my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Cry of the Sith (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Cry of the Sith
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-08-2002 11:57 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban gave thought to the words he had spoken... Shawn didn't look to be saying anything soon, Lo-Ban continued...

"I wish to learn the ways of the force, and the faults of the Jedi, along with the good factors they posses... Can you teach me the way of the force? I learn quickly... I apologize if this isn't the best time to ask this... but, your sister, she was no Jedi, yet she yielded the force... or something like it... can you explain?"

[ 08-09-2002 12:24 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 208.61.79.155
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-09-2002 11:31 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn cocked his head thoughtfully, whether in regards to Loban's questions or something else entirely was uncertain. Then, "I know not what Shayla wields," he admitted, his eyes revealing that he was deep in thought. For a long moment he let that answer echo into the darkness of Khar Delba, at length considering what Loban had said.

This kid was awfully, awfully niave. And a little more self-centered than perhaps HE even realized. He certainly had alot to learn...

Then, on the heels of that: And who is gonna teach him the things he needs to learn, buddy? Seems the galaxy is a touch wee short of Jedi these days. And at that a touch wee short of Jedi who still hold so fastly to the old ways that have bound them to inaction.

Shawn turned to Loban, his greeny-blue eyes assessing and seeking something. "Guidance indeed you do need," he at last said. "I promise you not what I am indeed uncertain of myself; for the time you spend here could very well be limited. What I promise you, however, is that in the timespan which you remain, you indeed shall learn my friend; for in every learning endeavor there must be a starting point--but never truly is there ever an ending point.

But first consider this--what do you know of me, that you can determine that I, in fact, would be a good teacher?"

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-09-2002 04:03 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban gave thought to Shawn's closing remarks...

This was all too true, he had been fooled by trust once and again, he might not live threw another mistaken trust...

He had no choice but to trust, or at least give Shawn the benefit of the doubt... but in the back of his mind, at least for the here and now, he would not let his guard down...

After giving this much thought, Lo-Ban responded...

"I dare not 'trust' so easily, nor should you trust me so quickly... if I am to be here for a short time, we shall use that to determine our trust in each other..."

"Let me begin with a question... why are you on this hellish planet..."

Lo-Ban fell silent, awaiting Shawn's response...

[ 08-09-2002 04:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 208.61.79.155
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-10-2002 10:05 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn frowned at this question. Not that it wasn't a good question, but he honestly hesitated to answer it.

Should he really be discussing why he was here with someone who might not be on-planet much longer?

And, as were the words that came right out of Loban's own mouth, Should he really trust this kid so easily?

The answer to that was simple. Of course not. And with the lives that were at stake here, he really couldn't risk bringing another person into this...especially one so niave. While Loban might not intentionally hinder what might need to be done here, he might at the same time become the weakest link. This they could not have.

Shawn turned his eyes to Loban. They darkened to a hue that was extremely unusual as he responded. "I'm here on business that is too fragile for you to know of. On business that will change the very Destiny of the Universe."

Crossing his arms, he added in a whisper, "You should leave here at once." Then he clammed up tighter than a Toydarian's cashbox on payday.

[ 08-10-2002 10:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-10-2002 11:52 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I take my risks... I understand the need for secrets, and untrustworthy individuals need not know certain things..."

Lo-Ban paused for a moment... and then continued...

"You can lock me up, for all I care... I will not give up... It has taken my so long to find one to teach me the ways of the force... I do not understand the power of this planet, or the beings there of, but as I said... I will take this risk, anything to become a user of the force..."

"Give me a chance... that is all I ask... give me one month to prove myself"

Lo-Ban gave thought to the words he had just spoken...prove myself... that is what has gotten me into this mess... I must change this flaw... but how...

Lo-Ban continued,"If I haven't made progress, in my... flaws, I shall leave this planet, and never return..."

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-11-2002 09:49 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn actually glowered at that. Then he leaned forward so that Loban could clearly distiguish the look on his face. "Kid, read my lips," he growled, putting every ounce of persuasion in his voice that he could "If you know what is best for me and you, you'll do what I've said and GO AWAY."

With that he returned to his tent to sleep out the night, no longer concerning himself as to what Loban did concerning shelter or leaving the planet on this evening that Shawn was certain would be his last chance...

[ 08-11-2002 09:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-11-2002 10:01 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"So you will not help me..." Was all Lo-Ban could get out as Shawn entered his tent...

will not, or cannot... either way... what kind of a mess have I gotten into?.... perhaps rest will change his mind...

[ 08-11-2002 10:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.195
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-12-2002 01:10 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: This thread continues in "LOng Drink of Water, Going Down Slow in this same forum. THANK YOU!!!)))

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05