my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Cradle Will Fall (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Cradle Will Fall
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-01-2002 03:27 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lost in the euphoric touch of her love's arms about her, his lips pressing onto her own, her being wafting upward with his into a complex yet somehow very simple nimbus containing the utter enmeshing of joy and desire and love and music... lost in this manner, the Chosen Daughter just let herself melt into a world of wonderment: into the arms of her love. They danced now together upon the very motes which made up the air, more than passing through them they somehow connected with that elusive thing which makes love live, and bolstered its existence with the fuel of their own. That thing called gravity, powerful force that it was, bowed down in homage before them; their garments began to float langorously about them like the swaying arms of water-plants in the tide, sometimes exposing them to any eyes which may have observed them from below, sometimes hiding them completely from view. In this manner they remained, their love defying the universe, until at length Graysith pulled back a bit in Recinis's arms.

Her hands both strayed down to gently open the front of his robe, there to expose the series of tattooes emblazoned upon his chest. She sent a penetrating glance into Recinis's green eyes just once before lowering her gaze to one in particular, one which she now pressed her lips against in a lingering kiss.

"This is the one, is it not, Recinis?" she breathed softly, her breath gentle yet containing all the fires of all the suns in existence. Her eyes lifted back to his, noting the last fleeting shadows to enter them as if they had lingered to say farewell.

She blinked once again, then turned her head and pressed her lips against the heart tattoo his father had bestowed upon him. And when she raised her head from it the second time, that sigil had taken on a gentle violet color, like the hue the sky takes on just before true night falls. That deep, violet hue reflected the one in her own eyes as she now lifted a finger once again and, gently letting gravity take the upper hand once more, lowered them gently to the ground.

[ 09-01-2002 03:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-01-2002 04:09 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As there feet touched the ground, recinis stood, his mind turning, something deep withing wishing to be let free.
he could feel a gentle pulsating coming from the simbol graysith had kissed, he struggled, his heart fighting to remain focused on his love, yet at the same time feeding all it could into the simbol that was more then a simple mark, his mind had combined in the efforts of unlocking its secret, and finaly his heart gave fully into the needing to remember.

within his mind something seemed to click, the memory flooded his being, images and voicing mingling together to complete the message.

the sorcer, yet still foged in his mind, stood before him, a finger placed forcfully against the mark on his chest. "this recinis, is the mark of your father, No simple tattoo, it is the very memory of your father, let it guide you, take comfert in its presence, as you knew not your great father, know that his was the warriors heart that inspired others, know too that he cared beyond anything understandable by even I." at that the sorcerer turned from him.
"You will find, that you will become everything he was, his spirit was a strong one, and i can sense that as his son you will bring his legacy to a knew glory, you will hold his title, not yet, but when your mind and heart meet, you will become the 'warrior of the heart' fighting as your father did, for all that he cherished"
"know this, he would not kill any, only hurt them enough to end there threat, only the heartless would he kill, those that stood no chance of finding there heart. For to your father there was no fiercer crime then to forsake a heart."

"you will take his place recinis, you will become a warrior that fights for what he loves, you will become..."

with that his mind returned to his own point of being.

become...become...become what?!

he could not remember...suddenly he returned his focus to graysith, and smiled, he understood one aspect though, he would not become like his father, he had been like his father all along, slowly finding his way, making his destiny form piece by piece, like parts of a puzzle falling into place, to reveal a much larger picture.
leanding down he whispered into her ear lightly,
"I love you...I will fight for all i cherish, i will fight for you..."

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.198
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-01-2002 04:46 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She stood shivering beneath his touch, thinking to herself, How can this be? It is impossible to understand him more, to know him more...

...but it is as if I am seeing him anew yet again....

Filled with an almost sacred awe that she would be the one to bring him into this, the sudden realization of his entire potential, she lifted her hands to cup his face.

"And I shall stand as your strong right arm, Recinis, never failing, your unending source for all the strength you shall ever need, that you may continue to find yourself in me, and I in you.

