my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » With Wings Like Eagles (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: With Wings Like Eagles
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-02-2002 02:05 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
If she wishes to play this cat and mouse game... so be it, I shall wait...

He then placed his legs out at shoulder length, and clasped his hands behind his back...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.155.207
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-02-2002 02:14 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's eyes darkened to hard black lumps of coal in her face. Still not deigning to turn around, she swallowed the food in her mouth and finally growled in a deadly tone,

"Go away...."

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-02-2002 02:20 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I'm sorry, did you wish to be left alone? Or, are you simply that hungry?" Lo-Ban said, he was in fact very sincere...

"It's non of my business..." He grabed a few hard rolls of bread, then started back towards Thea... "I apologize for interupting you..."

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.155.207
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-02-2002 11:06 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Moments later...

After Lo-Ban and Thea had finished their dinner rolls, Lo-Ban yet again approached the sideboard...

Using his abilities, he quickly grabbed ShaRhylla from behind and spun her to look in the other direction... by the time she spun back around he had a couple of plates filled with sith sweets...

"I don't fool around when it comes to dessert" He said, with a wink and a smile as he headed back toward the table...

"You're welcome to join us... the food tastes much better, while in the company of friends..."

[ 10-02-2002 11:09 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.157.24
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-02-2002 12:38 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A guy who's waiting frequently thinks of anything and everything he should be doing while he's waiting. At the moment, Terrin's mind was starting to center on those things he'd been doing for Darra while they'd been waiting for Galen to get back.

Had Galen come back to check on her? Had she slept any? Had someone fed her?

Nevermind she was with a couple of Force-sensitive people who should be able to figure out the baby needed these things; Terrin still had that instinct to at least check and make sure she was well taken care of. So he wandered out to do just that, quickly finding out that Tarnus was in the clear, that Galen had come by, and that she had left with the baby.

Terrin sighed, feeling a little bit lonely despite understanding that Galen probably wanted some space and some time with Darra. He'd missed her so much, and he'd wanted to spend time with her so badly, but then he knew he couldn't push it either, not when the state of her emotions was so fragile. And after all, her needs came first. Still, that didn't mean he had to hang around by himself in the meantime.

Wonder what Matt and Jasyn are doing...

Realizing he hadn't paid his own crew members much attention, Terrin headed off to find out exactly that. As he began to walk once more, his mind started sifting through those things that he'd been thinking of over the past few hours, when one particular point nailed him right between the eyes.

Kamino. You've been beating yourself up about not going to Kamino. But how could you have gone there when Aelvedaar clearly stated that no one would be going except Graysith?

Why are you beating yourself up about that one again?

File that under things in the past that you never had any control over to begin with, buddy.

Wishing he'd realized this a lot sooner, Terrin continued to walk, disgusted with himself for his tendency to worry about things that were out of his control, reminding himself once more that life was too precious to miss the moments in the present while fretting over the future and the past.

[ 10-02-2002 12:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-02-2002 04:07 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea had practically shut down with all the shock and meeting yet another new Jedi was almost too much, she longed for Jeroc, Cella, and Logan but she was obident and followed without questioning, even if she couldn't find her voice to speak to him at the moment. Finally as he brought her the second plate of food she burst, answering all his questions and asking a few of her own in one breath.

"I'm Thea, Master Jedi, I'm a student at teh Praxeum - or I was until I was kidnapped. All I've ever wanted to be is a Jedi - really it's all I want. Could you teach me? What is your name?"

She paused for a moment remembering proper Jedi control and looked up at him politely through the accumilated filth of her long emprisonment.

"Thank you for the food, and for saving my life, Master."

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-02-2002 04:24 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban's smile widened...

"She speaks... Thea, that's a lovely name... I am Lo-Ban Kenobi, of Tatooine... I regret to inform you that we share the same problem, I am not even a Jedi... I apologize for disappointing you... but, I will be your friend..."

He then slid the plate in front of Thea, and sat down... waiting for her reply...

[ 10-02-2002 04:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.154.211
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-02-2002 04:28 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea took teh food thoughtfully.

"That's ok, are you a Padawan like Logan is or was..."

She trailed off into silence thinking about her lost friend and "big brother" at the praxeum.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-02-2002 04:35 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I am a padawan, of sorts... I search for a master... I'm sorry, I haven't heard of the Logan you are referring to..."

Lo-Ban couldn't help but sense what Thea was thinking about...

"I am sure he is just fine, and you will see him again... in the meantime... I'll look out for ya..." Lo-Ban said, smiling once again...

[ 10-02-2002 04:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.154.211
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-02-2002 11:10 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla stood with her jaw literally agape, absolutely stunned that the young man had had the audacity to treat her in the manner in which he did.

No one... AND SHE DID MEAN NO ONE! ...makes a fool out of the daughter of Lord Ankrist Roan. Not if they wanted to keep all their working parts in good order....

