my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Cradle Will Fall (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Cradle Will Fall
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-26-2002 01:40 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nodding slowly he stumbled along with graysith to there destination.
his eyes seemed to fall in and out of shadow, as his conciousness faded and returned.
his arm throbbed as he continued to fight for control of his thoughts, but for some reason he could not stop thinking of the pain.
It drowned him, demanding his attention, increasing with every second. Looking at his arm he suddenly realized that graysith had wrapped something about it... Her dress?
his mind flooded with the strange pain, he had been burned before, indeed, he had been cut and torn too. But this...this went beyond anything he knew in reality.
Suddenly his mind blanked and he stumbled into a wall before blinking back into conciousness, the only thing keeping him going being graysiths insistant tug upon him.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.39
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-26-2002 08:54 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A slight grunt escaped Graysith's lips as the great warrior began buckling in her grasp. Even as she strained to keep him upright and moving he came to yet another unsteady halt, now dragging her to a stop next to one of the great stone pillars that supported the huge foyer. For a moment the Sith warrior swayed as though dancing to some eerie music only he could hear; then his wounded body managed one step forward before it crashed against the pillar.

She gave out a small gasp as she slammed into him, her grip never leaving him. "Recinis!" she cried out in alarm as the warrior seemed to put forth an immense effort to keep moving, but only tottered in place. He then stopped altogether and merely stood unsteadily, held upright between the pillar and her grasp on him, which now slipped down to affix itself about his waist. She leaned into him now, one hand daring to loosen its hold so that she could reach up and tilt his face down to hers.

His eyes were rolling back in his head, seeing images in a world which held a population of one.

"Recinis!" she cried out again, thoroughly alarmed, giving his face a little shake to try to bring him back into the present. "Recinis!"

No answer but that the warrior seemed to let out a heaving sigh, then slowly slid down the pillar as his knees finally gave way and sent him to the floor. Graysith went down with him, beyond merely concerned now, for no lightsaber wound would produce such a result in its victim that she knew of. She shifted a bit, kneeling beside him and grasping him by both shoulders. She shook them as hard as she could, so hard in fact that his head whipped back and forth with her efforts, his horns scraping against the cold stone behind them.

"Recinis!" she cried again, more loudly, a note of despair rising in her voice and moisture shining in her eyes. "I cannot carry you!"

Nothing. The Sith remained oblivious, his eyes staring into the unknown. Then he shuddered, and an all-body sweat sprang out on him. His breathing accelerated in the space of a second, along with his heartbeat, and his blood once more began seeping from the wound. He lay against the stone, not even appearing to try to fight.

Graysith drew in a great breath, and pulled herself back from her protector, crying out for Shawn's assistance as she did so. Then she did the only other thing she could do: pulling back her arm, she then let go and slapped him across the face as hard as she could. Once, twice... and again.

[ 08-26-2002 09:10 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-26-2002 10:36 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban rushed as quickly as he could, to help Graysith steady Recinis..."What happened!?..."

Lo-Ban then saw Shawn walking out of the corner of his eye,"I've got his feet..."

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.99
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-26-2002 10:45 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith whirled from the yet unresponsive form of the Sith warrior.

"What did you do to him?" she hissed in a fierce whisper, pinning Loban with an icy glare born from desperation for her protector. Clearly, if the warrior wasn't somehow stabilized, and soon, chances were great that he could die.

Ignoring Loban now, she turned back to Recinis, and reaching out once again struck him fully across the face, seeking with all her might to bring his focus back from wherever it was hovering....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.193
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-26-2002 10:48 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban looked towards Graysith,"I did that!? no, there is no way a lightsaber would cause an injury like that..."

Lo-Ban waited for someone to tell him what the hell was going on...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.99
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-26-2002 11:03 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith flipped her face upward and to the side, looking up to Loban from where she still knelt beside the nearly unconscious warrior.

"That blade of yours, that lightsaber... it did... something to Recinis."

It was as though she heard the words for the very first time as she spoke them. Her breath caught in her throat, and she straightened up from the Sith, one hand flying to her mouth as she considered them further. Her eyes widened as sudden realization filled them, and she turned them now back and forward between Shawn and Loban.

"This is sorcery...." came the shocked whisper. She swallowed then turned back to the warrior, where she allowed herself the luxury of merely regarding his silent form for a moment longer. Then--

"Someone must inform Lord Aelvedaar, and immediately," she asserted, now turning to Shawn. "Unless you believe you can help in combating dark magicks, I think you might have the most luck in discovering my Sire's whereabouts. In the past I have let the All lead me to him...."

