed him, but then Terrin didn’t want to be too close should she feel that he was stifling her, although he would have liked to check to see how Tarnus was doing. To do so might imply to Galen that he didn’t trust her to tell him what was going on, and he’d already clearly stated that he was ready and waiting should she need him.

And in all honesty, Terrin could see why she might struggle with bringing her feelings on the matter regarding Sorben Tarnus to him, so he again decided the best thing to do would be to simply wait. All these things decided, he headed inside and got a little something to eat, leaving part out should Galen return, and then remained patiently waiting.

[ 10-01-2002 11:13 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 10-01-2002 01:44 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As I drew closer to our home my step gradually slowed until finally I came to a halt altogether and just stood there quietly on the even quieter Phrinnchatkan street. I had absolutely no awareness of how long I then just stood there, rocking Darra a bit absently, as thoughts of Sorben gradually settled down into one special place in my mind to allow thoughts of another to rise up out of its own.

Terrin.

I heaved a sigh, suddenly shaking as memories of him and our time together now raised its figurative head to clash directly with those of the time I had shared with Sorben. It really was rather weird, had I been able to somehow step out and look at myself objectively: the image of a short redhead rocking a baby in the middle of a silent Sith street, all the time obviously occupied by something none other than she could see. But I could see it all too well: in my mind's eye the image suddenly seemed to switch about, the figures segueing and blurring into each other until when they parted they were both armed for battle... which they then proceeded to ensue directly against each other... with neither side taking any sort of clear advantage, let alone anything remotely deciding a victory.

I jerked myself back to reality with another sigh, blinking out from introspection with a quick mental jerk.

How could this be? What was the correct course to follow? Whatever in Hell's Seven Circles was I going to do?

This had never happened to me before. In fact, I had never really dreamed it was possible to ever happen to anybody. It wasn't logical; but then, whoever said affairs of the heart ever were? I started to shake my head again, instinctively backing off from this particular dilemma, a need to once more run and find a sympathetic shoulder welling up inside me. But then something else within me nipped that reaction clean in the bud; I stopped suddenly, firming.

Running away isn't going to help, Galen Jhin'Dar Danner! a little voice spoke up inside me, shaking its diminutive finger at me for emphasis. And you know it. This is something that YOU have to face, and YOU have to decide; all the crying on anyone's shoulders, all the advice the universe has to offer isn't going to do a damned bit of good until YOUR head is clear enough to make use of it.

But I wasn't running away... was I?

Conflict raged within. I drew Darra up more closely to me, burying my nose in the soft, clean scent of her, debating back and forth with my inner demons until suddenly a road of sorts opened up in front of me.

I needed space. I just couldn't go home, not after what I had seethed at Terrin, not with this emotional clash still struggling within me. Not until I had had a chance to sit down quietly someplace, let my inner self calm down, and then inspect what to me was not only something bordering upon the unbelievable, but which a growing part of me was beginning to see as probably being completely unsolveable as well:

What does a person do when she finds out she loves two men at once? Or -- and Khaandon help the soul if this was the case -- at least supposes that she does?

Struggling yet with the incessant back-and-forth aspects of my raging emotions, I then turned in my tracks and headed off to where I knew I could at least find food and a room to call my own while I mulled things over. However long that would take.

"Let's go and see your aunt, Darra," I whispered into the soft swath of her shockingly red hair as I let my feet take on a mind of their own and begin leading me back to the imposing Temple in the middle of this ancient city of the Sith.

[ 10-01-2002 01:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-01-2002 02:51 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban approached the home he had left the badly injured Sorben... just in time to see Erik enter, and Galen exit...

As he noticed this, he reallized something...

Galen has feelings for Sorben, as well as Terrin... perhaps we have something in common... I have feelings for Shayla, yet there is another in the way...

After realizing this, he decided to follow Galen... not to lend advice, but... perhaps, they could help each other...

He noticed Galen stop in the middle of the street...

Is this the time to approach her? She is with her babe, seeming to decide which she shall choose...

Then, Galen started to head toward the temple...

I'll follow her, until I see the perfect time to announce my situation... to try and find a solution, for us both...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.154.102
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-01-2002 11:01 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Waiting wasn't particularly fun when you only had a slight inkling about what was going on in the first place. And waiting was even worse when you were completely sober. And sitting around waiting, sober, and with a seven year old girl just put the icing on the cake.

A rather stale cake at that...

Jasyn grimaced a bit, eyeing the little seven year old named Thea that they'd apparently been left to babysit.

Babysit?! Yeesh! Last time he'd babysat anyone was his kid sister back when he was a young teen and she was about the age of the little girl currently in question. Needless to say, it was the only time. But maybe that was because they were playing hide-and-go seek, and he'd made sure to forget to seek when his sister had gone to hide...

