my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Cry of the Sith (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Cry of the Sith
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 08-04-2002 12:13 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Admiral, surrounding circumstances require me to ask that you alter your arrangements for my wife to be returned to you to be healed. Galen has a link with her daughter which I believe is absolutely necessary for her to continue functioning until she is returned to consciousness. For this reason, our child must travel with her Mother. So, for the safety of my daughter and my wife, I would request that you allow my wife's...sister and my daughter's Aunt Graysith to travel with them, to see that they are fully protected from all those who have been seeking out my wife and little girl. Either these conditions must be met, or we must regretfully deny the kind offer you have placed before us."

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-04-2002 12:15 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban took a moment to let Shawn's words sink in...

"I have been thinking about that since I met your sister... I knew something wasn't right, I guess my eagerness to prove myself and become a Jedi were overwhelming... But I can not believe anyone could not be interested in her... you could get lost in those eyes for days... her aggressive attitude... I think I am in love..."

Lo-Ban tried to shrug off what he had just revealed to Shawn,"So... Can I see your saber by chance?"

[ 08-04-2002 12:35 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.163.243
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 08-04-2002 03:45 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He sighed to himself. "If those are the circumstances, rather than you coming, Mr. Danner, Aaron Barnes will come."

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-04-2002 05:51 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a long moment, Shawn only replied by looking at the young man very quizzically. Then, "Seems to me you need to think a little less of adventures, and a little bit more about using your brain. Get your head out of the stratosphere and off my sister. I somehow think she wouldn't be interested, and it wouldn't be very wise of you to antagonize her, I suspect."

With that, Shawn quieted again, leaning back and waiting to see if Loban would have any reply to this.

[ 08-04-2002 05:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-04-2002 05:55 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin frowned a bit at Actar's request. Okay, this was just a touch strange. But he didn't seem to have any other choice. And he knew he could trust Aaron; after all, Aaron had been doing things to help Galen all along.

He glanced over to Graysith a moment, shrugging. Then he replied. "Allright, Admiral. As you wish it."

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-04-2002 06:11 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith merely nodded her head once, keeping her thoughts to herself. Then rising to her feet she approached the inboard comm unit and initiated it.

"There are some coordinates which ought to be scrolling before you now, Mr. Kartan," she said smoothly, keenly aware of the frowns of annoyance and outright suspicion which were bouncing off her back from Terrin. "Please incorporate them into our navigational computer, and alter our course.

"We must proceed to that location with all expediency, and there we must meet with Captain Aaron Barnes, who must come alone. As it is, we are too many; we are privileged that the Admiral will allow our entire ship's company to approach the meeting-place has designated."

She paused a moment, pondering a bit. Then she sent the Hornett's comm-frequency to his command board as well, knowing he would follow through with this final instruction. That finished, she closed the circuit, turning around to utterly by-pass the still frowning Terrin, her violet gaze affixing itself instead to the silent forms of Galen and her daughter.

And her niece.

Beside her, M'wonBo'o seemed to sense the discomfiture the scene provoked within her breast, as with a crescending whine he coiled a tendril about her waist in a gesture of companionship and affection.

[ 08-04-2002 07:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-04-2002 06:23 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla sensed the ship's very brief course modification as she was walking through the corridors towards the sense that was her Sister and Teacher. At length, she arrived to find a small infant atop the motionless form of Galen with Terrin stooping close by. Only he was glaring at Graysith without even bothering to veil the look.

He'd obviously been allowed to see his daughter, been allowed to travel to the place where they intended to assist his wife, so what was with the look? Shayla turned to Graysith and cocked a brow in question.

What's up with him?

[ 08-04-2002 06:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-04-2002 06:32 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith turned around to return Shayla's look with a slightly bemused one of her own.

"It comes to my mind that Mr. Danner is a man whose trust is hard to come by, Blood Oath nevertheless. One reason could be that he equates me somehow with this Admiral, as though I had sought an alliance with him at some earlier date and did not deign to inform him of the fact."

Now she turned back to Terrin, her lip curling just a hint.

"Perhaps I have at that, Mr. Danner," she said, her tone of voice utterly silken and noncommital.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-04-2002 06:57 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin opened his mouth to blat forth a hasty denial when he realized just how useless it would be. He slammed his mouth shut in disgust; disgust with whom exactly, he wasn't sure.

Maybe he hadn't associated Graysith with Actar...

...at least not consciously...

...but he was suspicious, just as always.

Suddenly, a little shoulder angel popped up. Lighten up, Danner. You could give Graysith a break you know. She DID let you see your daughter, and she did let you come along.

He sighed. Damn shoulder angels.