Her voice trailed to an abrupt closure with that, and she turned back to Recinis once more. There she continued her previous course of action, trying to awaken him with a series of slaps interspersed with her low outcries of concern.

[ 08-26-2002 11:04 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.193
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-26-2002 12:22 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn rose. "I have healing abilities, but I'm not quite sure that what I can do will help here or not. I might at least be able to access what is occurring within him, though. I can seek out Lord Aelvedaar, but at the moment I can't even pick up a Force-sense on him, and I don't know this Temple well. However--"

Shawn paused, thinking of something. "Erik Kartan may perhaps be able to assist us here, since he has both Force ability and has dwelt here longer than any of us..."

Stretching out in the Force, Shawn found that Force signature that was Erik's and sent a thought into his mind. Then he waited a moment for understanding to dawn on the other man. In no time he was satisfied.

"He is on his way..."

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 08-26-2002 01:16 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik stopped in his tracks, sensing a message through the Force. Listened a little bit harder to make sure he was hearing it right. Then he turned to Terrin and Galen. Terrrin shot him a quizzical look.

"Seems the immediate danger has passed. I'm needed in the Temple, but there is no cause for you to return with me at this point, should you not wish to. Seems we do have a bit of a situation, however. So it's up to you. I'd best be on my way, however."

With that, he turned and hurried on to the Temple, following the sense that was Shawn Petrolu and a few of the others as he did so. Upon entering, he found them in a lounge adjacent to the foyer. He stepped inside, and cast his eyes about the room, his gaze stopping as he spotted the unmoving form of Recinis. Then he looked up to Shawn in question.

"You needed me?"

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-26-2002 01:18 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn nodded just once. "We need to find Lord Aelvedaar, and I thought you would be of assistance, considering you have been here longer than all of us. Might you know the way?" Shawn asked hopefully, waiting to see what Erik would have to say.

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 08-26-2002 01:22 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik didn't know if he knew the exact way to where Lord Aelvedaar might be. The Sith Sorceror, as far as he knew, was rather good at keeping himself hidden when he was at work. Erik did, however, know the Temple fairly well, and could at least determine where the Sith Sorceror was not.

But then, he had watched over Jhindarra with Aelvedaar, so he just might know where to start.

After a bit more thought, he nodded, saying, "Yeah...I might not know the exact location, but...I have a good idea. Perhaps we can pool our talents and find him in due haste. Follow me."

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-26-2002 01:28 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban looked to the chosen daughter,"We need to put him on the couch, grab his feet... please... I wish not hurt him by carrying him by myself..."

Lo-Ban waited...

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-26-2002 01:30 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Through it all Recinis was in and out of conciousness, completly confused by the wound he had been given, through all his efforts to fight it, no good came. Suddenly the pains grasp upon him weakened slightly, an inner strength coming to, giving him the will to fight... 4 words, that carried strength beyond anything that could be expected of them.
And would you fail?

his eyes suddenly became focused, seeing graysith clearly, begining to feel the contiunus slaps accross his face.
he finaly managed a grunt in reply to his own thoughts "no...." seeming to find confert in its meanings he continued on. "failure...is...not... possible..."
Drawing in a deep breath he suddenly grew slightly more aware. his conciousness becoming full.
Fight...fight with everythign you have...if for no better reason then to complet your mission...
strangly, the thoughts continuesly gave him the strength to fight...yet, it was failing.
his eyes snapped open again, and stared deeply into graysiths for a moment...
worry...
a growl escaped from him as he faught on.
you can not let yourself fail...for the mission...for your friends.
focusing as best he could he somehow managed to stand, and stumble confusedly into the room, untill finaly colapsing on the couch that loban had been on. all his effort, he managed to reach a layign possition. he wasnt sure if anyone had followed, his attention being focused deeply on trying to reach the slight bit of comfert. he then blacked out, fallign deeply into the shadow's of his mind.
his last thought floating about absently in his head.
your friends will help you...your friends...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.203
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-26-2002 05:12 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"NO--!"

The cry choked out from between Graysith's lips as Recinis lay back against the cushions and began to black out. His head gradually lolled to one side, his half-lidded eyes staring inward toward a point that was getting farther and farther away from reality.

As the Sith warrior had battled against the rising blackness within himself, stumbling about blindly to finally fall upon the couch where he now lay, Graysith had kept with him, never letting her touch leave his person. Even now as he fell to lie silent she kept her hand upon him, instinctively knowing that he could somehow sense her being there with him, that she wouldn't let him fall into the darkness.

At least not alone.