"Together are we more than the sum of our parts, and together shall we prevail against all that comes."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-01-2002 06:12 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla crooked a brow. "Erik, my love, I don't believe we're gonna find a local jewelry store around here," Shayla mused. "And besides," she continued with, "I'm not really in the mood to go somewhere just yet..."

Then she reached up and wrapped her arms about his neck, pulling him to her and pressing her lips against his. After a long moment, she drew back and pulled him inside.

"I'm a bit hungry," she said. "How about you?"

Erik nodded. "Guess we should really go out..."

Shayla stopped him by placing a finger on his lips, shaking her head. Shayla reached out with the All. In the blink of an eye, a full course-meal appeared on the table beside them, ready to eat.

Erik grinned. "Now that's room service..."

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-01-2002 06:36 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith stood for a moment longer, continuing to tremble before the immensity of the revelation Recinis was now presenting to her. Time passed in which no words were spoken; in fact, words would not even begin to come close to properly expressing the thoughts and feelings which were racing through her and out into her love, to join with his own unspoken but completely transparent ones and return to her.

Encapsulated in an almost palpable cocoon of warmth, she just stood there, keenly aware of the beating of their hearts, slowly letting the music she had created for them lessen in its intensity until it was a mere whisper to overshadow the quiet union they were sharing. Then it faded away in entirety, leaving the atmosphere suddenly pregnant with myriad unspoken possibilities.

Graysith sighed a little, snuggling against Recinis's side, and took a look about them. They had come to ground in the middle of a small park which she had never seen before; the incongruity of its still living grasses standing out dimly in what was apparently meant to be evening hours, if not night. With a start she realized she didn't even know what time it was, that she had lost all track of it entirely, so wrapped up had she been in this wonderful new discovery she shared with the warrior.

She turned her face up to Recinis, not wanting to break the moment, not wanting it to ever end but knowing that it must. But there was no true sadness in that ending, for she also knew these special hours she had shared with Recinis, hours spent exploring and learning of each other, were but the mere tip of the iceberg. There would be many, many such moments to come again into their lives.... Indeed, she considered further, this moment is not ending, but is merely going forth into yet another one which follows, with another after that, and another, and another....

Her teeth flashed in the darkness as she smiled up at Recinis. Then, still unspeaking, she tightened her hold around him and took a step forward, not knowing where they were heading, but letting her feet be their guide, one step after another, one moment stepping forward into the next.

Each as precious as the first, and the next, so long as he was by her side.

They moved on through the quiet city of the Sith.

[ 09-01-2002 06:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 09-01-2002 07:15 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin wasn't sure how long it had really been since he and Galen had just been able to have a bit of fun with each other and simply enjoy each other's company. And after all Galen had been through, the time to simply enjoy was more than just well-deserved. It was needed. And Terrin found himself needing that time as well. After all, who knew what yet lay ahead? He made up his mind to make the most of every second.

After spending quite a bit of time with his wife, Terrin took a quick shower only to discover that Sith technology made the experience of taking a shower a bit...bizarre. The thing didn't seem to have real running water, but something magickal seemed to do a very nice job of cleaning, so Terrin figured he wouldn't complain.

What he would be complaining about, however, was the attire he was about to find himself choosing from. He peered into the Sith wardrobe only to find a robe. And yet another robe. And another.

The whole damn closet was nothing but robes.

Allright, so maybe Lord Aelveedar and Recinis could pull off making robes look manly. But Terrin was not a robe-wearing sort of guy. Not in public, anyway.

Didn't the Sith believe in PANTS?!

Scowling in total disgust, Terrin finally yanked a blue robe from the wardrobe that looked like it would fit him and put it on, tying the belt around his waist. He looked down at himself, and scowled even more blackly.

He looked like a pansy...

Rolling his eyes and sighing, Terrin made his way down the hall and into the living area where he had left Galen, his arms crossed against his chest.

"We're gonna have to talk to someone about the choice in clothing here," Terrin called. Then, stepping into the living area he added, "Don't you dare laugh..."

