my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Cradle Will Fall (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Cradle Will Fall
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-30-2002 12:19 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban pushed his hate out of existence... He got to his feet, and made his way back toward the Temple, enough was enough... he would have to trust Shawn...

[ 08-30-2002 12:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.196.239
Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 08-30-2002 01:00 AM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Naad's ship aproached the atmosphere of K'eel Doba, in his hand he fingered the medalion that he had retrieved from his former pupil's corpse. He had been too hasty in the contemplation of his first idea, he did not need more bodies, he needed on. He got on the com and contacted the people he had recently imployed, calling off thier job and instead charging them to pick him up on the surface of K'eel Doba. He had transmitted the location of the uncharted world to them. It was time he return his vessel. He had done some reading in the book and had updated himself on the matter of the current going ons in the capital. Naad realised the city was shielded, but perhaps there was some way he might get a message across to his Lord and entreathim to allow him entrance. He was after all, a sith, and if he couldn't enter the capitol city why the hell could all these humans. The inertial dampeners whined as Naad passed through the atmosphere and landed on the surface. Moments later he stepped out of the ship and onto the surface of the planet. Freedon reached into his sourcerer's robes and produced a small vial containing a blueish fluid. He dripped a small amount onto the earth and stoppered the vial once more. Slowly he began to chant arcane words and the tiny puddle glowed, his voice cresendoed and suddenly the glowing substance burst into flame and dissapeared. Naad slumped to the ground, drained, if the spell had worked the Dark Lord of Sorcerers would know what he requested, if not, somthing which was likely given the nature of these shields, he would be left out in the proverbial cold until the shield dropped. Either way he was exauhsted.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-30-2002 01:33 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
--sometime later--

Recinis lay quietly with graysith on the bed, one arm laid lightly upon her back, her head resting easily next to his, her own arm on his chest, each smiling as the feelings ran through each of there finger tips, returning to the other, in a never endign cycle of knowledge, knowledge that niether would ever have to feel alone again, never have to live without a union as special as the one they now held.
They had experienced a bonding, that to others might seem impossible, each fully giving way to the other, not demanding anything more then what the other had to give, and with this.
and with this, recinis found a simple joy of knowledge, for he knew that graysith would not try to change him over, to make him "better" he knew she cared for him the way he was... he also was sure, that graysith knew the same was true for him towards her, contentness shinning in both there eyes, simply letting one another live in the eternal shine of the others brillently collored eyes.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.140
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-30-2002 02:22 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith lay on her side facing Recinis, basking in the simple pleasure of being scrutinized by his wonderful green eyes. They filled her soul with such delight that the waterfall she had created had long ago been replaced by the twining enclosure of tropical plants and vines. The soft rustles they made in the slight breeze coming through her yet-open balcony door made a soothing counterpoint to those coming from the fireplace, and their flowers filled the air with a heady scent.

She blinked slowly, then let her eyes drop from Recinis's to take note of that fact that the hand she had laid upon his chest was now lightly tracing one finger about the tattooes which covered it. A smile broadened upon her features as she contemplated them, noting the strangely powerful and totally exotic appeal they gave the Sith warrior. She idly traced one upon his left pectoral muscle, shifting her head a bit upon the pillows so as to look at it more closely.

"Tell me of yourself, love," she said softly, wanting now to begin learning everything she could about this warrior who had so completely given her his heart, as well as capturing her own. "What does this symbol mean?"

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-30-2002 02:35 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis felt graysith's finger trace over one of the many simbols imprinted upon his body,sending a small trickle of sensation to radiate at that point, with her inquiries about it he smiled warmly at her.
he thought for a moment, recalling that particular marking from the memories he had long sense placed such knowledges into.
"that is the simbol...of a warrior... One of the first of my line in fact, the first indeed to have an impact on the world... It was his leadership that united the warriors firstly...His great knowledge that aloud the warrior clan to begin its very forging." considering this for a moment, his smile broadened. "though he had not the fighting prowess to claim the leading position of the newly forming clan... He was indeed one of the first great sith to bare the name Q'utaro..." his voice then trailed off, and he unconciously began tracing that very mark lightly on her back, tickling slightly the skin that it touched.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-30-2002 02:49 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Q'utaro...."

Graysith breathed the word like it was forged in gold. It had a certain ring to it, one denoting subtlety of strength yet overwhelming power. With a start, she realized that Lord Roan was the leader of the Warrior clan, yet during her entire -- and in retrospect, thankfully brief -- affair with him, he had never mentioned anything of this to her. It was as if he thought she didn't merit the knowledge.