But it wasn't that Jasyn didn't like kids. He just didn't like kids he didn't know, annoying kids, or kids who thought the Universe owed them everything.

That, in his opinion, was the approximation of the majority of the kids in the Universe...

Scowling again, Jasyn folded his arms, rolled his eyes, and simply waited for someone to say something or do anything. Idly, he fingered his blaster for no apparent reason.

Where the Hell WAS everybody anyway?

[ 10-01-2002 11:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-01-2002 11:27 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla moved through the corridors of the Sith Temple like a ghost, stopping every so often to open a door and poke a curious nose within to see what she could find. Time and time again all she came across was living suite after living suite, each one opulent, fit for royalty, and utterly empty of life. She merely sniffed at that, closing door after door to continue on her way, now turning along this corridor, now following that, never stopping or bothering to figure out exactly where she was, just letting her feet follow their own course.

Odds were that she would become lost within the great echoing sanctuary in less time than it takes to tell about it. But the young halfling was incredibly lucky, unbeknownst to her. As she wandered along, she at length began to focus on a soft sort of buzz coming from somewhere up ahead. Her interest peaked, she homed in upon it, following it as a migrating bird follows the magnetic field lines of its homeworld, until at last she came upon a particularly rich set of wooden door which oiled open at her slightest touch...

...to reveal a grandly apportioned chamber set out to be a central gathering point. Luxurious couches and setees were scattered artfully about, a great fire roared and crackled in the most beautiful stone fireplace imaginable, one made not of regular rock but of graven slabs of semi-precious stone instead. But what caught her eye was the immense and nearly overladen sideboard hunkered against a far wall, fairly groaning with the bounty laid out upon it.

She paid scant heed to the men or the little girl who were lightly chatting in the room, but made an immediate bee-line to the sideboard. True to typical teen psychological response, the moment Lord Recinis had mentioned food, she had gone into what seemed to her to be paroxysms of starvation, her stomach rumbling intermittantly through her ensuing tantrums, the empty hole in her middle expanding outward at an exponential rate. True, she wouldn't have admitted this fact to anyone, not even to herself, but the sight of the food was enough to bring her hunger to the fore.

Without so much as a "by your leave," or even bothering to find a plate, she swept regally across the Dining Hall and fell on the sideboard like a ravenous rancor. There she began stuffing food into her mouth with both hands, occasionally sweeping the room with an imperial look as though to remind the other occupants that the bounty offerred here was hers and hers alone.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-01-2002 11:48 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Speaking of kids who thought the Universe owed them something.

Who in the bloody ghost of the Fates was this?

Hadn't that Adept whosis of Graysith said something about Graysith's daughter being retrieved?

But Graysith's daughter was around Darra's age...

...right???

Then something else registered.

Not since her visit to Kamino, probably. And bloody kriffing Hell! The kid had slapped down Sorben Tarnus, and she was just idling about?!

Something was very, VERY wrong about this picture.

WHERE WAS EVERYONE?

Jasyn was beginning to get on the defensive nature. Before he knew exactly what he was doing, or could even think about it for that matter, he grabbed little Thea and pulled her closer to him, his hand on his blaster, his eyes suddenly alert.

So much for not liking this kid. Fates knew he had a bad feeling about this...

[ 10-01-2002 11:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-02-2002 12:13 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rhylla paused in mid-chew, immediately sensing something. The movement akin to the coiling of an adder, she turned her head and affixed Jasyn with those uncanny violet-ringed turquoise eyes of hers, said eyes falling from his only long enough to cast a pointed look at the hand with which he gripped the butt of his blaster.

Something dark and menacing began to grow within her, and she tilted her head down, her eyes now beginning to slit a bit. Had she inherited her mother's shining Glyph, it would have been ravening up into the higher frequencies about this time....

[ 10-02-2002 12:15 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-02-2002 12:16 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
They floated along within this dream, such a wonderus, and joy filled dream it was... It showed himself, and his dear Jharmeen, together, along with ShaRhylla, who had decided to discard her anger... Also with them was a little boy, half sith, half human... the details of the child were fuzzy, and he wasnt really sure if this was a simple dream, or if perhaps it was a vision of things which could come to pass...

he took graysith up with him, and smiled into her loving eyes, kissing her softly before speaking. "I love you"...

With those words he awoke slowly, his mind turnign back to reality from that wonderful dreamland that had shown him things he so dearly wished to come true...

As conciousness hit, he realized that his arms were still wrapped around graysith, and thier lips were still gently pressed together.