Then he waited to see how Galen would react, his arms still crossed and the scowl still present, but lightening a bit.

[ 09-01-2002 07:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 09-01-2002 07:34 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I blinked at Terrin, struggling with myself.

What the hey....

Completely straight-faced, I looked directly into the face of my husband, my expression the very epitome of sincerity.

"Where's the horns, fly-boy?" I asked in as innocent a tone of voice as I could manage....

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-01-2002 07:56 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin scowled even more at this, moving a hand from its position to point a finger at her. He froze mid-way in the move, suddenly struggling to maintain the scowl. He managed, however. Snorting in mock-disgust, he crossed his arms once again, cocking his brow. "What's the matter love? Is the look too flashy for me? Or should I have picked a different shade of blue...?"

Terrin then moved one arm perpendicular to the other, fisting his hand and placing it under his chin. "Or maybe it's the belt that doesn't go..."

By all appearances, he was completely serious. For a long moment he let the silence hang. Then Terrin snapped his fingers, his look suddenly becoming very animated. "I know what! I think the wife needs to put on a robe so that her husband doesn't look so snazzy without her!"

Then he plopped down beside her, adding one final rejoineder in answer to her earlier question, suddenly laughing. "I think you've got all the horns this family needs, sweets..."

Laughing at this, he reached out both hands to tickle her, hoping to cause the laughter that he just knew she'd been holding back all along to erupt.

[ 09-01-2002 08:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-01-2002 08:59 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis walked along with graysith, yet again wraping an arm about her slight form, both pulling the other closer to them as they went along.
He wasnt quite sure where it was they were heading, but he enjoyed the walk imensly, taking in the sites of what his race had achieved, taking in the warmth radiated from Graysith.
They continued to walk, simply enjoying eachothers company. As they walked along through the streets, strang pillers, that before apeared completly usless, ignighted into a pale moonlight, covering the two with its simple, yet wonderus glow, the presence of the light indicated that it was fast approuching the "darkness" of night.
but for the two being who walked absently through the city, it was as if taking a long, moonlit strole, with nothing to disturbe them, but the almost undetectable *hum* of the "street lights".
Recinis looked down at Graysith as they walked down, smiling to her in quiet amazment, she looked up at him for a moment, blessing him with one of her brilliant smiles, before leaning her head against him, both returning there gaze to the path, as they took random turns here and there.
Closing his eyes for a moment, his thoughts drifted about, he wished he could remember the rest of the memory... though he didnt let it distract him from the city, he wished to see exactly where his race had gone during his absence, yet another one of the sorcerers strang little blessings, for indeed, he would not have seen such development in his life, and he would see much more development in his day's, just as soon as the sith returned, a mission he knew would be completed, for Graysith had been assigned to completing this task, and he knew she would succeed, he would make sure of it, as she had promised to be his strength when needed, so to would he be her's...together... anything could be done, as long as they were together... with there friends.
he let his mind drift through many different allyway's from there, turning almost as randomly as there feet did on the pathway's.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.250
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-01-2002 10:14 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla smiled over the remainders of their "refreshments" at Erik. Then, standing, she whirled about in her gown. "I dunno, sweetiepie," Shayla mused, "But I think the time for this has passed."

Then she turned to him once more. "I think I'll go catch a shower and...ahhh...freshen up a bit."

She winked at him, then headed for the wardrobe to pick out something to wear. "I'll pick out something special just for you..." she called over her shoulder, smiling. Then, making her choice, she turned and winked at him just one more time and headed to the Sith-fresher

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 09-01-2002 10:31 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn crooked a brow at Loban. "A Sith Warrior? You are certain of this?"

He looked a bit incredulously at Loban, not certain what to make of this information. "Why would a Sith warrior come after your father?"

Shawn paused at this, frowning as he thought. He had to wonder exactly why a Sith Lord would come to Tatooine, and exactly how the brother of a man killed by him would have come upon such a dangerous weapon.