...while Recinis was so splendidly open with her. As she would always be to him....

She shivered with pleasure at the touch of his finger-trace upon her back, then focused on his words again. "I-- I am afraid that even though I am the Chosen Daughter of the Sith, I do not know much of these clans. Tell me of the warriors; is it difficult to train to become one of them? How are you chosen?"

With that she fell silent, her finger now idly tracing the outline of a particular sigil inked just above his navel, and quietly waited to hear his word. She wanted nothing more than to become as a sponge, and soak up everything there was to learn of her love, to imprint that knowledge in her very structure and thus make him even more than One with her....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-30-2002 03:02 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
thinking once more, he called the memories of his childhood to the forfront, as best he could with the slight gaps he found here and there. remembering slowly, he began to speak.
"Truly...im not exactly sure myself... I was chosen not by the warrior clan... But by the sorcerer clan's leader. My father had been a mighty warrior, one whom i believe the sorcerers had planed for this mission... But with his death, i was instantly called before them, and training began." he trailed off momentarily, thinking deeply, recalling the trials he had been through. "If my trials were anythign to say towards the those put forth by the warrior clan, it is indeed a painstaking challange to learn the way's of the warrior... Constant training, always was i required to be on guard, testing my perception even while i believed myself not training...Yet.. I remember being put throught trials later...trials from the warrior clan themselves...i cant remember why-" his voice then trailed off, his memory suddenly foggy as he entered that region of thought...
If his smile had dimmed at all, it now returned ten fold, he quietly pull graysith slightly closer to him, snuggling against her warmth. his eyes then strayed from her own for a moment to consider the presence of the glyph, they then returned to her eyes quickly, not wishing to stray from there wonders for any longer then necissary.
"tell me...how it is you became the 'chosen daughter'...please tell me of what allowed us to reach this current moment in time.."
yes...the wonders that led to this moment...such a perfect moment indeed
his thoughts whispered joyesly to him.

--------------------

---BMG

Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 08-30-2002 03:12 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
At long last a spark of life ignites within the mysteries of the Octahedron.

I have been standing here before this wondrous crystal for many hours, quietly contemplating its depths, and therein seeking the hiding place of my traitorous brother, Dark Lord Roan. With each passing hour of fruitless searching I grow more and more angered that he should be able to escape my detection with such apparent ease, until from somewhere within my own breast there arises the snarl of my own inner Beast, and I slam my fist against the crystalline surface in frustration.

The Octahedron remains coolly aloof... and then, a tiny spark of blue erupts within it.

I inhale quickly, and lean forward, now placing both my hands upon the sides of the crystal and peer intently within. There, a form is materializing within its whirling interior, one which gradually coalesces...

...but not into the familiar figure of Lord Roan.

This one, however, is likewise no stranger to me.

"Freedon Naad..." I whisper in the silence of my chambers. How long it had been... but by what design did he now await entry into the dead city of Phrinnchatka?

I frowned at the apparent serendipity of it all, then decide to let him gain entry. If an ally he would choose to be, than a powerful one he would be indeed. But if a foe...

No better place to put one's foes than smack before one's very nose.

I nod to myself, and let the chronotic shield drop that he may enter the city. He immediately senses the invitation; no sooner has he found his way through the hidden tunnel than I once again raise the shield that we should not be discovered by any other, and most certainly not by the one we in turn are so studiously seeking.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 08-30-2002 03:39 AM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Naad smiled as he wandered down the familiar corridors of the city. It had been a long time, a very long time. He longed to do a bit of site seeing, returning to places that had played a role in his past, but he denied himself that. He was here to return to Narcom what he had taken, and perhaps have a brief conversation with the Dark Lord of his caste. It had certainly been a long time. Still, there were people coming to pick him up and they would be put off to say the least if he was not present at the rendevous. Naad growled as he tripped on a crack in the floor, and stagered foward a few paces. He had brought with him the book of the Ages, intent on bargaining its wealth of knowledge in exchange for atmitance to the city. That had not proven nessesary. Naad had never been one for weapons, but he was no fool and he wasn't about to go into a strange situation unarmed. He had brought with him, concealed in the folds of his robes, an ornate, curved, dagger. He adjusted it slightly, making sure it was out of sight but well within his reach. He opend his volumous book and, using the information provided therein navigated himself toward the central temple. It was in the bowels of this structure that Aelvedaar, his lord, had his lair. As reached the inside of this place he saw Narcolm shambling through the halls. It did not take sorcerery to see that while you couldn't say the man was disgruntled, he was certainly anything but gruntled. Naad paused, he had been a stone for a long time and emotion was still a bit hard for him. He found that the infinate nuances of the human, or indeed any, pysche were imposibly hard to comprehend. As such, he didn't try. He simply stated the facts.