But as if the angel wasn't enough, the devil popped up on the other side. Maybe she HAS made an Alliance with this Admiral before. He does have an ANNOYING tendency to pop up right after Graysith has...

Terrin frowned, now mostly to himself. What is with you, Danner? You should know as well as anyone that whatever happened in the past, if it in fact ever happened at all, is in fact just that.

In the past.

And gods know you've made an alliances before you aren't proud of. Or deigned to share with Graysith, for that matter.

Terrin closed his eyes and sighed, letting the annoyance and suspicion wash away with the motion. Then he opened them.

"Point taken, I think," he said, meeting Graysith's violet eyes with his blue ones. "Can't say that I like being left in the dark," he continued. "Espcially not in matters that concern those I hold so dear." At that, he looked over at his unconscious wife and sleeping daughter. He ran a finger along the side of Darra's cheek, then took one of Galen's hands in his. "But you've given your word, in blood nonetheless, and I've gotta learn to trust that. As hard as that is for me."

Quieting at that, he looked again to Graysith, waiting to see what she might reply.

[ 08-04-2002 07:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-04-2002 07:14 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Chosen Daughter drew herself upright, then in a slow and sinuous motion leaned in closely to whisper into Terrin Danner's ear:

"Indeed, my friend, it is well to remember that we are allied to each other in blood. Whether this alliance comes hand in hand with that trust we both seem so adept at tiptoeing about yet remains to be justified... let alone seen. Keep in mind all that I do I do for the Greater Good... and that is something you have yet to divine."

For a flashing moment her eyes blackened to inky pools which did not so much reflect Terrin's own pair as they sought to swallow them outright. Then her lids slid smoothly down, opening immediately to reveal her earlier and somewhat aloof violet gaze.

Nodding her head to Terrin, she turned and proceeded to depart from the medbay, hastening now toward the command center of the ship to be there on the bridge when they reached the coordinates sent to them by the esteemed Admiral Aijdin Actar.

[ 08-04-2002 07:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-04-2002 08:17 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Please follow Graysith and company into the And If Our Hopes Have Wings thread in the "Empire and New Republic" forum, thank you.))

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-04-2002 10:44 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Perhaps you are right, love isn't permitted in a Jedi's life... But, isn't being a Jedi one big adventure..."

That is all Lo-Ban had known about being a Jedi, hearing the stories of the old Jedi, when they were in their prime...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.163.243
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-04-2002 11:00 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Being a Jedi is more than adventure, my friend," Shawn corrected. "It's about responsibility, honor...about...protecting lives--at your own expense if necessary.

You have alot to learn. Alot."

With that, Shawn left their tent and walked out into the frozen Khar Delban jungle and gazed into the eerie darkness.

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-04-2002 11:06 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban thought if it would be wise to follow Shawn...

He didn't care, he had to speak his mind...

"I will do anything to learn the ways of the Jedi... I am not sure about the Council, but nothing can keep me from becoming a Jedi... I was born to make a difference in this galaxy, and somehow I will..."

Lo-Ban stood his ground, not too sure how Shawn would react...

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-05-2002 12:04 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn turned to direct a measuring blue-green gaze at the young man through the darkness.

"Are you sure you want to be a Jedi? Or do you just merely want the title for the glory of it?" he asked, arching an eyebrow.

Saying this, he returned his gaze to some unknown point in the Khar Delban sky. There really wasn't much else for him to do at the moment.

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-05-2002 12:38 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I have had the taste of glory my whole life... but, for the first time, I want more... not to be known for my excellent skills with the saber, or my racing... but known for my humanity... this is my destiny, to use my skills to help, not to break others spirits in competition..."

Lo-Ban was sincere in what he said, he only hoped Shawn could believe him...

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-05-2002 12:52 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn couldn't help but roll his eyes and say what he most wanted to at this. "You certainly have a rather large ego, don't ya buddy?"

Then, "If you wanna learn to become a Jedi, the first thing you've got to learn is think a little less of yourself and a lot more about everyone else. And that includes learning to give up what you have...and learning to endure," Shawn explained.

He waited a moment for this to sink in, then continued, grinning. "And you're gonna learn it starting now." With a quick push, Shawn knocked Loban back into the snow. Then, turning on his heel, he headed for the tent, "A lesson in survival should do you good--"

He stepped into the tent, then stuck his head out. "See you in the morning, if you figure out how to make it through the night."

[ 08-05-2002 12:54 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-05-2002 01:07 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban had been taught humility long ago... He headed off to find another means of shelter...I was so very close to finding my ship... that will be my first option...

After about an hour, Lo-Ban had found his ship... at least where it had been...