Something occurred to Shawn. "Lo-ban, do you know if your Uncle killed the Warrior?"

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-01-2002 10:47 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith moved along quietly through the even quieter streets of Phrinnchatka, her eyes widening in spite of herself as they passed one exotic artifact after another. What the meaning was of half the strange items they passed was beyond her comprehension; what the purpose was of half the structures entirely escaped her ken. All she knew was that the moment was little short of pure magick, strolling along the blue-lit streets, gazing upon one wonder after another, all tucked within the arm of one who loved her more than life itself.

She dragged her eyes away from a mysteriously shaped metallic object which they had come upon, a huge and shining thing somehow difficult to look upon which moved from a position about eight feet above their heads to cross the street in a direct perpendicular line. There it came to a brief halt, seeming to spin in place briefly, then returned as though rebounding on an unseen elastic cord. What this thing was was beyond comprehension, as was the sudden suspicion which now filled her that it had been about its unknown and automatic duties, buried silently in the rock, for over 4,000 years.

She shivered in awe, turning questioning eyes to Recinis to seek explanation... and shivered again. The look in his eye was somehow vacant, as if he were seeing beyond their immediate place in time. Then her shivering grew tinged with a light touch of self-reproachment, for when he turned his head to place his shining eyes in hers she could clearly read the questions of his own which filled them.

She ached to see that look; it was almost as if one who sought knowledge was seeking it of her, and she had no answers to give. She was not Sith, and would not know the history of this place to replace his growing wonder and curiosity with the answers he now seemed to be seeking.

Then she shook herself, and tried to shrug off the strange disappointment she felt of herself, hoping Recinis had not sensed this but somehow knowing that, through the bond they had forged together, he did. She drew in her breath in a little sigh and continued to move on; then rounded a corner and there before her, down the length of a broad and wonderful avenue, lay the Temple.

She paused there, bringing Recinis to a halt beside her. Let her eyes pour into his, a hand reaching up to assure her gaze fell directly into his.

"What is your desire, my love?" she whispered, her lithe body trembling a bit with the frisson rippling up and down her back. "Do you desire to return at this time, or--?"

She fell into silence, waiting to see what the warrior should wish to do, and willing to give that to him to the best of her ability.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-01-2002 10:54 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"My father and uncle were the peace keepers of the Tattoine system, many years ago... They were sent to negotiate with warring factions, on the outskirts of the system... it went terribly wrong, the two ships started a barrage of weapon returns... In the end, it was an ambush... a sith warrior came from the shadows... my father fought till his last breath, the warrior might have defeated my uncle, had he the time... the ship was eminent of destruction... it is possible the warrior did not make it..."

Lo-Ban trailed off,"one can only hope..."

He waited to see what this news meant to Shawn...

[ 09-01-2002 10:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.196.239
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-02-2002 01:03 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis stared into graysiths eyes, hearing her question clearly, his mind fully focused on her every move and action. His smile seemed warm enough to melt the coldest ice that could be presented before it.
"I desire to be with you, my love, in the temple, walking through this city, where ever it is we may be." his eyes seemed to reach out and take her own in, and at the same time, letting hers take in his.
his smile changed a bit as he stood in an almost trance before her wonderus gaze.
He suddenly bent slightly scouping graysith into his arms, and raising her eyes to be mere inches from his, his lips hovering over hers, as if to lay a kiss upon her, and indeed he almost did, taking all his concientration to keep his mind on track.
"The moments i have shared with you, have been like nothing i could have ever imagined in my life before this time, your every action, every thought, fills me with such joy, even i can not fully realize what levels this joy reaches." with this said he finaly did press upon her a small kiss before continueing "unless you deem it other wise, i supose we should indeed return to the temple... It draw's late im afriad" the words that came forth from him were a bit sad, yet he truly was not sure what else to do, so caught up in everything that was flowing through him, his mind had become totaly blank as to a cause of action.
he suddenly became concious that he had swept her from her feet, and now held her in his arms, with this his funny smile returned and he twirled her about with him before setting her down, both slightly dizzy,
"now tell me, what it is you desire, my love, and with all knowledge, we will see where we are led."