"I have docked your ship outside of the city, I am sorry that I had to apropriate it but it was nessesary at the time. Please understand," Naad stopped and looked at Narcolm. The man spun around and glared at Naad, repressing the urge to sieze him with the force and heave him across the corridor.

"YOU," he bellowed... then he realized what Naad had said and callmed down... slightly, "Never, steal from me again. As for my ship, it better be in perfect condtition or else there will be dire concequences." He half drew his sword menacingly. Naad just stared back at him and responded in an unphased monotone, "If you would like to inspect it you will have to find the Sorcerer Lord and ask him to allow you to leave. Otherwise I fear any attempts to vacate the premisis would be futile. If you would like I can use my knowledge and the Book of Ages to guide you to where he is, though disturbing him might not be the best of ideas."

The encounter with... whatever it had been had left him odly changed, he was angry at Naad and rightly so. But whereas before he might have been furious, he was now barely staving off a murderous rage. Narcolm shuddered. His ship came first, it was the last thing his father had given to him, the only thing he had left to remember him by. Narcolm nodded at Freedon and the two took off down the pasageway, Naad leading him to whatever might lay at the depths of this great temple.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-30-2002 03:40 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's eyes grew a touch clouded as Recinis's question came into her ears. One so simple on the surface... but one with so many levels of meaning and heights of ecstasy and glories of power and depths of despair all wrapped up within it that she truly didn't know how to begin tellling him of herself. She let out a little sigh, snuggling into his arms even more closely, and staring now at the sigil above his navel she had just been tracing, did her best to explain.

"I am-- I was... " she faltered, grinding to a momentary halt. She blinked, then pressed on. "My name is Jharmeen Jhin'Dar; my sister, Galen Danner I believe you have met. Our father--"

Here she paused once again, blinking back sudden tears. Her eyes grew even more huge, even more unfocused as, reaching now back into time to the day which transformed not only her life but her very being, she struggled to fight the ghosts it carried hand-in-hand with it. So intent was she that she wasn't even aware that the tears finally won out over her attempt to suppress them, and were trailing silvery paths down her cheeks.

"My father was a xenoarcheologist, who's specialty was the ancient Sith. Not much was known about them, you see, and we travelled the galaxy from one end to another seeking bits and pieces of their -- of your civilization. Galen was our pilot and navigator, while I..."

She paused in self scrutiny, wondering briefly before continuing simply, "I just went along to help. And one day, we found a planet... this planet..."

Again she paused, another shuddering indrawn breath racking her small frame. With studied effort she refocused, and gathering her strength for the words she knew she had to speak, went on.

"We discovered a great site, what appeared to be a Sith hangar, full of half buried Sith ships. We excavated what we could... and in that excavation, broke through to a side passage which led to a room..."

Now her eyes were huge, moist and dark with grief, the Glyph flaring into hard ultraviolet and giving the enclosing greenery an eerily surreal look.

"We went into that room," she continued, "and there we found-- we found..." For some reason, memory failed her, what was it in that room, what had she done? She had reached out almost instinctively, as though drawn like a magnet to something, and had touched it...

"It was than that he... that my Sire, Lord Aelvedaar reached out and... and touched me," Now her eyes seemed to totally encompass her face, so dark and huge had they grown. "...and he placed this upon me to be ignited when... when... that it should come to life when the light of love met dark and joined it."

She blinked through her tears, now turning her eyes up into Recinis's green ones, seeking understanding there, praying for his understanding....

She continued. "From that point, I was no longer Jharmeen. I had become Graysith, the Chosen One, the Chosen Daughter of the Sith, Lord Aelvedaar. This rune he placed within me was indeed ignited into the wonder of the All, but only when the balancing union of dark and light joined together in me.

"And it did join, when I fell in love with a powerful dark jedi known as Darth Wicked. He-- he is dead," she finished simply, coming to a brief halt, not able to go on about the murder of her own father which she had committed, nor the fact that her sister had pursued her for over two years, each with the intent to kill the other. That would come later, should this warrior she loved deign to remain with her after hearing this much of her story.