Her stunned look rapidly transformed one that would make a rancor cringe. Her brow positively lowered to her nose, she abruptly dropped the piece of meat she had been gnawing upon, clenched her greasy hands into shaking fists, and descended upon Loban and the young girl he was sitting with like a hurricane.

"How DARE you!" she hissed through her fully exposed fangs, her eyes shooting daggers into Loban's as she slammed a fist on the table between the two. Her diminutive size was misleading; that small fist struck with such force that the sweets the two were sharing literally jumped from their plates.

"I demand an apology from you... RIGHT NOW!"

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-02-2002 11:19 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban finished the point he was sharing with Thea, and then turned to meet ShaRhylla's gaze...

"Don't scare the child... have you no manners? I apologize for invading your personal space, if that is what I violated... My intent was not to embarrass you, I cannot apologize for that... who are you, anyway?"

He awaited her response...

[ 10-02-2002 11:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.156.130
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-02-2002 11:42 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla blinked, her mouth working angrily as her personal sails were abruptly deflated by the young man's ready apology and mild manner. She cast a closer look now to the little girl; then her eyes slitted and she tilted her head.

There was something terribly familiar about that little girl....

Then she shrugged it off. If it were important, it would come to her. No need to waste her time worrying about it now. What did need her attention was this young man who was so suddenly and infuriatingly polite to her.

She drew herself up like a queen.

"I am ShaRhylla Roan, daughter of Dark Lord Ankrist Roan, and Heiress to the Emblazonment!" she announced smugly, a curl on her lip, her hand shooting out palm down as offering for Loban to kiss it.

[ 10-02-2002 11:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-02-2002 11:53 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban lightly took ShaRhylla's hand, such a lovely small hand...

"ShaRhylla, that's a lovely name... Why don't you take a seat, take it down a notch, perhaps... you're too beautiful to have to use your anger to get your way... I'll take care of the food..."

He then lightly kissed her hand,"The pleasure is all mine... M'lady..."

As he got up, he motioned his hand so that she might take his seat...

Never shaking off his smile, he walked over to the sideboard, and filled 3 plates...

[ 10-02-2002 11:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 63.240.156.130
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-03-2002 12:03 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla blinked again, somewhat taken aback. She had acted just as her father had instructed... only he never bothered to tell her what the possible outcome would be, not to mention her reaction to that. And so she simply hadn't a clue as to what to do next.

If the truth were to be known, the fact of the matter was she was furious. Furious that she was finding it harder and harder to stay furious... for every whim had been responded to, and at her desire. The young man was doing as she asked; it infuriated her even more that he was.

Conflicted, she stood a moment in seething silence. Then yanking her hand back, she plopped herself down in Loban's chair and glared at Thea while she wondered what she ought to be doing next.

[ 10-03-2002 12:53 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-03-2002 12:11 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban quickly returned with the food...

He passed the two girls their plates, then took his seat... next to ShaRhylla...

"So, how long have you been on this planet?" Lo-Ban said, addressing ShaRhylla... and awaited her reply...

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-03-2002 12:20 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The grim scowl was just beginning to lighten a bit on the young halfling's face when Loban's last question brought it blazing back... and with a vengeance. She stared down at her plate a minute before lifting her face to meet his again, a carefree toss of her head sending her hair from where it had tumbled into her turquoise eyes.

"I-- I do not know, for certain," she finally said in the most civil tone she had yet managed since coming to Phrinnchatka. "I do not think I have been here very long.

"I do not know why I am here, it is against my wishes...."

Now her mouth snapped shut into a little flower of pure thunder as she, surprisingly to herself, actually fought against the uprush of rage her last statement was provoking in her. Hidden in her lap, her one hand fisted until her claws indented deeply into the flesh of her palms.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-03-2002 12:29 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla floated back from her brief journey from consciousness to the remembrance of the person whose two strong arms were wrapped about her, supporting her as she slept. She opened her eyes completely, smiling up into his eyes then sitting up, stretching. Then she turned her gaze to the yet sleeping bounty hunter.

"I could be wrong," she started, "But I think he's going to be out a while longer." At that she paused, realizing that the condition of the hunter had not been reported to anyone in the temple, at least not since he'd definitely come back around. So, along her mental link with Graysith, Shayla sent the news regarding his wellbeing and likewise retrieved images of what was currently proceeding in the dining hall.

Her mouth fell open as something registered. She turned and eyed the bounty hunter, a sudden problem of sorts occuring to her.

They'd have to treat this situation very, very carefully...

[ 10-03-2002 12:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-03-2002 12:35 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban sensed what his inquiry had caused ShaRhylla to feel... this hurt him, he wished to improve her mood... he truely did...

"Wait... do you mean to tell me, that you do not know these people? You have no idea why, or for how long you have been here either?"

Lo-Ban then lowered his voice,"and you're here against your wishes..."

He simply couldn't believe this...

What to do?? I must find Aelvedaar, and somehow convince him to let her go...