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.49
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 09-02-2002 01:32 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's touch softened, and he couldn't help but pull Galen to him once again. He wasn't sure what it was: the exoticism of this highly impressive Sith-city, the security of not having to turn and look behind their backs every moment, the fact that he'd quite nearly lost Galen in something that was entirely too close a call...

...or just the simple fact that he loved her...

...but all he wanted to do was to stay close to her. He stood and pulled her up, drawing her close once more. "So, fly-girl," he said, grinning down into her eyes, "Does this mean you think my new threads make me look cute, or does this mean the Captain should reconsider his robes for something else entirely?" he asked, waiting to see how she would respond.

--------------------

~~Galen

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-02-2002 01:48 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"...and with all knowledge, we will see where we are led."

Every lingering bit of self-admonishment disappeared from Graysith as those simple words came into her ears, and she realized with a little start just how fatuous those earlier thoughts of hers had been. Indeed, she was not Sith by birth, and so knew not much of the civilization. And he, coming from a point in time before Aelvedaar's, would not know either.

An idea popped into her head then, and she turned sparkling eyes up into Recinis's, still a bit giddy from being whirled about.

"I-- I do not desire to return to the Temple as yet, Recinis," she said, laying a hand upon the strong muscles of his forearm. "But I do have a place in mind that I do know of in this city."

She paused and, turning away from him now, pointed off toward a street they had just passed. "Down that avenue lies a great repository of knowledge, the Library of Phrinnchatka. Let us go together and see what we may learn within its walls."

Now she returned her attention fully back upon him, her eyes bright, her teeth exposed in a smile, the Glyph on her forehead flaring a bit as though her soul were too full and its light needed release.

Indeed, my love, there is much we have yet to learn of each other, she let the words glide directly into his mind, like silk. ...so let us continue by going off and learning together.

Letting the words slide to a tickling halt in his mind, she left the tendril of herself in his essence as now grasping one of his strong hands in both of hers, she began moving backwards, tugging him along as she went.

[ 09-02-2002 01:52 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-02-2002 02:21 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis smiled as graysith griped his hands and dragged him along with her...Or at least, almost draged, for he gave into the choice imidiatly. Indeed, learning of the achievments of his race with his love, what higher pleasure could he find?
Smiling as they went they soon entered the librairy, wonderment filling his eyes at the sight held within. he could practicly feel the knowledge reaching to him, urging him to learn of his past...or is it his future? he discarded the pointless thought and smiled at graysith.
"where should we start?" he questioned lightly his eyes shinning in obvious appriciation at graysiths wonderful thoughts.
For indeed, he was not some simple warrior in thought, a part of his training had been deticated, for years none the less, to him simply spending time reading, and becoming knowledgable, a pass time he had grown to enjoy very much.
breaking his eyes from graysith for a moment, he looked about the area once more, repeating in utter awe his former statement... "where should we start..."

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.92
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-02-2002 02:51 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith smiled at the awe so evident in Recinis's eyes and repeated in his voice. How very well she remembered the one time Lord Aelvedaar had sent her to this place to find a bit of information he was seeking... it took her the majority of the day, and not because she had any trouble in locating it.

It was just that the technology and sheer information within these walls was that mind-boggling. Chosen Daughter of the Sith she might be; she was still her father's daughter. It wasn't until Aelvedaar had come along that she had finally been able to drag herself away from this wonderful place.

The smile still on her face, she led Recinis over to an iridescent golden globe which was spinning quietly about its own axis, suspended eerily from a series of gradiated globes which extended from it in the three axial planes. It hung there like a jewel strung upon three knobbed strings which crossed somewhere inside of it, quietly waiting for...

A question.