Her hands tightened into fists against him, and she buried herself against his chest, waiting....

[ 08-30-2002 03:51 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-30-2002 03:52 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis smiled a bit seriously at graysith for a moment, sensing that she was more then a little unsettled by parts of her past. His smile then grew completly warm as he leaned in and kissed her lightly, his eyes shinning with understanding.
"all that has happened... You must remember, it happens for reasons we know not, it is your past, and mine, together, that have led to the present, And with this, no fault can be in any of our actions..." with this his eyes let forth there soft, radiant glow, offering protection from any doubt graysith might have in his acceptence, once again drawing her eyes into his, a soft, and sincer smile on his face.
"I love you graysith... i love YOU... It is not simply a bit of good here or there...it is you, what is good, and what bad... all is in the end, you, and with that, i find only splender..." his voice then trailed off lightly, hoping that at least in some small way, she could indeed find comfort in his words...

--------------------

---BMG

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-30-2002 11:05 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She shivered briefly, linked to his soul through the gaze he was now giving her, all the while her mind flashing once more in comparison with another.

Lord Wicked... how summarily he had turned against her, and for no apparent reason, clone though he might have been. And now-- and now, one who would have true justification to be leery, to back off from her was instead clinging to her with the vow of remaining there forever.

She gripped him, still pinning his eyes with hers, not understanding this wonder in the light of any explanation other than:

He did love her.

Her hand reached to brush against his lips, and she whispered back, "I love you as well, Recinis. Know this." She let her lips replace her hand for a lingering and sweet kiss, and then drew back. "But there is more."

Pulling back slightly, she plunged ahead, and recited every major event which had happened to her since that day she had become the one known as Graysith. How she killed her very own father by beating him to death with a rock that day at the Sith site, then after not being able to find her hiding sister, how she had taken the family yacht and left her on K'eel Doba to die. How she had fled into the galaxy, seeking something, finding Wicked, falling in love... a meteoric love, one to flash in fiery brilliance but to fade from his memory, no matter what she did in the attempt to please him. How she had brought forth Lord Aelvedaar from the depths of the past, into this time to help her to understand. How he in turn had rescued her, bringing her to a secret training site when Wicked had finally turned against her altogether and placed her in the not so gentle hands of his "brother," Lord Atma.

How while at that training site her purpose had been revealed: that she was to be implemental in the resurrection of the Sith civilization. The ensuing encounter with Lady Gouyen Chee, and their encounter with Darth Desolist. How his lackey Graven Dark had revealed her pregnancy to her... a babe of great importance in events yet to come, but one accidentally killed by the inadvertent actions of her sister, Galen, ever on her trail like a hunting Nek.

How she sought to eliminate her own flesh and blood... and in the process found Shayla and took her to be her Adept --or so she thought, for indeed there was a great loneliness she was seeking to fill, an aching void needing to be made whole. How then she had taken her to Khar Delba to teach her, where Lord Roan appeared, deceiving her to believe he was her Dark Heart returned... that brief but volcanic reunion... her bearing another child by him, one which this time was born.

But not of her body. On and on she went, every story, every explanation of every item of importance or not; she truly now wanted to share it all with Recinis. And perhaps there was more... perhaps in a way it was a purging of self into understanding ears, and in that purging at long last truly finding who she really was.

She finally wound down. Around them was only silence, broken by the snaps and pops of the now dying fire, and the continual rustle of the leaves which held them in its magickal bower. She remained quiet as well, pondering exactly how to state the final words in her heart, and then opened her mouth to simply let them come as they would.

"Now you see who it is that you love, Recinis," she whispered, cupping his face in her hands and staring with the intensity of wildfire into his eyes. What she read there cooled that fiery look, provoking another smile to shadow her face. "As well as who it is who so strongly loves you in return."

[ 08-30-2002 03:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 08-30-2002 12:20 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Elsewhere in the city...

After a nice long play in the park with Darra, Terrin and Galen had retreated back to their home within the city to get little Darra something to eat. While Galen was off in the kitchen working on just that, Terrin stayed out in the living area with Darra, rocking her and swinging her and basically doing whatever it was that would entertain her while they were waiting. At this particular point he was standing in front of a window with her, allowing her to see her reflection. She reached out for it, grinning and cooing and certain she had found herself a small companion in the panes of the window.

Terrin couldn't help but smile at this, stepping in closer to the window so that Darra could reach out and touch the reflection. And that's when he saw him.