So as he flopped limply upon the couch, she again went down beside him, ending up on the stone floor beside him, her feet curled up beneath herself. She reached out a cool hand to wipe his fevered brow, the other one now kneading his shoulder in the constant effort to let him know she was there, and every so often gave his head another shake or his face another slap to try and bring him around.

To no avail. The warrior remained silent, his eyes unseeing, his skin clammy. His wounded arm fell limply off the couch, brushing against her gown and staining it with its blood. She paid it no heed, but sat close by, keeping the all-so-important human contact with him unbroken.

"Hurry Erik," she whispered at length, although in a voice so quiet that Loban didn't hear her. Then she fell silent herself, trying to maintain a strong and supportive front, and all the while never feeling so inadequate in her entire life.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-26-2002 06:41 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Did you say something? I will search for something to cover the wound, that bandage wont be good much longer... do you need anything?"

Lo-Ban waited for Graysith's response, then he would be on his way...

Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 08-26-2002 07:40 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik knew for certain that Aelveedar had probably gone deep within the depths of the Temple in his quest to switch Shayla with Graysith. He also knew that there was a room far below with a Crystal Octrahedron, from where the Sith Sorceror Lord had watched things progress from afar when Shayla and Graysith had left after Aelveedar had revealed the truth about Roan.

And furthermore, Erik had been in the place where the Octrahedron was. He had spent quite a long time there watching over the unborn JhinDarra as the Sorceror Lord kept an eye on proceeding events.

However, knowing where a place was within a Sith Temple and actually getting in once you got there were two different things.

At length they reached the lowest floor of the Temple, and Erik lead Shawn to a pair of large and richly-carved doors.

Doors which most likely opened to only one presence.

Erik turned to Shawn. "Sense anything?" he asked. "Cause I sure don't."

Shawn started to say something, but Erik cut him off with a look. "Trust me, he's in there. You're gonna have to try to contact him. We might not be able to sense him, but I'm fairly certain he can us. Still, I don't have the abilities you do to mind-link..."

Erik trailed, his thoughts leading him along a related tangent. Only with one...

[ 08-26-2002 09:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-26-2002 11:05 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Without any further discussion, Shawn simply reached out in the Force, considering just what to say.

Then the presence of He whom they'd been looking for all along nailed him right between the eyes.

"He is in there," Shawn said quietly. He berated himself a bit for being so insensitive to the guidance of the Force, then moved on to the task.

He sent out a very brief and very urgent message. Lord Aelvedaar, I apologize deeply for the interruption, but there is a matter here that demands your immediate attention. The young boy that came with us from Khar Delba has brought a lightsaber that, during a duel, inflicted a strange and possibly fatal wound on Recinis...

Shawn sent no more thoughts than that, somehow knowing that this alone would be more than enough to gain the Sorceror Lord's attention.

[ 08-26-2002 11:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-27-2002 12:17 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
blackness rolled through his thoughts, the pain burned as though it was a raging fire within his sould, and with that, he awoke, to find utter blackness, with flames all about him, burning him, threatening to steal him away.
he stood slowly, his body strangly strong, the the flames sought to change that fact.
No, this is not conciousness...it is the fire within my mind...that blade burns on more then the physical level it appears.
with a sigh his lips fell into a deep frown, looking about, the ever burning flames becoming hotter and hotter with every passing second.
No...
his lips moved, but nothing came forth, except the thought of what he wished to speak.
the fire burned hotter, and he fell to his knees,he could barely feel himself, only the serling flames which seemed to burn him on all levels, yet did not touch his clothing, nor harm his skin.
through it all his eyes were shut tight, trying to deney what was happening, when suddenly he heard... No, he felt, a call to him, something that was purely that of feeling, of care. It reached to him, his eyes opened slowly, and he saw it... something, it was a blue haze in the distance...trying to reach him, yet it couldnt fully break through the flames.
suddenly an immage of graysith flashed in place of the blue aura, reaching a hand out, trying to pluck him away from danger.
his hand came forth slowly, and reach out to grasp graysiths, but the flames jumped to life, barring his way.
a growl escaped from his lips in protest, yet the flames seemed to feed on them.
I CAN NOT FAIL!
his inner thoughts screamed, yet with the thought, the flames rose ever higher.
closing his eyes once more he looked deep within himself. his failures falling through him with unbelevialbe strength, yet with this, the fire grew, what had once been his strength, now became his doom.
You will fail...You can not let it happen, but you will...
the flames lept higher, and the immage of graysith vanished completly.
Noo!
he screamed in denial, his own feelings towards her, rather then his failure, and his thoughts of the mission, coming forth to blast away the flames, once again showing her, yet they still burned.
at this he began to think... and soon Aelvedaar appeared as well, standing omniously over graysith, who was now laying on the ground...
This is how it was...what had he wanted? the feelings...Failure...I must release it, it binds me to this evil, this inferno.
Suddenly his eyes became wide, as realization crossed through him.