Graysith now took up Recinis hand, and after bringing it up to her lips to quickly kiss, laid it against the strangely warm surface of that quietly spinning globe. She watched as Recinis's eyes immediately widened, easily recalling her own jolt of surprise at the fact that while the globe obviously was moving, it felt absolutely still beneath the touch. Within its transparent surface, the golden clouds seemed to sparkle as though coming to attention.

"Ask any question that you desire to learn of, Recinis, and this shall direct you," she informed him as, her hand still atop his, she waited to hear just what knowledge of the Sith he would want to learn about first.

[ 09-02-2002 03:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-02-2002 12:09 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis' mind flooded with questions, from every direction he had something to ask... Yet, none of them seemed correct, as though his first question had to be something...speciefic...
He thought, and tried his hardest to simply ask a question... But still he could not, trying to find the correct question, yet it alluded his grasp...
Finaly he found it, though with finding it, it seemed so simple, almost as if it were pointless to ask it, but he asked it none the less.

"what are the traditions of the warrior clan?"
He asked at length, to which the globe's fog seemed to unhaze, recalling from its depths something that was knowledge, a pure knowledge, that could not be corrupted by lies or deceptions.
a hologram seemed to appear beside them, which held a small scroll, and from it he recited the information.

the hologram went through a list of traditions and decrees, and many other things.
Running through a brief explenation of the triels one must go through to become a warrior, how one is chosen.
Then it ran through the trials of the dark lords, and how one came to hold such a position.
Lastly it ran through a small list of famos dark lords, whos achievments had benefited the warrior clan greatly... Kel'ren Q'utaro was among them... His father...

With the final bit of information he sat stunned... He had never been told his father had been a dark lord.
Unconciously he ran through the other information given to him. All seemed the same as he understood it, a few minor changs had happened her or there...

He then turned a smiling glance to graysith,pulling his hand back and stepping aside. awaiting to see what she would ask of.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.45
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-02-2002 01:40 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith thought for a moment, wondering how current this library's seeming endless wealth of information truly was. She chewed her lip, her eyes unfocussing a bit, while the Glyph reached forth to bathe the Globe in its mysterious radiance. At length she gave a nod, and reached her own hand out to lay it lightly upon the spinning globe.

"Specifications and origins of the Dark Lords," she said clearly. Her words echoed into the distance of this immense place where, unseen by her's and Recinis's eyes but somehow felt by them both, one of myriad great crystalline tranceivers flicked into electromagnetic life, then sent the information requested out along unseen circuits to finally focus within the globe.

The golden swirls solidified once again, as exotic glyphs presented themselves to be read. This particular book, however, had "pictures;" as Graysith and Recinis leaned forward to examine the written Sith word they were suddenly surrounded by holographic imagery.

It was as if they had stepped back literally into written history, actually joining with it that they might learn of it without error. A great and imposing chamber seemed to spring into being about them, fronted by three heavily engraved and bejeweled thrones. Three Sith of imposing mein sat upon them, their robes rich and covered with embroidered runes and heiroglyphs, each one holding a short and peculiar type of staff in his clawed hand. The three thrones slowly rotated 360 degrees, that the learner might behold every aspect of the Dark Lords of the Sith being shown to them.

Graysith could scarcely keep her eyes on the words long enough to sweep them into her head. Taught to read Sith by Lord Aelvedaar, she was able to take in sections at a time, so while her mind analyzed the written word her eyes could likewise analyze the images all about her. Time and again her violet gaze flicked to the globe to take up yet another parcel of information, only to cut back almost of their own accord to the sight of the three Sith upon their thrones.

These were the first three Dark Lords, the ones to bring order to a race in whom magick was inherent and a part of commonplace life. Indeed they would have to be strong, and work together to keep peace and prosperity among their brethren.

The globe went on, offerring information up on a platter of Knowledge: the Dark Lords, each the most inherently magickal, highly intelligent, and exquisitely trained of all the Sith in their specific fields, they were joined together into a Council of Three which ruled the Sith Empire. Three there were: the Dark Lord of the warrior clan, who was in charge of defense of their nation; Dark Lord of the Weaponry clan, who created not only magickal armaments but everyday devices as well, and Dark Lord of the Sorcerer clan, whose magicks were channelled into the group of them that the deeds they wrought would see success.