Terrin frowned, drawing back from the window and suddenly pulling Darra closer to himself suspiciously.

What the kriffing hell was he doing out there...like that? Granted, Terrin recognized the guy, but he was...naked? Why the hell was he walking through Prinn'chatka with no clothes on?

Darra cooed and seemed to look at him with her big blue eyes quizzically. Terrin smiled to her again, reaching out to ruffle the little bit of red hair that she had on her head. Then he turned and stepped into the kitchen, giving her to Galen. "I'll be right back," he told her, unconsciously fiddling with the blaster at his side. "I think there is a crazy man outside- a kid they brought back with them from Khar Delba," Terrin said a touch darkly.

He always did think that Loban was a bit weird...

"I don't know why, but he appears to be walking about town naked. I'm gonna go out there and see what the Hell he's doing out here and why the hell he is like that. And if I don't like his explanation, I think I just might shoot him."

With that Terrin turned and headed for the door, stopping momentarily to retrieve a long cloak that had been hanging in the closet when they had taken the house for themselves.

After all, who wanted to talk with a naked guy?

Then he headed on out, stopping Loban in his tracks and handing him the cloak. Then he frowned. "How the Hell did you get out here like that, kid?" he asked, again reaching for his blaster suspiciously.

Better be a really good explanation...

[ 08-30-2002 12:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-30-2002 12:23 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis had listioned contently, truly joyed to here of his loves past, the dark parts encluded.
Indeed he now knew who it was he loved...and who's love had been directed at him in return, and with this knowledge came the simple joy in understanding. Understanding that could alow them to reach an ever deeper form of love, for while there love before had been wounderful, now it could grow, with no secrets held between them...
"yes graysith, i no know... and with that knowledge... My love can only grow for you" with that he kissed her once more, a long, understanding kiss, that flooded them both with warmth.
he then released an almost sad sigh, as a few memories slowly arose to the surfice of his being, as if they were rising from a deep crypt, memories he himself had forgotten, through hours of tormented release.
indeed...hold nothing back from her recinis... Not even this...
"You have told me of the darkness in your past...now indeed... I must tell you of mine."
he closed his eyes slowly to recall it, and a shudder passed through his being as he did.
he pressed slightly closer to graysith, as if her warmth would be needed in the telling, as if he could be lost in utter cold without it.
he then looked deep into her eyes as he began.
"With my training completed...I...Th- The sorcerer wished for me to be... to be tested." shifted acwardly.
"he began sending me... on missions, to 'test' me, I was sent to kill people, told various reasons, and in my haste to pass the tests, i did, i simply slayed them, without question, yet, i was never seen ready, never was he satisfied... I had not been trained to be a warrior, i was a soldier, a being with no heart, not second though about what it was i was doing..." yet another shudder racked his being, and he unconciously pulled ever so slightly away from graysith, as if he didnt wish to infect her with the cold he felt must be radiating from his thoughts.
"the missions continued... on and on, as if that were my true purpose for being trained..."
"failure...that was my creed, it bound me... I could not fail... yet with every success, i truly failed my mind becoming more and more a simple killer." tears began welling in his eyes at this and his shuddering grew more frequent.
"I finaly did fail though... Through a warrior, a true warrior, one who faught with his heart as well as his body...That was my undoing, it was my lack of heart...Once i had believed it my strength"
he spat the words, with such distaste that it was as if even the knowledge that he could speak them could end his life.
"it was that warrior indeed...that defeated me on every level i could have ever believed...not only did he defeat me, but he spared my life, and then took me, the very person that had been sent to kill him for no reason that could be known, into his house, and treated me... It was then that my 'test' was complete...it was then that i began to question what i was told, no more would i kill, never again would i simply, destroy for a reason that was not adaquate..."
he was now weeping almost uncontrollibly, just barely able to speak.
"all the deaths...for no reason other then for me to fail...even then though, i would never allow myself to fail, if i accepted a mission, i completed a mission... But not very many missions were accepted after that."
one of his hands came up to rub a mark that lay centered on his chest for a moment.
"it was then that i was givin this...the sign of my father... my father, the self proclaimed 'warrior of the heart' one who never killed...unless it was indeed needed..."
"that was indeed my heart" his voice was a shuddering whisper "it was not untill i awoke...to find those that accepted me...and gladly gave any friendship i would accept...that my heart truly began to grow...and now..."
his eyes closed, not ready to face graysiths, afraid of what he might find there.
Dark deeds in ones past...those could be accepted...but this?
with a sigh.
"and now it is with you that my heart has grown complete..though i fear... is...i... could it be to late?" his voice then trailed off and he simply wept, finaly managing to look once more into graysiths eyes, hoping that she could indeed accept his past...
for how could she...when he could not even accept it?