These flames are my own...the wound was simply the gate...i let them in, no, they have burned within me for some time, constantly growing with every bashing thought he held towards himself. The wound could heal, but the thought of failing in battle...that was ever lasting... and this could not be.
with that the flames slowly subsided, becoming that of a normal fire, still strong, but his understanding had acted like water...cooling there heat, and alowing him to think more clearly.
graysith stood once more, her hand outstrethed to him, he stood slowly, and began walking to her, the flames licked at his being, with every step he was confronted with a memory of his failure, with every step he was forced to confront what he had failed in, and accept that which he had no control over.
he could not fully put away any one memory, but he felt as though soon he would be able to release his self doubt.
These fires can not be destroyed. they can only be accepted. I feel not that i have the strength yet to release them...but in time, i will. with that he reached graysith, a brief smile crossing his face before...

His eyes suddenly snapped open, instantly he was confronted with graysiths almost serprised look, a brief smile crossed his features, and he looked at the wound, yet the pain was that which he could handle now.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 216.244.19.143
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-27-2002 12:27 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban came back into the room with something that could be construed as a large, thick bandage...

"Here, this should help... that 'thing' has held all the blood it can handle..."

Lo-Ban waited, to see if Graysith wished to do the honors of administering the bandage...

[ 08-27-2002 01:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 08-27-2002 01:28 AM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Narcolm shuddered, he felt somthing. Somthing as dark as the abyss, somthing that reached out to him, that pulled him towards it. Not him, his body, somthing his body craved. Darkness, his body wanted darkness. Narcolm scowled, in ernst now, his body did not crave darkness. He and his body were the same. He was the master of himsef, he balled his fists tightly as if he intended to beat the notion into himself. Even still, there was some perverse alure to the artifact. His frown grew level, perhaps he would look into the matter, he wanted, nay he needed, to find out what had caused this... he didn't know what. Narcolm bade his comrades farewell and left them, following his gut and hoping it would lead him to the source.

--------------------

Rathal

(I AM turning to the Darkside)

"There's room at the top they're telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill."

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-27-2002 01:35 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was as if the cold shadows of a thick and brooding forest were suddenly dispersed by brilliant rays of sunshine breaking through the canopy. Graysith couldn't help the small cry which came from her lips as Recinis's green eyes opened in so quick and unexpected a movement. They stared up into hers, then glanced briefly toward his wounded arm where they lingered a moment longer before returning to her own.

A great uprushing flood of warmth cascaded through Graysith's body as her brain finally kicked into gear, putting together the facts that Recinis's eyes were indeed open, that the bleeding of his arm had slowed, and that the awful look of haunting pain which had so recently creased his features had utterly disappeared. He stared up at her with amazing calmness, and even managed to smile at her, one brow crooking a bit as if to say, "Well--?"

Graysith released the breath she had been withholding, all unbeknownst to herself. Suddenly Recinis's eyes were entirely too large, too green, too filled with... something she couldn't quite place a finger upon, and in fact didn't truly know if she wanted to at this point. Her own eyes grew huge in turn, softening as an unspoken question filled their depths and reached out to find the answer in his.

He merely stayed calm, quietly smiling up at her.

Shaking her head as if to bring her own self back to reality, she let that short and strange moment pass entirely. Then she moved her hand from his shoulder to lay alongside the planes of his face, now smiling down at him in turn.

"I thought you were going to die, Recinis," she said quietly, her lips trembling at the very thought. "And what would I do then without your strength at my side?"

Falling silent, she remained seated on the floor next to the warrior, her one hand on his face, the other laying loosely against his shoulder, ignoring Loban's attempts to nursemaid as she simply basked in the pure relief that her protector had returned from whatever dark realms he had just journeyed within.

[ 08-27-2002 01:40 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-27-2002 01:43 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OH... COME ON!!

Lo-Ban placed the bandage on the corner of the couch,"Here, if you need it... I'll leave you two love birds alone..."

Lo-Ban then quickly exited, and headed towards where Jasyn had been... he could really use a drink...

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 08-27-2002 11:49 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn arched an eyebrow at Narcolm's departing form. "What the Hell is that about?"

Matt shrugged. "Not a clue." Then, "How's that piggyback coming?"