"Do you truely wish to leave?" Lo-Ban whispered in her ear... and awaited her reply... taking himself back, to look deeply into her eyes... to find her true feelings...

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-03-2002 12:45 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis' eyes remained glued to Jharmeens, but that bit of warrior instinct within him forced its way to the surfice, and he was well aware of everything which procedded within the room.

She wishes to leave... Understandable... But she will not leave, not untill she has given fair chance to these things, and i will not release her into the outside world without certainty that she will be cared for... She is born to a warrior, and the lady of warriors, and as Lord of that clan her protection was within his hands... And also as one who would be her father If she so allowed him a chance to be it...

He sighed then, snuggling close to Jharmeen upon the couch, laying his head gently atop her own, watching intently at the scene playing before him... For loban had struck something, and he dearly wished to see if he could pull that something to the surfice, or if once more the confusion of rage would over come the young sith... He hoped loban succeded... with all his heart, he hoped...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.105
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-03-2002 12:47 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla jerked back with a slight hiss as Loban leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"There is no need for you to come quite this close; my hearing is just fine!" she scowled at Loban in rebuke before turning to toy with her food. For a long moment she remained silent, staring at her plate; then she let the fork she was holding drop to her plate with a sharp clatter.

"Yes, I am here against my wishes!" she spat, pushing her plate away with a quick thrust of one slim hand before settling back in her chair in a miasma of anger. "Everyone here is as sheep; I want my Father!"

Her mouth snapped shut with that and she jerked her head up to send a look that could kill directly into Loban's concerned pair.

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-03-2002 12:56 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Am I attracted to her... yes... but, is that my reasoning? of course not... you help all who are in need...

"Woah, woah, woah... calm down... I apologize for getting too close, but there are things others need not hear... if I am going to help you, I need a promise that you will not lose your temper... and I promise to do everything I can to help..."

Lo-Ban quieted at that... and waited...

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-03-2002 01:10 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
With the greatest effort the young halfling had yet expended in regard to anything ShaRhylla kept her anger under a modicum of control. Slowly the glare in her eyes faded from one that would kill to one that would merely maim, or perhaps laugh while bringing about sadistic pain in the innocent. Again her hand fisted in her lap, this time the claws actually piercing the flesh of her palm. She kept this hidden from Loban's eye, however; she'd certainly hate to kill the young man so soon simply because he might overstep his bounds by actually empathizing with her...

It took awhile, during which she merely drilled her violet-ringed turquoise eyes into Thea's surprised pair, before she was under enough control to speak. She settled stiffly back into her seat, her hackles beginning to lower, her feathers unruffling.

Her eyes shot from Thea's and trapped Loban's before he was even aware of it. Then, a sly little smile coming across her own face, it was now her turn to lean in closely to Loban. She turned her lips up to his ear.

"Are you saying you are willing to help me to escape from here?" she whispered in a voice that was nothing more than pure black silk. "And take me back to my Father?"

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-03-2002 01:25 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Her father, sounds simple enough.... ah, she even told you who that was... lets see... ROAN YOU STUPID FOOL!! look at what you've walked into, yet again... good luck getting out of this one, you'll need it...

These thoughts slipped away, however, as the young ladies voice intoxicated Lo-Ban...

Always the sap for a pretty face... OH shut up! this isn't the time for rational thought. I think I'm in love... only one way to find out if she is the one. say no!!

It seemed like forever, then, he spoke up..."I will help you choose what you truely want... then, help you accordingly..." there was no smile on his face this time... a more somber tone, indeed... that did not change the fact that he cared to help young ShaRylla

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-03-2002 01:36 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla flashed her pearly fangs in a crocodile smile, and cocked her head to one side as she looked up at Loban from under her long lashes in a manner entirely too reminiscent of one of her mother's....

"Then I shall allow you to help me, and promise to hold my temper," she purred, settling back in her chair and reaching for her fork again. Spearing a choice morsel as though it were a victim laid before her altar, she turned those uncanny eyes of hers into Loban's again.

"You determine the manner, and when this is accomplished, come to me and take me to my Father," she asserted with a regal nod of her head. "I'm certain he will reward you handsomely for my return... um, what did you say your name was?"

Placing the fork's tip between her lips, she batted her eyes at Loban, playing the moment for all she was worth. Fool she was not; it would take more than simple help to move her heart, and all this particular halfling cared for at the moment was power, strength...

...and the shortest route possible back to her home with Lord Ankrist Roan of the Sith.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-03-2002 01:44 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Oh great, she now expects you to take her to Roan, to help evil... She's using you... she didn't even listen to what you said, only what she expected to hear... change the act...

"I am Lo-Ban Kenobi, of Tatooine... but, I believe you miss understood... I simply meant I would help you choose... once you have made up your mind, then and only then, will I help you... I apologize for the miss understanding..." Lo-Ban said, bracing himself for quite the hissy-fit... that he expected was very near...

[ 10-03-2002 01:56 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05