"now you may truly see who it is you love, graysith. as well as who indeed, loves you with all his heart in return..."

[ 08-30-2002 01:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.111
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-30-2002 03:12 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Each word spoken by Recinis was as a razor to her very soul. With each there came such an acceleration of pain and self-loathing that she could scarcely bear to accept the fact he had to feel such things. But the greatest pain of all was the one subtly overshadowing his entire soliloquy, one that likewise grew and grew until at its end it appeared like the shadow of impending doom hanging over his heart: his fear that his story would push her away from him, just as she had feared hers would prompt him into responding in that same manner.

But indeed did their two hearts beat as one, and as one held the same understanding and capability for forgiveness, even when that forgiveness wasn't at all necessary....

Very gently, as though this immensely powerful and highly trained warrior of the Sith had suddenly been transformed into something with the frailty of an eggshell, she reached out and laid a hand against his cheek. For a moment she simply stared into his eyes, seeking his soul so that he would truly understand the words she was now trying to say. Her mouth worked, trying to form the words, trying to take up the enormous amount of pain and guilt this man was pouring into her essence...

...and simply make it vanish from his being. She prayed she had the ability to do that, and all for the sake of this warrior. For quite suddenly his needs transcended whatever ones she herself might have, and indeed ever would have. A long moment passed between them, pregnant with nuance and feeling and subtle offering and pure acceptance... and finally Graysith managed to put it all into faltering words which stumbled from her mouth:

"By the measure of what we have done it is said that we know who we are," she began slowly, sniffing back the tears which were springing into her eyes. "Yet this measure is able to change, that we too may do so. Some of us have our destinies placed before us, and must follow where they lead. While others..."

She paused again, now moving her other hand to lay directly over his heart. "While others can create destinies of their own, ones awaiting to be followed by the fact of that measure. One may adhere to a pre-set course... or one may veer from it. And if one chooses to veer, by whatever reason or awakening, then one may learn from it.

"You are not the only one who has killed, Recinis," she interjected abruptly, her voice dropping so low she didn't know if he heard her or not. "As well as for no apparent reason. But remember this: nothing happens without a reason; and the wise will wait to see what the future holds."

She paused again for breath, blinking her violet eyes and not attempting in the slightest to prevent her tears from pouring down her face. It was then that realization struck; now she gripped both sides of his face with such intensity her nails made slight imprints in the flesh there. Holding him thus, she drew his face down to within millimeters of her own.

"You claim you had no heart, and oh my love how wrong you are. One has been beating within you all along, merely unable to be freed... and I am so very thankful to be one of the few here allowed the honor of freeing it. And so, my love, to help free it further, let me take your pain...."

With that she loosened one hand a bit, sliding it up until her fingers touched his temple and around the back of his head. One finger brushed against one of his pearl-smooth horns, and lay there upon it; her little finger stretched down to find the neurological "pressure point" on the cheekbone. Now closing her eyes, she let herself go, opening herself up with her talents, bidding the inner Beast welcome to this feast which she was about to send to it...

...and allowed his fears and guilt and pain to rush into her. They came with tornadic force; she stood strong, ready and accepting, taking that pain and channelling it to the Beast...

...until at length she knew it was dissipated, eradicated from his soul.

Slowly she opened her eyes, and smiled into his wonderful green ones. "I love you Recinis... I love YOU... It is not simply a bit of good here or there," she went on, repeating what he had just spoken to her word for word, "...It is you, what is good, and what bad... all is in the end, you, and with that, I find only splendor...."

[ 08-30-2002 03:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-30-2002 03:56 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I am naked... aren't I..."

Lo-Ban took the cloak Terrin handed out to him, and quickly covered himself...

"I think it best I get back to the temple as soon as possible... you are welcome to join me, I plan to explain everything... everything, I know..."

Lo-Ban waited to see how the man would react...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.196.239
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-30-2002 04:07 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What the hell had this guy been drinking?

Explain everything? What "everything"?

Terrin was not amused. Here he was, away from the Temple spending time with his wife and daughter when this guy comes traipsing by, obviously coming from the wrong side of town from where he should have been, completely naked and obviously drunk.