Jasyn eyed the controls to the spaceport as though considering this. "I can't read these screwy heiroglyphs, but I don't think it'd be difficult to rig if we had someone here who could read this jibberish."

Matt nodded and began to say something, when a somewhat disgruntled-looking Loban entered the spaceport as though he were hurrying away for some reason. Jasyn turned to look at him and rose a hand to his face to cover the grin of amusement suddenly covering his face. With effort, he managed to sober and reached in his pocket, pulling out a flask of something. "Here Kid," he said, "You look like you need this more than I do."

Matt turned to Jasyn, first frowning about the implications of Jasyn carrying around a flask of liquor then suddenly grinning, laughing in bemusement himself.

Jasyn continued with, "No wait...you can't have any, you're too young!"

Matt now joined in the fray. "Come now, Jasyn, who will ever know? Not like the law is gonna come after us here..."

Jasyn's grin turned lopsided. "You have a point there, my friend." And again turning to Loban, "What do you say, kid? How about some Whyrene's Reserve to fuel a little break from reality?"

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 08-27-2002 11:59 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The intrusion of another's thoughts breaks me momentarily away from the delicate fusion I have maintained with one across more than mere lightyears, and my body jerks in reflexive surprise that such a thought had the audacity to intrude at such a time. Then the words crystallize within my essence; closing my eyes I nod once to myself in preparation of breaking the link I had been maintaining with the Adept.

"Courage; we have not forgotten you...." I finally alert her to my presence with the single reminder to remain strong. Then I turn away from her altogether and move to the ornate doors of my sanctum sanctorum which hide me from the eyes of others. From most others, that is. They oil open in my presence, revealing the two jedi standing without.

I merely bow my horned head to them, now stepping forward to stride purposely between them and down the corridor. In the doing, I send a brief questing tendril of the All nosing about to seek further truths; it returns with information that makes my jaws clench, my heart pound. I speak not of these things, but continue on, the others turning about to trail along behind me.

I sense the air of immediate danger to be dissipating even as we travel toward the room where the others are waiting. However, this unsettling event does indeed need my attention; I frown as I stride along, thinking about that lightsaber and the possible implications thereof. Then I pull my wandering thoughts back into focus; such can be ascertained when I see the weapon and interrogate the young man. Until that point, speculation can only serve to cloud my mind from what the facts may reveal to me.

I move along the stone corridors, my robes swishing against the stone walls in cadence to the steady sounds of our advancing footsteps.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-27-2002 12:04 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He continued to look deep into her eyes, ignoring loban's comment completly.
his smiles changed slightly, becoming a bit more serious. "I will not die graysith, i will not leave you..." his smile then rose once more, he raised his right hand and placed it on graysiths shoulder lightly.
"of that you may be assured."Making promises? indeed...to prompt failure...
the thought struck him full force, yet he showed nothin of it, his smile still deep, and his eyes still gazing deeply into graysiths.
No...i will not fail...as long as my heart guides me, this is the best i can do, i realize that now.
with that his smile become a bit more sincer, if that was indeed possible.
he then tried to move his arm, and flinched as it did not respond to his will, only sendign a ripple of pain through him, he sighed and laughed a bit at this.
"strang...i never would have thought i would be caused such an injury by loban..."

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 209.178.160.91
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-27-2002 12:16 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The warmth filling Graysith's essence expanded within her as Recinis's words came to her ears. For a moment she didn't say anything, letting her actions speak for her, not wondering as to their inherent meanings, but knowing them to be somehow right. Her hand pressed a touch more strongly against Recinis face, then slipped to lay atop the hand he placed upon her shoulder. She let a myriad unspoken thoughts and possibilites flood between them, thoughts and possibilities she herself wasn't even aware of at this point; then her attention was drawn to the warrior's attempt to move his injured arm.

Her hand moved from atop his to lay lightly upon it, like a bird alighting on a sturdy limb. She let her fingers bring a modicum of cool relief to the wound, which was pouring forth heat like a miniaturized wildfire.

"Help is on the way, Recinis," she smiled into his eyes, her fingers brushing ever so lightly upon the wound. "This shall be taken care of, and soon you shall be well.

"I expect Lord Aelvedaar shall desire to... speak with young Loban...."

She let her voice trail off with that and fell into silence, a small shiver racing through her as the young man's very name brought with it the too-fresh memory of what he had so nearly caused to happen. She shivered again, not moving from Recinis's side, but merely sat curled by him, one hand on his arm, the other on his shoulder, her eyes still returning the deep look he gave her with one of her own.

[ 08-27-2002 12:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05