Equable in judgement, swift to dole both punishment and mercy, the positions they held, while once being chosen, altered throughout time to become a strictly inherited one. This was a natural state of affairs, for at length it was realized that the best Lord was one of intelligence, and likewise had it been realized over time that intelligence, as a tendency toward physical prowess, was an inherited ability. So the title passed down through the lineage, from father to son, and at times, from father to daughter.

Now the hologram began changing, as the three Dark Lords did as well. One at a time, the globe presented the entire line of Dark Lords of the Sith to them, not missing a beat, all the way from the First Three through the time when Recinis's father held title of Dark Lord of the Warrior clan--

Here Graysith couldn't help trembling as a touch of awe brushed into her soul, letting her eyes slide quietly to gaze at her love, who was absolutely entranced as history unfolded before their very eyes.

He was heir to the title....

--following through the annals of time up until the last imprinted image of Sith civilization. There they sat together, side by side, splendid in their majesty and justice. Justice ascertained, at least, in the case of two of them; Graysith shivered and took a step back as one of the three turned his head and seemed to send his charismatic turquoise gaze directly into hers.

Indifferent to it all, the globe quietly scrolled out their names: Dark Lord Suranas Rean, Lord of the Weaponry clan. Dark Lord Krevlan Aelvedaar, Lord of the Sorcerer's clan, and Dark Lord Ankrist Roan, the Dark Lord of the Warrior clan.

Then the images faded, and the words disappeared from the globe. Graysith slowly became aware of the silence of the waiting library and the equal quiet radiating out from her love...

...but did not realize at all that, bit by bit in almost unconscious defense, she had backed up one step after another until she had come to an abrupt halt against one of the library's support pillars, pushed there by the power of the turquoise gaze Lord Roan had seemed to direct into her eyes alone.

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-02-2002 02:23 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis' mind was ablaze, filling him with questions upon questions.
Well aware was he that graysith had backed against the piller behind them... wanted to rush to her with all his heart... Yet he couldnt, something held him in place, a question in his mind that could not be answered by himself.
If indeed it was to father and son...would he have taken the place of his father? was he an hier?
Looking at that for a moment, his thoughts continued on.
for he indeed had remembered a trial of the warrior clan...what was the trial for? to declar him a warrior? perhaps...how could be be sure?
at this a strang simbol appeared in his mind, as if willing him to remember its signifigance...though he could not find its meaning, he had seen the simbol before... yet he knew not where.
Slowly falling from his trance he walked to graysith, and placed a hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her.
"Its alright graysith...it is all right."
he smiled at her for a moment before returning to the orb, his question finalized.
"What simbolizes one who is, or will become the Dark lord of the warrior clan?"
a small simbol flittered to the surfaces fo the orb...it was the simbol he had remembered...
Where have i seen it before though!

his thoughts screamed at him. he then turned to graysith a confused look on his face.
"Have you seen that simbol anywhere before?"
He then realized that she still looked a bit shocked by the last images that had been shown, he wrapped an arm about her, as if to remind her it was just a image, and that all would be well.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.237
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-02-2002 02:52 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith couldn't find the words with which to voice the unnameable terror that suddenly washed through her. It was completely unfounded, considering the moment, but somehow...

The faintest of whispers brushed the far corners of her mind. An image grew: turquoise eyes, blazing with... something ...coming closer and closer, bearing down upon her in inexorable strength and power, not to be denied, pushing aside her inner defenses with almost offhand ease, reaching into her being, blocking her from the All, but then continuing on....

A slight sob burst from her lips, and she whirled, burying her face against the coolness of Recinis's robes, burrowing further, seeking the warmth of his body, her hands grasping him with something akin to desperation and a deeply rooted despair.

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-02-2002 02:58 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: please switch over to "Anciant city, sith and all" in this forum... Thank you))

[ 09-02-2002 03:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.237

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05