And he was headed back to the Temple to "explain everything"?

Warning bells were going off in the back of Terrin's mind. He grabbed a fist-full of the cloak that he'd just handed Loban and glared at him. He didn't much like the fact that Loban had suddenly appeared out here near his family, and he was starting to feel really defensive and very suspicious. "And just how did you get out here, when I know for a fact they wouldn't have let you wander out this far?"

Terrin simply waited for Loban's reply, not letting go a bit.

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-30-2002 05:19 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis sat, wide eyed staring into graysiths, it felt as if a massive burden had been lifted from his very soul, this was before graysith had touched him, her simple acceptence had already freed his soul more then could ever be known, yet her next action struck deeply into his heart, causing it to swell within his chest as his love continued to grow greater and greater for this woman, who had so willingly done everything she could for him...
it was then that a bit of inner realization came to him...
I thought before that i would die for her...for my love... But i now know i will not... such actions would be selfish. I will live for her, live with her, together, no danger will seperate us, i now know that beyond doubt.
whatever distance he had created during his heart-felt anguish, he now closed,drawing her as close as he possibly could, finding comfort once again in her warmth, and the wonderful depths of her stunning violite eyes.
he then pressed forward with a kiss upon her forhead, followed instantly by another against her lips, his own still trembling, just a bit before finding solididy in her loving warmth. With the touch a myriad of possibilities flooded between them, of there struggle to return the sith, of their time after their mission became complete, and of simple existing together at any point in time, any place in the universe, together,as one essence, shared between two beings... Their hearts beating in unison, he now knew she was correct.
His heart had simply been waiting...
waiting for friendship, waiting for a chance, waiting for acceptence, but mostly... Waiting for her.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.61
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-30-2002 06:17 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Not one word was exchanged between them. Indeed, the mere superficiality of the spoken word could not have come anywhere close to expressing that which now was flowing back and forth between the two. In fact, on some unconscious level Graysith realized that to speak now would merely reduce the fragility of this moment of revelation to something approaching the mundane.

She merely continued to open herself up to him, letting him "see" that his torment was indeed gone, linking with his inner visions in further invitation to continue that inspection of her very being, now finally directing those somehow ethereal yet very tangible attentions to a particularly special point in the nucleus of her being.

There it lay, where it had all along: the tiny kernel held between the massive paws of her inner Beast. That Beast rose to all fours, its figurative head lowered, its flat pewter eyes glaring as Recinis's essence was urged gently toward it... and then with a little whimper backed entirely away.

There lay the kernel, glowing like a tiny sun. Abruptly, it burst open to reveal an image secretly revered, and now allowed its freedom to soar forth throughout her being:

The image of the two of them, Recinis and herself, standing in quiet unity against whatever Fate would present to them.

The jealously hoarded image of Darth Wicked was no more.

She didn't know if Recinis had in fact ever realized it was ever there. But now he knew for a fact that he was central to her very being, and a softly radiant glow crossed her features as she saw that recognition dawn upon his face.

Her eyes closed as his lips brushed her forehead, and then the universe exploded in utter awe as his lips moved to take hers. Quietly drawing him down, she closed the link about them both, binding them together as One, for all eternity.

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-30-2002 06:43 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
as there lips pressed together in a loving union, the world about them faded away into a mere memory, so lost had they became in eachother.
recinis let himself open more and more, pouring his soul into graysiths, feeling her's poor into him.
Through all the splended feelings that rushed through him, recinis became aware once more of their hearts, beating side by side, in complete, and rapid splender, when slowly, the two beats seem to fade, rising above that joining, to yet a higher level above that, the two hearts had become one, no longer in unision, for they were the same heart, shared joyesly by the two beings that loved eachother so completly.
Within their mind, for indeed, it was now their mind, and not simply his, or hers, Images of violite flowers comming to bloom apeared, with green stems soaking up the sunlight.
he felt utter joy at this, for to him it was much more then simply a showing of there growing love,
It was as if they had become the same plant, each part fully reliant, fully trusting in the other.
Thier heart beat faster and a cool-warmth encased them, a shield so wonderus, that no force, could break through its might, forever they would be protected by its un-dying power, in eachothers grasps they both knew this, recinis could feel it... He could feel her, within him, beside him, all about him, she was his shield, and he knew he was her's as well.
he was no longer aware of thier physical beings, for long ago had they left the boundries implied by such thoughts, they were in a place now that time had no baring, only the heart... Thier heart...a heart that beat stronger with every moment.