After a bit of digging, Lo-Ban lept into his cockpit, and fell fast asleep...

The warm up in the tent made a world of difference, he had owed his life to Shawn...

[ 08-05-2002 01:09 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-05-2002 01:40 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After two hours of rest, Lo-Ban awoke, he could sleep no longer...

He pressed a button, hoping the power he had left would give him enough of a boost to reach the tent... his ship started up... He shot a lever forward, and he was out of the snow...Moments later...

The auxiliary drive was damaged...

His ship went out like a light... instruments, nav board, everything...

So very dark, that wasn't the problem, he knew which direction the tent was... but, he didn't know exactly how far...

That didn't matter, he was going down, and fast...

A blur... He was out cold...

The crash site was mere meters from the tent...

[ 08-06-2002 03:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-06-2002 01:51 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn was well aware of the crash. After all, it had jolted him from his sleep.

He tried to take off? Stupid kid...

And why do I have the suspicion he's not going to go away now that I've paid him the tiniest bit of attention?

Run away kid. As fast and as far as you can. Things here are too complicated for you to begin to understand, let alone take part in. And I am just a rogue Jedi, doing what Rogue Jedi do. I'm following my guts on this.

Rolling over and eventually standing, Shawn made is way from the tent to the crash site. He dug through the rubble til he found the unconscious Loban. Then he reached out a hand and channeled healing energies into him.

The kid's eyes snapped open.

Shawn was rather blunt. "So, you wanna get off planet? I'd say that's a good idea, kid," he said, pulling him from the damaged cockpit. "I'd be happy to assist you in repairing your ship in any way."

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-06-2002 02:02 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban was a bit stunned...

"No sir, I did not wish to leave this planet... does not matter, she is unsalvageable, was a tough little ship though..."

Lo-Ban continued,"I finish what I start... I was out to find my ship... Lo-Ban reached into the damaged cockpit, and pulled out a metallic cylinder and attached it to his belt...

"That was what I was after, felt naked without it... I thought, while you slept, I would finish what I set out to do... I don't sleep much myself..."

"I would like to stay here for a while, I will do anything to learn the ways of the Jedi... Do you know how hard it is to find a noble Jedi in this crazy galaxy, I have a feeling about you... you seem trustworthy, and that would be the second time you saved my life... I would like an opportunity to return the favor..."

Lo-Ban awaited his response...

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-06-2002 02:19 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn cocked his head. "Would these keen observations of yours be due to a certain blonde haired, blue-green eyed sister of mine who frequently resides on this planet?" Shawn asked suspiciously. "There's more going on here than you might like to be involved in. And I don't think a few certain people would appreciate your presence. Besides," he continued, turning, "There are times I question the ways of a Jedi myself. Not to imply I still don't hold to those ways...just...differently than most." He turned back to Loban. "Your remainder here comes at a great risk to yourself. Possibly to me as well. Consider carefully."

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-06-2002 02:35 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban stood in deep thought for almost an eternity...

"I have already considered the way of the rogue Jedi, and that of the noble Jedi..."

Lo-Ban continued,"Although it was hard, I had forgotten your sister... that is until you brought her up... but I understand the oath of a Jedi..."

Lo-Ban gave careful consideration to the next words he would speak...

"I wish not to place you in danger... but I take full responsibility for my actions, if I am meant to die on this planet... so be it..."

"I need someone to teach me the ways of the Jedi, I don't care how, it is my destiny to become a Jedi... ever since I was a child, everything has led up this point in my life..."

"I will make a difference, somehow I will..."

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 08-08-2002 04:06 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn couldn't help but roll his eyes.

"I'm glad you and Destiny have had a nice chat," he mused. "Maybe you should introduce Destiny to me sometime, so that I might get a clue as to what he is thinking as well."

Then, a touch of something rather inscrutable glazed his eyes. "I regret to inform you that I believe most of the Jedi have been killed off recently due to their own inability to act in any way, shape or form. I promise not to teach you the ways of a Jedi, for I can't say I always hold to them myself. What I do I do because I believe it is the best thing to do, and not necessarily the Jedi thing to do. Perhaps you should consider that as well. If you wish to remain here at what will definitely be a risk, then I suppose that is completely up to you."

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-08-2002 09:28 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban gave this much thought...

"I have dreams... visions... of the future, at least that is how I see them... I can't explain them, as soon as I awake, they are lost to me... I have strong premonitions... of terrifying times ahead... and all I can think of is joining the side of good, and combat that of evil... I wish to do good in the galaxy, above all else... having the title of Jedi has been a childhood dream, not a necessity..."

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 208.61.79.155

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05