On impulse he renewed that loving kiss, which they had fadded into slumber with, now using it as a guide to return to reality.
They had slept for a bit before this, and so a great deal of sleep was not needed, but indeed they had needed this rest, he could feel that she was as refreshed as him...

Slowly his eyes opened, and were looking into those wonderful, soft pair of violet orbs, that seemed simply lock into his own pair of emeral orbs.

He smiled for a moment before kissing her again then drew her up with him and drawing apart to speak.

"Are you well rested my love?" her shinning eyes more then answered his question, so he simply nodded and took her up with him, kissing her once more in a loving union before they turned, and headed off to the temple, arm in arm, each leaning into the other...

they soon entered the temple, and found thier way into the meeting area withing, to see ShaRhylla affixing Jasyn with a look that shot venom.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.152
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-02-2002 12:22 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This wasn't looking so good.

But a wise man once said, better not to act first. Or move at all, least ye attract more attention.

Jasyn slooowly took his hand off his blaster, all the while holding a shocked Thea close, simply waiting.

You just eat your food, kiddo, and we'll mind our own business...

Then, as if some gift from the Maker had been bestowed upon him, deciding that he just might not die today, Graysith and that protector Sith stepped into the room.

He breathed a sigh of relief. But a barely perceptible one at that.

Who knew how fast that kid could move...

[ 10-02-2002 12:24 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-02-2002 12:24 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The more than narcissistic young adolescent started as her mother and Lord Recinis entered the Dining Hall. Now the look in her eye darkened even more as, utterly dismissing the so-called threat the man with the girl had presented to her, she now focused that hideous glare on the pair framed in the doorway.

Her lip curled and her nostrils flared. Then, sniffing as though they were nothing more than dirt beneath her feet, not even worthy of her contempt, she turned about and began stuffing herself with food from the sideboard once again.

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-02-2002 12:26 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The girl!

For some reason, he had just realized that he had forgot the reason he was out here in the first place...

He came to a dead run, passing Galen...

He slowed as he entered the greeting room...

Good... they have arrived to greet her...

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.155.207
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-02-2002 12:35 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis focused his eyes upon ShaRhylla a moment, as she started eating rapidly, totaly dismissing them. He shruged at that, turning his gaze back to jasyn, who indeed looked relived that that glar had been remove from him...
his eyes then snapped back to ShaRhylla for a moment, analyzing her as his mind took yet another turn down the passageways of his mind...
Finaly he found an empty place within, and stored the moment thier, marking it off as slightly important, for she was in some way's mellowing, she at least now accepted thier pressence, indeed a good sign, for before, he was sure she would have stormed away in fiery contempt, or approuched them in utter denial, and done something... or perhaps she was just a preoccupied right now...

A smile then spread from the frown which had creased his face.
Turning away to continue thier walk and sit upon a soft couch together, he spoke as they passed her. "i am pleased to see you have found your way about the temple... Enjoy your meal"
with that he sat and smiled at graysith for a moment, looking deeply into her eyes, which had momentarily darkened with sight of her daughter glaring at Jasyn.

simply content in sitting there, he sent a slight message to her through that tender link that continued to blossum, like a garden with the comming spring.
"she will come to find peace...I feel it is so..."
he then spoke softly to her, now taking his thoughts to the verbal level...
"what now shall we do, my dear jharmeen?"
He then fell quiet.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.152
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-02-2002 12:57 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Perhaps, they did not come to welcome the child...

Lo-Ban approached Thea,"Lets get you something to eat..."

He kindly took her to a table... as she found a place to sit, he went for the food...

He noticed a young lady in the middle of the food sideboard, blocking Lo-Ban from reaching anything... without being rude...

So, he waited... until either she quit eating, or gave way to him...

[ 10-02-2002 01:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.155.207
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-02-2002 01:49 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once again ShaRhylla froze in mid-chew as she sensed the presence of yet another coming up to stand quietly behind her. Her long, richly wavy red hair flared about her in a nimbus of fire as again she whirled, this time to rake her eyes up and down the form of the silent Loban.

Her eyes slitted, and her lip curled yet again.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" she snarled through her full mouth, not bothering to be polite enough to swallow first. The look she pinned the young man with fairly cried out that he even dare to reply to her....

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-02-2002 01:55 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Excuse me? I only wish to take some food for the young girl at that table over there... She seems quite hungry, I would appreciate if you would lend me a hand... My name is Lo-Ban Kenobi, have you been on this planet long?" He then quieted, and awaited her reply, never once wipping the polite smile from his face...

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-02-2002 01:59 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla merely snorted her obvious disgust with what appeared to be utter weakness, and turned from Loban, completely dismissing him as she reached out to tear off a great haunch of meat with her delicately pearlescent claws....

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05