[ 08-30-2002 06:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.61
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-30-2002 07:43 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Look buddy, I don't have time for this, which way to the temple?"

Lo-Ban waited for Terrin's response...

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-31-2002 12:09 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin tightened his grip on the fistful of cloak he still had.

The nerve of this kid...

What he would have really liked to have done, at that very moment, was to knock the kid to the other side of the city in one swing. And Terrin was about to do just that when he thought better of it.

Ok, so the kid is across town in a really peculiar situation, and he's also obviously drunk. But he's also unarmed and on his way back to the Temple. So what good is it gonna do you to beat up on him?

None.

At length Terrin drew back and let Loban go with a sigh. "Fine then," he said, a hint of irritation still underpinning his words, "I don't know what the kriffing Hell you are doing out here, but I'm sure I'll find out about your escapades away from the Temple later, if there's anything I need to know." Then he turned and pointed in a particular direction. "Temple's that way." Terrin turned back to Loban then, slitting his eyes, "I'd suggest you be on your way."

And with no further word to the young man, Terrin simply turned on his heel and headed back into the house. When he got back inside he found Galen sitting in the living area, rocking and feeding Darra from what must have been a Sith-approximation of a bottle. She looked up at him and arched an eyebrow.

"Everything's fine," he said quietly. Then he added, slightly amused with himself, "The home fort is locked down and secure."

With that he walked over and sat beside her, draping an arm about her shoulders and gazing at his daughter. She was drinking contendedly, her eyelids drooping. Occasionally they would fall completely closed for a moment then she would squeeze them back open, fighting the sleep her little body was demanding.

Terrin just smiled. "She's so beautiful..." he observed, reaching out to run a finger along the plane of her tiny face. As she continued to drain her bottle, her eyelids seemed to grow heavier and heavier. For a long moment, he simply watched her.

"I was so very frightened of not finding her for a while," h said in seeming nonsequeiter. "Was so frightened that we were going to lose you..." he continued, his eyes suddenly growing misty. "I couldn't bear the thought of her being here all alone. Of her never knowing her mother..."

He paused at that, unconsciously pulling Galen closer to him, their daughter between them, her bottle now completely empty and her eyes again falling closed. Terrin wasn't quite sure why it was he was telling Galen all this now, but then, they hadn't ever really talked about it at all. And for that matter, it hadn't been all that long ago since Galen had been brought back from what seemed to be the brink of death. They hadn't had time to talk about it since their family had been reunited.

But that was the crux of the matter. They'd been reunited as a family.

Terrin smiled at this thought, then leaned in and kissed Galen gently on the cheek. Then he whispered. "I don't know what Fate deemed me to be so blessed to be a part of this family, but I've been blessed way beyond what I deserve. Seeing you with our daughter; seeing the look in your eyes when you look into hers; seeing her smile and laugh and play with you makes me happier than I would have ever dreamed possible.

"I'll give everything I have to make sure the two of you are never, ever seperated from each other ever again," he promised quietly. Then, he leaned in for one more kiss while, in Galen's arms, Darra slept peacefully on.

[ 08-31-2002 02:28 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-31-2002 12:17 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban realized Terrin recognized the alcohol which he had gulped mere minutes ago... He was not drunk, he had his focus back... thanks to his meditation...

He set off toward the Temple...

A few hours later...

Lo-Ban entered the Temple... He went straight toward where he had left Shawn and the other men...

"I shall answer any questions you have, to the best of my capabilities..."

[ 08-31-2002 12:53 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-31-2002 12:28 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn was able to keep the look of bemusement at Loban's apparent lack of correct clothing completely off his face, completely undetectable under his Jedi calm.

"Allright then," Shawn said, standing. "But first, I seriously suggest that we get you the proper attire."

Shawn clapped Loban on the shoulder, "You'll find a few things out about the Sith Temple, my boy, and that is that once you find a room that becomes yours it comes fully loaded with whatever clothing you would like.

"Let's get indoors, get comfortable, and then meet in the dining hall and have a talk..."

[ 08-31-2002 12:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-31-2002 12:41 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban quickly found a room, and got dressed...

The basic Jedi attire... also, a light cloak, with no hood... was his choice...

In fact, the clothing he had from Tattoine was no where near this nice... If looks could kill...

Lo-Ban exited the room, and found Shawn waiting in the dining hall...

He slowly approached him,"Do you know the whereabouts of my lightsaber?"

[ 08-31-2002 12:45 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05